Mainshow Goes Diva: Katy Perry (#4)

Moderators: tdc2000, FreakyFlyBry

Postby Mainshow » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:47 pm

original image taken from: https://i.pinimg.com/originals/5f/15/0b ... 782bc5.jpg

Mainshow goes Diva: t.A.T.u.

After presenting my Top 10s of three female artists, I thought that it's time I went for more than one diva at the same time. Actually, it was my intention to present and introduce some singles by one of the most successful German girl groups but sadly, I couldn't find almost half of the original music videos on Youtube, so I decided to wait a bit and try something else: t.A.T.u.
Most people will hopefully remember this interesting pop duo of the early 00s and if not, I hope that I can introduce a few great tracks to you since t.A.T.u. has been - without doubts - one of the most brilliant pop duos in the pop industry. Most of their music videos are thought-provoking and dealt with several issues of modern societies. The duo reached international success and fame due to their brilliant "debut" single "All The Things She Said" and their staged/fake homosexuality (they introduced themselves as being a couple but later they admitted it was just PR). - During their career, they had to face a lot of criticism based on their image and artistry alone. They got booed at the Eurovision Song Contest 2003 when they represented Russia, BBC tried to ban their music videos and Yulia's abortion has well as their fake relationship backfired. Anyway, I have always admired those girls for going their way and provoke in every way possible.
Hopefully, I will not get banned for posting any of their music videos but in a world of Game of Thrones, I hope that we can live without NSFW hashtags and any reports ;)
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Postby Mainshow » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:59 pm

#10: "30 Minut" (2001)

I'd like to kick off the t.A.T.u. edition of Mainshow Goes Diva with a track which is quite different to the band's discography. Instead of serving another catchy pop anthem, t.A.T.u. served some calmness with "30 минут" which I personally consider to be one of their best tracks performed in their native tongue. I love the tiny New Age influences and the piano.
The music video is brilliant and if you haven't watched it, you should give it a try. I mean, it's a pop band doing such stuff back in 2001.
When did your fave build a bomb on their own to blow up a whole carrousel at a funfair to get revenge on her love interest? #kweens
You can watch the music video accompanied with the English version of the song as well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j907ben5Xm8
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Postby Mainshow » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:08 pm

#9: "Lyudi Invalidi" (2005)

"Lyudi Invalidi" means something like 'disabled people' in English. The song got released as the official lead single of the band's second Russian album. Strangely,
the song had been recorded in English as "Dangerous and Moving" and had been chosen to be album title's but the song had never been released as a single for the English markets. Maybe the music video was too provocative at that time? - You will find t.A.T.u. walking through a club in which they will face 'disabled people' not being able to find real love; instead, they are celebrating themselves having a huge orgy with strangers (that's what the title is aiming at). Personally, I think it's huge that t.A.T.u.'s didn't face much censorship back in Russia since you will find same-sex "couples" kissing and touching each other. Compared to the situation nowadays, it seems that the industry as well as some people were more open-minded 10 years ago. - Anyway, it's a brilliant piece of work and you should not miss it ;)
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Postby Leychen » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:27 pm

How old are these songs and the videos? The quality is awful, almost 90s ish haha
good thing to see some t.AT.u love though :)
I was so blind, I could not see | Your paradise is not for me |Last.fm
Leychen
Roadie

Postby JakeP » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:08 pm

Oh i really don't know much about t.A.T.u aside from their big breakthrough single and their Eurovision song contest track. :oops:
JakeP
Manager

Postby Erotica » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:12 pm

Interesting choice :) I think Tatu are great and I love them, but I have to admit I only listen to their English songs and albums cause I prefer them over the Russian ones honestly. The Russian language doesn't make these songs much worse though like the ones you posted, I just prefer listening to the English version

30 Minutes is a nice song, but not among my favourites, but it has something magical in the melody
Dangerous and moving is a good song too :) both are not my most listened on these albums though, but they don't have many bad songs in general
I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?
Erotica
Legend

Postby stevyy » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:08 pm

I actually own 2 albums by them. I cannot recall either song tho... i only know the one everyone knows. :lol:
stevyy
Legend

