Dalmatin's Top 100 of 2005

Moderators: JSparksFan, tdc2000, FreakyFlyBry

Postby Dalmatin » Sat Dec 31, 2005 1:01 am

OK, I'm a little late here... though, maybe, the 31th of December is the best time for this :-)

so let's go 10 by 10... comments appreciated

100. The White Stripes - Blue Orchid
Current Stripes album left me with feeling that I like the album but can't name the songs I like more than others... So this one is more for the album than for the song itself.. Though it's good :-) Been to their show - they're good too! :-)

99. Andy Bell - Crazy
Usually don't like stuff like this... Probably it's all about veeeery catchy refrain...

98. Will Smith - Switch
Well... no exact comments... Catchy

97. Valerii Meladze - Salut, Vera!
A Russian (actually Georgian) singer.. One of the very few on Russian pop-scene who still care about class... Hope he'll keep doing it.

96. Delta Goodrem - Mistaken Identity
Yes, the song and the album is great... But there's something LESS than 'Innocent Eyes', that's why such low placing... in 2003 'Lost Without You' was top 30... There's more idea in this song than the way it's put.. Especially screaming in the ending is a little annoying

95. Lemar - Time To Grow
This guy is talented, but his material is not so strong... Speaking of this current song, it's more personal references than the quality of lyrics that I like... and the whole concept of 'time to grow' I understand clearly

94. Thirteen Senses - Thru The Glass
Much lower than 'Do No Wrong' last year, still those guys didn't stay out of top 100.. great music, that's all

93. Geri Halliwell - So I Give Up On Love
The last track from Geri's disastrous album, probably the only highlight from it.. But it's a true highligh, an ironic musical-esque song, so it's deserves some attention.

92. t.A.T.u. - All About Us
And that's my guilty pleasure... I hate the girls, but I love the song.. I hate the lyrics, but I love the refrain.. No logic.. :oops:

91. The Coral - So Long Ago
Though The Coral are moving further and further away from what I liked about them in the first place - namely the song 'Dreaming Of You' - they still are rather enjoyable to listen to. And this track is the best from the album.

more to come :-)
Dalmatin
A Wolf At The Door

Postby Marius » Sat Dec 31, 2005 1:06 am

Woo for the White Stripes and Thirteen Senses. Obviously never heard the Valerii one.
I want to marry all 3 Serebro chicks
Marius
Legend

Postby Dalmatin » Sat Dec 31, 2005 1:14 am

90. Justin Timberlake - Good Foot
Well, not exactly 2005 song, it's late 2004 actually, the song from 'Shark Tale'. This is my lost battle to myself - the song is too catchy.

89. Shakira feat. Alejandro Sanz - La Tortura
Though I'm a little tired of this song, I still admire Shakira... Recently listened to 'Oral Fixation, vol. 2', so probably next year's chart will also contain Shakira, and much higher.

88. Alsou - Nebo
I suppose some people should still remember her - Russian 2000 Eurovision #2 entry, and an unsuccesfull British single release 'Before You Love Me'... Well, she's still a secret to the world, but she's a superstar here, and is one of my guilty pleasures too.

87. Vanilla Ninja - Cool Vibes
Speaking of Eurovision... This is my only favourite from Eurovision 2005 (last year there were 3 in top 100). I also liked Kaffee's 'Lorraine' and German Gracia's 'Run & Hide', but not too much.

86. Mercury Rev - Across Yer Ocean
Well, a sweet song... Though the impression usually wears off after a few listens

85. Fall Out Boy - Dance, Dance
Surprising success in USA, no success in UK.. They have something curious about them (except long song titles)

84. Julia Savicheva - Esli v serdce zhivet liubov'
Another Russian entry and another Eurovision reference - she was representing Russia in 2004, not very successfully, probably deservengly so.. well, this song is better :-)

83. Manic Street Preachers - Empty Souls
Once again, a song that you can't listen to too often... but the music in this song is great

82. Howie Day - Collide
One of American-only singer-songwriter guys, probably one of the best... Great song

81. Zemfira - Itogi / Progulka
Yet another Russian entry (most of them are between 81-100).. Russian rock is hard to bare lately, but as always there are exceptions.. this time even 2 songs worth liking.
Dalmatin
A Wolf At The Door

Postby Dalmatin » Sat Dec 31, 2005 1:27 am

80. Fierce Girl - What Makes A Girl Fierce
Well, I'm not sure if many people know this one... was a very low UK chart entry somewhere in spring.. The song is just a bunch of fun, that's all about it, but it's a lot.

