UKMusicLova's 2007 Hottest!!! (UPDATE!!!)

Moderators: tdc2000, JSparksFan, FreakyFlyBry

Who do you think my highest newcomer will be?

Leona Lewis - Bleeding love
35%
Natasha - Hey Hey Hey
No votes
Nicole Scherzinger - Whatever U Like
10%
Sadie Ama - Falling
5%
Tiffany Evans - Promise Ring
5%
KeKe Palmer - Keep it Movin
5%
Kat DeLuna - Whine Up
20%
Lil Mama - Lip Gloss
20%

Total votes : 20

Postby UKMusicLova » Fri Nov 23, 2007 4:54 pm

Yeah i know your all thinking eeeeek...another 2007 chart. :lol:

Anyway this chart will start with my 20 HOTTEST albums of 2007. This doesnt include soundtracks and Greatest Hits. I used UK dates for the albums for example some of them were released in the US 2006 but 2007 in the UK. But some aren't released in the UK yet. I will put my favourite song of each album down as well!!!

Then i will bring my 60 HOTTEST singles of 2007 and trust me it's gonna bring the heat!!! Be Warned!! :lol:
Last edited by UKMusicLova on Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:52 pm, edited 22 times in total.
UKMusicLova
Legend

Postby FreakyFlyBry » Fri Nov 23, 2007 5:18 pm

I am really not sure, but I went with Kat DeLuna here.
FreakyFlyBry
No Title, No Topic

Postby Tiger » Sat Nov 24, 2007 6:33 am

Tiffany Evans - Promise Ring :lol:
These foolish games are tearing me apart

My CHART
Tiger
Lover Of (Mostly) Everything Pop

Postby Fan » Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:29 am

Leona Lewis - Bleeding love
i wanna see you on your knees, wanna see you begging
Fan
Legend

Postby UKMusicLova » Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:13 am

Well i'm gonna start with the album countdown whilst you are voting for the highest newcomer's single in the singles countdown!!!

2007's HOTTEST ALBUMS

No. 20 Kanye West - Graduation

Well lets kick the countdown off with Kanye West's latest effort. I do really like this album, it has a lot of interesting beats, and it shows that Kanye is the best at what he does. The only disadvantage of this album is the lack of female collabarations!!!

Fave Tracks: Stronger, Good Life, Champion, Homecoming

No. 19 Britney Spears - Blackout

Well Britney hasn't had a good year this year but she still created one of this year's hottest albums filled with hot dancey tracks. Some of you may know that when this album first came out i wasn't too sure about it, but i grew on me with great beats.

Fave Tracks: Gimme More, Piece of Me, Radar, Break the Ice, Toy Soldier

No. 18 M.I.A. - Kala

Again this was another grower and i am so glad that she didn't work with Timbaland because it would have ruined the ethnicity of this album. The album's full of great lyrics and great beats. M.I.A. is so talented. She really deserves more chart success.

Fave Tracks: Bamboo Banga, Boyz, Jimmy, Paper Planes, World Town, Come Around

No. 17 Hilary Duff - Dignity

Well this album was different from what was around at the time of release. It was opened with a very weak track, Play With Fire, but they didn't make the mistake in the UK by releasing With Love. The album is really hot, and it's mainly down to the beats. Soon i think Hilary will be known more for her singing career rather than her acting!!!

Fave Tracks: Stranger, Dignity, With Love, Gypsy Woman, Outside of You

No. 16 Jordin Sparks - Jordin Sparks

Well i personally think this is the best debut album from an American Idol contestant. It is filled with a mixture of ballads and up tempo music and overall is a descent pop album. Personally i would have liked her to add more of her powerful vocals onto the songs but that's only a minor problem and doesn't affect the album's brilliance.

Fave Tracks: One Step at a Time, No Air (with Chris Brown), Shy Boy, Next To You, Tattoo, Young and In Love

More albums later, maybe tomorrow!
Please comment and vote :D
UKMusicLova
Legend

Postby king_oxymoron » Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:15 pm

I really like Jordin and look forward to the album!

