The Best of Britney Spears: Top 150 - #1 REVEALED!

Moderators: tdc2000, FreakyFlyBry

Postby JSparksFan » Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:49 pm

The rap bits in "Everybody" are cute. It's such an underrated song. "Hot as Ice" is such a great album track! Britney does sound very assertive on it.

"Tik Tik Boom" should be a bit higher. I do wish the track were a bit lengthier; I think it could've done well with another verse. "'Til It's Gone" is another solid Britney Jean track that could've taken another verse.

"Perfume" is gorgeous! It'd definitely crack my Top 100. "Kill The Lights" is superb. Britney's delivery on it is fantastic. "Trouble for Me" is sexy and fun - basically most of Britney's music in a nutshell. It was the stand-out track the first time I listened to Femme Fatale, but others moved ahead of it.

Your body looks so sick, I think I caught the flu. :lol: Don't care what anyone says, "(Drop Dead) Beautiful" is hilarious pop fun.

Maybe a Jamaican Patois accent is what she was going for, but not sure that was achieved. Either way, "The Hook Up" stands out as Britney's only real foray into that reggae-pop lane that became so popular almost a decade later. Its production is insanely impressive. For me, it's an easy Top 50 pick.

"Heaven on Earth" is so low! :o "I Wanna Go" as well. :o I thought "I Wanna Go" was annoying on the first play, but right before it became a single, it clicked with me.

I think "What U See (Is What U Get)" is another underrated jewel in Britney's discography. It's behind only the title track and "Stronger" from that album.

"Why Should I Be Sad" is the kind of song I wish Britney did more of. It's personal, yes, but not dry and vapid like "My Baby" and "Out from Under".
"You think your pain and your heartbreak are unprecedented in the history of the world, but then you read." - James Baldwin
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby britboyphil » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:51 am

What You See Is What You Get is an amazing song.. I think Overprotected picked up from it.. melody and personalney wise.
britboyphil
Manager

Postby GetBack » Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:23 pm

85. DON'T GO KNOCKIN' ON MY DOOR
Taken from: Oops!... I Did It Again

I adored this song when I first listened to the Oops!... I Did It Again way back in 2000. It's very catchy and has remained one of my favorite album tracks from her early bubblegum pop days. It sounds like something *NSYNC would have recorded. She performed the song a lot during the Oops!... I Did It Again tour.

84. WHEN I FOUND YOU
Taken from: Britney

This song is very underrated. I feel that a lot of the strong songs from the Britney album were the midtempos and ballads. I like that it strayed away from the usual cheesy teen pop ballad arrangement. The song's production creates a different and more mature texture to her sound.

83. TROUBLE
Taken from: Circus

This bonus track should have been an album track. I was so disappointed that this didn't make the album considering it was played during the For the Record documentary. I played it a lot more than the album tracks off Circus.

82. I LOVE ROCK 'N' ROLL

Britney's version of the The Arrow's classic (popularly recorded by Joan Jett) may have generated mixed reactions from audiences but it was never really made to create a serious statement of some sort. It was part of the Crossroads soundtrack (a karaoke version was added to the soundtrack EP) and recently, the song was added to the Piece of Me residency set list. The music video is very simple but it captures Britney's sexiest moments.

Britney performing "I Love Rock 'n' Roll" at the 2016 Billboard Music Awards.
81. BLUR

This song reminds me a lot of "Early Mornin'". It has the same 'drunk-from-clubbing-and-after-sex-party' theme and changes the mood of Circus somehow. I love the edgy and moody sound to it, which contrasted with the upbeat signature Britney cooing in other Circus album tracks.
GetBack
Legend

Postby Erotica » Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:58 am

I like Blur but Trouble is very weak
I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?
Erotica
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:22 pm

"Blur" is terrific. Britney really sells the one-night-stand storyline.
"You think your pain and your heartbreak are unprecedented in the history of the world, but then you read." - James Baldwin
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby GetBack » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:41 am

80. TOUCH OF MY HAND
Taken from: In the Zone

This is one of Britney's sexually charged songs in her catalog. This had a lot of hype as it stood out because of the masturbation theme. I didn't appreciate the song before, I really felt that it was a bit boring back in the day. It grew on me a lot as I listened to it over the years. I love the Middle Eastern arrangement to it, i feel like Britney could have explored a lot more of that ind of sound. It really suits her vibe.

