My fav TAYLOR SWIFT songs - begin(ning) again - or the end?

Moderators: tdc2000, FreakyFlyBry

 

Postby luckyONE » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:59 pm

BlankSpace wrote: MARY'S SONG (OH MY MY MY)
cutest track of the album
THIS LOVE
"Your kiss, my cheek, I watched you leave
Your smile, my ghost, I fell to my knees
When you're young you just run
But you come back to what you need"
can't describe how much I love this song
YOU'RE NOT SORRY
one of the best song on the album
nd just like most of her songs TOTALLY RELATABLE
HOLY GROUND
not my cup of tea
This along with Starlight are my least fave from her.
I don't think i have listened to both of them more than 3-4 times,
HAUNTED
amazing although i prefer the Acoustic version
but just like many of SPEAK NOW tracks simply amaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazzzzing
Speak Now is maybe my favorite album by her. Not entirely sure, though.
:o @ your comment on Holy Ground. And Starlight! :o but taste differs and she has such a versatile discography so it's understandable why people like different songs from her! :)
User avatar
luckyONE
Superstar
 
Posts: 7207
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012
Location: Germany

Postby luckyONE » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:02 pm

    #31
    COLD AS YOU
    album: TAYLOR SWIFT




    honestly, i think lyrically this is one of the strongest on her debut album. i just have to think of my 15 year old self - i never could have written such emotional song lyrics!
    i fell in love with this song when i was driving home one day and there was a lot of traffic. somehow it was the best song to listen to in that situation. :lol:


User avatar
luckyONE
Superstar
 
Posts: 7207
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012
Location: Germany

Postby luckyONE » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:05 pm

    #30
    THE MOMENT I KNEW
    album: RED (deluxe)



    my favorite deluxe track off "RED" (however not my all time favorite deluxe track by Taylor!). have i ever mentioned how much i love her ability to write such true-to-life songs??? :lol:
    i mean
    "What do you say
    When tears are streaming down your face
    In front of everyone you know?
    And what do you do when the one
    Who means the most to you
    Is the one who didn't show?"

    coupled with her strong emotional voice is sometimes the only thing i really need.

User avatar
luckyONE
Superstar
 
Posts: 7207
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012
Location: Germany

Postby JSparksFan » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:40 am

"Cold as You" is good, but I don't think it's aged well.

"The Moment I Knew" is brilliant, and, interestingly enough, was relatable for me shortly after its parent album's release. Taylor creates a powerful visual with the lyrics, and I wish it were released as a single. I believe it could have been a huge hit.
"You think your pain and your heartbreak are unprecedented in the history of the world, but then you read." - James Baldwin
User avatar
JSparksFan
Legend
 
Posts: 44639
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009
Location: Bahamas

Postby Mainshow » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:45 pm

I just listened to the two tracks for the very first time.

"Cold as You" is not my cup of tea at all and I didn't make it til the end, tbh,

but "The Moment I Knew" is pretty amazing. :o - Her eyes really shines on most of her stripped-down songs but the chorus gets quite girl-y/Taylor-esque again but I love the epic production of its arrangement (followed by the fragile strings in the end) and I like the images used in the track. Thanks for introducing this track to me.
#TeamTargaryen
User avatar
Mainshow
Legend
 
Posts: 12708
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2012
Location: Germany

Postby luckyONE » Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:14 am

JSparksFan wrote:"Cold as You" is good, but I don't think it's aged well.

"The Moment I Knew" is brilliant, and, interestingly enough, was relatable for me shortly after its parent album's release. Taylor creates a powerful visual with the lyrics, and I wish it were released as a single. I believe it could have been a huge hit.
Really? :o Whilst I think it probably wouldn't be a type of song that you'd release in 2017, I still think it's sounds pretty "fresh" compared to songs that were released around the same time.

Oh! :o Sorry to hear that, but it's just another proof for me that Taylor does not only write songs that are true-to-life in my opinion. It definitely would have made a great single!
User avatar
luckyONE
Superstar
 
Posts: 7207
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012
Location: Germany

Postby luckyONE » Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:16 am

Mainshow wrote:I just listened to the two tracks for the very first time.

