My fav TAYLOR SWIFT songs - begin(ning) again - or the end?

Moderators: tdc2000, FreakyFlyBry

Postby luckyONE » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:44 pm

OUT OF THE WOODS
    album: 1989

"out of the woods" was never a favorite of mine until she performed it at the 2016 Grammys (where she won the "Album Of The Year"
    award for "1989"). that was a brilliant performance and the song itself had been stuck in my mind for days!
    the music video is nice, too IMO.
luckyONE
Superstar

Postby luckyONE » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:51 pm

LOVE STORY
    album: FEARLESS

"Love Story" is probably one of the most known Taylor Swift song (pre-RED era at least). my favorite version of the song is the one of the video - the US album version (and video version) is a little bit different - and makes the song less interesting IMO. the song itself is maybe kitsch - however as i was really addicted to the song a lot in the past, it definitely deserves a place in the Top 20 - that's typical Taylor Swift for me!
    the best version of this song however is the "1989Tour" version. so amazing (as is the whole performance!)
luckyONE
Superstar

Postby luckyONE » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:55 pm

TIED TOGETHER WITH A SMILE
    album: TAYLOR SWIFT

probably non of you would place the song so high - however i really love the song. not that i am surprised, but putting out such a track at this young age is astonishing -
    and its true to life lyrics make it even better!
luckyONE
Superstar

Postby luckyONE » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:58 pm

WONDERLAND

https://open.spotify.com/track/0kNSWs0FONDMVNe1NWbwCK

can i have a little rant about her "1989" tracks not being available on YouTube (aside from the singles)?
    "Wonderland" is one of strongest deluxe editions tracks ever - a true highlight on "1989" which I think could have been an incredible single!
luckyONE
Superstar

Postby luckyONE » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:04 pm

BREATHE featuring COLBIE CAILLAT

probably another surprising placing. "Breathe" would have been even higher (Top10) if I already made this list half a year ago.
    "Breathe" is one of my favorite songs by Taylor Swift because the moment I heard this song (or parts of it) is a moment I will never forget -
    in 2015 I started watching "Germany's Next Top Model" again after not watching it for 4 cycles. When one of my favorites was kicked out,
    they played this song when she was hugging her friends...
    "Breathe" is about losing a good friend and/or a love-gone-wrong scenario. i think the song lyrics reflect true life and all the experience we go true - the pain we suffer, the joy we go through.
luckyONE
Superstar

Postby luckyONE » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:08 pm

WILDEST DREAMS

Another "1989" track (and we'll lose three more before the Top 10 is revealed!) which i absolutely adore - so also good to see it was released as a single. i think no matter how a relationship ended, we should always cherish the good moments from it - and remember it well.that's what my interpretation of this song is. and that's what i try to do in real life, too.
luckyONE
Superstar

Postby luckyONE » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:11 pm

BAD BLOOD
    ***WITHOUT KENDRICK LAMAR***

the album version of this song is so superior to the version with the bad verse by Kendrick Lamar - it is such a great motivation song for my running playlist (and yes - my playlist consists of 90% Taylor Swift songs). I remember my "1989" got scruffed because I played this song a lot (too much?) in my car. :lol: that's the only song that doesn't play anymore - all the other tracks still play perfectly. :lol:
luckyONE
Superstar

Postby luckyONE » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:16 pm

NEW ROMANTICS

how was this song not released as an earlier single ?!? (instead of Style, for example :P ) that's a mystery to me. this song SCREAMS hit single to me - i am happy it got an official release eventually - however that should have happened way earlier. one of my favorite lines from a Taylor Swift song is "the best people in life are free". because that's just the way it is.
    (and anyone who ever got laughed at / bullied - the lyrics "i could build a castle out of all the bricks they threw at me and every day is like a battle" are probably relatable - another song from my running playlist BTW!)
luckyONE
Superstar