79. HOW I ROLL
Taken from: Femme Fatale

This song is so playful and catchy. It sounds like a video game song, I feel like going to an arcade whenever I listen to it. This stood out to me even more when Britney performed it in the Femme Fatale tour, she seemed so into it more than the other songs she performed during the tour.

78. SHOWDOWN

I remember how I was not initially into In the Zone when it was released. This song kinda stood out for me and I liked it right away. The chorus has a lot more punch to it. I even wanted it to be a single at one point, but it never really became my all-time favorite as much as I did before.

77. COUPURE ÉLECTRIQUE
Taken from: Glory

For some random reason, Britney includes a French song as the final bonus track in her latest album, Glory, and she's even one of the songwriters. Google translates the song title as "blackout" in English, which probably hints at the fan-favorite album of the same name. I listened to it a lot when the album was released. I love the darkness in it.

76. SCREAM & SHOUT (with will.i.am)
Taken from: The Essential Britney Spears

I was not initially a fan of this song since it was another collaboration between Britney and will.i.am (I wasn't also that crazy with "Big Fat Bass" as well) but since Britney was doing X-Factor and this got a lot of hype, I started to like it. I really didn't mind that Britney left this one off the Piece of Me residency, but when I saw this live as an interlude, it stood out a lot compared to "Boys" which followed. A remix version was released but I didn't like it at all.

Britney in the music video for "Scream & Shout".
GetBack
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:57 pm

"Touch of My Hand" (and "Breathe on Me," for that matter) took some time to grow on me, but I wholly appreciate them now, and I'd say "Touch..." is a bit low.
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby Erotica » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:11 pm

Touch of my hand is way too low for me ^^
I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?
Erotica
Legend

Postby ConstantinosV » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:16 pm

ok touch of my hand is low but does anyone think that S&S is too high? To me this song never brought it. I only heard it cuz it was britney and because it was saying britney bitch. Also, in order to stand it i actually was playing a facebook game while listening it. The game is called "My shops", but that's irrelevant
As Mainshow said.. Ukmixers Start Voting NOW The Ukmix Vision Song Contest 2017 Final
ConstantinosV
Personal Assistant

Postby MrLeonix » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:37 pm

Not "Scream & Shout" higher than gems like "Touch of my hand", "Showdown" and "Coupure Electrique" :lol:

"Touch of my hand" is IMO Top 10 in Britney's catalogue.
Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . U2 . Radiohead . Lenny Kravitz . Led Zeppelin . Daft Punk . Oasis . Eminem . Metallica . Soda Stereo
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby GetBack » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:09 am

075. QUICKSAND

This song is one of those hyped in For the Record but was cut from the main track listing. I love the piano intro so much, it was perfectly executed when it was being played during the documentary. It could have easily replaced "Out from Under" (which was a weak follow-up after the two major singles in the main track list) or "My Baby" (which was not a good album closer) as the last track.

074. HARD TO FORGET YA

The song doesn't seem to have that much fan love as compared to other tracks like "Just Luv Me" or "Liar". As soon as the chorus kicks in, it screams signature Britney all over. I also love that Britney's voice doesn't drown in the background and it takes the center stage here despite the song being an uptempo.

073. THAT'S WHERE YOU TAKE ME

The song may be cheesy as hell, but I love Britney's soft vocals here. Apart from "Anticipating", this is one of the most bubblegum pop songs in the Britney album. It's a very safe song that obviously targets her young fan base but for nostalgic purposes, it gets to place this high.

072. TOY SOLDIER
Taken from: Blackout

I was so bummed that this was not released as a single. I really loved it during the time Blackout came out and I was really hoping that this would have get at least some single treatment but during the time, obviously Britney wasn't ready and she was done promoting the era after filming the "Piece of Me" video. The delivery of the verses is also reminiscent of Justin Timberlake's "SexyBack".

071. YOU GOT IT ALL

I really love this song. This was actually recorded by Britney before releasing ...Baby One More Time, it was supposed to end up as one of the tracks for that album, but it never saw the light of day until it was added as a bonus track in some international editions of Oops!... I Did It Again. A live showcase of Britney singing the song live (in SIngapore back in 1998) surfaced some years ago.

