JakeP Top 100 UK #1s of the 00s

Moderators: JSparksFan, tdc2000, FreakyFlyBry

Postby JakeP » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:49 pm

heppolo wrote:
What can i say? I've always loved pop music and America has been responsible for the majority of my favourite pop moments of the 00s although my top 4 songs aren't all from America
There's a certain Kylie from Australia, I guess.
And there might be one french song (in the best case scenario), I don't think you're a big U2 fan so no songs from Ireland I suppose.
There is one Portuguese and one German number one single that can possibly be there as well, but I don't see it coming at all
P.S. The fact that Will Young is the top British acts means there is no La Roux or The Ting Tings (they would have made my top 100 UK#1s of the 00s easily)
Kylie is inevitable (her cd cover is displayed on the banner on page 1 :P ). I'm not going to give anything away though. :wink:

U2 had their best music in the 80s and early 90s. They've done the occasional good song since but nothing i've regarded as incredible. As for The Ting Tings, I didn't like That's not my name to be honest, i preferred their other track Shut up and let me go more. That's one duo whose chart success dried up incredibly quick though. :o La Roux was one of those unlucky ones who just missed the cut. I liked Bulletproof though, but I preferred her #2 hit In for the kill more, that song would've fared better.
JakeP
Manager

Postby heppolo » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:53 pm

^I preferred La Roux floptastic singles like Quicksand and I'm Not Your Toy.
But I'd rather have an 80s Yazoo-styled throwback than some of the catchy (but kinda tasteless) american earworms. But that's my usual whining.
Waffles are checked cookies
heppolo
Legend

Postby JakeP » Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:13 pm

heppolo wrote:^I preferred La Roux floptastic singles like Quicksand and I'm Not Your Toy.
But I'd rather have an 80s Yazoo-styled throwback than some of the catchy (but kinda tasteless) american earworms. But that's my usual whining.
I don't even recognise those two La Roux songs. :oops: They must've flopped terribly.

Oh i agree it was really cool to have a song like in for the kill doing so well at the time in the charts. I will admit i did tend to find her vocals a tad nasally for my liking but i overlooked that slight niggle because the song was great.

Ahh i do love a tasteless american earworm. :lol: :P
JakeP
Manager

Postby Fan » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:47 am

heppolo wrote:^I preferred La Roux floptastic singles like Quicksand and I'm Not Your Toy.
It's all about Sexotheque and Let Me Down Gently 8-)
Although In For The Kill would still be their best one for me, such a brilliant and original track. Was obsessed when that one was released.
i wanna see you on your knees, wanna see you begging
Fan
Legend

Postby Fan » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:05 am

JakeP wrote:Aww, i can even imagine Geri being excited as the prospect of having any type of chart success regardless of which country it is. :lol:

Adele did amazingly well to help set herself up for what was to become her biggest album era at that point. A bit like Rihanna, it's been amazing to watch her progress over the years to becoming one of the biggest names in pop music today. :D

Dear mr president is a truly incredible song. Shame the record label weren't willing to push the track as a single but like you say, political records weren't exactly the way to ensuring chart success. At least America got it right when they elected Obama in 2008. Just a bit sad that America went backwards by electing Trump. :roll:

I still need to relisten to this Jake Shears song. I have to admit, i had so much admiration for Jake when Scissor Sisters first started out. I loved how outrageously flamboyant he was, and oozed showmanship. <3

You've got me wondering just how many countries around the world find it acceptable to swear on tv. It's not like we don't hear it in our regular lives. It's a bit like nudity. People see their partners naked in their households but yet when it comes to british tv, you won't see naked people on daytime tv. :lol: I'm sure this is perfectly fine in Germany because i remember when my parents had the old Sky tv with a few german channels, i must've been about 11 or 12 at the time and i was flicking through the channels one afternoon and there was this programme showing a naked woman getting an oil massage from a naked guy. Luckily my parents weren't in the room otherwise i'd have felt so embarrassed had they been sat there when i flicked onto the channel. :lol:

I do like I'm like a bird quite a bit but it wasn't a song i completely loved in the way i did with Maneater. Her second album wasn't that successful in the UK so those singles didn't receive much airplay. :(

