Mainshow Goes Diva: Katy Perry (#4)

Moderators: tdc2000, FreakyFlyBry

Postby Mainshow » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:03 pm

Fan wrote:
Mainshow wrote:But your dad has already witnessed how Kylie's concerts look like nowadays (same applies to Madonna's gigs, though). So why do you feel uncomfortable now?
"Somebody To Die For" is an excellent choice! - You know, all that talking about Hurts made me craving for their older songs again so that in the end, I signed up for hosting a Hurts - Artist Survivor on Ukmix. Can't wait ;)

Really? - I love watching movies alone; because tickets are **** expensive here and honestly, I go into the theatre to actually see what's going on and I don't want to be distracted by people I know/like/friends with trying to talk to me during the screening :D - I started to love it when I was in New Zealand earlier this year. The tickets are way more affordable, I had two cinemas 200 metres away from where I stayed and it was such a great experience. I went to that cinema 3 times in one single week xD

Haha, yes, Sherlock, I wanted to present my Top 10 singles by No Angels (they were brilliant back in the day)! - I am surprised you know them ;)

I am glad you took the time to discover the two tracks and I agree, their music videos are usually quite spectacular. I think they had a huge budget, especially for Eastern European artists.
Yeahh.. That's true. But that was kinda of different situation. And maybe not something I should share on a public forum :lol: I'll tell you later via PM (or when you come to Den Haag, haha).
Oh that's a good idea! Looking forward to that survivor. Stay for the win, though.

I can see what you mean! I have this movie card, for which you pay 19 euros per month, and you can see as many movies as you would like. Pretty good deal. I do sometimes go on my own, but I like to have my company. And discuss the movie afterwards with someone.
Haha- that is amazing! Always good when a cinema is close to you. I went to this movie marathon last month, which showed five movies in a row.

:lol: :lol:
I used to buy Bravo magazine back in the day (for Britney clippings and posters) and No Angels were featured a lot. Also bought their 2007 comeback album when I visited Germany once.

I already knew Not Gonna Get Us from back when it was released :)
I too was very surprised when they didn't end up winning Eurovision, it was a good song and they were very well known back then. Totally forgot about How Soon Is Now? Used to like it, so thanks for reminding me.
Beliy Plaschik is decent, but I prefer the other two. They surely did have some very interesting videos!
I will definitely go to The Hague. Can't wait to get to know that story you don't want to share online :D
I'm hosting a Lena - Artist survivor right now (but she's not that popular here on Ukmix) and I think it's a nice thing to go back to an artist's discography and Hurts kind of deserve it ;) - "Stay" is your favourite song, heh ;)

Wow! That's cheap! That movie card costs 23 Euros here (that's not much of a difference but if you multiple 4 Euros x12... that's like getting super expensive). Have you used that card to watch "Geostorm" yet? - It's pretty enjoyable, thrilling and the effects are great. I didn't expect it to meet my expectations.

Haha, that's amazing! I used to read Bravo as well (even though I prefered Yam! because of having a better and "harder cover"). No Angels used to be so great! I loved "Pure" (their album). A shame they sucked at Eurovision ;)

You're always welcome. I am glad I could "re-introduce" "How Soon Is Now?" to you again. It's really a great cover version & you are totally right about Eurovision. I mean, the Turkish entry was quite successful on the German charts and it took Eurovision into a new era. The following years (2004, 2005, 2006) were Ethno-Pop oriented and it improved the reputation of the contest but seriously, t.A.T.u. would have made a better winner (perhaps other bigger artist would've done Eurovision?)

Thanks for taking your time to check songs you didn't know. I agree, their music videos are perfect <3
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Postby Mainshow » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:13 pm

#3: "Show Me Love" (2003)

"Show Me Love" had been used as a promotional single taken from 200 km/h in the Wrong Lane to boost and support the "Show Me Love "tour but sadly, a physical copy of the single has never been produced.
I love the joyful production of the song. It kicks off with a great intro of Yulia and Lena staging a phone call and turning the song as a lesbian anthem. The "until you're screaming for more" part accompanied by a B-chorus and an instrumental part with distinctive staccato is my favourite part of the song. Damn, it should have been a proper single! - I love the Russian version as well which sounds even a bit more aggressive in the chorus (especially the last one). "ya tvoya ne pervaya" - I listened so much to that version of the song when I was a teen that I even picked up some random Russian words :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xsk8qv14ZtM
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Postby Mainshow » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:22 pm

