ThomyX's Kylie Minogue Top 40 [#1 REVEALED!]

Moderators: trebor, tdc2000, JSparksFan, FreakyFlyBry

Postby ThomyX » Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:35 pm

Hello, guys!
I've been a fan of Miss Minogue for more than 10 years now, and I've liked her ever since my childhood. Words can't describe how much I love this woman's music, her back catalogue is full of wonderful tunes that accompany your mood, no matter how you feel, you can always find something fitting from her repertoire.
I know there must have been a lot of Kylie charts on the site before, but lately I realised that my list is usually quite different from others' favourites. In the next few days, I'd like to share my personal Kylie Minogue Top 40 with you.

My list consists of 18 singles, 2 promo singles, 17 album tracks and 3 B-sides.

I'm going to reveal the songs in groups of five and I'll always include a well-known single/fan favourite that didn't make the Top 40.

Stay tuned for the first bunch! :wink:
Last edited by ThomyX on Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:21 pm, edited 16 times in total.
ThomyX
Superstar

Postby ThomyX » Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:39 pm

Here's the first team!

OUT OF TOP 40:
IN MY ARMS
ALBUM: X | YEAR: 2008
Kylie's third UK single from her 'X' album narrowly missed the Top 40. The song became a Top 20 hit in more than eight countries, including the UK, where it peaked at #10. It's also her best video of the 'X' era. [LISTEN]
---
#40-#36:

#40: The World Still Turns
ALBUM: RHYTHM OF LOVE | YEAR: 1990
The 40th track on my list is the sixth track on Kylie's third studio album, Rhythm of Love. This is one of the few songs from her PWL era which wasn't written by the Stock/Aitken/Waterman trio and where even Kylie was involved in the songwriting phase. 'The World Still Turns' is a typical heartbreak song that is easy to listen to, but strikes up a catchy saxophone solo towards the second part of the track.
[LISTEN]

#39: I Don't Know What It Is
ALBUM: 2 HEARTS - SINGLE | YEAR: 2007
The B-side to her comeback single from 2007, 'I Don't Know What It Is', operates with cacthy segments from the beginning to the end of the song. Not only the pre-chorus is killer, but also you'll have problems with getting the 'pa ra ra ra ra' part out of your head! Should've been on 'X'.
[LISTEN]

#38: Still Standing
ALBUM: BODY LANGUAGE | YEAR: 2004
After her proper dance albums, 'Light Years' and 'Fever', Kylie introduced a different, urban-like sound to her fans with the album 'Body Language'. 'Still Standing' is a great example of the direction she tried out with the album, and it's also the best non-single track on 'Body Language'.
[LISTEN]

#37: Through The Years
ALBUM: IMPOSSIBLE PRINCESS | YEAR: 1997
With lyrics written by Kylie herself, 'Through The Years' is one of the diva's darkest songs and is definitely something you'd rarely expect from her. The trumpet solo towards the end (accompanied by whispery vocals) makes it a very stuffy song.
[LISTEN]

#36: One Boy Girl
Though one could rightfully say this song is anything but special, the innocent and still rebellious lyrics and the heavy beats make this track irresistible for me. The rap part towards the end also adds to the song.
[LISTEN]
--
Stay tuned for the second bunch! :wink:
Last edited by ThomyX on Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ThomyX
Superstar

Postby Star » Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:52 pm

Through The Years, Still Standing - both good.
I Don't Know What It Is - better than the A side :P
Star
Sensational

Postby ThomyX » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:34 pm

Star wrote:Through The Years, Still Standing - both good.
I Don't Know What It Is - better than the A side :P
Thank you for your response, I thought no one would read lol :P Well, I don't want to give away anything about '2 Hearts' (in case anyone's interested in the list), but they're not on the same level for me either!
ThomyX
Superstar

Postby ThomyX » Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:13 pm

Here comes the second group!

