CZB's Chart, November - 2017 (Month 458) and 1979 (Month 4)

Moderators: tdc2000, FreakyFlyBry

Postby CZB » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:13 pm

irishguy28 wrote:Lady Gaga's swift ascent to Number 1 caught me completely by surprise! Especially when "Just Dance" made absolutely no dent in your chart. I thought "Just Dance" was a more immediate track - but now that "Poker Face" has had time to do its work on me, it's gone from a slow burn to a full-on inferno that's taken me by surprise.

I'm also a bit surprised that your Number 1 is shared with both the US and the UK right now - no offence, but your chart is relatively slow moving and your climbers typically seem to already be past their peak in the UK (those that make the UK charts anyway), and your taste is eclectic enough that you don't normally have a UK Number 1 sitting atop your chart. Further evidence, I think, of the greatness of that particular track.
Indeed.......and, as Blondie, Jennifer Rush and Coldplay didn't reach my number one until they were on the way down in the UK chart, while Europe and DJ Sammy made it before they were even released here, this is actually the first occasion in nearly thirty years that a track is the UK number one and my number one at the same time!!! :o

irishguy28 wrote:And while it's good to see Delerium's Silence finally make some impact, shame on you that you didn't get on board 8 years ago! The earlier remixes were far better than those reheats from last year - and that's spoken as a true fan of that particular track.
I'm not really sure what it is about the most recent remix that has convinced me of its merit. Hearing it for many weeks on all of the Belgian Ultratop chart shows must have helped (and it will also begin a few weeks in the Nederlandse Top 40, from this coming Friday!) - but, on checking back, the earlier version had quite a long run in the UK Top 40 at the end of 2000 (and, of course, Ireland got it a year earlier!). So it had plenty of time to make an impact on me way back then, but somehow didn't! Anyway, the 12" arrived today, and the CD single is on the way.......

irishguy28 wrote:Will Ishtar EVER fall off your chart? A whole year on seems way way too generous to that particular concoction. What do you think of this year's Belgian entry, by the way?
The only two 2009 entries I've heard so far are those that have featured in the national chart shows I listen to - and I didn't really rate neither of them. Denmark's seems very dull - not significantly different from the most forgettable tracks Ronan Keating has been involved with in the past.......while the lyrics of the Netherlands entry strike me as the sort of thing the UK used to enter - without particular success - in the 80s / early 90s. It's not quite "Half the world is hungry..." - but it's not far off! Just not for me - although I have previously bought some solo singles by most of the trio.

I'm going to try to set aside time in the next few days to listen to all the 2009 entries (if indeed they are all now chosen? I expect they are). I thought about setting aside five, or even ten, places in next month's breakers especially for Eurovision songs - although it will depend on the quality of the new submissions! I recently discovered the Eurovision internet radio station "ESCRadio.com" ( http://www.escradio.com/player/default.asp?bw=hi&pl=wma ) and frequently have this playing in the background. Nothing for 2009 seems to be on their playlist yet - but virtually all the old entries I've enjoyed turn up there from time to time. Including Ishtar, which is still played quite frequently - in fact, that was on earlier today!

Perhaps I should do an extra feature on my favourite Eurovision entries, in the next month or two. But it might be best to wait for Ishtar (and Sebastien Tellier) to drop out. I don't suppose either are likely to remain in my chart much longer - but you never know!
CZB
Legend

Postby CZB » Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:04 pm

I wrote:Lady GaGa’s “Poker Face” was last month’s highest new entry at number 10, and now climbs nine places to the top. It would appear that a seven-inch single release is planned ..... There are already another five seven-inch singles in the top ten - the most for quite some time.
Well, a seven-inch single of "Poker Face" was released - I got one a couple of days ago. So, in a slight change to the mid-month feature I had planned, it's a look back at the last time, prior to this month, that as many as six of my top ten singles were available in that format! And it was just over ten years ago, in......

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
February 1999 (Month 234)

01 10 02 PRAY Tina Cousins
02 03 03 KEEP THE SECRET Dune
03 02 03 HABLA ME LUNA Basic Connection
04 08 02 WE LIKE TO PARTY Vengaboys ##
05 01 08 LIFE IS A FLOWER / WHENEVER YOU'RE NEAR ME Ace Of Base
06 04 06 NO TENGO DINERO Los Umbrellos ##
07 07 05 UP AND DOWN Vengaboys
08 18 05 RENDEZVOUS Culture Beat
09 19 02 THE POWER OF GOODBYE Madonna
10 05 07 EVERYTHING'S GONNA BE ALRIGHT Sweetbox

It may seem strange now - but way back in the earlier years of my monthly chart, virtually all the hits were released on seven-inch single. So, in most months, right into the early 1990's, the whole of my top ten were in that format. And the last time that this happened was nearly sixteen years ago, in.......

July 1993 (Month 167)

01 22 02 HOW COULD YOU LET ME GO Brigitte Nielsen ##
02 06 08 YOU NEEDED ME Anne Murray
03 23 02 UNE FILLE DE TOUS LES PAYS/DOMINIQUE [Medley] Berdien Stenberg
04 04 05 THE POET AND I Frank Mills
05 02 07 LAST THING ON MY MIND Bananarama
06 ---- 01 WHEN YOU GO AWAY Johnny Griggs
07 08 03 GEISTER UBER AFRIKA Juliane Werding
08 ---- 01 PIENSA EN MI Luz Casal
09 09 03 I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU Tears 'n' Joy
10 10 05 IT'S OK, ALL RIGHT Def Dames Dope

Image Image
CZB
Legend

Postby chris975 » Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:06 pm

Great chart CZB!:

chris975
Legend

Postby CZB » Fri May 01, 2009 9:27 pm

chris975 wrote:Great chart CZB!:

By coincidence, these were the six seven-inch singles in that top ten! The tracks by Tina Cousins, Dune, Basic Connection and Culture Beat were only on 12" and CD.

Another month, another new chart:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CZB'S TOP FORTY -------------------- Month 357 -------------------- MAY 2009
01 01 03 POKER FACE Lady GaGa
02 04 02 SKY AND SAND Paul and Fritz Kalkbrenner ##
03 11 03 WALKING ON AIR Kerli ##
04 18 02 MADE OF LOVE Ferry Corsten featuring Betsie Larkin
05 22 02 JUNGLE DRUM Emiliana Torrini [Rapid Riser]
06 09 03 MAKE YOU FEEL MY LOVE Adele
07 07 03 THE FEAR Lily Allen
08 10 05 STEPPING STONE Duffy
09 03 04 HUMAN Killers
10 08 07 MR ROCK AND ROLL Amy MacDonald

11 02 04 AMELIE Butch
12 06 06 IN AND OUT OF LOVE Armin van Buuren featuring Sharon Den Adel
13 17 03 PYRAMID John Dahlback
14 05 06 CHILDREN Dave Darell
15 13 07 SEE YOU AGAIN Miley Cyrus ##
16 12 04 RISE AGAIN Sylver ##
17 ---- 01 IT'S AMAZING Jem [Highest New Entry] ##
18 16 06 ALL THIS TIME (THE PICK ME UP SONG) Maria Mena ##
19 14 05 MILES AWAY Madonna
20 36 02 COMA AID Marco V

21 ---- 01 GONE Lasgo
22 27 11 CAN'T GET OVER September ##
23 28 03 SAY YEAH Yves Larock featuring Jaba
24 19 06 RACE Milk Inc.
25 21 08 WARWICK AVENUE Duffy
26 25 05 THE STORM Jerry Ropero featuring Cozi
27 20 06 RED LIGHT Ian Carey
28 23 08 PJANOO Eric Prydz
29 24 07 THIS IS THE LIFE Amy MacDonald
30 26 07 PADDY'S REVENGE Steve Mac