#2: "All The Things She Said" (2002)

I have always considered this track to be an explosion of feelings and emotions of teenagers experiencing a forbidden love. Happiness, pleasure but also anger and shame are evenly portrayed in the song and makes the song somehow authentic (even though t.A.T.u. faked the whole "being a couple" part and didn't write the lyrics). This play of different emotions are accompanied by different parts in the arrangement, e.g. the soft verses contradict the aggressively rock-esque sounding of the chorus. It helps that it's so repetitive which makes the whole song very memorable but also showcases the despair of the girls being unlucky in love.
It was even part of Blender's "The 500 Greatest Songs Since You Were Born" and I totally agree, the song's immaculate and has turned out to be a classic of 00's pop music.
It's simply epic!
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Postby Mainshow » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:37 pm

#1: "All About Us" (2005)

After dropping "All The Things She Said", I think it was quite obvious that my number-one would be the lead single taken from "Dangerous and Moving" and not "Gomenasai" or "Friend or Foe" which are also enjoyable tracks to lsiten to.

Even though it's as catchy as "All The Things She Said" is, I prefer thins song's production way more. It's rockier, edgier but also more anthemic. I love the verses and how they succeeded in creating a climax which ends up with offering us an epic and organic chorus with a great ending which could have been part of a Symphonic Metal track. I love the bells and the strings so much! - The bridge is simply angelic and definitely their best one ever! - You can't remember it? - Listen to the track immediately :D You will not regret it.

"All About Us"'s music video is also pretty much iconic. Yulia gets picked up by a stranger while walking down the street - like a hooker - and accompanies him into a private room. They decide to have sex and Yulia seems to enjoy it until the stranger decides to go brutal. Pleasure turns into rape, there's violience everywhere and Yulia gets beaten up and seems to lose the fight until she grabs a gun, pulls the trigger and leaves a bloody mess on the wall (again, please don't ban me, dear mods).

Mainshow goes Diva: t.A.T.u.

Thanks again for taking your time and commenting on my countdown. I hope you enjoyed this edition of "Mainshow Goes Diva" although t.A.T.u. doesn't seem to be that popular among Ukmixers anymore. I hope you discovered a track or two. t.A.T.u's used to be my favourite band before I learnt about Symphonic Metal, so this countdown was very special for me. - Let's have a brief look at my Top 10:
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Postby JakeP » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:00 pm

Ohh i totally forgot What about us, i'm sure that was successful in the UK. That's a nice little throwback hearing this again after so long. :P :wink:

All the things she said is amazing. I always found it funny seeing people feeling uneasy watching the girls performing on tv. As if they've never seen two young girls kissing each other before! :lol: I loved this song, such a clever way to sell their music.
JakeP
Manager

Postby Tansike » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:09 am

I need to catch up with all missed things as soon as possible but i just need to say that YAASSSSSSSSSSSSS at #1 by t.A.T.u., one of my all time favorite songs EVER :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Tansike
Legend

Postby Erotica » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:21 am

Show me love is a good song and All the things she said too, I am really glad you chose All about us over these two for #1 though, definitely one of their best singles, and great video too

Two songs that weren't in your countdown but are in my top 3 or top 2: Friend or foe and Loves me not. But the second one wasn't a real single I would say
I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?
Erotica
Legend

Postby stevyy » Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:50 pm

I agree with the #1 and #2. These are probably the only songs that I really know by them.
stevyy
Legend

Postby Fan » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:03 pm

Mainshow wrote:I will definitely go to The Hague. Can't wait to get to know that story you don't want to share online :D
I'm hosting a Lena - Artist survivor right now (but she's not that popular here on Ukmix) and I think it's a nice thing to go back to an artist's discography and Hurts kind of deserve it ;) - "Stay" is your favourite song, heh ;)

Wow! That's cheap! That movie card costs 23 Euros here (that's not much of a difference but if you multiple 4 Euros x12... that's like getting super expensive). Have you used that card to watch "Geostorm" yet? - It's pretty enjoyable, thrilling and the effects are great. I didn't expect it to meet my expectations.