Postby luckyONE » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:19 pm

BLANK SPACE

the last song from "1989" to fall before the Top 10 is this pop masterpiece - "Blank Space" is probably almost as known as "Shake It Off"
    - I think it's definitely one of her signature hits (at least in Europe). Well, I can't say much about this song, probably all of you know it (and hopefully love it :P )
luckyONE
Superstar

Postby luckyONE » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:24 pm

DEAR JOHN
    album: SPEAK NOW

the longest track from her "SPEAK NOW" record places at #11 - and just misses the Top 10 by one spot.
    Personally, I usually don't like sitting through a dead ass long song - however "DEAR JOHN" is one of those tracks I cannot skip when listening to it - you just have to experience the whole thing.
    what i love about this song is that you really feel her emotions in her voice . probably a lot of people will have their own "John" - someone that betrays you and lies and manipulates you, too.
luckyONE
Superstar

Postby luckyONE » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:31 pm

ENCHANTED

actually, it was a little battle between "Dear John" and "Enchanted". However I came to conclusion that I coúld not let "Enchanted" NOT make the Top 10 - everything about is song is perfect tbh.
    it's such a powerful ballad with a very strong voice from Taylor herself. this song was actually the song i played again and again when my last relationship had come to an end - the line "please don't be in love with someone else" was just too powerful to be ignored at that time.
    and that was i how i fell in love with the song - it also reminds me of great times with my ex ("this night is sparkling, don't you let it go", "this night is flawless") - this song calls up so many emotions in me - happiness, sadness, love, heartbreak,....lots of DIFFERENT emotions at the same time... and not many songs do that.
luckyONE
Superstar

Postby luckyONE » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:38 pm

FOREVER AND ALWAYS (PIANO VERSION)
    album: FEARLESS

i actually love the piano version (That can be found on the Platinum Edition of "Fearless") more than the actual album version - and the latter one would have made the Top 20 aswell - however the piano version fits way better to the lyrics than the album version does IMO. as "forever and always" was a last-minute song to be included on the album i am happy it made its way to the record. i think it's absolutely brilliant - don't we all have had that one person in our life that shifted slowly away from us and we thought we did something wrong?
    a true-to-life song (again) - especially when you went through a break up where you wondered what YOU did wrong.
    on that note... flash back to when he said forever and always :cry: :cry: :cry:
TOP 8 coming this weekend.
Buy Reputation on Friday 8-)
luckyONE
Superstar

Postby BlankSpace » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:52 pm

Yessss Enchanted #10
I'll read the rest latter
Grammy for the Album of the Year goes to BEYONCÉ
and now you should probably wake up
Good Morning
BlankSpace
Manager

Postby JSparksFan » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:00 am

"Red" is phenomenal, and probably among my Top 10 T-Swizzle songs.

I love the urgency of Out of the Wood's chorus. #20 is a perfect ranking for it.

It took years for me to connect to "Love Story," and, in the end, it was the lyric, Romeo, save me, they're trying tell me how to feel, this love is difficult, but it's real that did it for me. The way she plays around with real is simple but dangerously addictive.

"Tied Together with a Smile" is decent. "Wonderland" would have made for a terrific single indeed! Hmm..."Breathe" does have a bit of magic hidden under its guise of simplicity, but it doesn't have that big spark her best songs have.

"Wildest Dreams" is good, but there were so many superior single options on 1989. "Bad Blood" is fairly mediocre with or without Kendrick Lamar.

"New Romantics" has great lyrics that aptly describe this generation. Blank Space's video just might be her best ever.

Lemme scream a bit at "Dear John" being so high. :lol: A "dead ass long song" captures my thoughts perfectly.

"Enchanted" is epic. After all these years, it is still, quite easily, my favourite Taylor Swift song. For me, it captures the 'great perhaps' within every first encounter. It's magical, wondrous, wildly optimistic, anxious - like you said, it manages to wrap a substantial number of emotions in its lyrics and melody, which parallels the rollercoaster ride that is most relationships.

