Rihanna - Unfaithful
No votes
Snow Patrol - Chasing Cars
40%
The Wreckers - Leave The Pieces
13%

Total votes : 15

Postby FreakyFlyBry » Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:00 pm

Well, it's that time again... and while I haven't finalized my year-end chart yet, I'll let you guys take a guess now as to what my #1 song of 2006 will be!

In the poll, I've listed 10 songs likely to rank high... which one do you think will get my #1 song of 2006?
FreakyFlyBry
No Title, No Topic

Postby matthew_dixon » Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:01 pm

I vote that Ashlee will just pip Hinder.
matthew_dixon
Site Editor

Postby SholasBoy » Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:07 pm

JoJo, Corinne, Rihanna, Kelly all good songs.

All in all another very predictible MOR shortlist though :P
SholasBoy
Chief Wig Snatcher

Postby Jon » Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:40 pm

I hope that JoJo will be number one because it's the best in this poll. :)
Jon
Superstar

Postby Dalmatin » Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:21 pm

only decent song is "Chasing Cars", sorry, Bry :-?
well, the Wreckers, Corinne and Rihanna are OK too
Dalmatin
A Wolf At The Door

Postby innocenteyes » Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:37 am

Except A public affair, many good songs here, I've voted for Ashlee
innocenteyes
Legend

Postby Marius » Sun Nov 26, 2006 11:18 am

I'll go for Jess (sadly, she won't go for me, though...)
Let's have a second referendum
Marius
Legend

Postby ardavis » Sun Nov 26, 2006 4:27 pm

Christina is definately one of this year's power ballads, so I'm going with that!
Keep your eyes on me...

Manchester Arena - May 2nd 2008 - Céline Dion - Block B, Row A
ardavis
Manager

Postby chris975 » Sun Nov 26, 2006 5:27 pm

Guess it will be Xtina
chris975
Legend

Postby pepster » Sun Nov 26, 2006 5:30 pm

I think Ashlee Simpson might just suprise us all :P
pepster
Legend

Postby Tiger » Sun Nov 26, 2006 6:48 pm

Snow Patrol - Chasing Cars for me! Let's just see
These foolish games are tearing me apart

My CHART
Tiger
Lover Of (Mostly) Everything Pop

Postby FreakyFlyBry » Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:54 pm

Okay, so it hasn't started yet, but I'll do a preview of what songs didn't quite make it ;)

200. Ace Young - Scattered
The only contestant from the latest American Idol season to make the top 200; Daughtry just missed out, and Katharine McPhee has a chance to chart in 2007.

199. Smash Mouth - So Insane
After a few years off, they returned with new music... just good enough to make the top 200, but not quite as good as their classics.

198. Click Five - Catch Your Wave
Their second single, following up last year's "Just The Girl"; it's already gone obscure :P

197. Everclear - Hater
See Smash Mouth; the same I said for them applies here.

196. Panic! At The Disco - But It's Better If You Do
The first of 2 appearances from one of the most popular emo bands to have broken through in 2006; the other is coming up shortly

195. Snow Patrol f/Martha Wainwright - Set The Fire To The Third Bar
Expect this one higher in 2007... but for 2006, they have one more appearance to come, will "Chasing Cars" be #1?

194. Panic! At The Disco - The Only Difference Between Martyrdom And Suicide Is Press Coverage
And here's their highest appearance, with the insanely long title!

193. Wilfred Le Bouthillier - Avec Toi
The only song in my top 200 in French; the former winner of Star Académie gets his biggest (and so far, only) hit on my chart.

192. The Fray - How To Save A Life
Major crashout! I always felt this song was just okay enough for top 200 on my year-end... but not good enough to be any higher, despite how big of a hit it's become! The only appearance from these guys.

191. Lionel Richie - I Call It Love
A legend returned this year with a new hit, and just manages to make the top 200 here. Very contemporary-styled R&B hit here.

