The "UKmixPARADE" - The Chart Of Our Charts!

Moderators: tdc2000, JSparksFan, FreakyFlyBry

Postby Magnus » Sun May 17, 2015 1:39 am

Yeah, very impressive with 300 instances of this massive chart! I wish I had the time to go back and look at all the older charts, maybe some day...

I don't care at all for the current #1, but I like the Brandon Flowers' song at #2 now; it will probably enter my chart on Monday (not in the top 5 though). I'm also happy that for the first time I have two songs from my top 5 on the chart and that my #1 managed to keep climbing higher despite getting points only from me. Will it reach #1 eventually? ;)
Magnus
Manager

Postby JSparksFan » Sun May 17, 2015 5:39 am

Yeah, much respect to CZB for being so consistent with what must be a mammoth task week after week for almost six years now!

As for the 300th chart, I'm not too impressed with the #1, though that is a very comfortable winning margin. I love that "Lonely Town" leapt 45-14. Maybe Brandon can dethrone Brit Brit and Iggy soon.
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby JakeP » Sun May 17, 2015 1:01 pm

Also want to say congrats to CZB for keeping this chart going for 300 weeks. :D I didn't really follow this chart much when i first joined although i think the week i joined was the same week when Katy Perry went in at #1 with Roar so i remember that happening. :lol:

I have looked at this chart more over the last year. I find it funny seeing things like Pet Shop Boys getting three weeks top 10 with an old song though. :P

As for Pretty girls it was looking set to drop a bit in my chart until i saw the video which i think is one of Britney's best videos. So that helped keep the song at #2 although i downloaded Runaway (u & i) on iTunes so thats why it climbed up to #1 in my chart. How did I love it by Icona Pop do in this chart? The song by Galantis really reminds me of Icona Pop for some reason.
JakeP
Superstar

Postby LittleArsonist » Tue May 19, 2015 3:51 pm

CZB wrote:Week 300
10 ---- 01 CALIFORNIA DREAMIN' - SIA ( JakeP 3 / LittleArsonist 4 / stevyy 3 )
19 ---- 01 NO HARM - EDITORS ( LittleArsonist 5 / Marcthemike 2 )
21 27 05 SHIP TO WRECK - FLORENCE AND THE MACHINE ( LittleArsonist 1 / Lollo95 3 / SholasBoy 2
yay!!!!!!!! :D :D :D
LittleArsonist
Personal Assistant

Postby floria » Tue May 19, 2015 5:47 pm

CZB wrote:Week 300

17th May 2015

07 10 03 DON JUAN - PET SHOP BOYS ( Chun 5 / Chun 4 / Chun 3 )

:lol:

Is this allowed? I didn't know...
floria
Cause I'm comin' at you like a dark horse

Postby Magnus » Tue May 19, 2015 6:12 pm

If I ever get bored with popular music I'm going to record when I'm singing in the shower, mix it to five different versions, post them to YouTube (audio only), then have that occupy the top 5 on my chart forever (or until I get banned) :P.
Magnus
Manager

Postby CrazyCrazy » Tue May 19, 2015 7:37 pm

Yes I think CZB should implement a rule for this. :wink:

Also songs which have the same points should be ordered by how many voters they have, so if 3 songs have 10 points, 1 has 3 voters, one has 4, one has 5, the one with 5 voters should go on top. Just some thoughts matey, hope not to offend and you don't have to listen to me at all. :D
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Postby trebor » Tue May 19, 2015 7:48 pm

@CBZ
Thank you for compiling the UKMIX charts every week!
Awesome work! Respect! :)
trebor
Legend

Postby toni_pest » Wed May 20, 2015 3:09 pm

1 Ed Sheeran & Rudimental - Bloodstream
2 Major LAzer x DJ Snake ft. MO - Lean On
3 Taylor Swift ft. Kendrick Lamar - Bad Blood
4 Lost Frequencies - Are You With Me?
5 Janelle Monae ft. Jidenna - Yoga
:)
toni_pest
Coming Soon

Postby Dedicated » Wed May 20, 2015 5:43 pm

This might have been answered, but how do songs with equal points get spread onto the chart - if the #1 song is actually a tie? what gets to be called #1? or even #22 for that matter
Dedicated
Manager

Postby toni_pest » Wed May 20, 2015 8:23 pm

Dedicated wrote:This might have been answered, but how do songs with equal points get spread onto the chart - if the #1 song is actually a tie? what gets to be called #1? or even #22 for that matter
i tihnk they go alphabetically in case of a tie
:)
toni_pest
Coming Soon

Postby CZB » Fri May 22, 2015 8:22 pm

Many thanks for all the kind words in response to the 300th UKmixParade ! It does indeed, as some have observed, need a lot of time and effort - but, as I only work very occasionally now ( ! ) I should hopefully still be able to continue with it well into the future. Almost six years now - and, only sometimes, I think, a few minutes late . . . . . as some forum members will know, I have followed a lot of European radio chart shows for the past thirty-seven years. And there aren't many presenters who have remained at the helm as long as I've been doing this chart ! :D

However, the 300-week mark does seem like an opportune point for a [very slight ] re-think . . . . .

toni_pest wrote:
Dedicated wrote:This might have been answered, but how do songs with equal points get spread onto the chart - if the #1 song is actually a tie? what gets to be called #1? or even #22 for that matter
i think they go alphabetically in case of a tie
That is indeed how tied tracks have always been listed, and my main reason for resisting changing this has been that I suspected that to do otherwise would be more time-consuming . . . . .

