Paulboard Top 30 | 11.17.17 | believed in the fictional...

Moderators: tdc2000, FreakyFlyBry

Postby Tansike » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:19 am

I hope you don’t mind when I’m doing it in two posts this week, as I missed two weeks and otherwise my post would be sooooooo long :)

What I missed…

phoenix98 wrote:02 (NE) 01 | "Crybaby" - Paloma Faith | 2 (1)
03 (01) 02 | "Look What You Made Me Do" - Taylor Swift | 1 (1) | [G]
05 (02) 03 | "Broken Glass" - Rachel Platten | 1 (1) | [G]
06 (04) 03 | "Younger Now" - Miley Cyrus | 4
11 (29) 24 | "Red" - Taylor Swift | 1 (1) | [4xP]
12 (12) 06 | "Get Low" - Zedd ft. Liam Payne | 9 | [G]
13 (11) 04 | "Hymn" - Kesha | 5 | [G]
14 (08) 02 | "He Like That" - Fifth Harmony | 8
15 (07) 04 | "Angel" - Fifth Harmony | 1 (1) | [G]
17 (RE) 16 | "Only Love Can Hurt Like This" - Paloma Faith | 1 (1) | [P]
19 (RE) 03 | "Havana" - Camila Cabello ft. Young Thug | 13
20 (15) 04 | "What About Us" - P!nk | 4
25 (RE) 02 | "Wow" - Kylie Minogue | 24 | [G]
Probably no surprise to see me liking these. Well, Paloma is a nice one but as I said over in my topic, she’s still far from being one of my faves and she has yet to release something which really blows me away.

phoenix98 wrote:01 (NE) 01 | "Let Me Go" - Hailee Steinfeld ft. Alesso, Florida Georgia Line, & watt | 1 (1)
06 (NE) 01 | "Love So Soft" - Kelly Clarkson | 6
09 (NE) 01 | "Too Good At Goodbyes" - Sam Smith | 9
10 (RE) 35 | "All The Lovers" - Kylie Minogue | 1 (4) | [4xP]
14 (NE) 01 | "Disco Tits" - Tove Lo | 14
18 (RE) 14 | "Get Outta My Way" - Kylie Minogue | 2 (2) | [2xP]
25 (RE) 07 | "Bad Liar" - Selena Gomez | 1 (1) | [P]
Only quoting the new/re-entries on the 2nd week I missed.

Brilliant #1! “Let Me Go” already made a good impression on me on its first week however since then it’s growing on me even more, and now I can easily say that it’s Hailee’s best release to date (for me, at least). This is such a great pop anthem, easy and fun to sing along and the lyrics are really cute as well.
I hope she will release an album soon as she already released many interesting songs, and it seems like she’s becoming a big force on your personal charts :wink:

“Love So Soft” is a strong comeback for Kelly! Definitely a better lead single than “Heartbeat Song” IMO. Such a catchy, cheerful pop song, with a surprisingly strong video – it’s actually one of my favorite videos this year! The scenes with the yellow dress are simply stunning!
Fingers crossed she gets success with it.

Sam’s song was beautiful on the first week, however I got over it quite fast. My partner discovered it on my playlist yesterday and he immediately loved it, so maybe there’s a chance I may be back into it soon as well :lol:

“Disco Tits” was cute but I felt it was also a disappointing return for Tove Lo… I mean, the stuff from her first two albums were really good, so I expected more :oops:

What caused the “Bad Liar” re-entry? :D

phoenix98 wrote:01 (01) 02 | "Let Me Go" - Hailee Steinfeld ft. Alesso, Florida Georgia Line, & watt | 1 (2) | [G]
03 (03) 04 | "Look What You Made Me Do" - Taylor Swift | 1 (1) | [P]
04 (04) 03 | "Crybaby" - Paloma Faith | 2 (1) | [G]
05 (06) 02 | "Love So Soft" - Kelly Clarkson | 5
06 (13) 18 | "Only Love Can Hurt Like This" - Paloma Faith | 1 (1) | [P]
07 (07) 05 | "Broken Glass" - Rachel Platten | 1 (1) | [P]
10 (NE) 01 | "Too Much To Ask" - Niall Horan | 10
11 (RE) 20 | "Starving" - Hailee Steinfeld ft. Grey & Zedd | 1 (2) | [3xP]
12 (10) 36 | "All The Lovers" - Kylie Minogue | 1 (4) | [4xP]
13 (09) 02 | "Too Good At Goodbyes" - Sam Smith | 9
15 (NE) 01 | "Find You" - Nick Jonas | 15
21 (RE) 10 | "Heartbeat Song" - Kelly Clarkson | 2 (1) | [P]
22 (RE) 15 | "People Like Us" - Kelly Clarkson | 1 (2) | [2xP]
23 (RE) 14 | "Catch My Breath" - Kelly Clarkson | 1 (1) | [P]
27 (RE) 05 | "Influence" - Tove Lo ft. Wiz Khalifa | 4 | [G]
28 (RE) 09 | "True Disaster" - Tove Lo | 2 (2) | [P]
29 (18) 15 | "Get Outta My Way" - Kylie Minogue | 2 (2) | [2xP]
30 (26) 06 | "Hymn" - Kesha | 5 | [G]
Now on to the current chart…
Quoting everything again now…

So, glad “Let Me Go” defends the top spot. Well deserved!
My most favorite entry from all new ones is definitely “Find You”. My expectations on new Nick were really low since “Remember I Told You” was so weak, however he surprised me a lot with “Find You”. Nice pop tune, and probably his best single since “Chains” (or “Jealous”, depends on which the second single was :lol: ) :cool:

Niall’s song is quite beautiful but has zero replay value for me, so this makes it harder to really grow on me more or so.

Love some of these ‘old’ re-entries for Kelly, Hailee and Tove Lo. That new single effect seems quite huge this week :D
Tansike
Legend

Postby Fan » Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:17 am

phoenix98 wrote:Many thanks and much love for the comments! :D

Fan wrote:Sorry man, I totally forgot to reply to your latest chart :(

Haha- there is some dialogue. But it's mostly action, a lot of action :P The sequal is in the making as well, featuring Chris Pine and Henry Cavill.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: - believe me, there are a lot more f***ed up things about me. But that made me laugh. And you don't like Kids?? I'm not sure if I kind live with that, to be honest :o

I'm really liking Maluma at the moment, he is doing some good things. Have you heard his song with Ricky Martin?

Malibu is brilliant, I still think it did pretty well but should have been so much bigger indeed.

Good to see the brilliant Paloma Faith doing well during the past few weeks. She is amazing and so glad to have her back with this stunning new track. Like A Drug is one of the best songs on X for me and All The Lovers is LOVEEEE.
Ha, noooo worries! Your responses are absolutely worth waiting for. ;)

:lol: I'll leave Part II in your (very capable) hands, since Chris + Henry don't do a whole lot for me (especially Henry), but I can use that time to work on recruiting Nick Jonas + Channing Tatum for Part III...

"A lot more f**ked up things" about you, eh? That's definitely piqued my interest :o In the words of Queen Kylie, you really should "confiiiiiiiide iiinnnnn meeeeeeeee...."

Is that your way of suggesting that you want to include Ricky in one of our projects too? With Maluma? ;) Regarding their musical collaboration, that chorus makes a pretty great first impression!

Yeah, I guess I've been mostly hung up on "Malibu"s Hot 100 (under)performence. It did (barely) dent the Top 10, but didn't last very long overall, especially coming off an era with two MASSIVE hits like "We Can't Stop" and "Wrecking Ball." :cry:

Admittedly, I don't know Paloma's catalog very well :oops: but of the handful of tracks that I've heard, "Only Love..." is the clear standout, for sure! I really liked "Picking Up The Pieces" too, and "30 Minute Love Affair" is definitely noteworthy.

Thanks again, Fan! :D
:o :o
I mean, I can forgive you for liking Taylor.. But no to Henry and my husband Chris?? That's taking things too far my friend :lol:
But yeah, you can make part three on your own as I really dislike both Nick and Channing. So let's just team up for part 4 again. Any suggestions? :P

Hahahaha. I'm not sure if I should put that up on a public forum :lol: :lol:

Hmm, sounds like quite a good idea. Ricky x Maluma isn't a bad idea to think about to be honest. The chorus is soo catchy!!

True, but she did change her style quite a lot and the musical landscape has changed. Curious to see how her album will perform!

You should check out 'Leave While I'm Not Looking', I'm quite the Paloma fan- even saw her live- and that is one of her best tracks in my opinion. 'Picking Up The Pieces' is a tuneeee as well so good to know you like that one!

