Paulboard Top 30 | 11.17.17 | believed in the fictional...

Moderators: tdc2000, FreakyFlyBry

Postby phoenix98 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:00 pm

Paulboard Top 30
Chart Date: 08/18/17

• "Angel" becomes Fifth Harmony's first No. 1 as a foursome (and their third overall, following "Work From Home" and "All In My Head (Flex)" last year.)

TW | LW | WKS ON | TITLE | ARTIST | PEAK | CERT

01 (NE) 01 | "Angel" - Fifth Harmony | 1 (1)
02 (NE) 01 | "Lonely Together" - Avicii ft. Rita Ora | 2 (1)
03 (NE) 01 | "Boots" - Kesha | 3
04 (NE) 01 | "What About Us" - P!nk | 4
05 (01) 04 | "I Like Me Better" - Lauv | 1 (2) | [G]
06 (NE) 01 | "Let 'Em Talk" - Kesha ft. Eagles of Death Metal | 6
07 (NE) 01 | "Old Flames (Can't Hold A Candle To You)" - Kesha ft. Dolly Parton | 7
08 (NE) 01 | "Hymn" - Kesha | 8
09 (NE) 01 | "Silence" - Marshmello ft. Khalid | 9
10 (NE) 01 | "Learn To Let Go" - Kesha | 10
11 (02) 03 | "Your Song" - Rita Ora | 2 (1) | [G]
12 (NE) 01 | "Boogie Feet" - Kesha ft. Eagles of Death Metal | 12
13 (05) 05 | "New Rules" - Dua Lipa | 1 (1) | [G]
14 (NE) 01 | "Bastards" - Kesha | 14
15 (07) 09 | "Do Or Die" - Terror Jr | 1 (1) | [P]
16 (04) 04 | "Boys" - Charli XCX | 1 (1) | [G]
17 (NE) 01 | "Godzilla" - Kesha | 17
18 (RE) 04 | "Praying" - Kesha | 4 | [G]
19 (NE) 01 | "Rainbow" - Kesha | 19
20 (12) 05 | "Down" - Fifth Harmony ft. Gucci Mane | 2 (1) | [G]
21 (06) 03 | "뉴튼 (Newton)" - MONSTA X | 2 (1)
22 (03) 03 | "Plot Twist" - Marc E. Bassy ft. KYLE | 3
23 (25) 06 | "C U Next Tuesday" - Ke$ha | 17 | [G]
24 (NE) 01 | "Spaceship" - Kesha | 24
25 (NE) 01 | "Hunt You Down" - Kesha | 25
26 (NE) 01 | "Woman" - Kesha ft. The Dap-Kings Horns | 26
27 (13) 02 | "Havana" - Camila Cabello ft. Young Thug | 13
28 (09) 08 | "As If It's Your Last" - BLACKPINK | 1 (1) | [P]
29 (RE) 08 | "Landslide" - Dixie Chicks | 2 (1) | [P]
30 (RE) 07 | "Dancing On My Own" - Robyn | 1 (1) | [P]

[GOLD] = 25+ total plays
[PLAT] = 50+ total plays
phoenix98
Legend

Postby Fan » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:25 am

phoenix98 wrote:Ah, so it wasn't just the glasses keeping me from recognizing him :oops: Thanks for giving me a reason to look him up!

Here = The Netherlands for you, right? Or am I totally off-the-mark? Do local artists get a lot of radio exposure there/who's dominating your airwaves?

I do! I do indeed. You'll be seeing quite a bit (well, basically ALL of it) on my latest chart, so I'd love to hear your thoughts/favorites!

Ha, no worries about "Havana." It might be my favorite of Camila's solo offerings so far (as the lead artist), but none of them have managed to REALLY hook me. I've much preferred her guest appearances (especially "Bad Things", but "Know No Better" caught my attention too.)

Thanks again, Fan! :D
Haha :lol: You should look him up! He is HAWT. And a very good actor as well.

No- totally right! We have all the big worldwide smashes and our local rap/urban scene is very popular at the moment- they are dominating both the singles and album charts over here. Funnily enough, I quite like that as well. And I'm usually not a big fan of rap music and I hate 99,9% of Dutch songs :lol:

And there is certainly a lot of new Kesha stuff this week- always good to see! Hymn is my jam at the moment and Learn To Let Go, Woman, Rainbow and Hunt You Down are among my favourites as well (it seems like your favourites are in a different order :P ). Praying is still the best thing she has ever done though.

I'm on board with that new Fifth Harmany track as well and Dancing On My Own! One of my favourite songs of all time!!
i wanna see you on your knees, wanna see you begging
Fan
Legend

Postby Tansike » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:02 pm

phoenix98 wrote:Ah, so he just needs to be next to you when a song comes on that's SO good you simply can't resist singing along...

Woah - am I detecting some Bruno shade? Absolutely, I would! (Then I could serenade you with "Versace On The Floor", obv.)
Yes, that may be the easiest way. Or when i'm tipsy :lol:

Oh no, absolutely not. He's one of my favorite male artists right now! And he's a fantastic singer.

phoenix98 wrote:Ooh....now that I'm checking it out for the first time, the title track really is something interesting! That orchestral background brings Lindsey Stirling to mind.
Never thought about it but yeah, that dubstep-thingy brings some "Crystallize" or other Lindsey-songs-vibes.

phoenix98 wrote:I guess they realized that three flops leading into her album release is plenty - no need to up it to four (yet) :lol: Although I don't have anything against her, I'm not really feeling any of the stuff she's putting out on her own, so I'm not too disappointed with how it's all playing out for her. Meanwhile, "Angel" >>>>>>
It looks like "Havana" may be at least a moderate hit as it's been doing quite 'well' on streaming for a song with no promo (so far). We'll see how it goes, but i guess they will just keep on delaying the album until she gets a hit. Similar with Dua Lipa or Zara Larsson. But yes, "Angel" is great! 8-)

phoenix98 wrote:Definitely relieved to see you include "Thinking Of You" <3 I agree with most of those, actually - though I'd take "Love Into The Light" off the list and add "Only Wanna Dance With You" + "Last Goodbye" instead. Maybe "Gold Trans Am" too...
Never heard the deluxe edition tracks... :oops: Anyways, "Love Into The Light" was so different for her at that time, which is why i really liked it.

phoenix98 wrote:Hmmm...I kind of hear you. A lot of the scenes aren't necessarily sexy (though Charlie washing a car does all kinds of things to me), but they capture the playfulness, dorkiness, adorableness, and other charming qualities that bring to mind why I'm ever-so-attracted to males. <3
The Charlie scenes are probably my faves there :lol: :oops: But good if the video works for many people, somehow it doesn't work for me :(

phoenix98 wrote:**Fingers crossed** Well, at least in the US, it just has to manage higher than No. 91 to out-perform "Break The Rules." :lol:

Yeah, like I was saying to Fan above, I was really underwhelmed by "Your Song" at first...but watching it climb the UK + Australian charts week after week kept it on my mind, and the positive energy of the song finally truly clicked with me lately. It's genuinely uplifting.

Ha, well, I was in a fresh-females-of-pop mood that week (Dua, Zara, Rita, Charli.) Yeah, "So Good" never really hooked me either (this was only its second-ever-week on my chart), but I'm surprised that it did as poorly as it did on official charts, especially in places like the UK, where she was coming off great success with "I Would Like." I guess "Symphony" might deserve a bit of the blame for over-shadowing it (though I think many would argue rightfully so...)

Thanks again, Tansike! :D
Overall she never really had a huge smash. Okay, "Boom Clap" was quite a hit in some countries from what i remember, but there never was that one hit, except her feature on Iggy's "Fancy". I'm not following the charts as much as i used to do so i'm not that up-to-date lately, but i think "Boys" is doing quite 'well' in the UK?!

That's good :D

As much as i love Zara now and her music, i'm kinda 'glad' "So Good" flopped because it was such a weak single choice to go with. But i'm much happier now that she got another smash with "Symphony", and now she's at a point where she can release whatever she wants, it would flop (i mean from the current album). She needs to record something new and come back hard in 2018 (except when she gets a sudden hit like Dua did with "New Rules"... maybe with "Only You"? 8-) *onecandream* )

Great debut for Fifth Harmony's new track! I think "Angel" is slightly better than "Down" for now, but i can see this being much better for me with time, as i got over "Down" quicker than i thought. I'm more excited for their album than i thought i'd be now...

Brilliant entry for "Boots", which is my second favorite song of "Rainbow" 8-) This MUST be a single at some point. Such a great tune. "Praying" keeps on being my favorite one, so glad to see that one back on your charts (and being certified with Gold) :D
Overall her album is stronger than expected. "Hunt You Down" would be my third fave so nice it made your charts too, unfortunately - as much as i love Dolly - but that collabo is probably my least favorite one (or the one i'm skipping the most...) :oops:

Seemed to be a busy week, and P!nk's new one is great too. Don't know that Marshmello guy (if it's a guy?) but it seems Selena collaborated with him/her... will be interesting to see if it's her next single.

"Dancing On My Own" is a lost hit for me, because while i always liked it, it somehow never entered my charts, no idea why. Definitely my favorite track by far from the ones i know by Robyn :)
Tansike
Legend

Postby phoenix98 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:25 pm

Many thanks and much love for all the comments! :D

Fan wrote:Haha :lol: You should look him up! He is HAWT. And a very good actor as well.

No- totally right! We have all the big worldwide smashes and our local rap/urban scene is very popular at the moment- they are dominating both the singles and album charts over here. Funnily enough, I quite like that as well. And I'm usually not a big fan of rap music and I hate 99,9% of Dutch songs :lol:

And there is certainly a lot of new Kesha stuff this week- always good to see! Hymn is my jam at the moment and Learn To Let Go, Woman, Rainbow and Hunt You Down are among my favourites as well (it seems like your favourites are in a different order :P ). Praying is still the best thing she has ever done though.

I'm on board with that new Fifth Harmany track as well and Dancing On My Own! One of my favourite songs of all time!!
Oh, I Googled him the second you gave me his name ;) Was Nightcrawler your introduction to him? (More importantly, has he done any nude scenes...?)

