Akini's Daily Top 20: #1 Mother lends a shoulder...

Moderators: JSparksFan, tdc2000, FreakyFlyBry

Postby JSparksFan » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:35 am

Friday's Top 20 (March 16th)

01.(RE) Emeli Sandé - Read All About It, Pt. III (Best Comeback)
02.(RE) Doris Day - Que Sera, Sera (Whatever Will Be, Will Be)
03.(RE) Boney M. - Rivers of Babylon
04.(RE) Janet Jackson - If It Takes All Night
05.(02) No Doubt - Push and Shove (feat. Busy Signal & Major Lazer) (Biggest Free Faller)
06.(RE) Usher - Pop Ya Collar
07.(RE) Idina Menzel - Let It Go
08.(RE) Josef Salvat - Open Season
09.(RE) Janet Jackson - That's the Way Love Goes
10.(RE) Miley Cyrus - Who Owns My Heart
11.(RE) Janet Jackson - If
12.(RE) The Weeknd - Often
13.(RE) Kristen Bell & Santino Fantana - Love Is an Open Door
14.(RE) The Fray - How to Save a Life
15.(RE) Taylor Swift - Sweeter Than Fiction
16.(RE) Doris Day - Perhaps, Perhaps, Perhaps
17.(RE) Frank Ocean - Nature Feels
18.(RE) McFly - Love Is Easy
19.(RE) Mariah Carey - Lead the Way
20.(RE) The Supremes - Love Child
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby Spartan » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:28 am

This is my sort of chart. Doris Day, Love Child, The Fry, Frozen, Miley, Emeli! All such good songs.
Spartan
Legend

Postby RayRay » Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:21 pm

JSparksFan wrote:Friday's Top 20 (March 16th)

01.(RE) Emeli Sandé - Read All About It, Pt. III (Best Comeback)
02.(RE) Doris Day - Que Sera, Sera (Whatever Will Be, Will Be)
03.(RE) Boney M. - Rivers of Babylon
04.(RE) Janet Jackson - If It Takes All Night

07.(RE) Idina Menzel - Let It Go

09.(RE) Janet Jackson - That's the Way Love Goes

13.(RE) Kristen Bell & Santino Fantana - Love Is an Open Door

19.(RE) Mariah Carey - Lead the Way
20.(RE) The Supremes - Love Child
Good choices. :D
RayRay
Superstar

Postby JSparksFan » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:38 pm

Spartan wrote:This is my sort of chart. Doris Day, Love Child, The Fry, Frozen, Miley, Emeli! All such good songs.
I feel like you introduced me to some of those songs (Doris Day for sure).

RayRay wrote:Good choices. :D
Glad you like them! Especially pleased to see someone appreciating "Rivers of Babylon".
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:50 pm

Saturday's Top 20 (March 17th)

01.(RE) Mary J. Blige - Real Love (Best Comeback)
02.(RE) Kylie Minogue - Breathe
03.(RE) Beyoncé - Standing on the Sun
04.(RE) Janet Jackson - Feedback
05.(09) Janet Jackson - That's the Way Love Goes (Greatest Gainer)
06.(RE) Janet Jackson - Rhythm Nation
07.(RE) Sia - Chandelier
08.(RE) Girls Aloud - Call the Shots
09.(RE) Michael Jackson & Janet Jackson - Scream
10.(RE) Kanye West - Jesus Walks
11.(RE) Macklemore & Ryan Lewis - Can't Hold Us (feat. Ray Dalton)
12.(RE) Kacey Musgraves - Butterflies
13.(NE) Kylie Minogue - Stop Me from Falling (Highest Debut)
14.(RE) Years & Years - Sanctify
15.(05) No Doubt - Push and Shove (feat. Busy Signal & Major Lazer) (Biggest Free Faller)
16.(RE) High School Musical Cast - Stick to the Status Quo
17.(RE) Beyoncé - Déjà Vu (feat. Jay-Z)
18.(RE) Lauren Alaina - Georgia Peaches
19.(RE) The Band Perry - If I Die Young
20.(RE) Carrie Underwood - Chaser
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby JakeP » Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:05 pm

Hi Akini :D

13.(NE) Kylie Minogue - Stop Me from Falling (Highest Debut)

I'm quite surprised this is only entering for the first time today...but better late than never. ;) That said...