I'm not that familiar with most of your new entries, should check out a few. But that new Kelly song is pretty decent.
i wanna see you on your knees, wanna see you begging
Fan
Legend

Postby phoenix98 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:55 pm

Many thanks and much love for all the comments! :D

JakeP wrote:Hello Paul :D

So this song completely passed me by last week. :oops: I saw it #1 here and also top 20 in Tansike's chart so was intrigued. I wasn't a big fan of Most girls so wasn't sure what to expect. I gave Let me go a listen and liked it a lot. It didn't grab me in the way Starving did but i'm sure you'll be delighted to know this is due to enter my chart today. :wink:

Despite exiting my chart from #10 last week i can see this returning at some point. It's starting to get a fair bit of airplay on the music channels so even next week it could be back. :P

Still like this and is always boosted by the music video but for a #1 in my chart its looking set to have a relatively short run. :(

Aww it's my lovely Niall. <3 I've been so impressed with his album and i really do think it's gonna be a big success for him. You'll probably know whether he's #1 in my chart by the time you read this so... :wink:

So after being #9 in the trio of charts that is JakeP, Paulboard and Tansike it appears that mine is the only chart where Sam climbs. :oops: Nice to be different. :lol:

This is a nice pleasant song and is also better than Remember i told you, but Nick's gonna have to pull out the stops if he wants to better the success of Jealous.
Hey Jake :D

Ha, yeah, "Let Me Go" is doing MUCH for me than "Most Girls" (which never even made my chart) :lol: I can appreciate the message she was trying to send with that "Most Girls", but I think it got muddled a bit in its transition from idea/philosophy to pop song. I don't expect "Let Me Go" to do quite as well as "Starving" did overall here either, but at least it's already WELL surpassed "Most Girls." ;)

Perhaps a video boost for "What Lovers Do" too? **Fingers crossed**

Aw :( Although I'm a bit bummed to hear that about LWYMMD, it's not TOO shocking, since it's been fading pretty quickly on quite a few official charts too. Hopefully she's got something in store with higher replay/lower burnout for Single #2 (assuming they don't just shift focus to "...Ready For It?")

:lol: You're exactly right about me having seen Niall's JakeP achievement already, and a huge "CONGRATS!" to him for that!

Ha, for sure, and the fact that "Too Good At Goodbyes" started in the exact same position on all three of our charts makes its varying trajectories from that point forward even more interesting to follow! I still like it/him well enough, it just doesn't do quite enough for him to avoid getting over-shadowed. He'd probably still appear for a while if this were a Top 50...or Top 100...

:( Yeah, although I appreciate his effort to mix up his sound a bit, I don't see "Find You" having a very bright future here. The sound may be different, but its failure to really stick with me is right in line with "Remember I Told You."

Thanks again, Jake! :D

stevyy wrote:hi love, I'm so happy to see Nick Jonas debut. 8-)
Hey stevyy! Many thanks for stopping by! :D

Nick. is. SO. fit :oops: If only his recent releases did as much for me as his bawdy does :lol: Both "Remember I Told You" and "Find You" fall into this "fine/OK/likable-but-also-pretty-instantly-forgettable" category for me. His biggest Paulboard hit to date has been "Levels" (No. 4 peak, 9 weeks total), though "Jealous" did pretty well too (No. 10 peak, 9 weeks total.)

Thanks again, stevyy! :D
phoenix98
Legend

Postby phoenix98 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:55 pm

Tansike wrote:Wow that’s VERY interesting, cause I’m starting to ‘like’ her. Well, I can live with her, that’s already a plus :oops: Do you know why it’s that way – especially since “Havana” is also your favorite song by her so far?
Hmmm...it's probably partially about me just not wanting to be wrong, since I'd been thinking her chances at solo stardom weren't looking so good after "Crying In The Club" and "I Have Questions" never blew up (and even "Havana" and "OMG" didn't seem to get much attention when they first dropped at the beginning of August.) I also still feel like none of the material she's given us is enjoyable enough to justify leaving Fifth Harmony at such a crucial time for the group. I'm not TOO bothered - certainly not rooting against "Havana" - just not all that thrilled to see her finally taking off either. **Shrugs**

Tansike wrote:Poor Fifth Harmony. Scoring so many hits yet they still didn’t convince you to check out their album :(
:lol: If only I'd bought an album or two of theirs, it might've convinced Camila to stay...

Tansike wrote:You’re still downloading everything? :o
Ha, yeah, though the appeal of streaming grows stronger with each week. I actually briefly checked out Spotify's free service, but apparently you can't pick the exact songs you want to hear on mobile and can only use their "shuffle play" feature on-the-go? I guess that's not TOO shocking, since it's their free tier, but I thought that just meant I'd have to sit through ads more often. It looks like Spotify Premium is only $7-8/month (which is still less than buying just one album), but I'm still a tad reluctant to make that commitment/a little worried about Scrobbles. Although downloading individual new songs I'd like to hear is kind of time consuming and tedious, I do still enjoy the ritual of heading out to stores to pick up new albums I've been anticipating.

Tansike wrote:Yes… also because it sounds really radiofriendly and ‘current’, like, if Sia would have released this it would be a smash hit for sure. Poor Rachel.

I hope it also will show a nice longevity, and looking at the latest chart she also does, which is well deserved <3
I really don't get radio sometimes :x Well, most of the time...

Yeah! It's actually doing as well as/even slightly better than "Fight Song" was at this point:

"Fight Song" = *2* - 7 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 5 -
"Broken Glass" = *1* - 2 - 5 - 7 - 7 - 6 -

Tansike wrote:Interesting release strategy indeed. This kinda already means the album will flop, no? I didn’t check out more from them now so far, simply because everything I’ve heard from this project left me cold, and with the busy release schedule in the upcoming weeks I’m kinda afraid I’ll never fully check them out to be really honest… :oops:
:lol: Probably...but I don't think their chances at chart mega-success were terribly high anyway, and this approach does give the fans a more constant stream of new content over an extended period of time, which is different/interesting.

Tansike wrote:I hope you don’t mind when I’m doing it in two posts this week, as I missed two weeks and otherwise my post would be sooooooo long :)
Ha, noooo worries! You comment however you like. I very much appreciate it. <3

Tansike wrote:Brilliant #1! “Let Me Go” already made a good impression on me on its first week however since then it’s growing on me even more, and now I can easily say that it’s Hailee’s best release to date (for me, at least). This is such a great pop anthem, easy and fun to sing along and the lyrics are really cute as well.
REALLY pleased to hear its made that big of an impact on you, and I'm really looking forward to watching it become her biggest Tansike hit to date!

Tansike wrote:“Love So Soft” is a strong comeback for Kelly! Definitely a better lead single than “Heartbeat Song” IMO. Such a catchy, cheerful pop song, with a surprisingly strong video – it’s actually one of my favorite videos this year! The scenes with the yellow dress are simply stunning! Fingers crossed she gets success with it.
It's funny - if you asked my opinion of "Heartbeat Song", I'd probably say it was nothing special/one of her weakest lead singles ever...but I've actually played it quite a bit :lol: It never made that "OMG! TOTALLY LOVE IT!" MUST PUT ON REPEAT NOWWWW!" impact, but it still managed to stick with me for quite a while.

Tansike wrote:Sam’s song was beautiful on the first week, however I got over it quite fast. My partner discovered it on my playlist yesterday and he immediately loved it, so maybe there’s a chance I may be back into it soon as well :lol:
:lol: Definitely curious to see how much of an impact he'll have! For better or worse, no one in my life is terribly enthusiastic about "Too Good At Goodbyes", so Sam won't be reaping that same benefit here...

Tansike wrote:“Disco Tits” was cute but I felt it was also a disappointing return for Tove Lo… I mean, the stuff from her first two albums were really good, so I expected more :oops:
Agreed :oops: but I keep reminding myself how I never got truly hooked on "Cool Girl" before she served up the brilliant "True Disaster", so hopefully she has an equivalent ready after "Disco Tits"...

Tansike wrote:What caused the “Bad Liar” re-entry? :D
I think that's the week her kidney transplant was all over the news...

Tansike wrote:My most favorite entry from all new ones is definitely “Find You”. My expectations on new Nick were really low since “Remember I Told You” was so weak, however he surprised me a lot with “Find You”. Nice pop tune, and probably his best single since “Chains” (or “Jealous”, depends on which the second single was :lol: ) :cool:
:o I didn't expect "Find You" to become such a hit for you, but it's nice to see it making such a big impact on somebody, at least! :lol:

Tansike wrote:Niall’s song is quite beautiful but has zero replay value for me, so this makes it harder to really grow on me more or so.
It's definitely sweet, and has some really lovely moments (especially in the chorus), but "Slow Hands" still stands apart as my clear favorite from him so far.

Thanks again, Tansike! :D

Fan wrote: :o :o I mean, I can forgive you for liking Taylor.. But no to Henry and my husband Chris?? That's taking things too far my friend :lol: But yeah, you can make part three on your own as I really dislike both Nick and Channing. So let's just team up for part 4 again. Any suggestions? :P

Hahahaha. I'm not sure if I should put that up on a public forum :lol: :lol:

True, but she did change her style quite a lot and the musical landscape has changed. Curious to see how her album will perform!

You should check out 'Leave While I'm Not Looking', I'm quite the Paloma fan- even saw her live- and that is one of her best tracks in my opinion. 'Picking Up The Pieces' is a tuneeee as well so good to know you like that one!

