Summer's Top 100 Songs - #73

Moderators: JSparksFan, tdc2000, FreakyFlyBry

Postby SummerPeur » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:08 am

At #84 Mariah proves shes that chick we like 8-)

SummerPeur wrote:Time stops for the Kween everytime WBT is performed.
Goldmoney wrote:So does her microphone
SummerPeur
Legend

Postby SummerPeur » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:10 am

For #83 we have the bubblegum pop Beat Of My Heart - Only appearance for Hilary.

SummerPeur
Legend

Postby SummerPeur » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:12 am

Bowling out at #82 is one of the best songs released from an Australian artist - Believe again.

SummerPeur
Legend

Postby Erotica » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:41 pm

I'm that chick is nice
I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?
Erotica
Legend

Postby SummerPeur » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:29 am

Erotica wrote:I'm that chick is nice
True standout from the parent album E=MC2. 8-)
SummerPeur
Legend

Postby Goldmoney » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:51 am

Like Pac, all eyez on me.

Kween is so hood. 8-)
Goldmoney
Legend

Postby SummerPeur » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:25 am

Goldmoney wrote:Like Pac, all eyez on me.

Kween is so hood. 8-)
Kween invited hood.
SummerPeur
Legend

Postby SummerPeur » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:27 am

#81 belongs to the Katy driven 'Feels'.

SummerPeur
Legend

Postby SummerPeur » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:29 am

Making her debut at #80, is the O.G it girl, Paris..

SummerPeur
Legend

Postby SummerPeur » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:30 am

Coming in at #79 is a song that made a huge impact on me recently. The bottom anthem, Bloom

SummerPeur
Legend

Postby Erotica » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:53 pm

All three are good
I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?
Erotica
Legend

Postby MusicRecords » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:52 am

Yes those last 3 are pretty good, Bloom has been stuck in my head for long 8-)
Follow me on Instagram

The ONLY user to have a thread beat Mariah on the Ukmix Hot 100

#KING
MusicRecords
HRH King Nick III

Postby SummerPeur » Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:53 am

Erotica wrote:All three are good
MusicRecords wrote:Yes those last 3 are pretty good, Bloom has been stuck in my head for long 8-)
I honestly did not expect people to enjoy Paris's song as much as me :lol:, but I'm glad you both do! :D
SummerPeur
Legend

Postby SummerPeur » Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:03 am

At #78 we have Britney making her first appearance in the countdown.

SummerPeur
Legend

Postby SummerPeur » Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:05 am

For #77 we have the beautiful song 1000 Stars. A song that got me through my first break up.

SummerPeur
Legend

Postby SummerPeur » Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:07 am

One of a couple soundtrack songs in the countdown, very few come close to the masterpiece which is Journey To The Past.

SummerPeur
Legend

Postby JakeP » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:00 am

Hi SummerPeur :D

So i think its about time i started commenting on this fabulous countdown. :wink: I'm gonna try and comment in blocks of 10 or something as i suspect i'm gonna love most of these songs. :P

#100 - With You - Jessica Simpson

I vaguely remember this from the early 00s but it wasn’t one of those songs that really stood enough for me to truly love. My favourite Jessica single is her cover of These boots were made for walking. Can i get a yeehaw! :lol:

#99 - I Got You - Leona Lewis

Leona will always be one of the best singers i discovered on The x factor so it find it so disappointing how Leona’s fortunes seemed to run out after the release of Echo. This didn’t deserved to flop as much as it did. :(

#97 - Holding Out For A Hero - Bonnie Tyler

This is such an iconic 80s anthem. I just love how dramatic the song sounds from the second it starts. It just keeps building with those big powerful backing vocals. I’d even say i prefer this more than Total eclipse of the heart.