31 15 09 GIVE IT 2 ME Madonna [Fastest Faller]
32 ---- 01 ALLEIN ALLEIN Polarkreis 18
33 29 09 MORUMBI Tocadisco
34 40 02 PAPER PLANES M.I.A.
35 ---- 01 MEMORY Fragma
36 30 16 LARGER THAN LIFE Regi, Wout and Caren Meynen [Longest Laster]
37 33 09 VIVA LA VIDA Coldplay
38 ---- 01 OUT OF MY MIND Lasgo
39 39 05 DIVINE Sebastien Tellier
40 38 13 O JULISSI NA JALINI Ishtar ##
TOP 40 BREAKERS:
01 [ 00 ] RELEASE ME Agnes [Chartbuster] ##
02 [ 06 ] STEALIN' LOVE Rene Ablaze Presents Fallen Skies
03 [ 07 ] KIDS Mgmt
04 [ 05 ] ANGEL IN THE NIGHT Basshunter
05 [ 08 ] FREELOADER Dave Darell
06 [ 13 ] UNFORGIVABLE Armin Van Buuren featuring Jaren
07 [ 17 ] SO STRONG Meck featuring Dino
08 [ 15 ] GIB MIR SONNE Rosenstolz
09 [ 14 ] WHEN YOU TOUCH ME Freemasons featuring Katherine Ellis
10 [ 00 ] F*** YOU Lily Allen

11 [ 16 ] SKANKIN' Ian Oliver
12 [ 18 ] LIVE YOUR LIFE T.I. featuring Rihanna
13 [ 19 ] ANOTHER DIMENSION Timmy Vegas featuring Bad Lay-Dee
14 [ 24 ] YOU'RE NOT ALONE Liz Kay
15 [ 26 ] FAR AWAY Ron Van Den Beuken featuring Nicole Tyler
16 [ 37 ] IN FOR THE KILL La Roux
17 [ 22 ] KEEP THIS FIRE BURNING Outsiders featuring Amanda Wilson
18 [ 25 ] LAAT ME ALLEEN Rita Hovink [and Gerard Joling]
19 [ 29 ] BLUE MONDAY Kurd Maverick
20 [ 23 ] LIEBE ZU DRITT Alex C featuring Y-Ass

21 [ 30 ] MY LIFE WOULD SUCK WITHOUT YOU Kelly Clarkson
22 [ 36 ] SILENCE Delerium featuring Sarah McLachlan
23 [ 00 ] NOT FAIR Lily Allen
24 [ 32 ] VANITY AND PRIDE Paola and Chiara
25 [ 00 ] I REMEMBER Deadmau5 featuring Kaskade
26 [ 27 ] FEEL IT Tamperer featuring Maya
27 [ 40 ] RIGHT ROUND Flo Rida featuring Kesha
28 [ 00 ] PLEASE DON'T LEAVE ME Pink
29 [ 31 ] IMITATION Melee
30 [ 00 ] WALKING ON A DREAM Empire Of The Sun

31 [ 39 ] LISTEN TO THE VOICE INSIDE Yves Larock
32 [ 34 ] LET YOUR LOVE FLOW Bellamy Brothers
33 [ 35 ] GANGSTA'S PARADISE Coolio featuring LV
34 [ 00 ] C'EST BEAU LA BOURGEOISIE Discobitch
35 [ 00 ] U GOT 2 KNOW Dubguru
36 [ 00 ] LOVE SYMPHONY Quartissimo featuring Martina
37 [ 00 ] LA VOIX Malena Ernmann
38 [ 00 ] FAIRYTALE Alexander Rybakn
39 [ 00 ] LA TEVA DECISIO Susanne Georgi
40 [ 00 ] CARRY ME IN YOUR DREAMS Kejsi Tola
New entry at number one nine years ago: JUST AROUND THE HILL Sash / Tina C
New entry at number one six years ago: DESTROY SHE SAID Circ
New entry at number one two years ago: WHEN LOVE BECOMES A LIE Liz Kay

There are three non-movers this month - and, for the first time in 2009, they include the number one, as Lady GaGa spends a second month at the top with “Poker Face”. However, two former Chartbusters and two major movers are all chasing at her heels in the top five, and any of these could easily be in pole position next time. “Sky And Sand” by Paul and Fritz Kalkbrenner, now in its fourteenth week in the top ten in Belgium, is up two places to number two; “Walking On Air” by Kerli, a high new entry this week in Germany, is up eight at number three; Ferry Corsten and Betsie Larkin race up fourteen places to number four with “Made Of Love“; and this month’s Rapid Riser, Emiliana Torrini with “Jungle Drum”, climbs from its entry position of 22 to number five. Seven other climbers include Marco V’s take on “Cambodia”, up sixteen places to number 20 - and there are five new entries, from four different acts. Lasgo’s current Dutch and Belgian hit “Gone” comes in at 21, while their previous single “Out Of My Mind” - rumoured to be getting a UK release - also arrives at number 38. This brings their total tally of hits to six, out of eight breakers - the best to date being “Something”, which peaked at number two in 2002. Jem also reached number two with “Wish I”, and now her former Chartbuster “It’s Amazing” is the highest new entry at number 17, her third hit. She also peaked at number three with “They” - as did Fragma with “You Are Alive”. They now have a fifth hit with “Memory”, in at 35. And the final newcomers are Polarkreis 18, whose debut hit “Allein Allein” enters at number 32.

Twenty-one hits are sliding down, including fastest faller Madonna with “Give It 2 Me”, plummeting sixteen places to number 31 after eight months in the top 40, and longest laster “Larger Than Life” by Regi, Wout and Caren Meynen, down six at 36. Having peaked at number 14 for three months in 2008, this is only the twelfth single in nearly thirty years to spend sixteen months in my chart without ever reaching the top ten! Meanwhile, as two of 2008’s Eurovision Song Contest entrants - Belgium’s Ishtar and France’s Sebastien Tellier - cling on in right at the bottom of the chart, the 2009 contest is now approaching. And I have managed to find five submissions with the potential to enter my chart in the months ahead. Albania last reached the breakers in 2004 with their most successful entry so far, and this time they have another good effort, performed by sixteen-year-old Kejsi Tola. Andorra are represented by a somewhat older Susanne Georgi, who previously reached number seven in my top 40 as part of Me and My with “Dub-I-Dub”, while Norway’s Alexander Rybak already seems to be an early favourite. Just ahead with me, though, are the Swedish entry from Malena Emman - and the somewhat unusual Slovenian song by Quartissimo, which had me reaching for my stop-watch and establishing that the singer can be heard for a total time of one minute out of the three. She sings for forty seconds of the last minute, twenty seconds of the second minute, and not at all in the first…….which is the one I like the best!

There are eight further new potential future hits this time, and among them only one artist who has previously impressed me - Lily Allen. Still in my top ten, and in charts around Europe with “The Fear”, she has followed this up with different singles in different countries - and both of them are new in the breakers, somewhat negative in tone, but irresistibly performed. One is called “Not Fair”, while the other.......isn’t. Meanwhile, looking for their first hit in my chart are Deadmau5 featuring Kaskade, Empire Of The Sun, Discobitch, Dubguru, and someone who has been making records I have hated for years, Pink. The inclusion of “Please Don’t Leave Me” is entirely due to DJ and former “Big Brother” contestant Adele Roberts, who I have heard playing the far superior “Digital Dog Edit” version several times this month on her late-night programme on Galaxy FM. Disappointingly, this version is not included on the recent UK single release - nor, it would seem, those in other countries either. However, this month’s Chartbuster, guaranteed to enter my top 40 in June, is a 21-year-old singer born in Vanersborg, Sweden. Winning the “Pop Idol” contest in her homeland four years ago led to several major hits there - but her latest single looks set to bring her to the attention of a much wider audience across the continent. And this may even possibly include the UK, where it is already receiving airplay on some major radio stations. My Record of the Month for May 2009 is Agnes Carlsson, with “Release Me”.
CZB
Legend

Postby Tiger » Sat May 02, 2009 9:41 am

CZB wrote:01 01 03 POKER FACE Lady GaGa
05 22 02 JUNGLE DRUM Emiliana Torrini [Rapid Riser]
06 09 03 MAKE YOU FEEL MY LOVE Adele
07 07 03 THE FEAR Lily Allen
09 03 04 HUMAN Killers
10 08 07 MR ROCK AND ROLL Amy MacDonald

12 06 06 IN AND OUT OF LOVE Armin van Buuren featuring Sharon Den Adel
15 13 07 SEE YOU AGAIN Miley Cyrus ##
17 ---- 01 IT'S AMAZING Jem [Highest New Entry] ##
18 16 06 ALL THIS TIME (THE PICK ME UP SONG) Maria Mena ##
19 14 05 MILES AWAY Madonna