I'm not that familiar with most of your new entries, should check out a few. But that new Kelly song is pretty decent.
:o :x :lol: Well now I'm a bit nervous for Part 4, since our sexual synchronicity seems to be quite out of whack lately! Did Star Trek really sell you on Mr. Pine, or...? I mean, it's probably for the best that I don't want to share your husband anyway, right...? Though now that I think about it... :wink:

My PM box is always open for you <3 Especially since just you keep racheting up my curiousity with all of these ominous posts…

True that, but it seemed like she was doing just the right transition to fit into this new landscape, and yet people are still giving her the sudden cold shoulder. :(

Your song suggestions are always top-notch, sir! How was she live?? Could she pull off “Only Love Can Hurt Like This”…? :o

phoenix98
Legend

Postby phoenix98 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:00 pm

Paulboard Top 30
Chart Date: 09/29/17

• DJ Snake earns his first-ever Paulboard No. 1 (with a little help from former chart-topper Lauv), as "A Different Way" debuts at No. 1 and unseats two-week-champ "Let Me Go."

TW | LW | WKS ON | TITLE | ARTIST | PEAK | CERT

01 (NE) 01 | "A Different Way" - DJ Snake ft. Lauv | 1 (1)
02 (02) 04 | "What Lovers Do" - Maroon 5 ft. SZA | 1 (1) | [P]
03 (01) 03 | "Let Me Go" - Hailee Steinfeld ft. Alesso, Florida Georgia Line, & watt | 1 (2) | [G]
04 (03) 05 | "Look What You Made Me Do" - Taylor Swift | 1 (1) | [P]
05 (10) 02 | "Too Much To Ask" - Niall Horan | 5
06 (07) 06 | "Broken Glass" - Rachel Platten | 1 (1) | [P]
07 (08) 02 | "If I'm Lucky" - Jason Derülo | 7
08 (NE) 01 | "DNA" - BTS | 8
09 (NE) 01 | "Enchanté (Carine)" - Fergie ft. Axl Jack | 9
10 (05) 03 | "Love So Soft" - Kelly Clarkson | 5
11 (RE) 08 | "Slow Hands" - Niall Horan | 6 | [G]
12 (11) 21 | "Starving" - Hailee Steinfeld ft. Grey & Zedd | 1 (2) | [3xP]
13 (NE) 01 | "Kleopatra" - Fergie | 13
14 (28) 10 | "True Disaster" - Tove Lo | 2 (2) | [P]
15 (NE) 01 | "Love Is Blind" - Fergie | 15
16 (NE) 01 | "Love Is Pain" - Fergie | 16
17 (NE) 01 | "Tension" - Fergie | 17
18 (06) 19 | "Only Love Can Hurt Like This" - Paloma Faith | 1 (1) | [2xP]
19 (04) 04 | "Crybaby" - Paloma Faith | 2 (1) | [G]
20 (NE) 01 | "Whatever It Takes" - Imagine Dragons | 20
21 (NE) 01 | "Life Goes On" - Fergie | 21
22 (22) 16 | "People Like Us" - Kelly Clarkson | 1 (2) | [2xP]
23 (20) 08 | "I Like Me Better" - Lauv | 1 (2) | [P]
24 (NE) 01 | "This Town" - Niall Horan | 24
25 (RE) 04 | "Shocked (DNA Mix)" - Kylie Minogue | 5 | [G]
26 (RE) 03 | "What Do I Have To Do (7" Mix)" - Kylie Minogue | 6 | [G]
27 (15) 02 | "Find You" - Nick Jonas | 15
28 (NE) 01 | "You Already Know" - Fergie ft. Nicki Minaj | 28
29 (23) 15 | "Catch My Breath" - Kelly Clarkson | 1 (1) | [P]
30 (21) 11 | "Heartbeat Song" - Kelly Clarkson | 2 (1) | [P]

[GOLD] = 25+ total plays
[PLAT] = 50+ total plays
phoenix98
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:45 am

I went apprehensively into playing your #1, wary of the fact that DJ Snake's name isn't attached to any song I consider better than average, but this is definitely the best track he's been involved in. You really seem to be smitten by Lauv. This is the second big song he's had on Paulboard.

YES at "Whatever It Takes" debuting! Niall's "Too Much to Ask" is definitely the best song I've heard from him thus far.

03 (01) 03 | "Let Me Go" - Hailee Steinfeld ft. Alesso, Florida Georgia Line, & watt | 1 (2) | [G]
07 (08) 02 | "If I'm Lucky" - Jason Derülo | 7
10 (05) 03 | "Love So Soft" - Kelly Clarkson | 5
20 (NE) 01 | "Whatever It Takes" - Imagine Dragons | 20
29 (23) 15 | "Catch My Breath" - Kelly Clarkson | 1 (1) | [P]

phoenix98 wrote:Agreed! I can't say I ever expected Florida Georgia Line to top my chart...but I definitely never expected to see them on the same track as Hailee Steinfeld and Alesso either! :lol:
I love those kinds of delightful surprises in music.

phoenix98 wrote:Yes! YeS! YES! Like I was just writing to Fan above how I've quite liked some of her other offerings ("Picking Up The Pieces", "30 Minute Love Affair", and now "Crybaby" of course), but "Only Love..." really struck me on a whole 'nother level (and still does!)
Yeah, I think I agree with pretty much every lyric in that song.

phoenix98 wrote:I mean...I stopped ranking it at No. 10 on "Your Billboard Hot 100 Top 10"...was that not enough? :lol:
No.

phoenix98 wrote:Yeah, I'd been thinking about that. Although I do like most/all of her lead singles, "Love Story" is the only one I'd consider my favorite track from their respective albums (and Fearless still offers plenty of worthwhile competiton, of course), so I'm quite confident that reputation still has some real gems in store (though I'm still loving LWYMMD anyway. <3)
Why is she not capitalising Reputation? I won't be following her styling of that word. :lol: #smallproblems #tswizzleisnotabovegrammarrules #grammarrulesrules

phoenix98 wrote:Damn, I really need to contact that boy more. I didn't know about Tay until LWYMMD dropped, and now it's news to me that Rihanna owned his top track of 2016 :o It's probably safe to assume that it wasn't "Work" :wink: so LOTB...?
Yep, that one. 8-)

phoenix98 wrote:YES! I was actually a tad underwhelmed by "Mine" when it first dropped all those years ago (so much so that it actually missed out on a No. 1 debut here), but that part...that specific part...really ingrained itself in my mind and kept me coming back to the track to better appreciate it overall.
I don't think she has a hook I enjoy more actually.

phoenix98 wrote:How you're not paid to write analyses like these is beyond me! You really make it easy to understand how "Mine" can actually have MORE romantic impact than LS, while still painting a more realistic and relatable story. As you've illustrated: in many ways, calling someone "the best thing that's even been mine" says volumes more than comparing yourselves to Romeo & Juliet (and is far less cliché) :lol: It's hard/near impossible to sever the emotional attachment I've formed with LS over these past (nearly 10) years, but I certainly won't be as quick to disparage "Mine" ever again.
Mission accomplished.
"You think your pain and your heartbreak are unprecedented in the history of the world, but then you read." - James Baldwin
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby Fan » Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:55 am

phoenix98 wrote::o :x :lol: Well now I'm a bit nervous for Part 4, since our sexual synchronicity seems to be quite out of whack lately! Did Star Trek really sell you on Mr. Pine, or...? I mean, it's probably for the best that I don't want to share your husband anyway, right...? Though now that I think about it... :wink:

My PM box is always open for you <3 Especially since just you keep racheting up my curiousity with all of these ominous posts…

True that, but it seemed like she was doing just the right transition to fit into this new landscape, and yet people are still giving her the sudden cold shoulder. :(

Your song suggestions are always top-notch, sir! How was she live?? Could she pull off “Only Love Can Hurt Like This”…? :o

:lol: :lol:
True! But I do have a whole list of potential men for Part 4, so I am sure we could find two we both like! What about Liev Schreiber?
Well, Star Trek. And those eyes, lips, beard, smile - everything basically :lol: And yeah, makes sense I can have my husband all for myself.

Hahahaha! I have send you a message :wink:

Sad times, as I think her record is pretty good. I just want her to tour this one, I need to experience Malibu live.

Thanks! She could definitely pull it off, she is one of those people who actually sound better live than on record, her voice is outstanding. And she reminds me of Adele, in the sense that she is hilarious as well.

