swiftie13's Weekly Charts - Re-Invention (Again)

Moderators: tdc2000, FreakyFlyBry

Postby swiftie13 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:44 pm

Welcome to my new weekly chart. While I loved my previous chart, I will desregard it when it comes to past chart achievements for it wil be too much work to continue. Thus, I am starting over! Enjoy, or not. I don't really care. Kidding aside, thank you for joining me once again after my long absence. This week, I fall in love with Jarryd James, Florence remains perfect, and no I am never getting over Taylor Swift.

Code: Select all
(NE)(1) Do You Remember - Jarryd James......................... (1)(1)
(NE)(2) What Kind of Man - Florence + the Machine.............. (2)(1)
(NE)(3) Graceland - Paul Simon................................. (3)(1)
(NE)(4) Blank Space - Taylor Swift............................. (4)(1)
(NE)(5) Give Me Something - Jarryd James....................... (5)(1)
(NE)(6) Wildest  Dreams - Taylor Swift......................... (6)(1)
(NE)(7) Magnets - Disclosure ft. Lorde......................... (7)(1)
(NE)(8) Open Season - Josef Salvat............................. (8)(1)
(NE)(9) All You Had to Do Was Stay - Ryan Adams................ (9)(1)
(NE)(10) Different Colored Pills - Amy Studt................... (10)(1)

ImageImageImageImage

Code: Select all
(NE)(1) How Big, How Blue, How Beautiful - Florence + the Machine ....... 300,000 - 300,000 (1)(1)
(NE)(2) Jarryd James EP - Jarryd James .................................. 250,000 - 250,000 (2)(1)
(NE)(3) 1989 -  Taylor Swift ............................................ 150,000 - 150,000 (3)(1)
(NE)(4) Fearless - Taylor Swift ........................................... 75,000 - 75,000 (4)(1)
(NE)(5) Graceland - Paul Simon ............................................ 73,000 - 73,000 (5)(1)
(NE)(6) American Life - Madonna ........................................... 70,000 - 70,000 (6)(1)
(NE)(7) Bedtime Stories - Madonna ......................................... 65,000 - 65,000 (7)(1)
(NE)(8) 1989 - Ryan Adams ................................................. 60,000 - 60,000 (8)(1)
(NE)(9) Josef Salvat EP - Josef Salvat .................................... 55,000 - 55,000 (9)(1)
(NE)(10) E-MO-TION - Carly Rae Jepsen ..................................... 25,000 - 25,000 (10)(1)

ImageImageImageImage

Last edited by swiftie13 on Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:03 pm, edited 5 times in total.
God Bless You... Akipaul> My Week Chart Potterhead.
swiftie13
Legend

Postby LionH3art » Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:23 pm

Great to see Josef charting! :) Your number one is really good as well!
LionH3art
Superstar

Postby swiftie13 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:44 pm

LionH3art wrote:Great to see Josef charting! :) Your number one is really good as well!
His voice is so amazing; he's one of my favorite discoveries this year! And Jarryd James is as well, glad you liked it!
swiftie13
Legend

Postby CrazyCrazy » Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:48 pm

So happy you have remained a fan of Studt and Paul Simon! 8-)

Amy's latest single is great.
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Postby swiftie13 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:06 pm

CrazyCrazy wrote:So happy you have remained a fan of Studt and Paul Simon! 8-)

Amy's latest single is great.
Of course, I'm a fan of talent 8-)
swiftie13
Legend

Postby LionH3art » Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:41 pm

swiftie13 wrote:
LionH3art wrote:Great to see Josef charting! :) Your number one is really good as well!
His voice is so amazing; he's one of my favorite discoveries this year! And Jarryd James is as well, glad you liked it!
Same here. Surprised Lana isn't charting, as they have a very similar style and vibe imo.

You should check out: g-eazy - tumblr girls (listen to it at least twice on repeat) and tell me what you think!
LionH3art
Superstar

Postby swiftie13 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:32 pm

LionH3art wrote:
swiftie13 wrote:
Same here. Surprised Lana isn't charting, as they have a very similar style and vibe imo.