Oh totally, following on from my Adele comment, to witness the rise and rise of Rihanna has been incredible. Very few artists are capable of having a big album era, then a bigger album era, then an even bigger album era. Yet this is what Rihanna achieved and she delivered back to back glorious pop and i will always love so many of her singles. I'm hopeful that Rihanna will eventually return to her pop roots. :wink:

Urgh, i hate that attitude. These people must know that they're practically worshipped by sports fans, and comments like that just add fuel to the fire. I don't even know what these guys gain or achieve by spouting crap like this. :evil: I agree with you about the general theme of the Beautiful music video. I also remember when TLC released Unpretty, that had a similar theme too, although imo Beautiful is by far the better song.

Yay! :D LOL of course, its weird because i hardly ever use the pm function. I'm more used to just posting comments in these threads. :lol:

Which Coldplay song is your personal favourite? :wink:
Most definitely :lol: She was probably looking at all the iTunes charts when Angels In Chains was released.

I think she suffered a lot in the US for even including that song on her record, let alone release it as a single. Wasn't she even boycotted by the radio during the beginning of the I'm Not Dead-era? I remember hearing about that. It wasn't until Who Knew that the campaign started to recover, and it took a long time for Who Knew to even chart. It was completely different here in Europe and Australia.

He is!! Such a fun performer on stage and his is just so flamboyant in the most adorable way <3 I was watching a performance of them with Kylie the other day, where they performed All The Lovers and it was SOO good. And Jake was wearing the most out-there outfit which you usually only would see in some sex club :lol:

Awh, poor you! :lol: :lol: Can totally imagine the embarrassment. We are quite relaxed when it comes to nudity on television, as you can imagine, maybe sometimes even a bit too much. They even showed people having sex in a Big Brother-kind of show. And Dutch movies are known for their nudity, and don't get me wrong- I don't have anything against nudity (especially when it involves some sexy actors :P ) but sometimes it's too much. It can be a bit tacky.

It wasn't? Her second record did very well over here, songs were played loads on the radio and television so that may be why I am so familiar with them.

I also really don't understand it. It has such a big platform, so many people listen to him. And I mean, I couldn't care less about what he says or thinks, but a lot of people do. Which is sad.
Unpretty >>>> Beautiful all the way, my friend.

This thread is just your personal PM system :lol:

I would say either Yellow, Fix You, and this may be a bit of a weird one, Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall.

Ah, we have already discussed Will ofcourse. Love him and this is one of his best.
i wanna see you on your knees, wanna see you begging
Fan
Legend

Postby JakeP » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:18 pm

Fan wrote:It's all about Sexotheque and Let Me Down Gently 8-)
Although In For The Kill would still be their best one for me, such a brilliant and original track. Was obsessed when that one was released.
Gosh, i only really knew the two main singles. I don't even remember La Roux having an album tbh. :oops: Unless these were just other flop singles?
JakeP
Manager

Postby JakeP » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:35 pm

Fan wrote:Most definitely :lol: She was probably looking at all the iTunes charts when Angels In Chains was released.

I think she suffered a lot in the US for even including that song on her record, let alone release it as a single. Wasn't she even boycotted by the radio during the beginning of the I'm Not Dead-era? I remember hearing about that. It wasn't until Who Knew that the campaign started to recover, and it took a long time for Who Knew to even chart. It was completely different here in Europe and Australia.

He is!! Such a fun performer on stage and his is just so flamboyant in the most adorable way <3 I was watching a performance of them with Kylie the other day, where they performed All The Lovers and it was SOO good. And Jake was wearing the most out-there outfit which you usually only would see in some sex club :lol:

Awh, poor you! :lol: :lol: Can totally imagine the embarrassment. We are quite relaxed when it comes to nudity on television, as you can imagine, maybe sometimes even a bit too much. They even showed people having sex in a Big Brother-kind of show. And Dutch movies are known for their nudity, and don't get me wrong- I don't have anything against nudity (especially when it involves some sexy actors :P ) but sometimes it's too much. It can be a bit tacky.

It wasn't? Her second record did very well over here, songs were played loads on the radio and television so that may be why I am so familiar with them.