CrazyCrazy wrote:Also songs which have the same points should be ordered by how many voters they have, so if 3 songs have 10 points, 1 has 3 voters, one has 4, one has 5, the one with 5 voters should go on top. Just some thoughts matey, hope not to offend and you don't have to listen to me at all. :D
. . . . . however, I believe I have now worked out how I could put that suggestion into practice without it involving too much extra work. Although it might not make very much difference, I concede that it would help a little to place the tied tracks into an arguably more appropriate order than just listing them alphabetically - especially all the five- and four- pointers. Alphabetical order would still have to be used within each collection of "5 points from 3 voters", "5 points from 2 voters" and so on. I'll try to implement this tomorrow night, and see if it works out easily enough to apply every week from now on.

floria wrote: 07 10 03 DON JUAN - PET SHOP BOYS ( Chun 5 / Chun 4 / Chun 3 )

:lol: Is this allowed? I didn't know...
CrazyCrazy wrote:Yes I think CZB should implement a rule for this. :wink:
This issue has come up a few times before - as there are some members who give different mixes of the same song separate positions in their personal charts. I have always combined different versions into one UKmixParade position - as I don't believe the same track should appear more than once in any overall chart - but have previously always allowed individual members to allocate more than five of their fifteen points to the same track should they so wish. It hasn't happened much - but some of the more obvious instances, such as this latest one, certainly haven't gone unnoticed.

However, in response to this latest observation - and previous ones along the same lines - I'm going to accept that there is a strong enough case to impose an additional rule. From now on, only the highest-ranking of multiple appearances of the same track in any individual top five will count - with other tracks from below gaining additional points as appropriate so that everyone still contributes a total of fifteen points.

So, Chun's latest chart:

1. Pet Shop Boys - Don Juan - Demo Version; 2001 Remastered Version (15 plays)
2. Pet Shop Boys - Don Juan (14 plays)
3. Pet Shop Boys - Don Juan - Disco Mix; 2001 Remastered Version (12 plays)
4. Susanne Sundfør - Fade Away (10 plays)
5. Glasvegas - Euphoria, Take My Hand (8 plays)
6. Glasvegas - It's My Own Cheating Heart That Makes Me Cry (8 plays)
7. The Tough Alliance - Leg 7 (8 plays)
8. 30 Seconds to Mars - This Is War (6 plays)
9. Glasvegas - The World Is Yours (6 plays)
10. Glasvegas - Geraldine (5 plays)

which has been reflected in the past three weeks as:

DON JUAN - PET SHOP BOYS ( Chun 5 / Chun 4 / Chun 3 )
FADE AWAY - SUSANNE SUNDLER ( Chun 2 )
EUPHORIA, TAKE MY HAND - GLASVEGAS ( Chun 1 )

will instead be reflected this coming week as:

DON JUAN - PET SHOP BOYS ( Chun 5 )
FADE AWAY - SUSANNE SUNDLER ( Chun 4 )
EUPHORIA, TAKE MY HAND - GLASVEGAS ( Chun 3 )
IT'S MY OWN CHEATING HEART THAT MAKES ME CRY ( Chun 2 )
LEG 7 - THE TOUGH ALLIANCE ( Chun 1 )

JakeP wrote: How did I love it by Icona Pop do in this chart? The song by Galantis really reminds me of Icona Pop for some reason.
All of its success was in the year 2013 - and it landed quite high in the chart of the year, significantly due to a long run in the top five of one particular member. Whoever could that have been . . . . . ?