02.(RE) Kylie Minogue - Breathe

...it appears you're getting stressed out again. :( The way its going Breathe is gonna be your year end #1 :lol:

There are a couple of tracks i don't recognise (or might if i give them a listen) but my other faves are:

07.(RE) Sia - Chandelier
JakeP
Manager

Postby RayRay » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:29 pm

JSparksFan wrote:
RayRay wrote:Good choices. :D
Glad you like them! Especially pleased to see someone appreciating "Rivers of Babylon".
I LOVE "Rivers Of Babylon". My mother used to play it over and over again (together with Brown Girl In The Ring).
It's one of those songs that really reminds me of my childhood.
Also, there used to be those girls in my class that used to perform songs together and this was one of them.
They used to do girl group songs, but when they did this one, one of the macho guys of our class joined in. :lol:
RayRay
Superstar

Postby JSparksFan » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:00 am

JakeP wrote:Hi Akini :D
Hey, Jake! :D

JakeP wrote:13.(NE) Kylie Minogue - Stop Me from Falling (Highest Debut)

I'm quite surprised this is only entering for the first time today...but better late than never. ;) That said...
I'm not sure why it took so long for me to check it out actually. I think I've just been too busy recently to keep tabs on new releases. Also, sometimes when I'm stressed out, I don't have the mental bandwidth for new music because what if I come home after a 12-hour work day and try to listen to new songs and they suck? :lol: That wouldn't be much fun.

JakeP wrote:02.(RE) Kylie Minogue - Breathe

...it appears you're getting stressed out again. :( The way its going Breathe is gonna be your year end #1 :lol:
Busy season is coming for my entire existence this year. I suspect I'll find a way to survive, but "Breathe" wouldn't be a bad year-end #1 actually. :lol:

JakeP wrote:There are a couple of tracks i don't recognise (or might if i give them a listen) but my other faves are:

07.(RE) Sia - Chandelier
I'm presently in the process of switching phones, and I've uploaded all the music from my computer to the new phone. Quite a few of these songs are tracks that aren't on Spotify, so the last two days have seen some returns from songs I haven't heard in ages. Today's chart will be no different.

RayRay wrote:I LOVE "Rivers Of Babylon". My mother used to play it over and over again (together with Brown Girl In The Ring).
It's one of those songs that really reminds me of my childhood.
Also, there used to be those girls in my class that used to perform songs together and this was one of them.
They used to do girl group songs, but when they did this one, one of the macho guys of our class joined in. :lol:
Ah, "Brown Girl in the Ring" was an ever-present song in my childhood, too! We used to play it in school during our culture class sessions every Tuesday afternoon.

I remember being surprised to learn that Boney M. had international impact. I always thought they were a regional act restricted to the Caribbean. :oops:
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:06 am

Sunday's Top 20 (March 18th)

01.(RE) Janet Jackson - Velvet Rope (Best Comeback)
02.(RE) Michael Jackson - Remember the Time
03.(RE) Adele - Skyfall
04.(02) Kylie Minogue - Breathe
05.(RE) Janet Jackson - Together Again
06.(RE) Michael Jackson - Bad
07.(RE) Michael Jackson - Smooth Criminal
08.(RE) Michael Jackson - Billie Jean
09.(01) Mary J. Blige - Real Love (Biggest Free Faller)
10.(12) Kacey Musgraves - Butterflies (Greatest Gainer)
11.(RE) Janet Jackson - I Get Lonely
12.(RE) Kelsea Ballerini - I Hate Love Songs
13.(NE) Janet Jackson - Go Deep (Highest Debut)
14.(NE) Janet Jackson - Rope Burn
15.(15) No Doubt - Push and Shove (feat. Busy Signal & Major Lazer)
16.(RE) Chris Brown - Do Better (feat. Brandy)
17.(RE) Kanye West - Power
18.(RE) Usher - Nice and Slow
19.(RE) Drake - Trophies
20.(NE) Janet Jackson - Can't Be Stopped
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby SummerPeur » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:06 am