I also really don't understand it. It has such a big platform, so many people listen to him. And I mean, I couldn't care less about what he says or thinks, but a lot of people do. Which is sad.
Unpretty >>>> Beautiful all the way, my friend.

This thread is just your personal PM system :lol:

I would say either Yellow, Fix You, and this may be a bit of a weird one, Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall.

Ah, we have already discussed Will ofcourse. Love him and this is one of his best.
LOL refreshing the screen every couple of minutes to see if she had climbed 1 place. :lol: :P

Oh i really wouldn't know, i've never really followed the US charts in great detail. I just know that they had some hideous #1s in the 00s thanks to all the urban radio stations playing those songs en masse. :x No surprise about Australia though, P!nk is their pop icon probably more highly regarded than the likes of Beyonce and Rihanna.

I love how daring Jake Shear is, and how he has the confidence to pull it off. All the lovers <3 Such a gorgeous song, i would love for Kylie to have a big comeback with another gem like this.

It's the two biggest extremes between the UK and europe; swearing and nudity. I just know that if i were to watch a tv show full of naked people and my parents walked in on me before i had chance to change the channel, i would be super embarrassed. It's always preferred to watch tv in my bedroom as that way they would never know what i was watching. :wink:

Ahh i think in the UK our radio stations expressed very little interest in Nelly Furtado during her second album campaign so that must've had some negative impact on her chart success. She sure turned things around though with Maneater. I think the UK would've been mad to ignore this song whilst it became such a massive hit all over the world. Thankfully it was successful and richly deserved.

Ohh so you prefer TLC's track? :D I do like that song though, although i loved No scrubs. :lol: But Beautiful will always be a classic song to me.

LOL what do you mean this thread? Don't you mean any thread i've created? :lol:

Fix you <3 Now that is my absolute favourite Coldplay single. It's one of those songs that really impacts me emotionally, its such a beautiful song. Aww, there's nothing weird about Every teardrop is a waterfall. I loved that song too but then coming from me that's a tad predictable. :P

Will Young <3 One of the best newcomers of the 00s and i'm so happy he got the opportunity to release Friday's child because that album really made people sit up and start paying more attention.
JakeP
Manager

Postby JakeP » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:50 pm

04. Madonna - Hung up
Year > 2005
Ranking > 1/10

"time goes by...so slowly" sings Madonna. Really? Well, 2017 seems to have flown by. :lol:

Madonna gets her highest entry in my countdown with the euphoric anthem Hung up. As i've stated a few times already during this countdown, the main inspiration behind this idea stemmed from Akini's Tribute to Madonna which took place earlier this year. Coincidentally, Hung up was ranked fourth in Akini's countdown, and now the track has finished in fourth place here. :P

I'm not sure how accurate this is but i think Hung up is Madonna's biggest selling single worldwide eclipsing such signature tunes like Like a prayer, Vogue and Music. The biggest coup was getting ABBA's Benny and Björn to clear the sample of Gimme gimme gimme (a man after midnight). That classic highly recognised synth melody was put to tremendous use on Hung up and there's no doubt it played a crucial part in helping the song become such a global success.

It also introduced the Confessions on a dancefloor era which was just as fabulous and Madonna once again reigned as the undisputed queen of pop.

JakeP
Manager

Postby SummerPeur » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:00 pm

heppolo wrote:
What can i say? I've always loved pop music and America has been responsible for the majority of my favourite pop moments of the 00s although my top 4 songs aren't all from America
There's a certain Kylie from Australia, I guess.
Yes girl, give us that read 8-).

Will Young - Actually had no idea about this song. Not the biggest fan, but it's an alright. Wouldn't make any of my playlists TBH.

"time goes by...so slowly"
Such an iconic line. I think everyone knows exactly what song is coming up as soon as they hear it.

Hung up is Madonna's biggest selling single worldwide eclipsing such signature tunes
undisputed queen of pop
I didn't know this either - I actually thought 4 minutes was :lol:

Madonna definitely is a Queen of Pop 8-). Her ability to reinvent is A game.
Yeah, I Bloom
I, Bloom Just For You
I Bloom, Just For Youuuuu
SummerPeur
Superstar

Postby JakeP » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:13 pm

SummerPeur wrote:Yes girl, give us that read 8-).
Gurl be patient. :lol:

SummerPeur wrote:Will Young - Actually had no idea about this song. Not the biggest fan, but it's an alright. Wouldn't make any of my playlists TBH.
Aww, Will is easily one of my favourite male singers from the 00s and even now i'm always interested when he brings out new music. That voice is so amazing. <3

SummerPeur wrote:
"time goes by...so slowly"
Such an iconic line. I think everyone knows exactly what song is coming up as soon as they hear it.

