Mainshow Goes Dicks: Olly Murs (#3)

Moderators: JSparksFan, tdc2000, FreakyFlyBry

Postby Mainshow » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:11 pm

http://www.fansshare.com/gallery/photos/548941/olly-murs-blue-hd/?loadimage

Mainshow goes Dicks: Olly Murs

Presenting my personal Top 10 singles of the Backstreet Boys was a great way to kick off "Mainshow Goes Dicks" but I personally think that I should slow down a bit. If I continue dropping 4 or 5 dicks at once, there will be no dicks left in the end. So, I hope that you will not be disappointed but I decided to decrease the numbers of guys involved. - It's time for one of my favourite male solo artists of all-time: OLLY MURS.

The British Pop legend has already released five enjoyable studio albums with some killer tracks on them! - It was a bit difficult to choose the 10 best singles (according to my taste) but I hope I will do his discography some justice! - Olly Murs is my #7 most-scrobbled/played male artist on last.fm (1,298 plays).

I hope you'll enjoy this countdown.
Mainshow
Legend

Postby Benny » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:35 pm

I was hoping for another dick than Olly, not a big fan. :wink:
Benny
Legend

Postby Fan » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:57 pm

Mainshow wrote:Actually, it was just because of you liking the BSB album tracks but if you've found your way to Helene Fischer, that's even better! She's destroying the whole German music scene at the moment! What a Queen!

Damn, I don't have a poker face (GaGa would be disappointed, don't tell) but I really do not like your favourite that much. "As Long As You Love Me" is a bit too boring to me when it comes to the arrangement and its melody. It's still a great track, though but I think that BSB had way more eventful singles.

Oh, "Shape of My Heart" was quite big in Germany (even hit #1).

And haha, "pair of dicks" :D - You're greedy, my Bitterballen-Buddy. Will one single dick not do it for you?
Atemlos Durch die Nacht is one of my jams at the moment!

Haha, you really don't :lol: Ah, As Long As You Love Me is the perfect example for a cheesy 90's pop hit for me. It's so simple, yet catchy and I could never get enough of it to be honest.

It did? I don't think it was very big here, or maybe I just missed it completely :lol:

I am :oops: But liked I texted you, I am very happy to see Olly so his dick is enough for now. I would even take him to 'my' park to be honest.

But on a serious note- Olly has done so many good songs and I am quite protective of some of his singles, so will be very curious to see where they will end up. I haven't really followed his latest album campaign, but stanned BIG TIME during 2009-2013. Which songs would you say are his best album tracks?
i wanna see you on your knees, wanna see you begging
Fan
Legend

Postby Erotica » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:11 pm

But Shape of my heart wasn't on #1 in Germany?

As long as you love me is great, maybe their best song
I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?
Erotica
Legend

Postby Mainshow » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:18 pm

Benny wrote:I was hoping for another dick than Olly, not a big fan. :wink:
:D He's so effing cute and I love his voice and most of his songs (he's my #7 of male acts on last.fm). I hope you'll still enjoy a few tracks & like the next artist even more ;)

Erotica wrote:But Shape of my heart wasn't on #1 in Germany?

As long as you love me is great, maybe their best song
Wow! You're right! - It just reached #2. My bad. I think I had a TRL peak or Bravo peak in mind. The song would have deserved to go #1, though.

So you agree with Fan, I see :D
Mainshow
Legend

Postby Mainshow » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:21 pm

Fan wrote:
Mainshow wrote:Actually, it was just because of you liking the BSB album tracks but if you've found your way to Helene Fischer, that's even better! She's destroying the whole German music scene at the moment! What a Queen!

Damn, I don't have a poker face (GaGa would be disappointed, don't tell) but I really do not like your favourite that much. "As Long As You Love Me" is a bit too boring to me when it comes to the arrangement and its melody. It's still a great track, though but I think that BSB had way more eventful singles.

Oh, "Shape of My Heart" was quite big in Germany (even hit #1).

And haha, "pair of dicks" :D - You're greedy, my Bitterballen-Buddy. Will one single dick not do it for you?
Atemlos Durch die Nacht is one of my jams at the moment!

Haha, you really don't :lol: Ah, As Long As You Love Me is the perfect example for a cheesy 90's pop hit for me. It's so simple, yet catchy and I could never get enough of it to be honest.

It did? I don't think it was very big here, or maybe I just missed it completely :lol:

I am :oops: But liked I texted you, I am very happy to see Olly so his dick is enough for now. I would even take him to 'my' park to be honest.