Ooh...Dutch rap, eh? Can't say that's something I've ever heard. Any recommendations for a newbie like me?

:lol: Ha, yeah. Although we seem to be on the same page pretty often...that doesn't appear to be the case with our Rainbow standouts. At least you didn't mention "Finding You", which was the only track to completely miss my chart! "Boots" and "Let 'Em Talk" really don't do anything for you, though?

"Dancing On My Own" is such a modern classic (and of course we totally ignored it here in the US. SMH.)

Tansike wrote:Yes, that may be the easiest way. Or when i'm tipsy :lol:
Drunk karaoke it is! :lol:

I was actually just talking about karaoke over in Jake's thread. I've never tried the kind where you stand up in front of a whole bar - only at the places where you can rent a little private room with a group of friends.

Tansike wrote:It looks like "Havana" may be at least a moderate hit as it's been doing quite 'well' on streaming for a song with no promo (so far). We'll see how it goes, but i guess they will just keep on delaying the album until she gets a hit. Similar with Dua Lipa or Zara Larsson. But yes, "Angel" is great! 8-)
Hmmm...I guess it'll have to rely on streaming, since it's already out of the US iTunes Top 100, and I don't think it has any momentum at radio (if it's even been sent to radio.) Not that I'm TOO disappointed :lol: I mean...I'm not actively rooting against her, like you ;) It's just that none of these singles she's offering up justify leaving 5H...

Tansike wrote:Never heard the deluxe edition tracks... :oops: Anyways, "Love Into The Light" was so different for her at that time, which is why i really liked it.
Never heard One Of The Boys, and apparently even the Warrior bonus tracks aren't worth your time :cry: Sometimes it's as if I don't know you at all, Tancel...

Tansike wrote:The Charlie scenes are probably my faves there :lol: :oops: But good if the video works for many people, somehow it doesn't work for me :(
Shame on Charli for not including any Filipinos, tbh...

Tansike wrote:Overall she never really had a huge smash. Okay, "Boom Clap" was quite a hit in some countries from what i remember, but there never was that one hit, except her feature on Iggy's "Fancy". I'm not following the charts as much as i used to do so i'm not that up-to-date lately, but i think "Boys" is doing quite 'well' in the UK?!
It's currently sitting at its peak of No. 35 in the UK - so still not quite as high as "After The Afterparty" (No. 29), but that does tie it with "Break The Rules." Looks like it's discounted on UK iTunes right now, so hopefully it can still manage a bit higher on the official chart!

Tansike wrote:As much as i love Zara now and her music, i'm kinda 'glad' "So Good" flopped serebecause it was such a weak single choice to go with. But i'm much happier now that she got another smash with "Symphony", and now she's at a point where she can release whatever she wants, it would flop (i mean from the current album). She needs to record something new and come back hard in 2018 (except when she gets a sudden hit like Dua did with "New Rules"... maybe with "Only You"? 8-) *onecandream* )
**Fingers and toes crossed** ;)

Tansike wrote:Great debut for Fifth Harmony's new track! I think "Angel" is slightly better than "Down" for now, but i can see this being much better for me with time, as i got over "Down" quicker than i thought. I'm more excited for their album than i thought i'd be now...
I had the exact same experience with "Down", which is why I'm still a tad reluctant to pick up their album, even though I'm definitely loving "Angel" right now. "He Like That" didn't really click with me on first listen, but I'll still give that one some more tries.

Tansike wrote:Brilliant entry for "Boots", which is my second favorite song of "Rainbow" 8-) This MUST be a single at some point. Such a great tune. "Praying" keeps on being my favorite one, so glad to see that one back on your charts (and being certified with Gold) :D Overall her album is stronger than expected. "Hunt You Down" would be my third fave so nice it made your charts too, unfortunately - as much as i love Dolly - but that collabo is probably my least favorite one (or the one i'm skipping the most...) :oops:
Really pleased that we're both on-board with "Boots", but poor "Old Flames" :lol: Admittedly, the song does drag on quite a bit, which contributed its tumble on my latest chart...

Tansike wrote:Seemed to be a busy week, and P!nk's new one is great too. Don't know that Marshmello guy (if it's a guy?) but it seems Selena collaborated with him/her... will be interesting to see if it's her next single.
Ha, yeah, Marshmello = male. This is the first thing I've heard from him, though. Are you saying he has a single featuring Selena on the way? Or you read that he produced something for her next album...?

Tansike wrote:"Dancing On My Own" is a lost hit for me, because while i always liked it, it somehow never entered my charts, no idea why. Definitely my favorite track by far from the ones i know by Robyn :)
:o Never even entered? This might be even worse than you snubbing One Of The Boys and the Warrior bonus tracks COMBINED :cry: I'd probably agree about "Dancing On My Own" being my favorite of everything that I've heard from her, but "Be Mine" and "Call Your Girlfriend" aren't far behind...

phoenix98
Legend

Postby phoenix98 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:30 pm

Paulboard Top 30
Chart Date: 08/25/17

• Rachel Platten collects her first-ever No. 1 with "Broken Glass", having previously scored one of the biggest Paulboard hits of 2015 with the No. 2-peaking "Fight Song."

01 (NE) 01 | "Broken Glass" - Rachel Platten | 1 (1)
02 (09) 02 | "Silence" - Marshmello ft. Khalid | 2 (1)
03 (01) 02 | "Angel" - Fifth Harmony | 1 (1) | [G]
04 (NE) 01 | "Reggaetón Lento (Remix)" - CNCO ft. Little Mix | 4
05 (08) 02 | "Hymn" - Kesha | 5
06 (10) 02 | "Learn To Let Go" - Kesha | 6
07 (03) 02 | "Boots" - Kesha | 3
08 (02) 02 | "Lonely Together" - Avicii ft. Rita Ora | 2 (1)
09 (NE) 01 | "Friends" - Justin Bieber ft. BloodPop® | 9
10 (05) 05 | "I Like Me Better" - Lauv | 1 (2) | [P]
11 (NE) 01 | "Younger Now" - Miley Cyrus | 11
12 (RE) 08 | "Swish Swish" - Katy Perry ft. Nicki Minaj | 1 (1) | [G]
13 (06) 02 | "Let 'Em Talk" - Kesha ft. Eagles of Death Metal | 6
14 (13) 06 | "New Rules" - Dua Lipa | 1 (1) | [G]
15 (RE) 03 | "Roulette" - Katy Perry | 9
16 (11) 04 | "Your Song" - Rita Ora | 2 (1) | [G]
17 (16) 05 | "Boys" - Charli XCX | 1 (1) | [G]
18 (15) 10 | "Do Or Die" - Terror Jr | 1 (1) | [P]
19 (04) 02 | "What About Us" - P!nk | 4
20 (RE) 03 | "Pendulum" - Katy Perry | 8
21 (NE) 01 | "Feel It Still" - Portugal. The Man | 21
22 (12) 02 | "Boogie Feet" - Kesha ft. Eagles of Death Metal | 12
23 (RE) 19 | "Shake It Off" - Taylor Swift | 1 (2) | [3xP]
24 (RE) 22 | "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" - Taylor Swift | 1 (2) | [3xP]
25 (RE) 21 | "Mine" - Taylor Swift | 1 (1) | [3xP]
26 (RE) 06 | "Love Story" - Taylor Swift | 13 | [P]
27 (RE) 02 | "Tim McGraw" - Taylor Swift | 22
28 (RE) 05 | "Perfect" - Ed Sheeran | 13
29 (RE) 02 | "Act My Age" - Katy Perry | 26
30 (07) 02 | "Old Flames (Can't Hold A Candle To You)" - Kesha ft. Dolly Parton | 7

[GOLD] = 25+ total plays
[PLAT] = 50+ total plays
phoenix98
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:20 am

Hmm...your #1 is really pleasant, but there's something about it that doesn't wow me...at least not yet anyway. On first listen, I already like it more than "Fight Song," so that should count for something.

I'm a bit over Bieber's overexposure, so despite me liking "Friends," I'm glad that it looks like it won't be a huge smash. Yay for the "Roulette" re-entry. 8-)

It seems that you did the same thing I did, and replayed T-Swizzle's lead singles in anticipation of her most recent release. I love how they're in ascending order from earliest to most recent. Is she like X-Tina who keeps gettin' better? :wink:

01 (NE) 01 | "Broken Glass" - Rachel Platten | 1 (1)
03 (01) 02 | "Angel" - Fifth Harmony | 1 (1) | [G]
05 (08) 02 | "Hymn" - Kesha | 5
09 (NE) 01 | "Friends" - Justin Bieber ft. BloodPop® | 9
10 (05) 05 | "I Like Me Better" - Lauv | 1 (2) | [P]
12 (RE) 08 | "Swish Swish" - Katy Perry ft. Nicki Minaj | 1 (1) | [G]
14 (13) 06 | "New Rules" - Dua Lipa | 1 (1) | [G]
15 (RE) 03 | "Roulette" - Katy Perry | 9
16 (11) 04 | "Your Song" - Rita Ora | 2 (1) | [G]
17 (16) 05 | "Boys" - Charli XCX | 1 (1) | [G]
19 (04) 02 | "What About Us" - P!nk | 4
20 (RE) 03 | "Pendulum" - Katy Perry | 8
23 (RE) 19 | "Shake It Off" - Taylor Swift | 1 (2) | [3xP]
24 (RE) 22 | "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" - Taylor Swift | 1 (2) | [3xP]
25 (RE) 21 | "Mine" - Taylor Swift | 1 (1) | [3xP]
26 (RE) 06 | "Love Story" - Taylor Swift | 13 | [P]
27 (RE) 02 | "Tim McGraw" - Taylor Swift | 22
28 (RE) 05 | "Perfect" - Ed Sheeran | 13

phoenix98 wrote:"New Rules" definitely seems to be a fan-making moment for Dua (especially given its recent ascent to No. 1 in the UK!) Am I correct in recalling that you checked out Dua's album during your recent new-album-listening-streak? Did anything strike you as recommendation-worthy? (Though I vaguely remember you mentioning that it didn't have much to offer beyond the [many] singles...)
Crystal-clear memory, sir. :wink:
"You think your pain and your heartbreak are unprecedented in the history of the world, but then you read." - James Baldwin
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby Fan » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:18 am

phoenix98 wrote:Oh, I Googled him the second you gave me his name ;) Was Nightcrawler your introduction to him? (More importantly, has he done any nude scenes...?)