Hung up is Madonna's biggest selling single worldwide eclipsing such signature tunes
undisputed queen of pop
I didn't know this either - I actually thought 4 minutes was :lol:

Madonna definitely is a Queen of Pop 8-). Her ability to reinvent is A game.
It really is, pop music doesn't come more instant than this. Oh is it really 4 minutes? :oops: I would never have thought that, Hung up seemed to be massive at the time so it was more of a guess than anything else. Madonna is the queen of reinvention for sure. Her ability to keep evolving over time and releasing some amazing songs has really helped Madonna to etch her name in the history of popular culture.
JakeP
Manager

Postby heppolo » Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:08 am

One of the worst Madonna's singles, ruining an ABBA classic with that sampling, damn. (and she had so many classic songs).
There's barely anything worse than being desperate and that was Madonna's attitude with "Hung Up"
heppolo
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:17 pm

Ah, "Beautiful" is an anthem. I absolutely love it. Christina's done some phenomenal ballads over the course of her career, but "Beautiful" is her best one, though "Hurt" isn't far behind.

"Viva la Vida" is similarly brilliant. It's my favourite Coldplay song, in fact. It's one of those songs you can have on repeat for a full day and never tire of hearing it.

From one winner to the next! I was introduced to "Leave Right Now" way after 2003, in 2010, when American Idol used it as the exit song for their ninth season. As terrific as "Bad Day" is, "Leave Right Now" is the best song they've ever used as the exit song.

I love that "Hung Up" ended up at #4 here, too! :lol: Did 00s dance-pop get any better than "Hung Up"? If so, I certainly didn't hear it. Thanks for the free promo, by the way! 8-)

JakeP wrote:Which Nelly Furtado song is your personal favourite? :wink:
"All Good Things (Come to an End)".

JakeP wrote:Merry christmas Akini, hope you had an amazing day and got all you wanted of Santa. :P
I got the day off from work, so Santa came through well enough this year. :lol: Happy holidays to you, too! :D
And the category is: LIVE. WORK. POSE!
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby JakeP » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:08 pm

heppolo wrote:One of the worst Madonna's singles, ruining an ABBA classic with that sampling, damn. (and she had so many classic songs).
There's barely anything worse than being desperate and that was Madonna's attitude with "Hung Up"
LOL well i can't say this comment shocks me as i know you're a lot more alternative. But i really don't consider Madonna was being desperate.

Well, i love Hung up so much and for me its one of the best songs of the 00s, so we'll have to agree to disagree. :P
JakeP
Manager

Postby heppolo » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:14 pm

JakeP wrote:
heppolo wrote:One of the worst Madonna's singles, ruining an ABBA classic with that sampling, damn. (and she had so many classic songs).
LOL well i can't say this comment shocks me as i know you're a lot more alternative. But i really don't consider Madonna was being desperate.

Well, i love Hung up so much and for me its one of the best songs of the 00s, so we'll have to agree to disagree. :P
I like some of Madonna's singles, especially ''Frozen'', ''What It Feels Like For A Girl'', most of her 80s catalogue.
Out of her 2000s catalogue my favourite singles were ''Love Profusion'' and ''Music''.
Why do I consider ''Hung Up'' and that whole era desperate? Madonna tried her best to stay relevant, used the most famous names as the featured artists at the time, reverted to sampling and dance pop tunes. However, at that time she could have been creatively free, done some bonkers Bjork collab again and issue something really outlandish.
Last edited by heppolo on Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
heppolo
Legend

Postby JakeP » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:24 pm

JSparksFan wrote:Ah, "Beautiful" is an anthem. I absolutely love it. Christina's done some phenomenal ballads over the course of her career, but "Beautiful" is her best one, though "Hurt" isn't far behind.

