- I totally agree! Although I do love your play-centric chart. I listen to such random stuff on and off that my chart would be so much messier, it would drive me insane!phoenix98 wrote:I'd seen CTRL receive praise for being an especially intimate/honest record, and "Garden" really exemplifies that beautifully.
Makes sense: basically all the different factors that keep songs at the front of your mind. I'm all for you compiling your chart however feels most right to you, but I do think this format also makes it more fun/interesting for other people to follow, since they can track their favorite songs week-to-week as they rise, peak, and fall (instead of debuting at their peak and just dropping after that, like you mentioned, which is how my play-count-centric chart usually goes.)
• Yeah, it took months for "Your Song" to really click with me at all, and even then it still faded pretty quickly: 8 - *2* - 11 - 16 - OUT - 30 - OUT. Thankfully, the public seems to agree about "Anywhere" being a definite improvement (at least in the UK so far...)
• So anytime I see a new version's/remix's featured guests listed here, that means you're preferring that version to the original? (Like if Daddy Yankee gets added to "Havana" on your next chart?)
• Nice see to "Faking It" bop its way to the top! Does Calvin have any other No. 1's to his name here?
• Lovin' that new Top 5 peak and Gold cert for "Anywhere."
• I don't know what was wrong with me when I first checked out "Guilty" a couple weeks ago and walked away pretty unimpressed (maybe I was too distracted by everything going on in the video?)...but the first time I played it after adding it to my phone last Friday, I was HOOKED Like many have said, it sounds more typically Paloma than "Crybaby", and that chorus is stunning.
• I'm definitely no expert on Aly & AJ's catalog, but "I Know" offers a very different sound than "Potential Breakup Song" and "Chemicals React." This mellow synthpop style totally works, though!
Yet another chart that doesn’t require any faking, blue!
-'Anywhere' certainly is a vast improvement for me.
-Yes! That's why 'Homemade Dynamite', although I do just prefer the English 'Havana'!
-I'm glad you approve - only 'Slide' has reached the top as a lead artist, although 'We Found Love' managed to do the same.
-Glad to see you approve! It's managed to do even better this week.
-It is actually a stunning song isn't it! I can't wait to listen to 'The Architect'.
-If you like 'I Know' - listen to 'Take Me'!
I'm always glad to read your comments, thank you!
Hey, Jake!JakeP wrote:Hi bluecherry
01 (02) | 08 | Calvin Harris ft/ Kehlani & Lil Yachty - Faking It | 01 (x1) | 2x Platinum
This might finally make it into my top 20 after falling short for the last fortnight, its been a slow burner but i still much prefer Feels.
05 (08) | 03 | Rita Ora – Anywhere | 05 | Gold
Nice to see Rita continuing her climb up the chart.
14 (ne) | 01 | N*E*R*D & Rihanna – Lemon | 14
I'm in two minds over this song. When i heard about this i thought i'd love it but that's not quite happened. It's an intriguing song anyways.
- I hope to see it there! I did enjoy 'Feels' (it reached #3) but I fell in love with this when I first heard it and it just hasn't gotten old!
- And she will continue to do so!
- Very true with 'Lemon'! Glad to see you enjoying so many songs.
Thanks for your comment!
- I'm glad you think so!Tansike wrote:So many great songs on your charts!
First of all, i love to see Rita climbing into your Top5. "Anywhere" is such a great song from her, and i didn't expect her to release an even better track as a follow-up to "Your Song". Who would have thought she'd return like this in 2017?
Also great to see Demi's success. "You Don't Do It For Me Anymore" would be an awesome choice as the third single, as it's also my second favorite song on her album (only behind "Tell Me You Love Me" at the moment).
"Poor Me" is such an underrated gem It's actually one of my most favorite songs of 2017, so it's nice to see someone thinking similar.
Overall an amazing chart, and i'm really happy you returned with it!
- I never did! I thought her second album would be a flop, hopefully it conitnues and her hiatus was a good decision.
- It really would be! I'm so glad it was given the promo single treatment so it could do well on my charts! I'm just hoping to see 'Daddy Lessons' soon
- I totally agree, I'm glad she returned with a song that was so different. If I remember correctly it's in my top 40 year end (so far).
- Thank you for your kind comment!