I really want to do a Top40 Albums of 2005 too, so here's my chart:
40. Will Smith- Lost And Found
Will's comeback album at #40. I like this album, but there are times I can't stand it! It depends on my mood..
1. Tell Me Why (ft Mary J Blige) 2. I Wish I Made That 3. If U Can't Dance (ft Nicole from PCD) 4. Switch 5. Mr Niceguy
39. Natalie Imbruglia- Counting Down The Days
Natalie's comeback did dissapoint me a little. Shiver was a great song, but the rest of the album is average, and ain't better than her previous ones.
1. Shiver 2. Starting Today 3. Counting Down The Days 4. Perfectly 5. Satisfied
38. Missy Elliott- The Cookbook
Sorry to say it, but Missy's gettin worse and worse. I love Lose Control, but the rest of the album's not that good. My fav Missy album is Miss E.. So Addictive, and this ain't even come close.
1. Lose Control (ft Ciara) 2. On & On (ft Pharrell) 3. My Struggles (ft Grand Puba & M J Blige) 4. Teary Eyed 5. Meltdown
37. Trina- The Glamorest Life
I was really lookin forward for the new Trina album. Her previous album Diamond Princess is one of my alltime fav albums, I liked every song on it. The new album is good, got some great songs, but it ain't Diamond Princess
1. Don't Trip (ft Lil Wayne) 2. Here We Go (ft Kelly Rowland) 3. It's Your B-Day 4. Da Club (ft Mannie Fresh) 5. Shake (ft Lil Scrappy)
36. Lindsay Lohan- A Little More Personal
I bought this album tuesday, but I really want to put it on my list. I have to hear it more, but this is a real good album!
1. Edge Of Seventeen 2. I Live For The Day 3. Black Hole 4. My Innocence 5. A Beautiful Life
35. Shakira- Oral Fixation Volume 2
This album has to grow on me. I think it's a great album, but there's not really a stand-out. Tho it's a solid album.
1. Something 2. Animal City 3. Don't Bother 4. How Do You Do 5. Illegal (ft Carlos Santana)
34. Teairra Mari- Teairra Mari
Roc-A-Fella's Princess Teairra Mari got a proper debut album. I fell in love with the cover, she looks gorgeous. The songs on the album are okay.
1. La La 2. MVP 3. No Daddy 4. Act Right 5. Make Her Feel Good
33. Snoop Dogg- R&G: Rhythm & Gangsta- The Masterpiece
This actually the first Snoop Dogg album I ever bought and I was quiter impressed. It's so fresh and kinda new direction for good ol' Snoop.
1. Step Yo Game Up (ft Trina) 2. Drop It Like It's Hot 3. Signs (ft JT) 4. Let's Get Blown (ft Pharrell) 5. Ups & Downs
32. Brooke Valentine- Chain Letter
I loved Girlfight, I know must of y'all UKmixers can't stand it, but I think it's too hot. So I decided to buy this album, and I think it's okay, but I expected more.
1. Cover Girl 2. I Want You Dead 3. Girlfight (ft Lil Jon & Big Boi) 4. Blah-Blah-Blah (ft Dirt McGirt) 5. American Girl
31. Lisa Marie Presley- Now What!
I think LMP's so underrated! Her album is really good, and she got such a dark voice.
Faith came finally back this year with a good R&B album. Her previous album Faithfully was the first album of her Ia ctually bought, and i really loved it. So I was excited for The First Lady. The waiting was worth it. It's such a good album.
1. Goin' Out (ft Pharrell & Pusha T) 2. Tru Love 3. Mesmerized 4. Jealous 5. Again
19. Sugababes- Taller In More Ways
Another solid pop album from the babes this year. Too bad Mutya left the band, she's always been my favourite! I hope Heidi Keisha and Amelle won't call this album a day, cause they should release at leat 2 more sinles of it!
1. Gotta Be You 2. Push The Button 3. Red Dress 4. It Ain't Easy 5. Follow Me Home
18. Mary J Blige- The Breaktrough
I got this album for Christmas, so it's still new for me, but after a few listens I came to the conclusion that this album's amazing! Mary got the vocals, the beats and the collabo's! Ladies & Gentlemen: Miss Mary J Blige is back!
Top 5: (will be changing tho)
1. Be Without You 2. No One Will Do 3. Enough Cryin 4. Can't Hide From Love 5. Take Me As I Am
17. Santana- All That I Am
At number 17 we got Carlos Santana. He's a living legend. No one plays the guitar like he does! Sanatan's latest album is, just like his latest albums, full of collaborations with great artists. It's the same formula, but it still works!
1. I'm Feeling You (ft Michelle Branch) 2. Cry Baby Cry (ft Sean Paul & Joss Stone) 3. Just Feel Better (ft Steven Tyler) 4. My Man (ft MJ Blige & Big Boi) 5. I Am Somebody (ft Will.I.Am)
16. The Cardigans- Super Extra Gravity
Swedish hot stuff at #16! The Cardigans are back with a great album. Their first single (INSFWAYYNTBN) is one of their best singles IMO. The album got a lot of songs they could easily release as a single.
