My fav TAYLOR SWIFT songs - begin(ning) again - or the end?

Moderators: tdc2000, FreakyFlyBry

Postby luckyONE » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:13 am

Magnus wrote:"Fearless" should be higher, much higher.

Still waiting for the avatar change...
tbh, i am kinda lazy when it comes to avatars, i am not good at making avatars and i am often too lazy to look around for avatars.. :lol:
luckyONE
Superstar

Postby luckyONE » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:15 am

BlankSpace wrote:Our Song is really cute song
INNOCENT is one of my favourite song from SPEAK NOW
i love the topics name "TS has 1 of the Best Videos of All Time" lol
btw the songs title is INNOCENT
to be honest, I never realized it's "Innocent" and not "Innocence". :o :lol: but I just looked it up, it's correctly writting in my music collection... thanks for pointing it out! :)
luckyONE
Superstar

Postby luckyONE » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:31 pm

THE WAY I LOVED YOU
    album: FEARLESS

this is a very good track with strong vocals. i could even imagine an amazing music video for this song, unfortunately it's a little bit forgotten in her discography.
luckyONE
Superstar

Postby JSparksFan » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:22 pm

Aw, "The Way I Loved You" is actually my second favourite song on Fearless. It is a bit forgotten, but I think it had the potential to be a huge hit single, certainly bigger than "Fifteen" and "White Horse" were.

JSparksFan wrote:"Innocence" is an oft-forgotten gem from Speak Now. I'm glad it made the countdown.
I'm going to put the blame on you for this typo. :lol:
"You think your pain and your heartbreak are unprecedented in the history of the world, but then you read." - James Baldwin
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby BlankSpace » Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:07 pm

^^i agree "The way i loved you" is a bit forgotten
but that's the most mature song of the album for ME.
Grammy for the Album of the Year goes to BEYONCÉ
and now you should probably wake up
Good Morning
BlankSpace
Manager

Postby luckyONE » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:18 pm

sorry, i am busy moving to a new flat atm. and it's more stress than i thought it would be. :lol:

JSparksFan wrote:Aw, "The Way I Loved You" is actually my second favourite song on Fearless. It is a bit forgotten, but I think it had the potential to be a huge hit single, certainly bigger than "Fifteen" and "White Horse" were.

JSparksFan wrote:"Innocence" is an oft-forgotten gem from Speak Now. I'm glad it made the countdown.
I'm going to put the blame on you for this typo. :lol:
yes , definitely underrated/forgotten! i love "fifteen" and "White Horse" (Especially as Singles!) but I would have loved "That's the way i loved you" being released as such , too. :cry:

Oop! :lol:
luckyONE
Superstar

Postby luckyONE » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:19 pm

BlankSpace wrote:^^i agree "The way i loved you" is a bit forgotten
but that's the most mature song of the album for ME.
it's definitely mature! and so good. 8-)
luckyONE
Superstar

Postby BlankSpace » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:46 pm

take your time man
it's all good
Good Morning
BlankSpace
Manager

Postby Mainshow » Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:27 pm

Personally, "Our Song" is not my cup of tea at all. Tbh, I stopped listening to the track after the first chorus.

"The Way I Loved You" reminds me of Avril Lavigne, tbh, especially the verse. The bridge/chorus are totally Taylor, though.

BUT "Innocence" is brilliant! :o I love the whole atmosphere of the song and Taylor's voice sound so pure on it! Very authentic! I think I have to listen to it again! Thanks for introducing it to me! It was also interesting to read that its lyrics address the "VMA fiasco".
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Postby luckyONE » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:24 am

BlankSpace wrote:take your time man
it's all good
yes! thank you.
Mainshow wrote:Personally, "Our Song" is not my cup of tea at all. Tbh, I stopped listening to the track after the first chorus.

"The Way I Loved You" reminds me of Avril Lavigne, tbh, especially the verse. The bridge/chorus are totally Taylor, though.

