Moderators: tdc2000, FreakyFlyBry

Postby bluecherry » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:15 pm

ARTISTS DIRECTORY

33 #1 singles: Mariah Carey

13 #1 singles: Ariana Grande

7 #1 singles: K. Michelle
6 #1 singles: Fifth Harmony, Kelly Clarkson

3 #1 singles: Jordin Sparks
Last edited by bluecherry on Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:31 pm, edited 15 times in total.
bluecherry
Manager

Postby bluecherry » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:16 pm

Reserved 2 :)
bluecherry
Manager

Postby bluecherry » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:17 pm

Reserved 3! :oops:
bluecherry
Manager

Postby bluecherry » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:17 pm

We're back!

Demi Lovato earns her third ever number one following 'La La Land' in 2008, and 'Heart Attack' in 2013. She has become the only ex-Disney act to reach number one this year, as Selena Gomez and Miley Cyrus both failed to even crack the top five ('Fetish' reached #34, and 'Malibu' peaked at #8). Considering it has been 4 years since her last number one, and the success of both 'Sorry Not Sorry' (#11 peak, platinum certification) and 'Tell Me You Love Me' reaching a new peak of #12 this week, it could be considered her most successful era to date, already.

Last week's number one (Gabrielle Aplin's first), slips to #2 after one week on the top spot. 'Waking Up Slow' reached the top spot on its fourth week. K. Michelle becomes the only song to debut in the top 3 since Kesha's 'Praying' debuted at the top spot earlier this year - this is quite an achievement. The ballad outperforms the two previous singles ('Either Way' peaked at #30, 'Birthday' peaked at #32). K. Michelle has become a staple of chart success since she debuted here in 2014 with 'Can't Raise a Man'. If it reached number 1, it could become her seventh number one, after hitting the top spot twice last year! Maty Noyes' first chart hit continues to climb with 'Say it To My Face' climbing to #4.

Former number ones 'He Like That' by Fifth Harmony and 'LMK' by Kelela fall a couple places but hold well. J Balvin and Willy William's first top ten hit 'Mi Gente' reaches #7 thanks to the help of Beyonce (the most successful artist on this chart ever). It becomes the 3rd most successful Spanish language song of the year after 'Reggaeton Lento' and 'Nuestro Planeta'. Calvin Harris, Kehlani and Lil Yachty's 'Faking It' climbs to 9, becoming Lil Yachty's highest peaking song, and the third highest peaking song from his monster smash album 'Funk Wav Bounces, Vol 1'.

Fifth Harmony reach a new peak with promo single 'Deliver' at #16, outpeaking its debut of #21. The song becomes the fourth from the '7/27' to reach the top 20. Jessie Ware's latest hit 'Selfish Love' reaches a new peak of #18, and despite 'Midnight' peaking higher, 'Selfish Love' has already outperformed it. Kara Marni also climbs one place in her fifth week with her first appearence on the chart: 'Golden' looks set to continue to climb.

Sabrina Claudio also notes her first chart appearence with 'Frozen' - the song is definitely one to watch with its smooth instrumental and vocals. Kelela notes her third position as a lead artist with 'Blue Light' being her second top 30 hit behind her two-week number one 'LMK'. GoldLink climbs into the top 40, giving him his first top 40 hit. With respected featured artists KAYTRANADA and Jazmine Sullivan, its no surprise. Shania Twain rebounds into the top 40 following the release of 'Now' - 'Poor Me' originally peaked at #9 upon its release.

Camila Cabello earns her second top 40 it as 'Havana' climbs from #41 to #37 in its tenth week. Banks and Becky G both scrape into the top 40 with 'Underdog' and 'Mayores'.

01 (02) 05 | Demi Lovato - You Don’t Do It For Me Anymore / 1 (P)
02 (01) 05 | Gabrielle Aplin - Waking Up Slow / 1 (P)
03 (NE) 01 | K. Michelle - Make This Song Cry / 3
04 (05) 05 | Maty Noyes - Say It To My Face / 4 (P)
05 (04) 05 | Janine - Friends / 3 (P)
06 (03) 07 | Fifth Harmony - He Like That / 1 (2x P)
07 (08) 02 | J Balvin & Willy William ft/ Beyonce - Mi Gente / 7 (G)
08 (07) 10 | Kelela - LMK / 1 (3x P)
09 (10) 04 | Calvin Harris ft/ Kehlani & Lil Yachty - Faking It / 9 (G)
10 (06) 07 | Lorde ft/ SZA, Khalid & Post Malone - Homemade Dynamite / 3 (P)
11 (09) 06 | Paloma Faith - Cry Baby / 9 (P)
12 (24) 07 | Demi Lovato - Tell Me You Love Me / 12 (G)
13 (11) 07 | Jorja Smith & Preditah - On My Mind / 3 (P)
14 (14) 07 | Justine Skye ft/ Jeremih - Back for More / 14 (G)
15 (15) 04 | Lana Del Rey - White Mustang / 15 (G)
16 (21) 05 | Fifth Harmony - Deliver / 16 (G)
17 (13) 13 | Cardi B - Bodak Yellow / 2 (2x P)
18 (22) 06 | Jessie Ware - Selfish Love / 18 (G)
19 (20) 05 | Kara Marni - Golden / 19
20 (12) 09 | Stefflon Don & French Montana - Hurtin' Me / 5 (P)
21 (19) 08 | SZA - Normal Girl / 2 (P)
22 (16) 07 | Kali Uchis ft/ Reykon - Nuestro Planeta / 7 (P)
23 (NE) 01 | Sabrina Claudio - Frozen / 23
24 (18) 14 | Yo Gotti & Mike WiLL Made-It ft/ Nicki Minaj - Rake it Up / 15 (P)
25 (17) 04 | Toni Braxton - Deadwood / 13 (G)
26 (NE) 01 | Kelela - Blue Light / 26
27 (23) 10 | Cassie ft/ G-Eazy - Love a Loser / 20 (G)
28 (26) 05 | ZAYN ft/ Sia - Dusk at Dawn / 16
29 (25) 19 | Shawn Mendes - There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back / 1 (3x P)
30 (27) 09 | Fifth Harmony - Angel / 4 (P)
31 (28) 06 | Maroon 5 ft/ SZA - What Lovers Do / 25
32 (29) 17 | DJ Khaled ft/ Bryson Tiller & Rihanna - Wild Thoughts / 1 (4x P)
33 (37) 06 | GoldLink ft/ Jazmine Sullivan & KAYTRANADA - Meditation / 33
34 (62) 12 | Shania Twain - Poor Me / 9 (P)
35 (31) 03 | Demi Lovato - Sexy Dirty Love / 31
36 (30) 04 | NAO - Nostalgia / 11
37 (41) 10 | Camila Cabello ft/ Young Thug - Havana / 37
38 (32) 05 | K. Michelle - Birthday / 32
39 (NE) 01 | Banks - Underdog / 39
40 (NE) 01 | Becky G ft/ Bad Bunny - Mayores / 40
Last edited by bluecherry on Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
bluecherry
Manager

Postby JakeP » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:23 pm

Hi bluecherry :D

Yay a personal chart resurrection. :lol:

1 (2) 5 | Demi Lovato - You Don’t Do It For Me Anymore / 1 (P)

Aww, i'm so happy to see this at #1. It's by far my favourite of the Demi songs i've heard from the album. Got to #6 in my chart a few weeks ago.

