Ray's Female Voices Top 50

Moderators: JSparksFan, tdc2000, FreakyFlyBry

Postby RayRay » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:51 pm

At #27 it's Lady Gaga.

We have most of her cd's. (Only Joanne is missing.) And I've seen her live in concert a few years ago.

One of my favorite songs is Born This Way.

Other songs I really like:
Telephone
Alejandro
Hair
Bad Romance
Applause
Just Dance
Pokerface

Total Lady Gaga scrobbles: 269
RayRay
Legend

Postby RayRay » Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:53 am

Where have the little monsters gone?
RayRay
Legend

Postby RayRay » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:56 pm

At #26 it's Emily Sandé.

I have her debut CD.

One of my favorite songs is My Kind Of Love.

Next To Me
Read All About It Pt. III
Beneath Your Beautiful
Hurts

Total Emeli Sandé scrobbles: 277
RayRay
Legend

Postby SummerPeur » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:00 pm

Lady Gaga debuting in the Top 30.

I never enjoyed early Gaga - however she got my hooked on Gypsy for a while. She is a talented singer.

Emeli is bland.
Yeah, I Bloom
I, Bloom Just For You
I Bloom, Just For Youuuuu
SummerPeur
Superstar

Postby RayRay » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:02 pm

SummerPeur wrote:Emeli is bland.
One thing you cannot say about Emeli: "bland".
RayRay
Legend

Postby SummerPeur » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:04 pm

RayRay wrote:
I'm so sorry if you enjoy her :(. But just my personal opinion is that she has very little talent, and hasn't clicked with me at all.
Yeah, I Bloom
I, Bloom Just For You
SummerPeur
Superstar

Postby RayRay » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:28 pm

SummerPeur wrote:
RayRay wrote:
I'm so sorry if you enjoy her :(. But just my personal opinion is that she has very little talent, and hasn't clicked with me at all.
I understand she doesn't click with everyone, but saying she has "very little talent"... :o :o :o
She has written such deep lyrics and old school soul songs, that is talent to me.
RayRay
Legend

Postby RayRay » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:33 pm

So we enter The Top 25...

At #25 it's Martika.

I have both her cds. I got her to sign one. Very proud to have her autograph. :D

One of my favorite songs is Love Thy Will Be Done.

Toy Soldiers
I Feel The Earth Move
If You're Tarzan I'm Jane
Cross My Heart
Martika's Kitchen
Don't Say U Love Me
Mi Tierra

Total Martika scrobbles: 278
RayRay
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:05 am

Lady Gaga is phenomenal. She's talented, eccentric, versatile, passionate. In hindsight, her brief reign as the biggest female pop star in the world (from 2009-2011) was an immense era. She's probably among my Top 10 favourite acts of all-time.

Emeli has some fantastic ballads. Our Version of Events produced some classics.
My Tribute to Janet Jackson: [#1 Revealed!]

I lost myself to music at a very early age, and I remained there.
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby RayRay » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:00 pm

At #24 it's Leona Lewis.

I have all her cds.

One of my favorite songs is You Are The Reason with Calum Scott.

Bleeding Love
Better In Time
Homeless
Run
Glassheart (Acoustic)
Un Love Me

Total Leona Lewis scrobbles: 285
RayRay
Legend

Postby RayRay » Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:26 pm

At #23 it's En Vogue.

I have all their cds and I've seen them live in concert.

One of my favorite songs is Glamorous with Natalia.

Hold On
Strange
Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy
This Is Your Life
My Lovin' (You're Never Gonna Get It)
Free Your Mind
Yesterday
Giving Him Something He Can Feel
Desire
Riddle
Latin Soul

Total En Vogue scrobbles: 329
RayRay
Legend

Postby stevyy » Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:00 am

Sandé is amazing.
stevyy
Legend

Postby RayRay » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:17 pm

At #22 it's Wilson Phillips.

I have all their cds. Even the ones they made outside of Wilson Phillips as a duo or solo act.

One of my favorite songs is their #1 hit Hold On.

Release Me
Impulsive
You're In Love
You Won't See Me Cry
Daniel
Alone
All The Way From New York
Goodbye Carmen
Fueled For Houston
Where Are You
Go Your Own Way

Total Wilson Phillips scrobbles: 333
Last edited by RayRay on Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RayRay
Legend

Postby HotPotato » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:51 pm

Gaga was great when she was great - Poker Face, Paparazzi, Bad Romance, Alejandro, Telephone, Judas, Fashion Of His Love...never really liked Born This way the song. She has definitely lost her way and her unique spark, I did like Perfect Illusion but that's it from Joanne. She could do with going more bonkers again.