190. Elton John - The Bridge
Back to back legends! Elton had better in the 70's, 80's and 90's, but this was still good enough to make my top 200 year-end.

189. Avril Lavigne - Keep Holding On
Why would an anticipated comeback single from Avril be this low? Because it's still new! Expect this one much higher in 2007.

188. Ray J - One Wish
This slow jam by Brandy's brother became a surprise hit; it just manages a #188 position here.

187. Weezer - Perfect Situation
While this band announced their hiatus this year, they managed to release another memorable song from their most recent album, this being it.

186. Bowling For Soup - High School Never Ends
Oh, how the title speaks volumes! An easily-relateable song here from a funny group of guys; just manages to make the top 200 here.

185. Meat Loaf & Marion Raven - It's All Coming Back To Me Now
A song made famous by Celine Dion in 1996; this is redone by a singer who was supposedly meant to sing it initially! Teamed with a former M2M member, they did a decent remake, but doesn't quite match Celine's version.

184. George Michael & Mutya Buena - This Is Not Real Love
Another legendary artist returned this year for a new greatest hits; this time George got a former Sugababe to sing with him on this duet. It's George's highest entry, but Mutya's former bandmates still have three songs to come.

183. Shawn Colvin - Fill Me Up
Best-known for her 1997 hit "Sunny Came Home", she returned in 2006 with a nice little pop song; this is her only appearance in here.

182. Goldfrapp - Ooh La La
This electro-dance group finally made my chart for the first time this year... to date, this is their only appearance, but I have a feeling they may chart again.

181. Beyoncé - Ring The Alarm
The second single from her latest album manages to crash out early; she does have 2 other songs from the same album to come.

180. Diddy f/Christina Aguilera - Tell Me
While Christina returned with a new album this year, she still did this appearance on this song by the former Puff Daddy; Christina's own two singles are much higher, as both were #1's in my chart.

179. DMC f/Sarah McLachlan - Just Like Me
Another rap single featuring an unlikely guest star; the former Run DMC member teams with Sarah McLachlan, whose music claimed to have saved his life! Only appearance for both artists.

178. 3 Doors Down f/Bob Seger - Landing In London
The only appearance for 3 Doors Down this year; this teams them up with a rock legend, who also returned with his own stuff this year but failed to make the top 200 with his single.

177. Naomi Striemer f/Santana - Cars
Best known for her 2004 hit "Fall Behind", this return featured the guitar work of Carlos Santana (who still appears on 3 songs to come), but suffered from only having a low-quality radio rip to listen to.

176. Gregory Charles - I Think Of You
This singer from Quebec released a slow-to-mid-tempo song that got him compared to Marc Anthony; I don't think he's well-known outside of Canada.
FreakyFlyBry
No Title, No Topic

Postby Dalmatin » Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:52 pm

199. Smash Mouth - So Insane
192. The Fray - How To Save A Life
187. Weezer - Perfect Situation
186. Bowling For Soup - High School Never Ends
178. 3 Doors Down f/Bob Seger - Landing In London

these are good, meh at the Fray being so low
Dalmatin
A Wolf At The Door

Postby Tiger » Tue Dec 19, 2006 6:03 pm

196. Panic! At The Disco - But It's Better If You Do
194. Panic! At The Disco - The Only Difference Between Martyrdom And Suicide Is Press Coverage
191. Lionel Richie - I Call It Love
188. Ray J - One Wish
185. Meat Loaf & Marion Raven - It's All Coming Back To Me Now
182. Goldfrapp - Ooh La La
181. Beyoncé - Ring The Alarm
179. DMC f/Sarah McLachlan - Just Like Me

Oooh some nice songs here. Snow Patrol/Martha Waiwright's song is gorgeous and Avril Lavigne's very cool as well. Both Panic! At The Disco tunes are awesome in their one way and I can't remember Elton John or Ray J that well but I think I like them. Shawn Colvin's is quite nice as well and I remember DMC/Sarah McLachlan's chorus (obviously) but not really how it went.