22 27 11 CAN'T GET OVER September ##
29 24 07 THIS IS THE LIFE Amy MacDonald
30 26 07 PADDY'S REVENGE Steve Mac

31 15 09 GIVE IT 2 ME Madonna [Fastest Faller]
32 ---- 01 ALLEIN ALLEIN Polarkreis 18
35 ---- 01 MEMORY Fragma
37 33 09 VIVA LA VIDA Coldplay
39 39 05 DIVINE Sebastien Tellier
TOP 40 BREAKERS:
01 [ 00 ] RELEASE ME Agnes [Chartbuster] ##
03 [ 07 ] KIDS Mgmt
04 [ 05 ] ANGEL IN THE NIGHT Basshunter
07 [ 17 ] SO STRONG Meck featuring Dino
09 [ 14 ] WHEN YOU TOUCH ME Freemasons featuring Katherine Ellis

12 [ 18 ] LIVE YOUR LIFE T.I. featuring Rihanna
16 [ 37 ] IN FOR THE KILL La Roux
17 [ 22 ] KEEP THIS FIRE BURNING Outsiders featuring Amanda Wilson

21 [ 30 ] MY LIFE WOULD SUCK WITHOUT YOU Kelly Clarkson
23 [ 00 ] NOT FAIR Lily Allen
26 [ 27 ] FEEL IT Tamperer featuring Maya
27 [ 40 ] RIGHT ROUND Flo Rida featuring Kesha
30 [ 00 ] WALKING ON A DREAM Empire Of The Sun

32 [ 34 ] LET YOUR LOVE FLOW Bellamy Brothers
36 [ 00 ] LOVE SYMPHONY Quartissimo featuring Martina
37 [ 00 ] LA VOIX Malena Ernmann
38 [ 00 ] FAIRYTALE Alexander Rybakn
39 [ 00 ] LA TEVA DECISIO Susanne Georgi
40 [ 00 ] CARRY ME IN YOUR DREAMS Kejsi Tola
New entry at number one nine years ago: JUST AROUND THE HILL Sash / Tina C
New entry at number one two years ago: WHEN LOVE BECOMES A LIE Liz Kay
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ [/b]
Eurovision has begun!! And Belgium's entry for ALST year is still in!
These foolish games are tearing me apart

My CHART
Tiger
Lover Of (Mostly) Everything Pop

Postby CZB » Sat May 09, 2009 6:33 pm

I wrote:"Larger Than Life" by Regi, Wout and Caren Meynen, down six at 36. Having peaked at number 14 for three months in 2008, this is only the twelfth single in nearly thirty years to spend sixteen months in my chart, without ever reaching the top ten!
So for this month's retro feature, it's a look back at those twelve hits which, in various ways,
managed to spend a very long time in the lower regions of my monthly chart - but never ever got to the top ten. The majority of these were in the current decade - but, even more rarely, a few were in the 1980's and 1990's. And it's those that are now covered in the first part of this feature:

01 - JAPANESE BOY Aneka

Chart runs: 22 14 13 15 19 25 XX XX 25 [1981/1982]
and 45 33 21 21 21 21 28 40 41 43 [1984/1985]

Peak position: 13
Months in chart: 17
Current position in my all-time chart: 435

For reasons lost in the mists of time, this UK chart-topper from 1981 - performed with an Oriental image by Scottish singer Mary Sandeman - returned to the lower regions of my chart for a longer run three years later, becoming the only long-running hit of the first decade that failed to ever reach my top ten.

02 - TELL ME A POEM Papermoon

Chart run: 38 36 34 34 33 32 32 30 28 27 24 23 18 18 17 15 11 11 14 39 [1994/1995]

Peak position: 11
Months in chart: 20
Current position in my all-time chart: 121

This quiet vocal/guitar piece by a duo from Vienna reached the top five in Austria, but didn't spread any further into the charts of Europe. It was the first CD single I ever bought (no vinyl release being available, unfortunately!) and made the slowest ever climb up my top forty, only reaching its number 11 peak in its seventeenth month. However, the descent was then considerably quicker!

03 - NOG EEN KANS Vera Mann

Chart run: 39 37 35 33 31 30 29 27 24 23 22 21 16 16 14 11 17 29 [1994/1995]

Months in chart: 18
Current position in my all-time chart: 166

This closing theme tune from a 66-episode Dutch television drama serial set in a detention centre for women entered my chart in the same month as "Tell Me A Poem", but reached its number 11 peak sooner - well, a little sooner. It also made a fast descent, finally dropping out at almost exactly the same time as the series finished airing. Having been selected as an Alarmschijf, it reached the top ten in Holland - but, not surprisingly, failed to chart anywhere else.

04 - NEKA MI NE SVANE / HOLD BACK THE RISING SUN - Danijela

Chart run: 17 15 13 11 11 11 11 11 14 19 23 28 25 29 30 31 39 39 [1998/1999]

Months in chart: 18
Current position in my all-time chart: 146

There have been several long-running Eurovision hits in my chart over the years, and this was one of the longest of them all. Croatia's entry in the 1998 contest, it was the first performed, and finished in fifth place. My Record Of The Month in June 1998, it spent five months peaking at number 11 at the end of the year and the beginning of 1999. I recall that it was some time into this long run that I managed to obtain the CD single - in the early months, I had to make do with a recording from the contest. Somehow, it then became strange not to hear a round of applause at a particular point during the song!

Next.......2001 to 2003 !
CZB
Legend

Postby Tiger » Tue May 12, 2009 5:36 am

01 - JAPANESE BOY Aneka

It's a very fake oriental thing but it works

My CHART
Tiger

Postby CZB » Sun May 17, 2009 12:33 pm

Now, the second part of the lower-ranking long-lasters in nearly thirty years of my own monthly chart:

05 - DAM DUBI DAM (I MISS YOU) Millane Fernandez

Chart run: 11 12 13 15 16 19 21 23 24 27 33 35 36 37 39 40 [2001-2003]
Months in chart: 16
Current position in my all-time chart: 411

This young Indonesia-born singer had more success around Europe with the single "Boom Boom" than this follow-up - strangely released with two different titles, and which was my Record Of The Month in October 2001. In complete contrast with some of the others already mentioned, it then entered at its peak position of 11, and moved downwards in every single one of the next fifteen months!

06 - HEAVEN ABOVE Future Breeze

Chart run: 27 20 20 20 20 20 20 22 23 28 25 25 25 28 29 38 [2003/2004]
Peak position: 20
Current position in my all-time chart: 463

The German DJs and producers Markus Boehme and Martin Hensing are more well-known for other single releases, but this was the only one I ever liked. Reaching number 20 fairly quickly, it remained there for six months before making a leisurely descent through the bottom half of the top forty.

07 - LIGAYA Gouryella

Chart run: 27 18 16 11 11 11 20 23 23 24 24 24 28 25 32 35 37 [2003/2004]
Current position in my all-time chart: 194

This track gave the Dutch trance act a minor hit in Germany and the Netherlands, but it peaked for three months just below my top ten, followed by a slow slide downwards. They never troubled my chart again - but one of the participants, Ferry Corsten, is currently in my top five with "Made Of Love".

08 - PARADISE Novaspace

Chart run: 38 31 30 31 30 33 34 35 31 30 30 30 35 33 32 31 31 32 32 32 35 38 [2003-2005]
Peak position: 30
Months in chart: 22
Current position in my all-time chart: 796

The only act so far in this list who had any other entries in my chart - they peaked at number 3 with their cover versions of both "Time After Time" and "Guardian Angel" - this German dance project had one of the strangest ever runs with this example of their own material. It bounced around the bottom end of my top 40 for nearly two years, without ever going higher than number 30 - and is over six hundred places higher in my all-time chart than anything else peaking at that position!

Soon.......the final part, 2005 to the present!
CZB
Legend

Postby CZB » Sun May 24, 2009 12:36 pm

Now, the final instalment of this brief look back at - in this instance, the most recent - long runners on my chart that never quite managed to reach the top ten.......