Aside from Next To Me I can't bear anything else from Sandé, I do find her grating.

Martika however is a pop goddess - I still marvel at how stunningly fesity and bold her debut album is and play loads from that all the time...aside from Toy Soldiers, More Than You Know and her great cover of I Feel The Earth Move I love flop single Water, You Got Me Into This, Cross My Heart (such a great track it was also on a Tracie Spencer album and a single release by Patsy Kensit's Eighth Wonder), the punchy See If I Care and If You're Tarzan I'm Jane. Really one of the best late 80s albums I think.

The second album was more of an overall dud but I do love Love... and Martika's Kitchen and possibly my favourite Martika track, cancelled single Temptation.

Leona's first album - a carbon copy of Mariah's debut even to the cover - was fab, though I still haven't gotten over Take A Bow not being a single. Pretty dull after that though Collide was ok. I can't bear her dull ballads, Run is particularly annoying. Aside from Take A Bow and Bleeding my faves are The Best You Never Had, It's You, Whatever It Takes and clunky but fun I'm Your Baby Tonight rip off Forgive Me.

En Vogue are goddesses, again their debut (despite a couple of throwaway ballads is stunning. My favourite tracks are Lies (album version, You Don't Have To Worry, Time Goes On, Strange, Boogie Woogie, Hold On of course, Silent Nite (Happy Holiday Mix), This Is Your Life, Yesterday, My Lovin' of course, Whatever, the sass sass sassy Riddle (Stargate mix), Love You Crazay, Those Dogs and I'm enjoying new single Rocket. The mixes of Time Goes On and You Don't Have To Worry on remix ep Remix To Sing are also both stunners.

Wilson Phillips also have some fab songs - Hold On of course but also Release Me, Impulsive, You're In Love, The Dream Is Still Alive, You Won't See Me Cry...and I do love Chynna's tracks on the Bye Bye Birdie tv movie soundtrack One Boy and especially If Momma Was Married.

Some great artists in that run. :)
This ain't gon be easy
HotPotato
Manager

Postby RayRay » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:06 pm

HotPotato wrote:Gaga was great when she was great - Poker Face, Paparazzi, Bad Romance, Alejandro, Telephone, Judas, Fashion Of His Love...never really liked Born This way the song. She has definitely lost her way and her unique spark, I did like Perfect Illusion but that's it from Joanne. She could do with going more bonkers again.

Martika however is a pop goddess - I still marvel at how stunningly fesity and bold her debut album is and play loads from that all the time...aside from Toy Soldiers, More Than You Know and her great cover of I Feel The Earth Move I love flop single Water, You Got Me Into This, Cross My Heart (such a great track it was also on a Tracie Spencer album and a single release by Patsy Kensit's Eighth Wonder), the punchy See If I Care and If You're Tarzan I'm Jane. Really one of the best late 80s albums I think.

The second album was more of an overall dud but I do love Love... and Martika's Kitchen and possibly my favourite Martika track, cancelled single Temptation.

Wilson Phillips also have some fab songs - Hold On of course but also Release Me, Impulsive, You're In Love, The Dream Is Still Alive, You Won't See Me Cry...and I do love Chynna's tracks on the Bye Bye Birdie tv movie soundtrack One Boy and especially If Momma Was Married.

Some great artists in that run. :)
Although I do love Born This Way, I agree with most of what you said about Gaga. Her later work can't compare to the great dance tracks she did in her earlier years.

I love both Martika's albums. Both are among my most favorite albums ever. Otherwise she couldn't have been in my list as she hasn't released an album since 1991. There's a part of me still hoping she will release another album one day.

Unfortunately the Chynna songs you mention are not on Spotify.
RayRay
Legend

Postby AlmondBreeze » Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:42 pm

Ironically, the moment I heard My Love Is For Real and the fact that it was the lead single off her new album, I knew it was all over for Paula. Which was a shame, as she was one of my all time faves until then.

It's criminal how you found Shania's CD in the trash/bargain bin. :D :D :D Shania is the 90's Dolly.

Fantasia has a one in a generation voice. I love her voice and presence. But just like Leona after her debut and like JHud, it is criminal how they cannot get hit songs to record.
AlmondBreeze
Manager

Postby SummerPeur » Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:24 am

Leona Lewis!!!