My CHART
Tiger

Postby FreakyFlyBry » Tue Dec 19, 2006 6:16 pm

175. Ashlee Simpson - Boyfriend
A 2005 holdover, this spent 2 weeks at #1 back then... but held on long enough in 2006 to make #175 here. Still 2 more songs from her to come, can "L.O.V.E." be #1?

174. Cascada - Miracle
This wasn't as big as the previous single... but still made the top 200 of the year. How high will "Everytime We Touch" be?

173. Jack Johnson - Upside Down
From the Curious George soundtrack, this gave Jack Johnson his highest-charting solo hit. Still one song to come with the Black Eyed Peas.

172. Train - Cab
Despite their past success, this only managed to scrape the top 30 on my weekly chart... a disappointment from them overall.

171. Orson - No Tomorrow
A US band who achieved their biggest success in the UK; this was their only big success anywhere

170. James Blunt - You're Beautiful
Another 2005 holdover that was in my top 50 for that year; it held on long enough to make it in the top 200 this year. Still 3 more Blunt songs to come.

169. Rex Goudie - Run
The runner-up from the 3rd season of Canadian Idol makes his only appearance here... the winner, Melissa O'Neil, still has 2 more songs to come.

168. Pink - Dear Mr. President
A political rant that took everyone by surprise... Pink still has 3 songs to come, including 2 that reached #1 in my chart.

167. Girls Aloud - Whole Lotta History
Despite not even making the top 50 on my weekly chart, this managed enough longevity to outrank some top 30's! Still 1 more Girls Aloud song to come.

166. Gnarls Barkley - Smiley Faces
:) :) :) :) :) Okay, that's enough, you get the point... but this follow-up just wasn't as successful as "Crazy", which is still to come

165. Tom Petty - Saving Grace
Another legendary singer came back in 2006 with a new album... this ranks as his highest appearance for the year.

164. Goo Goo Dolls - Better Days
Another 2005 holdover that reached #1 for a single week last year; it managed to carry over into 2006. Still 2 more songs from the Goo Goo Dolls to come, also from the same album.

163. LL Cool J f/Jennifer Lopez - Control Myself
Not quite as good as their previous song together "All I Have", but still decent enough to rank as my #163 song of the year.

162. Franz Ferdinand - The Fallen
These Scottish indie rockers kept the hits coming into 2006; this ranks as their only appearance on the list

161. John Mayer - Waiting On The World To Change
His lyrics went political on his latest album... and this song shows it best. He's had bigger hits than this, but this top 30 weekly chart hit crashes out at #161.

160. JoJo - How To Touch A Girl
While this is still rising on my weekly chart (and is likely to go top 10 very soon), it'll likely rank higher on my 2007 list. How high will her #1 hit "Too Little, Too Late" rank?

159. Live - The River
Another band that returned in 2006... but didn't quite live up to expectations (see Smash Mouth, Everclear and Train for similar examples.)

158. Shinedown - I Dare You
An American rock band who broke through to the mainstream this year; this is their only appearance here.

157. Pearl Jam - Life Wasted
You'd think they'd be in a similar category to other mentioned 90's bands who returned in 2006... but this is actually their second highest entry of the year! "World Wide Suicide" is still to come.

156. Mariah Carey - Fly Like A Bird
Only released to Urban AC, this, one of at least 7 singles I know of from The Emancipation Of Mimi, managed a respectable charting. Mariah still has 1 more song to come... and it won't be nearly as high as last year's #1 "We Belong Together"!

155. Evanescence - Lithium
Another one that's still rising, and will likely rank higher in 2007... how high will their #1 "Call Me When You're Sober" rank?

154. Barenaked Ladies - Easy
See Smash Mouth, Everclear, Live and Train; this made my weekly top 20, but took a fast fall and as a result, misses my top 150 of the year.

153. Pussycat Dolls - I Don't Need A Man
This was the 5th release off their debut album... and 3 more of them are higher up here.