I haven't had the chance to listen to Fergie's new album, but I really like You Already Know. And I have heard Love Is Blind, which reminds me of Mary Jane Shoes, one of the best songs on The Dutchess, so I obviously love it <3

Have you already heard the new Steps song, btw?
Fan
Legend

Postby Tansike » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:43 pm

phoenix98 wrote:Hmmm...it's probably partially about me just not wanting to be wrong, since I'd been thinking her chances at solo stardom weren't looking so good after "Crying In The Club" and "I Have Questions" never blew up (and even "Havana" and "OMG" didn't seem to get much attention when they first dropped at the beginning of August.) I also still feel like none of the material she's given us is enjoyable enough to justify leaving Fifth Harmony at such a crucial time for the group. I'm not TOO bothered - certainly not rooting against "Havana" - just not all that thrilled to see her finally taking off either. **Shrugs**
Ah, the point with Fifth Harmony absolutely makes sense, however it looks like it really paid off for Camila now, as “Havana” is a contender for this weeks #1 in the UK :o Anyways, maybe she just needs another hit, and maybe it’s also not very helpful that she’s successful with a song that may be good, but somehow doesn’t scream hit. “Havana” seems to be one of those songs which are just there, these typical streaming hits, if that makes sense…

phoenix98 wrote: :lol: If only I'd bought an album or two of theirs, it might've convinced Camila to stay...
You bought none of them? :o

phoenix98 wrote:Ha, yeah, though the appeal of streaming grows stronger with each week. I actually briefly checked out Spotify's free service, but apparently you can't pick the exact songs you want to hear on mobile and can only use their "shuffle play" feature on-the-go? I guess that's not TOO shocking, since it's their free tier, but I thought that just meant I'd have to sit through ads more often. It looks like Spotify Premium is only $7-8/month (which is still less than buying just one album), but I'm still a tad reluctant to make that commitment/a little worried about Scrobbles. Although downloading individual new songs I'd like to hear is kind of time consuming and tedious, I do still enjoy the ritual of heading out to stores to pick up new albums I've been anticipating.
I can completely understand you there as it’s been the same for me, however since I started to use streaming a bit more than two years ago, I completely changed from ‘only buying stuff and nothing else’ to ‘streaming 99% of the stuff’ :oops: It usually works perfectly fine with LastFM. As we talked months ago, I don’t use Spotify but Apple Music, and I pay 12.90 swiss francs each month (must be similar to the price of Spotify you mentioned), and an album usually costs 20-30 swiss francs here, so going by money it’s really worth it. The easy thing with Apple Music is, you can click on “+” and then a song or an album easily gets added to your library. That’s all you have to do, and then you can listen to everything how you want.

phoenix98 wrote:I really don't get radio sometimes :x Well, most of the time...

Yeah! It's actually doing as well as/even slightly better than "Fight Song" was at this point:

"Fight Song" = *2* - 7 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 5 -
"Broken Glass" = *1* - 2 - 5 - 7 - 7 - 6 -
Yeah :(

Oh good! How did “Stand By You” do? :)

phoenix98 wrote: :lol: Probably...but I don't think their chances at chart mega-success were terribly high anyway, and this approach does give the fans a more constant stream of new content over an extended period of time, which is different/interesting.
It’s definitely a good thing for fans, I can see that. But who knows, they’re from Pentatonix, who were really successful lately, so there’s definitely a chance their ‘solo’ project is successful as well. Anyways, I saw another two clips or so by them and I think I really need to pass when it comes to their stuff… :oops:

phoenix98 wrote:Ha, noooo worries! You comment however you like. I very much appreciate it. <3
:oops: Sometimes I really feel bad for not doing replies every week. I try to do so every week to be honest, and I also check out the charts, however it often ends up with another week passing by too fast without really having the time to do so while in fact it wouldn’t even need that much of time… but I’m really bad at these things lately… :oops:

phoenix98 wrote:It's funny - if you asked my opinion of "Heartbeat Song", I'd probably say it was nothing special/one of her weakest lead singles ever...but I've actually played it quite a bit :lol: It never made that "OMG! TOTALLY LOVE IT!" MUST PUT ON REPEAT NOWWWW!" impact, but it still managed to stick with me for quite a while.
Well it’s definitely a very catchy pop tune so I can see why it got many plays. It also has a replay value. We’ll see how things will go for “Love So Soft” but my enthusiasm from the first two weeks is completely gone now :oops:

phoenix98 wrote: :lol: Definitely curious to see how much of an impact he'll have! For better or worse, no one in my life is terribly enthusiastic about "Too Good At Goodbyes", so Sam won't be reaping that same benefit here...
…but you probably already like it more than I liked it, so there’s that :)

phoenix98 wrote: I think that's the week her kidney transplant was all over the news...
Oh makes sense then. She’s such a sweetheart <3

You already said “Enchanté” is your favorite song of “Double Dutchess” over in my topic, but I still didn’t expect a Top10 debut for the song on your charts :o That’s cool! This could be a hit in Europe… it sounds like these random tracks which get remixed by an European DJ and end up as a hit, like “Cheerleader” for example :lol: (not that it sounds like “Cheerleader”, but it comes across the way as a DJed song, if that makes sense :lol: )

Great week for Niall. His album release is coming very soon and I’m starting to get really excited about it. I think he’s here to stay.

Good debut for Imagine Dragons. I read there was an ad on the US TV with this song, is that true? It looks like it may be the third official single and I’d be totally here for it :D

Last but not least, glad Nick Jonas got another week on your chart :)
Tansike
Legend

Postby Mainshow » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:12 pm

Great to see some old-school Kylie singles on your chart and Niall's latest track is freaking amazing! I can't wait to listen to his album!
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Postby JakeP » Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:36 pm

Hello Paul :D

I gave this a listen last week but i didn't quite have the same level of impact as its clearly had on your chart. :P Or are you just in love with Lauv? :wink: Interesting though that a new DJ Snake song goes virtually unnoticed because the featured vocalist is someone relatively unknown. So much for breaking new artists. Lauv is like the Owl City of 2017. :P

Aww, so nice to see Niall climb into your top 5. <3 This track showcases his vocals perfectly which is also why its appealed to me so much more. It needs to start climbing up on iTunes and Spotify though! :evil: I hope Niall does some tv promoting to help both this song and his album in the coming weeks. Ohh i've just realised this is Niall's highest peaking single so far in your chart. :D

Aww, it only took 12 months to enter! :lol: :P <3

Best of the rest:

12 (11) 21 | "Starving" - Hailee Steinfeld ft. Grey & Zedd | 1 (2) | [3xP]
14 (28) 10 | "True Disaster" - Tove Lo | 2 (2) | [P]
19 (04) 04 | "Crybaby" - Paloma Faith | 2 (1) | [G]
25 (RE) 04 | "Shocked (DNA Mix)" - Kylie Minogue | 5 | [G]
26 (RE) 03 | "What Do I Have To Do (7" Mix)" - Kylie Minogue | 6 | [G]
JakeP
Manager

Postby phoenix98 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:20 pm

JSparksFan wrote:I went apprehensively into playing your #1, wary of the fact that DJ Snake's name isn't attached to any song I consider better than average, but this is definitely the best track he's been involved in. You really seem to be smitten by Lauv. This is the second big song he's had on Paulboard.
Poor DJ Snake :lol: I'd actually forgotten how he's racked up a few official chart hits already ("Turn Down For What", "You Know You Like It", co-credit with Major Lazer on "Lean On"), but my favorite offering from him prior to this one was definitely "Middle." I do recall you being unimpressed with "Let Me Love You." Even accused it of lacking a chorus, I believe...

History aside, I'm glad that you're not totally-dismissive of this offering! Ha, Lauv is on a bit of a hot streak right now. I don't think he's ever put out a full album, but I should check out some of his older standalone singles...

JSparksFan wrote:YES at "Whatever It Takes" debuting! Niall's "Too Much to Ask" is definitely the best song I've heard from him thus far.
I don't remember if I'd gotten your thoughts on Niall before, but there we have it :lol: Did "Slow Hands" make any Akiniboard impact at all...?

JSparksFan wrote:Yeah, I think I agree with pretty much every lyric in that song.
"when you come close I just tremble,
and every time, every time you go,
it's like a knife that cuts right through my soul..."

Pretty much sums up my thoughts on you visiting this thread, actually...

JSparksFan wrote:No.
:lol:

I mean...your glowing official UKMIX review did play a crucial role in getting it to No. 1 on the Hot 100, so...at least your stanning is impacting where it truly counts.

JSparksFan wrote:Why is she not capitalising Reputation? I won't be following her styling of that word. :lol: #smallproblems #tswizzleisnotabovegrammarrules #grammarrulesrules
It's some seriously edgy sh*t for a seriously edgy era. #lookwhatwevemadeherdo

JSparksFan wrote:I don't think she has a hook I enjoy more actually.
Just when I thought I fully understood the depth of your appreciation for "Mine" :o So not only the clear standout when it comes to her lead singles, but also the best hook in her entire catalog? I mean...lest we forget about

"hey,
I don't know about you,
but I'm feeling twenty twoOoOoOo...."

(Kidding...but also not kidding....)

Thanks again, Akini! :D
phoenix98
Legend

Postby phoenix98 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:20 pm

Fan wrote::lol: :lol:
True! But I do have a whole list of potential men for Part 4, so I am sure we could find two we both like! What about Liev Schreiber?
Well, Star Trek. And those eyes, lips, beard, smile - everything basically :lol: And yeah, makes sense I can have my husband all for myself.
Daddy Liev, eh? ;)

I will say, Mr. Pine was looking MIGHTY fit in those "nude" scenes in Wonder Woman... :oops:

Fan wrote:Hahahaha! I have send you a message :wink:
<3 I'm a huge flop when it comes to checking that inbox sometimes, so I apologize for the terribly-belated reply!