Ooh...Dutch rap, eh? Can't say that's something I've ever heard. Any recommendations for a newbie like me?

:lol: Ha, yeah. Although we seem to be on the same page pretty often...that doesn't appear to be the case with our Rainbow standouts. At least you didn't mention "Finding You", which was the only track to completely miss my chart! "Boots" and "Let 'Em Talk" really don't do anything for you, though?

"Dancing On My Own" is such a modern classic (and of course we totally ignored it here in the US. SMH.)

It was! And I mean, Jake Gyllenhaal + Riz Ahmed is a pretty good combination for a film, isn't it? :P Haha- I haven't found any nude scenes, a real shame! :o

I have absolutely no idea if you are going to like this, but here are two of my favourite Dutch songs of the year. The first one especially has been a huge smash here. "Boef Habiba" and "I Am Aisha Yeke". Enjoy :lol:

I do like Boots and especially Let 'Em Talk as well, the whole album is pretty good. And I see some of my favourites did even better on your chart this week! Hymn 8-)

It is!! Have you already heard this horrible cover version of this random English dude? Made me so sad. Especially when my friend mentioned she prefers his version :(

Woo for Reggaetón Lento (Remix) in your new update, obsessed with this at the moment. Younger Now is also very lovely. Had to grow on me at first, but I really enjoy it now!
So many Taylor though! :( :( Although, even I have to admit that Love Story is still a lovely song as is Tim McGraw which was the first Taylor song I ever heard and used to love.
Fan
Legend

Postby phoenix98 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:55 pm

Many thanks and much love for the comments! :D

JSparksFan wrote:Hmm...your #1 is really pleasant, but there's something about it that doesn't wow me...at least not yet anyway. On first listen, I already like it more than "Fight Song," so that should count for something.

I'm a bit over Bieber's overexposure, so despite me liking "Friends," I'm glad that it looks like it won't be a huge smash. Yay for the "Roulette" re-entry. 8-)

It seems that you did the same thing I did, and replayed T-Swizzle's lead singles in anticipation of her most recent release. I love how they're in ascending order from earliest to most recent. Is she like X-Tina who keeps gettin' better? :wink:

Crystal-clear memory, sir. :wink:
Ha, it seems like your "WOW" bar has risen increasingly higher over the years...but I can't exactly make much of a case for "Broken Glass" being something exceptional :lol: It's cute, catchy, empowerment pop. I especially love the line that I used for the thread title: "still got knives in my back, so what?"

Not sure if I'd ever grow weary of Bieber exposing himself...but he does seem to be pulling a Riri lately with the glut of guest appearances in addition to his own single. Making the most of this post-Purpose popularity surge, I guess? "Friends" isn't doing much for me, so I won't be too devastated if its underperformance leads to some extra re-tooling time for his next proper era. Also - you deserve 150% of the credit for that "Roulette" re-entry! ;)

The hype was real! The order is just a bit of a chart quirk/technicality, though: when songs have the exact same play count in a week, I rank them from most-recently to least-recently played. Since I'd been playing them in release order, they wound up charting in reverse order :lol: I was just thinking over in JakeP's thread about how I'd rank her lead singles, and although it's still a bit too soon to really know how LWYMMD stacks up against singles I've known for years, it'd probably fall below "Love Story" and "We Are Never...", but above "Mine" and "Tim McGraw." It's a close call with "Shake It Off."

If only it could be that good consistently...

Thanks again, Akini! :D

Fan wrote:It was! And I mean, Jake Gyllenhaal + Riz Ahmed is a pretty good combination for a film, isn't it? :P Haha- I haven't found any nude scenes, a real shame! :o

I have absolutely no idea if you are going to like this, but here are two of my favourite Dutch songs of the year. The first one especially has been a huge smash here. "Boef Habiba" and "I Am Aisha Yeke". Enjoy :lol:

I do like Boots and especially Let 'Em Talk as well, the whole album is pretty good. And I see some of my favourites did even better on your chart this week! Hymn 8-)

It is!! Have you already heard this horrible cover version of this random English dude? Made me so sad. Especially when my friend mentioned she prefers his version :(

Woo for Reggaetón Lento (Remix) in your new update, obsessed with this at the moment. Younger Now is also very lovely. Had to grow on me at first, but I really enjoy it now!

So many Taylor though! :( :( Although, even I have to admit that Love Story is still a lovely song as is Tim McGraw which was the first Taylor song I ever heard and used to love.
Oh, I can imagine them making QUITE the combo in a certain type of "film"...

Well, the first video you posted starts with a shirtless runner, so we're already off to a good start ;) Oh, apparently there's man nips throughout. Huzzah! The chorus/melody is pretty catchy. Ooh...the second one really gets you up-n-movin! I'd gladly take either of these over some of the viral American hip-hop hits of the past couple years.

Ah, yeah, "Hymn" has emerged as the real standout of the album for me. Totally catchy, quotable, and anthemic. <3

I think I gave the iTunes preview of that "Dancing On My Own" cover a quick listen , and was off-put by how slow/dull it sounded. On one hand, it's nice to see such a great track get exposure in SOME way, but it does hurt my heart to see it out-peak/overshadow the epic original in so many markets. :(

"Reggaetón Lento" hooked me surprisingly quickly! When I first read about it, I was a tad disappointed that it probably means we don't get a fifth Glory Days single, and I wasn't massively interested in them just being tacked onto an existing single from a group I'd never heard of before. It's quite infectious, though! "muévete, muévete, muévete..." The video for "Younger Now" really sold me on the song. It starts off pretty slow (like the song itself), but there's so many cute scenes throughout - especially the grand finale!

Hold up. Sad faces for "so much Taylor"? "Used to love"? You...do not like....the musical stylings of...Ms....Taylor...Swift? We've been in sync in so many beautiful ways, this is a pretty shocking, unsettling revelation! :o :cry:

phoenix98
Legend

Postby phoenix98 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:00 pm

Paulboard Top 30
Chart Date: 09/01/17

• Tay catches back up with Carly Rae by scoring her record-tying 16th No. 1 with "Look What You Made Me Do."

01 (NE) 01 | "Look What You Made Me Do" - Taylor Swift | 1 (1) | [G]
02 (01) 02 | "Broken Glass" - Rachel Platten | 1 (1) | [G]
03 (NE) 01 | "Worth It (Perfect)" - Superfruit | 3
04 (11) 02 | "Younger Now" - Miley Cyrus | 4
05 (02) 03 | "Silence" - Marshmello ft. Khalid | 2 (1) | [G]
06 (04) 02 | "Reggaetón Lento (Remix)" - CNCO ft. Little Mix | 4
07 (03) 03 | "Angel" - Fifth Harmony | 1 (1) | [G]
08 (NE) 01 | "He Like That" - Fifth Harmony | 8
09 (NE) 01 | "Imaginary Parties" - Superfruit | 9
10 (NE) 01 | "Vacation" - Superfruit | 10
11 (05) 03 | "Hymn" - Kesha | 5
12 (RE) 05 | "Get Low" - Zedd ft. Liam Payne | 9
13 (RE) 09 | "Malibu" - Miley Cyrus | 1 (1) | [P]
14 (RE) 21 | "I Knew You Were Trouble." - Taylor Swift | 1 (1) | [3xP]
15 (19) 03 | "What About Us" - P!nk | 4
16 (14) 07 | "New Rules" - Dua Lipa | 1 (1) | [P]
17 (NE) 01 | "Sexy Ladies" - Superfruit | 17
18 (24) 23 | "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" - Taylor Swift | 1 (2) | [3xP]
19 (18) 11 | "Do Or Die" - Terror Jr | 1 (1) | [P]
20 (12) 09 | "Swish Swish" - Katy Perry ft. Nicki Minaj | 1 (1) | [G]
21 (RE) 06 | "Body Like A Back Road" - Sam Hunt | 1 (1) | [P]
22 (RE) 09 | "No Promises" - Cheat Codes ft. Demi Lovato | 1 (1) | [P]
23 (NE) 01 | "Bad 4 Us" - Superfruit | 23
24 (NE) 01 | "Tell Me You Love Me" - Demi Lovato | 24
25 (28) 06 | "Perfect" - Ed Sheeran | 13 | [G]
26 (RE) 12 | "State Of Grace" - Taylor Swift | 3 | [2xP]
27 (RE) 16 | "Holy Ground" - Taylor Swift | 1 (1) | [2xP]
28 (RE) 10 | "Starlight" - Taylor Swift | 6 | [P]
29 (RE) 23 | "Red" - Taylor Swift | 1 (1) | [4xP]
30 (RE) 07 | "Slow Hands" - Niall Horan | 6 | [G]

[GOLD] = 25+ total plays
[PLAT] = 50+ total plays
phoenix98
Legend

Postby JakeP » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:11 pm

Hello Paul :D

Snap, crackle and pop! :lol: Another joint #1 for us. Hooray! :P I already knew you were a massive Taylor fan so perhaps this #1 is about as surprising as when Little Mix go to #1 in my chart. :lol: This has been such a big grower on me and the music video definitely helped me really get into the song more. As i posted in my thread, this is a whole new Taylor and i'm kinda intrigued as to what she's gonna bring with the whole Reputation album.

Ahh so Miley managed to climb up? :D I was under the impression this was gonna drop and peak in its first week so this is a pleasant surprise. Typically it goes top 5 here in the same day it exits my top 5. :lol:

I have never heard of Superfruit so i'm also intrigued in who they (i'm guessing it's a group? :oops: ) are. Will do a YouTube search shortly. :wink:

My other faves this week are:

06 (04) 02 | "Reggaetón Lento (Remix)" - CNCO ft. Little Mix | 4
18 (24) 23 | "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" - Taylor Swift | 1 (2) | [3xP]
JakeP
Manager

Postby Fan » Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:10 am

phoenix98 wrote:Oh, I can imagine them making QUITE the combo in a certain type of "film"...