09 - EVERYTIME WE TOUCH Cascada

Chart run: 34 25 27 30 38 30 19 18 16 16 15 15 23 28 33 36 37 39 40 39 40 39 [2005-2007]

Peak position: 15
Months in chart: 22
Current position in my all-time chart: 344

This one is easier to explain - like their previous release "Miracle", I discovered it a long time before it was released in the UK and became a major chart hit here. Having already made a slow climb to a number 15 peak, its success in the charts of Europe prolonged its stay, by the end of which it had been joined by several other tracks from the same album!

10 - WINTER DT8 Project Featuring Andrea Britton

Chart run: 36 30 31 31 32 28 25 25 25 29 31 32 33 35 26 29 36 [2005-2007]

Peak position: 25
Current position in my all-time chart: 892

One of four UK briefly-charting hits featuring Andrea Britton as guest vocalist - the others being by Oxygen, Jurgen Vries and Sunfreakz - this song lingered on for nearly a year and a half in the bottom half of my top forty, the only appearances in my chart for the London-born club DJ and producer Darren Tate.

11 - ICH BIN ICH (WIR SIND WIR) Rosenstolz

Chart run: 40 30 25 21 21 21 21 21 29 34 29 29 30 31 32 38 [2006/2007]

Peak position: 21
Current position in my all-time chart: 701

This German group are currently in the breakers with "Gib Mir Sonne", and had previously been there in 1998 with "Herzensschöner", a rejected Eurovision Song Contest submission. But their only hit so far in my top forty has been one of their biggest-selling releases, which has made several returns to the German Top 100 since it peaked there at number two. In my chart it never quite reached the top twenty, but spent five out of its sixteen months
at number 21.

12 - LARGER THAN LIFE Regi, Wout and Caren Meynen

Chart run: 40 20 14 14 14 22 25 28 31 32 28 28 27 27 30 36 [2008/2009]

Peak position: 14
Current position in my all-time chart: 493

One of three major hit tracks in my chart from Regi Penxten's album "Registrated", on this one he was joined by Sylver's Wout van Dessel - with vocals by Caren Meynen, one of the best chart-show presenters of many I have heard over the past three decades. In particular, her marathon seven-hour countdowns of the complete top 100 best-sellers of the year in Flanders have been highlights of the Christmas/New Year period for me in several recent years. However, she has now parted company with both networks on which she hosted weekly chart shows for a very long time (despite only recently reaching the age of 30!), and moved on to other things.

CZB
Legend

Postby Tiger » Thu May 28, 2009 5:49 am

09 - EVERYTIME WE TOUCH Cascada

I actually didn't know you were such a Dance fan but still awesome

My CHART
Tiger

Postby CZB » Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:24 pm

CZB'S TOP FORTY -------------------- Month 358 ------------------- JUNE 2009
01 02 03 SKY AND SAND Paul and Fritz Kalkbrenner ##
02 04 03 MADE OF LOVE Ferry Corsten featuring Betsie Larkin
03 06 04 MAKE YOU FEEL MY LOVE Adele
04 01 04 POKER FACE Lady GaGa
05 05 03 JUNGLE DRUM Emiliana Torrini
06 ---- 01 F*** YOU Lily Allen [Highest New Entry]
07 03 04 WALKING ON AIR Kerli ##
08 08 06 STEPPING STONE Duffy
09 ---- 01 I REMEMBER Deadmau5 featuring Kaskade
10 07 04 THE FEAR Lily Allen

11 21 02 GONE Lasgo
12 17 02 IT'S AMAZING Jem ##
13 09 05 HUMAN Killers
14 11 05 AMELIE Butch
15 ---- 01 RELEASE ME Agnes ##
16 20 03 COMA AID Marco V
17 22 12 CAN'T GET OVER September [Longest Laster] ##
18 32 02 ALLEIN ALLEIN Polarkreis 18 [Rapid Riser]
19 12 07 IN AND OUT OF LOVE Armin van Buuren featuring Sharon Den Adel
20 10 08 MR ROCK AND ROLL Amy MacDonald

21 13 04 PYRAMID John Dahlback
22 14 07 CHILDREN Dave Darell
23 18 07 ALL THIS TIME (THE PICK ME UP SONG) Maria Mena ##
24 35 02 MEMORY Fragma
25 15 08 SEE YOU AGAIN Miley Cyrus ##
26 24 07 RACE Milk Inc.
27 25 09 WARWICK AVENUE Duffy
28 26 06 THE STORM Jerry Ropero featuring Cozi
29 19 06 MILES AWAY Madonna
30 16 05 RISE AGAIN Sylver [Fastest Faller] ##

31 23 04 SAY YEAH Yves Larock featuring Jaba
32 ---- 01 GIB MIR SONNE Rosenstolz
33 30 08 PADDY'S REVENGE Steve Mac
34 38 02 OUT OF MY MIND Lasgo
35 ---- 01 LOVE SYMPHONY Quartissimo featuring Martina
36 ---- 01 BRUISED WATER Chicane Vs Natasha Bedingfield
37 34 03 PAPER PLANES M.I.A.
38 ---- 01 IN FOR THE KILL La Roux
39 28 08 PJANOO Eric Prydz
40 ---- 01 KIDS Mgmt
TOP 40 BREAKERS:
01 [ 37 ] LA VOIX Malena Ernman [Chartbuster] ##
02 [ 02 ] STEALIN' LOVE Rene Ablaze Presents Fallen Skies
03 [ 04 ] ANGEL IN THE NIGHT Basshunter
04 [ 05 ] FREELOADER Dave Darell
05 [ 06 ] UNFORGIVABLE Armin Van Buuren featuring Jaren
06 [ 07 ] SO STRONG Meck featuring Dino
07 [ 15 ] FAR AWAY Ron Van Den Beuken featuring Nicole Tyler
08 [ 09 ] WHEN YOU TOUCH ME Freemasons featuring Katherine Ellis
09 [ 12 ] LIVE YOUR LIFE T.I. featuring Rihanna
10 [ 14 ] YOU'RE NOT ALONE Liz Kay

11 [ 18 ] LAAT ME ALLEEN Rita Hovink [and Gerard Joling]
12 [ 13 ] ANOTHER DIMENSION Timmy Vegas featuring Bad Lay-Dee
13 [ 22 ] SILENCE Delerium featuring Sarah McLachlan
14 [ 19 ] BLUE MONDAY Kurd Maverick
15 [ 24 ] VANITY AND PRIDE Paola and Chiara
16 [ 21 ] MY LIFE WOULD SUCK WITHOUT YOU Kelly Clarkson
17 [ 28 ] PLEASE DON'T LEAVE ME Pink
18 [ 38 ] FAIRYTALE Alexander Rybak
19 [ 23 ] NOT FAIR Lily Allen
20 [ 35 ] U GOT 2 KNOW Dubguru

21 [ 27 ] RIGHT ROUND Flo Rida featuring Kesha
22 [ 30 ] WALKING ON A DREAM Empire Of The Sun
23 [ 00 ] BLAME IT ON YOU Gathania
24 [ 00 ] WHEN LOVE TAKES OVER David Guetta featuring Kelly Rowland
25 [ 34 ] C'EST BEAU LA BOURGEOISIE Discobitch
26 [ 00 ] LET THE FEELINGS GO AnnaGrace
27 [ 31 ] LISTEN TO THE VOICE INSIDE Yves Larock
28 [ 00 ] IF YOU KNEW Chris Lake featuring Nastala
29 [ 39 ] LA TEVA DECISIO (GET A LIFE) Susanne Georgi
30 [ 00 ] LOST Peter Gelderblom

31 [ 00 ] LOVE ETC. Pet Shop Boys
32 [ 00 ] HEARTBREAK MAKE ME A DANCER Freemasons and Sophie Ellis-Bextor
33 [ 00 ] PAPARAZZI Lady GaGa
34 [ 00 ] EH EH (NOTHING ELSE I CAN SAY) Lady GaGa
35 [ 00 ] BULLETPROOF La Roux
36 [ 00 ] 1000 DREAMS Miss Kittin And The Hacker
37 [ 40 ] CARRY ME IN YOUR DREAMS Kejsi Tola
38 [ 00 ] THE GIRL AND THE ROBOT Röyksopp featuring Robyn
39 [ 00 ] AND SO I PRAY Jem
40 [ 00 ] RUN Amy MacDonald
New entry at number one twenty-eight years ago: CAN CAN Bad Manners
New entry at number one seventeen years ago: HELLO Twinkle