Fan wrote:Sad times, as I think her record is pretty good. I just want her to tour this one, I need to experience Malibu live.
Well, you could always visit the real one...which would bring you much closer to me than you are now... ;)

Fan wrote:Thanks! She could definitely pull it off, she is one of those people who actually sound better live than on record, her voice is outstanding. And she reminds me of Adele, in the sense that she is hilarious as well.
Ah, right on! Plenty of on-stage charm/charmisma/etc between songs?

Fan wrote:I haven't had the chance to listen to Fergie's new album, but I really like You Already Know. And I have heard Love Is Blind, which reminds me of Mary Jane Shoes, one of the best songs on The Dutchess, so I obviously love it <3
The video for "Love Is Blind" is definitely a treat too :lol: The overall standout for me has actually been "Enchanté (Carine)" so far. It's light, bubbly (which helps it set it apart from all of her trademark "I'm super hott and super rich, bitches" tracks), with just the right amount of quirky.

Fan wrote:Have you already heard the new Steps song, btw?
I hadn't! A Delta cover, eh? (Though I can't remember if I've ever actually heard her original...)

Damn, Lee's lookin' like a TANK on that cover art :o :oops: I could only find the 7th Heaven Club Mix on YouTube, but it certainly sounds like a suitable song for them! You'll have to let me know when the official video drops. ;)

phoenix98
Legend

Postby phoenix98 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:25 pm

Tansike wrote:Ah, the point with Fifth Harmony absolutely makes sense, however it looks like it really paid off for Camila now, as “Havana” is a contender for this weeks #1 in the UK :o Anyways, maybe she just needs another hit, and maybe it’s also not very helpful that she’s successful with a song that may be good, but somehow doesn’t scream hit. “Havana” seems to be one of those songs which are just there, these typical streaming hits, if that makes sense…
Ha, yeah, I'm still a bit dumbstruck by this sudden explosion of success :o Now it's Top 3 in the UK, Top 10 in Australia, already out-peaked CITC on the Hot 100...

I'll definitely still check out whatever she puts out as the follow-up to this breakthrough hit (but probably not her full album...)

Tansike wrote:You bought none of them? :o
:cry: No. If only I'd known the impact it might've had...

Tansike wrote:I can completely understand you there as it’s been the same for me, however since I started to use streaming a bit more than two years ago, I completely changed from ‘only buying stuff and nothing else’ to ‘streaming 99% of the stuff’ :oops: It usually works perfectly fine with LastFM. As we talked months ago, I don’t use Spotify but Apple Music, and I pay 12.90 swiss francs each month (must be similar to the price of Spotify you mentioned), and an album usually costs 20-30 swiss francs here, so going by money it’s really worth it. The easy thing with Apple Music is, you can click on “+” and then a song or an album easily gets added to your library. That’s all you have to do, and then you can listen to everything how you want.
Ah, yeah, I love the idea of smoother integration with my existing iTunes library (especially since I've been using/adding to it for so many years now.) My bf uses Apple Music (and works for Apple), so I wonder if he can get me onto some kind of discounted family plan... :lol:

Tansike wrote:Oh good! How did “Stand By You” do? :)
Ah, right! I forgot (blocked out) how that's your favorite of hers. Well...

"Stand By You" = 30 - OUT - 12 - *2* - 5 - OUT - 25 - OUT

A much bumpier ride than "Fight Song" or "Broken Glass"...but at least a very respectable peak! :lol:

Tansike wrote:It’s definitely a good thing for fans, I can see that. But who knows, they’re from Pentatonix, who were really successful lately, so there’s definitely a chance their ‘solo’ project is successful as well. Anyways, I saw another two clips or so by them and I think I really need to pass when it comes to their stuff… :oops:
No worries, I definitely won't hold that against you :lol: Their first EP faded pretty quickly for me too (and it didn't help that Fergie, Miley, and Terror Jr all dropped new albums not long after I discovered theirs...)

Tansike wrote::oops: Sometimes I really feel bad for not doing replies every week. I try to do so every week to be honest, and I also check out the charts, however it often ends up with another week passing by too fast without really having the time to do so while in fact it wouldn’t even need that much of time… but I’m really bad at these things lately… :oops:
On one hand, if you want to hold yourself to the standard of commenting every single week, I should support/encourage you...but I also want you to go easier on yourself :lol: Commenting here should be fun, and I'd much rather you fall a week or two behind than try so hard to squeeze it in each week that it starts to feel like a chore/leads to burnout.

I promise I'm not keeping track of any weeks you skip and building a gradual grudge each time... ;)

Tansike wrote:…but you probably already like it more than I liked it, so there’s that :)
Your latest chart would be to differ! :lol:

Tansike wrote:You already said “Enchanté” is your favorite song of “Double Dutchess” over in my topic, but I still didn’t expect a Top10 debut for the song on your charts :o That’s cool! This could be a hit in Europe… it sounds like these random tracks which get remixed by an European DJ and end up as a hit, like “Cheerleader” for example :lol: (not that it sounds like “Cheerleader”, but it comes across the way as a DJed song, if that makes sense :lol: )
:o Yes! I could totally/would love to see that happen (but I won't hold my breath...) :cry:

Tansike wrote:Good debut for Imagine Dragons. I read there was an ad on the US TV with this song, is that true? It looks like it may be the third official single and I’d be totally here for it :D
Ah, you're right! I haven't seen it, but according to Wikipedia it's "the official theme song for WWE's PPV event, Battleground in addition to its inclusion in the video game Madden NFL 18."

Their "Thunder" has actually been blowing up in the US lately thanks to an ad (Microsoft Surface Laptop's "Powerfully Beautiful.")

phoenix98
Legend

Postby phoenix98 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:30 pm

Mainshow wrote:Great to see some old-school Kylie singles on your chart and Niall's latest track is freaking amazing! I can't wait to listen to his album!
Hey Mainshow! Many thanks for stopping by!

Thriller definitely deserves 100% of the credit for inspiring me to revisit Kylie's killer catalog! She's been a top-favorite of mine for years, but since she's been focused on holiday material lately, it's been a while since I really delved into her discography. So, so many gems <3 and his comments help me see them in new ways!

Thanks again, Mainshow! :D

JakeP wrote:Hello Paul :D
Greetings Jake :D

JakeP wrote:I gave this a listen last week but i didn't quite have the same level of impact as its clearly had on your chart. :P Or are you just in love with Lauv? :wink: Interesting though that a new DJ Snake song goes virtually unnoticed because the featured vocalist is someone relatively unknown. So much for breaking new artists. Lauv is like the Owl City of 2017. :P
Aw :( I was really hoping he might've pulled another "I Like Me Better" with us!

I'm a little lost on the Owl City comparison, though :lol: As in radio won't touch either of them? Was Owl City hindering a bunch of songs' success by being their (flop) featured guest...? :oops: I'd love if "I Like Me Better" could become as big as "Fireflies", though!

JakeP wrote:Aww, so nice to see Niall climb into your top 5. <3 This track showcases his vocals perfectly which is also why its appealed to me so much more. It needs to start climbing up on iTunes and Spotify though! :evil: I hope Niall does some tv promoting to help both this song and his album in the coming weeks. Ohh i've just realised this is Niall's highest peaking single so far in your chart. :D
Yes! He really does sound lovely. I didn't realize this was off to such a rough start in the UK :o Especially coming off two Top 10's, and with the video already out! Could those new chart rules be working against him somehow...? Even Australia isn't showing it much love (yet.) What is wrong with people?! :lol: :x

Since "Slow Hands" is still going so strong in the States, we'll definitely have to wait a while to see how it really fares on the Hot 100. **Fingers crossed**

JakeP wrote:Aww, it only took 12 months to enter! :lol: :P <3
:lol: The true power of "Too Much To Ask." Like I was saying about "This Girl" over in your chart a while back, I was surprised to see that "This Town" had never managed to dent my chart before. It must've had some very close calls! I'd definitely rank it below "Slow Hands" and "Too Much To Ask", though, so its (under)performance is certainly suitable in that sense...

phoenix98
Legend

Postby phoenix98 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:30 pm

Paulboard Top 30
Chart Date: 10/06/17

• After stalling at No. 2 with "I Don't Believe You", "Heartbreak Down", and "F**kin' Perfect" (in addition to several other Top 10's over the years), P!nk finally snags her first No. 1 with "Beautiful Trauma." She even manages to fend off the Paulboard breakthrough stars of 2017: Terror Jr.