Well, the first video you posted starts with a shirtless runner, so we're already off to a good start ;) Oh, apparently there's man nips throughout. Huzzah! The chorus/melody is pretty catchy. Ooh...the second one really gets you up-n-movin! I'd gladly take either of these over some of the viral American hip-hop hits of the past couple years.

Ah, yeah, "Hymn" has emerged as the real standout of the album for me. Totally catchy, quotable, and anthemic. <3

I think I gave the iTunes preview of that "Dancing On My Own" cover a quick listen , and was off-put by how slow/dull it sounded. On one hand, it's nice to see such a great track get exposure in SOME way, but it does hurt my heart to see it out-peak/overshadow the epic original in so many markets. :(

"Reggaetón Lento" hooked me surprisingly quickly! When I first read about it, I was a tad disappointed that it probably means we don't get a fifth Glory Days single, and I wasn't massively interested in them just being tacked onto an existing single from a group I'd never heard of before. It's quite infectious, though! "muévete, muévete, muévete..." The video for "Younger Now" really sold me on the song. It starts off pretty slow (like the song itself), but there's so many cute scenes throughout - especially the grand finale!

Hold up. Sad faces for "so much Taylor"? "Used to love"? You...do not like....the musical stylings of...Ms....Taylor...Swift? We've been in sync in so many beautiful ways, this is a pretty shocking, unsettling revelation! :o :cry:

I LOVE your way of thinking, my friend :lol: I can already imagine the script for that "film" and it looks very good.

Hahahaha! It's so cool you actually took the time to listen to both tracks (and enjoyed the shirtless man). The second one, especially, is very catchy indeed. And I just love her style as well.

"I know I'm perfect, even though I'm f**ked up" 8-)

Reggaetón Lento is indeed very infectious, it's constantly on repeat for me at the moment. I have to say I'm a big sucker for latin/reggaeton music in general so I'm not surprised I find myself to like this one so much. The girls sound very good on it as well, this sound suits them.

I know!! :cry: I'm so sad, but I cannot stand Taylor. We were doing so well until she came along, so maybe we just shouldn't talk about her anymore and focus more on our common interest of sexy guys (although I have to say, the video for Look What You Made Me Do is pretty incredible!).

He Like That is such a tunee- the video is honestly the sex and I hope it can be a big smash for them. So much better than Down and Angel for me. And nice to see Malibu back again, still not over it.
Fan
Legend

Postby Tansike » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:06 am

phoenix98 wrote:I was actually just talking about karaoke over in Jake's thread. I've never tried the kind where you stand up in front of a whole bar - only at the places where you can rent a little private room with a group of friends.
I’m not sure if I’d be able to stand in front of a whole bar and do karaoke tbh :oops: would you do that?

phoenix98 wrote:Hmmm...I guess it'll have to rely on streaming, since it's already out of the US iTunes Top 100, and I don't think it has any momentum at radio (if it's even been sent to radio.) Not that I'm TOO disappointed :lol: I mean...I'm not actively rooting against her, like you ;) It's just that none of these singles she's offering up justify leaving 5H...
…and now like two weeks later it’s likely to become her first real smash hit as a solo artist :o Smashing on streaming, and iTunes is picking up as well. But that’s a good thing, “Havana” is definitely a nice song and I’m glad it’s a song like this that could be her first real breakthrough hit since she went solo, and not something Major Lazer-ish or generic.

phoenix98 wrote:Never heard One Of The Boys, and apparently even the Warrior bonus tracks aren't worth your time :cry: Sometimes it's as if I don't know you at all, Tancel...
:cry:

phoenix98 wrote:Shame on Charli for not including any Filipinos, tbh...
:lol: no comment, haha…

phoenix98 wrote:I had the exact same experience with "Down", which is why I'm still a tad reluctant to pick up their album, even though I'm definitely loving "Angel" right now. "He Like That" didn't really click with me on first listen, but I'll still give that one some more tries.
…okay, now that the album is out, “Down” grew back on me and I’d pick it as my favorite song of “Fifth Harmony”, with “Angel” being a close second. Did you already check the album out or are you still unsure about it?

phoenix98 wrote:Ha, yeah, Marshmello = male. This is the first thing I've heard from him, though. Are you saying he has a single featuring Selena on the way? Or you read that he produced something for her next album...?
I think I read something where she said she made a collaboration with him, no informations about who features who or if he’s just the producer.

phoenix98 wrote: :o Never even entered? This might be even worse than you snubbing One Of The Boys and the Warrior bonus tracks COMBINED :cry: I'd probably agree about "Dancing On My Own" being my favorite of everything that I've heard from her, but "Be Mine" and "Call Your Girlfriend" aren't far behind...
:cry: Well, back then I didn’t buy that much music as I do today, or better said today it’s easier to check more things out with streaming, and back then I ‘only’ bought physical albums and it was much harder for songs I didn’t own to enter my charts. “Call Your Girlfriend” is definitely also really good though, I still remember that one from back in the days.

…on to the current chart. Wow!! 16 #1 hits for Taylor, now that’s massive! “Look What You Made Me Do” is a deserved top hit and I’m so happy it seems so well received, as I really love it as well. And the video :o Now this is how you release your lead single!

It’s also amazing to see that Rachel Platten was able to debut at #1 a week ago. “Broken Glass” seems so underrated, which is kinda unfair to me, as it’s pop at its best and I love it as well. So yeah, I’m glad the Top2 both are already Gold, that’s quite impressive so fast, isn’t it?

Oh I’m liking the Pentatonix stuff, but the stuff I’ve heard by Superfruit so far doesn’t sound that good to me :( But it looks like you checked them out a bit last week, or did they release an EP or something?
I may try it out as well…

Unexpected climb for Miley, but it’s always good to see her doing well on the charts out there. Unfortunately, “Younger Now” may be a great pop song, but it has nearly zero replay value for me. It looks like that era will be my least favorite from her, and that’s coming from someone who stanned HARD for Miley :cry:

Great debut for “He Like That”, and nice to see Fifth Harmony’s “Angels” doing still good as well.
What’s the reason behind the re-entry for “Get Low”? That seems to be another underrated song, it’s quite catchy!

Love those re-entries for Taylor and nice to see Demi’s “Tell Me You Love Me” debuting :)
Tansike
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:25 am

YES at the new avatar! :o I vaguely remember you having a non-anime avatar before - perhaps it was Mariah (or Taylor) - but this one is pretty epic! 8-)

As for your chart, your #1 is considerably less epic, but here's to hoping "...Ready for It?" unseats it this week. I'm also not impressed with "Younger Now"...so my favourite song in your Top 5 is actually "Broken Glass".

I'm loving all the old Taylor Swift songs. "State of Grace," ah, that one brings back memories of Horacio praising it to the highest of heavens as the most epic song to have been recorded in music history. "Starlight" is just so glossy and fabulous, "Red" is simple but absolutely fantastic. Red was a fantastic album.

21 (RE) 06 | "Body Like A Back Road" - Sam Hunt | 1 (1) | [P]
25 (28) 06 | "Perfect" - Ed Sheeran | 13 | [G]
26 (RE) 12 | "State Of Grace" - Taylor Swift | 3 | [2xP]
27 (RE) 16 | "Holy Ground" - Taylor Swift | 1 (1) | [2xP]
28 (RE) 10 | "Starlight" - Taylor Swift | 6 | [P]

phoenix98 wrote:Ha, it seems like your "WOW" bar has risen increasingly higher over the years...but I can't exactly make much of a case for "Broken Glass" being something exceptional :lol: It's cute, catchy, empowerment pop. I especially love the line that I used for the thread title: "still got knives in my back, so what?"
I think my exploration of some legends' discographies has ruined my standards. You can't listen to True Blue or Butterfly and accept mediocrity in the pop and R&B departments when you know what excellence in those genres sounds like.

phoenix98 wrote:Also - you deserve 150% of the credit for that "Roulette" re-entry! ;)
Aw, yay! 8-)

phoenix98 wrote:The hype was real! The order is just a bit of a chart quirk/technicality, though: when songs have the exact same play count in a week, I rank them from most-recently to least-recently played. Since I'd been playing them in release order, they wound up charting in reverse order :lol: I was just thinking over in JakeP's thread about how I'd rank her lead singles, and although it's still a bit too soon to really know how LWYMMD stacks up against singles I've known for years, it'd probably fall below "Love Story" and "We Are Never...", but above "Mine" and "Tim McGraw." It's a close call with "Shake It Off."
Oh.

phoenix98 wrote:If only it could be that good consistently...
My memory lets me down sometimes, too. I guess with age and greater responsibility, it's hard to keep everything sorted in the proper cabinets, and we all have finite storage capacity, unfortunately. :(
"You think your pain and your heartbreak are unprecedented in the history of the world, but then you read." - James Baldwin
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby phoenix98 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:50 pm

JakeP wrote:Hello Paul :D
Aloha, Jake! :D

JakeP wrote:Snap, crackle and pop! :lol: Another joint #1 for us. Hooray! :P I already knew you were a massive Taylor fan so perhaps this #1 is about as surprising as when Little Mix go to #1 in my chart. :lol: This has been such a big grower on me and the music video definitely helped me really get into the song more. As i posted in my thread, this is a whole new Taylor and i'm kinda intrigued as to what she's gonna bring with the whole Reputation album.
That takes me back! I haven't had Rice Krispies (or a Rice Krispie Treat, more importantly) in forever! (Unless that phrase has an entirely different connotation in the UK...?)