Britney performs "You Got It All" in a live showcase in Singapore back in 1998.
GetBack
Legend

Postby britboyphil » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:03 am

Hard To Forget Ya is one of.my fave tracks off Glory.. I love the 80s feel..
britboyphil
Manager

Postby ConstantinosV » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:00 am

i feel like these songs should be a bit lower.. once there are songs that have been put quite low.. these should be lower.
As Mainshow said.. Ukmixers Start Voting NOW The Ukmix Vision Song Contest 2017 Final
ConstantinosV
Personal Assistant

Postby GetBack » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:44 am

070. IF U SEEK AMY

Britney's 2008 comeback came in full force with the help of her most prolific songwriter and producer, Max Martin. "If U Seek Amy" again became very controversial for obvious reasons. The song sort of brings back Britney's baby sounding tone according to critics and fans. I think the song itself is not really up to par with the best of the Max Martin hits and songs she's recorded through her first decade. I really liked the fierceness of the music video, she really got back into great shape at the time.

A tight shot of Britney in the music video for "If U Seek Amy".
069. THE ANSWER

Co-written by Sean "Puffy" Combs, this song was only a bonus track from In the Zone. The song's verses have so much similarity with "I'm a Slave 4 U". I really loved this song back in the day, it could have replaced "Brave New Girl" and "(I Got That) Boom Boom" which were my least favorite songs.

068. 3
Taken from: The Singles Collection

"3" became Britney's first single to debut atop the Billboard Hot 100, something she could have achieved earlier in her career if digital downloads were a major factor early on. The song continued Britney's momentum in gaining ground in the singles department (she only had four Top 10 Billboard Hot 100 hits from 1998-2004) and only started to rake in more Top 10 hits at the tail end of the 2000s. I still think a new album in 2009 or early 2010 would have been better than releasing a greatest hits album.

Britney shoots the dance routine in the "3" music video.
067. CRIMINAL

"Criminal" was an instant fan favorite from the beginning. It was so refreshing to hear in an album like Femme Fatale, which was packed with electro-pop and dance songs from start to end. I still think there were a lot stronger choices as singles compared to this. Also, the music video came across as cringe-worthy, I mean, though Jason Trawick may have looked the part with his toned body and all, Britney's team could have afforded to find an actual actor or model to play her love interest.

Britney and her then-boyfriend Jason Trawick shooting the "Criminal" music video.
066. OUTTA THIS WORLD

I already loved this song from the moment I heard the demo. I really thought that this was for a different era because it sounded so soft and mellow, as compared to the dark and gritty club beats of the Blackout songs. I understand why it didn't make the cut but I still think it should have given some proper attention.
GetBack
Legend

Postby MrLeonix » Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:04 pm

GetBack wrote:073. THAT'S WHERE YOU TAKE ME

The song may be cheesy as hell, but I love Britney's soft vocals here. Apart from "Anticipating", this is one of the most bubblegum pop songs in the Britney album. It's a very safe song that obviously targets her young fan base but for nostalgic purposes, it gets to place this high.
They're not really bubblegum, "Anticipating" is a Neo-Disco song and "Thats where you take" is a Pop-R&B infused track, both similar to Janet's "All for you" spirit.

"Oveprotected", "Cinderella" and "Bombastic love" are the bubblegum songs on "Britney" (2001).
Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . U2 . Radiohead . Lenny Kravitz . Led Zeppelin . Daft Punk . Oasis . Eminem . Metallica . Soda Stereo
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby GetBack » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:52 pm

065. BOYS (THE CO-ED REMIX) (featuring Pharrell Williams)
Taken from: Austin Powers in Goldmember: Music from the Motion Picture

I never really thought that "Boys" will eventually be a single and get a remix treatment since it was just an alright track for me, having heard the original version in 2001. The Co-Ed Remix is a totally different story. It brought the song to life, the dance break is one of the best parts of the remix. Not to mention, Britney made such a hot video for it. I think adding Pharrell wasn't even necessary to be honest.

Britney and Mike Myers in the music video for "Boys".
064. GET NAKED (I GOT A PLAN)

I only started to like this song when Britney performed it in the Circus tour. There was a time that I got really hooked to it, it's very catchy. I think this song should have properly featured Danja since his vocals are all over the song. It blends very well with the songs "Freakshow" and "Heaven on Earth".

063. MAN ON THE MOON

Britney regularly gives her albums a song that seems to be taking a trip back to the younger Britney days whenever she puts a sweet pop ballad or something that echoes that sentiment (of a throwback to her teenybopper years). "Man on the Moon" is the closest to that era, it's really cheesy but I think it's not forced, it flows in the album very well. It's one of the standouts when I first heard the album.