As for the winner, I voted Kat Deluna
king_oxymoron
Lickin' On Both Sides

Postby Fan » Sun Nov 25, 2007 8:03 am

:D for 'Blackout' and 'Dignity'. Both are fantastic albums.
Fan
Legend

Postby UKMusicLova » Sun Nov 25, 2007 8:44 am

Thanks for the comments!
UKMusicLova
Legend

Postby UKMusicLova » Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:28 am

Here's some more!!!

No. 15 Ciara - The Evolution

This album was so long, but it was still fantastic. And the thing that shocked me was that even though it was long it was still a solid album with hardly any fillers!!! It really was Ciara's evolution and shows that she's here to stay!!!

Fave Tracks: Can't Leave Em Alone, That's Right, My Love, Bang It Up, I found Myself, Promise, Promise (remix), Like A Boy, Get Up

No. 14 Timbaland - Shock Value

Another hot album with loads of hot beats. 2007 was really a Timbaland year with anything he produced becoming a hit. I mean Nelly Furtado is the hottest thing!!! :lol: Anyway the album is filled with some real hotness!!!

Fave Tracks: Give It To me, Release, The Way i Are, Fantasy, Scream, Miscommunication, Bombay, Apologize

No. 13 Jessica Simpson - A Public Affair

Jessica Simpson is one of my favourite pop singers and this album was released in the UK in 2007. I love the album as it has a mix of genres in it. Definately one of Jessica's best albums.

Fave Tracks: A Public Affair, You Spin Me Round, B.O.Y, The Lover In Me, Fired Up, I Belong To Me

No. 12 Jennifer Lopez - Brave

Well this album was another grower, but it undeservedly flopped. People always put down Jennifer, just because she isn't the best singer...but anyway she feautures in my top 20 albums!!!

Fave Tracks: Stay Together, Forever, Hold It Don't Drop it, Do It Well, Gotta Be There, Mile In These Shoes, Wrong When You're Gone, Brave

No. 11 Keyshia Cole - Just Like You

I absolutely love this album!!! Keyshia's voice really shines through on this album and it is a really solid effort. It's a mainly ballad album, but it's not boring which makes it all the better. There are lots of piano ballads as well as some real good urban beats.

Fave Tracks: Let It Go, Didn't I Tell You, Fallin' Out, I Should've Cheated, Shoulda Let You Go, Heaven Sent, Was It Worth it, Last Night, I Remember

Keep writing you comments please and remember to vote for my highest newcomer's single!!!
UKMusicLova
Legend

Postby UKMusicLova » Sun Nov 25, 2007 4:34 pm

Please give comments!!! :)
UKMusicLova
Legend

Postby innocenteyes » Sun Nov 25, 2007 4:38 pm

I only own Timbaland's album and there's very good stuff on it. The only songs I dislike are Oh Timbaland, One and Only and the one with Elton John. And Scream MUST be the next single IMO.
innocenteyes
Legend

Postby Ahahuha » Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:35 pm

Well I love the most of these albums :D
Kanye's Graduation is amazing
Blackout is fresh
Hilary's Dignity is a great pop album
Ciara, Lopez and Timbaland very good r'n'b albums
Ahahuha
Cult King

Postby Fan » Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:41 pm

'A Public Affair' and 'Brave' are undeserved flops. They are both fantastic and I'm happy to see them in your chart :D
Fan
Legend

Postby FreakyFlyBry » Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:18 pm

So far, good to see "Blackout" in here.

I didn't buy many albums this year, so I can't really comment besides the singles :P
FreakyFlyBry
No Title, No Topic

Postby UKMusicLova » Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:29 pm

Thanks for all the comments...and please keep voting!!

No. 10 Kelly Rowland - Ms Kelly

Well, another slow jam album. This album was full of lovely slow jams but the reason it's charted higher than Keyshia is that Kelly has some hot up-tempos on it as well. Kelly's voice has really matured on the album as well and it also starts off my top 10 albums!!! Another Destiny's Child member will feature in the chart later!!!

