Jon's Worst 10 Songs 2005

Moderators: tdc2000, JSparksFan, FreakyFlyBry

Postby Jon » Tue Dec 27, 2005 3:33 pm

Before revealing my TOP-100, I would like to present the 10 worst songs, which have really annoyed me in year 2005.

Firts I would like to say that there have only been 3 really bad songs this year, places 4-10 are just overplayed songs, from which I'm tired of listening. Let's start the countdown then.

10. Kelly Osbourne - One Word

Weeks: 8
Peak: #30

Kelly Osbourne is at #10. Her problem is she herself. She always wants to get attention and she's so moody. Well, she is still from famous Osbourne family. We have all heard stories about them.
After releasing a dance-rock album this year, Kelly's music has been surprisingly popular in clubs. First single from album called One Word was remixed by Chris Cox and it became a real powerful hit. It reached to TOP-10 in UK and landed #9 in May.
When I first heard it, I liked it a little, that explains an eight-week chart run. If radios and clubs would stopped playing this at the time it dropped out from my chart, then Kelly would not be in this chart. Even today I heard this again from radio. I think the time of One Word is over. Even Chris Cox couldn't make this so good.

9. Kylie Minogue - I Believe In You

DNC

The second woman in this chart is Kylie Minogue. She has had very difficult times recently due to cancer, but I hope that she is strong and can be fine. I'm sure that Oliver Martinez will help her too.
I Believe In You was released at the end of 2004 actually, but the main airplay was in January and February. In UK she charted at #2. Song is equipped with Mylo's remix, which surprisingly doesn't make it better. Still, enough...I was shocked when Kylie became nr.1 in European Dance Traxx in January.
I didn't like the song from the beginning and it didn't make it to my chart at all. Kylie's last great single was Red Blooded Woman. After that she has been a disappointment to me.

Tomorrow I will reveal places 7-8 and there are two urban tracks.
Jon
Superstar

Postby Jasmine » Tue Dec 27, 2005 3:44 pm

Wow Jon! Actually I don't think that these two are so bad :lol:
Never gonna give it up,
I never wanna stop...
Jasmine
Manager

Postby Terence » Tue Dec 27, 2005 3:54 pm

'I Believe In You' was good before it got overplayed (on the radios, in the clubs and MOST OF ALL in my friends' cars!) :x I don't mind 'One Word'.
Terence
Euro-trash Freak

Postby Cornholio » Tue Dec 27, 2005 4:00 pm

Well, the first two worst songs for you Jo, are quite good... One of them, Kylie Minogue is inside my top 100 of the year :wink: xox.
Cornholio
Manager

Postby Marius » Tue Dec 27, 2005 4:00 pm

When I first saw the topic title I though "This will resemble my top 10 best...". I'm glad, so far it has not happened...

I quite liked Kylie though. The other is such a blatant rip off Visage that I hate it totally.
Let's have a second referendum
Marius
Legend

Postby grooveboy » Tue Dec 27, 2005 4:38 pm

"One Word" is best song so far for that brat of Kelly Osbourne, and I would not put Kylie in top 10 'cos song is totally ok
grooveboy
Superstar

Postby chris975 » Tue Dec 27, 2005 6:17 pm

Jasmine wrote:Wow Jon! Actually I don't think that these two are so bad :lol:
agreed, especially Kylie :D :wink:
chris975
Legend

Postby Plym » Tue Dec 27, 2005 7:33 pm

Jon has excellent taste in music so I'm looking forward to this.
Plym
Take Care

Postby Tiger » Tue Dec 27, 2005 8:50 pm

I like both! :o
These foolish games are tearing me apart

My CHART
Tiger
Lover Of (Mostly) Everything Pop

Postby Virgostar » Wed Dec 28, 2005 12:22 am

Oh I like Kylie's one, but agreed on Kelly, that was somewhere in my top 20 worst songs!
Let's embrace the point of no return.
Virgostar
Ex-Admin

Postby Grybop » Wed Dec 28, 2005 1:31 am

Something's telling me I won't like this chart :lol:
They need rappers like me
So they can get on their ****' keyboards and make me the bad guy, Chun-Li
Grybop
Anti-PR Executive

Postby pepster » Wed Dec 28, 2005 2:24 am

Good start with #10, but not #9
pepster
Legend

Postby Jon » Wed Dec 28, 2005 8:08 pm

Well, it's time to move on. After two dance songs, which should belong to pop category, the chart continues with two R&B songs.

8. Pras Michel feat. Sharli McQueen - Haven't Found

DNC

Pras Michel is the guy who made quite good song called Ghetto Superstar. That was many years ago. After collabriation with Dante Thomas I still liked him. Then he disappeared from music scene for two years.
Unfortunately he didn't come back good. In 2005 he released a song called Haven't Found. I'm not sure if it was released in UK, but it came to Estonia for a month. It did not appear in my chart although it got a lot of airplay.
The other aspect, which is annoying, is the vocals of Sharli McQueen. She may be a good singer and fit correctly into the song, but this song is so ordinary and simple. That makes it rather boring and I don't want to listen to it anymore.