Haha, that's amazing! I used to read Bravo as well (even though I prefered Yam! because of having a better and "harder cover"). No Angels used to be so great! I loved "Pure" (their album). A shame they sucked at Eurovision ;)

You're always welcome. I am glad I could "re-introduce" "How Soon Is Now?" to you again. It's really a great cover version & you are totally right about Eurovision. I mean, the Turkish entry was quite successful on the German charts and it took Eurovision into a new era. The following years (2004, 2005, 2006) were Ethno-Pop oriented and it improved the reputation of the contest but seriously, t.A.T.u. would have made a better winner (perhaps other bigger artist would've done Eurovision?)

Thanks for taking your time to check songs you didn't know. I agree, their music videos are perfect <3
Cool!! It was in the beginning of November, right? Haha, I'll tell you- probably in between our discussions over We Found Love and Cheryl :lol: :lol:
Yass! Stay is one of my all time favourite songs, absolutely adore it, so it will always be my favourite Hurts song. Although, I have to say Something I Need To Tell is coming closer and closer.

It is a really good deal, indeed. 23 euro isn't that expensive either, but I agree- 4 euros more x 12 is a pretty amount of money. I haven't, no! Actually had never heard of that particular film before. But you liked it, I see? I actually went to see a movie today, for the first time in a while, The Man With The Iron Heart, was a good one.

I do remember Yam! as well. And wasn't there a Popcorn as well? I had quite a few of those magazines, even though I could not read a word in German :lol: I don't know a lot about their back catalogue, but Goodbye to Yesterday was good. Prefered Monrose though. Hot Summer <33

Was 2003 the year Sertab won? :o I loved that song!! Actually think it's a lot better than the t.A.T.u. one, sorry mate :oops: I didn't watch a lot of Eurovision during those years, only know that Javine failed misserably in 2004. Poor girl.

Sure! Always good to discover some new songs, like Show Me Love, never heard that one before but it's good. All The Things She Said is ofcourse brilliant! Very good pop song and memorable (although, looking back, it's pretty insane why there was so much controversy around it). I remember it was released around the same time as Dirrty, two modern classics.
All About Us is great as well, would switch the top two, but both great songs. I bought both cd-singles as well.
i wanna see you on your knees, wanna see you begging
Fan
Legend

Postby Mainshow » Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:33 pm

JakeP wrote:Ohh i totally forgot What about us, i'm sure that was successful in the UK. That's a nice little throwback hearing this again after so long. :P :wink:

All the things she said is amazing. I always found it funny seeing people feeling uneasy watching the girls performing on tv. As if they've never seen two young girls kissing each other before! :lol: I loved this song, such a clever way to sell their music.
Oh, you should not have forgotten about this amazing pop track :D - But I am glad my countdown was able to bring you back to 2005 for a short while :D
Yeah, the society is so fake. Like 90% of those people wouldn't be able to hold back their errection when they hear "lesbians" but when it comes to them showing their love in public (even though it was just a PR stunt), they all went pathetic.
Glad you loved their debut, though!

Tansike wrote:I need to catch up with all missed things as soon as possible but i just need to say that YAASSSSSSSSSSSSS at #1 by t.A.T.u., one of my all time favorite songs EVER :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Take your time, Tansike ;) - I am glad you want to catch up ;) and I am super glad that you like my #1 ;) That we share our favourites ;)

Erotica wrote:Show me love is a good song and All the things she said too, I am really glad you chose All about us over these two for #1 though, definitely one of their best singles, and great video too

Two songs that weren't in your countdown but are in my top 3 or top 2: Friend or foe and Loves me not. But the second one wasn't a real single I would say
I am glad you enjoyed my entire Top 3! That's rare! - So, t.A.T.u. was the right artist to choose :D - I was thinking of placing "Friend Or Foe" and "Gomenasai" inside my Top 10 (as well as "You And I") but sadly, there were no spots left. - I had no idea you love those tracks that much. Quite interesting and unpopular choices!

stevyy wrote:I agree with the #1 and #2. These are probably the only songs that I really know by them.
I am glad we share the same Top 2 but what's wrong with "Show Me Love"? :(
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Postby Carbon » Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:50 pm

Show Me Love - great! the beginning is haunting, the whole production is so cool with the contrast between the dark verses and freentic chorus. my fave part would be the slowed-down "show-me-love" part

ATTSS - it's a classic definitely, and overall a cool song (much cooler than Not Gonna Get Us imho, which seemed a bit forced and cheesy to me). the video is also great.

