Top 50 Aaliyah Songs by biscuits The Diva [30-24]

Moderators: tdc2000, FreakyFlyBry

Postby JSparksFan » Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:03 am

:o at "We Need a Resolution" being so low! For me, it's easily among her Top 5 best songs. The production is timeless.

For me, "Don't Know What to Tell Ya" is Top 10 material. Also, I don't think it's possible to overuse the word "cool" to describe Aaliyah's music; it's probably the most fitting word to describe her, too!
"You think your pain and your heartbreak are unprecedented in the history of the world, but then you read." - James Baldwin
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby biscuits » Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:16 pm

I'm wondering if anything will be as shocking as Resolution being so low. Perhaps when you see what has made the top 10 :lol:
biscuits
The Diva

Postby biscuits » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:16 pm

30. Throw Your Hands Up
This is a fun opener from her debut album, with a typical 90s groove to it. In hindsight, it's probably a little high on my countdown, but it's also one of those songs which is always nice to have on in the background without getting boring.
biscuits
The Diva

Postby biscuits » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:21 pm

29. At Your Best (You Are Love)
Another single now, although the album remix is drastically different from the video remix. This is another one of her songs which I have to be in the right mood for. When I'm feeling sleepy at night and listening to it through earphones, this is pure bliss. When it's a gorgeous sunny afternoon, I can't think of anything more inappropriate! As it is currently 'summer', maybe that affects the position on my countdown, as I haven't been playing it much lately. However, there's no denying the beauty of this song - the bridge is probably my favourite part, but the whole thing is just so soothing.
biscuits
The Diva

Postby biscuits » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:24 pm

28. U Got Nerve
This was always my favourite album track from 'Aaliyah' when I first bought the album. I loved the fierceness of it all, especially the lyrics of the chorus. I still like it, although it's no longer my favourite album track. I recently discovered this horn remix (which I've linked) which adds an amazing new element to the song.
biscuits
The Diva

Postby biscuits » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:27 pm

27. Don't Worry
I already feel bad for putting this above 'At Your Best'. Admittedly, I hadn't listened to it in months, even years, until I started compiling my list and it immediately took me back to Spring 2002 when 'I Care 4 U' came out, so I think nostalgia plays a part in this ranking. It's a cute song, nothing special or fancy.
biscuits
The Diva

Postby biscuits » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:30 pm

26. Erica Kane
Of the 6 new songs on 'I Care 4 U', this was always one of my favourite, despite that repetitive chorus! However, as the years have gone on, the repetition has put me off the song a little. It took a while for me to understand what Erica Kane actually meant, but now I can appreciate the cleverness of the lyrics.
biscuits
The Diva

Postby biscuits » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:33 pm

25. Read Between The Lines
This is the 10th song from 'Aaliyah' on my countdown, and the second highest album track from it. I remember that it took me a while to get into this one - I liked all the first 9 songs on the album except for this one which I tended to skip over. But after visualising a hot video for it in my head, with a Latin theme, I began to really like it and I think it could have worked well as a live performance.
biscuits
The Diva

Postby DOSSOME » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:37 pm

At Your Best (You Are Love) is simply one of my favorite songs ever... Her voice is so soothing. This song made me an Aaliyah fan tbh
Errr...Nice attempt but sit anyway
DOSSOME
Superstar

Postby Gravity » Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:14 am

I don't like Throw Your Hands Up. It's so annoying.

At Your Best (original version) is beautiful. Her vocals are straight outta heaven; that's how angelic they are.

U Got Nerve was my favorite album track for a while too. It's just so cool and catchy. The instrumental is fire!

Don't Worry is sweet and smooth. Such a cute track.

Erica Kane is too repetitive, but I like the lyrics. Can't remember the last time I listened to it though :oops:

Read Between The Lines is good but I think there are similar-sounding but better album tracks there, so I tend to overlook it.
Gravity
Superstar

Postby biscuits » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:28 pm

Resuming soon
biscuits
The Diva

Postby Carbon » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:34 pm

hope Miss You charts, that's the only one I like
Ја кријам главата под шалот.
Само на веѓите ми се гледа
дека мислам на тебе.

last.fm