79. Jack Johnson - Good People
Great American singer and a very well familiar topic, 'Where did the good people go?'.. That's one of those questions I keep asking myself.

78. Paul Weller - From The Floorboards Up
Not that I often like Weller's songs, but this one is great.

77. James Blunt - Tears And Rain / Out Of My Mind
First of MANY Blunts in my chart... James is the definitive person of my music year, so, well... here he comes.

76. The Ordinary Boys - Boys Will Be Boys
Another piece of fun with too many 'boys' in the title :D The best part is fake-reggae voice in the end :-)

75. Kubb - Remain / Wicked Soul
Great new band, I'm not sure if they will have a 2nd chance in Britain like Kaiser Chiefs, but at least those two songs deserve more than they got.

74. Foo Fighters - DOA
Similar to White Stripes, the album is great but I don't feel the highlights... Still this one is better than 'Best Of You' which I'm not sure why is popular... A special woooo goes to the video :-)

73. Irina Dubcova - Kak ti tam
Never mind, just another Russian singer :-)

72. Beck - E-Pro
Great song to sing-a-long, this 'nanananana...' is incredibly catchy. Can't help mention it - Beck surprised me very much by his cover of 'Everybody's Gotta Learn Sometime', recorded for soundtrack to 'Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind'. His version is much better and much more inspired than the original... Highly recommended, just like the movie itself.

71. Sugababes - Push The Button
The best part of the song is actually the bridge ('after waiting patiently...'), but the whole impression is highly positive.

More to come, thanks for reading and commenting :-)
Dalmatin
A Wolf At The Door

Postby John » Sat Dec 31, 2005 1:32 am

Some VERY good stuff in here. 8-)
This post is highly unlikely to be serious. Please treat it accordingly. Unless it's music-related, in which case I'm damn well right.
John
Chief Kitten Herder

Postby Dalmatin » Sat Dec 31, 2005 1:40 am

70. Editors - Munich
Another great new British band... wishing them good luck in recording career 8-)

69. Verbalicious - Don't Play Nice
Caaaaaatchy... I wonder why she doesn't try to release anything else...

68. Sophie B. Hawkins - Beautiful Girl
Well-forgotten singer is still releasing good songs... Too bad not many people care

67. Stereophonics - Superman
Just like them.. didn't like 'Dakota' as much as most people did, still the album is full of great songs.

66. Weezer - Freak Me Out
Those who listened to the album will understand...

65. Robbie Williams - Tripping
Robbie's my all-time favourite singer, so he's usually granted with top 100 position... A lot of talking about how bad he is now... Can't quite agree, though, well, that's not his best period.. Sometimes he's compared to Elton John, so I compare this period to Elton's short break-up with Bernie Taupin.. Elton recovered from it, so I'm expecting renaissance from Robbie too. Still 'Tripping' is a fine song.

64. Bob Sinclar feat. Gary Pine - Love Generation
Rare dance track that I enjoy - mostly for its positivity and especially for the whistling part, it's superb

63. Elton John - Electricity
Yep, the man himself. With another proof that he still can do it. And he can do it great.

62. Green Day - Holiday
Took me half a year to fall into this song... Was worth it :-) Paired with 'American Idiot' it's much better than their commercial ballads.