152. Sean Paul - Temperature
This is his only appearance in the top 200; "Give It Up To Me" barely missed out.

151. Mobile - See Right Through Me
A Canadian rock band who achieved their breakthrough in 2006; their bigger hit "Out Of My Head" is still to come.
FreakyFlyBry
No Title, No Topic

Postby Tiger » Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:07 pm

174. Cascada - Miracle
173. Jack Johnson - Upside Down
171. Orson - No Tomorrow
169. Rex Goudie - Run
160. JoJo - How To Touch A Girl
153. Pussycat Dolls - I Don't Need A Man

Pussycat Dolls' song is a gorgeous R&B song and JoJo's is quite nice as well. Franz Ferdinand is very cool and Tom Petty and of course P!nk are great pop/rock songs ;) James Blunt's song is something I started to like more recently. Not sure I know The Goo Goo Dolls or Rex Goudie... Cascada and Ashlee Simpson are nice though.

My CHART
Tiger

Postby innocenteyes » Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:15 pm

Woo for:

170. James Blunt: You're beautiful
168. P!nk: Dear Mr President
166. Gnarls Barkley: Smiley faces (much better than Crazy)
155. Evanescence: Lithium (gorgeous ballad)
153. The Pussycat Dolls: I don't need a man
152. Sean Paul: Temperature
innocenteyes
Legend

Postby steophonic » Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:13 pm

FreakyFlyBry wrote:173. Jack Johnson - Upside Down
171. Orson - No Tomorrow
155. Evanescence - Lithium
Woo for these Bry, shame I haven't heard any of the new Barenaked Ladies stuff - I guess they really have given up on the UK!
steophonic
Music Junkie

Postby space75 » Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:14 pm

interestin chart so far.some really great songs here
the future gets written today
space75
Legend

Postby Benjamin » Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:45 pm

Woo some great songs here!

Snow Patrol f/Martha Wainwright, Panic! At The Disco, Avril Lavigne, Ray J, George Michael & Mutya Buena, Goldfrapp, Beyoncé, Diddy f/Christina Aguilera, DMC f/Sarah McLachlan, 3 Doors Down f/Bob Seger, Cascada, Jack Johnson, Train, Orson, James Blunt, Pink, Girls Aloud, Gnarls Barkley, LL Cool J f/Jennifer Lopez, Franz Ferdinand, John Mayer, JoJo, Live, Mariah Carey, Evanescence, Pussycat Dolls, Sean Paul
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby FreakyFlyBry » Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:01 am

150. Melissa O'Neil - Speechless
First of 2 songs for the 3rd Canadian Idol winner... "Let It Go" is still to come, higher up.

149. Hedley - Gunnin'
Back to back Canadian Idol contestants, Jacob Hoggard and his band get their second highest appearance of the year... only "Trip" is higher up.

148. Alesha - Lipstick
The former Mis-Teeq member made her solo debut this year, and this catchy tune has become her only solo hit to chart for me to date.

147. Shakira f/Carlos Santana - Illegal
Despite this, the follow-up to her worldwide #1 "Hips Don't Lie" being a complete flop, I liked it enough to get in my top 150 of the year. This could possibly return for another appearance in 2007.

146. Suits XL - Play
Canadian band who had a big hit in their homeland this year, this marks their only appearance in my year-end chart.

145. Ne-Yo - When You're Mad
First of 2 appearances for this R&B singer... his biggest hit is still to come.

144. Ashley Parker Angel - Let U Go
The former O-Town member went solo this year; and this effort definitely showed promise. Unfortunately, it's the only solo hit he's had so far.

143. Beyoncé f/Jay-Z - Déjà Vu
The first single from her "B-Day" album was a disappointment... but the big hit from this album is still to come.

142. Fergie f/Will.i.am - Fergalicious
Unfortunately, this was as high as her solo career gets here... but she still has 2 more to come with her bandmates in the Black Eyed Peas.