#96 - Bittersweet Goodbye - Kylie Minogue

:cry: Such a gorgeous ballad that doesn’t require any big flashy frills. Just a pure and honest track and Kylie sounds so angelic. I can understand why this wasn’t a single as Kylie was bringing pop bops back to the charts, but this is an underrated gem. <3

#95 - I Just Wanna Dance - Tiffany

Oh! :oops: So i saw the name and thought it was gonna be the other Tiffany who is famous for I think we’re alone now. :lol: Listening now for the first time, its pretty good but tbh i’ve never really paid much attention to these k-pop artists. :oops:

#94 - Can't Take That Away - Mariah Carey

So i know just how popular Mariah is on UK Mix but i have to admit, i never really fully checked out any of Mariah’s albums so only know her big hits. :oops: But i’m listening to this now for the first time and it’s so stunningly beautiful. It’s a bit like Kylie’s entry at #96, both gorgeous ballads but i can understand why the record label didn’t think they would make suitable singles. A nice little discovery. <3

#93 - Reach - S Club 7

Yay! My childhood idols. Gosh i loved S Club 7 so much in the late 90s/early 00s and also loved their CBBC tv series. They had some amazing pop songs and Reach is definitely amongst their best hits. Such a shame this never got to #1 as i think it was one of their biggest hits overall.

#92 - Untouched - The Veronicas

Ahh yes i remember this being on MTV quite a lot around the time of its release. Then i don’t think i ever heard anything else until In my blood two years ago. Great song. <3

#91 - All Fired Up - The Saturdays

LOL this is such a throwback to the early 10s. I always thought The Saturdays had huge potential when they first started out and find it commendable that these girls continued to get hit singles a good 4/5 years after they started out. All fired up isn’t my absolute favourite single of theirs, but its still a solid gold pop anthem.
JakeP
Superstar

Postby JakeP » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:35 am

Might as well bring things up to speed. :P

#90 - When I Saw You - Mariah Carey

Yet another gorgeous r’n’b flavoured ballad from the queen of hearts. :lol: The melody in the song is similar to Mariah’s other single Thank god i found you.

#89 - Team - Iggy

Gosh what a contrast to Mariah. :lol: This got to #5 in my chart but i got over the song quite quickly so it was a short lived hit.

#88 - One Step At A Time - Jordin Sparks

Ahh yes i remember this. Jordin had an excellent run of singles in the UK and this was a great track.

#87 - Love - Kylie Minogue

Bringing things right up to date, Golden is still quite comfortably my favourite album of the year so far. One of those rare albums where i love every song on the album, but sadly Love ended up being one of those songs i didn’t really go back to for multiple plays. I just found myself preferring many of the other album tracks more. That said, Love is undoubtably a real joy. <3

#86 - Maneater - Nelly Furtado

Total anthem and one of the best UK #1s of the 00s (as per my own countdown last year where Nelly Furtado finished 9th :wink: ). The whole Loose was incredible with a string of hit singles where i loved every single track.

#85 - Together Again - Janet Jackson

From one anthem to another. <3 As i’ve previously posted in Akini’s chart thread, Together again is hands down my all time favourite Janet single. It’s the perfect way of celebrating the life of someone you’ve known and through the heartbreak of losing someone close, crafting a perfect pop song that has an uplifting message.

#82 - Believe Again - Delta Goodrem

This song is truly mesmerising. Everything about Believe again is epic and sensational. I loved this so much at the time and i still think the edited version used in the music video doesn’t do the song much justice I love the original and how it just continues building right up to its climax. Delta at her ultimate best here. <3

#81 - Feels - Calvin, Pharrell, Katy, Sean

Calvin Harris has been one of the most successful artists in my chart since 2013. Feels is currently his most successful single in my own chart. This song was the sound of summer 2017 for me and i still think Pharrell, Katy and Big Sean were the perfect featured artists on the song. I especially loved those parrots in the music video. :lol:

#79 - Bloom - Troye Sivan

Fabulous darling. <3 I’ve been a fan of Troye’s since Happy little pill in 2014. I never thought i’d see Troye embracing his sexuality quite like he has done this year, but i’ve been fascinated in seeing Troye becoming ever more confident and comfortable expressing himself the way he wants to. It’s such a beautiful thing to see.