BUT "Innocence" is brilliant! :o I love the whole atmosphere of the song and Taylor's voice sound so pure on it! Very authentic! I think I have to listen to it again! Thanks for introducing it to me! It was also interesting to read that its lyrics address the "VMA fiasco".
she definitely has some similiarites with Avril sometimes, however I've never liked an Avril song as much as I did any of Taylor's songs in my Top 50... :lol:

I was actually shocked when i found out that "innocent" is about the VMA fiasco. I've never expected her to speak out about it... but clever lyrics!
luckyONE
Superstar

Postby luckyONE » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:28 am

ALL YOU HAD TO DO WAS STAY

https://open.spotify.com/track/4RnDMXRqADpfMcK5SWVNu5
    **STREAM IT ON SPOTIFY**

just like many "1989" songs, they are not available on YouTube.
    "All You Had To Do Was Stay" is definitely a catchy track with great lyrics. at some point it was one of my favorite tracks from 1989. it is also great to work out to.
luckyONE
Superstar

Postby luckyONE » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:32 am

YOU BELONG WITH ME

probably THE Taylor Swift song from the pre-RED eras. I must admit it's only become interesting for me in the last few weeks. It finally clicked with me and I adore it a lot now.

if you follow me on Instagram (@i.love.collecting.cds) you might know this is one of my favorite songs to lip-sync to in my Instagram stories!

the VMA performance is so good, too!
    I placed the song "rather low" on this countdown because I just became a fan of it. in the near future, i guess i'd place it a little higher, though.

luckyONE
Superstar

Postby JSparksFan » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:47 am

"All You Had to Do Was Stay" is the most underrated 1989 track, in my opinion. I find it so relatable.

"You Belong with Me" made me a Taylor Swift fan. I remember being rather obsessed with its video, too.
"You think your pain and your heartbreak are unprecedented in the history of the world, but then you read." - James Baldwin
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby BlankSpace » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:01 am

yeah AYHTDWS is totally relatable
nd YBWM was one of the first song i had heard from Taylor, it still sounds so damn fresh tbh
if you follow me on Instagram (@i.love.collecting.cds) you might know this is one of my favorite songs to lip-sync to in my Instagram stories!
i saw that :D
Good Morning
BlankSpace
Manager

Postby luckyONE » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:40 am

JSparksFan wrote:"All You Had to Do Was Stay" is the most underrated 1989 track, in my opinion. I find it so relatable.

"You Belong with Me" made me a Taylor Swift fan. I remember being rather obsessed with its video, too.
must have been an awesome time!
i'm still not sure how i missed the whole Taylor Swift hype back then, especially because 2008 was pretty much the first year I really got interested in other artists than Madonna, too.

BlankSpace wrote:yeah AYHTDWS is totally relatable
nd YBWM was one of the first song i had heard from Taylor, it still sounds so damn fresh tbh
i saw that :D
yesss! 8-) there is nothing better than lip-syning to TayTay songs, I swear. :lol:
luckyONE
Superstar

Postby luckyONE » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:45 am

MARY'S SONG (OH MY MY MY)
    album: TAYLOR SWIFT

This is such a cute song from her debut album that I first thought it's nothing special.But one night I listened to the album on my headphones and this was one of the songs that stood out for me. it's probably not a favorite here, or known at all, but in my heart it'll always have a special place.
    according to wikipedia...
    "Mary's Song (Oh My My My)" was actually inspired by her next-door neighbors' long lasting marriage, being the opposite of what tabloids fixate on"
luckyONE
Superstar

Postby luckyONE » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:51 am

THIS LOVE
    album: 1989

https://open.spotify.com/track/1IrdGyDgGeQISfIHg2PcDi

how could anyone not love this emotion-filled song`? it's such a good song for chilled sundays on your couch, listening to it on your headphones.
    a few days after i bought "1989", i decided to walk around the city listening to the album. when "this love" came up, i actually thought this was "Wildest Dreams" because she also uses this title in the song lyrics... :lol:
luckyONE
Superstar

Postby luckyONE » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:53 am

YOU'RE NOT SORRY

this is one of the very few songs that have ever made me shed a tear! i don't know why but such ballads always bring me into a sad mood. :lol: on the other hand, i really do love it because it's another relatable song from Taylor Swift.
    What I especially about this song is the live medley she did at the SPEAK NOW WORLD TOUR together with "Back To December" and "Apologize"... heaven!