My other favourites in your chart are:

7 (8) 2 | J Balvin & Willy William ft/ Beyonce - Mi Gente / 7 (G)
10 (6) 7 | Lorde ft/ SZA, Khalid & Post Malone - Homemade Dynamite / 3 (P)
11 (9) 6 | Paloma Faith - Cry Baby / 9 (P)
15 (15) 4 | Lana Del Rey - White Mustang / 15 (G)
20 (12) 9 | Stefflon Don & French Montana - Hurtin' Me / 5 (P)
28 (26) 5 | ZAYN ft/ Sia - Dusk at Dawn / 16
30 (27) 9 | Fifth Harmony - Angel / 4 (P)
31 (28) 6 | Maroon 5 ft/ SZA - What Lovers Do / 25
32 (29) 17 | DJ Khaled ft/ Bryson Tiller & Rihanna - Wild Thoughts / 1 (4x P)
34 (62) 12 | Shania Twain - Poor Me / 9 (P)
JakeP
Manager

Postby bluecherry » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:25 pm

JakeP wrote:Hi bluecherry :D

Yay a personal chart resurrection. :lol:
Aww, i'm so happy to see this at #1. It's by far my favourite of the Demi songs i've heard from the album. Got to #6 in my chart a few weeks ago.
Hey!
Glad to see your comment! I really love the song: she doesn't sound screechy anymore and she's a lot less cringeworthy and I'm really here for it. I'm just waiting for 'Daddy Issues' to be released :lol:
Also, great to see you like so many songs!
bluecherry
Manager

Postby phoenix98 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:30 pm

bluecherry wrote:01 (02) 05 | Demi Lovato - You Don’t Do It For Me Anymore / 1 (P)
• First off: WELCOME BACK!!! :D
• Although she's certainly got the voice to pull it off, Demi's more soulful-style this era hasn't been resonating with as much as some of her previous (poppier) stuff. Looks like it's been the opposite situation for you, though!
• Glad to see that "Crybaby" managed to crack your Top 10! It didn't hit me quite as hard as "Picking Up The Pieces" or "Only Love Can Hurt Like This", but it's definitely catchy, and I really appreciate its message (especially now that hyper-masculinity seems to becoming even more popular/mainstream again...not that it ever really went away.) "you don't have to 'man-up', that phrase kinda sucks..."
• "Angel" is definitely my favorite of everything I've heard off Fifth Harmony. It's been gut-wrenching to watch this era flop so hard on official charts, though :cry: Especially right after they seemed to FINALLY truly break through with "Worth It" and "Work From Home" (and even "All In My Head (Flex)", somewhat...)
• The chorus of "What Lovers Do" is one of the most instantly-infectious I've heard all year. For having such a "PLAY IT AGAIN! PLAY IT AGAIN!" effect right off the bat, I still haven't burnt out on it either...

Yet another chart that totally does it for me, blue! :D
phoenix98
Legend

Postby bluecherry » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:24 pm

phoenix98 wrote:
bluecherry wrote:01 (02) 05 | Demi Lovato - You Don’t Do It For Me Anymore / 1 (P)
• First off: WELCOME BACK!!! :D
• Although she's certainly got the voice to pull it off, Demi's more soulful-style this era hasn't been resonating with as much as some of her previous (poppier) stuff. Looks like it's been the opposite situation for you, though!
• Glad to see that "Crybaby" managed to crack your Top 10! It didn't hit me quite as hard as "Picking Up The Pieces" or "Only Love Can Hurt Like This", but it's definitely catchy, and I really appreciate its message (especially now that hyper-masculinity seems to becoming even more popular/mainstream again...not that it ever really went away.) "you don't have to 'man-up', that phrase kinda sucks..."
• "Angel" is definitely my favorite of everything I've heard off Fifth Harmony. It's been gut-wrenching to watch this era flop so hard on official charts, though :cry: Especially right after they seemed to FINALLY truly break through with "Worth It" and "Work From Home" (and even "All In My Head (Flex)", somewhat...)
• The chorus of "What Lovers Do" is one of the most instantly-infectious I've heard all year. For having such a "PLAY IT AGAIN! PLAY IT AGAIN!" effect right off the bat, I still haven't burnt out on it either...

Yet another chart that totally does it for me, blue! :D
Great to read your comment!
-I feel like I'm enjoying her new music a bit more, possibly because for me, other than the singles, 'Confident' was a really weak effort. I just want to see pop supreme 'Daddy Issues' be given the singles treatment.
-I really enjoy 'Crybaby' - although I agree with your sentiment completely that it hasn't got that gutwrenching feeling that some of her former singles had.
-It's actually so sad to watch their best album do so awfully on the charts. I'm hoping there's something they can do to salvage the era, but I'm not quite sure how. I'd love to see 'Lonely Night' or 'Don't Say You Love Me' released as singles, but it feels far fetched.
-'What Lovers Do' has to be my favourite Maroon 5 song since 'One More Night' for me. It's such a great pop song and SZA's voice is so suited for some reason - she has to be my breakout artist of the year.

Glad you're happy to see me back!
bluecherry
Manager

Postby bluecherry » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:30 pm

2017, Week 2: High debut from Shania

Last week’s number one by Demi Lovato holds on to the top spot for a second week, also reaching Platinum status. ‘You Don’t Do It For Me Anymore’ marks her second multiple-week number one, and her second consecutive (after ‘Heart Attack’). K. Michelle continues to climb following her debut at #3 last week. The R&B singer has not only achieved the highest debut since ‘Praying’ by Kesha debuted upon the top, but also looks set to become one of the fastest climbing number ones next week. Maty Noyes earns her first top three single as ‘Say It To My Face’ finally reaches #3 in its’ sixth week.

Country superstar Shania Twain experiences a phenomenal rebound into the top five with ‘Poor Me’ outpeaking its former peak of #9. This new high of #4 marks her first top five single in 14 years, she becomes the artist with the second longest gap between top five singles, behind only Donna Summer with 17 years (1991-2008). It’s more good news for the Canadian icon, as her latest single ‘Who’s Gonna Be Your Girl’ debuts at #7, becoming her highest debut of this album release, and the highest new entry this week. The infectious song helps her become the first artist to have two songs in the top ten simultaneously as lead artist since Fifth Harmony last month.

Fifth Harmony earn their fourth top ten single this era with ‘Deliver’ reaching a new peak of #6. The infectious song is one of my personal highlights of the era and helps them continue to smash on my charts. Calvin Harris, Kehlani and Lil Yachty are stagnant at #9 in their fifth week, and other top ten singles from last week fall: Gabrielle Aplin (2-5); Janine (5-8); Kelela (8-10); Lorde (10-16); J Balvin & Willy William (7-13).

Lana Del Rey’s ‘White Mustang’ climbs to #14, and SZA rebounds to #15 with ‘Normal Girl’ following a performance on Jools Holland. She currently has 7 songs in the top 100 – 5 as a lead artist. There hasn’t been a chart week since 19th January where she hasn’t had a song in the top 20 as a lead or featured artist. Kara Marni and Sabrina Claudio reach new peaks of #18 and #19. The latter of which climbs four places in its’ second week. Kelela also experiences upward movement with ‘Blue Light’ reaching #23.

GoldLink earns his first top thirty single, with the KAYTRANADA and Jazmine Sullivan assisted ‘Meditation’ reaching #27. Madison Beer earns her first ever chart entry, and smashes in at #29 with a top thirty debut. ‘Dead’ could be a monster hit – we’ll find out soon. Melanie Fiona rebounds from outside of the top fifty to #31, outpeaking its’ original high of #35. Camila Cabello also continues her slow ascent with ‘Havana’ climbing two places to reach #35. Kah-Lo experiences her first chart hit at #38, and Mabel re-enters at a new peak of #39. Both should climb in the coming weeks but its yet to be seen how high.

Finally we have the diamond certified ‘Love Galore’ re-entering the top 40 in its 25th week, after dropping out for the first time last week – that marks 24 weeks in the top forty, including 10 in the top ten, 14 in the top twenty, and 19 in the top thirty.

Next week expect debuts from Rita Ora, Nick Jonas and Demi Lovato within the top 40.