Ten climbers in the top forty this month include a new number one - the former Chartbuster “Sky And Sand” by Paul and Fritz Kalkbrenner, up one place to become my 172nd chart-topper. “Made Of Love” by Ferry Corsten and Betsie Larkin and “Make You Feel My Love” by Adele also move up into the top three; while after two months at number one, Lady GaGa’s “Poker Face” is one of twenty hits moving down, landing at number four. And there are just two non-movers this month, including last month’s Rapid Riser, Emiliana Torrini’s “Jungle Drum”. Although it sticks at number five in my chart, it has now reached number one in Belgium, and is also beginning to spread across the continent. Can it travel as far as the UK? The Rapid Riser this time is “Allein Allein” by Polarkreis 18, which moves up fourteen places to the number included in the group’s name. But just above them is the longest laster - the former Chartbuster by September, “Can’t Get Over”. I didn’t like the UK remix at all when I first heard it - but it has really grown on me, and the single has moved back upwards for four months in a row, now standing just four places below its original number 13 peak of last August. Another former Chartbuster is this month’s fastest faller - Sylver’s “Rise Again” tumbles fourteen places to number 30.

There are eight new entries this time - the most for quite a while - and half of them were brand new breakers only last month. Still just inside my top ten with “The Fear”, the less radio-friendly of Lily Allen's follow-up singles across Europe - apparently dedicated to George W. Bush - enters at number six, while almost ten minutes of listening pleasure from Deadmau5 and Kaskade crashes in three places lower. Last month’s Chartbuster by Agnes arrives at number 15 - but is the highest new entry at number 3 in the UK this week, and may even climb higher. Further down, the first of this year’s Eurovision Song Contest entries to enter my top forty is Slovenia’s “Love Symphony”, bringing Quartissimo and mainly unseen vocalist Martina in at number 35. After two months in the breakers, La Roux arrive three places lower with “In For The Kill”, while the other newcomers have taken much longer to reach my chart. The first hit for Mgmt, “Kids”, has taken six months to arrive at number 40; the second hit for Rosenstolz, “Gib Mir Sonne”, has taken eight months to appear at number 32; while “Bruised Water” spent ten months awaiting a place in the top forty - the last of these being in April. As it fell three places to number 63 in the extended chart last month, it was then removed from the breakers - but now it climbs 27 places, to debut at number 36 for Chicane Vs Natasha Bedingfield. Since the inception of the breakers chart in the early 1990’s, there are very few other hits whose top forty run has not immediately followed a period there!

In an impressive month for new music, there are no less than fourteen new potential future hits. Already in the top twenty with recent releases, Amy MacDonald, Jem and Lady GaGa have all since released further singles from their latest albums - arriving in the breakers with “Run“, “And So I Pray” and both “Paparazzi” and “Eh Eh (Nothing Else I Can Say)” respectively. David Guetta, Freemasons, Miss Kittin and Robyn have all already featured in my top forty in at least one collaboration with someone else, and are now back, with new partners Kelly Rowland, Sophie Ellis-Bextor, The Hacker and Royksopp. La Roux are already looking for a second hit with “Bulletproof“; AnnaGrace had several as part of Ian Van Dahl, and her second solo single may also now be chart-bound; while the Pet Shop Boys have had many more past successes, and could be in line for yet another with “Love Etc.” Three acts appear in the breakers for the first time - Peter Gelderblom, Chris Lake featuring Nastala, and Gathania Holmgren - and the last of these is another former Swedish “Pop Idol” contestant. In the hope that there is room for more than one in the UK chart, her single “Blame It On You” (also apparently known as “Blackout”) is due for imminent release here - but, although it is the most promising new breaker, it is outside the top 100, so it cannot be guaranteed a place in my chart next month. Instead, it is another Swedish artist who has this month’s Chartbuster. She fared much less well in the final of the Eurovision Song Contest than she had in her semi-final, but it’s the 38-year-old opera singer Malena Ernman who will enter my top forty next time, with my Record of the Month for June 2009 - “La Voix“.

CZB
Legend

Postby Tiger » Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:00 am

CZB wrote:03 06 04 MAKE YOU FEEL MY LOVE Adele
04 01 04 POKER FACE Lady GaGa
05 05 03 JUNGLE DRUM Emiliana Torrini
10 07 04 THE FEAR Lily Allen

12 17 02 IT'S AMAZING Jem ##
13 09 05 HUMAN Killers
15 ---- 01 RELEASE ME Agnes ##
17 22 12 CAN'T GET OVER September [Longest Laster] ##
18 32 02 ALLEIN ALLEIN Polarkreis 18 [Rapid Riser]
19 12 07 IN AND OUT OF LOVE Armin van Buuren featuring Sharon Den Adel
20 10 08 MR ROCK AND ROLL Amy MacDonald

24 35 02 MEMORY Fragma
25 15 08 SEE YOU AGAIN Miley Cyrus ##
29 19 06 MILES AWAY Madonna

33 30 08 PADDY'S REVENGE Steve Mac
36 ---- 01 BRUISED WATER Chicane Vs Natasha Bedingfield
38 ---- 01 IN FOR THE KILL La Roux
40 ---- 01 KIDS Mgmt

TOP 40 BREAKERS:
01 [ 37 ] LA VOIX Malena Ernman [Chartbuster] ##
03 [ 04 ] ANGEL IN THE NIGHT Basshunter
08 [ 09 ] WHEN YOU TOUCH ME Freemasons featuring Katherine Ellis
09 [ 12 ] LIVE YOUR LIFE T.I. featuring Rihanna

13 [ 22 ] SILENCE Delerium featuring Sarah McLachlan
16 [ 21 ] MY LIFE WOULD SUCK WITHOUT YOU Kelly Clarkson
17 [ 28 ] PLEASE DON'T LEAVE ME Pink
19 [ 23 ] NOT FAIR Lily Allen

21 [ 27 ] RIGHT ROUND Flo Rida featuring Kesha
22 [ 30 ] WALKING ON A DREAM Empire Of The Sun
24 [ 00 ] WHEN LOVE TAKES OVER David Guetta featuring Kelly Rowland
29 [ 39 ] LA TEVA DECISIO (GET A LIFE) Susanne Georgi

31 [ 00 ] LOVE ETC. Pet Shop Boys
33 [ 00 ] PAPARAZZI Lady GaGa
37 [ 40 ] CARRY ME IN YOUR DREAMS Kejsi Tola
40 [ 00 ] RUN Amy MacDonald
Glad to see you chart so many Eurovision songs! :P

My CHART
Tiger

Postby CZB » Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:24 pm

Well, I certainly set myself a difficult task for June's mid-month extra feature - which turned out to be a little like looking for needles in haystacks!

I wrote:“Bruised Water” spent ten months awaiting a place in the top forty - the last of these being in April. As it fell three places to number 63 in the extended chart last month, it was then removed from the breakers - but now it climbs 27 places, to debut at number 36 for Chicane Vs Natasha Bedingfield. Since the inception of the breakers chart in the early 1990’s, there are very few other hits whose top forty run has not immediately followed a period there!
So, how many other records have entered my top forty without being in the breakers in the previous month?

Only.......three! And the circumstances were similar for all of them - they became breakers when I first heard them in the charts of continental Europe, but only eventually reached my top 40 months/years later when, against all the odds, they made it big when finally released in the UK! And here they are:

01 COCO JAMBOO - Mr President

Breaker: September 1996 to February 1997

Top 40: May 1997 to October 1997

Complete run: 115 60 52 50 49 48 52 57 32 12 08 07 11 28 52 76 89

Current all-time ranking: 934

Also reaching my top ten in a German version by Wind, this was one of ten songs that reached my top forty for the Eurodance group from Bremen - but the only one that gave them major chart success in the UK and USA.

02 SEX ON THE BEACH - T-Spoon

Breaker: October 1997 to May 1998

Top 40: October 1998 to December 1998

Complete run: 84 81 56 56 56 56 56 56 59 60 62 66 40 36 38 42 43 43 45 48 57 64 73 92

Current all-time ranking: 2184

This entered the UK chart at number two - which seems to be its highest peak anywhere. It also reached the top five in Ireland, Belgium and Holland - but was only a very small hit on my chart.