Ah, "Forever and Always". It's a promise we foolishly make again and again. :(
"You think your pain and your heartbreak are unprecedented in the history of the world, but then you read." - James Baldwin
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby luckyONE » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:27 pm

BlankSpace wrote:Yessss Enchanted #10
I'll read the rest latter
i love this song so much
luckyONE
Superstar

Postby luckyONE » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:33 pm

JSparksFan wrote:"Red" is phenomenal, and probably among my Top 10 T-Swizzle songs.
nice to read that! it's my second favorite song from the album actually. yup, that also means only 1 song made the Top 20 from the album. It's really my least favorite by her :lol:

I love the urgency of Out of the Wood's chorus. #20 is a perfect ranking for it.

It took years for me to connect to "Love Story," and, in the end, it was the lyric, Romeo, save me, they're trying tell me how to feel, this love is difficult, but it's real that did it for me. The way she plays around with real is simple but dangerously addictive.
glad you like "Out Of The Woods"! about "love story", it really was one of the few songs from "Fearless" that I listened to over and over when I bought the album (eventually I was addicted to each song, but "Love Story" was one of the first) and this line you quoted is absolutely amazing!

"Tied Together with a Smile" is decent. "Wonderland" would have made for a terrific single indeed! Hmm..."Breathe" does have a bit of magic hidden under its guise of simplicity, but it doesn't have that big spark her best songs have.

"Wildest Dreams" is good, but there were so many superior single options on 1989. "Bad Blood" is fairly mediocre with or without Kendrick Lamar.
which songs would you have chosen as a single over "wildest dreams" ? there is only one song from the album (that still appears on this countdown) that i wished it was released as a single.

"New Romantics" has great lyrics that aptly describe this generation. Blank Space's video just might be her best ever.

Lemme scream a bit at "Dear John" being so high. :lol: A "dead ass long song" captures my thoughts perfectly.
i think so too. "Blank Space" is one of my favorite videos from this decade, too!
but :o @ your "Dear John" comment. :lol: I think it's such a strong track.

"Enchanted" is epic. After all these years, it is still, quite easily, my favourite Taylor Swift song. For me, it captures the 'great perhaps' within every first encounter. It's magical, wondrous, wildly optimistic, anxious - like you said, it manages to wrap a substantial number of emotions in its lyrics and melody, which parallels the rollercoaster ride that is most relationships.

Ah, "Forever and Always". It's a promise we foolishly make again and again. :(
... but glad you love these ones. "enchanted" is so beautiful,i am so happy she sang a part of it on the "1989 World Tour"!
luckyONE
Superstar

Postby luckyONE » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:47 pm

THE STORY OF US

often described as a "pop punk" song, "the story of us" is definitely a highlight. not only on the "speak now" album but for her entire discography.
    ... another song that is included on my running playlist. :lol:
    this includes one of my favorite Taylor Swift lines of all time.

she thinks i'm psycho because i like to rhyme her name with things
Last edited by luckyONE on Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
luckyONE
Superstar

Postby luckyONE » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:55 pm

TIM MCGRAW

being her debut single, "Tim McGraw" is definitely a personal highlight for me in T-Swizzle's discography-. It's probably another kitsch song, however I think her country roots are amazing! Music has the
    at power to evoke memories and for me, this song definitely does evoke memories for me too (not memories that I have with the song, but rather memories that are evoked due to the lyrics).
luckyONE
Superstar

Postby luckyONE » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:02 pm

LAST KISS

on the first listen, this might sound like a boring song that drags more than 6 minutes. however , i fell in love with this song when my relationship came to an end and i listened to the song several times on my headphones... every single word of this song is just so amazing and relatable.
    "never thought we'd have our last kiss"
    "so i'll watch your life in pictures like i used to watch you sleep, and i feel you forget me like i used to feel you breathe. and i keep up with our old friends just to ask them how are you. i hope it's nice where you are. and i hope the sun shines and it's a beautiful day. and something reminds you you wish you had stayed. you can plan for a change in weather and time. but i never planned on you changing your mind."
    somehow this song made me accept that the relationship is over but i'll keep it well in my mind.

this also happens to be one of my most listened Taylor Swift songs ever - over 300 scrobbles for this beautiful song!
luckyONE
Superstar

Postby JSparksFan » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:06 am

"The Story of Us" is solid, and was pretty relatable for me once upon a time. The She thinks I'm psycho cause I like to rhyme her name with things lyric is actually from "Better Than Revenge," though.