Heatseakers (songs that have climbed yet not reached the top 40, yet.)
Kelly Clarkson - Move You
Sam Smith - Too Good at Goodbyes
Kelly Clarkson - Love So Soft
Mary J. Blige ft/ DJ Khaled, Missy Elliott & Quavo - Glow Up
Lizzo - Water Me

Code: Select all
Demi Lovato - You Don’t Do It For Me Anymore
K. Michelle - Make This Song Cry
Maty Noyes - Say It To My Face
Shania Twain - Poor Me
Gabrielle Aplin - Waking Up Slow
Fifth Harmony - Deliver
Shania Twain - Who's Gonna Be Your Girl
Janine - Friends
Calvin Harris ft/ Kehlani & Lil Yachty - Faking It
Kelela - LMK
Fifth Harmony - He Like That
Demi Lovato - Tell Me You Love Me
J Balvin & Willy William ft/ Beyonce - Mi Gente
Lana Del Rey - White Mustang
SZA - Normal Girl
Lorde ft/ SZA, Khalid & Post Malone - Homemade Dynamite
Paloma Faith - Cry Baby
Kara Marni - Golden
Sabrina Claudio - Frozen
Jorja Smith & Preditah - On My Mind
Justine Skye ft/ Jeremih - Back for More
Kali Uchis ft/ Reykon - Nuestro Planeta
Kelela - Blue Light
Jessie Ware - Selfish Love
Cardi B - Bodak Yellow
Stefflon Don & French Montana - Hurtin' Me
GoldLink ft/ Jazmine Sullivan & KAYTRANADA - Meditation
Yo Gotti & Mike WiLL Made-It ft/ Nicki Minaj - Rake it Up
Madison Beer - Dead
Toni Braxton - Deadwood
Melanie Fiona - Remember U
Cassie ft/ G-Eazy - Love a Loser
Shawn Mendes - There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back
DJ Khaled ft/ Bryson Tiller & Rihanna - Wild Thoughts
Camila Cabello ft/ Young Thug - Havana
Fifth Harmony - Angel
Mya - Ready for Whatever
Kah-Lo - Fasta
Mabel ft/ Kojo Funds - Finders Keepers
SZA ft Travis Scott - Love Galore
bluecherry
Manager

Postby phoenix98 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:40 pm

bluecherry wrote:Great to read your comment!
-I feel like I'm enjoying her new music a bit more, possibly because for me, other than the singles, 'Confident' was a really weak effort. I just want to see pop supreme 'Daddy Issues' be given the singles treatment.
-'What Lovers Do' has to be my favourite Maroon 5 song since 'One More Night' for me. It's such a great pop song and SZA's voice is so suited for some reason - she has to be my breakout artist of the year.

• I've never actually checked out a full Demi album :oops: so I'll have to take your word on Confident (though if there really wasn't anything single-worthy left on the album, that would explain why they pulled the plug after "Stone Cold.") "Daddy Issues" sounds VERY single-worthy, though :o On first listen, it's definitely the most instant of anything I've heard off Tell Me You Love Me.
• None of the V offerings did much for you? I've noticed SZA's name popping up more and more on the Hot 100 lately, but I'm only familiar with some of her guest appearances ("Consideration" and "What Lovers Do") so far. Which song of hers would you recommend as a solid introduction to the wonderful world of SZA? I feel you with the "breakout artist" excitement. For most of the years since I've been doing my chart, there's been at least one new act (well, new to me, anyway) who hooks me with a single or two, then proceeds to wow me with the full album and land several entries on my year-end Top 50. 2017 definitely goes to Terror Jr.

bluecherry wrote:Demi Lovato - You Don’t Do It For Me Anymore
Paloma Faith - Cry Baby
Cardi B - Bodak Yellow
Fifth Harmony - Angel
• I also feel you with the struggle to find a truly-satisfying chart format :lol: I settled on one for mine a while back, since I think it conveys the info clearly enough without taking TOO too long to format each week...but I don't think I've ever landed on one that I really 100% love. Where/how did you make that table?
• You've inspired me to revisit the TMYLM singles/promo tracks, and I'd forgotten about that clever (and impactful) bit of wordplay I love in the bridge of "You Don't Do It For Me Anymore": "I'm sorry for honesty, I'm well aware, I lie to you, when I lie with you..."

Yet another chart that does all kinds of things for me, blue! :D
phoenix98
Legend

Postby bluecherry » Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:33 pm

phoenix98 wrote:
bluecherry wrote:Great to read your comment!

• I've never actually checked out a full Demi album :oops: so I'll have to take your word on Confident (though if there really wasn't anything single-worthy left on the album, that would explain why they pulled the plug after "Stone Cold.") "Daddy Issues" sounds VERY single-worthy, though :o On first listen, it's definitely the most instant of anything I've heard off Tell Me You Love Me.
• None of the V offerings did much for you? I've noticed SZA's name popping up more and more on the Hot 100 lately, but I'm only familiar with some of her guest appearances ("Consideration" and "What Lovers Do") so far. Which song of hers would you recommend as a solid introduction to the wonderful world of SZA? I feel you with the "breakout artist" excitement. For most of the years since I've been doing my chart, there's been at least one new act (well, new to me, anyway) who hooks me with a single or two, then proceeds to wow me with the full album and land several entries on my year-end Top 50. 2017 definitely goes to Terror Jr.

bluecherry wrote:Demi Lovato - You Don’t Do It For Me Anymore
Paloma Faith - Cry Baby
Cardi B - Bodak Yellow
Fifth Harmony - Angel
• I also feel you with the struggle to find a truly-satisfying chart format :lol: I settled on one for mine a while back, since I think it conveys the info clearly enough without taking TOO too long to format each week...but I don't think I've ever landed on one that I really 100% love. Where/how did you make that table?
• You've inspired me to revisit the TMYLM singles/promo tracks, and I'd forgotten about that clever (and impactful) bit of wordplay I love in the bridge of "You Don't Do It For Me Anymore": "I'm sorry for honesty, I'm well aware, I lie to you, when I lie with you..."

Yet another chart that does all kinds of things for me, blue! :D
I also feel you with the struggle to find a truly-satisfying chart format :lol: I settled on one for mine a while back, since I think it conveys the info clearly enough without taking TOO too long to format each week...but I don't think I've ever landed on one that I really 100% love. Where/how did you make that table?

Yet another chart that does all kinds of things for me, blue! :D[/quote]

-I did quite like ‘Animals’ and ‘Sugar’, Id just kinda forgotten about them, if that’s a good or bad thing.
-I personally love ‘Garden (Say It Like Dat), ‘The Weekend’ and ‘Broken Clocks’! Terror Jr definitely seems to be your SZA - as we speakshe has 4 of the year’s top 10 songs.
-I used Microsoft Powerpoint, but again, I’m not quite happy with it. I have a feeling I’m going to be playing around with formats over the next few weeks. I want something easy to read and simple to make. I might go back to the first chart uploaded.
-‘You Don’t Do It For Me Anymore’ is actually an incredible song, I think it truly has great writing.

Thank you for your comments, hope to hear from you soon!
bluecherry
Manager

Postby bluecherry » Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:10 pm

The Top Three: This week, we see a new number one from K. Michelle – the song which debuted in the top 3 two weeks ago (‘Make This Song Cry’) also becomes the fastest song to reach number one since Kesha debuted at #1 with ‘Praying’. It’s officially her seventh number one single. Demi Lovato’s former #1 (‘You Don’t Do It For Me Anymore’) holds well at #2, whilst Maty Noyes stays at #3 for the second consecutive week.

New peaks: There are two new songs climbing into the top five – Calvin Harris’ ‘Faking It’ and Fifth Harmony’s ‘Deliver’, both at #5 and #4 respectively. Sabrina Claudio climbs ten places from #19 to #9 to become her first top ten single ever. Climbing even more positions, however, is Madison Beer with 'Dead', leaping from just inside the top thirty (#29) to just outside the top ten (#12). Lana Del Rey and Kara Marni bot climb one spot to reach new peaks (#13 and #17). GoldLink manages to climb to #22, giving continued success to ‘Meditation’, and Mabel’s ‘Finders Keepers’ climbs more than ten places to reach #27 from #39. Kelly Clarkson’s singles (‘Love So Soft’ and ‘Move You’) climb to #38 and #32. Camila Cabello climbs two places to #33, and Mya climbs one spot to #36. Charlie Puth’s ‘How Long’ climbs from #97 to #37 – a massive achievement. The song truly looks set to become a hit.

