IFAA's top 50 of 2002

Moderators: tdc2000, JSparksFan, FreakyFlyBry

Postby ifaa_lei » Tue Dec 31, 2002 4:20 pm

It seems that everyone was doing it, so I wanted to have a go as well. I don’t have any statistics, just do it by my feeling. I didn’t have any chart before and this is my first one. Free feel to boo if you don’t like them.
A broken neck didn’t stop them, nor attacks on their anti-war album.
ifaa_lei
Manager

Postby ifaa_lei » Tue Dec 31, 2002 4:21 pm

Here we go, the 50-41

50.Danni Minogue - Put The Needle On It
I like this song. It’s also the only song I like from her.

49.Justin Timberlake - Like I Love You
I don’t like him, but this song is really good IMO. But the video is really boring and stupid.

48.X-press 2 - Lazy
This is one of the few songs I don’t get bored when they are overplayed. Perhaps it’s because it’s talking about me.

47.Oasis - Little By Little
This is the first entry of Oasis. There will be one more. It’s not bad but just worse than their other brilliant songs.

46.Suede – Positivity
A great comeback actually. But what are they up to now? I think there are loads of good songs could be singles from their album.

45.Sarah Whatmore - When I Lost You
This is the only entry from popidol. She really can sing. I like her and her song. Look forward to her followup.

44.Aqualung - Strange And Beautiful
When I first heard of the song, I was really amused. But what a strange(not beautiful) name!

43.Jennifer Lopez - Jenny From The Block
The only entry from J.Lo. It’s good, but I mean ‘if you had my love’ is still the best IMO.

42.Moby - We Are All Made Of Stars
Never like him, but for this song, I should admit, it is good.

41.Nelly - Hot In Here
It’s really a good song for summer. Again, I don’t like the artist, but I like the song.
ifaa_lei
Manager

Postby ifaa_lei » Tue Dec 31, 2002 4:25 pm

The next 10.

40.Tim Deluxe - It Just Won't Do
Is it a silly song? I don’t know. When I first heard it, I was scared by the voice. But when I listened to it some more times, it grew on me. Another good song for summer IMO.

39.DB Boulevard - Points Of View
Felt really fresh about this song. But the lead singer is really fat. Wise to have an animated video.

38.Monny – Dove(I’ll Be Loving You)
Yeah, basically the same thing. Again, I like it.

37.Beverley Knight - Shouda Woulda Coulda
Because of this song, I bought the album. Plus, my boarding house is on Beverley Road, ha.

36.Ms Dynamite - It Takes More
What can I say? Everyone says she’s brilliant. But this is the only entry here, sorry.

35.Sugababes - Freak Like Me
Didn’t know them before, but I was touched by their story. How can the ex-member walked away like that? This is the first entry of Sugababes, one more to come.

34.Kylie Minogue - Love At First Sight
Whoa, who doesn’t like her? I didn’t but I do now. One more to come from the aussie princess.

33.Liberty X - Holding On For You
A great song from them. This is the only entry from them because just a little was overplayed and I was bored with it. Plus, my friends always sing it with some Chinese lyrics, like ‘eat sh*t’ which turns me down.

32.Foo Fighters - All My Life
The only entry from them. ‘The one’ could have been here if they didn’t have that stupid video.

31.Ja Rule feat. Ashanti - Always On Time
I was quite impressed with this one. Although a bit overplayed, I still like it.
ifaa_lei
Manager

Postby ifaa_lei » Tue Dec 31, 2002 4:27 pm

another 10

30.Sum41 - still waiting
A very good song IMO and a great choice for comeback. Could have done better in the chart.

29.P!nk - Get The Party Started
Everyone likes it, yeah? I do, but not the best song IMO from P!nk. Two more to come.

28.The Streets - Let's Push Things Forward
I didn’t know that guy before. The song really impressed me. No wonder why people say he is the British Eminem.

27.Ashanti – Foolish
I think she deserves it. I like the song, I like the music, I like the lyrics. What else can I say?

26.P!nk - Don't Let Me Get Me
Really impressed by this one. I bought the album because of this song.

25.Oasis - The Hindu Times
The second and the last entry from Oasis. Again, they could have done better IMO.

24.Vanessa Carlton - A Thousand Miles
Well, everyone seems to like this one, and I am no exception.

23.Holly Valance - Kiss Kiss
The first of two entries from Holly. Well, what a video! What a song!

22.Brandy - Full Moon
Well, like this one much more than ‘What About Us?’ which is the opposite to most of you. I don’t know why.

21.Sugababes - Round Round
Another great song from Sugababes. Don’t think there is anyone doesn’t like it.
ifaa_lei
Manager

Postby ifaa_lei » Tue Dec 31, 2002 4:29 pm

going to the top 20...

20.Amy Studt - Just A Little Girl
As said by most of you, it’s really great. Everyone is looking forward to her followup.