1. I Need Some Fine Wine And You, You Need To Be Nicer 2. Losing A Friend 3. Don't Blame Your Daughter 4. Drip Drop Teardrop 5. Little Black Cloud
15. Toni Braxton- Libra
I get a little angry when I talk about Toni Braxton lately. Blackground messed up the whole project! Libra is a great album, it reached the Golden status, and still there's the recordcompany messin up everything. No more video or single releases, and why? I don't know, the album is great! Will Toni ever shine like she did before? Not with Blackground that's for sure.
1. Please 2. Trippin 3. Suddenly 4. Take This Ring 5. Midnite
Shakira- Fijacíon Oral Volume 1
Shakira's Spanish comeback album at #13. I think this one's better than Volume 2, because she sings amazing in Spanish.
1. En Tus Pupilas 2. La Tortura 3. No 4. La Pared 5. Dia De Enero
13. Alicia Keys- Unplugged
When I first heard about the whole Unplugged idea I was not so sure, i'd rather wanted to see a new Alicia Keys studio album. Tho I gave this one a try, and It became one of my fav albums of 2005! Alicia got so much soul and power, she rocks the night away!
1. Diary 2. Fallin 3. Every Little Bit Hurts 4. Unbreakable 5. Wild Horses (ft Adam Levine)
12. KT Tunstall- Eye To The Telescope
One of 2005's best new artists is KT Tunstall! For sure! I wasn't sure on this album first, but It has grown on me so much and so iut became #12.
1. Black Horse & The Cherry Tree 2. Under The Weather 3. Another Place To Fall 4. Other Side Of The World 5. Suddenly I See
11. Nikka Costa- CantNeverDidNothin
How to describe Nikka Costa? I think as the more funky, soulful and raw version of Anastacia. Nikka's voice is so powerful, I love it. Her latest album is really strong, with a lot of potential singles on it. Go check it out guys!
1. Fatherless Child 2. Funkeir Than A Mosquita's Tweeter 3. CantNeverDidNothin' 4. 'Til I Get To You 5. I Gotta Know
And there was MIA, out of the blue, with that great album Arular. I love the way MIA mixes all different genres to her own style. Arular is awesome, a strong debut album.
1. Bucky Done Gun 2. Sunshowers 3. Galang 4. Pull Up The People 5. Amazon
09. Katie Melua- Piece By Piece
I was lookin really forward to Katies' new album, beacuse I loved Call Off The Search. Katie didnt let me down on this one, Piece By Piece is a great album. I love to listen to it when I'm very tired.
Top 5: (still changing tho)
1. Piece By Piece 2. Nine Million Bicycles 3. Shy Boy 4. I Cried For You 5. Blue Shoes
08. Lindsay Lohan- Speak
I didn't really know what to expect at first, but I bought Lindsay's album because I always loved ms Lohan. When I first heard the album I wasn't that sure either, but after a few spins this became one of the best albums of the year!
1. Nobody Til You 2. Disconnected 3. First 4. Over 5. Symptoms Of You
07. Garbage- Bleed Like Me
Bleed Like Me is the best Garbage album IMO. I love Shirley's voice and the lyrics are awesome! Especially the lyrics of 'Bleed Like Me'.
1. Bleed Like Me 2. Why Do You Love Me 3. Sex Is Not The Enemy 4. Metal Heart 5. Bad Boyfriend
06. Black Eyed Peas
I enjoyed Elephunk so much, I couldn't wait for the new BEP album this summer. I was afraid it wouldn't be as good as Elephunk, but to my surprise Monkey Business is even better!
1. Dum Diddly 2. My Style (ft JT) 3. My Humps 4. Don't Phunk With My Heart 5. Pump It
05. Madonna- Confessions On A Dancefloor
Best Madonna album since Ray Of Light! This album is so much energy. I like to listen at it before I'm going out. It makes me in the mood to daaaaaance!
1. Like It Or Not 2. Get Together 3. Hung Up 4. I Love New York 5. Let It Will Be
04. The Pussycat Dolls- PCD
This album is haaawt! A great debut album for the girls. It got great single material on it. I think almost every song could be released. Even the covers are great! These girls are here to stay.
1. Buttons 2. Don't Cha 3. Beep (ft Will.I.Am) 4. Bite The Dust 5. Hot Stuff
03. Lil Kim- The Naked Truth
My girl might be in jail right now, it doesn't stop her to release her best album yet. The Naked Truth is Kim's best album, and it got a lot of potential singles on it.
1. Whoa! 2. Lighters Up 3. Kitty Box 4. Quiet (ft The Game) 5. Spell Check
02. Kelly Clarkson- Breakaway
I wanted to put this album at #1 in my chart, cause this is as good as the #1. Kelly is much more than just the American Idol winner, she's a true star. This girl knows how to rock!
1. Gone 2. Behind These Hazel Eyes 3. Because Of You 4. Since U Been Gone 5. Walk Away
01. Mariah Carey- The Emancipation Of Mimi
Mariah's #1 because I'm a Mariah fan for years, and this year she finally gets the respect she deserves. After a several shitty years the queen's finally back and she's more popular than ever. The Emancipation Of MiMi is the best album of the year 2005 IMO.
1. We Belong Together 2. It's Like That 3. Say Something (ft Snoop Dogg) 4. Get Your Number (ft JD) 5. Stay The Night