"Tim McGraw" is decent, but a rather basic song to launch such an impressive career. It has grown on me over the years, I must say.

Aw, I'm glad that "Last Kiss" holds such personal relevance for you. I think the power of Taylor's songwriting is that she has songs that pretty much everyone can find such deep connection to, much like Adele does. I don't like the song that much, though.

luckyONE wrote:which songs would you have chosen as a single over "wildest dreams" ? there is only one song from the album (that still appears on this countdown) that i wished it was released as a single.
Well, "Wildest Dreams" is at least better than "Bad Blood," but the single-worthy album tracks T-Swizzle left as such would include: "All You Had to Do Was Stay," "Clean," and "I Know Places".
"You think your pain and your heartbreak are unprecedented in the history of the world, but then you read." - James Baldwin
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby luckyONE » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:07 pm

JSparksFan wrote:
luckyONE wrote:which songs would you have chosen as a single over "wildest dreams" ? there is only one song from the album (that still appears on this countdown) that i wished it was released as a single.
Well, "Wildest Dreams" is at least better than "Bad Blood," but the single-worthy album tracks T-Swizzle left as such would include: "All You Had to Do Was Stay," "Clean," and "I Know Places".
The next song to be posted is my favorite album track by her - I wish it was a single. It's not one of those that you have mentioned though - but I still hope you enjoy that one. :P
luckyONE
Superstar

Postby luckyONE » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:08 pm

HOW YOU GET THE GIRL

https://open.spotify.com/track/1uVRGLXiCCUyHnhCRHY4sG
    **LISTEN TO ON SPOTIFY (not available on YouTube)**

I don’t know why I have a love affair with this song but it happens to be my favorite album track by Taylor Swift. Although the song was described as an instruction manual for men (who have broken up with their girlfriends and want them back after 6 months), it’s probably the least song I could relate to judging from the title. However, I think catchy melody and great lyrics really made me love this song.
    This is also the song I always listen to when starting my running sessions. Such a booster for motivation!
    Unfortuately, this doesn’t seem to be a fan favorite. I think this should have been a single tbh.
luckyONE
Superstar

Postby JSparksFan » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:10 pm

"How You Get the Girl" is average by Taylor's standards. It's cute, but not much else.
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby luckyONE » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:15 pm

MINE

„Mine“ is #4 on my countdown. I still remember listening to it a few times back in 2010 but somehow I was put off by Taylor (because I was a fan of someone else and probably mad at them not being that succesful when it comes to album sales :P :lol: ) and acted like i didn’t care for this song. However i think it’s such a catchy track with amazing, true-to-life lyrics. Always brings back great memories!

(if i am not wrong, this is one of your favorite Taylor songs, too JSparksFan? :oops: 8-) )
luckyONE
Superstar

Postby luckyONE » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:17 pm

TEARDROPS ON MY GUITAR

I know three different versions of this song: the original 2006 album version, the pop mix included on her debut album and the 2008 Fearless International Version. The first version I heard was the international version that is included on her Grammy award winning „Fearless“ album. That version alone would have placed the song in my Top 10. When I heard the original version for the first time, it felt quite weird because it’s such a country song (not that I should be surprised, given it is from Taylor’s debut album, but still. I was.). the original version grew on me a lot and it’s my favorite version now. The song itself is so amazing and one of the classic Taylor songs. I really love it a long, a song she should bring back to the stage asap IMO.

international version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogfq7fYv--c
    pop remix: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pR3S9M8dric
luckyONE
Superstar

Return to Personal Charts