Postby Fan » Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:41 am

Mainshow wrote:Hehe, yeah, my mother is pretty cool. She always attended concerts by Iron Maiden and Pink Floyd's Roger Waters & David Gilmour. She's also the reason why I am an avid fan of Eurovision since she treated it as a family tradition since I was a toddler and we attended concerts by Within Temptation, Nightwish together (and she sometimes "borrows" my CDs haha). - Actually, I introduced her to Hurts because I bought "Happiness" because I heard that a Kylie collaboration can be found on the album and I was totally into her music around that time. Anyway, we both ended up loving the album but when "Exile"had been released, I didn't like the album as much as the first one but my mother loved them even more and that's how she ended up asking me about that concert. So, we saw them live on their Exile tour.

I am glad you have found someone liking them so that you can finally see them live. Usually, it's better to attend concerts together with other people ;)

I am sorry about my harsh words on "We Found Love". I think it's the same situation with "Work Bitch" when I talk with other fans of Britney. Most of the ga..uys love it to death and think it's an anthem or so but I think it's the only bad single she has ever released. I think we have to agree to disagree then :D - But... to ease your pain a bit ( :lol: ) I absolutely adore the music video as well. So (from my perspective) the release was not completely pointless :D

Oh really? - "Russian Roulette" (unlike "Man Down") was incredibly huge here in Germany like even people of casting formats performed the song and it even hit #1 on our single charts. So I actually didn't like it at first because it was heavily overplayed but now I love it. I wish it had made my Top 10 but I just love the other tracks a bit more.

Thanks for your comment ;)
Haha, that is such a cool story!! It's always nice when you can share your love of music with your parents and you mum seems to have quite an interesting music taste. I once went to see Kylie with my dad :lol: It was when I was a lot younger and none of my friends were into Kylie around that time. My dad must have been the only straight guy there :lol:
Happiness is still their best record <3 But surprised to read you didn't like Exile at first, I always loved that record as well. The singles, especially, are sublime.

Me too! I have never attented a concert by myself, would like that too much, so I am glad Jeroen is a Hurts fan as well!

Hahahaha- well I can totally get you about Work Bitch. I thought I was the only ga.. uy (as you so nicely put it) that didn't like it. It's mostly a bunch of noise. I mean, I can appreciate it when I am in a club or something but it's definitely not a song I would put on.

It did? Russian Roulette always seemed like such an underrated track, never knew it was that big over there. Good to know.

t.A.T.u. was definitely not the girlgroup I was expecting, so nice surprise. I did like them quite a lot. Although I have always wondered about their "relationship", was it pure a PR stunt sell more records or did it kind of have some sort of protest against homphobia in it as well?
I wasn't aware of both Russian tracks, Lyudi Invalidi is quite nice and very risky video! It would probably have been banned here in Europe, and I can imagine them getting arrested in Russia if they released something like that in 2017. Sad times!
i wanna see you on your knees, wanna see you begging
Fan
Legend

Postby Carbon » Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:57 am

Didn't wanna comment on the Rihanna list because i disagree with almost everythring :lol:

Tatu are great, and 30 Minutes is brilliant, even in English. The music vid is especially good
Ја кријам главата под шалот.
Само на веѓите ми се гледа
дека мислам на тебе.

last.fm
Carbon
Legend

Postby Mainshow » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:43 pm

Leychen wrote:How old are these songs and the videos? The quality is awful, almost 90s ish haha
good thing to see some t.AT.u love though :)
Actually, the songs are as old as I have labelled them :oops: (so 2001+2005) but I can totally understand your comment. I guess, music videos looked a bit different in Russia 16 years ago than in the US/Central Europe and maybe some of the quality got messed up because of youtube.