JSparksFan wrote:
JakeP wrote:02.(RE) Kylie Minogue - Breathe

Busy season is coming for my entire existence this year. I suspect I'll find a way to survive, but "Breathe" wouldn't be a bad year-end #1 actually. :lol:

I 100% support this notion 8-)

+ Akini you almost had me gagging with this title!!!!! :lol:

10.(12) Kacey Musgraves - Butterflies (Greatest Gainer) - I only checked this out today - I feel like she has a lot better material tbh.

03.(RE) Adele - Skyfall

Even though it was a success, this song deserved so much more attention.
Love, is love, is love. - Kylie M.
SummerPeur
Superstar

Postby phoenix98 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:00 pm

JSparksFan wrote:Yeah, I can be a bit pedantic with language sometimes, and I typically favour British English rules to American English rules, but there are a few exceptions, and I do go back and forth between the two systems depending on what I'm comfortable/agree with. The absence of "u" in American words is my only gripe, but even there, I have to admit that some words look cleaner without the "u" such as "candor" for instance. It's weird because I grew up in an academic system that is British-based (English-wise) but the American influence is more pervasive in non-academia parts of the culture so that makes adhering to the rules complex, but I agree; once the message is not lost, who cares? We're here for a good time, not a rigidly-adherent-to-outdated-English-rules time.
I'm all for you creating a new, unique hybrid of the two: Akinglish! That disconnect you mentioned between using British English in the classroom/academic settings, but seeing American English everywhere outside the classroom, really adds a whole 'nother layer to the struggle of keeping all the rules straight!

JSparksFan wrote:Oh my! :o Why did I think "Trust a Try" was a single? It definitely sounds like one, and it is strange that I'm so familiar with it despite not having heard All for You in full (yet). Hmm...what a way to throw away a potential chart-topper.
Ah, turns out you were onto something there! Apparently "Trust A Try" was in consideration to be a single (along with "Come On Get Up", which eventually got a very limited release in Japan.) Wikipedia links to this old interview with MTV:

MTV: Your fans have a lot of strong feelings about everything, from what the set list should be to the next single. They did an informal poll on your Web site and they thought the next singles should be "Come On Get Up" and "Trust a Try." Do you have any idea what the next single will be?

Janet: There will be two. "Come On Get Up" and "Son of a Gun." But I'll get around to "Trust a Try," because I love that song.

JSparksFan wrote:What I should be punishing it for is that awful video, but the song has grown on me. I get why so many people love it.
:lol:

I mean, there's a cuteness to it...but it's not at ALL what I envisioned/hoped for that song. I'm especially protective of that track, since I love it so much, so it probably would've been tough for any video to truly do it justice in my eyes (and what she actually gave us doesn't even come close.) **Sigh**

JSparksFan wrote:01.(RE) Janet Jackson - Velvet Rope (Best Comeback)
02.(RE) Michael Jackson - Remember the Time
03.(RE) Adele - Skyfall
04.(02) Kylie Minogue - Breathe
05.(RE) Janet Jackson - Together Again
06.(RE) Michael Jackson - Bad
07.(RE) Michael Jackson - Smooth Criminal
08.(RE) Michael Jackson - Billie Jean
10.(12) Kacey Musgraves - Butterflies (Greatest Gainer)
11.(RE) Janet Jackson - I Get Lonely
13.(NE) Janet Jackson - Go Deep (Highest Debut)
14.(NE) Janet Jackson - Rope Burn
20.(NE) Janet Jackson - Can't Be Stopped
• Thrilled to see you still holding "Velvet Rope" in high regard as we (hopefully) inch ever closer to you starting that certain special something! This track really resonated with me as a gay teen when I was first delving into Janet's catalog, and it still makes quite the impression today. It's as relevant/topical as ever too...
• It might not be on quite the same level as "If," but "Rope Burn" is definitely among Janet's catchiest smutty songs ;) The whole chorus (well, the whole track, really) give such satisfying shivers.
• I don't have any strong feelings one way or the other about "Can't Be Stopped," but the whole "hidden track" concept is a fun relic of the days of physical music mediums and a great nostalgia vehicle for my CD-consuming youth! "Whoops Now" is probably one of the few examples to ever become a big chart hit (albeit only overseas.)