All About Us - for me, this was a letdown. it's an ok album track at best, I don't like the whole "this is our story!!" theme because it seems very calculated. and to be honest, musically it does nothing for me, their melodies on the previous albums were superior even on the album tracks. it just doesn't scream "lead single" in any aspect. sorry for the hate rant, I don't actually *hate* the song, it stems more from the fact that it was the make-or-break lead single. and it obviously didn't make them :lol:

shame about Gomenasai not charting!
Ја кријам главата под шалот.
Само на веѓите ми се гледа
дека мислам на тебе.

last.fm
Carbon
Legend

Postby Mainshow » Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:31 am

Fan wrote:
Mainshow wrote:I will definitely go to The Hague. Can't wait to get to know that story you don't want to share online :D

Cool!! It was in the beginning of November, right? Haha, I'll tell you- probably in between our discussions over We Found Love and Cheryl :lol: :lol:
Yass! Stay is one of my all time favourite songs, absolutely adore it, so it will always be my favourite Hurts song. Although, I have to say Something I Need To Tell is coming closer and closer.

It is a really good deal, indeed. 23 euro isn't that expensive either, but I agree- 4 euros more x 12 is a pretty amount of money. I haven't, no! Actually had never heard of that particular film before. But you liked it, I see? I actually went to see a movie today, for the first time in a while, The Man With The Iron Heart, was a good one.

I do remember Yam! as well. And wasn't there a Popcorn as well? I had quite a few of those magazines, even though I could not read a word in German :lol: I don't know a lot about their back catalogue, but Goodbye to Yesterday was good. Prefered Monrose though. Hot Summer <33

Was 2003 the year Sertab won? :o I loved that song!! Actually think it's a lot better than the t.A.T.u. one, sorry mate :oops: I didn't watch a lot of Eurovision during those years, only know that Javine failed misserably in 2004. Poor girl.

Sure! Always good to discover some new songs, like Show Me Love, never heard that one before but it's good. All The Things She Said is ofcourse brilliant! Very good pop song and memorable (although, looking back, it's pretty insane why there was so much controversy around it). I remember it was released around the same time as Dirrty, two modern classics.
All About Us is great as well, would switch the top two, but both great songs. I bought both cd-singles as well.
Yes, it's very soon actually. Can't wait to meet you guys in person (again/for the very first time).

Wow, if you really love "Something That I Need To Know" that much, you better go back to the Hurts - Desire Survivor Thread and save it again. There was a tie when it comes to deciding on the winner :D - I am glad they were able to come up with such a strong song on their fourth album.
Have you heard that Hurts did submit a song to BBC to represent the UK in Eurovision but apparently, BBC didn't want them to perform? That stupid broadcaster demanded a newcomer or a "TV legend" to sing that song written and produced by Hurts instead. BBC is so damn stupid! - I am so angry right now!

I haven't heard of that movie, I should check it out, though.

Haha, that's so funny that you know all those magazines (which I bought as well especially because of Britney xD). I think that Popcorn still exists :D

Yeah, Sertab won in 2003. Personally, I loved the Turkey entry as well but I prefered Russia and Iceland :D

What a lovely coincidence that you bought the same singles like I did back in the day. I am glad we agree on the Top 2 (even you would change the winner).

Carbon wrote:Show Me Love - great! the beginning is haunting, the whole production is so cool with the contrast between the dark verses and freentic chorus. my fave part would be the slowed-down "show-me-love" part

ATTSS - it's a classic definitely, and overall a cool song (much cooler than Not Gonna Get Us imho, which seemed a bit forced and cheesy to me). the video is also great.

All About Us - for me, this was a letdown. it's an ok album track at best, I don't like the whole "this is our story!!" theme because it seems very calculated. and to be honest, musically it does nothing for me, their melodies on the previous albums were superior even on the album tracks. it just doesn't scream "lead single" in any aspect. sorry for the hate rant, I don't actually *hate* the song, it stems more from the fact that it was the make-or-break lead single. and it obviously didn't make them :lol:

shame about Gomenasai not charting!
Agree on "Show Me Love". Thanks for describing the song's nature the way you did! It's highly appreciated and captures the song's vibe perfectly.

I agree on "All The Things She Said" as well, it just feels 'authentic" to me and pretty much organic. It was really refreshing while "Not Gonna Get Us" is still a great track but it couldn't compete with the previous single.