61. Kate Bush - King Of The Mountain
Somehow it happened that before 2005 I only knew 2 Kate Bush songs... probably I should listen to some of her old stuff.. if it's as great as this song..
Dalmatin
A Wolf At The Door

Postby Marius » Sat Dec 31, 2005 1:44 am

This is going really fast...

Woo for:

89. Shakira feat. Alejandro Sanz - La Tortura
83. Manic Street Preachers - Empty Souls
82. Howie Day - Collide
79. Jack Johnson - Good People
76. The Ordinary Boys - Boys Will Be Boys
74. Foo Fighters - DOA
70. Editors - Munich
62. Green Day - Holiday
Marius
Legend

Postby Dalmatin » Sat Dec 31, 2005 1:53 am

OK, coming close to half... then taking a break until morning at least.

60. Annie - Heartbeat
Don't know why I like this song, but I like it a lot.

59. Natasha Bedingfield - Unwritten
Another song that took me long time to like.. Nice to see it's climbing in US chart :-)

58. Razorlight - Somewhere Else
A little lower than last year, but still the stable 2nd year presence of the band in top 100 is a good sign. :)

57. Bright Eyes - When The President Talks To God
This song is a b-side to 'First Day Of My Life'. Very interesting song. I enjoyed both this year's Bright Eyes albums but this song is the only one that I truly adore.

56. Gwen Stefani - What You Waiting For?
Not sure what I was waiting for and why this song appears only in 2005 chart... another slow grower probably... Still the best song from the album.

55. Starsailor - In The Crossfire
Another band with the stable presence in my top 100 ('Poor Misguided Fool', 'Silence Is Easy' and 'Four To The Floor' in 2002, 2003 and 2004 respectively). Funny thing is that I'm never too impressed by their albums... but the singles are great. Too bad they are having bad times with selling records.

54. Vanessa Carlton - White Houses
Yet another song that took me eternity to fall in love with.

53. Good Charlotte - I Just Wanna Live
The most interesting Good Charlotte song that I heard and incredibly catchy. Also like the idea.

52. Robert Plant & The Strange Sensation - Shine It All Around
Well, I'm not sure I can comment here... shines all around :)

51. My Chemical Romance - I'm Not Okay (I Promise)
My attitude to this band is rather unclear. When I listened to the album I felt something very important.. but I'm not sure what exactly it was. Probably it's sincerity.

OK, it's very late, so I'm off to bed
Hope I will have time to write the rest tomorrow
Cheers
Dalmatin
A Wolf At The Door

Postby John » Sat Dec 31, 2005 1:55 am

Dalmatin wrote:57. Bright Eyes - When The President Talks To God
This song is a b-side to 'First Day Of My Life'. Very interesting song. I enjoyed both this year's Bright Eyes albums but this song is the only one that I truly adore.
8-) 8-) 8-) Brilliant.
This post is highly unlikely to be serious. Please treat it accordingly. Unless it's music-related, in which case I'm damn well right.
John
Chief Kitten Herder

Postby Tiger » Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:25 am

99. Andy Bell - Crazy
95. Lemar - Time To Grow
94. Thirteen Senses - Thru The Glass
92. t.A.T.u. - All About Us
87. Vanilla Ninja - Cool Vibes
70. Editors - Munich
64. Bob Sinclar feat. Gary Pine - Love Generation
62. Green Day - Holiday
59. Natasha Bedingfield - Unwritten
58. Razorlight - Somewhere Else
56. Gwen Stefani - What You Waiting For?
55. Starsailor - In The Crossfire
54. Vanessa Carlton - White Houses
53. Good Charlotte - I Just Wanna Live

GREAT! Especially Starsailor, Editors, Thirteen Senses,Kate Bush and Green Day
These foolish games are tearing me apart

My CHART
Tiger
Lover Of (Mostly) Everything Pop

Postby matthew_dixon » Sat Dec 31, 2005 12:19 pm

Gotta love that MCR track - and "When The President Talks To God" as well. Can't argue with loads of Blunt in here or with Elton's entry.

The most hilarious inclusion though (which I do love) would have to be.