luckyONE
Superstar

Postby luckyONE » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:55 am

HOLY GROUND
    album: RED

if you ever decide to put a Taylor Swift song on your workout/Running playlist, put this song on it. this brings me such a great motivation every time i go on a run (it's usually one of the last tracks because it always gives me a great last boost). so catchy too. one of the highlights on "RED", definitely!

luckyONE
Superstar

Postby luckyONE » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:58 am

HAUNTED
    album: SPEAK NOW

i already said it with "SPARKS FLY", but this is another song that really fits to the "SPEAK NOW" era pretty amazing. i love the heavy use of the orchestra. it's something she has never done before (at least not that heavily).
    it took me quite a long time to appreciate the song.
    check out the acoustic version from the SPEAK NOW deluxe edition, too!

luckyONE
Superstar

Postby BlankSpace » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:09 am

MARY'S SONG (OH MY MY MY)
cutest track of the album
THIS LOVE
"Your kiss, my cheek, I watched you leave
Your smile, my ghost, I fell to my knees
When you're young you just run
But you come back to what you need"
can't describe how much I love this song
YOU'RE NOT SORRY
one of the best song on the album
nd just like most of her songs TOTALLY RELATABLE
HOLY GROUND
not my cup of tea
This along with Starlight are my least fave from her.
I don't think i have listened to both of them more than 3-4 times,
HAUNTED
amazing although i prefer the Acoustic version
but just like many of SPEAK NOW tracks simply amaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazzzzing
Good Morning
BlankSpace
Manager

Postby Mainshow » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:52 pm

OMG! "You're Not Sorry" is pretty good and "You Belong With Me" is super catchy and now I remember why I bought "Fearless" a few years ago. Maybe I have to go back and listen to the album again.

And I agree, "You Belong With Me" is THE Taylor Swift song for me (as well as "Love Story") and that's how I got to know her. And I am super glad that I watched the music video again after reading your comment because now I know where one of the "Look What You Made Me Do" Taylors originally comes from :D
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:17 pm

"Mary's Song (Oh My My My)" is my second favourite song from her debut album. When I'll be 87, you'll be 89, I'll still look at you like the stars that shine, in the sky... :cry: :cry: :cry:

"You're Not Sorry" is clearly Taylor Swift in the youth of her songwriting career. It's juvenile, but I suppose relatable for many.

"Holy Ground" is a bit meh for me. I've always liked "Haunted," though. I like its darker sound.

luckyONE wrote:[b]how could anyone not love this emotion-filled song`? it's such a good song for chilled sundays on your couch, listening to it on your headphones.
I'm not sure; ask my ears. :lol:
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby luckyONE » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:56 pm

JSparksFan wrote:"Mary's Song (Oh My My My)" is my second favourite song from her debut album. When I'll be 87, you'll be 89, I'll still look at you like the stars that shine, in the sky... :cry: :cry: :cry:

"You're Not Sorry" is clearly Taylor Swift in the youth of her songwriting career. It's juvenile, but I suppose relatable for many.

"Holy Ground" is a bit meh for me. I've always liked "Haunted," though. I like its darker sound.

luckyONE wrote:[b]how could anyone not love this emotion-filled song`? it's such a good song for chilled sundays on your couch, listening to it on your headphones.
I'm not sure; ask my ears. :lol:
love your Top 2 from "Taylor Swift". I think it's a little bit underrated, but i like the album a lot (i wouldn't even rank it as her worst album!).
I love the lyrics you quoted!

Wait! :o Does that mean you don't like "This Love"? :o :o :o
When I was in Rhodes for vacation it was my favorite song (along "The Best Day") to listen to while relaxing at the beach! :lol:
luckyONE
Superstar

Postby luckyONE » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:58 pm

Mainshow wrote:OMG! "You're Not Sorry" is pretty good and "You Belong With Me" is super catchy and now I remember why I bought "Fearless" a few years ago. Maybe I have to go back and listen to the album again.

And I agree, "You Belong With Me" is THE Taylor Swift song for me (as well as "Love Story") and that's how I got to know her. And I am super glad that I watched the music video again after reading your comment because now I know where one of the "Look What You Made Me Do" Taylors originally comes from :D
yeah "Young Belong With Me" is such a huge song!
i loved those old Taylors in the LWYMMD video! :lol: Speak Now era Swift was my fav, though. 8-)
luckyONE
Superstar

Return to Personal Charts