My fav TAYLOR SWIFT songs - begin(ning) again - or the end?

Moderators: tdc2000, FreakyFlyBry

Postby luckyONE » Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:04 pm

BlankSpace wrote:Sparks fly is my fave from SN it would clearly make my top 5..
"ours" is also really good
She has so many great songs - what I love is that almost every fan has a different top song! 8-)
luckyONE
Superstar

Postby luckyONE » Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:08 pm

FEARLESS
    album: FEARLESS

what i absolutely love about the title song of her GRammy award winning album is that it always puts me in such a positive mood! whilst it's not a song i can listen to over and over, i absolutely love it's care-free attitude. kinda reminds me that it doesn't matter through what we go - we always fall in love again and it's a new adventure - it's FEARLESS. 8-)
luckyONE
Superstar

Postby Colbie » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:47 am

Not Sparks Fly, Ours and Fearless so low! :-(

But agree what you said, its realy nice to see people having different favs by her, she has so many amazing songs!
Starry eyes sparking up my darkest night
Colbie
Superstar

Postby Tansike » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:49 am

4/6 for me so far

Don't mind the position for WANEGBT. It's a good pop track but nowhere near her best, and it also didn't age that well IMO.

LOVE "Jump Then Fall", such a little gem on "Fearless". Its melody keeps on appearing in my head out of a sudden every now and then.

Not familiar with "Girl At Home", also heard "Ours" like only twice so i don't remember it :oops:

"Sparks Fly" was my favorite single of "Speak Now", would be much higher on my list if i'd ever create a favorite TS song list. I thought it was brilliant back then.

"Fearless" is cute, nothing outstanding, but definitely a nice song of a great album :)
Tansike
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:12 pm

"Fearless" is lovely. It's too low. :(
"You think your pain and your heartbreak are unprecedented in the history of the world, but then you read." - James Baldwin
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby luckyONE » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:44 pm

Colbie wrote:Not Sparks Fly, Ours and Fearless so low! :-(

But agree what you said, its realy nice to see people having different favs by her, she has so many amazing songs!
I'm excited about what you have to say about my higher ranked songs tbh! :D or if only I truly love them... :lol:
luckyONE
Superstar

Postby luckyONE » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:45 pm

Tansike wrote:4/6 for me so far

Don't mind the position for WANEGBT. It's a good pop track but nowhere near her best, and it also didn't age that well IMO.

LOVE "Jump Then Fall", such a little gem on "Fearless". Its melody keeps on appearing in my head out of a sudden every now and then.

Not familiar with "Girl At Home", also heard "Ours" like only twice so i don't remember it :oops:

"Sparks Fly" was my favorite single of "Speak Now", would be much higher on my list if i'd ever create a favorite TS song list. I thought it was brilliant back then.

"Fearless" is cute, nothing outstanding, but definitely a nice song of a great album :)
yes, good to hear you are not too sad about the WANEGBT position. :lol:

"Sparks Fly" represents the "Speak Now" era perfectly IMO!
luckyONE
Superstar

Postby luckyONE » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:46 pm

JSparksFan wrote:"Fearless" is lovely. It's too low. :(
Aww. :( Hope you still appreciate the songs I put higher. :)
luckyONE
Superstar

Postby luckyONE » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:53 pm

I WISH YOU WOULD
    album: 1989

STREAM ON SPOTIFY
    https://open.spotify.com/track/7jfwAS6Uom1g20cvoql4PK

(there is unfortunately no YouTube video with the original track, at least not in Germany!)

for a long time i didn't care for this song. it used to be my least favorite song on the blockbuster album "1989". i still remember the night i fell in love with it. i was driving on the highway in the night and it was playing loud in my car. i played it over and over. such a catchy track!
luckyONE
Superstar

Postby luckyONE » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:56 pm

CHANGE
    album: FEARLESS

Believe it or not but this was her first Top 10 hit on the US BIllboard Hot 100 charts.
    There was a time I was crazy for a different Taylor Swift song each week... it also happened with "Change". I never cared for this song, thought it was kinda horrible... but once you listen to it in full, it's actually pretty cute and a nice song about achieving victory. it was even used a a theme song for Olympia 2008. IT fits pretty well tbh!
luckyONE
Superstar

Postby luckyONE » Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:00 pm

SHOULD'VE SAID NO
    album: TAYLOR SWIFT

first of all, i am happy this song exists! when i saw a documentary about taylor swift on TV, they said the album was a last-minute project and was done two nights before the CDs were about to be printed. it's such a great song because it deals with a moral statement. i always think it's about someone who cheated and should've said no instead... is it about that actually? :lol: :lol:
luckyONE
Superstar