New entries: Rita Ora is this weeks’ highest new entry, with ‘Anywhere’ debuting at #14. This is her eighth top twenty single as a lead artist, and eleventh overall. Demi Lovato earns her fifth top forty single from her latest album. ‘Hitchhiker’ debuts at #26, following the release of a lyric video. Justine Skye earns her fifth consecutive top thirty single with ‘Don’t Think About It’, giving her a 100% success rate. Nick Jonas’ latest single scrapes into the top forty at #39, and Kelly Clarkson becomes the first top forty Christmas single this year with ‘Christmas Eve’.

Heatseakers: Sam Smith’s ‘Too Good at Goodbyes’ climbs to just outside of the top forty at #41. Kelly Clarkson’s promotional single (‘Meaning of Life’) debuts at #50. Lizzo’s ‘Water Me’ climbs ten positions to reach a new peak of #58. Jessie Ware’s ‘Alone’ also reaches a new peak of #55, following poor performance (it had slipped from #58 to #86). Mary J. Blige, Quavo, Missy Elliott and DJ Khaled climb for a seventh consecutive week with ‘Glow Up’.

Drop outs: Yo Gotti, Mike WiLL Made-it and Nicki Minaj drop out with ‘Rake It Up’, Toni Braxton with ‘Deadwood’, Kah-Lo with ‘Fasta’, DJ Khaled, Rihanna and Bryson Tiller with ‘Wild Thoughts’, Shawn Mendes with ‘There’s Nothing Holdin’ Me Back’, Fifth Harmony with ‘Angel’, Cassie and G-Eazy with ‘Love a Loser’ and finally SZA and Travis Scott with ‘Love Galore’.

This Week (Last Week) | Weeks on Chart | Artist – Song title | Peak | Certification
01 (02) | 03 | K. Michelle - Make This Song Cry | 01 (x1) | Platinum
02 (01) | 07 | Demi Lovato - You Don’t Do It For Me Anymore | 01 (x2) | 2x Platinum
03 (03) | 07 | Maty Noyes - Say It To My Face | 03 | 2x Platinum
04 (06) | 07 | Fifth Harmony – Deliver | 04 | Platinum
05 (09) | 06 | Calvin Harris ft/ Kehlani & Lil Yachty - Faking It | 05 | Platinum
06 (04) | 14 | Shania Twain - Poor Me | 04 | Platinum
07 (05) | 07 | Gabrielle Aplin - Waking Up Slow | 01 (x1) | 2x Platinum
08 (07) | 02 | Shania Twain - Who's Gonna Be Your Girl | 07 | Gold
09 (19) | 03 | Sabrina Claudio – Frozen | 09 |
10 (08) | 07 | Janine – Friends | 03 | 2x Platinum
11 (10) | 12 | Kelela – LMK | 01 (x2) | 3x Platinum
12 (29) | 02 | Madison Beer – Dead | 12 |
13 (14) | 06 | Lana Del Rey – White Mustang | 13 | Gold
14 (ne) | 01 | Rita Ora – Anywhere | 14 |
15 (11) | 09 | Fifth Harmony – He Like That | 01 (x2) | 3x Platinum
16 (12) | 09 | Demi Lovato – Tell Me You Love Me | 12 | Gold
17 (18) | 07 | Kara Marni – Golden | 07 | Gold
18 (13) | 04 | J Balvin & Willy William ft/ Beyoncé – Mi Gente | 07 | Gold
19 (16) | 09 | Lorde ft/ SZA, Khalid & Post Malone – Homemade Dynamite | 03 | Platinum
20 (17) | 08 | Paloma Faith – Cry Baby | 09 | Platinum
21 (15) | 10 | SZA – Normal Girl | 02 | 2x Platinum
22 (27) | 08 | GoldLink ft/ Jazmine Sullivan & KAYTRANADA – Meditation | 22
23 (23) | 03 | Kelela – Blue Light | 23
24 (20) | 09 | Jorja Smith & Preditah – On My Mind | 03 | Platinum
25 (22) | 09 | Kali Uchis ft/ Reykon – Nuestro Planeta | 07 | Platinum
26 (ne) | 01 | Demi Lovato – Hitchhiker | 26
27 (39) | 06 | Mabel ft/ Kojo Funds – Finders Keepers | 27
28 (25) | 15 | Cardi B – Bodak Yellow | 02 | 3x Platinum
29 (26) | 11 | Stefflon Don & French Montana – Hurtin’ Me | 05 | Platinum
30 (24) | 08 | Jessie Ware – Selfish Love | 18 | Gold
31 (21) | 09 | Justine Skye ft/ Jeremih – Back for More | 14 | Gold
32 (41) | 07 | Kelly Clarkson – Move You | 32
33 (35) | 12 | Camila Cabello ft/ Young Thug – Havana | 33
34 (ne) | 01 | Justine Skye – Don’t Think About It | 34
35 (31) | 05 | Melanie Fiona – Remember U | 31
36 (37) | 05 | Mya – Ready for Whatever | 36
37 (97) | 03 | Charlie Puth – How Long | 37
38 (46) | 07 | Kelly Clarkson – Love So Soft | 38
39 (ne) | 01 | Nick Jonas – Home | 39
40 (ne) | 01 | Kelly Clarkson – Christmas Eve | 40
bluecherry
Manager

Postby phoenix98 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:45 pm

bluecherry wrote:-I did quite like ‘Animals’ and ‘Sugar’, Id just kinda forgotten about them, if that’s a good or bad thing.
-I personally love ‘Garden (Say It Like Dat), ‘The Weekend’ and ‘Broken Clocks’! Terror Jr definitely seems to be your SZA - as we speakshe has 4 of the year’s top 10 songs.
-I used Microsoft Powerpoint, but again, I’m not quite happy with it. I have a feeling I’m going to be playing around with formats over the next few weeks. I want something easy to read and simple to make. I might go back to the first chart uploaded.
• Doesn't sound like a great sign :lol: but at least you liked them at some point!
• Many thanks for the SZA suggestions! "Garden" is probably my favorite on first listen, but overall, her own material definitely seems much more chill than her guest appearances that I'd heard. It looks like her album's critically-acclaimed, so you've made a solid standout pick for 2017! Since I started doing year-end countdowns in 2010, only one act has landed four tracks inside the Top 10: Carly Rae Jepsen in 2012.
• Best of luck on that search for satisfaction! Tables can look especially nice/organized, but that first style was easier to quote with all the numbers intact...so it's a win-win either way, as far as I see it.

bluecherry wrote:01 (02) | 03 | K. Michelle - Make This Song Cry | 01 (x1) | Platinum
02 (01) | 07 | Demi Lovato - You Don’t Do It For Me Anymore | 01 (x2) | 2x Platinum
• I don't know K. Michelle's material very well, but your new No. 1 is certainly a solid introduction!
• Definitely lovin' that Top 20 debut for "Anywhere" :D I think I saw you mention somewhere that it's your second-favorite from Rita after "I Will Never Let You Down", and although it's a close call/little early to say for sure, I've been feeling the same way! I'd seen some comparisons to "It Ain't Me", and while I can hear the connection, "Anywhere" does MUCH more for me. That desire to just escape from it all sometimes (with a special someone) is SO relatable, and Rita's performance really brings that sentiment right to the surface.
• I'm still sorting through my feelings about Meaning Of Life. It's not the Kelly I love...but I knew that going into it, and Kelly clearly didn't love being the Kelly that I loved, so a part of me appreciates that she's pulling me a little outside of my comfort zone here. The album still kind of blurs together for me, and I'm not sure if any of it will get enough plays to be my next No. 1, but something about the energy, the attitude in it keeps me coming back.
• It's been rough watching Nick toss so much out there and have none of it take off (since "Close", anyway.) "Remember I Told You", "Find You", and "Home" all fall into this "fine/OK/likable-but-also-pretty-instantly-forgettable" category for me. I'm not sure exactly what's lacking, they just don't make a very strong impact in either direction.