I am glad you like some t.A.T.u, though. I hope you will stick with us and enjoy a track or two ;)

JakeP wrote:Oh i really don't know much about t.A.T.u aside from their big breakthrough single and their Eurovision song contest track. :oops:
Oh, I really hope you may discover a gem or two thanks to my countdown. I don't want to sound arrogant but my Top 6 is divine ;)

Erotica wrote:Interesting choice :) I think Tatu are great and I love them, but I have to admit I only listen to their English songs and albums cause I prefer them over the Russian ones honestly. The Russian language doesn't make these songs much worse though like the ones you posted, I just prefer listening to the English version

30 Minutes is a nice song, but not among my favourites, but it has something magical in the melody
Dangerous and moving is a good song too :) both are not my most listened on these albums though, but they don't have many bad songs in general
I am glad you share my love for t.A.T.u.! - I thought that after having presented my Top 10s of three American solo artists, it would have been nice to try something else (even though I know that this choice is quite less popular).

It's interesting to see that you prefer the English version but I can understand that since that's the way they got famous and a language barrier doesn't exist.
The thing is that (apart from "All The Thing She Said", I listened to the Russian songs at first since I got the Russian album as a present after a trip to Poland. Also, I am a huge fan of Russian music and in t.A.T.u.'s case, I think that Russian songs usually sound more authentic but I promise you that English songs will make my Top 10 as well.

I agree, they don't have many bad songs at all; I am glad you like my first two choices ;)

stevyy wrote:I actually own 2 albums by them. I cannot recall either song tho... i only know the one everyone knows. :lol:
That's great! I guess you own the first two English albums? They are great and some of the tracks will appear on my countdown. Any chance I might revive your love for this amazing duo?

Carbon wrote:Didn't wanna comment on the Rihanna list because i disagree with almost everythring :lol:

Tatu are great, and 30 Minutes is brilliant, even in English. The music vid is especially good
Oh, I can totally handle a "not so nice" comment on my choices. I mean, Rihanna is extra-ordinary and very special. Her discography is untouched in the sense that she has used so many elements of different genres and she has ruled them all. So, I can totally understand that people have a different taste. Which songs do you prefer?

I am glad you like t.A.T.u. as well ;) And damn, I agree, the music video is spectacular! I am glad you like it ;)
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Postby Mainshow » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:13 pm

Fan wrote:
Mainshow wrote:Hehe, yeah, my mother is pretty cool. She always attended concerts by Iron Maiden and Pink Floyd's Roger Waters & David Gilmour. She's also the reason why I am an avid fan of Eurovision since she treated it as a family tradition since I was a toddler and we attended concerts by Within Temptation, Nightwish together (and she sometimes "borrows" my CDs haha). - Actually, I introduced her to Hurts because I bought "Happiness" because I heard that a Kylie collaboration can be found on the album and I was totally into her music around that time. Anyway, we both ended up loving the album but when "Exile"had been released, I didn't like the album as much as the first one but my mother loved them even more and that's how she ended up asking me about that concert. So, we saw them live on their Exile tour.

I am glad you have found someone liking them so that you can finally see them live. Usually, it's better to attend concerts together with other people ;)

I am sorry about my harsh words on "We Found Love". I think it's the same situation with "Work Bitch" when I talk with other fans of Britney. Most of the ga..uys love it to death and think it's an anthem or so but I think it's the only bad single she has ever released. I think we have to agree to disagree then :D - But... to ease your pain a bit ( :lol: ) I absolutely adore the music video as well. So (from my perspective) the release was not completely pointless :D

Oh really? - "Russian Roulette" (unlike "Man Down") was incredibly huge here in Germany like even people of casting formats performed the song and it even hit #1 on our single charts. So I actually didn't like it at first because it was heavily overplayed but now I love it. I wish it had made my Top 10 but I just love the other tracks a bit more.

Thanks for your comment ;)
Haha, that is such a cool story!! It's always nice when you can share your love of music with your parents and you mum seems to have quite an interesting music taste. I once went to see Kylie with my dad :lol: It was when I was a lot younger and none of my friends were into Kylie around that time. My dad must have been the only straight guy there :lol:
Happiness is still their best record <3 But surprised to read you didn't like Exile at first, I always loved that record as well. The singles, especially, are sublime.

Me too! I have never attented a concert by myself, would like that too much, so I am glad Jeroen is a Hurts fan as well!