You've got me there :lol: Tay would've had to serve up something pretty disappointing to miss out on that top spot (or somebody else I love would've had to drop an even-MORE-addictive surprise release at the same time.) It (sort of) happened to Tay once before: "Mine" debuted at No. 2 behind Jay Sean's "2012 (It Ain't The End)" (so that was more a case of me being slightly underwhelmed by "Mine" at first. They swapped spots the following week, though.) ;)

JakeP wrote:Ahh so Miley managed to climb up? :D I was under the impression this was gonna drop and peak in its first week so this is a pleasant surprise. Typically it goes top 5 here in the same day it exits my top 5. :lol:
Ha, yeah, songs do often debut at their peak here, since I'll usually spin songs the most when they're brand-new to me. If I liked a song enough to bother downloading it in the first place, it's gonna get at least a couple plays...and if it's really love-at-first-listen, I'll want to play it a lot, so then we've got another No. 1 debut on our hands! Miley definitely has the video to thank for helping to elevate my opinion of "Younger Now." In fact, that was the only song to climb to a new peak on that chart :lol: The latest chart only has one example as well...

JakeP wrote:I have never heard of Superfruit so i'm also intrigued in who they (i'm guessing it's a group? :oops: ) are. Will do a YouTube search shortly. :wink:
Yup! It's two of the members from Pentatonix. I'd actually never paid much attention to PTX, but my bf showed me this cute little promo video that Superfruit did for their first EP, which included clips of all the tracks - and I was sold! The fact that it was only $4.99 for a 7-track EP made the decision even easier. :lol:

Thanks again, Jake! :D

Fan wrote:I LOVE your way of thinking, my friend :lol: I can already imagine the script for that "film" and it looks very good.

Reggaetón Lento is indeed very infectious, it's constantly on repeat for me at the moment. I have to say I'm a big sucker for latin/reggaeton music in general so I'm not surprised I find myself to like this one so much. The girls sound very good on it as well, this sound suits them.

I know!! :cry: I'm so sad, but I cannot stand Taylor. We were doing so well until she came along, so maybe we just shouldn't talk about her anymore and focus more on our common interest of sexy guys (although I have to say, the video for Look What You Made Me Do is pretty incredible!).

He Like That is such a tunee- the video is honestly the sex and I hope it can be a big smash for them. So much better than Down and Angel for me. And nice to see Malibu back again, still not over it.
A script, eh? Does that mean there's actually dialogue in your vision for it...? ;)

I really love that line :D but the only f**ked up thing about you is your failure to properly appreciate Taylor! Oh, well...and the fact that you called "Kids" "an absolute classic, one of the finest pop duets." :x

Ah, is that so? Like Dutch rap, Latin/reggaeton is another genre I've never explored much, so I'd love to hear about your absolute favorites from this category too!

:lol: That's an arrangement I can definitely live with!

Ooh...interesting that "He Like That" is the clear leader in that bunch for you. I like all three, but "He Like That" would actually come in last for me. Regarding "Malibu": ugh, YES! With a lot of the female pop flops this year ("Bon Appétit", "Swish Swish", "Bad Liar"), some sort of case could be made for why the songs themselves just didn't connect with the masses (even though I like three) - but I REALLY don't get why "Malibu" wasn't bigger! It's breezy, catchy, uplifting pop that doesn't sound like a Bangerz leftover or "trendchasing" attempt either. :(

Thanks again, Fan!
phoenix98
Legend

Postby phoenix98 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:55 pm

Tansike wrote:I’m not sure if I’d be able to stand in front of a whole bar and do karaoke tbh :oops: would you do that?
Oh, hell no. :oops:

Well...I say that now...but after a few drinks...and if a song I REALLY loved came on...and a friend dragged me up there together...I guess I should never say never! :lol:

Tansike wrote:…and now like two weeks later it’s likely to become her first real smash hit as a solo artist :o Smashing on streaming, and iTunes is picking up as well. But that’s a good thing, “Havana” is definitely a nice song and I’m glad it’s a song like this that could be her first real breakthrough hit since she went solo, and not something Major Lazer-ish or generic.
:o I did NOT see that coming! I've still got my doubts about the US (since it's still down at No. 70 on iTunes), but that No. 24 -> No. 11 leap on the official UK chart is really something! Good for her...I guess? It's funny - I poked fun at your hatred of her, but now that she's starting to taste some real solo success (besides "Bad Things"), I'm not all that thrilled for her :lol: Of her three releases with herself as the lead, "Havana" is my favorite, at least.

Not here for the random Major Lazor shade, though ;) "Know No Better" >>>>>> all three of Camila's own singles.

Tansike wrote:…okay, now that the album is out, “Down” grew back on me and I’d pick it as my favorite song of “Fifth Harmony”, with “Angel” being a close second. Did you already check the album out or are you still unsure about it?
Nah :lol: I'd pondered it, but then Superfruit stole their thunder, and now the album-purchase-queue is filled with Miley, Taylor, Kelly (and possibly Fergie too.)

Tansike wrote::cry: Well, back then I didn’t buy that much music as I do today, or better said today it’s easier to check more things out with streaming, and back then I ‘only’ bought physical albums and it was much harder for songs I didn’t own to enter my charts. “Call Your Girlfriend” is definitely also really good though, I still remember that one from back in the days.
Ah, yeah, I can't really be TOO hard on you when that's basically the situation that I'm in right now (since I still haven't committed to any streaming service, so if I don't download it, it doesn't chart.) :lol:

Tansike wrote:…on to the current chart. Wow!! 16 #1 hits for Taylor, now that’s massive! “Look What You Made Me Do” is a deserved top hit and I’m so happy it seems so well received, as I really love it as well. And the video :o Now this is how you release your lead single!
Yeah, her team really pulled out all the stops for that first week! (Brilliant) lyric video ready immediately when the song drops, and then premiering the proper video at a major(ish) awards show just a few days later!

Tansike wrote:It’s also amazing to see that Rachel Platten was able to debut at #1 a week ago. “Broken Glass” seems so underrated, which is kinda unfair to me, as it’s pop at its best and I love it as well. So yeah, I’m glad the Top2 both are already Gold, that’s quite impressive so fast, isn’t it?
YES! No idea why radio (and people in general) don't show her more love :cry: If so many people loved "Fight Song", you'd think at least a sizable chunk of them would also like "Stand By You" and now "Broken Glass" too...

It is! She's definitely off to a very strong start (and would've been a multi-week-No. 1 if it wasn't for the Taylor Tornado blowing through...)

Tansike wrote:Oh I’m liking the Pentatonix stuff, but the stuff I’ve heard by Superfruit so far doesn’t sound that good to me :( But it looks like you checked them out a bit last week, or did they release an EP or something? I may try it out as well…
I actually never paid much attention to Pentatonix, but my bf showed me this cute little promo video that Superfruit did for their first EP, which included clips of all the tracks - and I was sold! The fact that it was only $4.99 for a 7-track EP made the decision even easier :lol: It's a bit of an odd situation, since they're releasing two EPs and then combining all the tracks from both for their first full album release. Although I don't regret buying their first EP, I'm not convinced I'll bother with the second...

Tansike wrote:Unexpected climb for Miley, but it’s always good to see her doing well on the charts out there. Unfortunately, “Younger Now” may be a great pop song, but it has nearly zero replay value for me. It looks like that era will be my least favorite from her, and that’s coming from someone who stanned HARD for Miley :cry:
RIP Miley :cry: You'll still give the album a listen, though, yeah? Hopefully there's at least a gem or two hidden on there (since I plan on buying it too :lol: Granted, "Malibu" and "Younger Now" have made a better impression on me than they have on you, so I'm slightly more optimistic about my chances of liking the album overall.)

Tansike wrote:What’s the reason behind the re-entry for “Get Low”? That seems to be another underrated song, it’s quite catchy!
I definitely still like it, and the continued success for "Strip It Down" on the Hot 100 helped put Liam back on my brain. Speaking of the Hot 100, Billboard also did a big feature on Zedd recently, so he was plastered all over their website for a while (and he's so damn cute :oops:), so that put him on my mind too!

JSparksFan wrote:YES at the new avatar! :o I vaguely remember you having a non-anime avatar before - perhaps it was Mariah (or Taylor) - but this one is pretty epic! 8-)

As for your chart, your #1 is considerably less epic, but here's to hoping "...Ready for It?" unseats it this week. I'm also not impressed with "Younger Now"...so my favourite song in your Top 5 is actually "Broken Glass".

I'm loving all the old Taylor Swift songs. "State of Grace," ah, that one brings back memories of Horacio praising it to the highest of heavens as the most epic song to have been recorded in music history. "Starlight" is just so glossy and fabulous, "Red" is simple but absolutely fantastic. Red was a fantastic album.

I think my exploration of some legends' discographies has ruined my standards. You can't listen to True Blue or Butterfly and accept mediocrity in the pop and R&B departments when you know what excellence in those genres sounds like.

Oh.

My memory lets me down sometimes, too. I guess with age and greater responsibility, it's hard to keep everything sorted in the proper cabinets, and we all have finite storage capacity, unfortunately. :(
I'm TRULY touched that you noticed and appreciated this significant shift 8-) The impact of Thriller's tribute is real, and since Kylie herself has only been releasing holiday material for the past couple of years, this is the first time that I've felt inspired to really delve back into her catalog in a while - and I'm loving it!

Wow :o I didn't realize that LWYMMD had slipped quite that much in your estimation (considering that you hadn't been too impressed with "Broken Glass" from the start.) Well...since I definitely plan on picking up a physical copy of reputation when it drops (can't resist that Target exclusive!), I'm holding off on downloading any other tracks (unless she announces an official second single.) LWYMMD does get unseated, though...

Aw. Speaking of Hor, it wasn't until LWYMMD dropped that I learned that he completely disowned Taylor a while back :o It was a legitimately startling, unsettling revelation - partially because I don't think I've ever come across anyone as impassioned about anything (music or otherwise) as he was about Taylor. He dissected and appreciated her tracks on levels that I could barely fathom. RIP swiftie13 :cry: "State Of Grace" is still epic, though, and quite possibly her most perfect album-opener. Similar to what I'd been saying about "Teardrops" (and you'd been saying about YBWM), I used to immediately name Fearless as my favorite Talbum without hesitation...but as I've been revisiting her catalog these past couple weeks, I've realized that Red stands as a VERY serious contender.