Kat Slatahhhhhhhhhhhhh...
Is our sistahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...
Kat Slatahhhhhhhhhhhhh...
Is FIERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRCE! :lol:
matthew_dixon
Site Editor

Postby Dalmatin » Sun Jan 01, 2006 9:57 pm

OK, I didn't manage it yesterday... had a New Year to celebrate... :D so I'm back..
thanks everyone for their comments :)

50. The Bravery - An Honest Mistake
Love that song more than all Killers ones... and actually more than all other Bravery stuff :)

49. Bellefire - Damn
I'm not sure why this song is here and why I love these girls so much... But I still find 'Spin The Wheel' a better album than any Girls Aloud or Atomic Kitten could ever release.. And this song is so sincere..

48. Engineers - Forgiveness
Well, year is over and these guys didn't break the top 40... And once again the rest of the album is not as good as this one.. And this one IS good

47. I Am Kloot - Gods And Monsters
The title track from Kloot's, er, breakthrough (the first ever #73 entry in album charts... some breakthrough) album.. Since 'From Your Favourite Sky' I was expecting new material from them.. Well, that's not exactly a top 10 entry they made in my chart last year, still respectful enough.

46. Surganova i Orkestr - Angel sedoy
Another Russian entry from great Russian female rock band... They actually are good to listen even if you don't know the language.. Highly recommended

45. Jason Mraz - Wordplay
I read all those bad things allmusic wrote about his new album with the main idea of him being very selfish :-) Still the song about the song itself is a concept to applaude :-)

44. Rob Thomas - This Is How A Heart Breaks
I really don't know why so many people like 'Lonely No More'.. I like this one much more.. And still it wears off and it's not Matchbox Twenty and it's not 'Bent'... And why he cut his hair... :cry:

43. Hard-Fi - Tied Up Too Tight
My only favourite by Hard-Fi, mostly for the chorus..

42. MultFilmi - Brad Pitt
A fun oddity - Russian britpop band.. some of their songs are great.. Though this song is about Brad Pitt, it's sung in Russian

41. Maximo Park - Apply Some Pressure
Great guys with one of the best albums of the year.. Though it works a little better when listening to the whole album than separated tracks.. Except for this song of course.
Dalmatin
A Wolf At The Door

Postby Tiger » Sun Jan 01, 2006 10:31 pm

49. Bellefire - Damn
44. Rob Thomas - This Is How A Heart Breaks
41. Maximo Park - Apply Some Pressure

Great batch - OMG Bellefire :o Did they release that as a single? *charts in chart of 2006 if they did*

My CHART
Tiger

Postby Dalmatin » Sun Jan 01, 2006 10:37 pm

Tiger wrote:OMG Bellefire Did they release that as a single? *charts in chart of 2006 if they did*
Well, my chart consists not only of singles, it's just songs that I liked during the year and I listen to lots of albums..
I strongly doubt Bellefire will have a chance to release anything else.. Though it's a pity.
Dalmatin
A Wolf At The Door

Postby Marius » Sun Jan 01, 2006 10:47 pm

I love 50, 44, 43 and 41. NH Bellefire and the Russian songs.

You got great taste!
Marius
Legend

Postby Dalmatin » Sun Jan 01, 2006 11:07 pm

potojr wrote:You got great taste!
Thank you!
Well, when somebody who lives in London and is interested in music says he never heard of Bellefire.. well, no wonder they are doing that bad.. :-(

ok, here we go..

40. Moby - Lift Me Up
Didn't beat my favourite 'Extreme Ways', but got close to it.. Maybe a little too simple for Moby. Still extremely catchy.

39. Kaiser Chiefs - I Predict A Riot / Everyday I Love You Less And Less
Actually they got the point with the latter title.. Yes, they are cool and funny, but with every listen you got just a little tired of them, especially of 'Everyday'. Still they are great guys and 'Oh My God' was in my last year's top 100 even higher. Hope they will manage to release more equally great stuff.