7. Nitty - Nasty Girl

DNC

Nitty released his first single in January 2005. This guy is from New York and has connections with Nelly, Snoop Dogg and Ashanti. He is the man from who I haven't heard anything before and after that single.
It was released in USA probably and didn't reach to UK. I don't remember that it could be in TOP-75. And it's not so bad song which just misses out from that. :lol: In Estonia it was unfortunately popular. All my friends liked it. I was the only one who couldn't stand this.
Nasty Girl is almost the same as that Pras Michel one. Very easy and sweet song, which is trying to be funny. In the middle a girl with sexy voice says something. If you like Jamesy P - Nookie, then you like these two songs too.

The chart will continue tomorrow.
Jon
Superstar

Postby Benjamin » Wed Dec 28, 2005 8:19 pm

I love Kelly and Kelly, and I like Pras, but OMFG I HATE that Nitty song! It's so annoying! :evil:
The video's stupid too, it's so NOT funny, BLEGH! :evil:
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby chris975 » Wed Dec 28, 2005 8:46 pm

I haven't heard Pras but Nitty's track is really awful :roll:
chris975
Legend

Postby Tiger » Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:02 pm

Awww I loved Nitty :lol:

My CHART
Tiger

Postby Terence » Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:10 pm

Yeah Nitty's a guilty pleasure of mine but I can see why people loathe it!
Terence
Euro-trash Freak

Postby Tiger » Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:21 pm

:lol: I can see too! It samples Sugar Sugar doesn't it?

My CHART
Tiger

Postby Plym » Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:23 pm

Tiger wrote::lol: I can see too! It samples Sugar Sugar doesn't it?
Yup, and pretty awfully too.
The song would be actually half decent if it wasn't for that bog awful chorus!
Plym
Take Care

Postby Cornholio » Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:26 pm

Happy for me that your number 8 is unknown, and your number 7 I heard it a bunch of times, and it sucks :lol: xox.
Cornholio
Manager

Postby Virgostar » Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:42 pm

Hoorah, someone's got tunes that are in my worst chart as well! Agreed on Nitty, terrible song (even worse that he had to sample one of my fave 60's songs too)!
Let's embrace the point of no return.
Virgostar
Ex-Admin

Postby Cypher » Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:03 pm

You could be onto something with Pras and Nitty - they're not entirely awful, just unremarkable really.

Totally disagree on Kylie and Kelly, tho'...

Regards,

Cypher
Cypher
Superstar

Postby darkhorse_86 » Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:32 pm

If you're worst song are considered to be the best for me, well that means that you're top 100 should be ace?

Looking forward to it.

Loved One word and I believe in you... but they're not overplayed here 8-)

Hope to see a crazy frog at the top of the worse songs.
darkhorse_86
Personal Assistant

Postby Jasmine » Thu Dec 29, 2005 5:04 pm

I don't know your #8 either, and I could agree with your #7 8-)
Never gonna give it up,
I never wanna stop...
Jasmine
Manager

Postby Jon » Thu Dec 29, 2005 5:31 pm

It's time to see the places 6-5.

6. Cabin Crew - Star To Fall

DNC

Place nr. 6 is an odd dance song. Before this year there was an old lovely song Boy Meets Girl - Waiting For A Star To Fall. In 2005 three artists attacked one and the same sample of this song. Mylo made a different and unique song from that. Sunset Strippers was quite fine. But this has to be the worst from these three. And actually it is so bad that it is even in 10 worst songs of the year.
Cabin Crew is nothing, well they are Ben Garden & Rob Kittler, but that doesn't tell anything. It wasn't overplayed in Estonia, but one of my friend who is a dj said that it was better and bigger club hit that Falling Stars. I think it's rather boring and pointless release. It could have been enough of only one cover version.
The CD-single says that includes Uniting Nations remix and video. The remix is better than original, but can't be compared with Uniting Nations own releases. Video is total crap. It's not even sexy like most of dance videos.

5. Madonna - Hung Up

Weeks: 6
Peak: #25

I think this is a big shock for all of you. 8-) Madonna is nr. 5 with super successful single and great dancefloor anthem. I don't know any bigger charts in which Hung Up hasn't been number one. Actually most of the people like it too. In sixpack game it is one of the favorites for the winner 2005. This is totally good global song, which will go to history.
IMO Madonna is overrated. Hung Up would be much better if it's not overplayed. When I first heard that Madonna is coming back with dance album, I was fascinated. The fact that Stuart Price was co-producer was more interesting. Then my illusions were broken. Madonna's song was average. Stuart Price's remixes were just extended versions of original and I didn't like them much.
Still first I tried to enjoy the song. It was even in my chart for some weeks. But then I realized that it won't grow on me and it dropped out from my TOP-40. Since that it has been quite annoying to me and I turn off my radio when I hear this.

Now I will be killed by all UKMIX members. Tomorrow two bad singles will be revealed again.
Jon
Superstar

Return to Year End Personal Charts