So...blame it on M + M, basically? :lol:

:o :lol: DEAD @ you having the absolute perfect GIF for that situation! Hilarity aside, I'd love to hear you elaborate a bit more on what about "Mine" speaks to you so strongly. I do like it, of course, but it's always struck me as an inferior "Love Story" retread (with talk of "bills" thrown in to really emphasize her growth/maturity.) I should probably say "sequel" instead of "retread"...but like most/all sequels, not a patch on the original ;) I guess this says a lot about my attitude/philosophy, though, in that I'd rather stick to the idealized, romanticized world of "Love Story" than the messier, sobering, more realistic world of "Mine." :lol:

The empathy is very much appreciated. <3

phoenix98
Legend

Postby phoenix98 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:30 pm

Paulboard Top 30
Chart Date: 09/08/17

• Maroon 5 do their name proud by collecting their fifth No. 1 with "What Lovers Do." Their prior chart-toppers include "Payphone" (2012), "Maps" (2014), "New Love" (2014), and "Don't Wanna Know" (2016.)

01 (NE) 01 | "What Lovers Do" - Maroon 5 ft. SZA | 1 (1) | [G]
02 (NE) 01 | "Crybaby" - Paloma Faith | 2 (1)
03 (01) 02 | "Look What You Made Me Do" - Taylor Swift | 1 (1) | [G]
04 (03) 02 | "Worth It (Perfect)" - Superfruit | 3
05 (02) 03 | "Broken Glass" - Rachel Platten | 1 (1) | [G]
06 (04) 03 | "Younger Now" - Miley Cyrus | 4
07 (09) 02 | "Imaginary Parties" - Superfruit | 9
08 (06) 03 | "Reggaetón Lento (Remix)" - CNCO ft. Little Mix | 4
09 (05) 04 | "Silence" - Marshmello ft. Khalid | 2 (1) | [G]
10 (RE) 06 | "Paper Dolls" - Kylie Minogue | 2 (1) | [G]
11 (29) 24 | "Red" - Taylor Swift | 1 (1) | [4xP]
12 (12) 06 | "Get Low" - Zedd ft. Liam Payne | 9 | [G]
13 (11) 04 | "Hymn" - Kesha | 5 | [G]
14 (08) 02 | "He Like That" - Fifth Harmony | 8
15 (07) 04 | "Angel" - Fifth Harmony | 1 (1) | [G]
16 (RE) 11 | "Please Stay" - Kylie Minogue | 3 | [P]
17 (RE) 16 | "Only Love Can Hurt Like This" - Paloma Faith | 1 (1) | [P]
18 (RE) 05 | "Tightrope" - Kylie Minogue | 3 | [P]
19 (RE) 03 | "Havana" - Camila Cabello ft. Young Thug | 13
20 (15) 04 | "What About Us" - P!nk | 4
21 (RE) 23 | "Feels So Good" - Kylie Minogue | 1 (1) | [3xP]
22 (RE) 03 | "Did It Again" - Kylie Minogue | 22
23 (RE) 03 | "Give Me Just A Little More Time" - Kylie Minogue | 5 | [G]
24 (RE) 03 | "Come Into My World" - Kylie Minogue | 18
25 (RE) 02 | "Wow" - Kylie Minogue | 24 | [G]
26 (10) 02 | "Vacation" - Superfruit | 10
27 (RE) 02 | "Love At First Sight" - Kylie Minogue | 22 | [G]
28 (RE) 02 | "Chocolate (Radio Mix)" - Kylie Minogue | 21
29 (RE) 02 | "Chocolate" - Kylie Minogue | 20 | [G]
30 (RE) 04 | "Coming Back For You" - Maroon 5 | 3 | [G]

[GOLD] = 25+ total plays
[PLAT] = 50+ total plays
phoenix98
Legend

Postby phoenix98 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:00 pm

Paulboard Top 30
Chart Date: 09/15/17

• Hailee Steinfeld collects her third Paulboard No. 1 with the guest-packed "Let Me Go", which follows in the footsteps of "Rock Bottom" (2016) and "Starving" (2016.)

01 (NE) 01 | "Let Me Go" - Hailee Steinfeld ft. Alesso, Florida Georgia Line, & watt | 1 (1)
02 (01) 02 | "What Lovers Do" - Maroon 5 ft. SZA | 1 (1) | [G]
03 (03) 03 | "Look What You Made Me Do" - Taylor Swift | 1 (1) | [P]
04 (02) 02 | "Crybaby" - Paloma Faith | 2 (1) | [G]
05 (10) 07 | "Paper Dolls" - Kylie Minogue | 2 (1) | [P]
06 (NE) 01 | "Love So Soft" - Kelly Clarkson | 6
07 (05) 04 | "Broken Glass" - Rachel Platten | 1 (1) | [G]
08 (RE) 04 | "Like A Drug" - Kylie Minogue | 8 | [G]
09 (NE) 01 | "Too Good At Goodbyes" - Sam Smith | 9
10 (RE) 35 | "All The Lovers" - Kylie Minogue | 1 (4) | [4xP]
11 (08) 04 | "Reggaetón Lento (Remix)" - CNCO ft. Little Mix | 4 | [G]
12 (04) 03 | "Worth It (Perfect)" - Superfruit | 3 | [G]
13 (17) 17 | "Only Love Can Hurt Like This" - Paloma Faith | 1 (1) | [P]
14 (NE) 01 | "Disco Tits" - Tove Lo | 14
15 (RE) 02 | "Carried Away" - Kylie Minogue | 15
16 (NE) 01 | "Mighty Rivers" - Kylie Minogue | 16
17 (RE) 06 | "I Like Me Better" - Lauv | 1 (2) | [P]
18 (RE) 14 | "Get Outta My Way" - Kylie Minogue | 2 (2) | [2xP]
19 (NE) 01 | "Put Your Hands Up (If You Feel Love) (Pete Hammond Remix Edit)" - Kylie Minogue | 19
20 (09) 05 | "Silence" - Marshmello ft. Khalid | 2 (1) | [G]
21 (NE) 01 | "I Don't Know What It Is" - Kylie Minogue | 21
22 (NE) 01 | "Do It Again" - Kylie Minogue | 22
23 (RE) 02 | "Cherry Bomb" - Kylie Minogue | 16
24 (RE) 08 | "Can't Beat The Feeling" - Kylie Minogue | 11 | [P]
25 (RE) 07 | "Bad Liar" - Selena Gomez | 1 (1) | [P]
26 (13) 05 | "Hymn" - Kesha | 5 | [G]
27 (06) 04 | "Younger Now" - Miley Cyrus | 4
28 (12) 07 | "Get Low" - Zedd ft. Liam Payne | 9 | [G]
29 (RE) 03 | "Never Too Late" - Kylie Minogue | 11 | [G]
30 (RE) 02 | "Wouldn't Change A Thing" - Kylie Minogue | 16

[GOLD] = 25+ total plays
[PLAT] = 50+ total plays
phoenix98
Legend

Postby Fan » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:15 pm

phoenix98 wrote:
Fan wrote:I LOVE your way of thinking, my friend :lol: I can already imagine the script for that "film" and it looks very good.

A script, eh? Does that mean there's actually dialogue in your vision for it...? ;)

I really love that line :D but the only f**ked up thing about you is your failure to properly appreciate Taylor! Oh, well...and the fact that you called "Kids" "an absolute classic, one of the finest pop duets." :x

Ah, is that so? Like Dutch rap, Latin/reggaeton is another genre I've never explored much, so I'd love to hear about your absolute favorites from this category too!

:lol: That's an arrangement I can definitely live with!

Ooh...interesting that "He Like That" is the clear leader in that bunch for you. I like all three, but "He Like That" would actually come in last for me. Regarding "Malibu": ugh, YES! With a lot of the female pop flops this year ("Bon Appétit", "Swish Swish", "Bad Liar"), some sort of case could be made for why the songs themselves just didn't connect with the masses (even though I like three) - but I REALLY don't get why "Malibu" wasn't bigger! It's breezy, catchy, uplifting pop that doesn't sound like a Bangerz leftover or "trendchasing" attempt either. :(

Thanks again, Fan!
Sorry man, I totally forgot to reply to your latest chart :(

Haha- there is some dialogue. But it's mostly action, a lot of action :P The sequal is in the making as well, featuring Chris Pine and Henry Cavill.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: - believe me, there are a lot more f***ed up things about me. But that made me laugh. And you don't like Kids?? I'm not sure if I kind live with that, to be honest :o

I'm really liking Maluma at the moment, he is doing some good things. Have you heard his song with Ricky Martin?

Malibu is brilliant, I still think it did pretty well but should have been so much bigger indeed.

Good to see the brilliant Paloma Faith doing well during the past few weeks. She is amazing and so glad to have her back with this stunning new track. Like A Drug is one of the best songs on X for me and All The Lovers is LOVEEEE.
Fan
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:07 am

Your #1 sounds interesting - and not the "interesting" I sometimes use in a negative sense, but good interesting! The country flavour really adds to the song.