Yet another plush chart, Akini! :D
phoenix98
Legend

Postby Tansike » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:12 pm

Nice to see some MJ classics on your latest chart :)

SummerPeur wrote:+ Akini you almost had me gagging with this title!!!!! :lol:
+1 :lol: :oops:
Tansike
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:12 am

SummerPeur wrote:I 100% support this notion 8-)
Well, I certainly like "Breathe" more than "Dancing" and "Stop Me from Falling" so let's see what happens. :lol:

SummerPeur wrote:10.(12) Kacey Musgraves - Butterflies (Greatest Gainer) - I only checked this out today - I feel like she has a lot better material tbh.
She does have better material, but the song is a big grower. I definitely encourage you to revisit it.

SummerPeur wrote:03.(RE) Adele - Skyfall

Even though it was a success, this song deserved so much more attention.
In revisiting "Skyfall", I was rather surprised to hear how epic the instrumental is. Adele does melodrama well, and now that I'm a few years removed from the song's premiere, I can say that it definitely deserved to be a bigger hit.

phoenix98 wrote:I'm all for you creating a new, unique hybrid of the two: Akinglish! That disconnect you mentioned between using British English in the classroom/academic settings, but seeing American English everywhere outside the classroom, really adds a whole 'nother layer to the struggle of keeping all the rules straight!
And novels only add to the drama because there's a mix of fantastic British and American authors in my library, and most of what I've retained about grammar and English rules in general I would have learned through reading storybooks.

phoenix98 wrote:Ah, turns out you were onto something there! Apparently "Trust A Try" was in consideration to be a single (along with "Come On Get Up", which eventually got a very limited release in Japan.) Wikipedia links to this old interview with MTV:

MTV: Your fans have a lot of strong feelings about everything, from what the set list should be to the next single. They did an informal poll on your Web site and they thought the next singles should be "Come On Get Up" and "Trust a Try." Do you have any idea what the next single will be?

Janet: There will be two. "Come On Get Up" and "Son of a Gun." But I'll get around to "Trust a Try," because I love that song.
So after promising to get around to it, she never got around to it. Janet needs to work on her follow through, to be honest. :cry:

phoenix98 wrote: :lol:

I mean, there's a cuteness to it...but it's not at ALL what I envisioned/hoped for that song. I'm especially protective of that track, since I love it so much, so it probably would've been tough for any video to truly do it justice in my eyes (and what she actually gave us doesn't even come close.) **Sigh**
Yeah, the video doesn't match the tone of the song at all.

phoenix98 wrote:• Thrilled to see you still holding "Velvet Rope" in high regard as we (hopefully) inch ever closer to you starting that certain special something! This track really resonated with me as a gay teen when I was first delving into Janet's catalog, and it still makes quite the impression today. It's as relevant/topical as ever too...
"Velvet Rope" was definitely a big discovery for me. The hook is immaculate.

phoenix98 wrote:• It might not be on quite the same level as "If," but "Rope Burn" is definitely among Janet's catchiest smutty songs ;) The whole chorus (well, the whole track, really) give such satisfying shivers.
It was definitely a stand-out on my first run-through of the album.

phoenix98 wrote:• I don't have any strong feelings one way or the other about "Can't Be Stopped," but the whole "hidden track" concept is a fun relic of the days of physical music mediums and a great nostalgia vehicle for my CD-consuming youth! "Whoops Now" is probably one of the few examples to ever become a big chart hit (albeit only overseas.)
I like the lyrics on "Can't Be Stopped". "Whoops Now" was a bit of a quiet storm; I wasn't expecting to enjoy it much when the song started.

phoenix98 wrote:Yet another plush chart, Akini! :D
Ah, love the adjective, Paul! And thanks!