Hahahaha- well I can totally get you about Work Bitch. I thought I was the only ga.. uy (as you so nicely put it) that didn't like it. It's mostly a bunch of noise. I mean, I can appreciate it when I am in a club or something but it's definitely not a song I would put on.

It did? Russian Roulette always seemed like such an underrated track, never knew it was that big over there. Good to know.

t.A.T.u. was definitely not the girlgroup I was expecting, so nice surprise. I did like them quite a lot. Although I have always wondered about their "relationship", was it pure a PR stunt sell more records or did it kind of have some sort of protest against homphobia in it as well?
I wasn't aware of both Russian tracks, Lyudi Invalidi is quite nice and very risky video! It would probably have been banned here in Europe, and I can imagine them getting arrested in Russia if they released something like that in 2017. Sad times!
Definitely! There was still the time when I felt ashamed of liking the same stuff like my mother but oh well, I just can't deny that her taste in music doesn't suck at all :D - Haha, I love it that you went to Kylie's gayfest with your dad! - I mean, Kylie's kinda an icon (even for our parents' generation) but you know, the audience is even gayer than at all Eurovision Song Contests I have attended to. My dad even wanted to go to Kylie with me after I told him how amazing the "Aphrodite" tour was but oh well, I think I am not as strong as you are; even though they know who I am, I would feel akward when they attend the same gayfest like I do :D
Really? - I like "Exile" now, too, but it needed some time to grow on me. "Cupid" is my favourite track ;) yours?

Oh, doing things by oneself is amazing! I learnt to enjoy myself by attending concerts, film screenings or going into the city by myself or more importantly travelling. 2 years ago, I thought that only losers would do it but seriously, it's not even 1/4 as bad as people think it might be (before having tried it on their own) but yeah, having great company is good, too ;)

So we slightly agree ;) I hear that "bunch of noise" in "Work Bitch" as well as in "We Found Love" nowadays, though.

I am glad I was able to surprise you by choosing t.A.T.u. for the next edition of "Mainshow Goes Diva". Honestly, I wanted to take another band but I couldn't find half of their original music videos on Youtube (so how should I present the tracks here?) - But I love t.A.T.u. and I still listen to their tracks from time to time. I guess, the PR stunt was just a way to make some cash but videos like "Lyudi Invalidi" can totally be seen as some sort of protest. It's difficult to tell.
And sadly, I have agree on your comment on "if they had released that video in 2017" - I am glad you took your time to discover the two tracks I posted (I do that with your Girls ALoud Countdown as well (as you might have noticed). I am glad we introduce new tracks/singles by amazingly talented and successful bands ;)
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Postby Mainshow » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:31 pm

#8: "220" (2008)

I am still sad that their third album bombed internationally since I really loved their sound at that time. They still stayed true to themselves but I had the feeling that they were pushing their sound a bit and made it more experimental and edgier. "220" was released as the second single taken from "Vesyolye Ulybki" which can be translated to "Happy Smiles". Its music video is quite uneventful compared to the previous two I posted above but Yulia and Lena have never have never looked hotter, in my opinion.
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Postby Mainshow » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:39 pm

#7: "Not Gonna Get Us" (2003)

It's time to drop one of their few international hits. "Not Gonna Get Us" was released as the second international singles after their massive smash hit "All The Things She Said" and expectations were high (are they going to end up being a one-hit wonder?) - Personally, I think that this track is great (especially since the lyrics are rather strong (compared to other tracks by them) but I always had the feeling that it was inferior to the first single. Anyway, this song proved that t.A.T.u. were more than just a short-lived provocation within the pop industry and the built-up to the chorus is brilliantly produced. One actually even audioviisually get the feeling of them being (emotionally and physically) chased. I love it when the arrangement and a song's structure actually fits to the lyrics. Well done, team T.A.T.u.!
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Postby Erotica » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:13 pm

Happy Smiles is a great song and Not gonna get us my favourite from that era, always loved it
I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?
Erotica
Legend

Postby KokoCollino » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:54 pm

Didn't they make messy comments on LGBT
I'll find my way home
KokoCollino
Manager