But on a serious note- Olly has done so many good songs and I am quite protective of some of his singles, so will be very curious to see where they will end up. I haven't really followed his latest album campaign, but stanned BIG TIME during 2009-2013. Which songs would you say are his best album tracks?
I am so glad you fell in love with "Atemlos durch die Nacht" - I am pretty sure there are more people living in Germany who are able to sing along to this track but don't know all words of our national anthem. The song was everywhere and it's still iconic.

Yeah, "Shape of My Heart" reached #1 in the Netherlands (only #2 in Germany, though). It was really big back then.

Haha, I think I can't please everyone. Hope you will get the full dick treatment and I won't disappoint you like I did with not letting "As Long as You Love Me" chart.

It's a pity you didn't listen/buy his latest record because I think it's perhaps his best one and that's why my "best album tracks" would probably be from that record.

I do love:

"Better Than Me" - The pre-chorus is divine and I love the whole production. It's so dreamy and suits his voice so well.

"24 Hrs" Another top-notch production, love the chorus, one of his best tracks ever.

"Better Without You" This is more up-tempo, very cute, memorable and catchy as hell; what a big mistake to not have released this as a single.

"Love You More" cheesy but it's freaking amazing. Would have been a stunning Eurovision entry.
Last edited by Mainshow on Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mainshow
Legend

Postby Erotica » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:17 pm

Private is a very good song for example
I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?
Erotica
Legend

Postby MusicLover88 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:36 pm

Yes yes yes I love that Shape Of My Heart is your #1!!! My absolute fave from BSB too, it's just so so beautiful. Their harmonies :cry: :cry: :cry:

Edit: I'm late lol
Unlike other things that wither, she preserves. She’s a constant in a world of relentless flux. She’s a beacon of immortality. Bitch, she’s Madonna.
MusicLover88
Superstar

Postby Mainshow » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:45 pm

Erotica wrote:Private is a very good song for example
It's quite an edgy track. Pretty cool indeed.

MusicLover88 wrote:Yes yes yes I love that Shape Of My Heart is your #1!!! My absolute fave from BSB too, it's just so so beautiful. Their harmonies :cry: :cry: :cry:

Edit: I'm late lol
No worries ;) It's always appreciate when someone's catching up. I am glad that you strongly agree on me putting "Shape Of My Heart" on top. I love the song's harmonies as well. What a track ;)
Mainshow
Legend

Postby Mainshow » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:56 pm

#10: "Oh My Goodness" (2012)

It's time to kick off "Mainshow Goes Dicks: Olly Murs". It's quite fitting that my #10 also reached #10 on the official Scottish Singles Chart back in 2012. Olly's quite famous for his memorable, light, care-free and ear-grabbing harmonies and melodies and "Oh My Goodness" is not an exception. Whilst the pop industry went on a full EDM-Dubstep mode, the charming British Queen of Pop stayed true to himself and created a massive brass-driven pop track which we can all sing-along quite easily and effortlessly.
Mainshow
Legend

Postby Mainshow » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:19 pm

#9: "Beautiful To Me" (2015)

Sadly, this beautiful song massively underperformed (reaching only #93 in the UK) but now it's its time to shine by making my Top 10 :D
What I love about this track? - It's shamlessly cheesy and dreamy intro, the super catchy bridge and the "Love" explosion in the chorus followed by synth-waves and the beat imitating aftershocks or vibration and turning into a super sweet chorus. Oh, Olly can be so cute sometimes!
The single's release was accompanied by a super sweet music video portraying two childhood friends falling in love with each other
Mainshow
Legend

Postby Erotica » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:01 pm

Don't like both very much
Erotica
Legend

Postby Leychen » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:04 pm

I'm not a huge fan of Olly Murs but he does have some nice radio hits. I'm excited to see how your list is going to unfold.
Ты меня не тролль!
Leychen
Roadie

Postby Fan » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:58 pm

Mainshow wrote:I am so glad you fell in love with "Atemlos durch die Nacht" - I am pretty sure there are more people living in Germany who are able to sing along to this track but don't know all words of our national anthem. The song was everywhere and it's still iconic.

Yeah, "Shape of My Heart" reached #1 in the Netherlands (only #2 in Germany, though). It was really big back then.

Haha, I think I can't please everyone. Hope you will get the full dick treatment and I won't disappoint you like I did with not letting "As Long as You Love Me" chart.