I'm so sad she faded away from being a major pop diva. She has so much potential still, and has such an amazing and unique voice.

Wilson Phillip

Gosh, does a song get any better then Hold On? Am surprised to see them this high though.
Yeah, I Bloom
I, Bloom Just For You
SummerPeur
Superstar

Postby RayRay » Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:39 am

AlmondBreeze wrote:Ironically, the moment I heard My Love Is For Real and the fact that it was the lead single off her new album, I knew it was all over for Paula. Which was a shame, as she was one of my all time faves until then.

It's criminal how you found Shania's CD in the trash/bargain bin. :D :D :D Shania is the 90's Dolly.
Don't you think My Love Is For Real is an amazing song?

I think someone got almost caught stealing cd's and therefor quickly threw a bunch of cd's in the trash bin, where I found them.
RayRay
Legend

Postby RayRay » Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:58 am

SummerPeur wrote:
Wilson Phillips

Gosh, does a song get any better then Hold On? Am surprised to see them this high though.
Their first two albums are among the best ever. Just like Martika's first two albums. Although they have been released around 1990, I still go back to these songs regularly.
RayRay
Legend

Postby AlmondBreeze » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:05 am

Alas, I hated My Love Is For Real the moment I heard it. Which shocked me to the core, given I was such a Paula fan and thought she could do no wrong.

The sound of Wilson Philips is just the definition of chilling at the beach. To me, they always sounded like the cool fresh summer breeze while at the beach.

My favourite Shanice song is "Saving Forever For You" - the songwriting (Diane Warren I think) and the vocals and the whistles gave me life. Also, it was on the soundtrack to Beverly Hills 90210, so it was the early 90's version of a Glee soundtrack song.
AlmondBreeze
Manager

Postby AlmondBreeze » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:09 am

HotPotato wrote:Gaga was great when she was great - Poker Face, Paparazzi, Bad Romance, Alejandro, Telephone, Judas, Fashion Of His Love...never really liked Born This way the song. She has definitely lost her way and her unique spark, I did like Perfect Illusion but that's it from Joanne. She could do with going more bonkers again.

Leona's first album - a carbon copy of Mariah's debut even to the cover - was fab, though I still haven't gotten over Take A Bow not being a single. Pretty dull after that though Collide was ok. I can't bear her dull ballads, Run is particularly annoying. Aside from Take A Bow and Bleeding my faves are The Best You Never Had, It's You, Whatever It Takes and clunky but fun I'm Your Baby Tonight rip off Forgive Me.

Wilson Phillips also have some fab songs - Hold On of course but also Release Me, Impulsive, You're In Love, The Dream Is Still Alive, You Won't See Me Cry....
So much truth in one post!!!
AlmondBreeze
Manager

Postby HotPotato » Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:46 pm

AlmondBreeze wrote:

Wilson Phillips also have some fab songs - Hold On of course but also Release Me, Impulsive, You're In Love, The Dream Is Still Alive, You Won't See Me Cry....
So much truth in one post!!!
:P 8-)
This ain't gon be easy
HotPotato
Manager

Postby RayRay » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:23 pm

AlmondBreeze wrote:Alas, I hated My Love Is For Real the moment I heard it. Which shocked me to the core, given I was such a Paula fan and thought she could do no wrong.

My favourite Shanice song is "Saving Forever For You" - the songwriting (Diane Warren I think) and the vocals and the whistles gave me life. Also, it was on the soundtrack to Beverly Hills 90210, so it was the early 90's version of a Glee soundtrack song.
Can't believe you hate on My Love Is For Real. I thought it would be her biggest hit. I thought it was such a huge step up with this new sound and stunning video.

Saving Forever For You is such a beautiful song. Beverly Hills 90210 was my favorite series at that time.
RayRay
Legend

Postby Erotica » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:25 pm

RayRay wrote:
Erotica wrote:I love Rihanna, P!nk and Shania :)

Meghan Trainor annoys me to be honest
What don't you like about her?
Her songs sound annoying ^^
I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?
Erotica
Legend

Postby RayRay » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:29 pm

Erotica wrote:
RayRay wrote:
Erotica wrote:I love Rihanna, P!nk and Shania :)

Meghan Trainor annoys me to be honest
What don't you like about her?
Her songs sound annoying ^^
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
RayRay
Legend

Return to Personal Charts