01 (NE) 01 | "Beautiful Trauma" - P!nk | 1 (1)
02 (NE) 01 | "IDK + IDC" - Terror Jr | 2 (1)
03 (01) 02 | "A Different Way" - DJ Snake ft. Lauv | 1 (1) | [G]
04 (09) 02 | "Enchanté (Carine)" - Fergie ft. Axl Jack | 4
05 (NE) 01 | "Fight And F**k" - Terror Jr | 5
06 (03) 04 | "Let Me Go" - Hailee Steinfeld ft. Alesso, Florida Georgia Line, & watt | 1 (2) | [P]
07 (02) 05 | "What Lovers Do" - Maroon 5 ft. SZA | 1 (1) | [P]
08 (NE) 01 | "Holding Your Tongue" - Terror Jr | 8
09 (NE) 01 | "Miss You So Much" - Miley Cyrus | 9
10 (06) 07 | "Broken Glass" - Rachel Platten | 1 (1) | [P]
11 (RE) 05 | "What About Us" - P!nk | 4
12 (15) 02 | "Love Is Blind" - Fergie | 12
13 (RE) 05 | "Younger Now" - Miley Cyrus | 4 | [G]
14 (08) 02 | "DNA" - BTS | 8
15 (04) 06 | "Look What You Made Me Do" - Taylor Swift | 1 (1) | [P]
16 (NE) 01 | "Set In Stone" - Terror Jr | 16
17 (NE) 01 | "Love Someone" - Miley Cyrus | 17
18 (RE) 10 | "Malibu" - Miley Cyrus | 1 (1) | [P]
19 (NE) 01 | "Lifeline" - Terror Jr | 19
20 (NE) 01 | "Thinkin'" - Miley Cyrus | 20
21 (07) 03 | "If I'm Lucky" - Jason Derülo | 7
22 (RE) 02 | "Inspired" - Miley Cyrus | 22
23 (NE) 01 | "Bad Mood" - Miley Cyrus | 23
24 (NE) 01 | "Rainbowland" - Miley Cyrus ft. Dolly Parton | 24
25 (05) 03 | "Too Much To Ask" - Niall Horan | 5
26 (12) 22 | "Starving" - Hailee Steinfeld ft. Grey & Zedd | 1 (2) | [3xP]
27 (21) 02 | "Life Goes On" - Fergie | 21
28 (25) 05 | "Shocked (DNA Mix)" - Kylie Minogue | 5 | [G]
29 (10) 04 | "Love So Soft" - Kelly Clarkson | 5 | [G]
30 (13) 02 | "Kleopatra" - Fergie | 13

[GOLD] = 25+ total plays
[PLAT] = 50+ total plays
phoenix98
Legend

Postby Mainshow » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:56 pm

I agree with you! Kylie's one of my favourites as well (she used to be my #2 favourite act before it all got messy with "Kiss Me Once" and her holiday re-releases, etc) I hope she'll come back with something strong and unique as "X" or "Aphrodite" next year!

I know almost all songs which Thriller presents but it's nice to go back listening to them and see how he ranks them. I will definitely do a "Mainshow Goes Diva: Kylie Minogue" edition at some point but I hope she will come back with a strong album (as previously mentioned); so I have to save her a bit : D

When it comes to your new chart, I really like to see Miley's "Miss You Much", "Malibu" and "Younger Now". Her album is quite enjoyableand it's great to have her back (even though she seems to be already tired of her new material). "Rainbowland" is super cute.

OMG, the drop for "Too Much To Ask" hurts. Hopefully, he will rise again when you get a bit fed up with Miley's new album :D

"Kleopatra" by Fergie is so random :D I love that it appears on your chart even though I dislike the song (it reminds me of will.i.am somehow) :D
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Postby Tansike » Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:10 pm

phoenix98 wrote:Ha, yeah, I'm still a bit dumbstruck by this sudden explosion of success :o Now it's Top 3 in the UK, Top 10 in Australia, already out-peaked CITC on the Hot 100...

I'll definitely still check out whatever she puts out as the follow-up to this breakthrough hit (but probably not her full album...)
That's impressive! Who would have known? And now it looks like the album is scheduled for an early 2018 release, which would be like the perfect timing.

But yeah, since you also never got one of the Fifth Harmony albums, it would make sense if you also don't get the Camila album...

phoenix98 wrote:Ah, yeah, I love the idea of smoother integration with my existing iTunes library (especially since I've been using/adding to it for so many years now.) My bf uses Apple Music (and works for Apple), so I wonder if he can get me onto some kind of discounted family plan... :lol:
Oh he works for Apple? And he hasn't convinced you yet to use Apple Music? :P I have no idea where i read or saw this but isn't there really some kind of a family subscription for Apple Music? Maybe i'm thinking of something else though, so i may be completely wrong... :oops:

phoenix98 wrote:Ah, right! I forgot (blocked out) how that's your favorite of hers. Well...

"Stand By You" = 30 - OUT - 12 - *2* - 5 - OUT - 25 - OUT

A much bumpier ride than "Fight Song" or "Broken Glass"...but at least a very respectable peak! :lol:
That's a nice enough chartrun with a very good peak! :D
Also, it may be my favorite single from her (well, i think "Broken Glass" takes that title now...), but it wasn't my favorite song overall from her. "Lone Ranger" is still her best track to date IMO.

Speaking about Rachel, she just announced her new album "Waves" which will already be released in less than three weeks :o

phoenix98 wrote:On one hand, if you want to hold yourself to the standard of commenting every single week, I should support/encourage you...but I also want you to go easier on yourself :lol: Commenting here should be fun, and I'd much rather you fall a week or two behind than try so hard to squeeze it in each week that it starts to feel like a chore/leads to burnout.

I promise I'm not keeping track of any weeks you skip and building a gradual grudge each time... ;)
It's kinda interesting... a few months ago i was able to make a reply on every active personal charts on UKMix and i did that every week. No idea how i was able to do that, because lately it happens that i don't even have the time to leave one simple comment on one personal chart... Anyways, i keep on checking them out, so that's better than nothing, i guess. Also, my favorite ones (like yours, JakeP, Magnus, Akini...) are always on my radar and i always try to leave a comment there as often as possible. Not because i want that, simply because i also enjoy to do so and especially on yours and JakeP there's also a nice conversation going on which i always miss when i don't do replies... :oops:

phoenix98 wrote:Your latest chart would be to differ! :lol:
:lol:

phoenix98 wrote:Ah, you're right! I haven't seen it, but according to Wikipedia it's "the official theme song for WWE's PPV event, Battleground in addition to its inclusion in the video game Madden NFL 18."

Their "Thunder" has actually been blowing up in the US lately thanks to an ad (Microsoft Surface Laptop's "Powerfully Beautiful.")

That's great! It's crazy how they turned things around after the flop that was "Smoke + Mirrors" :o

Okay, so i don't know your current number one, simply because i decided not to listen to P!nk's stuff until the album is out. That's already in a few days which is also why i'm doing it (as it's easy that way :lol: ). But since it's her very first #1 on your charts i guess it must be a really good song :o

Probably no surprise but i'm so happy to see these entries for Miley this week. "Younger Now" has turned out to be such a great album, especially after my expectations for this album were really low. It never happened that i didn't look forward to a new Miley album, and the sweeter it is now that it's such a good one <3 My clear faves apart from the singles are "I'd Die For You", "Bad Mood" and "Thinkin'", so yay for two of them being on your Top30. "Love Someone" and "Miss You So Much" are strong too, while i re-discovered the singles as well. Unfortunately, "Inspired" still leaves me cold, while i keep on skipping "Rainbowland" :oops: I usually love Dolly so it's sad that this feature is my least favorite song on "Younger Now" (just how it happened with the Dolly collaboration on Kesha's album :-? ).
What are your thoughts of the album overall?

Other than that still liking the obvious ones. Since you already saw Sam's climb on my charts, you probably also saw Kelly's drop, which is kinda funny as she has a very similar one on your charts :lol:
Tansike
Legend

Postby stevyy » Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:30 pm

I have to check out that P!nk song. I hope it slays more than what about us.

I love those Fergie tracks. The album is great.
stevyy
Legend

Postby JakeP » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:11 pm

phoenix98 wrote:Aw :( I was really hoping he might've pulled another "I Like Me Better" with us!

I'm a little lost on the Owl City comparison, though :lol: As in radio won't touch either of them? Was Owl City hindering a bunch of songs' success by being their (flop) featured guest...? :oops: I'd love if "I Like Me Better" could become as big as "Fireflies", though!
Oops! :oops: I genuinely don't know much about Owl City but i remember when Fireflies went to #1 in America and it seemed like such a surprise. Whilst Lauv hasn't had that #1 (yet :wink: ) it just made me think of Owl City as in american newcomer having a big hit with his debut single. That's the only comparison i was thinking of. :P

phoenix98 wrote:Yes! He really does sound lovely. I didn't realize this was off to such a rough start in the UK :o Especially coming off two Top 10's, and with the video already out! Could those new chart rules be working against him somehow...? Even Australia isn't showing it much love (yet.) What is wrong with people?! :lol: :x

Since "Slow Hands" is still going so strong in the States, we'll definitely have to wait a while to see how it really fares on the Hot 100. **Fingers crossed**
To be honest Slow hands had a slow (no pun intended :lol: ) start and only got a big boost after Niall performed at the Manchester concert that Ariana Grande put on. I'd like to think that Too much to ask will recover, he just needs to do some tv promo and really give both the single and album lots of success.