38. Death Cab For Cutie - Soul Meets Body
I'm glad they entered Billboard top 100 cause other way I probably would never know how great they are.. Especially because their title brings to mind some trash metal music. It's strange to play soft-indie and have such a scary title :lol:

37. Eminem - When I'm Gone
Yes, it's a good farewell track and it's about time, cause no song from 'Encore' is as good as 'The Real Slim Shady' or 'Cleanin Out My Closet'.. At least he made a really great track to say goodbye, this is the best since 'Lose Yourself' probably.

36. Hal - What A Lovely Dance
What a lovely song actually... The best word I can think of is 'cute'. Personally I believe Hal deserve all the attention that was paid to the Magic Numbers. And the Magic Numbers don't deserve any :-)

35. Piknik - Korolevstvo krivih
Something opposite to 'cute' in this Russian rock band... A song about how you can hate the big city life but still you can't get enough of it.

34. Mando Diao - God Knows
Back to 'cute'. A really cute track, the chorus is the kind of you want to sing-a-long to.

33. Franz Ferdinand - Do You Want To
I'm probably one of the few people who didn't like 'Take Me Out' when it was released.. I think this one is better :-)

32. Natalie Imbruglia - Shiver
There always was something irresistible about Natalie, probably once again the sincerety that she puts in every song. The album loses when comparing to 'White Lilies Island' but 'Shiver' is way better than 'Wrong Impression'.

31. Better Than Ezra - It's Only Natural
Now put your hands up who knows this band :) Even in their native USA they are not very well-known. This song is a clear highlight of the album, the performance is very artistic: the singer's voice sounds filthy and like sugar when seducing the girl in lyrics, so it's easy to believe that it can work :)
Dalmatin
A Wolf At The Door

Postby Marius » Sun Jan 01, 2006 11:30 pm

Well, when somebody who lives in London and is interested in music says he never heard of Bellefire.. well, no wonder they are doing that bad..
Been living here for just 2 months... I'll check them out for your sake :D

Back to the real thing:

40 - awesome, no 16 of the year for me.
39 - no 8 of the year for me
38 - nice
37 - decent, he's done much better
36-34 - NH
33 - awesome, my no 21
32 - ok-ish
31 - NH, but I love the band's earlier hits. Glad they're still around.
Marius
Legend

Postby Dalmatin » Sun Jan 01, 2006 11:47 pm

OK, so the top 30... getting hot :-)

30. Chemical Brothers feat. Q-Tip - Galvanize
Took me long to love this one, but it was like a shock... something like, 'damn, what a great song' :D

29. James Blunt - Goodbye My Lover
No surprise here, the song is just awesome.. People, pay attention to the lyrics, it's true poetry! Men, do you love your women like THIS?

28. Pavel Kashin - V rapide / Misli
The last (hence the highest) Russian entry. The singer to me is a Russian mode of Blunt, true, sincere songwriter.. The only difference is that he's been around for 10 years.. Hope Blunt will manage the same kind of longetivity.

27. Melanie Brown - Today
One of many undeserved flops of the year. So she finally understood what kind of songs are worth singing (just remember 'Feels So Good' and 'Tell Me'... yuck) and nobody appreciated. It's like a curse on Spice Girls this year... The song is one of the brightest and most inspiring songs of the year, it always manages to make me smile and feel a little better.

26. Willy Mason - Oxygen
The song and it's parental album are brilliant! I think he deserves to be called new Bob Dylan a little more than Conor Oberst AKA Bright Eyes :) Though, well, who really can be new Bob Dylan?...

25. Lifehouse - You And Me
The band is one of my long time favourites, though most people will say they represent dull American pop-rock.. They always touch me somewhere deep whether they sing their best song 'Breathing' or cover 'You Belong To Me' for Shrek soundtrack :)

24. British Sea Power - Please Stand Up
Another song that always makes me feel better... The great band!

23. KT Tunstall - Suddenly I See
Love this girl.. Love her album.

22. The House Of Love - Gotta Be That Way
This can be called a flop cause I'm pretty sure it was released as a single as a follow-up to 'Love You Too Much' that charted somewhere low in top 75. The track is great, it's, how to say, flows...