Fave Tracks: Like This, Comeback, Work, Flashback, Still In Love With My Ex, Love

No. 9 Brick & Lace - Love is Wicked

Well i don't think many of you have heard this album...or of Brick & Lace but i really love this album because it is a mix of Urban, Soca and Reggae. I probably love it more as Reggae and soca is the music i grew up on because of my carribean backgrounds. Anyway this album is really hot and the girls have got a really good voice!!!

Fave Tracks: Get That Clear, Never Never, Take Me back, Why'd You Lie, Love is Wicked, Buss a shot

No. 8 Leona Lewis - Spirit

X Factor 2006's winner came with a fantastic album. The only problem i have with this album is that it is full of ballads which are all samey as well. The vocals are stunning though and she really is the UK's Mariah Carey.

Fave Tracks: Bleeding Love, Whatever It Takes, Homeless, Yesterday, Take A Bow, I Will Be, Angel, Footprints in the Sand

No. 7 Chris Brown - Exclusive

Well Chris Brown's sophomore album is definately better then his debut. Full of hot R&B up beat tracks as well as the occasional well sung ballad, Chris Brown looks like he is one to stay!!!

Fave Tracks: Throwed, Kiss Kiss, With You, Picture Perfect, Damage, Wall to Wall, Down

No. 6 Beyonce - B'Day Deluxe Edition

Well Beyonce's re release was such a good idea, and the inclusion of the extra videos was also a really good idea. Many hot tracks were on the album, both new and from the original. The only problem is that I think that it started a trend of re-releases, with Justin Timberlake, Rihanna, Kelly Rowland and Hilary Duff set to re release in the near future.

Fave Tracks: Irreplaceable, Green Light, Flaws and All, If, Get Me Bodied, Freakum Dress, Ring the Alarm, Resentment, Listen, Beautiful Liar, Upgrade U, Deja Vu, Check on It

Please keep giving comments and vote for the highest newcomer's single. The single chart will start later this week after I reveal the hottest album of 2007!!!
UKMusicLova
Legend

Postby UKMusicLova » Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:05 pm

Well not many comments...but i'm gonna carry on and bring the heat!!! :lol:

No. 5 Booty Luv - Boogie 2Nite

Well...this is my favourite dance record of this year. It is filled with some brilliant covers as well as some fantastic original songs!!! The girl's vocals are very good and the dance sound really suits their voice. A good step from Big Brovaz for Cherise and Nadia!!!

Fave Tracks: Boogie 2Nite, Shine, Don't Mess With my Man, Some Kinda Rush, Dance Dance, Good Girls Gone Bad

No. 4 Sugababes - Change

Sugababes never fail to make a fantastic album and even with Amelle, this album is one of their best. There are some fantastic electronic beats on the album, some fantastic ballads, and even some reggae influence :o . But the album is totally fantastic and a well deserved entry in the 5 Hottest album!!!

Fave Tracks: About You Now, Never Gonna Dance Again, Denial, My Love Is Pink, Change, Back Down, Mended By You, 3 Spoons of Suga

No. 3 Beverley Knight - Music City Soul

Another album I really love. This is the start of the albums i can listen all the way through without pressing the skip button. I love how raw Bev's voice is and she shows she is vocally one of the best in the UK. Recorded in the capital of Soul, Nashville, this is Beverley's best album yet.

Fave Tracks: Everytime You See Me Smile, Ain't That A Lot Of Love, After You, Queen of Starting Over, Black Butta, No Man's Land, Saviour, Why Me, Why You, Why Now

No. 2 KeKe Palmer - So Uncool

Probably another album not a lot of you have heard, but this is such a brilliant album hence its position at 2 in my album chart. The girl is 13 and her vocals are as mature as some of the good vocalists who are 25/26. The ad libbing on Hood Anthem is fantastic. Also a lot of songs deal with real life problems and being proud of your culture and where you came from.