Tansike wrote:Nice to see some MJ classics on your latest chart :)
He really did give us some stunners during his time. Incredible man.

Tansike wrote:
SummerPeur wrote:+ Akini you almost had me gagging with this title!!!!! :lol:
+1 :lol: :oops:
I honestly didn't even notice anything suggestive about the thread title, honestly. :oops:

The lyric just happens coincide with one of my favourite parts of the song.
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:20 am

Monday's Top 20 (March 19th)

01.(RE) Michael Jackson - Human Nature (Best Comeback)
02.(RE) Whitney Houston - I'm Your Baby Tonight
03.(03) Adele - Skyfall
04.(RE) Kelly Clarkson - Honestly
05.(NE) Aaron Lansing - Naive Spin (Highest Debut)
06.(01) Janet Jackson - Velvet Rope
07.(RE) Madonna - Love Tried to Welcome Me
08.(RE) Adam Lambert - Two Fux
09.(04) Kylie Minogue - Breathe (Biggest Free Faller)
10.(RE) Céline Dion - Encore un soir
12.(RE) Madonna - Forbidden Love
13.(RE) Miranda Lambert - Mama's Broken Heart
14.(RE) Alicia Keys - More Than We Know
15.(RE) Mariah Carey - Side Effects
16.(RE) Madonna - Holiday
17.(RE) Christina Aguilera - Mercy on Me
18.(RE) Janet Jackson - Go Deep
19.(RE) Madonna - Human Nature
20.(RE) Niall Horan - On the Loose
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby RayRay » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:38 pm

Love Tried To Welcome Me by Madonna is such a beautiful song.

Encore Un Soir is one of my most played songs by Celine Dion.

If and Velvet Rope both epic in their own way by Janet.

I'm Your Baby Tonight (European version) is one of my all time Whitney favorites.
RayRay
Superstar

Postby biscuits » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:55 am

It’s not Janet’s fault that ‘Trust a Try’ didn’t get released. Virgin cut the era short after paying Mariah out of her contract.
biscuits
The Diva

Postby JSparksFan » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:47 am

RayRay wrote:Love Tried To Welcome Me by Madonna is such a beautiful song.

Encore Un Soir is one of my most played songs by Celine Dion.

If and Velvet Rope both epic in their own way by Janet.

I'm Your Baby Tonight (European version) is one of my all time Whitney favorites.
Everything you wrote, I either agree with, or it applies to me as well. :lol:

biscuits wrote:It’s not Janet’s fault that ‘Trust a Try’ didn’t get released. Virgin cut the era short after paying Mariah out of her contract.
Oh, really? I can believe that, though, and if I were Virgin, I'd have gone for the contract buyout out after Glitter, too.
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:54 am

Tuesday's Top 20 (March 20th)

01.(01) Michael Jackson - Human Nature
02.(RE) Janet Jackson - If It Takes All Night (Best Comeback)
03.(RE) Janet Jackson - That's the Way Love Goes
04.(11) Janet Jackson - If (Greatest Gainer)
05.(RE) Reba McEntire - Fancy
06.(RE) Chris Brown - With You
07.(06) Janet Jackson - Velvet Rope
08.(05) Aaron Lansing - Naive Spin (Biggest Free Faller)
09.(RE) Miley Cyrus - See You Again
10.(RE) Alicia Keys - Not Even the King
11.(RE) G.R.L. - Lighthouse
12.(RE) Whitney Houston - Same Script, Different Cast (feat. Deborah Cox)
13.(RE) Chris Brown - Take You Down
14.(RE) Lynn Anderson - Rose Garden
15.(RE) Kacey Musgraves - Butterflies
16.(RE) Janet Jackson - Whoops Now
17.(RE) Heather Small - Proud
18.(RE) Chris Brown - 2012
19.(RE) Lindsey Stirling - The Phoenix
20.(RE) Lana Del Rey - High by the Beach
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby biscuits » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:39 am

I hope you like the ‘All For You’ album. Nearly every song on there is in my top 50 Janet songs.
By the way, will you be requiring a list of unreleased Janet songs for your upcoming project?
biscuits
The Diva

Postby JSparksFan » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:14 am

biscuits wrote:I hope you like the ‘All For You’ album. Nearly every song on there is in my top 50 Janet songs.
By the way, will you be requiring a list of unreleased Janet songs for your upcoming project?
I just listened to All for You, and I enjoyed it. It's probably the Janet album I went into with the greatest familiarity.