Postby BlankSpace » Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:22 pm

'Change' is really amazing
especially the message behind it.. it gets a bit noisy in the end but still amazing
'i wish you would' is pretty catchy as well
but somehow i never liked "should've said no"
idk why.. i always skip it always
Grammy for the Album of the Year goes to BEYONCÉ
and now you should probably wake up
Good Morning
BlankSpace
Manager

Postby Colbie » Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:58 pm

Love Should've Said No and Change, reminds me of that iconic performance!
Starry eyes sparking up my darkest night
Colbie
Superstar

Postby JSparksFan » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:11 pm

"I Wish You Would" is the most forgettable song on its parent album. "Change" is a bit sub-par, but not awful.

luckyONE wrote:i always think it's about someone who cheated and should've said no instead... is it about that actually? :lol: :lol:
It is. I've always been a "Should've Said No" fan - a fan of both the song and its 'moral statement,' as you put it.
"You think your pain and your heartbreak are unprecedented in the history of the world, but then you read." - James Baldwin
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby JimJim » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:12 am

'I Wish You Would' charting higher than 'We Are Never Getting Back Together' :o ...crazy!

IWYW is an ok song, but it's the second weakest song on 1989 (including the deluxe tracks).
JimJim
Elusive Chanteuse

Postby luckyONE » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:08 pm

BlankSpace wrote:'Change' is really amazing
especially the message behind it.. it gets a bit noisy in the end but still amazing
'i wish you would' is pretty catchy as well
but somehow i never liked "should've said no"
idk why.. i always skip it always
regarding "Change", the ending is a little bit too noisy tbh but all in all stll a nice song in her discography! :D
luckyONE
Superstar

Postby luckyONE » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:10 pm

Colbie wrote:Love Should've Said No and Change, reminds me of that iconic performance!
do you mean this amazing performance at the ACMs?
that last note... damn!

luckyONE
Superstar

Postby luckyONE » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:11 pm

JSparksFan wrote:"I Wish You Would" is the most forgettable song on its parent album. "Change" is a bit sub-par, but not awful.

luckyONE wrote:i always think it's about someone who cheated and should've said no instead... is it about that actually? :lol: :lol:
It is. I've always been a "Should've Said No" fan - a fan of both the song and its 'moral statement,' as you put it.
really? i think there are more forgettable songs on 1989 - if i'd even called them forgettable. love all songs from the album, great record.
luckyONE
Superstar

Postby luckyONE » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:13 pm

JimJim wrote:'I Wish You Would' charting higher than 'We Are Never Getting Back Together' :o ...crazy!

IWYW is an ok song, but it's the second weakest song on 1989 (including the deluxe tracks).
what do you think is the weakest song on 1989?
luckyONE
Superstar

Postby luckyONE » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:21 pm

OUR SONG
    album: TAYLOR SWIFT

this is such a cute song! and it was such a great idea to put this as the last song on the (standard version of the album) very end of her debut album due to the "play it again" line - yup this definitely makes me re-spin the album! the song brings back great memories - not necessarily i have with the song - but definitely reminds me of old friendships where we had "our" songs, too. so cute.
luckyONE
Superstar

Postby luckyONE » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:28 pm

INNOCENCE
    album: SPEAK NOW

honestly, it took me a while to figure out this song was about the infamous 2009 VMA incident with Kanye West. it's such a great song with clever lyrics - one of the lyric highlights on her third album!
luckyONE
Superstar

Postby JSparksFan » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:31 pm

"Our Song" is my favourite track from Taylor's first album. It's so adorable.

"Innocence" is an oft-forgotten gem from Speak Now. I'm glad it made the countdown.
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby Magnus » Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:28 pm

"Fearless" should be higher, much higher.

Still waiting for the avatar change...
Magnus
Manager

Postby BlankSpace » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:15 am

Our Song is really cute song
INNOCENT is one of my favourite song from SPEAK NOW
i love the topics name "TS has 1 of the Best Videos of All Time" lol
btw the songs title is INNOCENT
Grammy for the Album of the Year goes to BEYONCÉ
and now you should probably wake up
Good Morning
BlankSpace
Manager

Postby luckyONE » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:12 am

JSparksFan wrote:"Our Song" is my favourite track from Taylor's first album. It's so adorable.

"Innocence" is an oft-forgotten gem from Speak Now. I'm glad it made the countdown.
yes, totally adorable! i just read that it was released exactly 10 years ago! :o 8-)

It's kinda funny/weird she performed Innocent at the VMAs but not on the tour. :cry: :cry:
luckyONE
Superstar

Return to Personal Charts