21. Patrick Wolf - The Libertine / Tristan
Well, I'm not sure if lot of people know him.. Suggest you to read about him on allmusic.com, then listen to his album.. You won't regret it.

ok, top 20 is coming up... the most important part.
Dalmatin
A Wolf At The Door

Postby Dalmatin » Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:31 am

Hmm, a lot of pop music between #20 and #11... hope you won't think bad about me :oops:

20. The Silent League - The Catbird Seat
Haven't heard the rest of the album, but this song is veeeeery good.

19. Rachel Stevens - Negotiate With Love / I Said Never Again (But Here We Are)
I don't know how she climbed this high in my head :D But she's my current definition of pure pop...

18. Backstreet Boys - Incomplete
When I heard the song for the first time I didn't believe it were Backstreet Boys... Yes, of course, they are still who they are and other songs from the album prove it (especially the awful 2nd single), but 'Incomplete' proves they still have soul. (I feel stones thrown... :D )

17. Feeder - Feeling A Moment / Bitter Glass
Once again, when I heard the song (and the whole album) I couldn't believe it's Feeder :-) I love their new sound..

16. Melanie C - Better Alone
When heard among other songs on album, this can be missed.. But alone this track is maybe the best Mel C ever sung. Too bad that after the flop of 'Next Best Superstar' this one wasn't release in Britain.

15. Tears For Fears - Everybody Loves A Happy Ending
Another inspiring track that always brings a little sunlight in your head.. Especially the beginning that orders to wake up :-)

14. Ben Adams - Sorry
Few minutes ago I realised that Ben Adams for the 2nd time deserves my admiration. The first time was in 2002, when A1's 'Caught In The Middle' made #6 in my top 100. Kind of curious fact... Probably Ben Adams has something special about him. Once again, it's a pity that his solo careet is probably never gonna happen.

13. Sons And Daughters - Medicine
It's impossible to say anything about this song, it's just needs to be listened to! All I can say that I always start to nod my head when it plays :D

12. Doves - Black And White Town
One of the most beautiful and smart tracks of the year... Enjoyable in all meanings.

11. Eels - Hey Man (Now You're Really Living)
This year is rich for inspiring songs.. all flopping though.. How could this anthem to life make a miserable #45?? :evil: Well, still, who cares... :D

Well... almost done.. top 10 is left
Dalmatin
A Wolf At The Door

Postby Dalmatin » Mon Jan 02, 2006 1:18 am

Well, probably those who were reading went to bed :-)
OK, I'll finish this alone :D

10. Mark Joseph - Lady Lady
The song that surprised me with its unintended and unforced beauty... I wonder if Mark will ever manage to do something as beautiful.. At least his 3 previous singles can't compare with this.

9. James Blunt - No Bravery / You're Beautiful
2 more Blunts here... I guess some thought that 'You're Beautiful' can be #1.. well, it was never supposed be, cause it's actually not the best his song.. Though it's a little masterpiece in its own right of course, especially coupled with video. And 'No Bravery'... well, it's a song about war and how much pain it brings... and it's not pathos (like 'Do They Know It's Christmas')

8. Robbie Williams - Misunderstood
A slow-grower.. well, it grew very high... The song is beautiful.. And it proves that with his new collaborator Robbie can still be Robbie.. So I believe that it's not his last song to make the top 10.

7. Depeche Mode - Precious
This year I fell in love with Depeche Mode.. well, finally :-) I loved some of their songs before, and 'Freelove' made it very high in 2001.. but before 'Precious' I loved the songs, not the band.. Now it changed... And once again - the video for this song is beautiful..

6. Athlete - Wires
Well... Nothing to say really... Just great song..

5. The Arcade Fire - Cold Wind
This song is a mystery to me. It doesn't sound like any of other Arcade Fire songs so I feel strange liking one song of the band that I don't like at all. Still I love it..