"Viva la Vida" is similarly brilliant. It's my favourite Coldplay song, in fact. It's one of those songs you can have on repeat for a full day and never tire of hearing it.

From one winner to the next! I was introduced to "Leave Right Now" way after 2003, in 2010, when American Idol used it as the exit song for their ninth season. As terrific as "Bad Day" is, "Leave Right Now" is the best song they've ever used as the exit song.

I love that "Hung Up" ended up at #4 here, too! :lol: Did 00s dance-pop get any better than "Hung Up"? If so, I certainly didn't hear it. Thanks for the free promo, by the way! 8-)
I actually prefer Hurt that little bit more than Beautiful but they are my personal favourite top 2 Christina songs.

Ohh well as much as i love Coldplay i'm sure even i would get fed up Viva la vida if i heard on repeat for 24 hours. I'd be in serious need of another song. :lol:

I vaguely remember although i never watched American idol so i must've read about it online. Did it become a hit in America for Will?

Yay, love for Hung up. In fact, i original wrote #7 as that position stuck out to me for some reason but then i doubled checked and realised i'd got mixed up, but then i realised it just happen to be the same chart position. As for as 00s dance-pop goes i would argue that one song eclipse it... :P But i'm gonna guess that you're not as keen on this track as much as are with Madonna's anthem. Free promo is always good, especially when said thread is the one that inspired me to do this top 100. :D

JSparksFan wrote:
JakeP wrote:Which Nelly Furtado song is your personal favourite? :wink:
"All Good Things (Come to an End)".

JakeP wrote:Merry christmas Akini, hope you had an amazing day and got all you wanted of Santa. :P
I got the day off from work, so Santa came through well enough this year. :lol: Happy holidays to you, too! :D
I do love All good things (come to an end), i love the song title alone because as a phrase its so true. Plus, iirc it was co-written with Chris Martin so again it was always going to be amazing. :P

That's awesome. We don't work christmas day or boxing day in the UK as they're bank holidays. But i had to go into work on Wednesday for half a day and i really didn't want to be there. :cry: :lol: It's the biggest downside to christmas. There's all this build up and before you know it, christmas has been and gone and i'm like...eh? :cry: :P But i can relax now and enjoy a long weekend. :D
JakeP
Manager

Postby JakeP » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:35 pm

heppolo wrote:I like some of Madonna's singles, especially ''Frozen'', ''What It Feels Like For A Girl'', most of her 80s catalogue.
Out of her 2000s catalogue my favourite singles were ''Love Profusion'' and ''Music''.
Why do I consider ''Hung Up'' and that whole era desperate? Madonna tried her best to stay relevant, used the most famous names as the featured artists at the time, reverted to sampling and dance pop tunes. However, at that time she could have been creatively free, done some bonkers Bjork collab again and issue something really outlandish.
Frozen is amazing. This what the song that introduced me to Madonna which led to me discovering more of her earlier music. As you'll know from this countdown i think Music is such a brilliant track.

However, i think the reason why i thought Confessions... was flawless was because it followed the rather drab and tinny sounding American life, and i've always thought the songs on that album sounded worse because the production was so plastic. As much as i like Love profuson, it would've sounded so much more amazing had it been produced more in vein with Confessions... beefier sounding club beats.

For me, Madonna walking the fine line between commercial radio friendly pop and dance music was always going to be more appealing.
JakeP
Manager

Postby heppolo » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:38 pm

As much as i like Love profuson, it would've sounded so much more amazing had it been produced more in vein with Confessions... beefier sounding club beats.
It wouldn't felt as intimate though. American Life was a patchy album, it was like a puzzle in which pieces simply didn't fit together.
heppolo
Legend

Postby JakeP » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:07 pm

heppolo wrote:It wouldn't felt as intimate though. American Life was a patchy album, it was like a puzzle in which pieces simply didn't fit together.
I don't even think it sounds intimate, although it could've ticked this box had the song been stripped all those tinny drums from the early 80s kids keyboard sound and been left as a minimalistic ballad. Just Madonna's vocals with some delicate piano and stirring strings. Now that could've been gorgeous and intimate.

