My fav TAYLOR SWIFT songs - begin(ning) again - or the end?

Moderators: tdc2000, JSparksFan, FreakyFlyBry

Postby luckyONE » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:19 pm

SHAKE IT OFF
    album: 1989

Could it become more catchy? :o This is definitely a huge hit I will NEVER become tired of. Actually, this is in my Top 10 of my favorite songs from the 2010’s. My favorite lead single EVER by Taylor. She came back with a MONSTER hit. I think the song is similiar to „Mean“ (theme wise), but whilst the latter one is rather from a the victim perspective, this one is rather just laughing at all the haters, because, well. They are just gonna hate hate hate. And to be honest – that’s so relatable too. People care way too much if you are not the „norm“ . I like pop music - so what? I love Taylor Swift – so what? I shake it off (you got to) . Who cares about how many people I date (via GRINDR)? IDC anymore, I just shake it off. :lol: 8-)
luckyONE
Superstar

Postby luckyONE » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:20 pm

BEGIN AGAIN
    album: RED

I think this will forever by my favorite Taylor Swift song. Hard to imagine a different song will EVER take the#1 spot here. „Begin Again“ is just Taylor at her very best. Can I just have little meltdown about this song? I think this is her most beautiful song. The lyrics OMG. Whilst „Last Kiss“ was important for me (accepting the fact the relationship is over), „Begin Again“ was the song that made me finally say good-bye to that person. Actually, there is a little story behind this being my #1 Taylor song. When we broke up, I was an emotional wreck. However a few weeks later, I started using a dating app again – but those ONS didn’t make me happy at all (obviously) – I was still Loving (?) that one person. One day I met this one guy – and for the first time, it felt like the „good old days“ with my ex. Once I was at home, „Begin Again“ came up when I scrobbled my Taylor discography ( I didn’t care for the song that much before – hard to imagine). And I listened to the lyrics carefully – and ever since this moment, I love this song so much. It’s in my Top 5 of my all time favorite songs EVER. If I ever meet Taylor (hope there will be M&G tickets for the German show(s)), I really want to thank her for this song. It made me „say good-bye“ to my former relationship and also it made me realize this is not the end. Someday i will watch it „begin again“, too. In a Café. And i hope I’ll be walking in (when expecting him to be late), seeing him getting there early, standing and waving. And I walk to him, he pulls my chair out and helps me in. At the end of our date, I hope we walk down the block, to my car. And even though i will probably NOT bring the other one up again, i still hope he starts talking about the movies that his family watches every single christmas. Because that’s probably when you realize – what’s past is past.
luckyONE
Superstar

Postby luckyONE » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:22 pm

1. Begin Again
2. Shake It Off
3. Mine
4. Teardrops On My Guitar
5. How You Get The Girl
6. Last Kiss
7. Tim McGraw
8. The Story Of Us
9. Forever And Always (Piano Version)
10. Enchanted
11. Dear John
12. Blank Space
13. New Romantics
14. Bad Blood
15. Wildest Dreams
16. Breathe
17. Wonderland
18. Tied Together With A Smile
19. Love story
20. Out Of The Woods
21. Red
22. 22
23. Mean
24. Better Than Revenge
25. STarlight
26. Fifteen
27. The Last Time
28. Back To December
29. White Horse
30. The Moment I Knew
31. Cold As You
32. Haunted
33. Holy GRound
34. You’re Not Sorry
35. This Love
36. Mary’s Song (Oh My My My)
37. You Belong With Me
38. All You Had To DO Was Stay
39. The Way I Loved You
40. Innocence
41. Our Song
42. Should’ve Said No
43. Change
44. I Wish You Would
45. Fearless
46. Sparks Fly
47. OUrs
48. Girl At Home
49. Jump then fall
50. We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together

thanks to everyone. commenting, following, clicking. see you next time.
luckyONE
Superstar

Postby JSparksFan » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:45 pm

You're right; "Mine" is my favourite single from Taylor and second overall fave from her. I have quite vivid memories of it actually. It was right after the Fearless era - the era that made me a big fan of Taylor's - and I was so excited about the new track, but doubted that it would be as good as some of my Fearless faves like "You Belong with Me" and "The Way I Loved You". When it finally dropped and I heard that chorus, I was floored! The song still holds the record for the most consecutive days at #1 on my chart, and is the second longest-running #1 in my daily chart's eight-plus-year history. You made a rebel of a careless man's careful daughter is still my favourite hook from her, and the way she pronounces water is kinda adorable, too. :lol:

"Teardrops on My Guitar" was the first song I heard from Taylor Swift, and it was a quaint first introduction. I thought she was an Internet star I'd never heard of again. Little did I know how ridiculous wrong I would be! :lol:

"Shake It Off" got a bit stale for me, but I do love its message!

Aw at your story behind loving "Begin Again"! I definitely don't have the same connection to the song as you do, but I can certainly respect how a song that so closely parallels your real-life experience can have a monumental impact on you, so I'm happy that it helped you to realise that love never begins and ends with one person, even if it feels that way sometimes. The number of bad break-ups that lead into the most wonderful relationships are too many to count, so love on!

Great list! 8-)
"Love yourself so that love will not be a stranger when it comes, and it will come."

Akini's Top 25 Artists of 2017: [#1 Revealed!]
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby BlankSpace » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:23 pm

Amazing list
probably same as my top 50 except for the songs from 1989
im not much of a pop taylor fan so Shake it Off nd HYGTG wouldn't be in my Top 10 (both are amazing though)
Grammy for the Album of the Year goes to BEYONCÉ
and now you should probably wake up
Good Morning
BlankSpace
Manager

Postby Mainshow » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:07 pm

Oh, I haaaaaaaaaaaaaaate "Shake It Off" - It's one of the most annoying songs of all-time if you ask me. It didn't even help that Lena and Helene Fischer covered the track for a special performance. It must be her most terrible single ever. - Sorry for the harsh words but I really expected something I like to be part of your Top 2 especially since your countdown made me dislike her as an artist less. I found my love for some tracks and I just want to thank you for hosting this and giving me a chance to listen to her older stuff!

Just listening to your #1 for the very first time and I have to say.. "WOW! It's so beautiful!!!!!" and I really like your story behind liking it that much. I respect it when songs have such a strong connection to individuals. I have the same connection with another track which helped me a lot to realise that a relationship has come to an end, so I can fully understand you.

"Begin Again" is definitely a song I will probably end up buying on iTunes. Beautiful lyrics, she sounds amazing on the track!
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Return to Personal Charts