062. TRIP TO YOUR HEART

I love the atmospheric vibe to this song. It's really refreshing to hear especially in Femme Fatale, where it's pretty much uptempo after uptempo after uptempo. I love everything about it, it's one of the best songs off the Femme Fatale record. It actually works as a perfect closing track.

061. IF I'M DANCING

I totally agree with people saying that "If I'm Dancing" gives off a Vengaboyz vibe. It's like a dance song that was written in the mid to late nineties. I love the experimental sound of it and the very repetitive chorus. I think it's one of the very underrated songs from the Glory album.
GetBack
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:15 am

"Toy Soldier" is good, but there are even finer gems on Blackout.

"If U Seek Amy" was such a fun, clever, naughty little song! I think it's a bit low here. The video is one of Britney's best! "Criminal" is similarly impressive, though I only love the first minute and a half of the video.

"Outta This World" is strong, but still one of the bottom three tracks on its parent album.

"Get Naked (I Got a Plan)" is a BOP! A true, undeniable bop! Britney's vocals just drip with sensuality. It's much too low here! :(

"Man on the Moon" is adorable, like you mentioned. I've said it a few times before, but it does feel like something the "Oops!" girl would be recording 16 years later.
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby GetBack » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:01 am

060. FREAKSHOW

"Freakshow" presents Britney dabbling in dubstep territory, something that critics and fans applauded as Britney experimenting further as an artist. It's definitely one of the best songs on the album, it could have been a single but obviously, it was too dark and less pop sounding, and it would possibly been ignored considering how the center of attention at the time was at Britney's personal life.

059. BETTER

BloodPop, Justin Tranter, Julia Michaels and Britney team up for this current and mainstream sounding track found in the deluxe version of Glory. Though this could have been sung by another artist, I think that this should have been in the standard edition. The production for this is definitely a lot more dominant than the song's melody and Britney's vocals. I find myself listening to the song more than some of the other more popular album tracks.

058. SELFISH

I love the playfulness of this song. As much as I speak of deluxe edition tracks, this is again one of those that should have made the main track listing in my opinion, I love that the bridge bursts in a more organic production with natural-sounding percussion. It's one of my most played Britney songs in the 2010s, I easily got tired of this album for a while but this has always been a huge favorite of mine.

057. AUTUMN GOODBYE
Taken from: ...Baby One More Time

"Autumn Goodbye" is actually a B-side in the "...Baby One More Time" single. I know that it's a cheesy sounding record but it's really more of nostalgia purposes again which is why the song made it this high in my personal Britney chart. I love how Britney's vocals are very prominent in this song. This has got to be one of the very few songs that Britney belts out some high notes, to be honest. The background vocals are also very noticeable and make it a lot catchier. The song can be found in some international editions of the album.

056. HE ABOUT TO LOSE ME

Hailed as one of the gems from Femme Fatale, the song was added in the early leg of the Femme Fatale tour. I really thought that it had a big chance to become a single since it was getting a lot of attention at the time. This is definitely one of the album's highlights. I also love that Britney's voice especially in the verses are less processed than usual.
GetBack
Legend

Postby Erotica » Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:48 pm

Criminal is perfect. Love Get naked and He about to lose me and Outta this world are great too
Erotica
Legend

Postby GetBack » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:51 pm

055. GET BACK

"Get Back" is the song where I took my name from, it was actually the song I was listening to when I made this account. According to some sources, the song was supposed to be the lead single off Blackout, I think it could have been a good lead but obviously, "Gimme More" is so much better. I still don't understand why it was left off as a Japanese bonus track, it could have replaced "Perfect Lover" as from the album.

054. UP N' DOWN

"Up n' Down" would probably be one of the strongest bonus tracks off Britney's catalog. It certainly gives the Femme Fatale album a fresh dance sound as compared the many bass-driven and overly processed vocal electro-pop in the standard version. Britney also performed this in the Femme Fatale tour, right after "Hold It Against Me" (during the show's opening set).

053. THINKIN' ABOUT YOU

This song was performed a lot during Britney's first ever mall tour. It was rumored to be one of the choices as a lead single (which would have been a terrible idea) as it is one of the least catchiest pop songs in the album. It grew on me a lot lately, maybe it's because I'm used to playing the whole ...Baby One More Time album continuously without skipping any tracks. The way Britney sings this song is noticeably different from what she's known for. She used her natural deep vocals in hitting the notes.