19.Grils Aloud - Sound Of The Underground
I was quite happy with that they beat OTV. Well, yeah, no competition, just like Liberty X and hear’say(sorry, deant!).

18.Holly Valance - Naughty Girl
The highest entry from Holly. It’s the best from her so far IMO.

17.Jimmy Eat World - The Middle
The first one and the only one entry from them. I bought the single, and was amused by the video. The greatest from them so far IMO.

16.Kylie Minogue - In Your Eyes
The highest entry from Kylie. Before that, I really didn’t like her because I was bored with ‘Can’t Get You Out Of My Head’. This song really changed me. I like her now.

15.Badly Drawn Boy - Something To Talk About
Like this song partly because of the movie. It’s funny tough. The song is funny as well.

14.Kelly Osbourne - Papa Don't Preach
Don’t know why I like it. I just play it over and over again. Better than Madonna’s version IMO, sorry!

13.Red Hot Chili Peppers - By The Way
This is great apparently. But not that great as their previous products. Anyway, one more from them to come.

12.Alien Ant Farm – Movies
Found the video funny, found the song great. That’s it.

11.Feeder - Come Back Around
Still don’t understand why the single was cancelled. It’s really a great song. Why?????
ifaa_lei
Manager

Postby ifaa_lei » Tue Dec 31, 2002 4:30 pm

And finally, the top 10:

10.Travis - Love Will Come Through
Have many of you actually heard that song? Have a try! They should have done more promotion on this one. This is a theme song of ‘Moonlight Mile’ which will be shown soon. Check it out! Well, maybe I am biased, but I just like it. As you would have expected, one more from Travis, my favourite band, to come, ha!

9.Red Hot Chili Peppers - The Zephyr Song
Oh, man! I like it! But why didn’t they spend more money to make a better video?

8.Coldplay - The Scientist
Without a doubt, they are the band of the year. This song is cool. The video is cool. The album is cool.

7.Mary J. Blidge - No More Drama
Well, really amused by this one. The song is meaningful to her. It’s also meaningful to me. It really comforts me when I am upset. I especially like the video. This tells me I am always the lucky one.

6.Eminem - Lose Yourself
Still haven’t got a chance to watch the movie. Really look forward to it. This is my second favourite track from Eminem so far. The first one is ‘Stan’.

5.P!nk - Just Like A Pill
This is the highest entry from her. I like that song since I bought the album. The one I bought is from France, the tracklisting is different from the one in the UK. Mine is enchanced as well, is it in the UK? From the enchanced section, I know that it would be a single and I looked forward to it since then.

4.Feeder - Just The Way I'm Feeling
The highest entry from them. I was quite sorry about the suicide issue and I thought they might end there. Luckily, they came back with a great album with loads of great songs. Well, many great songs could be singles, I look forward to them all.

3.Idlewild - American English
The only entry from them. But it’s enough to have made me buy their album for X’mas. The whole album is great. This song is especially outstanding. Well, hopefully, they will do well in the future. Why is it always Scottish? Two of my three favourite bands are Scottish now !! They really rock!!!!!

2.Coldplay - In My Place
I was impressed by them since the release of ‘Yellow’. Both of their albums are great. I like every song from them. It’s really a shame that this song didn’t get to the top spot of the chart. I really hope that they will have a no.1 single sometime.

1.Travis - Flowers In The Window
There is no other choice really. Yeah, I know, I am biased. But what can I say? A sweet song and a beautiful video. It should have done much more better in the chart. Actually, quite a few tracks from ‘The Invisible Band’ could have been released as single, but here we go, they had a great brand new track, ‘Love Will Come Through’. I do believe they will have a no.1 single sometime, probably from their long-waiting 4th album. Wow, look at you now, flowers in the window, it’s such a lovely day, and I glad you feel the same. :D
ifaa_lei
Manager

Postby Terence » Tue Dec 31, 2002 4:35 pm

Intesting chart Ifaa

And I kinda expectedTravis at #1, they didn't appear in mine but were high last year with "Sing" and "Side"

nice to see my J.Lo, Amy Studt, Pink, Nelly and Beverley Knight in there

And yes, I agree for the purpose of the animated "Point Of View" vid and I think that in Dove, she lost a bit of weight! :D

Nice to see artists who are not indie cos I thought you were a manic for indie & rock music!
Terence
Euro-trash Freak

Postby Terence » Tue Dec 31, 2002 4:36 pm

And Feeder's song is really good - it's growing on me, hopefully it will take them to the top 10 again in 2003!
Terence
Euro-trash Freak

Postby ifaa_lei » Tue Dec 31, 2002 4:40 pm

Haha, thank you for your opinions, jlo17 (or 18?). Well, actually I like different kinds of music but the best is indie and rock. :wink:
ifaa_lei
Manager

Return to Year End Personal Charts