Postby Fan » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:50 pm

Mainshow wrote:Definitely! There was still the time when I felt ashamed of liking the same stuff like my mother but oh well, I just can't deny that her taste in music doesn't suck at all :D - Haha, I love it that you went to Kylie's gayfest with your dad! - I mean, Kylie's kinda an icon (even for our parents' generation) but you know, the audience is even gayer than at all Eurovision Song Contests I have attended to. My dad even wanted to go to Kylie with me after I told him how amazing the "Aphrodite" tour was but oh well, I think I am not as strong as you are; even though they know who I am, I would feel akward when they attend the same gayfest like I do :D
Really? - I like "Exile" now, too, but it needed some time to grow on me. "Cupid" is my favourite track ;) yours?

Oh, doing things by oneself is amazing! I learnt to enjoy myself by attending concerts, film screenings or going into the city by myself or more importantly travelling. 2 years ago, I thought that only losers would do it but seriously, it's not even 1/4 as bad as people think it might be (before having tried it on their own) but yeah, having great company is good, too ;)

So we slightly agree ;) I hear that "bunch of noise" in "Work Bitch" as well as in "We Found Love" nowadays, though.

I am glad I was able to surprise you by choosing t.A.T.u. for the next edition of "Mainshow Goes Diva". Honestly, I wanted to take another band but I couldn't find half of their original music videos on Youtube (so how should I present the tracks here?) - But I love t.A.T.u. and I still listen to their tracks from time to time. I guess, the PR stunt was just a way to make some cash but videos like "Lyudi Invalidi" can totally be seen as some sort of protest. It's difficult to tell.
And sadly, I have agree on your comment on "if they had released that video in 2017" - I am glad you took your time to discover the two tracks I posted (I do that with your Girls ALoud Countdown as well (as you might have noticed). I am glad we introduce new tracks/singles by amazingly talented and successful bands ;)
You should definitely not be ashamed of that :wink:
Hahahaha, absolutely! I went to see the X tour with my dad, years ago, when I wasn't even 'out' myself, but it was certainly a massive gayfest from what I remember :lol: And I totally understand you, never in a million years would I go to a Kylie concert with my dad now. I'm not that strong anymore, apparently. I already felt a bit awkward when I was in Ibiza with my dad.
I think my favourite would be Somebody To Die For or Blind.

I do like to go to the movies by myself, it's quite relaxing for some reason. But other than that, I just don't feel comfortable. I was actually talking about this with a friend yesterday, we were discussing going by yourself to the theatre, something he sometimes does, but I just couldn't do that. I don't even know why.

We Found Love >>>>>>>> Work Bitch.

Were you planning to go with No Angels at first? :P
It's definitely a good way to discover some new songs, as I wasn't aware of most t.A.T.u. songs, except for the well known ones, and I appreciate it a lot that you take your time to listen to my Girls Aloud ones as wel.

220 is rather catchy I have to say and Not Gonna Get Us is great! Always loved the video as well, almost felt like a mini-film instead of a music video. Seemed like they had quite a good budget!
Fan
Legend

Postby Mainshow » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:11 pm

Erotica wrote:Happy Smiles is a great song and Not gonna get us my favourite from that era, always loved it
Thanks for your comment. I had no clue "Not Gonna Get Us" is your favourite track from that era! That's pretty cool! I always had the feeling that this single is rather overlooked.

KokoCollino wrote:Didn't they make messy comments on LGBT
Like many other high-profile Russian artists, Yulia indeed made messy comments on equality and LGBT+ community and their "rights". It's sad that some countries go backwards when it comes to equal rights and it's even sadder that some people in charger/power don't fight the system. I was mad at t.A.T.u. for a long time (actually, I stopped listening to their music for a year or two) but after all, it's the whole **** system in the country and tbh, Yulia is not the smartest girl on Earth, so I will try not to judge her.. apart from that, after all those plastic surgeries destroying her face, she has already been punished enough :D

