JakeP Top 100 UK #1s of the 00s

Moderators: JSparksFan, tdc2000, FreakyFlyBry

Postby JakeP » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:17 pm

SummerPeur wrote:God I hate bad romance.

The reason is not because so much of the song. But because it was playing in my gym as I was running on the treadmill, when I got a text from my BF at the time dumping me.

So you know, I kinda hate it now as it's associated with me crying while running on that treadmill like a complete mess :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for an amazing countdown!!! Thank-you for also letting me be a apart of it and putting up with my Kylie-skewed comments :D. You did an amazing job! x
Aww, that's terrible. :cry: The fact he dumped you via text tells me more about the other guy. Me thinks you're better off, although i totally get the devastation. :(

Shame that you now have such a bad experience to associate with Bad romance. Aww, not at all. I'm so happy you helped to make this thread successful. Thanks so much for the kind comments. xx
JakeP
Manager

Postby Fan » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:58 am

JakeP wrote:Happy new year to you as well Fan. :D <3

Yes, i watched that performance and was like :o :D !!! P!nk is one of those artists who continues to push boundaries. Who else would've thought of doing a whole performance on the side of a building...without resorting to cgi graphics for effect. It looked so incredibly cool and this is another reason why P!nk is so highly regarded. I also agree 100% about her attitude and personality, she really comes seem like the most awesome woman you could ever wish to meet.

Ohh wow, i've never really liked Slow. I put it down to the production of the song rather than the song itself. It's like when i listen to Hollywood or Love profusion by Madonna, i find that tinny production really off putting and for me, it cheapens the song. :oops: That said, some of those semi naked guys in the Slow music video are...mmm!!! :lol: :P I totally agree about All the lovers, such a shame that couldn't get to #1 in the UK but it had some decent longevity at the time. I love how pure the song is from the song to the stunning visuals of the music video.

It's quite strange why Nelly Furtado seemed to fall out of favour so quickly. She had the world in the palm of her hands between 2006-2007. Maybe deciding to follow up Loose with an all spanish language album hindered her continued success. Perhaps had she gone with another english language album instead of Mi plan, that might've helped keep her career on track success wise.

What do you mean sounds like? That is a typical night out playlist. Only the best juiciest pop songs for Jakey boy. :P :lol: Oh do you mean that pink leotard? :lol: Tbh, i really have little interest in showbiz gossip columns because most of the time journalists write absolute crap either out of sheer jealousy or because they're nothing more than a nasty selfish "see you next Tuesday". :evil: I would be so happy for Madonna to come back hard in 2018 is really own it once again. I mean, when those first tracks from Rebel heart were released i fell in love with Ghosttown instantly. I'm ready to fall in love all over again. :lol:

2018 could be a truly fabulous year if all our pop queens return strong with solid gold pop gems. I know the music industry is so different now to 10-20 years ago but i'm so here for a Kylie comeback of absolute huge proportions. :D

LOL the Right round red herring was literally a last minute joke thrown in for comic timing. :lol: I love how you've described everything about Bad romance. For me, it still even today feels like it was so much more than just another solid pop song. It was like a complete package, filled with so many fantastic goodies. I hadn't thought about the Alexander McQueen fashion show. For me, it's virtually the Vogue of the 00s. :wink: LOL yes, her performance was so kooky yet captivating to watch. Who knew a bathtub could be so iconic? :lol:

Aww, it's been great doing this countdown of definitive 00s classics and for me to also get to know you guys more. But the fun won't stop here, as i've now started my year end countdown. The fun continues over there. :P
Thank you!! :D

The performance gave me a lot of anxious feelings though. That was just by watching it, let alone actually doing it! She is pretty insane, in the best way possible :lol:

Awh, shame! I think Slow is just fantastic, such a sensual song and suited Kylie perfectly. That video, heh :wink: Kylie knows her fanbase soo well. I went to see her X tour and she had so many half-naked, buff male dancers on stage. Who at some point seemed to get a bigger reaction from the audiende than Kylie herself. Without reaching #1, I think All The Lovers still did very, very well for her.

I am sure releasing a Spanish album didn't really help her in the long run, no.

:lol: :lol:
True!
Yeah, and I wasn't even thinking about the tabloids but usually people I just speak in person. Who are always like 'great song, but she shouldn't have worn that' and I am always like 'what?' It is quite a misogynist thing to say to be honest. Let the woman wear what she wants to wear.