29 10 25 ( 231 points ) I LOVE IT - ICONA POP FEATURING CHARLI XCX ( anthonyalex 6 / CZB 92 / Dee1 18 / jszmiles 9 /
Lollo95 2 / Mainshow 1 / mykka 3 / PosziMC2 2 / SholasBoy 10 / Spartan 34 / Tansike 3 / tcatron565 39 / Terence 6 / Trent 6 )
CZB
Legend

Postby flopho » Fri May 22, 2015 8:31 pm

1 Elina Born & Stig Rasta - Goodbye To Yesterday
2 Loic Nottet - Rhythm Inside
3 Anne-Marie - Karate
4 Maitre Gims - Est-ce que tu m'aimes?
5 Aminata - Love Injected
¡Eh, mamá!
Me quiero matar
El mundo se va a la mierda
Y no he hecho nada
flopho
Legend

Postby stevyy » Fri May 22, 2015 8:37 pm

wow, for the first time, i got 5/5 entries in. (and unlike others.. with good songs :o :o )
stevyy
Legend

Postby CrazyCrazy » Fri May 22, 2015 8:44 pm

Sorry for being a bossy boots CZB! I don't mean to make you work more mate! :lol: You really do not have to listen to me! Thank you very much for taking those suggestions on board and good luck with implementing them! :D
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Postby Magnus » Fri May 22, 2015 10:50 pm

Great work CZB! I think both rule changes are very good. (I shall assume that the threat of having "AWFUL SHOWER SONG - MAGNUS THE GREAT ( Magnus 5 / Magnus 4 / Magnus 3 / Magnus 2 / Magnus 1 )" forever stuck in the top 10 at some point in the future played a huge part in this decision :P :P :P.)
Magnus
Manager

Postby ArmyOfMe » Sat May 23, 2015 8:43 am

1. Taylor Swift - Bad Blood (both versions combined)
2. Khia - My Neck, My Back (Lick It) :oops:
3. Feder - Goodbye (feat. Lyse)
4. Tove Lo - Talking Body
5. Róisín Murphy - Gone Fishing
ArmyOfMe
Superstar

Postby trebor » Sat May 23, 2015 9:13 am

fpfbm54 wrote:4 Maitre Gims - Est-ce que tu m'aimes?
Checked this out yesterday... Excellent vocals & timbre and the French language is a bonus that makes this unique; also good lyrics! Will add it to my play-list. Thanks for the pick :D
trebor
Legend

Postby whoawhoa » Sat May 23, 2015 10:06 am

Magnus wrote:Great work CZB! I think both rule changes are very good. (I shall assume that the threat of having "AWFUL SHOWER SONG - MAGNUS THE GREAT ( Magnus 5 / Magnus 4 / Magnus 3 / Magnus 2 / Magnus 1 )" forever stuck in the top 10 at some point in the future played a huge part in this decision :P :P :P.)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah. I think the rule changes make the chart fairer, not that it was unfair before.
whoawhoa
Personal Assistant

Postby CZB » Sat May 23, 2015 10:20 am

Well, there seems to have been quite a lot of action in the Personal Charts forum over recent days, with thirty-nine chart updates already in at this stage ! However, there might be only one new entry inside the top thirty, as Taylor Swift with and without Kendrick Lamar has just about secured a top five debut with "Bad Blood". Could she be challenging Britney Spears and Iggy Azalea to become the forum favourite by tonight ? Lena and Mariah Carey are also looking strong - while it could finally be tenth week lucky for Jess Glynne, once again a top ten contender with "Hold My Hand". But Galantis and Walk The Moon are battling for a place there too. Twelve hours and twenty minutes remain for further new and updated top fives to make an impact . . . . . .

Oh, and be prepared for a possible delay tonight - not only are there new rules to implement, but it's almost certainly going to be the longest Eurovision Song Contest ever . . . . .
CZB
Legend

Postby whoawhoa » Sat May 23, 2015 10:24 am

1. Mariah Carey - Infinity
2. Brandon Flowers - Lonely Town
3. Brandon Flowers - Still Want You
4. Britney Spears & Iggy Azalea - Pretty Girls
5. Wiz Khalifa Feat. Charlie Puth - See You Again
whoawhoa
Personal Assistant

Postby CrazyCrazy » Sat May 23, 2015 10:25 am

Maybe do an earlier cut off time so it gives you more time to sort out the songs. :D

Eurovision Song Contest <<<<<<<< :lol:
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Postby jszmiles » Sat May 23, 2015 7:00 pm

my current top 5

1. Nero - The Thrill
2. Nicki Minaj - The Night Is Still Young
3. Charli XCX - Break The Rules
4. Taylor Swift - Style
5. Tove Lo - Taking Body
jszmiles
Legend

Postby floria » Sat May 23, 2015 7:42 pm

1 Taylor Swift - Bad Blood (feat. Kendrick Lamar)
3 Brandon Flowers - Can't Deny My Love
3 Wiz Khalifa - See You Again ft. Charlie Puth
4 Britney Spears & Iggy Azalea - Pretty Girls
5 Madonna - Ghosttown
floria
Cause I'm comin' at you like a dark horse

Postby CrazyCrazy » Sat May 23, 2015 8:52 pm

1 Exuma – Love Is Strange
2 Will Young – Love Revolution
3 Anastacia – Stupid Little Things
4 Madonna – Body Shop
5 Róisín Murphy – Gone Fishing