Mainshow Goes Diva: Katy Perry (#4)

Moderators: tdc2000, FreakyFlyBry

Postby Mainshow » Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:57 pm

And here it comes: Another flop thread by Mainshow

Since I miserably flopped at keeping on updating my personal charts for months/years now, I thought that presenting my Top 10 singles by all the pop divas and pop princesses and queens out there and share them with you, would be a great idea (and less time-consuming & difficult to do so #lazyfanboy).

If you prefer male artists, you are welcome to check out my other thread: "Mainshow Goes Dicks" presenting my personal Top 10s of male acts ;)
Last edited by Mainshow on Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:18 pm, edited 38 times in total.
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Postby Mainshow » Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:58 pm

A - I

Anastacia (#2)
#1"Left Outside Alone" || #2 "Sick And Tired" || #3 "Staring At The Sun" || #4 "Stupid Little Things" || #5 "I'm Outta Love" ||
#6 "Pieces Of A Dream" || #7 "Lifeline" || #8 "Caught In The Middle" || #9 "Paid My Dues" || #10 "Not That Kind"

Christina Aguilera (#1)
#1"We Remain" || #2 "Hurt" || #3 "Genie In A Bottle" || #4 "Not Myself Tonight" || #5 "You Lost Me" ||
#6 "Dirrty" || #7 "Oh Mother" || #8 "Can't Hold Us Down" || #9 "The Voice Within" || #10 "Fighter"
Last edited by Mainshow on Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:25 pm, edited 7 times in total.
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Postby Mainshow » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:00 pm

J - Q

Katy Perry (#5)
Last edited by Mainshow on Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:57 am, edited 3 times in total.
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Postby Mainshow » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:02 pm

Last edited by Mainshow on Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:46 pm, edited 8 times in total.
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Postby KokoCollino » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:13 pm

THRILLED
I'll find my way home
KokoCollino
Manager

Postby Mainshow » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:18 pm

original image taken from: http://www.f-covers.com/facebook-cover/ ... understand

Mainshow goes Diva: CHRISTINA AGUILERA

I would like to kick off this series with an artist who has had a massive success during her active career days but isn't currently releasing new music which would give the whole thing a more 'timeless' feeling. It's shocking that Christina Aguilera's last album was released 5 years ago! - Anyway, undeniably, her talent speaks for itself and her voice is absolutely stunning. No one can belt harder than Xtina! She clearly had her fair amount of hits and beautiful ballads, so that making a Top 10 would probably be harder than expected. Also, she's #19 on my Last.fm alltime list (1,749 scrobbles/plays) making her the 11th highest female solo artist on my charts ;) - I'm excited :)
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Postby Mainshow » Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:21 am

#10: "Fighter" (2003)

I'll start the Christina Aguilera Singles Countdown with the third single taken from her highly critically acclaimed album "Stripped"

"Fighter"must be her rockiest track to date and even though, I'm not a huge fan of rock/pop hyprid tracks, I have to admit that this song is almost flawless. I love its empowering lyrics and the undeniably catchy chorus. Instead of playing the victim, Christina found her strength and created this fearless masterpiece. The bridge gets me every time (it's so playful and mysterious before bursting into a Christina-esque beltingfest :lol: ).

When I was a kid, I loved to watch its music video every time when it was on TV. I love its dark theme and how Christina has been portrayed as a real fighter or a moth; in fact, if we take that into account, she's the REAL Mother Monster xD
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Postby leomedar » Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:33 am

Interesting start! Liked the photo you chose and Fighter is one of her best songs&videos
leomedar
Superstar

Postby JSparksFan » Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:24 am

"Fighter" is my favourite Christina Aguilera song, and among my Top 10 favourite songs of all-time.
"You think your pain and your heartbreak are unprecedented in the history of the world, but then you read." - James Baldwin
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby luckyONE » Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:44 am

she totally lost me with the BIONIC era, but everything that came before that mess of an era is good.
"Fighter" however has never been one of my favorites, still a good track ofc. :)
luckyONE
Superstar

Postby Carbon » Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:11 am

Most of her biggest hits annoy me today, but this one is great! And her best video
Ја кријам главата под шалот.
Само на веѓите ми се гледа
дека мислам на тебе.

last.fm
Carbon
Legend

Postby Benjamin » Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:13 am

The video for this is so amazing. It's dark and moody and fits the song.
I love it.
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby Nippian93 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:17 am

One of my favourites.
❤Whitney Houston
Nippian93
Legend

Postby GetBack » Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:46 am

I adore this song, too bad it's quite an underrated track. i can't believe it didn't garner her a Best Female Rock Vocal Performance at least! :-? :-?
GetBack
Legend

Postby Erotica » Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:55 am

Good idea :) and a nice start, Fighter is one of my favourite Christina songs too
I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?
Erotica
Legend

Postby stevyy » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:13 am

I despise X-Tina fans. You know the kind who would bash other artists because X-Tina started so many feuds with artists.

Anyway, I loved her when she debuted. I loved her much much much more than Britney. However, she developed a very unlikeable personality.

I despise the Stripped album. Her best album remains B2B, followed by Bionic. So you better not place Beautiful too highly, but shine some light on her truly epic tracks.

Miss X-Tine ranks #145 on my alltime LastFM Chart. :D
stevyy
Legend

Postby Leychen » Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:39 am

Fighter is an amazing video and song. I remember watching it for the first time when I was younger, I was just staring at her thinking "wow".
visually stunning :D
I was so blind, I could not see | Your paradise is not for me |Last.fm
Leychen
Roadie

Postby Mainshow » Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:14 am

Thank you so much for your comments! I hope you'll stick around even when my flop taste will kick in ;)

leomedar wrote:Interesting start! Liked the photo you chose and Fighter is one of her best songs&videos
Thank you! I'm glad you like the idea of starting with Christina Aguilera. Actually, doing this "Mainshow Goes Diva" topic reminds me how much I like some songs by Christina. + obviously agree on what you said about "Fighter".