Boo at "Love So Soft" just missing out on the Top 5! :(

"Only Love Can Hurt Like This" is far and away my favourite Paloma Faith song. Just so, so powerful. :cry:

I remember you said you had been playing "Bodak Yellow" trying to hear what Tansike and I heard in it; I guess those plays weren't enough for it to make the cut here. :( #JusticeforCardiB #SupportaQueenonthePrecipiceofHistory #OneMorePlay #TakeasManyPlaysasYouNeedtoStan

01 (NE) 01 | "Let Me Go" - Hailee Steinfeld ft. Alesso, Florida Georgia Line, & watt | 1 (1)
03 (03) 03 | "Look What You Made Me Do" - Taylor Swift | 1 (1) | [P]
06 (NE) 01 | "Love So Soft" - Kelly Clarkson | 6
07 (05) 04 | "Broken Glass" - Rachel Platten | 1 (1) | [G]
09 (NE) 01 | "Too Good At Goodbyes" - Sam Smith | 9
10 (RE) 35 | "All The Lovers" - Kylie Minogue | 1 (4) | [4xP]
13 (17) 17 | "Only Love Can Hurt Like This" - Paloma Faith | 1 (1) | [P]
17 (RE) 06 | "I Like Me Better" - Lauv | 1 (2) | [P]
18 (RE) 14 | "Get Outta My Way" - Kylie Minogue | 2 (2) | [2xP]
19 (NE) 01 | "Put Your Hands Up (If You Feel Love) (Pete Hammond Remix Edit)" - Kylie Minogue | 19
26 (13) 05 | "Hymn" - Kesha | 5 | [G]
27 (06) 04 | "Younger Now" - Miley Cyrus | 4
28 (12) 07 | "Get Low" - Zedd ft. Liam Payne | 9 | [G]

phoenix98 wrote:I'm TRULY touched that you noticed and appreciated this significant shift 8-) The impact of Thriller's tribute is real, and since Kylie herself has only been releasing holiday material for the past couple of years, this is the first time that I've felt inspired to really delve back into her catalog in a while - and I'm loving it!
It's always a wonderful time to revisit the catalogue of one of your all-time faves.

phoenix98 wrote:Wow :o I didn't realize that LWYMMD had slipped quite that much in your estimation (considering that you hadn't been too impressed with "Broken Glass" from the start.) Well...since I definitely plan on picking up a physical copy of reputation when it drops (can't resist that Target exclusive!), I'm holding off on downloading any other tracks (unless she announces an official second single.) LWYMMD does get unseated, though...
I'm actually still expecting Taylor to deliver on the album front. I wasn't crazy about "Shake It Off," but with 1989, she delivered her best LP since Fearless.

phoenix98 wrote:Aw. Speaking of Hor, it wasn't until LWYMMD dropped that I learned that he completely disowned Taylor a while back :o It was a legitimately startling, unsettling revelation - partially because I don't think I've ever come across anyone as impassioned about anything (music or otherwise) as he was about Taylor. He dissected and appreciated her tracks on levels that I could barely fathom. RIP swiftie13 :cry: "State Of Grace" is still epic, though, and quite possibly her most perfect album-opener. Similar to what I'd been saying about "Teardrops" (and you'd been saying about YBWM), I used to immediately name Fearless as my favorite Talbum without hesitation...but as I've been revisiting her catalog these past couple weeks, I've realized that Red stands as a VERY serious contender.
He really did. His passion is something I'll always love him for, and even if it's shifted from Taylor specifically, I'm happy he's still passionate about music generally. I must admit, it warmed my heart to learn that a Rihanna song - RIHANNA! - was his favourite track of 2016. Inside I cried tears of joy.

It'll still be pretty impossible for me to listen to Taylor Swift and not think of Horacio, though. Those two are still linked in my head, especially with certain songs.

Red is fantastic! It was also the peak of Horacio's love for T-Swizzle from what I could tell/felt.

phoenix98 wrote:So...blame it on M + M, basically? :lol:
Essentially. :lol:

phoenix98 wrote: :o :lol: DEAD @ you having the absolute perfect GIF for that situation! Hilarity aside, I'd love to hear you elaborate a bit more on what about "Mine" speaks to you so strongly. I do like it, of course, but it's always struck me as an inferior "Love Story" retread (with talk of "bills" thrown in to really emphasize her growth/maturity.) I should probably say "sequel" instead of "retread"...but like most/all sequels, not a patch on the original ;) I guess this says a lot about my attitude/philosophy, though, in that I'd rather stick to the idealized, romanticized world of "Love Story" than the messier, sobering, more realistic world of "Mine." :lol:
On a superficial note, I love how charming she sounds with the enunciation of You made a rebel of a careless man's careful daughter hook. She almost makes father rhyme with daughter, and that centerpiece of the chorus is just delightful, and wraps the song with a neat little bow.

On a slightly more emotional note, I find it completely endearing the thought of someone loving you to the extent that you're the best thing that's ever been theirs. Loving you more than the books they've read, the shows they've watched, the role models they've idolised, the pets they may have had in their childhood, more than close family and friends. This song basically says that their journey with you marks the highlight of their existence on the planet, and I think that's damn near the most romantic thing I've ever heard. The inclusion of turbulence in the final verse just hits home how all-encompassing the love expressed in the song is.

I think one of my major gripes with "Love Story" is that same idealised/romanticised world of which you speak. Songs mean more when they feel tangible, and "Love Story" is too outside the realm of realism for me to be moved by it.
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby phoenix98 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:50 pm

Fan wrote:Sorry man, I totally forgot to reply to your latest chart :(

Haha- there is some dialogue. But it's mostly action, a lot of action :P The sequal is in the making as well, featuring Chris Pine and Henry Cavill.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: - believe me, there are a lot more f***ed up things about me. But that made me laugh. And you don't like Kids?? I'm not sure if I kind live with that, to be honest :o

I'm really liking Maluma at the moment, he is doing some good things. Have you heard his song with Ricky Martin?

Malibu is brilliant, I still think it did pretty well but should have been so much bigger indeed.

Good to see the brilliant Paloma Faith doing well during the past few weeks. She is amazing and so glad to have her back with this stunning new track. Like A Drug is one of the best songs on X for me and All The Lovers is LOVEEEE.
Ha, noooo worries! Your responses are absolutely worth waiting for. ;)

:lol: I'll leave Part II in your (very capable) hands, since Chris + Henry don't do a whole lot for me (especially Henry), but I can use that time to work on recruiting Nick Jonas + Channing Tatum for Part III...

"A lot more f**ked up things" about you, eh? That's definitely piqued my interest :o In the words of Queen Kylie, you really should "confiiiiiiiide iiinnnnn meeeeeeeee...."

Is that your way of suggesting that you want to include Ricky in one of our projects too? With Maluma? ;) Regarding their musical collaboration, that chorus makes a pretty great first impression!

Yeah, I guess I've been mostly hung up on "Malibu"s Hot 100 (under)performence. It did (barely) dent the Top 10, but didn't last very long overall, especially coming off an era with two MASSIVE hits like "We Can't Stop" and "Wrecking Ball." :cry:

Admittedly, I don't know Paloma's catalog very well :oops: but of the handful of tracks that I've heard, "Only Love..." is the clear standout, for sure! I really liked "Picking Up The Pieces" too, and "30 Minute Love Affair" is definitely noteworthy.

phoenix98
Legend

Postby phoenix98 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:55 pm

JSparksFan wrote:Your #1 sounds interesting - and not the "interesting" I sometimes use in a negative sense, but good interesting! The country flavour really adds to the song.
Agreed! I can't say I ever expected Florida Georgia Line to top my chart...but I definitely never expected to see them on the same track as Hailee Steinfeld and Alesso either! :lol:

JSparksFan wrote:Boo at "Love So Soft" just missing out on the Top 5! :(
;) Stay tuned....

JSparksFan wrote:"Only Love Can Hurt Like This" is far and away my favourite Paloma Faith song. Just so, so powerful. :cry:
Yes! YeS! YES! Like I was just writing to Fan above how I've quite liked some of her other offerings ("Picking Up The Pieces", "30 Minute Love Affair", and now "Crybaby" of course), but "Only Love..." really struck me on a whole 'nother level (and still does!)

JSparksFan wrote:I remember you said you had been playing "Bodak Yellow" trying to hear what Tansike and I heard in it; I guess those plays weren't enough for it to make the cut here. :( #JusticeforCardiB #SupportaQueenonthePrecipiceofHistory #OneMorePlay #TakeasManyPlaysasYouNeedtoStan
I mean...I stopped ranking it at No. 10 on "Your Billboard Hot 100 Top 10"...was that not enough? :lol:

JSparksFan wrote:I'm actually still expecting Taylor to deliver on the album front. I wasn't crazy about "Shake It Off," but with 1989, she delivered her best LP since Fearless.
Yeah, I'd been thinking about that. Although I do like most/all of her lead singles, "Love Story" is the only one I'd consider my favorite track from their respective albums (and Fearless still offers plenty of worthwhile competiton, of course), so I'm quite confident that reputation still has some real gems in store (though I'm still loving LWYMMD anyway. <3)

JSparksFan wrote:He really did. His passion is something I'll always love him for, and even if it's shifted from Taylor specifically, I'm happy he's still passionate about music generally. I must admit, it warmed my heart to learn that a Rihanna song - RIHANNA! - was his favourite track of 2016.
Damn, I really need to contact that boy more. I didn't know about Tay until LWYMMD dropped, and now it's news to me that Rihanna owned his top track of 2016 :o It's probably safe to assume that it wasn't "Work" :wink: so LOTB...?

JSparksFan wrote:On a superficial note, I love how charming she sounds with the enunciation of You made a rebel of a careless man's careful daughter[/i] hook. She almost makes [i]father rhyme with daughter, and that centerpiece of the chorus is just delightful, and wraps the song with a neat little bow.
YES! I was actually a tad underwhelmed by "Mine" when it first dropped all those years ago (so much so that it actually missed out on a No. 1 debut here), but that part...that specific part...really ingrained itself in my mind and kept me coming back to the track to better appreciate it overall.

JSparksFan wrote:On a slightly more emotional note, I find it completely endearing the thought of someone loving you to the extent that you're the best thing that's ever been theirs. Loving you more than the books they've read, the shows they've watched, the role models they've idolised, the pets they may have had in their childhood, more than close family and friends. This song basically says that their journey with you marks the highlight of their existence on the planet, and I think that's damn near the most romantic thing I've ever heard. The inclusion of turbulence in the final verse just hits home how all-encompassing the love expressed in the song is.