Yet another chart that brings tears of joy, blue! :D
phoenix98
Legend

Postby bluecherry » Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:26 pm

phoenix98 wrote:• Doesn't sound like a great sign :lol: but at least you liked them at some point!
• Many thanks for the SZA suggestions! "Garden" is probably my favorite on first listen, but overall, her own material definitely seems much more chill than her guest appearances that I'd heard. It looks like her album's critically-acclaimed, so you've made a solid standout pick for 2017! Since I started doing year-end countdowns in 2010, only one act has landed four tracks inside the Top 10: Carly Rae Jepsen in 2012.
• Best of luck on that search for satisfaction! Tables can look especially nice/organized, but that first style was easier to quote with all the numbers intact...so it's a win-win either way, as far as I see it.

bluecherry wrote:01 (02) | 03 | K. Michelle - Make This Song Cry | 01 (x1) | Platinum
• I don't know K. Michelle's material very well, but your new No. 1 is certainly a solid introduction!
• Definitely lovin' that Top 20 debut for "Anywhere" :D I think I saw you mention somewhere that it's your second-favorite from Rita after "I Will Never Let You Down", and although it's a close call/little early to say for sure, I've been feeling the same way! I'd seen some comparisons to "It Ain't Me", and while I can hear the connection, "Anywhere" does MUCH more for me. That desire to just escape from it all sometimes (with a special someone) is SO relatable, and Rita's performance really brings that sentiment right to the surface.
• I'm still sorting through my feelings about Meaning Of Life. It's not the Kelly I love...but I knew that going into it, and Kelly clearly didn't love being the Kelly that I loved, so a part of me appreciates that she's pulling me a little outside of my comfort zone here. The album still kind of blurs together for me, and I'm not sure if any of it will get enough plays to be my next No. 1, but something about the energy, the attitude in it keeps me coming back.
• It's been rough watching Nick toss so much out there and have none of it take off (since "Close", anyway.) "Remember I Told You", "Find You", and "Home" all fall into this "fine/OK/likable-but-also-pretty-instantly-forgettable" category for me. I'm not sure exactly what's lacking, they just don't make a very strong impact in either direction.

Yet another chart that brings tears of joy, blue! :D
- “Garden” is actually my top track top - you have great taste :D. I think it’s the first time it’s ever happened on my charts, which is quite impressive! Although, I can totally see why Carly would be so successful 8-)
-I think I’m preferring the typed style - it’s a lot more accessible.
-I’m glad you like it! I feel like she almost gives a modern twist to old school R&B. She’s been a staple on here over her last few albums, having a #1 single every year since 2014.
-I’ve found that songs have been debuting lower and climbing for the last months - I haven’t had a #1 debut since ‘Praying’, which compared to last year is quite different!
-I completely agree about Kelly. I think the passion is what I’m enjoying when i listen to it. She seems to be loving performing again.
-I completely agree. It’s a lot of mediocre music compared to the excellence of Close and Jealous.

Thank you for your great comments, as always!
bluecherry
Manager

Postby bluecherry » Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:27 pm

The Top Three: This week, K. Michelle spends a second week at the peak of the chart with ‘Make This Song Cry’ – her seventh number one in total. The song precedes her upcoming fourth studio album which is one of the most highly anticipated of the year following the immense success of the last two. Calvin Harris, Kehlani and Lil Yachty jump to #2 following the release of the ‘Faking It’ music video. The song becomes Kehlani’s highest charting effort (previously it was ‘Undercover’ which reached #4). The song becomes Harris’ third top three hit and fifth top twenty hit from the album. At #3, Madison Beer’s first ever chart notation (‘Dead’ manages to climb to #3 in its third week, being positioned at #12 last week.

New peaks: Sabrina Claudio earns her first ever top five single as ‘Frozen’ jumps from #9 to #5. The song comes as her debut album continues to find success elsewhere. Rita Ora’s ‘Anywhere’ climbs six places to #8 this week, becoming her first top ten hit since ‘Body on Me’ in 2015. Lana Del Rey climbs for a fourth consecutive week (climbing one spot each week) with ‘White Mustang’. Kara Marni leaps four places after a gradual climb over four weeks from #20 to #17. ‘Golden’ reaches a new peak of #13. GoldLink, Jazmine Sullivan and KAYTRANADA again reach a new peak for a ninth consecutive week. ‘Meditation’ finally climbs into the top twenty at #17. Mabel and Kojo Funds leap seven places from #27 to #20 with ‘Finders Keepers’, and Justine Skye manages to climb thirteen places from #34 to #21 with ‘Don’t Think About It’. Demi Lovato’s ‘Hitchhiker’ climbs three places to #23, and Kelly Clarkson’s ‘Move You’ finally enters the top thirty at #29 after eight weeks. Camila Cabello’s ‘Havana’ misses out on the top thirty, reaching #31. Mya (‘Ready for Whatever’) and Kelly Clarkson (‘Love So Soft’) both reach new respective peaks of #34 and #35. Sam Smith climbs into the top fourty for the first time with ‘Too Good at Goodbyes’ at #38, and Jessie Ware with ‘Alone’ at #40. Kelly Clarkson’s ‘Christmas Eve’ climbs one spot to #39.

New entries: Paloma Faith’s second consecutive top twenty hit comes in the form of ‘Guilty’. The song enters at #18. Fifth Harmony and Pitbull debut at #30 with ‘Por Favor’ – the song could be set to climb in the coming weeks. ‘Por Favor’ becomes this week’s second best performing latin song after ‘Mi Gente’ therefore debuting at #2 on the latin songs chart. Migos, Cardi B and Nicki Minaj debut at 47 with ‘Motor Sport’ and Sabrina Claudio debuts at #50 with ‘Belong to You’ – her second top fifty hit. Further down the chart we have entries from: Clean Bandit and Julia Michaels (#69); blackbear and Tinashe (#70); Chloe Howl (#71); Sia (#82); MØ (#84); Loreen (#91); Marshmello and Selena Gomez (#96); PRETTYMUCH (#98); and 5 After Midnight (#99).

Heatseakers: Mary J. Blige and co. continue to climb, reaching #49 after being at #60 last week. This is an eighth consecutive week climbing the charts. Lizzo’s ‘Water Me’ reaches #55. Several entries from last week climb: Mariah Carey’s ‘The Star’ (#63); MGMT’s ‘Little Dark Age (#64); and Post Malone and 21 Savage’s ‘rockstar (#65). Bebe Rexha and Florida Georgia Line also reach a new peak of #67, although the song doesn’t look set to continue much further.

Drop outs: Jessie Ware with ‘Selfish Love’, Justine Skye and Jeremih with ‘Back for More’, Melanie Fiona with ‘Remember U’, and Nick Jonas with ‘Home’.