Fan wrote:
Mainshow wrote:Definitely! There was still the time when I felt ashamed of liking the same stuff like my mother but oh well, I just can't deny that her taste in music doesn't suck at all :D - Haha, I love it that you went to Kylie's gayfest with your dad! - I mean, Kylie's kinda an icon (even for our parents' generation) but you know, the audience is even gayer than at all Eurovision Song Contests I have attended to. My dad even wanted to go to Kylie with me after I told him how amazing the "Aphrodite" tour was but oh well, I think I am not as strong as you are; even though they know who I am, I would feel akward when they attend the same gayfest like I do :D

You should definitely not be ashamed of that :wink:
Hahahaha, absolutely! I went to see the X tour with my dad, years ago, when I wasn't even 'out' myself, but it was certainly a massive gayfest from what I remember :lol: And I totally understand you, never in a million years would I go to a Kylie concert with my dad now. I'm not that strong anymore, apparently. I already felt a bit awkward when I was in Ibiza with my dad.
I think my favourite would be Somebody To Die For or Blind.

I do like to go to the movies by myself, it's quite relaxing for some reason. But other than that, I just don't feel comfortable. I was actually talking about this with a friend yesterday, we were discussing going by yourself to the theatre, something he sometimes does, but I just couldn't do that. I don't even know why.

We Found Love >>>>>>>> Work Bitch.

Were you planning to go with No Angels at first? :P
It's definitely a good way to discover some new songs, as I wasn't aware of most t.A.T.u. songs, except for the well known ones, and I appreciate it a lot that you take your time to listen to my Girls Aloud ones as wel.

220 is rather catchy I have to say and Not Gonna Get Us is great! Always loved the video as well, almost felt like a mini-film instead of a music video. Seemed like they had quite a good budget!
But your dad has already witnessed how Kylie's concerts look like nowadays (same applies to Madonna's gigs, though). So why do you feel uncomfortable now?
"Somebody To Die For" is an excellent choice! - You know, all that talking about Hurts made me craving for their older songs again so that in the end, I signed up for hosting a Hurts - Artist Survivor on Ukmix. Can't wait ;)

Really? - I love watching movies alone; because tickets are **** expensive here and honestly, I go into the theatre to actually see what's going on and I don't want to be distracted by people I know/like/friends with trying to talk to me during the screening :D - I started to love it when I was in New Zealand earlier this year. The tickets are way more affordable, I had two cinemas 200 metres away from where I stayed and it was such a great experience. I went to that cinema 3 times in one single week xD

Haha, yes, Sherlock, I wanted to present my Top 10 singles by No Angels (they were brilliant back in the day)! - I am surprised you know them ;)

I am glad you took the time to discover the two tracks and I agree, their music videos are usually quite spectacular. I think they had a huge budget, especially for Eastern European artists.
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Postby Mainshow » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:35 pm

#6: "Ne Ver', Ne Boysia" (2003)

I have been a huge fan of t.A.T.u. straight from the beginning and as an avid admirer of the Eurovision Song Contest, you can only imagine how much I freaked out when I learnt about t.A.T.u. representing their home country Russia in Eurovision.
I still can't believe it didn't win :( - It was only 3 points behind the first place and 1 point behind Belgium which was the runner-up.
Did you know that Ireland had problems with their votes? The country was not able to submit the televoting points and they ahd to use a back-up jury which clearly didn't vote for Russia at all. If the jury members had given t.A.T.u. 4 points, the outcome would have been completely different... and I strongly believe that t.A.T.u.
- since they used to be very popular - would have ended up being Top 10 or even Top 5 in the televotings points of Ireland.
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Postby Mainshow » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:40 pm

#5: "How Soon Is Now?" (2003)

Unpopular opinion alert: I prefer this version to the song's original performed by The Smiths. I really think they add something to the song and it fits their voices perfectly. The production is divine. I even bought the physical copy of the single (which also offers their Eurovision entry as well as a brilliant "30 Minutes" remix).
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Postby Mainshow » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:46 pm

#4: "Beliy Plaschik" (2007)

Damn, I miss those days when songs had a strong "Bubblegum"-esque intro. "Beliy Plaschik" clearly delivers in that department and offers a catchy chorus which creates a contrast to the haunting verses. - The music video is their most shocking one in which a pregnant Yulia has to face the death penalty. Seriously, who did come up with all those concepts during their heyday?!