JSparksFan wrote:"Fighter" is my favourite Christina Aguilera song, and among my Top 10 favourite songs of all-time.
:o Wow! I know that you love empowering songs but this is part of your all-time Top 10 of all songs out there? That's impressive! - I really hope you'll still like some songs of the rest of the countdown (I mean, your favourite song's already fallen).

luckyONE wrote:she totally lost me with the BIONIC era, but everything that came before that mess of an era is good.
"Fighter" however has never been one of my favorites, still a good track ofc. :)
Oh really? - "Bionic" was the first album by Christina I bought at its day of release (I bought "Stripped" and "Back to Basics" after "Bionic" and the Greatest Hits album purchased for 2€ one month after its release doesn't really count). But I can understand you. She started to be a bit a non-event with this era, sadly.
But since you seem to like her and "Fighter" seems not be one of your favourites, you may like the rest of my Top 10 ;)

Carbon wrote:Most of her biggest hits annoy me today, but this one is great! And her best video
Oh, since it's a Singles Countdown, I hope that I will not annoy you too much :oops: Some hits will definitely appear on my Top 10; but I am glad you like "Fighter"! ;)

Benjamin wrote:The video for this is so amazing. It's dark and moody and fits the song.
I love it.
Totally agree! I think it's my favourite music video by Christina!

Nippian93 wrote:One of my favourites.
Yes! <3

GetBack wrote:I adore this song, too bad it's quite an underrated track. i can't believe it didn't garner her a Best Female Rock Vocal Performance at least! :-? :-?
That would have been totally justified!

Erotica wrote:Good idea :) and a nice start, Fighter is one of my favourite Christina songs too
Thanks! I am glad you like that idea! - Compiling charts and coming up with long and time-consuming coutndowns is something I can't keep on doing, so I thought this would be something which may come across interesting and which I am passionate about. Glad you like it and the song, of course, too!

stevyy wrote:I despise X-Tina fans. You know the kind who would bash other artists because X-Tina started so many feuds with artists.

Anyway, I loved her when she debuted. I loved her much much much more than Britney. However, she developed a very unlikeable personality.

I despise the Stripped album. Her best album remains B2B, followed by Bionic. So you better not place Beautiful too highly, but shine some light on her truly epic tracks.

Miss X-Tine ranks #145 on my alltime LastFM Chart. :D
Oh, harsh words :lol: :D - As a huge Britney fan, you might know how I feel about it anyway but after some years, I have learnt to put such stan wars aside and I know some Christina fans who are really great and not like that at all ;)

Wow, I did not know where are people hating so much on "Stripped" exist :D - I hope I will not disappoint you too much & that you'll stick around ;)
#145 isn't that bad on your very busy LastFM chart. How many plays does she have?

Leychen wrote:Fighter is an amazing video and song. I remember watching it for the first time when I was younger, I was just staring at her thinking "wow".
visually stunning :D
Completely agree! It's her best music video to date (or ever, I don't know how many videos will still follow). It's art!
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Postby stevyy » Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:41 am

Christina ranks 145th overall artist, but she is the 41st best played female artist. (Britney is 21st).

and yes, in my top 150 artists of all times, there are only 42 female solo artists. It's a Man's world, baby.
stevyy
Legend

Postby Mainshow » Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:12 pm

#9: "The Voice Within" (2003)

After "Fighter" another single taken from "Stripped" made it on my Top 10.
I can only describe "The Voice Within" as beautiful in so many ways. Again, the lyrics are empowering and very inspirational (One should listen to one's inner voice, one's heart and mind to find one's own strength) and the simplicity of the music video emphasis this core message of the song. I love it that it's black/white and that it was shot in one single shot! Melodically, the song is quite interesting as well and the softer and more "fragile" side suits Christina quite well but of course, her going all in and being vocally impressive and strong in the second half of the song, is flawless as well! - What a track!
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Postby luckyONE » Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:14 pm

The Voice Within was probably the first Xtina song I ever heard - or at least the one that I remember. It was included on some "Best Of 2003" compilation album and is definitely one of her finest moments ever. Glad to see it made your Top 10 - I like the video, too. Especially her look is great!
luckyONE
Superstar

Postby Erotica » Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:16 pm

After one of her strongest songs one of the weakest ones follows :lol: I did not like The voice within at all and still don't like it. It's the only bad single from Stripped though, the others are really good
I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?
Erotica
Legend

Postby Wayne » Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:24 pm

Two very good and very different Christina ballads that deliver a similar message - this is when she's at her best.
Wayne
Administrator

Postby Mainshow » Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:26 pm

#8: "Can't Hold Us Down" (2003)

If we continue that way, this Top 10 will be a countdown of empowering anthems :lol: - "Can't Hold Us Down" is one of those iconic protest songs addressing feminist issues.
Christina is clearly going deep with this track and levelling criticism on double standards in society dominated by men stating women should have a strong opinion and make them heard & more importantely, be heard! She continues addressing the double standards when it comes to sexuality (Most iconic line: ""if the girl do the same and then she's a whore"). I highly respect Christina for addressing these things because even though the world has made progress, I think that this is still a problem of today's societies. This track deserves more recognition.
Also, the RnB/Hip-Hop crossover surprisingly suits Christina very well
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Postby luckyONE » Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:31 pm

this is such an amazing song - and the video is so fierce! such a great mood and video set. one of her very best for sure!
luckyONE
Superstar

Return to Personal Charts