141. Lennon - Where Do I Fit In
No, not that Lennon! This one's a female singer-songwriter who had a quick-running top 20 hit on my chart this year.

140. Sandi Thom - I Wish I Was A Punk Rocker (With Flowers In My Hair)
One of 2006's surprise hits, she came out of nowhere to score this song... but unfortunately, not much else followed it success-wise.

139. Enya - Amarantine
Enya released a new album in 2006, this being the title track. Still one more Enya to come.

138. Kelly Clarkson - Because of You
Another holdover from 2005, this one lasted long enough in 2006 to get another position here. Spent 5 weeks at #1 last summer.

137. Gavin DeGraw - We Belong Together
No relation to the Mariah Carey song that topped my 2005 chart; this one is pretty much expected for Gavin.

136. Pussycat Dolls - Stickwitu
The second of their four appearances, this one was a ballad that made my top 5 late last year. Still 2 more to come.

135. George - Talk To Me
A new Canadian R&B singer; this was his debut single that made my weekly top 30, and ranks at #135 for the year. Who knows if he'll have more in 2007?

134. AFI - Love Like Winter
This rock band broke into the mainstream in 2006... and this song marks their only appearance in my top 200.

133. Mario Vazquez - Gallery
Who knew dropping out of American Idol would be a good career move? Mario makes a nice debut effort, but the top 2 from his season still managed to beat him.

132. Ashlee Simpson - Invisible
This became her first single to miss the top 10 on my chart... and since then, it's basically lived up to its title :P How high did "L.O.V.E." rank?

131. Coldplay - The Hardest Part
Coldplay continued their "X&Y" releases into 2006, and this, the fourth single from it, ranks as their only appearance here.

130. Alanis Morissette - Crazy
Another 2005 holdover, this #1 from late last year continued its run into 2006. It was a quiet year for Alanis overall, hopefully 2007 will have more from her!

129. Roxette - One Wish
It's been a few years, but Roxette managed to add another hit to their list; this is basically what you'd expect to hear from them, knowing their past stuff.

128. Ne-Yo - So Sick
One of 2006's biggest hits, this is the highest appearance from Ne-Yo as an artist; however, he did co-write another song that's still to come.

127. 10 Years - Wasteland
A big rock hit in 2006; this band hasn't really been able to get another hit like this since. Maybe 2007 will prove me wrong?

126. INXS - Pretty Vegas
The song that launched J.D. Fortune as their new lead singer; this may have been released in 2005, but didn't peak until 2006. Still 2 more from INXS to come.
FreakyFlyBry
No Title, No Topic

Postby pepster » Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:09 am

This chart should be really interesting :D

Woo for these.

129. Roxette - One Wish
128. Ne-Yo - So Sick
pepster
Legend

Postby Frederic » Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:38 am

Woo for:

148. Alesha - Lipstick
145. Ne-Yo - When You're Mad
139. Enya - Amarantine
133. Mario Vazquez - Gallery
132. Ashlee Simpson - Invisible
129. Roxette - One Wish
128. Ne-Yo - So Sick

Nice comments, btw :wink:
Frederic
Good Boy Gone Bad

Postby Dalmatin » Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:14 pm

so fast :o

172. Train - Cab
167. Girls Aloud - Whole Lotta History
161. John Mayer - Waiting On The World To Change
159. Live - The River
157. Pearl Jam - Life Wasted
134. AFI - Love Like Winter

well, some nice stuff there.. biggest woos for Blunt, Pink's amazing political effort and Tom Petty 8-)
Dalmatin
A Wolf At The Door

Postby FreakyFlyBry » Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:49 pm

125. INXS - Devil's Party
Second highest from the legendary Australian band; how high will their biggest of the year, "Afterglow", rank?

124. Amy Winehouse - Rehab
They tried to make her go to rehab, she said no, no, no, I'm at #124 for the year! As this is still charting, it may make another appearance in 2007.

123. Daniel Powter - Lie To Me
Probably the least successful of his singles, it's also his first of 4 in this entire chart...