"Cold as You" is not my cup of tea at all and I didn't make it til the end, tbh,

but "The Moment I Knew" is pretty amazing. :o - Her eyes really shines on most of her stripped-down songs but the chorus gets quite girl-y/Taylor-esque again but I love the epic production of its arrangement (followed by the fragile strings in the end) and I like the images used in the track. Thanks for introducing this track to me.
Aww. :( I think it's a brilliant song from her overlooked debut album. Probably my favorite non-single from it. I didn't care for the song a long time but then there was this moment I fell in love with it.

glad you like "The Moment I Knew". 8-)
User avatar
luckyONE
Superstar
 
Posts: 7207
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012
Location: Germany

Postby luckyONE » Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:22 am

    #29
    WHITE HORSE
    album: FEARLESS




    This is probably one of her most emotional songs ever and I love listening to this song on rainy days especially. The music video is one of my favorite music videos by her, love her emotions here! There is not that much happening actually, but it's a beautiful music video. Though looking back, I'm surprised this was the second single and not "You Belong With Me". However, I'm glad it was a single afterall! :)
User avatar
luckyONE
Superstar
 
Posts: 7207
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012
Location: Germany

Postby luckyONE » Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:26 am

    #28
    BACK TO DECEMBER
    album: SPEAK NOW




    Can I just emphasize on how much I LOVE the Speak Now era? Everything was on point that era. "Back To December" was the second single from the album.
    Some people say this song is about revenge on her exes. Others, me included, think this song is an apology to one of her exes and that she regrets her behaviour. I love this cute and romantic side of Taylor tbh.
    The live version from the Speak Now World Tour, a medley with "You're Not Sorry" and "Apologize" by OneRepublic is one of her finest live versions EVER imo.
User avatar
luckyONE
Superstar
 
Posts: 7207
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012
Location: Germany

Postby BlankSpace » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:54 am

COLD AS YOU : Amazing Song one of my fav from her
btw it turns 11 today as her debut album was released 11 years ago Today
THE MOMENT I KNEW : Not into it but its good
WHITE HORSE : the emotions she puts into her songs makes it so relatabl.. i really liked it when it was released but haven't heard it in ages..
BACK TO DECEMBER : one of the best song lyrically.. everything about it is amazing from song to Video
nd if you watch behind the scene of this video you'll know some deep things about the music video you never noticed..

PS : Speak Now, Red nd 1989 are also Turing 7, 5 nd 3 this week
Grammy for the Album of the Year goes to BEYONCÉ
.
.
.
and now you should probably wake up
Good Morning
User avatar
BlankSpace
Manager
 
Posts: 1883
Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2014

Postby luckyONE » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:02 pm

BlankSpace wrote: COLD AS YOU : Amazing Song one of my fav from her
btw it turns 11 today as her debut album was released 11 years ago Today
THE MOMENT I KNEW : Not into it but its good
WHITE HORSE : the emotions she puts into her songs makes it so relatabl.. i really liked it when it was released but haven't heard it in ages..
BACK TO DECEMBER : one of the best song lyrically.. everything about it is amazing from song to Video
nd if you watch behind the scene of this video you'll know some deep things about the music video you never noticed..

PS : Speak Now, Red nd 1989 are also Turing 7, 5 nd 3 this week
i need to watch more Taylor videos on You'Tube, unfortunately not really into it anymore ( i think i've grown older and i am not into being a "hardcore" fan anymore)
User avatar
luckyONE
Superstar
 
Posts: 7207
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012
Location: Germany

Postby luckyONE » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:05 pm

    #27
    THE LAST TIME featuring GARY LIGHTYBODY
    album: RED




    i love this song because their voices fit together very well and puts the emotion of it on an amazing level. i don't think it's a single worthy song, but not meant in a negative way. it's just not a song i'd ever consider a single if i listened to the album and had to guess the singles.
User avatar
luckyONE
Superstar
 
Posts: 7207
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012
Location: Germany

Postby luckyONE » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:07 pm

    #26
    FIFTEEN
    album: FEARLESS



    just like i said in my opening post, i wish i already was into her when i was fifteen (which would have been during the "fearless" era). "fifteen" is definitely one of the strongest songs on her grammy award winning sophomore album. i love how she sings about a true-to-life experience that she and her best friend had and having seen Abigail getting married a few weeks ago is somehow funny. one of her highlights!
User avatar
luckyONE
Superstar
 
Posts: 7207
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012
Location: Germany

Postby BlankSpace » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:01 pm

luckyONE wrote:i need to watch more Taylor videos on You'Tube, unfortunately not really into it anymore ( i think i've grown older and i am not into being a "hardcore" fan anymore)
i feel the same way
not that i don't like her new stuff but im definitely losing touch and i don't even know why
Grammy for the Album of the Year goes to BEYONCÉ
.
.
.
and now you should probably wake up
Good Morning
User avatar
BlankSpace
Manager
 
Posts: 1883
Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2014

Postby BlankSpace » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:04 pm

The Last Time is so underrated. love it
Fifteen is also good but i don't listen to it anymore more+cant relate anymore because im 23 :lol:
Grammy for the Album of the Year goes to BEYONCÉ
.
.
.
and now you should probably wake up
Good Morning
User avatar
BlankSpace
Manager
 
Posts: 1883
Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2014

Postby luckyONE » Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:45 pm

BlankSpace wrote:The Last Time is so underrated. love it
Fifteen is also good but i don't listen to it anymore more+cant relate anymore because im 23 :lol:
:lol: would be nice if she brings it back someday to the stage, though. i love the song a lot, it used to be one of my top 3 songs from 'FEARLESS'.