4. Oasis - The Importance Of Being Idle
OK, the only energetic song in top 10. This song is about me, partly that's why I love it :-) Partly because of the great video.. And it's just great! Thank God that Noel sometimes takes the wheel, otherwise Oasis would be absolutely boring.

3. Honeyroot - Love Will Tear Us Apart
Now this is a work of art. Yes, it is an old Joy Division song.. But what was an energetic rocker is here transformed into sad lullaby.. And it's, once again, BEAUTIFUL...

2. Ben Folds - Landed
I'm getting tired of the word 'beautiful'... but once again it's the best word to describe this song. It's a pity that none of Ben Folds singles made UP top 75...

1. James Blunt - Wisemen
OK... yes, it is Blunt again...
It was the first song by him I ever heard and I immediately fell in love with it. So here it is. Don't kill me :)

OK... everyone... thanks for reading and commenting... hope I didn't bore you :D
Dalmatin
A Wolf At The Door

Postby Marius » Mon Jan 02, 2006 1:35 am

Well, probably those who were reading went to bed
Or maybe not...

From the top 30 I like:

25. Lifehouse - You And Me
23. KT Tunstall - Suddenly I See (airplay killed it in LOndon, hope not the same in St Petersburg).
10. Mark Joseph - Lady Lady
9. James Blunt - No Bravery / You're Beautiful
7. Depeche Mode - Precious
6. Athlete - Wires

As for the top 3, the James Blunt one is one of the most boring on the album, never heard no.2 (no 3 either, but cannot beat the original, whatever it is).

Very enjoyable countdown!

Hope you'll post more often from now on!
Marius
Legend

Postby Virgostar » Mon Jan 02, 2006 8:18 am

May as well say a yay for...

96. Delta Goodrem - Mistaken Identity (I don't think she screams at the end of it, but she prolly does overdo it on this one)
77. James Blunt - Tears And Rain (Out Of My Mind is one of the worst ones on that album IMO)
51. My Chemical Romance - I'm Not Okay (I Promise)
29. James Blunt - Goodbye My Lover (you've got a good point there about the whole song - now you've reminded me that there are guys out there who do feel strongly in and out of relationships - all too often we think women are the only ones who feel pain or sadness at the end of a relationship or during it, but men do too)
23. KT Tunstall - Suddenly I See (again, agreeing with your comments :D)
9. James Blunt - No Bravery / You're Beautiful (NB is my fave Blunty song, that always makes me depressed whenever I listen to it though, but Mr Blunt does that to me in general)
1. James Blunt - Wisemen
Let's embrace the point of no return.
Virgostar
Ex-Admin

Postby Tiger » Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:39 pm

40. Moby - Lift Me Up
39. Kaiser Chiefs - I Predict A Riot / Everyday I Love You Less And Less
32. Natalie Imbruglia - Shiver
27. Melanie Brown - Today
24. British Sea Power - Please Stand Up
23. KT Tunstall - Suddenly I See
17. Feeder - Feeling A Moment / Bitter Glass
15. Tears For Fears - Everybody Loves A Happy Ending
6. Athlete - Wires

Really great chart with some surprises (BSP!) - especially liking Athlete, Feeder, Oasis, BSB, Rachel, BSP, Mel, Nat, Kaiers and FF! And btw I didn't like Take Me Out either ;) I do more now :oops:

FAB!

My CHART
Tiger

Postby Dalmatin » Wed Jan 04, 2006 9:32 pm

thanks everyone for comments! really appreciate them, especially the positive ones 8-)
anyway, if you interested in songs from my chart you haven't heard, you can contact me by email and I can send you samples from these songs.. I do this every year - make a short sample from each song then make a megamix lasting about 25 minutes :-)
Dalmatin
A Wolf At The Door

Postby chris975 » Wed Jan 04, 2006 9:38 pm

From your top 10 the best is Depeche Mode :)
chris975
Legend

Return to Year End Personal Charts