Yes, i noticed the lukewarm chart performance in Australia too. Like i say, some tv performances would do the trick but isn't Niall still touring at the moment?

phoenix98 wrote: :lol: The true power of "Too Much To Ask." Like I was saying about "This Girl" over in your chart a while back, I was surprised to see that "This Town" had never managed to dent my chart before. It must've had some very close calls! I'd definitely rank it below "Slow Hands" and "Too Much To Ask", though, so its (under)performance is certainly suitable in that sense...

Oh i agree, i mean i loved This town when it first got released although i grew to love it more over time so it entered high, but then achieved a new peak. Slow hands had a bigger immediate impact on me, but again it was after Niall's performance at the Manchester concert that Slow hands really came into its own and shot up to #2 and achieved a new peak in the process. Thinking about it, every Niall song has climbed to its peak in my chart. :o :lol: I hadn't really thought that until now. Curious co-incidence! :P That makes sense though, and This town had its moment of glory so that's all that matters. :wink:

Which brings me to your latest chart. :D

01 (NE) 01 | "Beautiful Trauma" - P!nk | 1 (1)

Gosh! :P I know you mentioned how much you prefer Beautiful trauma over What about us, but i didn't think it'd be #1 in your chart. I'm actually really happy though because P!nk is an incredible singer and any success is always great to see. It didn't have the same effect with me and entered at #10 in my chart.

Whatever you want has also been released and likely to enter inside my top 20 but it's already been overshadowed by two new songs that have been released since the weekend. That said, i didn't think Whatever you want would've been a high new entry for me either. I'm more interesting in the new single with Eminem.

I've yet to hear Miley's album so on;y know the singles so far, but i'm loving these songs in your top 30:

06 (03) 04 | "Let Me Go" - Hailee Steinfeld ft. Alesso, Florida Georgia Line, & watt | 1 (2) | [P]
07 (02) 05 | "What Lovers Do" - Maroon 5 ft. SZA | 1 (1) | [P]
10 (06) 07 | "Broken Glass" - Rachel Platten | 1 (1) | [P]
11 (RE) 05 | "What About Us" - P!nk | 4
13 (RE) 05 | "Younger Now" - Miley Cyrus | 4 | [G]
14 (08) 02 | "DNA" - BTS | 8
15 (04) 06 | "Look What You Made Me Do" - Taylor Swift | 1 (1) | [P]
18 (RE) 10 | "Malibu" - Miley Cyrus | 1 (1) | [P]
22 (RE) 02 | "Inspired" - Miley Cyrus | 22
25 (05) 03 | "Too Much To Ask" - Niall Horan | 5
26 (12) 22 | "Starving" - Hailee Steinfeld ft. Grey & Zedd | 1 (2) | [3xP]
28 (25) 05 | "Shocked (DNA Mix)" - Kylie Minogue | 5 | [G]
JakeP
Manager

Postby Fan » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:36 am

phoenix98 wrote:Daddy Liev, eh? ;)

I will say, Mr. Pine was looking MIGHTY fit in those "nude" scenes in Wonder Woman... :oops:

<3 I'm a huge flop when it comes to checking that inbox sometimes, so I apologize for the terribly-belated reply!

Well, you could always visit the real one...which would bring you much closer to me than you are now... ;)

Ah, right on! Plenty of on-stage charm/charmisma/etc between songs?

The video for "Love Is Blind" is definitely a treat too :lol: The overall standout for me has actually been "Enchanté (Carine)" so far. It's light, bubbly (which helps it set it apart from all of her trademark "I'm super hott and super rich, bitches" tracks), with just the right amount of quirky.

I hadn't! A Delta cover, eh? (Though I can't remember if I've ever actually heard her original...)

Damn, Lee's lookin' like a TANK on that cover art :o :oops: I could only find the 7th Heaven Club Mix on YouTube, but it certainly sounds like a suitable song for them! You'll have to let me know when the official video drops. ;)

YESS, Liev is certainly a daddy <3 The things I want that man to do with me....
Haha, well I have to say- I thought he looked a bit too "pretty boy" in Wonder Woman. I prefer him looking a bit more rough and hairy.

Hahahaha- I'll definitely let you know if I ever visit Malibu! :wink:

Paloma did have a lot of on stage charisma, yes! Lovely woman.

It is a Delta cover, although I do not think I have ever heard the original. Kinda lost Delta after her third album. The video's apparently out on Apple Music as an exlusive. So haven't seen it myself either, hope it will be put on Youtube very soon.

Great debut for Beautiful Trauma! It was an instant hit for me, loved it right after the first listen even though I read some pretty negative comments on here. Great to see you like it as well!

Miss You So Much is lovely as well.
Fan
Legend

Postby phoenix98 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:10 pm

Mainshow wrote:I agree with you! Kylie's one of my favourites as well (she used to be my #2 favourite act before it all got messy with "Kiss Me Once" and her holiday re-releases, etc) I hope she'll come back with something strong and unique as "X" or "Aphrodite" next year!

I know almost all songs which Thriller presents but it's nice to go back listening to them and see how he ranks them. I will definitely do a "Mainshow Goes Diva: Kylie Minogue" edition at some point but I hope she will come back with a strong album (as previously mentioned); so I have to save her a bit : D

When it comes to your new chart, I really like to see Miley's "Miss You Much", "Malibu" and "Younger Now". Her album is quite enjoyableand it's great to have her back (even though she seems to be already tired of her new material). "Rainbowland" is super cute.

OMG, the drop for "Too Much To Ask" hurts. Hopefully, he will rise again when you get a bit fed up with Miley's new album :D

"Kleopatra" by Fergie is so random :D I love that it appears on your chart even though I dislike the song (it reminds me of will.i.am somehow) :D
Aw :lol: How far did Kiss Me Once and Kylie Christmas knock her down your favorites list...? Mariah + Kylie have been my Top 2 for quite a while now (with Kylie even eclipsing Mariah at times, partially because Mariah's output in the 2010's has been less-than-stellar...)

I'm SO ready for a proper new studio album from Kylie (especially since that tiny Kylie + Garibay EP from 2015 was so promising!) I'm definitely curious to see your ranking (though my comments would probably be the same as what I'm saying in Thriller's thread, since my opinions of these songs don't fluctuate TOO much after all these years.) :lol:

I'm a little underwhelmed with Younger Now overall :oops: but there's at least a couple tracks that have kept me coming back. I think it's an album that I'll have to be in a particular mood to want to play through, since much of it is SO slow/mellow. Although they're pretty adorable, Dolly's intro and outro on "Rainbowland" drag on for a bit too long, and I think I'd revisit that track more often if they weren't included...

Bummer about "Kleopatra" :( I think it has some of the most interesting/engaging production across all of Double Dutchess. It's one of the few tracks that really stood out (in a good way) on my first listen through the album. “Enchanté (Carine)” is still my clear favorite, though (with "Love Is Blind" in second place.)

Thanks again, Mainshow! :D
phoenix98
Legend

Postby phoenix98 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:15 pm

Tansike wrote:That's impressive! Who would have known? And now it looks like the album is scheduled for an early 2018 release, which would be like the perfect timing.

But yeah, since you also never got one of the Fifth Harmony albums, it would make sense if you also don't get the Camila album...
Has she set an actual date (or even a finalized title) yet? Will she go head-to-head with Charlie in Jan...? Since "Havana" is blowing up now in early/mid-October, she also can't run the risk of waiting TOO long (unless she has the perfect follow-up single waiting, but given how many different songs she had to throw out there to get this one smash, I'm not so confident about that...)

True that. :lol:

Tansike wrote:That's a nice enough chartrun with a very good peak! :D Also, it may be my favorite single from her (well, i think "Broken Glass" takes that title now...), but it wasn't my favorite song overall from her. "Lone Ranger" is still her best track to date IMO.

Speaking about Rachel, she just announced her new album "Waves" which will already be released in less than three weeks :o
:o That is HUGE. news! I guess I should've seen it coming, given how well BG has done on your chart, but it's still VERY exciting to see it confirmed.

I just checked out "Lone Ranger" for the first time, and although it probably wouldn't eclipse "Fight Song" and "Broken Glass" for me, it still sounds really good! WHY is she not bigger?!?! :x :lol:

Waves is yet another reason why I really should switch to streaming :lol: I'm REALLY tempted to give it a try thanks to "Broken Glass" and "Perfect For You", but Kelly's, Maroon 5's, and Taylor's albums are all upcoming must-buys too!

Tansike wrote:It's kinda interesting... a few months ago i was able to make a reply on every active personal charts on UKMix and i did that every week. No idea how i was able to do that, because lately it happens that i don't even have the time to leave one simple comment on one personal chart... Anyways, i keep on checking them out, so that's better than nothing, i guess. Also, my favorite ones (like yours, JakeP, Magnus, Akini...) are always on my radar and i always try to leave a comment there as often as possible. Not because i want that, simply because i also enjoy to do so and especially on yours and JakeP there's also a nice conversation going on which i always miss when i don't do replies... :oops:
That truly blew my mind. I'm still (slightly) convinced you had a robot or personal assistant helping you get those done...or you just never slept...