03 WALK ON WATER - Milk Inc.

Breaker: November 2000 to February 2001 / December 2001 to July 2002

Top 40: October 2002 to March 2003

Complete run: 125 118 114 110 XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX 118 107 104
101 99 99 98 87
87 52 33 18 14 14 19 29 46 49 55 63 68 69 72 81 90 97 99

Current all-time ranking: 1233

Nearly ten years after this first breaker, this Belgian act have now reached my top forty with nine different releases - mostly rather more quickly than with this one, which took almost two years to get there. It had been excluded from the breakers after making the maximum twelve appearances, despite continuing to climb and eventually reaching the chart.

However.......there were two other hits that possibly should also have fallen into this category - as they both accidentally remained in the breakers for a thirteenth month, and only then climbed into the top forty:

01 MY FIRST LOVE - Lovestern Galaktika Project

Breaker: July 2003 to June 2004 and July 2004

Top 40: August 2004 to March 2005

Complete run: 119 108 108 108 106 64 64 64 52 52 52
52 40 32 27 21 21 21 25 37 42 45 49 57 67 68 78 87

Current all-time ranking: 1361
02 WHERE ARE YOU NOW - Ian Van Dahl

Breaker: August 2004 to July 2005 and August 2005

Top 40: September 2005 to February 2006

Complete run:
117 97 97 97 97 70 70 70 70 70 70 53 53 37 32 32 39 35 35 45 49 59 63 69 72 81 87 93

Current all-time ranking: 1805

But, looking back at the extended charts of the two months in which those tracks spent an extra month in the breakers, there were only 39 other tracks within the range 41-125 then eligible for inclusion. So I suppose that, in those rare circumstances, it (retrospectively!) made sense for me to allow these ones a thirteenth appearance in the breakers.

And the same is true for the three other breakers which also managed to "break the rules" with a thirteenth month.......but didn't then chart! So, to finish off this feature, here are the three breakers which took the longest NOT to reach my top forty:

01 IF I WERE YOU - Candee Jay

Breaker: June 2004 to May 2005 and June 2005

Complete run: 124 90 77 77 72 72 72 56 56 56 56 56 56 68 71 73 79 88

Current all-time ranking: 2424
02 ADAGIO - Tiesto

Breaker: March 2005 to February 2006 and ,March 2006

Complete run: 121 109 109 106 104 104 104 104 104 104 101 101 101

Current all-time ranking: 2917
02 LIVING ON VIDEO - Lazard

Breaker: March 2006 to February 2007 and March 2007

Complete run: 123 115 113 108 108 97 92 92 92 92 92 92 92 95

Current all-time ranking: 2765

CZB
Legend

Postby jszmiles » Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:14 pm

Wow, you are real analysis' freak :lol: 8-) (in good way).

How do you find time for all of this. (I wish I had some more for making such analysis for my chart as well)... :wink:
jszmiles
Legend

Postby Tiger » Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:33 pm

01 COCO JAMBOO - Mr President

02 ADAGIO - Tiesto

Best? Milk Inc.!!

My CHART
Tiger

Postby DC34ever » Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:46 pm

will Polarkreis 18 get arelease in the UK? totally surprised to se eit on some personal charts! :o

great chart!
It tastes better with music
www.2live4music.com
DC34ever
Legend

Postby Blondini » Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:13 pm

Looking through you charts gave me a headache! :lol: Information overload! I don't know how you can listen to ANYTHING for months on end! Your charts are so slow they make Billboard look fast!

GaGa, Torrini, Kerli, Duffy, Lasgo, La Roux, MGMT are great.
Blondini
Big Time Dreamer

Postby Blondini » Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:58 pm

on Monday June 12 2008
Tiger wrote:
Didn't know you were such a dance fan :o

Voulez Vouse is one of the only ABBA songs I really like surprisingly. DJ Sammy's is really uppity and nice and Sheryl Dean is gorgeous
on Thursday May 28th 2009
Tiger wrote:09 - EVERYTIME WE TOUCH Cascada

I actually didn't know you were such a Dance fan but still awesome
:lol:

CZB wrote:A further way in which I continue to regularly hear my hits and breakers long after radio stations have stopped playing them is that at least once a month, for nearly thirty years, I've set aside a few hours to play my own charts, in a similar format to the radio chart shows - although it has varied over the years. (I've wondered if other contributors to these forums do the same, on a weekly basis or whatever!) Originally, everything was played on vinyl. Later, after I first bought a CD player and started to buy in this format too, typically I played alternate tracks on vinyl and on CD. More recently, it has been CDs only. And, in only the last few months, I've switched almost entirely to Youtube, for a monthly five-hour countdown - starting with the previous month's Chartbuster and number one, then all the breakers, 40->1, then all the hits 40->1, with the new Chartbuster again just before the top 20 and at the end. 84 tracks, with an average length of around three and a half minutes, fit comfortably into five hours - although I'm currently finding that there are quite a few featured tracks that are closer to the three-minute mark (and those by Fixkes and Ishtar are much shorter even than this!) - so I'm also able to fit in a few number ones from years gone by, which I'm now including links for in these postings. This is partly why I changed the format of my postings here to include all the Youtube links - although it was partly inspired also by one or more of your threads elsewhere in this forum!

This was a very interesting post. I used to listen to UK charts every week from 86 onwards and wrote them down, around 92/93 i started my own charts and would run them down chart show style from tape (from radio) or on cassette or vinyl. I got so bored with the real charts around the turn of the millennium i stopeed writing them down. By that point my own charts had got much bigger and now included pre-releases with more reliance on TV channels like The Box than radio, i continued to do chart rundowns but this time with taped videos and then only CDs. As CD's became rarer and i got a laptop, YouTube virtually became my new playlist function for singles. Now that you have HD, and i don't yet have iTunes access, YouTube is perfect for my listening- which is also why i post YT links in my chart threads. This battle over copyrights lately has caused a few problems but videos are always online somewhere.

How old are you- early 40's? You must be our oldest member! I thought it was Dustin or Cidermaster! They're both 37 i think! Roger Manicfan is 35 (i think) as am i!
Blondini
Big Time Dreamer

Postby CZB » Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:07 pm

I never had so many replies in such a short space of time! Thanks, everyone.

DC34ever wrote:will Polarkreis 18 get arelease in the UK? totally surprised to se eit on some personal charts! :o
I don't think they will, to be honest - despite popularity in this forum, I very much doubt that there's any major demand for their work in the UK.

Tiger wrote:01 COCO JAMBOO - Mr President

02 ADAGIO - Tiesto

Best? Milk Inc.!!
Milk Inc are certainly my favourite act of those mentioned in this feature - currently number 20 in my top 100 artists!

Blondini wrote:I don't know how you can listen to ANYTHING for months on end! Your charts are so slow they make Billboard look fast!
Part of the reason for the slowness is that I've always just done one chart a month. When I began, I felt there were bound to be weeks in which I just wouldn't have time, although I would always be able to make time once a month. And while I was studying (for six years) and then working (for seven) I think that was true. But I typically only heard maybe three or four tracks a week anyway that I liked enough to buy (and nowadays it's often more like one or two!!). Which may not sound much - but over nearly thirty years, it's around 4,700 tracks in total (about evenly split between hits and breakers).

jszmiles wrote:Wow, you are real analysis' freak :lol: 8-) (in good way).

How do you find time for all of this. (I wish I had some more for making such analysis for my chart as well)... :wink:
One reason is that I effectively took "early retirement" at the age of 28 several years ago. In a previous recession in the early 1990's, the largest firms were disposing of many qualified accountants. I survived a few rounds of redundancies - but was eventually surplus to requirements. Since then, I have only worked on average for one or two days a week - so I have plenty of spare time for other things, such as postings and projects on this forum (like my main one at the moment in "Chart Analysis", the "Europarades" from 2004 onwards).