Fave Tracks: Keep it Movin, Game Song, Music Box, Friend Me Up, Footworkin, Bottoms Up, Skin Deep, Hood Anthem, First Crush

Now only number 1 of the hottest album of the year left. Can anyone guess what my number 1 album will be. Please leave comments...i like reading what you think about my choices. Singles chart will start after i reveal the number 1!!!
UKMusicLova
Legend

Postby Fan » Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:09 pm

A really big whoo for Sugababes :D A fantastic album! Beyonce's B'day is great, too.

I haven't heard the albums of Leona, Beverley and Booty Luv, but I love all their singles. And Keke's debut single is good too.
Last edited by Fan on Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fan
Legend

Postby Star » Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:01 pm

Your chart is so hot I'm sweating :P
#20 Kanye West - I don't have it. "Stronger" was okay.. but I don't really like him.
#19 Britney Spears - 12 Hot songs. Nothing more to say! :P :P
#18 - M.I.A. - Hot album. Some excellent tracks, and a few passable ones. Overall solid. This would be in my Top 10!
#17 Hilary Duff - I love around 5/6 tracks. The rest were forgettable for me. It would be in my Top 40 though I think :P
#16 Jordin Sparks - I like "Tattoo"... not heard anything else. :)
#15 Ciara - For me it was in my 2006 chart. I agree with you, it is long, but it's all the same steller! I love her uptempo's. No one does it quite like her. And the slower ones took a while to grow on me, and they're very good. Especially "My Love" + "So Hard". Too many good songs to mention but I lurve "C.R.U.S.H." + "That's Right" + "Do It" Plus all the singles :oops:
#14 Timba- I only listened to the whole thing once. The singles got better and better. "Miscommunication" is my fave album track :)
#13 Jessica Simpson - :o Feels like so long ago. It was also in my '06 chart. Decent album. Stand outs: "A Public Affair" + "I Don't Wanna Care" <333
#12 J.Lo - Mostly great stuff. The opening 5 songs are all tops! :P + I like "Gotta Be There" :D This would be Top 30 for me.
#11 Keyshia - I was disappointed by this :( Singles are great + a couple of other tracks..
#10 Ms. Kelly - A lot better than her debut! I didn't really like the lead single.. but the rest of it is super super good! Love "Love" + "Work" + "Every Thought Is You" + "Ghetto" is cute. :D :D :D
#9 Don't know them :(
#8 Leona - I had no idea it would be this good :P Stunning songs. I am in love with it right now. My most favourite song would have to be "Homeless" :)
#7 Chris Brown - Now I hardly listen to male R&B that's probably why I haven't paid him much attention (apart from the fact that his debut single annoyed the hell outta me). So I heard "Kiss Kiss" on the radio or somewhere and I liked it.. but not enough to look into the album :P
#6 Beyoncé - Again I included her in 2006 alone. I would've preferred the tracklist to remain the same with the new tracks added on the end.. But still it's a class album. Can't wait for the next one! Best songs are "Deja Vu" + "Suga Mama" + "Flaws + All" :D
#5 Booty Luv - The most pleasant surprise of the year was this album. Love "Some Kinda Rush" + Most of the other songs too :P :P
#4 Sugababes - Definitely Top 3 for me :D Solid stuff. I think it's my fave album by them :o Even though I always skip "Back When" and hardly listen to "Back Down" + "Change" (though it has grown heaps since the video!) - All the rest of the songs I'd rate as 10/10!!!! :P :P :P :P It's like they were written for me :oops: especially: "Never Gonna Dance Again" + "Undignified" + "Open The Door" + "My Love Is Pink" ....And of course the marvellous "About You Now"! :D :D
#3 Beverley Knight - A motown-esque set of songs. It worked exceedingly well. Love "The Queen Of Starting Over" right now :D ..actually all the singles are magnificent! Top album!
#2 Keke - I don't know her :P
Rihanna for #1 of course :wink:

HOT Chart :P :P :P
Star
Sensational

Postby UKMusicLova » Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:14 am

Thanks Fan and Star for your comments, and Star you know me well my number 1 album is....