052. CINDERELLA

If Britney went for the safer route for her third album, this song would probably be the easy choice for a lead single. The song is pure fire, it has all the right elements for a Britney Spears hit single. It's such a shame that this song didn't get as much attention as other album cuts that got to be performed during the Dream Within a Dream world tour.

051. INSIDE OUT

Taking third place in the rank of Femme Fatale tracks (and barely making the Top 50) is "Inside Out". The song puts a sudden halt to the dance-driven flow of Femme Fatale but it's definitely one of the best songs for sure. The song references previous hits like "(You Drive Me) Crazy" and "...Baby One More Time". It could have worked well as the album's final single. The song showcases a different side of Britney and offers a lot more personality than the other pop-dance tracks from the album.
GetBack
Legend

Postby ConstantinosV » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:13 pm

ready for top 50!!!! can't wait. Sad that inside out didnt make it for 1 spot
ConstantinosV
Personal Assistant

Postby JSparksFan » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:24 am

I love "Freakshow" - one of Blackout's many gems. I, too, love the playfulness of "Selfish;" I think Britney does these more animated songs supremely well. "He About to Lose Me" is a stand-out from its parent album, but I don't love it as much as I did six years ago.

Definitely agree that "Get Back" should have replaced "Perfect Lover" on the standard edition! "Up n Down" is fun, "Cinderella" is fantastic and would have made a far superior lead than "Slave". I like "Inside Out". It has a big chorus that I can get behind, but I don't think I ever loved it as much as other Britney fans did.
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby GetBack » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:50 am

GetBack's Top 50 Britney Spears Songs
We finally reach our Top 50. I hope enjoy the songs that have made my chart so far.

050. I RUN AWAY

I adore this ballad from the Britney album. It's very disappointing that it was only issued as a bonus track in international editions. I love how the lyrics are so mature, it distances Britney from the usual sugary ballad about teen love and heartbreak. It kind of reminds me of Madonna's "The Power of Good-Bye". I love the production, it's so haunting. I am so in love with the use of the violin and the orchestra and the sudden playing of an acoustic guitar right before the final chorus.

049. LUCKY

Britney goes in complete 'cheese' mode with this song. I honestly think it was an okay single choice, even at the time of its release I felt that it was really targeting the young Disney crowd. The song is great and probably one of the guilty pleasures of many who have experienced the teen pop eras during the turn of the new millennium. The music video fits the song perfectly, it's crazy how a lot of it eventually seemed to be a foreshadowing of a chapter of Britney's life as the biggest pop star of her generation.

048. JUST LUV ME

A lot of people and fans compare this to the midtempos of younger acts like Selena Gomez or Justin Bieber. I think it would have worked well as a second single or a promo single for Glory. It does give a glimpse of how the album differs from the usual dance-driven direction that most Britney albums consist of. Britney's soft tone fits the calming pace of the song very well.

047. LONELY

I can still remember the very first time I heard this song. It was when I first played my Britney cassette tape when it was released. It still remains as one of my big favorites, it's actually single-material in my opinion. A lot of critics hail this song as the teenage "What About" as it has some similarities with Janet's song and Janet's style of singing. Britney performed this a lot on the Dream Within a Dream world tour.

046. DEEP IN MY HEART

"Deep in My Heart" is one of those songs from the first album hat I will never get tired of. It just takes me back to the late nineties, and that's the main reason why this song placed that high on my personal chart. I still can't believe how it did not make the final standard track listing. The great thing about songs off her first album was that her vocals still stood front and center. Although the production may sound simple and even basic to some, the whole combo of the sound and Britney's vocals brings that perfect mix plus that extra oomph. As much as the critics devalued this sound at the time of release, the album's sales record will speak for itself.
GetBack
Legend

Postby MrLeonix » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:58 am

"Lucky" and "Just luv me" didn't deserve to be in the Top 50 ..... "I run away", "Lonely" and "Deep in my heart" on the other hand are pure gold. 8-)
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby mznxbcv » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:26 pm

MrLeonix wrote:"Lucky" and "Just luv me" didn't deserve to be in the Top 50
Agreed that the production makes 'Lucky' unappealing but when reinterpreted for the eventual Broadway Show based on her catalog it will really shine.
mznxbcv
Groupie

Return to Personal Charts