This Week (Last Week) | Weeks on Chart | Artist – Song title | Peak | Certification
01 (01) | 04 | K. Michelle – Make This Song Cry | 01 (x2) | Platinum
02 (05) | 07 | Calvin Harris ft/ Kehlani & Lil Yachty – Fakin’ It | 02 | Platinum
03 (12) | 03 | Madison Beer – Dead | 03 | Gold
04 (02) | 08 | Demi Lovato – You Don’t Do It for Me Anymore | 01 (x2) | 2x Platinum
05 (09) | 04 | Sabrina Claudio – Frozen | 05 | Gold
06 (04) | 08 | Fifth Harmony – Deliver | 04 | Platinum
07 (03) | 08 | Maty Noyes – Say It to My Face | 03 | 2x Platinum
08 (14) | 02 | Rita Ora – Anywhere | 08 |
09 (07) | 08 | Gabrielle Aplin – Waking Up Slow | 01 (x1) | 2x Platinum
10 (37) | 04 | Charlie Puth – How Long | 10 |
11 (06) | 15 | Shania Twain - Poor Me | 04 | 2x Platinum
12 (13) | 07 | Lana Del Rey - White Mustang | 12 | Platinum
13 (17) | 08 | Kara Marni – Golden | 13 | Gold
14 (11) | 13 | Kelela – LMK | 01 (x2) | 3x Platinum
15 (08) | 03 | Shania Twain - Who's Gonna Be Your Girl | 07 | Gold
16 (10) | 08 | Janine – Friends | 03 | 2x Platinum
17 (22) | 09 | GoldLink ft/ Jazmine Sullivan & KAYTRANADA – Meditation | 17 | Gold
18 (ne) | 01 | Paloma Faith – Guilty | 18 |
19 (15) | 10 | Fifth Harmony - He Like That | 01 (x2) | 3x Platinum
20 (27) | 07 | Mabel ft/ Kojo Funds - Finders Keepers | 20 |
21 (34) | 02 | Justine Skye - Don't Think About It | 21 |
22 (16) | 10 | Demi Lovato - Tell Me You Love Me | 12 | Gold
23 (26) | 02 | Demi Lovato – Hitchhiker | 23 |
24 (19) | 10 | Lorde ft/ SZA, Khalid & Post Malone - Homemade Dynamite | 24 | Platinum
25 (20) | 09 | Paloma Faith - Cry Baby | 09 | Platinum
26 (23) | 04 | Kelela - Blue Light | 23 |
27 (18) | 05 | J Balvin & Willy William ft/ Beyonce - Mi Gente | 07 | Gold
28 (21) | 11 | SZA - Normal Girl | 02 | 2x Platinum
29 (32) | 08 | Kelly Clarkson - Move You | 29 |
30 (ne) | 01 | Pitbull & Fifth Harmony - Por Favor | 30 |
31 (33) | 13 | Camila Cabello ft/ Young Thug – Havana | 31 |
32 (24) | 10 | Jorja Smith & Preditah - On My Mind | 03 | Platinum
33 (25) | 10 | Kali Uchis ft/ Reykon - Nuestro Planeta | 07 | Platinum
34 (36) | 06 | Mya - Ready for Whatever | 34 |
35 (38) | 08 | Kelly Clarkson - Love So Soft | 35 |
28 (36) | 16 | Cardi B - Bodak Yellow | 02 | 3x Platinum
37 (29) | 12 | Stefflon Don & French Montana - Hurtin' Me | 05 | Platinum
38 (41) | 08 | Sam Smith - Too Good at Goodbyes | 38 |
39 (40) | 02 | Kelly Clarkson - Christmas Eve | 39 |
40 (55) | 06 | Jessie Ware – Alone | 40 |
bluecherry
Manager

Postby JakeP » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:47 pm

These are my personal highlights this week:

Love seeing Rita climbing up, such an amazing song. I can see this dominating in my chart for some time yet, unless another incredible song comes along in the next week or two.

Paloma looking set for entering my top 20 tomorrow too. Probably makes up for the rather heavy fall Crybaby suffered last weekend. :oops: I do prefer Crybaby more out of the two songs.

I quite like this and its looking likely to enter my chart tomorrow too. Paloma is set to enter higher though.

Also liking these:

04 (02) | 08 | Demi Lovato – You Don’t Do It for Me Anymore | 01 (x2) | 2x Platinum
11 (06) | 15 | Shania Twain - Poor Me | 04 | 2x Platinum
12 (13) | 07 | Lana Del Rey - White Mustang | 12 | Platinum
24 (19) | 10 | Lorde ft/ SZA, Khalid & Post Malone - Homemade Dynamite | 24 | Platinum
37 (29) | 12 | Stefflon Don & French Montana - Hurtin' Me | 05 | Platinum

Additional selection:

02 (05) | 07 | Calvin Harris ft/ Kehlani & Lil Yachty – Fakin’ It | 02 | Platinum

Not yet made my chart but it bubbled outside the top 20 last week, not guaranteed to make it tomorrow but still one to watch.
JakeP
Manager

Postby luckyONE » Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:28 am

I think "Faking It" is my favorite song off Calvin's latest album, I really adore it. SO it's good to see the song very high on your charts. :D
luckyONE
Superstar

Postby phoenix98 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:00 am

bluecherry wrote:- “Garden” is actually my top track top - you have great taste :D. I think it’s the first time it’s ever happened on my charts, which is quite impressive! Although, I can totally see why Carly would be so successful 8-)
-I’ve found that songs have been debuting lower and climbing for the last months - I haven’t had a #1 debut since ‘Praying’, which compared to last year is quite different!
-I completely agree about Kelly. I think the passion is what I’m enjoying when i listen to it. She seems to be loving performing again.
• You're too kind ;) I owe you for suggesting it! At first I was just drawn to the catchiness of the "just how you aaaare..." parts, but now that I've played through it several times over the past few days, I'm really appreciating the whole message of the song (not to mention the fact that I've got no booty either...)
• Speaking of No. 1 debuts, that makes me wonder: how exactly is your reborn chart compiled? Since mine's based on play counts, No. 1 debuts are really common (if I love a track right off the bat, I'm gonna play it a lot right away.) Does the decrease in No. 1 debuts here mean you just haven't come across as much instantly-infectious music in 2017?
• **Nod** Her passion really is palpable throughout the album. Although "Love So Soft" has definitely grown on me, I still feel like the chorus walks a fine line between catchy and grating, and I wonder if something a tad less...jarring like "Heat" or "Medicine" would've gotten warmer reception as the lead single (while still successfully showcasing her new sound.) I was bummed to see it still couldn't crack the Hot 100 Top 40 even with the iTunes discount during the album release week.

bluecherry wrote:01 (01) | 04 | K. Michelle – Make This Song Cry | 01 (x2) | Platinum
06 (04) | 08 | Fifth Harmony – Deliver | 04 | Platinum
19 (15) | 10 | Fifth Harmony - He Like That | 01 (x2) | 3x Platinum
22 (16) | 10 | Demi Lovato - Tell Me You Love Me | 12 | Gold
35 (38) | 08 | Kelly Clarkson - Love So Soft | 35 |
28 (36) | 16 | Cardi B - Bodak Yellow | 02 | 3x Platinum
• True to your chart name, "Faking It" is a BOP :o Thanks for giving me a reason to check it out!
• Definitely pleased to see "Anywhere" make its way into your Top 10! How did "Your Song" fare with you?
• Damn, "How Long" is REALLY rocketing up your chart now :o No. 97 -> No. 37 -> No. 10 -> ??? Since it was No. 97 in its second week, it must not have made a great first impression, then suddenly clicked in a big way? Video effect?
• Do you have any thoughts/preferences regarding the original VS Spanglish versions of "Por Favor"? Would they chart separately anywawy, or are remixes/different versions always combined here?

Yet another chart that's definitely no crying shame, blue! :D
phoenix98
Legend

Postby bluecherry » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:34 pm

JakeP wrote:
These are my personal highlights this week:

Love seeing Rita climbing up, such an amazing song. I can see this dominating in my chart for some time yet, unless another incredible song comes along in the next week or two.
Paloma looking set for entering my top 20 tomorrow too. Probably makes up for the rather heavy fall Crybaby suffered last weekend. :oops: I do prefer Crybaby more out of the two songs.

30 (ne) | 01 | Pitbull & Fifth Harmony - Por Favor | 30 | I quite like this and its looking likely to enter my chart tomorrow too. Paloma is set to enter higher though.

Not yet made my chart but it bubbled outside the top 20 last week, not guaranteed to make it tomorrow but still one to watch.
Great to see your comments! I actually adore the song and see it continuing to climb higher in the top 10! I prefer 'Crybaby' too - its definitely a modern take on her classic style! Seems like we have similar positions on the songs so far!