I think one of my major gripes with "Love Story" is that same idealised/romanticised world of which you speak. Songs mean more when they feel tangible, and "Love Story" is too outside the realm of realism for me to be moved by it.
How you're not paid to write analyses like these is beyond me! You really make it easy to understand how "Mine" can actually have MORE romantic impact than LS, while still painting a more realistic and relatable story. As you've illustrated: in many ways, calling someone "the best thing that's even been mine" says volumes more than comparing yourselves to Romeo & Juliet (and is far less cliché) :lol: It's hard/near impossible to sever the emotional attachment I've formed with LS over these past (nearly 10) years, but I certainly won't be as quick to disparage "Mine" ever again.

phoenix98
Legend

Postby phoenix98 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:00 pm

Paulboard Top 30
Chart Date: 09/22/17

• Just like her previous Paulboard chart-topper, Hailee Steinfeld's feature-filled "Let Me Go" hangs onto the No. 1 spot for a second week (atop a relatively stagnant overall chart.)

01 (01) 02 | "Let Me Go" - Hailee Steinfeld ft. Alesso, Florida Georgia Line, & watt | 1 (2) | [G]
02 (02) 03 | "What Lovers Do" - Maroon 5 ft. SZA | 1 (1) | [P]
03 (03) 04 | "Look What You Made Me Do" - Taylor Swift | 1 (1) | [P]
04 (04) 03 | "Crybaby" - Paloma Faith | 2 (1) | [G]
05 (06) 02 | "Love So Soft" - Kelly Clarkson | 5
06 (13) 18 | "Only Love Can Hurt Like This" - Paloma Faith | 1 (1) | [P]
07 (07) 05 | "Broken Glass" - Rachel Platten | 1 (1) | [P]
08 (NE) 01 | "If I'm Lucky" - Jason Derülo | 8
09 (11) 05 | "Reggaetón Lento (Remix)" - CNCO ft. Little Mix | 4 | [G]
10 (NE) 01 | "Too Much To Ask" - Niall Horan | 10
11 (RE) 20 | "Starving" - Hailee Steinfeld ft. Grey & Zedd | 1 (2) | [3xP]
12 (10) 36 | "All The Lovers" - Kylie Minogue | 1 (4) | [4xP]
13 (09) 02 | "Too Good At Goodbyes" - Sam Smith | 9
14 (19) 02 | "Put Your Hands Up (If You Feel Love) (Pete Hammond Remix Edit)" - Kylie Minogue | 14
15 (NE) 01 | "Find You" - Nick Jonas | 15
16 (NE) 01 | "You Don't Do It For Me Anymore" - Demi Lovato | 16
17 (RE) 17 | "En La Obscuridad" - Belinda | 1 (1) | [3xP]
18 (16) 02 | "Mighty Rivers" - Kylie Minogue | 16
19 (08) 05 | "Like A Drug" - Kylie Minogue | 8 | [G]
20 (17) 07 | "I Like Me Better" - Lauv | 1 (2) | [P]
21 (RE) 10 | "Heartbeat Song" - Kelly Clarkson | 2 (1) | [P]
22 (RE) 15 | "People Like Us" - Kelly Clarkson | 1 (2) | [2xP]
23 (RE) 14 | "Catch My Breath" - Kelly Clarkson | 1 (1) | [P]
24 (12) 04 | "Worth It (Perfect)" - Superfruit | 3 | [G]
25 (05) 08 | "Paper Dolls" - Kylie Minogue | 2 (1) | [P]
26 (24) 09 | "Can't Beat The Feeling" - Kylie Minogue | 11 | [P]
27 (RE) 05 | "Influence" - Tove Lo ft. Wiz Khalifa | 4 | [G]
28 (RE) 09 | "True Disaster" - Tove Lo | 2 (2) | [P]
29 (18) 15 | "Get Outta My Way" - Kylie Minogue | 2 (2) | [2xP]
30 (26) 06 | "Hymn" - Kesha | 5 | [G]

[GOLD] = 25+ total plays
[PLAT] = 50+ total plays
phoenix98
Legend

Postby JakeP » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:45 pm

Hello Paul :D

01 (01) 02 | "Let Me Go" - Hailee Steinfeld ft. Alesso, Florida Georgia Line, & watt | 1 (2) | [G]

So this song completely passed me by last week. :oops: I saw it #1 here and also top 20 in Tansike's chart so was intrigued. I wasn't a big fan of Most girls so wasn't sure what to expect. I gave Let me go a listen and liked it a lot. It didn't grab me in the way Starving did but i'm sure you'll be delighted to know this is due to enter my chart today. :wink:

02 (02) 03 | "What Lovers Do" - Maroon 5 ft. SZA | 1 (1) | [P]

Despite exiting my chart from #10 last week i can see this returning at some point. It's starting to get a fair bit of airplay on the music channels so even next week it could be back. :P

03 (03) 04 | "Look What You Made Me Do" - Taylor Swift | 1 (1) | [P]

Still like this and is always boosted by the music video but for a #1 in my chart its looking set to have a relatively short run. :(

04 (04) 03 | "Crybaby" - Paloma Faith | 2 (1) | [G]

Just like Maroon 5, i can see this returning to my chart in the coming weeks. It's not completely off my radar and i'm sure a music video would have some effect.

09 (11) 05 | "Reggaetón Lento (Remix)" - CNCO ft. Little Mix | 4 | [G]

Speaking of music videos, this one dropped earlier in the week and has helped CNCO & Little Mix to rise back into my top 10. A shame that the video couldn't have been a bit more excited but it does the job nicely. :P

10 (NE) 01 | "Too Much To Ask" - Niall Horan | 10

Aww it's my lovely Niall. <3 I've been so impressed with his album and i really do think it's gonna be a big success for him. You'll probably know whether he's #1 in my chart by the time you read this so... :wink:

13 (09) 02 | "Too Good At Goodbyes" - Sam Smith | 9

So after being #9 in the trio of charts that is JakeP, Paulboard and Tansike it appears that mine is the only chart where Sam climbs. :oops: Nice to be different. :lol:

15 (NE) 01 | "Find You" - Nick Jonas | 15

This is a nice pleasant song and is also better than Remember i told you, but Nick's gonna have to pull out the stops if he wants to better the success of Jealous.
JakeP
Manager

Postby stevyy » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:48 pm

hi love, I'm so happy to see Nick Jonas debut. 8-)
stevyy
Legend

Postby Tansike » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:17 am

phoenix98 wrote:Well...I say that now...but after a few drinks...and if a song I REALLY loved came on...and a friend dragged me up there together...I guess I should never say never! :lol:
Same for me :lol:

phoenix98 wrote: :o I did NOT see that coming! I've still got my doubts about the US (since it's still down at No. 70 on iTunes), but that No. 24 -> No. 11 leap on the official UK chart is really something! Good for her...I guess? It's funny - I poked fun at your hatred of her, but now that she's starting to taste some real solo success (besides "Bad Things"), I'm not all that thrilled for her :lol: Of her three releases with herself as the lead, "Havana" is my favorite, at least.

Not here for the random Major Lazor shade, though ;) "Know No Better" >>>>>> all three of Camila's own singles.
Wow that’s VERY interesting, cause I’m starting to ‘like’ her. Well, I can live with her, that’s already a plus :oops: Do you know why it’s that way – especially since “Havana” is also your favorite song by her so far?

phoenix98 wrote:Nah :lol: I'd pondered it, but then Superfruit stole their thunder, and now the album-purchase-queue is filled with Miley, Taylor, Kelly (and possibly Fergie too.)
Poor Fifth Harmony. Scoring so many hits yet they still didn’t convince you to check out their album :(

phoenix98 wrote:Ah, yeah, I can't really be TOO hard on you when that's basically the situation that I'm in right now (since I still haven't committed to any streaming service, so if I don't download it, it doesn't chart.) :lol:
You’re still downloading everything? :o

phoenix98 wrote:Yeah, her team really pulled out all the stops for that first week! (Brilliant) lyric video ready immediately when the song drops, and then premiering the proper video at a major(ish) awards show just a few days later!
She still owns the best team in the business :cool:

phoenix98 wrote:YES! No idea why radio (and people in general) don't show her more love :cry: If so many people loved "Fight Song", you'd think at least a sizable chunk of them would also like "Stand By You" and now "Broken Glass" too...

It is! She's definitely off to a very strong start (and would've been a multi-week-No. 1 if it wasn't for the Taylor Tornado blowing through...)
Yes… also because it sounds really radiofriendly and ‘current’, like, if Sia would have released this it would be a smash hit for sure. Poor Rachel.

I hope it also will show a nice longevity, and looking at the latest chart she also does, which is well deserved <3

phoenix98 wrote:I actually never paid much attention to Pentatonix, but my bf showed me this cute little promo video that Superfruit did for their first EP, which included clips of all the tracks - and I was sold! The fact that it was only $4.99 for a 7-track EP made the decision even easier :lol: It's a bit of an odd situation, since they're releasing two EPs and then combining all the tracks from both for their first full album release. Although I don't regret buying their first EP, I'm not convinced I'll bother with the second...
Interesting release strategy indeed. This kinda already means the album will flop, no? I didn’t check out more from them now so far, simply because everything I’ve heard from this project left me cold, and with the busy release schedule in the upcoming weeks I’m kinda afraid I’ll never fully check them out to be really honest… :oops:

phoenix98 wrote:RIP Miley :cry: You'll still give the album a listen, though, yeah? Hopefully there's at least a gem or two hidden on there (since I plan on buying it too :lol: Granted, "Malibu" and "Younger Now" have made a better impression on me than they have on you, so I'm slightly more optimistic about my chances of liking the album overall.)
Of course I will, she’s still one of my faves! But she will have a hard time to get another #1 album on my charts as she’s competing with so many other artists next week. Oh well, there’s still hope, and as you say I’m also quite sure the album will contain some gems which weren’t revealed yet. And don’t get me wrong, I really like both songs, but both didn’t have a big replay value, especially “Younger Now”, which is really new to me when it comes to Miley.

phoenix98 wrote:I definitely still like it, and the continued success for "Strip It Down" on the Hot 100 helped put Liam back on my brain. Speaking of the Hot 100, Billboard also did a big feature on Zedd recently, so he was plastered all over their website for a while (and he's so damn cute :oops:), so that put him on my mind too!
Ah interesting. And don’t worry, I agree about him being so damn cute! :)
Tansike
Legend

Return to Personal Charts