If you want to listen/watch the English version titled "White Robe": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3bCJ-rqkMw
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Postby Erotica » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:20 pm

I am not a big fan of the Eurovision song compared to all their other singles

How soon is now is a good cover and all in all a nice single

White Robe is fantastic, everything about that song is great, one of their best songs and best song from their last album I would say
Erotica
Legend

Postby Mainshow » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:52 pm

Erotica wrote:I am not a big fan of the Eurovision song compared to all their other singles

How soon is now is a good cover and all in all a nice single

White Robe is fantastic, everything about that song is great, one of their best songs and best song from their last album I would say
I am surprised to get to know that you are not a big fan of their Eurovision entry. I think it's a brilliant track and clearly should have won.

I am glad we agree on the cover of "How Soon Is Now?" being amazing. I think that it has aged very well and its arrangement still sounds fresh.

And again, I agree on "White Robe"/"Beliy Plaschik" - I prefer the Russian version by miles - but the song itself is fantastic and one of their best songs ever.
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Postby JakeP » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:20 pm

Ohh just played How soon is now, never realised t.A.T.u did a cover of this song. I really like it too. I know The Smiths original is an indie classic in the UK, but the girls did a really good rendition of the song. :D
JakeP
Manager

Postby Fan » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:06 am

Mainshow wrote:But your dad has already witnessed how Kylie's concerts look like nowadays (same applies to Madonna's gigs, though). So why do you feel uncomfortable now?
"Somebody To Die For" is an excellent choice! - You know, all that talking about Hurts made me craving for their older songs again so that in the end, I signed up for hosting a Hurts - Artist Survivor on Ukmix. Can't wait ;)

Really? - I love watching movies alone; because tickets are **** expensive here and honestly, I go into the theatre to actually see what's going on and I don't want to be distracted by people I know/like/friends with trying to talk to me during the screening :D - I started to love it when I was in New Zealand earlier this year. The tickets are way more affordable, I had two cinemas 200 metres away from where I stayed and it was such a great experience. I went to that cinema 3 times in one single week xD

Haha, yes, Sherlock, I wanted to present my Top 10 singles by No Angels (they were brilliant back in the day)! - I am surprised you know them ;)

I am glad you took the time to discover the two tracks and I agree, their music videos are usually quite spectacular. I think they had a huge budget, especially for Eastern European artists.
Yeahh.. That's true. But that was kinda of different situation. And maybe not something I should share on a public forum :lol: I'll tell you later via PM (or when you come to Den Haag, haha).
Oh that's a good idea! Looking forward to that survivor. Stay for the win, though.

I can see what you mean! I have this movie card, for which you pay 19 euros per month, and you can see as many movies as you would like. Pretty good deal. I do sometimes go on my own, but I like to have my company. And discuss the movie afterwards with someone.
Haha- that is amazing! Always good when a cinema is close to you. I went to this movie marathon last month, which showed five movies in a row.

:lol: :lol:
I used to buy Bravo magazine back in the day (for Britney clippings and posters) and No Angels were featured a lot. Also bought their 2007 comeback album when I visited Germany once.

I already knew Not Gonna Get Us from back when it was released :)
I too was very surprised when they didn't end up winning Eurovision, it was a good song and they were very well known back then. Totally forgot about How Soon Is Now? Used to like it, so thanks for reminding me.
Beliy Plaschik is decent, but I prefer the other two. They surely did have some very interesting videos!
Fan
Legend

Postby Mainshow » Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:55 pm

JakeP wrote:Ohh just played How soon is now, never realised t.A.T.u did a cover of this song. I really like it too. I know The Smiths original is an indie classic in the UK, but the girls did a really good rendition of the song. :D
I am glad you checked their cover out and liked it ;) - I think that it was one of their more memorable singles here in Germany (together with "All The Things She Said", "All About Us", "Not Gonna Get Us" & "Gomenasai") - I am glad you call it a "good rendition" since covers sometimes can really go bad.
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Return to Personal Charts