It's a pity you didn't listen/buy his latest record because I think it's perhaps his best one and that's why my "best album tracks" would probably be from that record.

I do love:

"Better Than Me" - The pre-chorus is divine and I love the whole production. It's so dreamy and suits his voice so well.

"24 Hrs" Another top-notch production, love the chorus, one of his best tracks ever.

"Better Without You" This is more up-tempo, very cute, memorable and catchy as hell; what a big mistake to not have released this as a single.

"Love You More" cheesy but it's freaking amazing. Would have been a stunning Eurovision entry.
:lol: :lol: , I can actually imagine that!

I am sure I will be glad with this dick treatment. Olly's dick has made so many good singles, I just wonder how you placed them :P And I have a favourite that is maybe not that well known or popular, so I really hope it has made your countdown.

Better Than Me and 24 Hours didn't really make an impression on me, but Better Without You is very nice indeed and I LOVE Love You More. You know I love me some cheesy tunes :lol: I would rank In Case You Didn't Know as his best album, with Need You Now, I'm OK, This Song Is About You and Anywhere Else as best album tracks.

Oh My Goodness is such a lovely song as well, good to see it kicking off the top 10. Such a cute, little song and very uplifting. The video always made me smile as well. Beautiful To Me is a song I didn't know beforehand, but it is very good as well. Just love the tone of his voice.
i wanna see you on your knees, wanna see you begging
Fan
Legend

Postby JakeP » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:14 pm

Interesting in seeing how your Olly Murs countdown progresses. I find him quite inconsistent so i'm hoping some of my favourite tracks make an appearance. :D

Oh my goodness was quite good, not one of his strongest single releases but i loved the idea of filming the music video in a shopping precinct. :lol:

As for Beautiful to me, this was when Olly started to miss the mark for me. I loved his earlier big unashamed pop hits with the big singalong choruses. This song just falls flat and there's nothing really memorable about the song. Not really surprising that this failed to chart in the UK. :(
JakeP
Manager

Postby SummerPeur » Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:25 am

Ugh I love Olly Murs!!! Such a great spirit and his music only gets better and better.

I actually hadn't listened to some of his songs for so long, so I'm glad I stumbled across this!

Oh My Goodness is such a wonderful pop tune.
SummerPeur wrote:Time stops for the Kween everytime WBT is performed.
Goldmoney wrote:So does her microphone
SummerPeur
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:03 am

"Oh My Goodness" is beautiful! It's an easy Top 5 for me among Olly's catalogue.
Franklin’s music profoundly touched and changed the world, because over and over it offered that bridge to salvation, to freedom.
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby Mainshow » Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:50 pm

Sorry for replying so late :lol: Thanks for your comments!

Hope to keep this thread updated/continue doing it since I won't be travelling that much next year and after Olly is about to release a new album soon, I think it's a good idea to come up with the rest of this countdown.

Erotica wrote:Don't like both very much
That's a pity. Hope you will like the rest a bit more (especially since you won't enjoy the Ariana Grande edition of "Mainshow Goes Diva")

Leychen wrote:I'm not a huge fan of Olly Murs but he does have some nice radio hits. I'm excited to see how your list is going to unfold.
He's indeed quite a "radio hits" artist. Hope you will like the rest of this countdown.

Fan wrote:
Mainshow wrote:I am so glad you fell in love with "Atemlos durch die Nacht" - I am pretty sure there are more people living in Germany who are able to sing along to this track but don't know all words of our national anthem. The song was everywhere and it's still iconic.

I do love:

:lol: :lol: , I can actually imagine that!

I am sure I will be glad with this dick treatment. Olly's dick has made so many good singles, I just wonder how you placed them :P And I have a favourite that is maybe not that well known or popular, so I really hope it has made your countdown.

Better Than Me and 24 Hours didn't really make an impression on me, but Better Without You is very nice indeed and I LOVE Love You More. You know I love me some cheesy tunes :lol: I would rank In Case You Didn't Know as his best album, with Need You Now, I'm OK, This Song Is About You and Anywhere Else as best album tracks.

Oh My Goodness is such a lovely song as well, good to see it kicking off the top 10. Such a cute, little song and very uplifting. The video always made me smile as well. Beautiful To Me is a song I didn't know beforehand, but it is very good as well. Just love the tone of his voice.
Hehe! I love your phrase "dick treatment" :D I guess, it confirms the stereotype that Dutch people are bit kinky and naughty haha.
I can't wait to hear what your favourite song by Olly is! I hope it iwll make my countdown.