No. 1 Rihanna - Good Girl Gone Bad

This was the biggest suprise of the year for me, usually i get bored of Rihanna albums very quickly and then listen only to the singles. But this album has had constant plays from me this year. All the tracks from the album are in my iTunes top 100!!!(Except Say It :( which i think should have been switched with Cry.) It is filled with fantastic up tempo tracks like Umbrella, Breaking Dishes and Shut Up and Drive...then we get to the fantastic mid tempo's like Hate That I Love You and Good Girl Gone Bad. And i love a song that not many other people do...Question Existing, this is so fantastic and i love the "dear diary bit" This was Rihanna's year and she will have a few singles in my singles chart.

Fave Tracks: Umbrella, Push Up on Me, Don't Stop The Music, Breaking Dishes, Shut Up and Drive...oh what the hell all the songs except Say It(even though it is growing on me!!!)

Well that was the start of the heat. It's gonna be a hot winter. I am gonna get the singles chart going later today and i'm gonna aim to finish it around mid-december!!!

Please keep commenting and voting!!!
UKMusicLova
Legend

Postby Star » Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:19 am

:P
Do I win a prize? :P
"Good Girl Gone Bad" was my #1 album all year.. but I think it's slipped to 3/4/5 now :wink:
Love most of the songs. Especially "Umbrella" + "Don't Stop The Music" + "Rehab" + "Good Girl Gone Bad" :D:D:D

I voted for Leona Lewis! She's my personal fave newcomer too, along with Mutya! :P
Star
Sensational

Postby king_oxymoron » Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:33 am

Not so keen on the Rihanna album BUT you have some amazing choices, namely the amazing Beverley Knight album, Booty Luv, Beyonce's special edition, Leona Lewis and I heard a bit of J.Lo the other day, not amazing but SOME really good tracks!
king_oxymoron
Lickin' On Both Sides

Postby Fan » Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:25 pm

Rihanna's album is fantastic :D
My favourite songs are : Umbrella, Breaking Dishes, Rehab and Don't Stop The Music.
Fan
Legend

Postby UKMusicLova » Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:35 pm

Thanks for all the comments...much appreciated but now it is time for my top 60 hot singles!!!
UKMusicLova
Legend

Postby UKMusicLova » Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:04 pm

Here are my hottest singles of 2007.

No. 60 Kanye West - Good Life ft T Pain

Well this is the start of my top 60. I really like this song and is also my second fave track of his album after Stronger. The beat is very hot and this is one of the few tracks that T Pain features in i like!!! I also liked the video.

Video

No. 59 Celine Dion - Taking Chances

Well Celine's latest album, "Taking Chances" only just missed my top 20 albums coming in at 22...but this song scraped itself into my top 60. The vocals are very good...but that's to be expected from her.

Video

No. 58 Fergie - Clumsy

Well, this was always one of the highlights of Fergie's album when i heard it, and it features in my chart because of it's fun lyrics and extremely catchy hook. The video is awesome!!!

Video

No. 57 Booty Luv - Don't Mess With My Man

Another really hot track, many people say that Booty Luv ruined the Lucy Pearl original...well i know it's not as good but it is still very good!!!

Video

No. 56 Christina Aguilera - Candyman

Well this was such a great song, it was so fun and i loved the lyrics. Candyman was my word for a while back then!!! Great vocals from Mrs Aguilera as well!!!

Video
UKMusicLova
Legend

Postby Plym » Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:16 pm

Excellent!
I know you have excellent taste so this is gonna be great.

I really thought Beverley Knight would be your #1 album!
Rihanna's is great though! Will definitely be appearing in my Top 10!

Love Clumsy & Candyman.
HATE Good Life now! Overplayed and very annoying! Loved it at first too...
Plym
Take Care

Return to Year End Personal Charts