I agree with your comment, nicely put. :lol: If anything, i'd say Madonna needed Confessions... because had Hard candy been the follow up to American life i dread to think what might've become of Madonna by the late 00s.
JakeP
Manager

Postby JakeP » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:57 pm

03. Britney Spears - Toxic
Year > 2004
Ranking > 1/8

Here comes that word again....ICONIC :P

Britney Spears was a force to be reckoned with throughout the 00s. Everything about Britney's music career and personal life has been well documented thanks to the continued rise of the internet. Whilst hits like Oops!...i did it again are bonafide pop bops, its the insanely epic Toxic that will always stand head and shoulders above everything else. Aside from debut single Baby one more time, if one single really excelled Britney's career back to the top of planet pop, its surely this song.

Everything about Toxic is genius, from the quirky cool nature of the song to its ultra slick and stunning music video. Plus everything in between. In fact, when i think back to when this song first started getting airplay it had the type of pr and marketing campaign usually tailor made for lead singles off a new album. However, in this instance Toxic was the second single released from In the zone. The lukewarm reception to lead single Me against the music must've had label bosses panicking. After all, it only featured Madonna. How could a new single with Britney & Madonna perform so averagely? Well, perhaps the average song might've been the reason why? :lol:

Maybe this is why Toxic has always been hailed as one of the ultimate pop moments of the 00s. For a pop song, it was certainly a lot more pioneering and experimental with its Bollywood string sample to provide the song with a rich exotic flavour. Even these days, the video remains as captivating as ever, and i still get a sense of excitement whenever i hear the intro to the song. :D

JakeP
Manager

Postby JSparksFan » Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:05 am

Damn, which two songs beat "Toxic"? I'm curious to know. :lol:

Suffice to say, I think "Toxic" is one of the best songs of all-time. A case could be made for it being Britney's magnum opus.
And the category is: LIVE. WORK. POSE!
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby SummerPeur » Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:22 am

JakeP wrote:

Gurl be patient.
:lol:
JSparksFan wrote:Damn, which two songs beat "Toxic"? I'm curious to know. :lol:
Ohhhhh myyyyyyyyy goddddddd. Girlllllllllllllll, my body is ready for this 8-)

Toxic...... oh to think it was a Kylie throw away. My good sis didn't know what she was doing :lol: . But I still LOVE Britney and Toxic. Such a massive song that still sounds fresh today and deserves a few spins every now and then.

Great to see it within the Top 3 truly deserving!
Yeah, I Bloom
I, Bloom Just For You
I Bloom, Just For Youuuuu
SummerPeur
Superstar

Postby heppolo » Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:02 am

''Toxic'' is not really my thing, but in terms of pop music it really delivered a proper catchy tunes.
But gotta remember that bhangra music sampling controversy as well.
heppolo
Legend

Postby JakeP » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:13 pm

Suffice to say, I think "Toxic" is one of the best songs of all-time. A case could be made for it being Britney's magnum opus.
All will be revealed by this time tomorrow. :wink:

For me, a big part of what makes Toxic so special is that it sounded like Britney's natural progression after two years of hit singles that all had that late 90s Max Martin production.

By switching things, thats what helped to establish Britney as the new princess of pop. :wink:
JakeP
Manager

Postby JakeP » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:15 pm

SummerPeur wrote:
JakeP wrote:

Gurl be patient.
:lol:
Ohhhhh myyyyyyyyy goddddddd. Girlllllllllllllll, my body is ready for this 8-)

Toxic...... oh to think it was a Kylie throw away. My good sis didn't know what she was doing :lol: . But I still LOVE Britney and Toxic. Such a massive song that still sounds fresh today and deserves a few spins every now and then.

Great to see it within the Top 3 truly deserving!
Ohh was Toxic really given to Kylie first? :o Interesting to think she rejected the song as i think even with Kylie on vocal duties, it would've smashed hard. The production on the track is just as crucial to the songs success as the vocals and melody. :D
JakeP
Manager

Postby JakeP » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:17 pm

heppolo wrote:''Toxic'' is not really my thing, but in terms of pop music it really delivered a proper catchy tunes.
But gotta remember that bhangra music sampling controversy as well.
I don't remember any controversy. :oops: But i agree that it really helped to shake the foundations of pop music, and shaped the way pop music was going to evolve over the coming years.
JakeP
Manager

Return to Personal Charts