Oh, harsh words on a song you seem to like :D - I honestly have to disagree with you here but that's alright I guess :D I know where you are coming from (that the story/image was so forced) but it was just a "natural" step after their homosexual love story didn't work anymore. However, the arrangement, the dramatic vibes, the whole atmosphere of the song are so divine, it just had to be my #1 :D

Actually, "Gomenasai" was #13 on my list. I like the song but I prefer their uptempo/risky tracks way more.
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Postby Mainshow » Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:55 am

original image taken from: https://pc-runa.ru/landing/wp-content/u ... 30x579.jpg

Mainshow goes Diva: Katy Perry

Welcome to Mainshow Goes Diva: Katy Perry. Although I don't love Katy unconditonally, she's clearly no unkown Extra-Terrestrial to my last.fm profile. 2,122 plays speak volumes: She's clearly not a dark horse of my series. She has always been a part of my listening habits since she released her phenomenal and successful international debut single. Based on my last.fm, Miss Perry is my #8 favourite female artist. I also saw her live once when she came to Cologne with her California Dreams Tour and she was definitely fun to watch and a great entertainer. She might have some ups and downs when it comes to her music (I think I even called her the epitome of being generic here on the forum) but deep in my heart, I still love her and due to the fact that she has already released 27 (+5 promotional) singles, there will be plenty of tracks to choose from to come up with a divine Top 10. Get ready, my fellow KatyCats!
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Postby luckyONE » Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:30 am

a great choice, whilst she still has to release a record which i truly love, she's part of my teenage days and i am happy for it. excited! :)
luckyONE
Superstar

Postby Erotica » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:54 am

Interesting choice, will be nice to see which songs you will pick, she has many great singles, but among them are some I somehow hate, so hope they won't appear or at least only at #10 or #9 ^^
I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?
Erotica
Legend

Postby Mainshow » Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:25 pm

luckyONE wrote:a great choice, whilst she still has to release a record which i truly love, she's part of my teenage days and i am happy for it. excited! :)
Thanks ;) - Yeah, her music has clearly accompanied a lot of our lives; I mean, her massive hits were everywhere ;) I really hope she will release a record you can truly adore at some time of her career (I think she still has a lot of potential/to offer).

Erotica wrote:Interesting choice, will be nice to see which songs you will pick, she has many great singles, but among them are some I somehow hate, so hope they won't appear or at least only at #10 or #9 ^^
I really hope you will not be disappointed. You really have to let me know if a song you hate pops up :D
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Postby Mainshow » Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:45 pm

#10: "Dark Horse (feat. Juicy J)" (2013)

Is there any other way to kick off a Katy Perry Top 10 Singles Countdown without dropping a massive international hit which peaked at #1 in the US? - Again, we see a Max Martin production going big on my series after two smash hits popped up on Mainshow Goes Dicks: Backstreet Boys.

After "Roar" (which I really like now), I was a bit worried about Katy's "Prism" because I wanted her to evolve and shift away from the basic Teenage Pop sound which clearly made her big in the US. That's why I instantly fell in love with this track when I listened to it for the very first time. "Dark Horse" is quite experimental for Katy since it combines hip-hop, trap and techno elements while staying true to the concept of creating a pop masterpiece.

The song's music video is entertaining as hell and since I am a huge fan of ancient mythologies in general I loved the Egyptian theme.
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Postby luckyONE » Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:51 pm

"Dark Horse" is the "E.T." for me from the "PRISM" album. it has never been one of my favorites and i was surprised it was such a huge hit (happy for her, though because it kinda saved the "PRISM" era from just being a "1 hit era".) it also happens to be the lowest peaking single from the era on my personal charts. :lol:
so good to see it "only" at #10 and not much higher :P :P :P
luckyONE
Superstar

Postby Carbon » Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:52 pm

I liked it at first, and the dark promo single cover fit perfectly with the sound... sadly the video was disapponting, a big Katy pastiche that doesn't match the song at all for me

I can somehow enjoy the song now, but it got overplayed to death everywhere and that sadly ruins a lot of songs for me
Ја кријам главата под шалот.
Само на веѓите ми се гледа
дека мислам на тебе.

last.fm
Carbon
Legend

Postby JakeP » Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:07 pm

Yay! A Katy Perry top 10. :D

This should be another amazing countdown as she has so many great songs from over the years. Dark horse was a slow burner for me, i wasn't keen on the song at all when it first got released. Then the music video was released and that definitely helped with my enjoyment of the song.
JakeP
Manager

Postby Fan » Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:09 pm

Mainshow wrote:Yes, it's very soon actually. Can't wait to meet you guys in person (again/for the very first time).