Blondini wrote: i started my own charts and would run them down chart show style from tape (from radio) or on cassette or vinyl....i continued to do chart rundowns but this time with taped videos and then only CDs. As CD's became rarer....YouTube virtually became my new playlist function for singles.
It's not just me, then!!!!! :D :D

I've not "embraced" downloads either - I still buy everything physically, on CD (and, if possible, on vinyl!!!) - and have no plans to change. It's unfortunate that availablilty looks as if it may become a problem.......

Blondini wrote:How old are you- early 40's?
Yes - although not for very much longer, as I will be 45 in a few weeks' time. I am (and have always been!) just a few days younger than.......Bonnie Langford.

Which, somehow, has always been a very sobering thought.......

CZB
Legend

Postby jszmiles » Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:32 pm

WOW! I admire you. After all these years you are still chart-freak :)
jszmiles
Legend

Postby CZB » Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:43 pm

CZB'S TOP FORTY -------------------- Month 359 ------------------- JULY 2009
01 01 04 SKY AND SAND Paul and Fritz Kalkbrenner ##
02 06 02 F*** YOU Lily Allen
03 09 02 I REMEMBER Deadmau5 featuring Kaskade
04 03 05 MAKE YOU FEEL MY LOVE Adele
05 05 04 JUNGLE DRUM Emiliana Torrini
06 02 04 MADE OF LOVE Ferry Corsten featuring Betsie Larkin
07 04 05 POKER FACE Lady GaGa
08 ---- 01 HEARTBREAK MAKE ME A DANCER Freemasons/SEB [Highest New Entry]
09 ---- 01 WHEN LOVE TAKES OVER David Guetta featuring Kelly Rowland
10 11 03 GONE Lasgo

11 12 03 IT'S AMAZING Jem ##
12 07 05 WALKING ON AIR Kerli ##
13 18 03 ALLEIN ALLEIN Polarkreis 18
14 08 07 STEPPING STONE Duffy
15 15 02 RELEASE ME Agnes ##
16 16 04 COMA AID Marco V
17 10 05 THE FEAR Lily Allen
18 24 03 MEMORY Fragma
19 ---- 01 LA VOIX Malena Ernman ##
20 14 06 AMELIE Butch

21 ---- 01 LET THE FEELINGS GO AnnaGrace
22 13 06 HUMAN Killers
23 38 02 IN FOR THE KILL La Roux [Rapid Riser]
24 23 08 ALL THIS TIME (THE PICK ME UP SONG) Maria Mena ##
25 36 02 BRUISED WATER Chicane Vs Natasha Bedingfield
26 ---- 01 PAPARAZZI Lady GaGa
27 32 02 GIB MIR SONNE Rosenstolz
28 20 09 MR ROCK AND ROLL Amy MacDonald
29 ---- 01 EH EH (NOTHING ELSE I CAN SAY) Lady GaGa
30 35 02 LOVE SYMPHONY Quartissimo featuring Martina

31 28 07 THE STORM Jerry Ropero featuring Cozi
32 17 13 CAN'T GET OVER September [Longest Laster / Fastest Faller] ##
33 19 08 IN AND OUT OF LOVE Armin van Buuren featuring Sharon Den Adel
34 ---- 01 FAR AWAY Ron Van Den Beuken featuring Nicole Tyler
35 21 05 PYRAMID John Dahlback
36 22 08 CHILDREN Dave Darell
37 ---- 01 LOST Peter Gelderblom
38 34 03 OUT OF MY MIND Lasgo
39 25 09 SEE YOU AGAIN Miley Cyrus ##
40 40 02 KIDS Mgmt
TOP 40 BREAKERS:
01 [ 00 ] BACK TO THE 80'S Aqua [Chartbuster] ##
02 [ 04 ] FREELOADER Dave Darell
03 [ 06 ] SO STRONG Meck featuring Dino
04 [ 20 ] U GOT 2 KNOW Dubguru
05 [ 08 ] WHEN YOU TOUCH ME Freemasons featuring Katherine Ellis
06 [ 35 ] BULLETPROOF La Roux
07 [ 09 ] LIVE YOUR LIFE T.I. featuring Rihanna
08 [ 11 ] LAAT ME ALLEEN Rita Hovink [and Gerard Joling]
09 [ 15 ] VANITY AND PRIDE Paola and Chiara
10 [ 13 ] SILENCE Delerium featuring Sarah McLachlan

11 [ 25 ] C'EST BEAU LA BOURGEOISIE Discobitch
12 [ 12 ] ANOTHER DIMENSION Timmy Vegas featuring Bad Lay-Dee
13 [ 14 ] BLUE MONDAY Kurd Maverick
14 [ 23 ] BLAME IT ON YOU Gathania
15 [ 19 ] NOT FAIR Lily Allen
16 [ 16 ] MY LIFE WOULD SUCK WITHOUT YOU Kelly Clarkson
17 [ 17 ] PLEASE DON'T LEAVE ME Pink
18 [ 18 ] FAIRYTALE Alexander Rybak
19 [ 31 ] LOVE ETC. Pet Shop Boys
20 [ 22 ] WALKING ON A DREAM Empire Of The Sun

21 [ 21 ] RIGHT ROUND Flo Rida featuring Kesha
22 [ 29 ] LA TEVA DECISIO (GET A LIFE) Susanne Georgi
23 [ 27 ] LISTEN TO THE VOICE INSIDE Yves Larock
24 [ 28 ] IF YOU KNEW Chris Lake featuring Nastala
25 [ 38 ] THE GIRL AND THE ROBOT Röyksopp featuring Robyn
26 [ 36 ] 1000 DREAMS Miss Kittin And The Hacker
27 [ 40 ] RUN Amy MacDonald
28 [ 00 ] WE BELONG Ferry Corsten featuring Maria Nayler
29 [ 00 ] LONGING FOR LULLABIES Kleerup with Titiyo
30 [ 00 ] DID YOU SEE ME COMING Pet Shop Boys

31 [ 00 ] THAT LOOK YOU GIVE THAT GUY Eels
32 [ 00 ] ALWAYS THE SUN Richard Durand
33 [ 00 ] HAUS AM SEE Peter Fox
34 [ 39 ] AND SO I PRAY Jem
35 [ 37 ] CARRY ME IN YOUR DREAMS Kejsi Tola
36 [ 00 ] CAN YOU FEEL IT The Jacksons
37 [ 00 ] HEAL THE WORLD Michael Jackson
38 [ 00 ] WILL YOU BE THERE Michael Jackson
39 [ 00 ] YOU ARE NOT ALONE Michael Jackson
40 [ 00 ] BEN Michael Jackson
Number one four years ago: FLY TO YOU Northern Heightz
Number one fourteen years ago: FRED, COME TO BED E-Rotic

“Sky and Sand” spends a second month at the top for brothers Paul and Fritz Kalkbrenner, one of five non-movers in the top forty. Surprisingly, those also include two of June’s newcomers, as neither Agnes nor Mgmt are able to improve upon their entry positions of 15 and 40. But all the other new entries from last time are among ten climbers. Both Lily Allen and Deadmau5 featuring Kaskade are now in the top three; La Roux’s “In For The Kill” is the Rapid Riser, up fifteen places to number 23; and it’s an impressive eleven-place climb to 25 for the mash-up “Bruised Water” following its very belated arrival for Chicane vs Natasha Bedingfield. For the second month in a row, there are eight new entries - and they include another take on “Saltwater” - Ron van Den Beuken’s “Far Away”, with vocals by Nicole Tyler, in at 34. June‘s Chartbuster, the operatic Swedish Eurovision Song Contest entry by Malena Ernman, makes its debut fifteen places higher - and the other six were all new breakers for the first time last month, racing up seventy-eight, ninety, ninety-two, ninety, a hundred, and a hundred and nine places respectively. Dutch DJ and club manager Peter Gelderblom is in for the first time at number 37 with “Lost“, while New York-born Lady GaGa places two more tracks from her current album “The Fame” inside the top thirty - “Eh Eh (Nothing More I Can Say)” at 29 and “Paparazzi” at 26. She has already reached number one on my chart, with “Poker Face” - and so has Belgian singer/producer/composer AnnaGrace, as part of Ian Van Dahl. Her first solo single didn’t make it through the breakers into the top forty - but the second, “Let The Feelings Go”, now crashes in at 21.