#78 - Oops!... I Did It Again - Britney Spears

ICONIC <3 Another of my personal favourite #1 singles from the 00s. I quickly became a big Britney fan in 1999 when she started out, and throughout the 00s i was always curious to hear new music. I do think Britney became a bit inconsistent as time went on, but the songs i enjoy, i really enjoy.
JakeP
Superstar

Postby SummerPeur » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:28 am

JakeP wrote:Hi SummerPeur :D

So i think its about time i started commenting on this fabulous countdown. :wink: I'm gonna try and comment in blocks of 10 or something as i suspect i'm gonna love most of these songs. :P
Hi yah Jake! Thanks for stopping by again :D, appreciate it! Hahah we usually do have the same opinion with most songs, bar a few noticeable ones Image

JakeP wrote:#100 - With You - Jessica Simpson
it wasn’t one of those songs that really stood enough for me to truly love.

#99 - I Got You - Leona Lewis
run out after the release of Echo. This didn’t deserved to flop as much as it did. :(
I think With You is such a classic from JS. I think it was exactly on trend at the time, but I agree it hasn't aged too well. Another year or so and it'll be out of the Top100 for me.

I 100% agree regarding Leona. This song deserved so much more :cry:

JakeP wrote:#97 - Holding Out For A Hero - Bonnie Tyler
This is such an iconic 80s anthem.

#96 - Bittersweet Goodbye - Kylie Minogue
:cry: Such a gorgeous ballad that doesn’t require any big flashy frills. Just a pure and honest track and Kylie sounds so angelic.
Surprisingly, I only really noticed Bonnie due to the song being used in Shrek :lol: which sounds really bad, but I loved it!

This song makes me cry everytime - it's such an emotional song that your heart just cries with you :(

JakeP wrote:#94 - Can't Take That Away - Mariah Carey
i’m listening to this now for the first time and it’s so stunningly beautiful. It’s a bit like Kylie’s entry at #96, both gorgeous ballads

#91 - All Fired Up - The Saturdays
LOL this is such a throwback to the early 10s. I always thought The Saturdays had huge potential .
You know, thats very true about Kylie + Mariah - I guess that's why there are very similarly ranked for me. Both carry their own within their songs.

YES!!!!! Saturdays had so much potential, but I think they just didn't have the drive and passion to make it WW or continue on as a group. However I do think they are one of the better girl bands to come out of the UK for sure!

(I'll get to your second part a little bit later today when I have more time :) )
SummerPeur
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:01 pm

Ah, "One Step at a Time" is lovely. Wise lyrics and an irresistibly catchy melody. "Maneater" is decent. "Together Again" is a masterpiece.

I'm actually not a big fan of "I'm That Chick". "Believe Again" is a stunner. "Feels" is a bop. "Oops!...I Did It Again" is a massive explosion of pop brilliance.

I just listened to S Club 7's "Reach". It's not bad!
Franklin’s music profoundly touched and changed the world, because over and over it offered that bridge to salvation, to freedom.
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:52 am

Looking forward to the next update! :D
Franklin’s music profoundly touched and changed the world, because over and over it offered that bridge to salvation, to freedom.
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby Spartan » Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:15 pm

JSparksFan wrote:Ah, "One Step at a Time" is lovely. Wise lyrics and an irresistibly catchy melody. "Maneater" is decent. "Together Again" is a masterpiece.

I'm actually not a big fan of "I'm That Chick". "Believe Again" is a stunner. "Feels" is a bop. "Oops!...I Did It Again" is a massive explosion of pop brilliance.

I just listened to S Club 7's "Reach". It's not bad!
You'd never heard Reach before? :o

I need to follow this countdown, anyone with Bassingthwaighte present on their countdown is clearly amazing. Believe Again and Beat Of My Heart are great too.
Spartan
Legend

Postby SummerPeur » Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:10 am

At #75 we have the stand alone sonic - If you could read my mind.

SummerPeur
Legend

Postby SummerPeur » Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:12 am

A song that is ear candy for me and never fails to get me up in the club - Sugar comes in at #74.

SummerPeur
Legend

Postby SummerPeur » Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:15 am

The heartfelt theme song to many heartbreaks is at #73, Leona's Bleeding Love.

SummerPeur
Legend

Return to Personal Charts