You should check out: g-eazy - tumblr girls (listen to it at least twice on repeat) and tell me what you think!
I love Lana however her new album isn't going it for me yet. BTD was instant, Ultraviolence took a while but it's my favorite now. I'll definitely listen to Honeymoon more, though; I'm sure it'll grow on me. Also, I'll check 'em out!
swiftie13
Legend

Postby stevyy » Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:46 pm

yay Floréncé

Her album debuted with 651 scrobbles aka 651,000 copies sold on my chart. :D :P

bet cha.
stevyy
Legend

Postby Storyteller » Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:53 pm

(NE)(6) Wildest Dreams - Taylor Swift......................... (6)(1)

(NE)(1) How Big, How Blue, How Beautiful - Florence + the Machine ....... 300,000 - 300,000 (1)(1)
(NE)(3) 1989 - Taylor Swift ............................................ 150,000 - 150,000 (3)(1)
(NE)(4) Fearless - Taylor Swift ........................................... 75,000 - 75,000 (4)(1)
(NE)(6) American Life - Madonna ........................................... 70,000 - 70,000 (6)(1)
(NE)(7) Bedtime Stories - Madonna ......................................... 65,000 - 65,000 (7)(1)
(NE)(10) E-MO-TION - Carly Rae Jepsen ..................................... 25,000 - 25,000 (10)(1)

Love all of these, great to see the Taylor love. Fearless is such a great album, glad to see it still charting after all this time. It’s probably my fav Taylor record, that or Red.
Carly’s album is pretty great too, really didn’t expect to like it as much as I did, glad to see you like it too.
Oh and Madge. 8-) 8-)
Storyteller
Cowboy Casanova

Postby swiftie13 » Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:00 am

stevyy wrote:yay Floréncé

Her album debuted with 651 scrobbles aka 651,000 copies sold on my chart. :D :P

bet cha.
Haha you did beat me by a lot! It's such a perfect album, can;t decide if this is better than Ceremonials or not but it's definitely giving it a run for its money!

IrishLamb wrote:(NE)(2) What Kind of Man - Florence + the Machine.............. (2)(1)

(NE)(3) 1989 - Taylor Swift ............................................ 150,000 - 150,000 (3)(1)

Love all of these, great to see the Taylor love. Fearless is such a great album, glad to see it still charting after all this time. It’s probably my fav Taylor record, that or Red.
Carly’s album is pretty great too, really didn’t expect to like it as much as I did, glad to see you like it too.
Oh and Madge. 8-) 8-)
You have such a great taste! haha
swiftie13
Legend

Postby stevyy » Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:08 am

I am also not sure if I can place HBHBHB above the other 2. But one thing is true, all three of her albums are epic.

Ceremonials however has with Only If for a Night one of the 25 best songs ever recorded. I cherish it. My anthem.

But HBHBHB title track is epic too. The trumpets sell it and make it soul piercing.
stevyy
Legend

Postby swiftie13 » Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:17 am

stevyy wrote:I am also not sure if I can place HBHBHB above the other 2. But one thing is true, all three of her albums are epic.

Ceremonials however has with Only If for a Night one of the 25 best songs ever recorded. I cherish it. My anthem.

But HBHBHB title track is epic too. The trumpets sell it and make it soul piercing.
HBHBHB has such a royal feel to it, it's so good! I love how she experimented with instruments she's never used before! Queen of Peace sounds very Spanish with its horns. She can literally do no wrong.

Also for me, No Light No Light is one of my favorite songs ever and that's in Ceremonials so it's tough competition.
swiftie13
Legend

Postby Storyteller » Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:19 am

Aw thanks haha
What’s your fav Taylor Album?
Storyteller
Cowboy Casanova

Postby stevyy » Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:20 am

there was a time when i would abuse the repeat button on youtube to relive the NLNL performance on SNL..

Ever since I discovered her (in 2009), I called her my wife. Florence is one of the greatest ever artists in the music industry imo.

UKMIX is always about the same ole pop acts, when in fact someone like Florence is secretly releasing true gems and timeless evergreens.

whenever I listen to her, i have to stop doing what i do to fully experience the music. It captivates me. :D
stevyy
Legend

Postby swiftie13 » Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:45 am

IrishLamb wrote:Aw thanks haha
What’s your fav Taylor Album?
Red followed by Speak Now and 1989 but Fearless has had the most longevity for me... I really can't decide! Haha. Red and Speak Now (and some of 1989) have her absolute best songs but Fearless and 1989 are more consistent. It's hard to choose, but I always answer Red haha

stevyy wrote:there was a time when i would abuse the repeat button on youtube to relive the NLNL performance on SNL..

Ever since I discovered her (in 2009), I called her my wife. Florence is one of the greatest ever artists in the music industry imo.