I am glad you enjoy "Love You MOre" that much! It's one of my favourite songs by him! Yeah.. some cheese needs to be served from time to time. ;)

Wow! I had no clue you didn't know "beautiful to me".. I am glad I was able to introduce you to a lovely tune by Olly! - Glad you like my #10!

Hope to see you back soon!
Mainshow
Legend

Postby Mainshow » Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:56 pm

JakeP wrote:Interesting in seeing how your Olly Murs countdown progresses. I find him quite inconsistent so i'm hoping some of my favourite tracks make an appearance. :D

Oh my goodness was quite good, not one of his strongest single releases but i loved the idea of filming the music video in a shopping precinct. :lol:

As for Beautiful to me, this was when Olly started to miss the mark for me. I loved his earlier big unashamed pop hits with the big singalong choruses. This song just falls flat and there's nothing really memorable about the song. Not really surprising that this failed to chart in the UK. :(
You're totally right about Olly being "quite inconsistent". He has so many amazing and lovely tunes, some catchy trend-chasing stuff and some bland moments.. but still, he has got a great music career so far and there are enough amazing singles to pick from ;)

Hehe. I am glad you enjoy the music video of "Oh My Goodness" :D - Sad to read you don't like "Beautiful To Me". It's a very beautiful song to me hehe.

SummerPeur wrote:Ugh I love Olly Murs!!! Such a great spirit and his music only gets better and better.

I actually hadn't listened to some of his songs for so long, so I'm glad I stumbled across this!

Oh My Goodness is such a wonderful pop tune.
So glad to have you on board! - Interesting to see that you think his music gets better and better. That's quite an unpopular opinion, though. Do you like his new song featuring Snoop Dogg?

Hope you still wanna listen to some of his music even though a whole year just passed :D ##

JSparksFan wrote:"Oh My Goodness" is beautiful! It's an easy Top 5 for me among Olly's catalogue.
I am glad I started my countdown with one of your Top 5 singles by Olly! There's more to come!
Mainshow
Legend

Postby Erotica » Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:05 pm

I hope I will as Olly has some nice singles. :)
Erotica
Legend

Postby Mainshow » Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:08 pm

#8: "Heart Skips A Beat (feat. Rizzle Kicks)" (2011)

This catchy tune taken from his second studio album, is arguably one of Olly's most popular and well-received and successful singles ever and I can totally understand why since this infectious summer-ish anthem mixing ska, reggae and pop is freaking catchy and should make everyone sing along to its melody who doesn't have a bad taste in music :D #harsh.It was massively huge in Germany hitting #1 and I think that's also how Olly Murs got famous here. Of course, the song couldn't miss my countdown and I think it's a great way to come back with "Mainshow Goes Dicks: Olly Murs" - Sorry it took me so long to update this :oops:
I loved the music video back in the day and it made me buy "an Olly Murs" hat haha #styleiconOlly
Mainshow
Legend

Postby Erotica » Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:14 pm

Heart skips a beat is a good song and was the first song I liked from him :)
Erotica
Legend

Postby Mainshow » Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:16 pm

#7: "Kiss Me" (2015)

Even though the song was a bit trend-chasing, I appreciated it that Olly was trying to come back with a new sound whilst staying true to himself. "Kisse Me" turned out to be one of my favourite singles by the British singer due to its uplifting beat and its catchy hook. It's a bit funky as well (I think Taio Cruz who co-wrote this song is kinda responsible for that). The accompanying music video isn't my cup of tea but oh well, he looks cute at least.

Sadly, it missed the Top 10 of the British single chart by only one spot... but now it's its time to shine. It's been ranked #7 on "Mainshow Goes Dicks" :D
Mainshow
Legend

Postby Erotica » Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:22 pm

Kiss me was great and one of his best songs in general. I think that was exactly the direction I wanted and still want for him. More songs in that style would be good.
Erotica
Legend

Postby Mainshow » Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:25 pm

#6: "Years & Years" (2016)

Another flop single by Olly Murs made my countdown. This time, it's "Years & Years" and tbh, lyrically, it's one of Olly's most beautiful songs ever. Olly is able to deal with evanescence in a very uplifting way. It's catchy, romantic, beautiful... It's highly underrated and should have been big everywhere! What a tune!
Mainshow
Legend

Return to Personal Charts