Spartan's A-Z Chart (G)

Moderators: JSparksFan, tdc2000, FreakyFlyBry

Postby Spartan » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:43 am

Two album tracks here, so I don't expect many people to have heard them (so I'll move onto E quickly). The first is a Brandon Flowers track (though it could easily be a Killers track), Dreams Come True is a typical rock track but the chorus is amazing. Not many people rank it highly among his songs but I think it's great. The second is a Rachel Stevens track - she's produced one of the best pop albums of all-time and Dumb Dumb is a catchy little pop number.
Spartan
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:02 am

"Dreams Come True" is okay, and "Dumb Dumb" is forgettable. It's a good thing neither were singles.
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby Mainshow » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:08 am

Rachel Stevens is sooooooooooooo random haha.. but I love to see Brandon Flowers! His album was so amazing! would love to get a new one!
Mainshow
Legend

Postby cheapthrills » Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:29 am

Why am I not surprised that Spartan has stayed stuck on the D
cheapthrills
Superstar

Postby Spartan » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:13 pm

cheapthrills wrote:Why am I not surprised that Spartan has stayed stuck on the D
:wink:

I’m away in the States at the moment so I’ll gradually move onto E when I’m back.
Spartan
Legend

Postby Fan » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:21 pm

cheapthrills wrote:Why am I not surprised that Spartan has stayed stuck on the D
:lol: :lol:

I am always here for some Rachel Stevens love and the pop masterpiece that was Come And Get It <3
Dumb Dumb is a fun song.
i wanna see you on your knees, wanna see you begging
Fan
Legend

Postby Spartan » Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:23 pm

Sorry for the delay, took a little break from the site to indulge in real-life. :lol:

Not one but two British girlgroups hve songs here. Until I compiled this, I wasn't aware of how many Sugababes songs I actually liked (apparently it's quite a few, the Girls Aloud stan in me is upset). Easy was a tune made for their greatest hits album, while not their best it certainly is a good pop song and has a great chorus. On the other hand, Ego is one of The Saturdays finest tunes which is saying something as they produced so many awesome pop songs back in the day.
Spartan
Legend

Postby Spartan » Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:29 pm

Delta Goodrem produces a single that is unlike her predecessors, it features rapping. At first I was sceptical, but Enough really grew on me over time and the rap contrasts well with Delta at her piano combined with her lovely vocals. The other song needs no real description but it's The Police's classic Every Breath You Take, which has now become my favourite song by them.
Spartan
Legend

Postby Benny » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:35 pm

'Every Breath You Take' is a great song but massive overplay has sadly ruined it for me.
Benny
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:48 am

"Easy" is good. It's no "Push the Button", but I like it. "Ego" is quality pop. It sounds a teensy dated now, but I'd still bop to it.

"Enough" is fantastic! I sometimes forget how amazing it is. It really is among her top 10 songs. Brilliant vocal, instrumentation, and rap. "Every Breath You Take" - the stalker's anthem - is a classic. It's beautiful.
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby Spartan » Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:43 pm

Benny wrote:'Every Breath You Take' is a great song but massive overplay has sadly ruined it for me.
I'm glad I don't listen to the radio too much then. :lol:

JSparksFan wrote:"Easy" is good. It's no "Push the Button", but I like it. "Ego" is quality pop. It sounds a teensy dated now, but I'd still bop to it.

"Enough" is fantastic! I sometimes forget how amazing it is. It really is among her top 10 songs. Brilliant vocal, instrumentation, and rap. "Every Breath You Take" - the stalker's anthem - is a classic. It's beautiful.
I forget how amazing most of Delta's songs are - she's so fantastic.
Spartan
Legend

Postby Spartan » Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:43 pm

From their second greatest hits compilation, Every Now And Then was one of three original songs that Girls Aloud recorded in that era. At the time, it was overshadowed by Something New and On The Metro, but it's a fantastic pop song and has a killer beat. I often listen to it driving and it really works well. The other song is a classic by R.E.M, Everybody Hurts is admittedly a very depressing song but fantastic nonetheless.
Spartan
Legend

Postby Benny » Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:40 pm

Spartan wrote:The other song is a classic by R.E.M, Everybody Hurts is admittedly a very depressing song but fantastic nonetheless.
That's why I never listen to it. But it's a great song, I agree, by a great band.
Benny
Legend

Postby Spartan » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:47 am

Benny wrote:
Spartan wrote:The other song is a classic by R.E.M, Everybody Hurts is admittedly a very depressing song but fantastic nonetheless.
That's why I never listen to it. But it's a great song, I agree, by a great band.
Awww, I enjoy listening to depressing songs sometimes.
Spartan
Legend