I would appreciate that! <3
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:20 am

Wednesday's Top 20 (March 21st)

01.(RE) Janet Jackson - Doesn't Really Matter (Best Comeback)
02.(06) Chris Brown - With You (Greatest Gainer)
03.(RE) Mika - Rain
04.(RE) ABBA - The Day Before You Came
05.(NE) Janet Jackson - Come on Get Up (Highest Debut)
06.(RE) Janet Jackson - Someone to Call My Lover
07.(RE) Janet Jackson - All for You
08.(NE) Janet Jackson - Love Scene (Ooh Baby)
09.(RE) Madonna - Rain
10.(RE) Madonna - Deeper and Deeper
11.(RE) Years & Years - Sanctify
12.(RE) David Guetta - Titanium (feat. Sia)
13.(RE) Janet Jackson - Son of a Gun (I Betcha Think This Song Is About You) [feat. Carly Simon]
14.(NE) Janet Jackson - Truth
15.(NE) Janet Jackson - China Love
16.(RE) Lady Gaga - ARTPOP
17.(NE) Janet Jackson - Better Days
18.(NE) Dido - Don't Leave Home
19.(RE) No Doubt - Push and Shove (feat. Busy Signal & Major Lazer)
20.(RE) Kanye West - Monster (feat. Jay-Z, Rick Ross, Bon Iver, & Nicki Minaj)
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby biscuits » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:24 am

Happy to see China Love and Truth (my #1 album track) in there, although no When We Oooo?

But Love Scene? One of my least favourite Janet songs!
biscuits
The Diva

Postby biscuits » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:16 am

Some of her most famous miscellaneous tracks:

You Need Me (1989) the original concept for the follow-up to Control was the Jackson family, and this track is all about that. Janet decided against the idea because she was trying to distance herself from the family name professionally, and instead opted for social issues
Skin Game (1989) unreleased from RN1814
Work (1989) unreleased from RN1814
One More Chance (1993) B-side to 'If', a cover of a Randy Jackson song
And On And On (1994) B-side to 'Any Time, Any Place', performed well on US airplay
70s Love Groove (1994) appeared on 'janet. remixed', along with And On And On
Accept Me (1997) B-side to 'Every Time'
God's Stepchild Japanese bonus track for 'The Velvet Rope', appeared on 'Down in The Delta' soundtrack
The Beat of Black Wings (1999) a Joni Mitchell cover which was supposed to appear on a tribute CD
Ask For More (1999) a song recorded for Pepsi
Who (2001) 'All For You' bonus track in Japan
Love Me (2004) unreleased demo from 'Damita Jo', which many fans think should have been the lead single
Could This Be Love (2004) unreleased track from 'Damita Jo', supposedly pulled for sounding too much like Usher
I'm Here (2004) Japanese bonus track on 'Damita Jo'
Put Your Hands On (2004) Japanese bonus track on 'Damita Jo' - it won the Miscellaneous Janet Songs survivor on here a few years ago
Put It On You (2004) unreleased from 'Damita Jo' sessions
Pops Up (2004) Rich Harrison produced track from the 'Damita Jo' sessions
Clap Your Hands (2004/6) same as above. but leaked in 2006
What Can I Say (2004/6) same as above
Weekend (2006) Janet posted this on her website on May 1st 2006, supposedly as the lead single from the then untitled '20 Y.O.' The backlash was real, and it was pulled from the site, Janet said it was a gift, and the album was reworked
Roll Witchu (2006) Japanese bonus track for '20 Y.O.'
Days Go By (2006) Japanese bonus track for '20 Y.O.'
Let Me Know (2008) bonus track on 'Discipline'
HeartBeatLove (feat. Pitbull) (2010) recorded for a Darkchild album
biscuits
The Diva

Postby JSparksFan » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:16 am

biscuits wrote:Happy to see China Love and Truth (my #1 album track) in there, although no When We Oooo?