BlankSpace wrote:
luckyONE wrote:i need to watch more Taylor videos on You'Tube, unfortunately not really into it anymore ( i think i've grown older and i am not into being a "hardcore" fan anymore)
i feel the same way
not that i don't like her new stuff but im definitely losing touch and i don't even know why
i am really into the new era.
pre-ordered the special editions vol. 1 and vol. 2
bought the cd single of LWYMMD
will buy the standard edition of the album on its release day + the vinyl someday
hope she tours germany again!
User avatar
luckyONE
Superstar
 
Posts: 7207
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012
Location: Germany

Postby luckyONE » Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:54 pm

    #25
    STARLIGHT
    album: RED




    i am excited to post this position because I remember BlankSpace's comment on this :lol: however, i think it is a single-worthy song (and definitely should have been a single IMHO, instead of THE LAST TIME). i think the song has great hit potential. i remember the day i fell in love with this song. it was a winter day (sunday) and i was on public transport and the song came on shuffle (for the first time i listened to it on headphones) and it was an amazing experience.
User avatar
luckyONE
Superstar
 
Posts: 7207
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012
Location: Germany

Postby luckyONE » Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:58 pm

    #24
    BETTER THAN REVENGE
    album: SPEAK NOW




    to be honest, i consider this song "look what you made me do part 1". both songs fit perfectly together and i hope she brings this back on the reputation world tour.
    i love this song a lot, a great work out song, too!
User avatar
luckyONE
Superstar
 
Posts: 7207
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012
Location: Germany

Postby luckyONE » Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:00 pm

    #23
    MEAN
    album: SPEAK NOW




    taken from her record breaking third album "speak now", "mean" is the first music video by taylor that i watched in full. i love the video and the song is amazing, too. probably one of her "most country sounding" song. the "why you gotta be so mean" line is addictive.
User avatar
luckyONE
Superstar
 
Posts: 7207
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012
Location: Germany

Postby luckyONE » Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:03 pm

    #22
    22
    album: RED




    no, it's not on purpose that i placed a track called "22" at #22. :lol: "22" was one of the very first songs from "RED" that i could relate to.
    i bought "red" about two months before my 22nd birthday, however it wasn't until one day before my 22nd birthday that i listened to the song again and again. this was probably also the start of my fandom for Taylor.
User avatar
luckyONE
Superstar
 
Posts: 7207
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012
Location: Germany

Postby JSparksFan » Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:52 pm

"White Horse" is decent. I remember really liking it back in the day, but it hasn't aged as well as some of its Fearless sister tracks.

Yeah, "Back to December" is allegedly about Taylor Lautner, though many note it as one of the few - if not only - songs that has a more, as you put it, apologetic/regretful tone. It's a great song, but it pales in comparison to most of the other songs on Speak Now.

"The Last Time" is so underrated! I always thought the chorus was beautiful.

OMG, "Fifteen" takes me back to the days where I would spend a solid hour on the VMA Top 20 website on Friday evenings to ensure my faves - Taylor included - ranked high on the Top 20 countdown the following morning.

"Starlight" bursts at the seams with optimism and youthful naiveté. It is one of her best songs ever! Glad you have it fairly high.

If I remember correctly, when I did my T-Swizzle countdown quite a few years back, "Better Than Revenge" was my #3, which shows how obsessed I was with it at one point in time. I don't love quite as much now, but it is another one of those stellar album tracks of hers that gets overlooked.

"Mean" is nice, but I never backed the decision to release it as a single.

"22" is appropriately ranked. :lol: It's not anything special, really, but the chorus is totes catchy, if not a bit ridiculously written, as Paul pointed out the other day. :lol:
"You think your pain and your heartbreak are unprecedented in the history of the world, but then you read." - James Baldwin
User avatar
JSparksFan
Legend
 
Posts: 44639
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009
Location: Bahamas

Postby Mainshow » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:24 pm

What a lovely coincidence that "22" is your #22. The song is one of the few tracks I know from the latest bunch of songs and I have always liked it. I'm glad it's that high on your countdown! It should have been a proper single, though! - OMG, I had no clue that song had a music video?! Oo