Postby Spartan » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:47 am

The most successful female artist of all-time, Barbra Streisand, has a massive repertoire of songs to choose from. I chose to include her rendition of Everybody Says Don't from 'Anyone Can Whistle', a great Stephen Sondheim song where Babs' rasps sound fantastic. The other entry is a more modern rock song from Neon Trees - they've had a few great songs but Everybody Talks is easily their strongest track.
Spartan
Legend

Postby Spartan » Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:13 pm

LeAnn Rimes, an artist who seems to have vanished into nothingness, teams up with Brian McFadden for a soft little duet called Everybody's Someone. I don't think it's a very well-known song and it didn't set the charts alight but their two voices blend very well together and it's a pleasant listen. The other song here, I'd be surprised if anyone didn't know, Eye Of The Tiger is from the classic Rocky movie - those opening chords and that chorus are instantly recognisable.
Spartan
Legend

Postby Benny » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:25 am

Eye of the Tiger is amazing, one of the greatest 80s classics!
Benny
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:13 am

"Every Now and Then" is let down slightly by its verses, but that glossy, fabulous chorus is addictive! "Everybody Hurts" does drag a bit, but it's a beautiful ballad.

"Everybody Says Don't" is great, though I do feel the need to point out that Barbra is the most successful female recording artist in the US; Madonna is the #1 selling female worldwide. :wink: "Everybody Talks" is infectious! I feel like the Glee Cast covered it at some point, too.

"Everybody's Someone" is good. LeAnn's, vocals, though are brilliant. She has such a stunning voice. "Eye of the Tiger" is definitely one of the most recognisable tracks in music history. It's an undisputed classic!
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby Spartan » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:45 pm

JSparksFan wrote:"Every Now and Then" is let down slightly by its verses, but that glossy, fabulous chorus is addictive! "Everybody Hurts" does drag a bit, but it's a beautiful ballad.

"Everybody Says Don't" is great, though I do feel the need to point out that Barbra is the most successful female recording artist in the US; Madonna is the #1 selling female worldwide. :wink: "Everybody Talks" is infectious! I feel like the Glee Cast covered it at some point, too.

"Everybody's Someone" is good. LeAnn's, vocals, though are brilliant. She has such a stunning voice. "Eye of the Tiger" is definitely one of the most recognisable tracks in music history. It's an undisputed classic!
Yeah the verses are lyrically a bit basic on EN&T. I like to give Barbra more credit because she's so underrated on here. Yes, Glee did a good job with it too.

Glad you enjoyed LeAnn's song!
Spartan
Legend

Postby Spartan » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:45 pm

Two very different songs here. Faithfully being a great power ballad by Journey, such a good tune. While Faster Kill Pussycat was a great dance collaboration between Oakenfold and the late Brittany Murphy.
Spartan
Legend

Postby Benny » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:59 pm

'Faithfully' is nice, probably my favourite Journey song together with 'Who's Crying Now'.
Benny
Legend

Postby Spartan » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:11 pm

Far From Over is from the Saturday Night Fever sequel and was nominated for an Academy Award for best original song, it's definitely a great instrumental of a track. Fields Of Gold is Sting's best and most well-known song - and I definitely rate it above anything done by The Police.
Spartan
Legend

Postby Benny » Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:40 pm

Fields of Gold is beautiful, Sting's best solo song.
Benny
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:57 am

"Faithfully" is kinda boring. I much prefer that other Journey song. :wink: I actually didn't know Brittany Murphy was a singer as well! I thought she was just an actress. Either way, the song is bleh.

"Far from Over" is a bop! There's a part in the chorus that reminds me of the hook in Girls Aloud's "The Promise". "Fields of Gold" is plain, but not bad.
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby Spartan » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:28 am

Benny wrote:Fields of Gold is beautiful, Sting's best solo song.
Yes, definitely. Prefer it to most of The Police stuff too.

JSparksFan wrote:"Faithfully" is kinda boring. I much prefer that other Journey song. :wink: I actually didn't know Brittany Murphy was a singer as well! I thought she was just an actress. Either way, the song is bleh.

"Far from Over" is a bop! There's a part in the chorus that reminds me of the hook in Girls Aloud's "The Promise". "Fields of Gold" is plain, but not bad.
There's another Journey song? :lol: After Glee, I just got fed up of hearing Don't Stop Believin' for the 525,600th time. I just can't hear The Promise in Far From Over aside from quite similar percussion music.
Spartan
Legend

Return to Personal Charts