UKMIX is always about the same ole pop acts, when in fact someone like Florence is secretly releasing true gems and timeless evergreens.

whenever I listen to her, i have to stop doing what i do to fully experience the music. It captivates me. :D
I definitely share the same opinion. She gives me a lot of timeless vibes. She's like a modern Stevie Nicks with her haunting voice and mysterious persona and impeccable songwriting/music.
swiftie13
Legend

Postby Biebz » Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:43 am

Love all the Taylor and Magnets :)
my reputation's never been worse so you must like me for me
Biebz
Best Damn Member

Postby HaskaWuga » Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:59 am

Well, the taylor songs are probably only song I know from your singles chart (I have listen to Magnets too, but just one time and I forgot how it sounds like. Well, I should listen again soon)
But I luhhh the album chart!! I love those Taylor and Madonna albums, also Emotion by Carly!
My fave album by taylor is Speak Now btw :D
eas•y /ēzē/
HaskaWuga
Manager

Postby JSparksFan » Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:52 am

I checked out that "All You Had to Do Was Stay" cover, and it was so terrible I had to play the original a few times to cleanse my system. :lol:

"What Kind of Man", as far as Florence songs go, is pretty average. "Blank Space" is great until the bridge, and "Wildest Dreams" produced a look of bewilderment from me when I first heard it was single #5. There are so many stronger choices. The video was cute, though.

"You think your pain and your heartbreak are unprecedented in the history of the world, but then you read." - James Baldwin
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby swiftie13 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:00 pm

ThatBieberSide wrote:Love all the Taylor and Magnets :)
Lorde never disappoints! I cannot wait for her sophomore effort

HaskaWuga wrote:Well, the taylor songs are probably only song I know from your singles chart (I have listen to Magnets too, but just one time and I forgot how it sounds like. Well, I should listen again soon)
But I luhhh the album chart!! I love those Taylor and Madonna albums, also Emotion by Carly!
My fave album by taylor is Speak Now btw :D
Magnets is so catchy! You should love it. And thanks, I'm glad you love the albums! Haha that's always my favorite of the two charts.

JSparksFan wrote:I checked out that "All You Had to Do Was Stay" cover, and it was so terrible I had to play the original a few times to cleanse my system. :lol:

"What Kind of Man", as far as Florence songs go, is pretty average. "Blank Space" is great until the bridge, and "Wildest Dreams" produced a look of bewilderment from me when I first heard it was single #5. There are so many stronger choices. The video was cute, though.

I love the Ryan Adams cover. It's not Taylor Swift's version but it is that 80s style that I love lol

WKOM is not average, byeeeeeee. As for WD being the fifth single, I was happy lol to me, besides NR it's the only single left on the album and I want NR to close out the era so I'm glad it came first. Her videos this era are so gorgeous and high budget :lol: I'm enjoying them.
swiftie13
Legend

Postby swiftie13 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:07 pm

LionH3art wrote:
swiftie13 wrote:

I like the instrumental to Tumblr Girls a lot; not such a fan of the rest haha. However I can see it growing on me. Maybe. Rap is a genre I rarely listen to, I just cannot connect to a lot of it.
swiftie13
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:49 am

swiftie13 wrote:WKOM is not average, byeeeeeee. As for WD being the fifth single, I was happy lol to me, besides NR it's the only single left on the album and I want NR to close out the era so I'm glad it came first. Her videos this era are so gorgeous and high budget :lol: I'm enjoying them.
The biggest pro of the country/pop to pure pop transition. 8-)

And I said average "by Florence's own (high) standards". It's no "Delilah", but it's better than...well, "Wildest Dreams". :lol:
"You think your pain and your heartbreak are unprecedented in the history of the world, but then you read." - James Baldwin
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby swiftie13 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:25 pm

JSparksFan wrote:
swiftie13 wrote:WKOM is not average, byeeeeeee. As for WD being the fifth single, I was happy lol to me, besides NR it's the only single left on the album and I want NR to close out the era so I'm glad it came first. Her videos this era are so gorgeous and high budget :lol: I'm enjoying them.
The biggest pro of the country/pop to pure pop transition. 8-)

And I said average "by Florence's own (high) standards". It's no "Delilah", but it's better than...well, "Wildest Dreams". :lol:
As much as I love Delilah, it's no What Kind of Man, How Big..., Various Storms & Saints, or Queen of Peace <3

It seems as if you aren't a fan of WD :lol: shame
swiftie13
Legend

Postby LionH3art » Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:48 pm

swiftie13 wrote:
LionH3art wrote:
swiftie13 wrote:

I like the instrumental to Tumblr Girls a lot; not such a fan of the rest haha. However I can see it growing on me. Maybe. Rap is a genre I rarely listen to, I just cannot connect to a lot of it.
I bet you will love it next week. Everyone on ukmix does. :P You don't have to be into rap to appreciate G-Eazy!
LionH3art
Superstar

Postby swiftie13 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:16 pm

LionH3art wrote:I bet you will love it next week. Everyone on ukmix does. :P You don't have to be into rap to appreciate G-Eazy!
Haha, we shall see :wink:
swiftie13
Legend

Postby CrazyCrazy » Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:22 pm

I'm giving Different Colour Pills more listens lately and I've really "clicked" with it, it's absolutely gorgeous!

You should listen to Sleepwalker too if you haven't already.
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Return to Personal Charts