But Love Scene? One of my least favourite Janet songs!
I actually like "When We Oooo", but yesterday was a tough day. It'll probably debut sometime this weekend, or early next week.

Aw, "Love Scene" made me blush, but I loved how sensuous it was.

biscuits wrote:Some of her most famous miscellaneous tracks:

You Need Me (1989) the original concept for the follow-up to Control was the Jackson family, and this track is all about that. Janet decided against the idea because she was trying to distance herself from the family name professionally, and instead opted for social issues
Skin Game (1989) unreleased from RN1814
Work (1989) unreleased from RN1814
One More Chance (1993) B-side to 'If', a cover of a Randy Jackson song
And On And On (1994) B-side to 'Any Time, Any Place', performed well on US airplay
70s Love Groove (1994) appeared on 'janet. remixed', along with And On And On
Accept Me (1997) B-side to 'Every Time'
God's Stepchild Japanese bonus track for 'The Velvet Rope', appeared on 'Down in The Delta' soundtrack
The Beat of Black Wings (1999) a Joni Mitchell cover which was supposed to appear on a tribute CD
Ask For More (1999) a song recorded for Pepsi
Who (2001) 'All For You' bonus track in Japan
Love Me (2004) unreleased demo from 'Damita Jo', which many fans think should have been the lead single
Could This Be Love (2004) unreleased track from 'Damita Jo', supposedly pulled for sounding too much like Usher
I'm Here (2004) Japanese bonus track on 'Damita Jo'
Put Your Hands On (2004) Japanese bonus track on 'Damita Jo' - it won the Miscellaneous Janet Songs survivor on here a few years ago
Put It On You (2004) unreleased from 'Damita Jo' sessions
Pops Up (2004) Rich Harrison produced track from the 'Damita Jo' sessions
Clap Your Hands (2004/6) same as above. but leaked in 2006
What Can I Say (2004/6) same as above
Weekend (2006) Janet posted this on her website on May 1st 2006, supposedly as the lead single from the then untitled '20 Y.O.' The backlash was real, and it was pulled from the site, Janet said it was a gift, and the album was reworked
Roll Witchu (2006) Japanese bonus track for '20 Y.O.'
Days Go By (2006) Japanese bonus track for '20 Y.O.'
Let Me Know (2008) bonus track on 'Discipline'
HeartBeatLove (feat. Pitbull) (2010) recorded for a Darkchild album
Many, many thanks for this!!! :D
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:18 am

Thursday's Top 20 (March 22nd)

01.(07) Janet Jackson - All for You (Greatest Gainer)
02.(01) Janet Jackson - Doesn't Really Matter (Biggest Free Faller)
03.(RE) Janet Jackson - Trust a Try (Best Comeback)
04.(RE) Mariah Carey - The Beautiful Ones (feat. Dru Hill)
05.(RE) Eminem - My Name Is
06.(RE) Sugababes - Push the Button
07.(RE) Janet Jackson - Lonely
08.(14) Janet Jackson - Truth
09.(RE) Janet Jackson - Can't Be Stopped
10.(RE) Taylor Swift - Teardrops on My Guitar
11.(RE) Janet Jackson - Love Will Never Do (Without You)
12.(RE) Taylor Swift - Mine
13.(RE) Tokio Hotel - Love Who Loves You Back
14.(RE) Little Mix - Wings
15.(RE) Mariah Carey - Side Effects
16.(RE) Elton John - Tiny Dancer
17.(RE) Janet Jackson - Would You Mind
18.(RE) Jordin Sparks - Tattoo
19.(RE) Britney Spears - Gimme More
20.(RE) Delta Goodrem - Wings
JSparksFan
Legend

Return to Personal Charts