The two highest new entries, and possibly the strongest contenders for next month’s number one, are both straight into my top ten - and are for acts that have charted before, but with different guest vocalists. French DJ David Guetta previously spent four months at number four with “Baby When The Light”, with vocals by Cozi Costi (who is still holding on for a seventh month in my top forty with a more minor hit, “The Storm”), while the Brighton-based Freemasons spent two months at number three with “Uninvited”, sung by Bailey Tzuke. Atlanta-born Kelly Rowland and “Blue Peter” presenter’s daughter Sophie Ellis-Bextor now both appear in my chart for the first time, performing “When Love Takes Over” and “Heartbreak (Make Me A Dancer)" at number 9 and number 8 respectively. All of this leaves seventeen singles moving down - and the fastest faller is also the longest laster. Former Chartbuster “Can’t Get Over” by September now dives fifteen places to number 32, in its thirteenth month. Meanwhile, recent news programmes have been dominated by the death at the age of fifty of Michael Jackson, many of whose former hits have returned to charts around the world as a result. The most popular one in the UK is - somewhat bafflingly - “Man In The Mirror”, but neither this nor any of his other solo releases have ever made it into my top forty. His only appearance there was as one of the Jacksons with “Can You Feel It”, which reached number 38 in September 1998 - but, prior to this, he had breakers with “Heal The World” and “Will You Be There”, peaking at 92 and 105 respectively. All of these are now back in the breakers, along with two other previously unlisted tracks that may yet be future hits. Evidently his other recordings brought joy to millions - but none of them were to my taste at all.

Seven other possible future top forty entries arrive in the breakers this month. Peter Fox, Richard Durand and Eels are all looking for a first hit, while Kleerup, whose “With Every Heartbeat” previously reached number 21, have now teamed up with Titiyo instead of Robyn for “Longing For Lullabies”. Ferry Corsten, still in my top ten with “Made of Love”, has followed this up with “We Belong” - based on “Happy Station” by Fun Fun, which got to number 11 in my chart back in 1984, and on which he is joined by Maria Nayler. She has had three previous hits - “Naked and Sacred“ (number 3, 1998), “Angry Skies“ (number 13, 2000), and the song for which she is probably best known - “One And One”, with Robert Miles (number 6, 1997). And the Pet Shop Boys may increase their long tally of hits yet again with “Did You See Me Coming”. However, none of these ever really had the remotest possibility of becoming July’s Chartbuster over a single that I heard for the first time on the afternoon of Friday 5th June, when it entered Denmark’s weekly top forty at number one. It has remained there ever since, and is also now beginning to show signs of spreading elsewhere. Between 1997 and 2001, they had thirteen breakers from their first two albums (including a megamix medley) and only “Heat Of The Night” failed to chart. Eight of the others reached my top ten, including former Chartbusters “My Oh My”, “Doctor Jones” and “Barbie Girl”. Now a fourth Chartbuster gives them a guaranteed thirteenth hit. My Record Of The Month for July 2009 is Aqua, with “Back To The 80’s”.

CZB
Legend

Postby Tiger » Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:22 am

CZB wrote:04 03 05 MAKE YOU FEEL MY LOVE Adele
05 05 04 JUNGLE DRUM Emiliana Torrini
07 04 05 POKER FACE Lady GaGa
09 ---- 01 WHEN LOVE TAKES OVER David Guetta featuring Kelly Rowland
10 11 03 GONE Lasgo

11 12 03 IT'S AMAZING Jem ##
13 18 03 ALLEIN ALLEIN Polarkreis 18
15 15 02 RELEASE ME Agnes ##
17 10 05 THE FEAR Lily Allen
18 24 03 MEMORY Fragma
19 ---- 01 LA VOIX Malena Ernman ##

22 13 06 HUMAN Killers
23 38 02 IN FOR THE KILL La Roux [Rapid Riser]
25 36 02 BRUISED WATER Chicane Vs Natasha Bedingfield
26 ---- 01 PAPARAZZI Lady GaGa
29 ---- 01 EH EH (NOTHING ELSE I CAN SAY) Lady GaGa

32 17 13 CAN'T GET OVER September [Longest Laster / Fastest Faller] ##
33 19 08 IN AND OUT OF LOVE Armin van Buuren featuring Sharon Den Adel
39 25 09 SEE YOU AGAIN Miley Cyrus ##
40 40 02 KIDS Mgmt

TOP 40 BREAKERS:
01 [ 00 ] BACK TO THE 80'S Aqua [Chartbuster] ##
06 [ 35 ] BULLETPROOF La Roux
07 [ 09 ] LIVE YOUR LIFE T.I. featuring Rihanna
10 [ 13 ] SILENCE Delerium featuring Sarah McLachlan

15 [ 19 ] NOT FAIR Lily Allen
16 [ 16 ] MY LIFE WOULD SUCK WITHOUT YOU Kelly Clarkson
17 [ 17 ] PLEASE DON'T LEAVE ME Pink
19 [ 31 ] LOVE ETC. Pet Shop Boys
20 [ 22 ] WALKING ON A DREAM Empire Of The Sun

22 [ 29 ] LA TEVA DECISIO (GET A LIFE) Susanne Georgi
27 [ 40 ] RUN Amy MacDonald
30 [ 00 ] DID YOU SEE ME COMING Pet Shop Boys

34 [ 39 ] AND SO I PRAY Jem
35 [ 37 ] CARRY ME IN YOUR DREAMS Kejsi Tola
36 [ 00 ] CAN YOU FEEL IT The Jacksons
37 [ 00 ] HEAL THE WORLD Michael Jackson
39 [ 00 ] YOU ARE NOT ALONE Michael Jackson
It's great to see Aqua back after all these years and what's best is all the success they're getting, including here :P

My CHART
Tiger

Postby Blondini » Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:34 pm

Freemasons/ Sophie and Aqua great!
Blondini
Big Time Dreamer

Postby CZB » Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:13 pm

Tiger wrote: It's great to see Aqua back after all these years and what's best is all the success they're getting, including here :P
Blondini wrote:Freemasons/ Sophie and Aqua great!
In only a short mid-month extra feature this time, here is my complete chart history for the act who have this month's Chartbuster.......

AQUA

Code: Select all

Rank Entry Month HP MC   Annually  All-time      Title   
---- ----- ----- -- --   --------  --------      -----
01 Jun-1998 226   7 14 #09 of 1997   0461   MY OH MY
02 Feb-1998 222   7 13 #14 of 1997   0578   DOCTOR JONES
03 Nov-1997 219   7 11 #16 of 1997   0595   BARBIE GIRL
04 Mar-2000 247   7  7 #15 of 1999   0766   CARTOON HEROES
05 Jun-2000 250   7  7 #34 of 2000   1025   AROUND THE WORLD
06 Aug-1999 240   7  5 #30 of 1997   1072   LOLLIPOP (CANDYMAN)
07 Aug-1999 240   7  5 #28 of 1996   1106   ROSES ARE RED
08 Jun-2000 250   7  6 #33 of 1997   1153   HAPPY BOYS AND GIRLS
09 Jul-2001 263  15  6 #49 of 2000   1416   BUMBLEBEES
10 Jul-1998 227  24  3 #58 of 1997   1822   TURN BACK TIME
11 Mar-1999 235  27  4 #64 of 1997   1980   GOOD MORNING SUNSHINE
12 Apr-1999 236  36  4 #47 of 1998   2162   THE OFFICIAL MEGAMIX
13 Jul-2009 359  64 -- #16 of 2009   2581   BACK TO THE 80'S
14 Sep-2000 253  94 -- #94 of 1997   2827   HEAT OF THE NIGHT

- Fourteen breakers - only sixteen acts have had more

- Twelve hits - only twelve acts have had more

- Eight hits peaked at number seven - extremely consistent!

- Two new entries in the same month twice

- Several instances of more hits in the same chart

- All-time ranking - currently #23

.......But with a good run for the current Chartbuster "Back To The 80's" in the months
ahead, they could easily overtake Fun Fun, Wind, Milk Inc., Gigi D'Agostino......?

CZB
Legend

Postby CZB » Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:31 am

Doesn't time fly when you're having fun?! I have been producing a monthly chart for thirty years now - so here comes the one that marks that anniversary!!

Last edited by CZB on Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
CZB
Legend

Return to Personal Charts