"Mean" is brilliant!!!! This is like a country masterpiece without being totally cheesy. It's quite catchy and totally cute & loveable! One of the best songs by Taylor Swift I have ever heard! Thanks for introducing the track to me! The music video was also very entertaining to watch and Taylor looks absolutely flawless!I think I have never seen her that pretty before (VMAs 08 were amazing as well, though)

"Better Than Revenge" sounds like Avril, ewww. Horrible track :D

"Back To December" is another great track as well! - I can't believe that I am saying this but I think I was so wrong about Taylor all the time.
Don't get me wrong, I still don't love her and I am not sure whether I should buy her older albums but I am really becoming a fan of her soft and romantic or cute tracks. "Mean" and "Back To December" are phenomenal!
#TeamTargaryen
User avatar
Mainshow
Legend
 
Posts: 12708
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2012
Location: Germany

Postby luckyONE » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:35 pm

JSparksFan wrote:"White Horse" is decent. I remember really liking it back in the day, but it hasn't aged as well as some of its Fearless sister tracks.

Yeah, "Back to December" is allegedly about Taylor Lautner, though many note it as one of the few - if not only - songs that has a more, as you put it, apologetic/regretful tone. It's a great song, but it pales in comparison to most of the other songs on Speak Now.

"The Last Time" is so underrated! I always thought the chorus was beautiful.

OMG, "Fifteen" takes me back to the days where I would spend a solid hour on the VMA Top 20 website on Friday evenings to ensure my faves - Taylor included - ranked high on the Top 20 countdown the following morning.

"Starlight" bursts at the seams with optimism and youthful naiveté. It is one of her best songs ever! Glad you have it fairly high.

If I remember correctly, when I did my T-Swizzle countdown quite a few years back, "Better Than Revenge" was my #3, which shows how obsessed I was with it at one point in time. I don't love quite as much now, but it is another one of those stellar album tracks of hers that gets overlooked.

"Mean" is nice, but I never backed the decision to release it as a single.

"22" is appropriately ranked. :lol: It's not anything special, really, but the chorus is totes catchy, if not a bit ridiculously written, as Paul pointed out the other day. :lol:
when i listened to "Speak Now" for the first few times, i was actually surprised "Back To December" was chosen as a single over certain other songs from the record - however looking back, i think it definitely deserved its single treatment!

that's a nice rank for "Better Than Revenge", definitely a great tune. 8-)
User avatar
luckyONE
Superstar
 
Posts: 7207
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012
Location: Germany

Postby luckyONE » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:38 pm

Mainshow wrote:What a lovely coincidence that "22" is your #22. The song is one of the few tracks I know from the latest bunch of songs and I have always liked it. I'm glad it's that high on your countdown! It should have been a proper single, though! - OMG, I had no clue that song had a music video?! Oo

"Mean" is brilliant!!!! This is like a country masterpiece without being totally cheesy. It's quite catchy and totally cute & loveable! One of the best songs by Taylor Swift I have ever heard! Thanks for introducing the track to me! The music video was also very entertaining to watch and Taylor looks absolutely flawless!I think I have never seen her that pretty before (VMAs 08 were amazing as well, though)

"Better Than Revenge" sounds like Avril, ewww. Horrible track :D

"Back To December" is another great track as well! - I can't believe that I am saying this but I think I was so wrong about Taylor all the time.
Don't get me wrong, I still don't love her and I am not sure whether I should buy her older albums but I am really becoming a fan of her soft and romantic or cute tracks. "Mean" and "Back To December" are phenomenal!
"Mean" was one of the first Taylor songs that I knew and truly adored (before I became THE Ultimate stan of Germany 8-) :lol: ). she does look absolutely beautiful indeed, i think the "speak now" era is definitely her finest era when it comes to looks.

WHAT?! :o :lol: Avril WISHES she had an amazing tune like "Better Than Revenge" in her discography. :P Somehow I wish she'd include this on the next tour - maybe even only as an interlude or just a few lines from it. I think it perfectly fits to "Look What You Made Me Do" - and the line "maybe i got mine (karma), but y'all get yours too". :lol:

funny to read that, because that reminds me of myself. when i discovered her discography, i was surprisewd how many QUALITY tracks she actually has! and her romantic/soft´/break up songs are her best IMO!
User avatar
luckyONE
Superstar
 
Posts: 7207
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012
Location: Germany

Postby luckyONE » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:41 pm

    #21
    RED
    album: RED




    "RED" deserved a proper music video! :cry: (and the "RED TOUR" deserved an official live recording).
    "RED" is a lovely country song and i included it on my "running" playlist. it's such a great song to run to (and to dance to, too!)
User avatar
luckyONE
Superstar
 
Posts: 7207
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012
Location: Germany

Return to Personal Charts