I hear you, though. When it comes to the charts I visit most regularly, it has a lot to do with my interactions/conversations with that poster, and not just the specific songs included in their chart. (Like getting all the juicy details on you + your man. Speaking of, I don't think I ever asked which of you is bigger...)

Tansike wrote:That's great! It's crazy how they turned things around after the flop that was "Smoke + Mirrors" :o
I was commenting on someone's chart (marat's, I think?) a while back and completely forgot that Smoke + Mirrors even existed :lol: I kept referring to Night Visions as "their last album." "Shots" was alright, but I definitely didn't pay much attention to the S + M era otherwise.

Tansike wrote:Probably no surprise but i'm so happy to see these entries for Miley this week. "Younger Now" has turned out to be such a great album, especially after my expectations for this album were really low. It never happened that i didn't look forward to a new Miley album, and the sweeter it is now that it's such a good one <3 My clear faves apart from the singles are "I'd Die For You", "Bad Mood" and "Thinkin'", so yay for two of them being on your Top30. "Love Someone" and "Miss You So Much" are strong too, while i re-discovered the singles as well. Unfortunately, "Inspired" still leaves me cold, while i keep on skipping "Rainbowland" :oops: I usually love Dolly so it's sad that this feature is my least favorite song on "Younger Now" (just how it happened with the Dolly collaboration on Kesha's album :-? ). What are your thoughts of the album overall?
We touched on our fave tracks again over in your thread, so I'll focus on the "overall" part here. Of the three recent pop-stars-go-pop/rock/country releases (Joanne, Rainbow, Younger Now), this is easily my least favorite overall :oops: For being a fairly short album, too many of the tracks are just too slow/mellow/sleep-inducing, so I think I'll have to be in a very particular mood/mindset to want to play through it. It really could've used some bangers like "Let 'Em Talk" and "Boots" on Rainbow.

I figured that I might be underwhelmed going into it (partially because both "Malibu" and especially "Younger Now" relied on their videos to really sell me on the songs), so I'm not totally shocked/devastated, but I was kind of hoping it would be another Rainbow-level pleasant surprise. I really think Kesha did this sound/style transition best...but even if that comparison wasn't available, I wouldn't be spinning Younger Now nonstop.

phoenix98
Legend

Postby phoenix98 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:20 pm

stevyy wrote:I have to check out that P!nk song. I hope it slays more than what about us.

I love those Fergie tracks. The album is great.
It does. It absolutely does. It brings to mind the "U + Ur Hand"/"So What"/"Raise Your Glass"/'Blow Me"-P!nk that I love (without sounding like a total retread of those.)

I noticed Double Dutchess was having a really stable run over on your albums chart! Are there any standout tracks for you that didn't appear here?

Thanks again, stevyy! :D

JakeP wrote:Oops! :oops: I genuinely don't know much about Owl City but i remember when Fireflies went to #1 in America and it seemed like such a surprise. Whilst Lauv hasn't had that #1 (yet :wink: ) it just made me think of Owl City as in american newcomer having a big hit with his debut single. That's the only comparison i was thinking of. :P
Ah, right on! I hear you now. Speaking of Owl City, he's certainly an interesting case: global mega-smash with "Fireflies" (No. 1 in the US, UK, AUS, and others)...then nothing but total flops until "Good Time" becomes a global Top 10 success several years later...and then back to total floppage again :lol: I really love his "Vanilla Twilight" too (though it might've flopped due to being too similar to "Fireflies.")

JakeP wrote:To be honest Slow hands had a slow (no pun intended :lol: ) start and only got a big boost after Niall performed at the Manchester concert that Ariana Grande put on. I'd like to think that Too much to ask will recover, he just needs to do some tv promo and really give both the single and album lots of success.

Yes, i noticed the lukewarm chart performance in Australia too. Like i say, some tv performances would do the trick but isn't Niall still touring at the moment?
You're totally right! You really are the ultimate official UK chart authority :D I just checked the "Slow Hands" chart run on their site, and it did take several weeks to really take off: 25 - 31 - 23 - 21 - *7* - and so on.

If he's touring, does that mean you've snagged some front row seats? Or has Niall given you full-VIP-backstage access...? ;)

JakeP wrote:Oh i agree, i mean i loved This town when it first got released although i grew to love it more over time so it entered high, but then achieved a new peak. Slow hands had a bigger immediate impact on me, but again it was after Niall's performance at the Manchester concert that Slow hands really came into its own and shot up to #2 and achieved a new peak in the process. Thinking about it, every Niall song has climbed to its peak in my chart. :o :lol: I hadn't really thought that until now. Curious co-incidence! :P That makes sense though, and This town had its moment of glory so that's all that matters. :wink:
Ooh! I'll definitely have to keep that in mind whenever his next single debuts on your chart (unless it's at No. 1!) :lol:

JakeP wrote:Gosh! :P I know you mentioned how much you prefer Beautiful trauma over What about us, but i didn't think it'd be #1 in your chart. I'm actually really happy though because P!nk is an incredible singer and any success is always great to see. It didn't have the same effect with me and entered at #10 in my chart.
Yeah, like I was saying to stevyy above, "Beautiful Trauma" brings to mind the "U + Ur Hand"/"So What"/"Raise Your Glass"/'Blow Me"-P!nk that I love (without sounding like a total retread of those tracks.) Since you don't seem too impressed with BT, I'm relieved it at least managed to dent your Top 10 :D Very curious to see how "Revenge" performs...

phoenix98
Legend

Postby phoenix98 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:25 pm

Fan wrote:YESS, Liev is certainly a daddy <3 The things I want that man to do with me....
Haha, well I have to say- I thought he looked a bit too "pretty boy" in Wonder Woman. I prefer him looking a bit more rough and hairy

It is a Delta cover, although I do not think I have ever heard the original. Kinda lost Delta after her third album. The video's apparently out on Apple Music as an exlusive. So haven't seen it myself either, hope it will be put on Youtube very soon.

Great debut for Beautiful Trauma! It was an instant hit for me, loved it right after the first listen even though I read some pretty negative comments on here. Great to see you like it as well!

Miss You So Much is lovely as well.
(...you should definitely describe in great detail in your next PM.) Ha, yeah, I really wasn't feeling his hair in Wonder Woman, but I guess they were going for a period-accurate style. His bawdy was definitely on-point, though :oops: Buffer than I'd remembered him ever looking, anyway...

Ugh :x These streaming-service-exclusives are like the new region-locked-nonsense on YouTube. Hopefully their exclusivity with Apple ends ASAP!

Ha, yeah, I can see how people are off-put by the repetitive "my love, my drug, ughhh..." parts right after the chorus, but I think they're pretty catchy! Overall, the track really brings to mind the "U + Ur Hand"/"So What"/"Raise Your Glass"/'Blow Me"-P!nk that I love (without sounding like an exact copy of those.)

It's definitely the standout on Younger Now for me (well, besides the tracks I'd already heard), largely thanks to those "when you look up at a rainbow, do you ever wonder..." pre-chorus parts. <3

phoenix98
Legend

Postby phoenix98 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:30 pm

Paulboard Top 30
Chart Date: 10/13/17

• Rachel Platten collects her second No. 1 with "Perfect For You" (de-throning P!nk and denying Maroon 5 in the process.)

01 (NE) 01 | "Perfect For You" - Rachel Platten | 1 (1)
02 (NE) 01 | "Help Me Out" - Maroon 5 ft. Julia Michaels | 2 (1)
03 (01) 02 | "Beautiful Trauma" - P!nk | 1 (1) | [G]
04 (02) 02 | "IDK + IDC" - Terror Jr | 2 (1)
05 (03) 03 | "A Different Way" - DJ Snake ft. Lauv | 1 (1) | [G]
06 (07) 06 | "What Lovers Do" - Maroon 5 ft. SZA | 1 (1) | [P]
07 (NE) 01 | "How Long" - Charlie Puth | 7
08 (05) 02 | "Fight And F**k" - Terror Jr | 5
09 (06) 05 | "Let Me Go" - Hailee Steinfeld ft. Alesso, Florida Georgia Line, & watt | 1 (2) | [P]
10 (08) 02 | "Holding Your Tongue" - Terror Jr | 8
11 (RE) 04 | "Thunder" - Imagine Dragons | 2 (1) | [G]
12 (NE) 01 | "Mi Gente (Remix)" - J Balvin ft. Willy William & Beyoncé | 12
13 (04) 03 | "Enchanté (Carine)" - Fergie ft. Axl Jack | 4
14 (NE) 01 | "Believer" - Imagine Dragons | 14
15 (NE) 01 | "Pray" - Sam Smith | 15
16 (10) 08 | "Broken Glass" - Rachel Platten | 1 (1) | [P]
17 (15) 07 | "Look What You Made Me Do" - Taylor Swift | 1 (1) | [P]
18 (09) 02 | "Miss You So Much" - Miley Cyrus | 9
19 (RE) 02 | "Whatever It Takes" - Imagine Dragons | 19
20 (RE) 21 | "Heartbreak Down" - P!nk | 2 (2) | [2xP]
21 (RE) 05 | "Come First" - Terror Jr | 5 | [G]