I actually love 'Faking It' - its look set to peak, however.
luckyONE wrote:I think "Faking It" is my favorite song off Calvin's latest album, I really adore it. SO it's good to see the song very high on your charts. :D
Great minds think alike!
bluecherry
Manager

Postby bluecherry » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:41 pm

phoenix98 wrote: You're too kind ;) I owe you for suggesting it! At first I was just drawn to the catchiness of the "just how you aaaare..." parts, but now that I've played through it several times over the past few days, I'm really appreciating the whole message of the song (not to mention the fact that I've got no booty either...)
• Speaking of No. 1 debuts, that makes me wonder: how exactly is your reborn chart compiled? Since mine's based on play counts, No. 1 debuts are really common (if I love a track right off the bat, I'm gonna play it a lot right away.) Does the decrease in No. 1 debuts here mean you just haven't come across as much instantly-infectious music in 2017?
• **Nod** Her passion really is palpable throughout the album. Although "Love So Soft" has definitely grown on me, I still feel like the chorus walks a fine line between catchy and grating, and I wonder if something a tad less...jarring like "Heat" or "Medicine" would've gotten warmer reception as the lead single (while still successfully showcasing her new sound.) I was bummed to see it still couldn't crack the Hot 100 Top 40 even with the iTunes discount during the album release week.
I'm so glad to hear that! I really appreicate the sentiment of being distrustful that someone is genuinely into you so you don't reveal your true self but at the same time you hope they aren't doing the same.
The chart is kind of a mix of play #s, video effect, how much I like the song, and how much I hear the song around - so it isn't really a set thing. I just kind of imagine as if I were my own country or something :D I've found there haven't been any 'big' releases or really instant songs, so that would probably be why there haven't been any #1 debuts since 'Praying' - which was the first week that I started this new format. I'm enjoying doing it like this though, because instead of debuting at their peak and plummeting, they climb for a while or stick around in certain areas.

phoenix98 wrote:• True to your chart name, "Faking It" is a BOP :o Thanks for giving me a reason to check it out!
• Definitely pleased to see "Anywhere" make its way into your Top 10! How did "Your Song" fare with you?
• Damn, "How Long" is REALLY rocketing up your chart now :o No. 97 -> No. 37 -> No. 10 -> ??? Since it was No. 97 in its second week, it must not have made a great first impression, then suddenly clicked in a big way? Video effect?
• Do you have any thoughts/preferences regarding the original VS Spanglish versions of "Por Favor"? Would they chart separately anywawy, or are remixes/different versions always combined here?

Yet another chart that's definitely no crying shame, blue! :D
-It's great isn't it - I've been hooked since the summer and I just fell in love with Kehlani in the music video.
-'Your Song' peaked at #57, so it's definitely an improvement - I just found it to be a bit cheesy, and not as cool as Rita. 'Anywhere' is exactly what I wanted/needed.
-It is, haha. I think I listened to it and kind of brushed it off, then I went back to it and re-listened and realised it's actually a really great song!
-I preferred the Spanglish version of 'Por Favor', but I do chart remixes together - however if there are additional artists on the remix version they will be credited too (like Lorde's song for example).

Thank you again for your insightful comments!!
bluecherry
Manager

Postby bluecherry » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:13 pm

The Top Three: This week, Harris, Kehlani and Lil Yachty finally climb to #1 with 'Faking It'. The song becomes (already) one of the top forty most successful of the year and shows no sign of slowing down. Thanks to the stunning visuals and infectious nature of the song it climbs from last week's position of #2. Madison Beer continues her climb, reaching #2, climbing one spot from her previous peak of #3 with ‘Dead’. K. Michelle drops from the top spot to the third position!

New peaks: Sabrina Claudio reaches #4, climbing one spot from last week’s position of #5. Rita Ora’s ‘Anywhere’ reaches the top five in its third week, becoming her ninth top five single. Charlie Puth’s first ever top ten single as a lead artist (‘Attention’ stalled at #11) continues to climb, reaching #7. Banks continues a massive rebound (from #79 to #41 last week) sees her outpeak the original peak of #39, reaching #8. It’s her second ever top ten single, following ‘Beggin’ for Thread’. Lana Del Rey’s ‘White Mustang’ finally reaches the top ten, with Kara Marni’s ‘Golden’ one position behind at #11 in its ninth week. Justine Skye reaches #13, with ‘Don’t Think About It’, entering the top twenty for her second consecutive hit this year. GoldLink et al., Mabel and Paloma Faith both climb one position. Kelela’s ‘Blue Light’ reaches a new peak of #22. Kelly Clarkson reaches #27, Pitbull and Fifth Harmony reach #29, and Camila Cabello and Young Thug reach #30. Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton reach the top forty for the first time with their Christmas single, Kelly Clarkson’s ‘Christmas Eve’ also reaches #36. Jessie Ware’s ‘Alone’ climbs one position to #39.

New entries: N*E*R*D and Rihanna debut at #14 with ‘Lemon’ – the song is set to climb and become a decent hit. WESLEE earn their first ever chart notation at #21 with ‘Bathwater’, Lil Uzi Vert earns his first top forty hit with the help of a Nicki Minaj feature and Aly & AJ earn their second top forty entry since their comeback earlier this year. Further down in the chart we have: Dawn Richard at #52; Taya and Yxng Bane at #54; David Guetta, Charli XCX, French Montana and Afrojack at #65; Kiana Lede at #69; Amine at #75; Miguel at #76; JONES at #78; Ashanti and Ty Dolla $ign at #80; Kim Petra at #82; Miley Cyrus at #86; Loote at #90; Nadia Rose at #94; Sabrina Carpenter at #96; Bree Runway at #97; Maya B at #98 and JOY. At #100.

Heatseakers: Sia’s ‘Santa’s Coming for Us’ climb five spots to #77, with the upcoming Christmas season, the song is either set to fall or rocket up the chart. Post Malone and 21 Savage climbs to #61 in their third week, Mariah Carey reaches #57 with ‘The Star’, Lizzo finally reaches the top fifty with ‘Water Me’. Sabrina Claudio reaches #49 with ‘Belong to You’.

Drop outs: Cardi B with ‘Bodak Yellow’, Mya with ‘Ready for Whatever’, Kali Uchis and Reykon with ‘Nuestro Planeta’, Kelly Clarkson with ‘Love So Soft’, Stefflon Don and French Montana with ‘Hurtin’ Me’.

01 (02) | 08 | Calvin Harris ft/ Kehlani & Lil Yachty - Faking It | 01 (x1) | 2x Platinum
02 (03) | 04 | Madison Beer – Dead | 02 | Platinum
03 (01) | 05 | K. Michelle – Make This Song Cry | 01 (x2) | 2x Platinum
04 (05) | 05 | Sabrina Claudio – Frozen | 04 | Platinum
05 (08) | 03 | Rita Ora – Anywhere | 05 | Gold
06 (04) | 09 | Demi Lovato – You Don’t Do It for Me Anymore | 01 (x2) | 2x Platinum
07 (10) | 05 | Charlie Puth – How Long | 07 | Gold
08 (41) | 05 | Banks – Underdog | 08 |
09 (06) | 09 | Fifth Harmony – Deliver | 04 | Platinum
10 (12) | 08 | Lana Del Rey – White Mustang | 10 | Platinum
11 (13) | 09 | Kara Marni – Golden | 11 | Platinum

12 (07) | 09 | Maty Noyes – Say It To My Face | 03 | 2x Platinum
13 (21) | 03 | Justine Skye – Don’t Think About It | 03 |
14 (ne) | 01 | N*E*R*D & Rihanna – Lemon | 14
15 (09) | 09 | Gabrielle Aplin – Waking Up Slow | 09 | 2x Platinum
16 (17) | 10 | GoldLink ft/ Jazmine Sullivan & KAYTRANADA – Meditation | 16 | Gold
17 (18) | 02 | Paloma Faith – Guilty | 17 |