122. Daniel Powter - Love You Lately
...and here's the next! Still 2 more to come, both in the top 100. But will either of them beat "Bad Day"'s #14 position from last year?

121. Fall Out Boy - A Little Less Sixteen Candles, A Little More Touch Me
Second highest for these guys... "Dance, Dance" is still a little higher.

120. Stabilo - Flawed Design
Another Canadian band who achieved their biggest success this year... unfortunately, the follow-up was a flop. Maybe in 2007, their fortunes will reverse?

119. Oasis - Acquiesce
The oldest song on here, this was originally a B-side in 1995, but released this year as part of an EP, as well as being included on their greatest hits collection.

118. James Blunt - High
Second of 4 appearances from Mr. Blunt... the 2 that occupied positions in the top 5 simultaneously are higher up.

117. Sheryl Crow & Sting - Always On Your Side
Finally releasing a second single from "Wildflower", Sheryl re-recorded this one with Sting... and ranks as the highest from both artists this year.

116. Aerosmith - Devil's Got A New Disguise
A new track on their latest greatest hits collection, this has the classic Aerosmith sound all around. Steven Tyler still has his collaboration with Santana, "Just Feel Better", higher up.

115. Nerina Pallot - Everybody's Gone To War
I hadn't heard of her before this song, but it impressed me enough to go top 40 on my chart, and rank #115 for the year.

114. Aly & A.J. - Rush
Another Disney act who became successful in 2006; this was the first song of theirs I liked, and lasted a long time despite not reaching my top 30.

113. Bon Jovi - Who Says You Can't Go Home
Who says they couldn't do country? I preferred the original album version, but overall, I felt this wasn't up to their usual standards. Still one more Bon Jovi song higher up.

112. Joanna - Let It Slide
One of 2006's newcomers, this was a nice breakthrough, even though it failed to do that much anywhere.

111. Red Hot Chili Peppers - Tell Me Baby
The second single from their "Stadium Arcadium" album; the first, "Dani California", ranks much higher.

110. Gin Blossoms - Learning The Hard Way
A pleasant comeback from the 90's band; this was right in the line of their 90's hits, but here comes just short of the top 100.

109. KT Tunstall - Other Side Of The World
The first of three songs from KT to appear here, this is her most recent to make my chart, and is still currently charting. How high will her other two be?

108. Our Lady Peace - Angels Losing Sleep
This was taken from their most recent studio album, and was charting at the beginning of 2006; unfortunately, nothing they've released since has charted.

107. Bo Bice - The Real Thing
Now the runner-up from the 2005 American Idol season... he was still, however, beaten by the winner once again ;)

106. Celine Dion & Il Divo - I Believe In You
Sung half in English and half in French, this was the first song with Il Divo on it that I liked. Still 1 more Celine song to come.

105. Scissor Sisters - I Don't Feel Like Dancin'
The retro-70's feel helped give the Scissor Sisters their biggest hit to date, and also their highest-charting on my chart.

104. Carrie Underwood - Before He Cheats
So while Carrie beat out Bo, it was only by 3 spots! However, working in Carrie's advantage is the fact that she's still charting, and may appear again in 2007.

103. Dixie Chicks - Not Ready To Make Nice
How does the once-most-popular group in country music react to controversy after dissing President Bush? They wrote a song about it and released it as the first single! This is their only appearance on my list, but further singles from "The Long Way Around" may make 2007's list.

102. Pink - Stupid Girls
Another controversial song here, dissing the whole "stupid girl" concept and parodying such artists in her video; this wasn't the right leadoff choice, and fizzled in the top 20 on my chart. However, the next 2 singles both reached #1, and can be found higher up.

101. Nelly Furtado - Say It Right
The third single from the "Loose" album; this one is currently charting in my top 5. Despite just missing the top 100 for 2006, it has an excellent chance to become a huge hit into 2007.
FreakyFlyBry
No Title, No Topic

Return to Year End Personal Charts