Wow, if you really love "Something That I Need To Know" that much, you better go back to the Hurts - Desire Survivor Thread and save it again. There was a tie when it comes to deciding on the winner :D - I am glad they were able to come up with such a strong song on their fourth album.
Have you heard that Hurts did submit a song to BBC to represent the UK in Eurovision but apparently, BBC didn't want them to perform? That stupid broadcaster demanded a newcomer or a "TV legend" to sing that song written and produced by Hurts instead. BBC is so damn stupid! - I am so angry right now!

I haven't heard of that movie, I should check it out, though.

Haha, that's so funny that you know all those magazines (which I bought as well especially because of Britney xD). I think that Popcorn still exists :D

Yeah, Sertab won in 2003. Personally, I loved the Turkey entry as well but I prefered Russia and Iceland :D

What a lovely coincidence that you bought the same singles like I did back in the day. I am glad we agree on the Top 2 (even you would change the winner).
Yes, me neither! Will be fun! :D

He, he. I did it right after reading your comment :lol: It just needs to win, by far the best song on the album (although I have the say, the album is general has grown a lot on me over the past few weeks). I hadn't heard of that, no! Wow, what a massive shame. The UK usually has the most random acts to represent them :lol: They should have been happy Hurts wanted to do it in the first place!

I went to see another one today, The Mountain Between Us. With Idris 'the sex' Elba.

They always featured a lot of Britney as well, so good one. It does? That is pretty funny, we had a couple of similar Dutch magazines, but they have all disappeared now.

It is :)

So, yes, Katy. She can be a bit basic (and downright annoying these days), but I don't think she has ever released a single I disliked, so this will be another good one for me. Unconditionally for the win!

Dark Horse is not one of my favourites. It's a cool song, I do like it, but can totally see why you only charted it at #10. And did you honestly like the video? I always thought it was a big mess that didn't match the song AT ALL.
i wanna see you on your knees, wanna see you begging
Fan
Legend

Postby Wayne » Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:11 pm

I remember hating Dark Horse when it first came out, but looking back - it was a real step change for her, quite like it these days.
Wayne
Administrator

Postby Erotica » Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:34 pm

Dark Horse is one of her strongest singles, I like it :)
Erotica
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:36 pm

"Dark Horse" is a bop - definitely Top 10 material. Great start!
"You think your pain and your heartbreak are unprecedented in the history of the world, but then you read." - James Baldwin
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby Mainshow » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:25 pm

luckyONE wrote:"Dark Horse" is the "E.T." for me from the "PRISM" album. it has never been one of my favorites and i was surprised it was such a huge hit (happy for her, though because it kinda saved the "PRISM" era from just being a "1 hit era".) it also happens to be the lowest peaking single from the era on my personal charts. :lol:
so good to see it "only" at #10 and not much higher :P :P :P
Does this mean that you are not a huge fan of "E.T." either? - At what position did "Dark Horse" peak on your personal chart?
Tbh, there was another song which was fighting for that #10 spot and I had to listen to the two songs for like two consecutive days quite often to make a final decision.

Carbon wrote:I liked it at first, and the dark promo single cover fit perfectly with the sound... sadly the video was disapponting, a big Katy pastiche that doesn't match the song at all for me

I can somehow enjoy the song now, but it got overplayed to death everywhere and that sadly ruins a lot of songs for me
Oh, I really hate it when songs get overplayed. I can totally feel you. Because of that phenomenon I stopped listening to radio at all. It helped, tbh. I can choose whatever I like on my iTunes/Spotify :D

JakeP wrote:Yay! A Katy Perry top 10. :D

This should be another amazing countdown as she has so many great songs from over the years. Dark horse was a slow burner for me, i wasn't keen on the song at all when it first got released. Then the music video was released and that definitely helped with my enjoyment of the song.
Thanks! I am glad you like my artist choice and I agree, Katy indeed had so many great singles/hits. I am really looking forward to doing this. I am glad you loved the music video as well. I don't think it's her best one but it's so fun to watch! - I have loved the song straight from the beginning, though.
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Return to Personal Charts