Yaas! I mean we know Kylie is coming back at least. Maybe some new Britney/Madonna/GaGa as well? Rihanna is bound to release new music. Could it be time for Beyonce as well? So many questions :lol:

I know! And poor Dermot trying to ask some questions afterwards, felt soo awkward.

I think you should do a UK #2 of the 00s list as well :P
i wanna see you on your knees, wanna see you begging
Fan
Legend

Postby JakeP » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:00 pm

Fan wrote:Thank you!! :D

The performance gave me a lot of anxious feelings though. That was just by watching it, let alone actually doing it! She is pretty insane, in the best way possible :lol:

Awh, shame! I think Slow is just fantastic, such a sensual song and suited Kylie perfectly. That video, heh :wink: Kylie knows her fanbase soo well. I went to see her X tour and she had so many half-naked, buff male dancers on stage. Who at some point seemed to get a bigger reaction from the audiende than Kylie herself. Without reaching #1, I think All The Lovers still did very, very well for her.

I am sure releasing a Spanish album didn't really help her in the long run, no.

:lol: :lol:
True!
Yeah, and I wasn't even thinking about the tabloids but usually people I just speak in person. Who are always like 'great song, but she shouldn't have worn that' and I am always like 'what?' It is quite a misogynist thing to say to be honest. Let the woman wear what she wants to wear.

Yaas! I mean we know Kylie is coming back at least. Maybe some new Britney/Madonna/GaGa as well? Rihanna is bound to release new music. Could it be time for Beyonce as well? So many questions :lol:

I know! And poor Dermot trying to ask some questions afterwards, felt soo awkward.

I think you should do a UK #2 of the 00s list as well :P
Aww, why did it make you anxious? P!nk knows what she's doing and there's no way she would go on live tv and attempt an incredible stunt and risk something tragic going wrong. P!nk is like the ultimate professional and she sure knows how to put on a show, or in this case performance. It's like when Try was released and she performed the choreography from the music video live (maybe at the Grammie awards 2013?) and the whole time she was being flung around the stage, you could clearly tell she was singing live. Such an inspirational artist in general. <3

LOL yes, i think semi naked male dancers and Kylie are synonymous with each other, and i ain't gonna complain about that. :lol: :wink: All the lovers was a well deserved hit regardless of where it peaked in the charts.

Thinking about it, i'm actually convinced going spanish hindered her success globally. Perhaps she thought it'd perform similarly to Jennifer Lopez's 2007 album Como ama una mujer but even that album was pretty much ignored in the UK. The timing was also an issue. With J Lo, she returned hard in 2011 with On the floor and got the whole entire world bopping to her global smash. Whereas Nelly came back with the not very radio friendly Big Hoops (bigger the better) which i suspect left a lot of her UK fans a bit puzzled as to what she was trying to achieve. I mean, i liked it because it was quirky but even then it was no Maneater or Say it right.

Madonna knew what she doing by wearing that pink leotard. She just knows how to get people talking, and she achieved the feat all over again with the Hung up music video. There is always going to be somebody who isn't happy when Madonna dares to do something radical. :lol:

The one artist who could blow everyone else out of the water in 2018 is Ariana Grande. It's just a gut feeling but after what she went through after that dreadful bomb attack at her Manchester concert, and how she handled that situation afterwards flying back to the UK to visit those injured fans, and then putting together the One love Manchester concert, she raised her public profile significantly and i predict her lead single off the new album will be an instant #1 on both sides of the atlantic. :D

To be fair Dermot had a multitude of awkward moments on The x factor interviewing several acts. For e.g. the late Whitney Houston after her dress became undone midway through her performance of Million dollar bill and she spent the remainder of her performance trying to sort her dress out whilst the backing track kept on playing. :lol: Or when Robbie Williams performed Bodies and the big doors didn't open on cue leaving Robbie to prise them open. Both of them looked quite pissed off afterwards. Poor Dermot was like a lamb in the lions den. :lol:

It might well happen at some point later in 2018 as the idea started circulating after i started this. I never had that intention but i was pleasantly surprised at how responsive people became to this thread, and i loved that. I love the idea of bringing people together in a really cool way, and celebrating my favourite #1s of the 00s was one of those occasions. <3
JakeP
Manager

Return to Personal Charts