18 (11) | 16 | Shania Twain – Poor Me | 04 | 2x Platinum
19 (20) | 08 | Mabel ft/ Kojo Funds – Finders Keepers | 19 | Gold
20 (14) | 14 | Kelela – LMK | 01 (x2) | 4x Platinum
21 (ne) | 01 | WESLEE – Bathwater | 21 |
22 (26) | 05 | Kelela – Blue Light | 22 | Gold
23 (15) | 04 | Shania Twain – Who’s Gonna Be Your Girl? | 07 | Gold
24 (16) | 09 | Janine – Friends | 03 | 2x Platinum
25 (19) | 11 | Fifth Harmony – He Like That | 01 (x2) | 3x Platinum
26 (28) | 12 | SZA – Normal Girl | 02 | 2x Platinum
27 (29) | 09 | Kelly Clarkson – Move You | 27 |
28 (23) | 03 | Demi Lovato – Hitchhiker | 23 |
29 (30) | 02 | Pitbull & Fifth Harmony – Por Favor | 29 |
30 (31) | 14 | Camila Cabello ft/ Young Thug – Havana | 30 | Gold

31 (22) | 11 | Demi Lovato – Tell Me You Love Me | 12 | Gold
32 (27) | 06 | J Balvin & Willy William ft/ Beyoncé – Mi Gente | 07 | Gold
33 (72) | 07 | Gwen Stefani ft/ Blake Shelton – You Make It Feel Like Christmas | 33 |
34 (25) | 10 | Paloma Faith – Crybaby | 09 | Platinum
35 (24) | 11 | Lorde ft/ SZA, Khalid & Post Malone – Homemade Dynamite | 03 | Platinum
36 (39) | 03 | Kelly Clarkson – Christmas Eve | 36 |
37 (ne) | 01 | Lil Uzi Vert ft/ Nicki Minaj – The Way Life Goes | 37 |
38 (38) | 09 | Sam Smith – Too Good at Goodbyes | 38 |
39 (40) | 07 | Jessie Ware – Alone | 39 |
40 (ne) | 01 | Aly & AJ – I Know | 40 |
Last edited by bluecherry on Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bluecherry
Manager

Postby bluecherry » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:54 pm

By the way: green means the song has reached a new peak, pink means it is a new entry.
bluecherry
Manager

Postby phoenix98 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:30 pm

bluecherry wrote:I'm so glad to hear that! I really appreicate the sentiment of being distrustful that someone is genuinely into you so you don't reveal your true self but at the same time you hope they aren't doing the same.

The chart is kind of a mix of play #s, video effect, how much I like the song, and how much I hear the song around - so it isn't really a set thing. I just kind of imagine as if I were my own country or something :D I've found there haven't been any 'big' releases or really instant songs, so that would probably be why there haven't been any #1 debuts since 'Praying' - which was the first week that I started this new format. I'm enjoying doing it like this though, because instead of debuting at their peak and plummeting, they climb for a while or stick around in certain areas.
I'd seen CTRL receive praise for being an especially intimate/honest record, and "Garden" really exemplifies that beautifully.

Makes sense: basically all the different factors that keep songs at the front of your mind. I'm all for you compiling your chart however feels most right to you, but I do think this format also makes it more fun/interesting for other people to follow, since they can track their favorite songs week-to-week as they rise, peak, and fall (instead of debuting at their peak and just dropping after that, like you mentioned, which is how my play-count-centric chart usually goes.) :lol:

bluecherry wrote:-'Your Song' peaked at #57, so it's definitely an improvement - I just found it to be a bit cheesy, and not as cool as Rita. 'Anywhere' is exactly what I wanted/needed.
-I preferred the Spanglish version of 'Por Favor', but I do chart remixes together - however if there are additional artists on the remix version they will be credited too (like Lorde's song for example).
• Yeah, it took months for "Your Song" to really click with me at all, and even then it still faded pretty quickly: 8 - *2* - 11 - 16 - OUT - 30 - OUT. Thankfully, the public seems to agree about "Anywhere" being a definite improvement (at least in the UK so far...)
• So anytime I see a new version's/remix's featured guests listed here, that means you're preferring that version to the original? (Like if Daddy Yankee gets added to "Havana" on your next chart?)

bluecherry wrote:01 (02) | 08 | Calvin Harris ft/ Kehlani & Lil Yachty - Faking It | 01 (x1) | 2x Platinum
03 (01) | 05 | K. Michelle – Make This Song Cry | 01 (x2) | 2x Platinum
06 (04) | 09 | Demi Lovato – You Don’t Do It for Me Anymore | 01 (x2) | 2x Platinum

32 (27) | 06 | J Balvin & Willy William ft/ Beyoncé – Mi Gente | 07 | Gold
40 (ne) | 01 | Aly & AJ – I Know | 40 |
• Nice see to "Faking It" bop its way to the top! Does Calvin have any other No. 1's to his name here?
• Lovin' that new Top 5 peak and Gold cert for "Anywhere."
• I don't know what was wrong with me when I first checked out "Guilty" a couple weeks ago and walked away pretty unimpressed (maybe I was too distracted by everything going on in the video?)...but the first time I played it after adding it to my phone last Friday, I was HOOKED :o Like many have said, it sounds more typically Paloma than "Crybaby", and that chorus is stunning.
• I'm definitely no expert on Aly & AJ's catalog, but "I Know" offers a very different sound than "Potential Breakup Song" and "Chemicals React." This mellow synthpop style totally works, though!

Yet another chart that doesn’t require any faking, blue! :D
phoenix98
Legend

Postby JakeP » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:56 pm

01 (02) | 08 | Calvin Harris ft/ Kehlani & Lil Yachty - Faking It | 01 (x1) | 2x Platinum

This might finally make it into my top 20 after falling short for the last fortnight, its been a slow burner but i still much prefer Feels.

Nice to see Rita continuing her climb up the chart. :D

14 (ne) | 01 | N*E*R*D & Rihanna – Lemon | 14

I'm in two minds over this song. When i heard about this i thought i'd love it but that's not quite happened. It's an intriguing song anyways. :lol:

Also like the following songs too:

32 (27) | 06 | J Balvin & Willy William – Mi Gente | 07 | Gold
35 (24) | 11 | Lorde – Homemade Dynamite | 03 | Platinum
JakeP
Manager

Postby Tansike » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:05 pm

bluecherry wrote:01 (02) | 08 | Calvin Harris ft/ Kehlani & Lil Yachty - Faking It | 01 (x1) | 2x Platinum
08 (41) | 05 | Banks – Underdog | 08 |
23 (15) | 04 | Shania Twain – Who’s Gonna Be Your Girl? | 07 | Gold
28 (23) | 03 | Demi Lovato – Hitchhiker | 23 |
33 (72) | 07 | Gwen Stefani ft/ Blake Shelton – You Make It Feel Like Christmas | 33 |
35 (24) | 11 | Lorde ft/ SZA, Khalid & Post Malone – Homemade Dynamite | 03 | Platinum
36 (39) | 03 | Kelly Clarkson – Christmas Eve | 36 |
38 (38) | 09 | Sam Smith – The Thrill of It All | 38 |
So many great songs on your charts! :D

First of all, i love to see Rita climbing into your Top5. "Anywhere" is such a great song from her, and i didn't expect her to release an even better track as a follow-up to "Your Song". Who would have thought she'd return like this in 2017?

Also great to see Demi's success. "You Don't Do It For Me Anymore" would be an awesome choice as the third single, as it's also my second favorite song on her album (only behind "Tell Me You Love Me" at the moment).

"Poor Me" is such an underrated gem :oops: It's actually one of my most favorite songs of 2017, so it's nice to see someone thinking similar.

Overall an amazing chart, and i'm really happy you returned with it! :D
Tansike
Legend

Return to Personal Charts