OUT OF TOP 40:
SPINNING AROUND
ALBUM: LIGHT YEARS | YEAR: 2000
This song marks Kylie's comeback to the mainstream dance/pop scene and the accompanying video features the famous golden hotpants. The only reason I didn't include it in the Top 40 is that I've become a bit bored of it through the years. A great song nonetheless. [LISTEN]
---
#35-#31:

#35: I'll Still Be Loving You
ALBUM: KYLIE | YEAR: 1988
Being hidden among classics like 'I Should Be So Lucky', 'I'll Still Be Loving You' certainly isn't the first thing that would grab the attention of the casual listener on Kylie's debut record. It was the same with me during the first listens of the album. However, whenever my iPod picked this track for me and I could listen to it out of the context of the album, I could really appreciate the song and I realised how great it is. It has slowly become my favourite on Miss Minogue's 'Kylie' album, it's a real hidden gem.
[LISTEN]

#34: Automatic Love
ALBUM: KYLIE MINOGUE | YEAR: 1994
Among all of her albums, Kylie's self-titled one from 1994 is the one that showcases her vocal abilities the best. Though the album in its entirely might not be her finest because of some dull and far too long songs, it surely has it's moments. 'Automatic Love' is one of them, it's a perfect mid-tempo love song full of emotions that Kylie brings perfectly in this one.
[LISTEN]

#33: Wouldn't Change A Thing
ALBUM: ENJOY YOURSELF | YEAR: 1989
The first single on the list. 'Wouldn't Change A Thing' is an effortless, sugary, feel-good PWL pop song that somehow, despite a bit of cheesiness, still becomes irresistible. I can't help loving it.
[LISTEN]

#32: Cowboy Style
ALBUM: IMPOSSIBLE PRINCESS | YEAR: 1997
This song was the 4th single from Kylie's underappreciated 'Impossible Princess' album, but unfortunately, in Australia only. 'Cowboy Style' has many catchy hooks and presents a more mature and different sound of Kylie. Great one.
[LISTEN]

#31: Somewhere Over The Rainbow
ALBUM: SOMEWHERE OVER THE RAINBOW - SINGLE / SHOWGIRL HOMECOMING LIVE | YEAR: 2005 / 2007
Kylie's live version of 'Somewhere Over The Rainbow' was released as a promotional and digital only single during the time of her cancer treatment. This rendition of the Wizard of Oz classic means a lot to me, maybe because of those things that happened with Kylie at the time of this release. After her recovery, she performed the song on tour again, and I gotta admit that the latter version, available on her 'Showgirl Homecoming Live' CD, turned out even better than the first one. Flawless vocal performance.
[LISTEN]
--
I'm gonna post the next five tomorrow morning! :)
ThomyX
Superstar

Postby Tiger » Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:39 pm

#33: Wouldn't Change A Thing

Fav Kylie song.
These foolish games are tearing me apart

My CHART
Tiger
Lover Of (Mostly) Everything Pop

Postby ThomyX » Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:03 am

Here's the third bunch, this time with some well-known songs, too! :wink:

OUT OF TOP 40:
WHERE THE WILD ROSES GROW
ALBUM: WHERE THE WILD ROSES GROW - SINGLE / MURDER BALLADS | YEAR: 1995
I know this might shock some people, but Kylie's collaboration with Nick Cave didn't come close to my personal Top 40 at all. I always felt this is a very overrated track, I find it quite dull and I personally don't enjoy Kylie's vocals in it. [LISTEN]
---
#30-#26:

#30: Put Yourself In My Place
'Put Yourself In My Place' is a wonderful song, one of the highlights on the 'Kylie Minogue' album. The bittersweet melody and the heartbreaking lyrics make it one of the best Kylie ballads ever. I often listen to it when I feel sad or am having heartbreak problems (lol).
[LISTEN]

#29: Speakerphone
ALBUM: X | YEAR: 2007
'Speakerphone' is not only a fan favourite, but also even Madonna picked this one as her favourite track from Kylie's 'X' album. And it really is wonderful, though my problem with it is that after playing it many times, I grew a bit tired of it. If you had asked me two years ago, I would surely have placed it in my Top 10.
[LISTEN]

#28: The One
The final and the most underrated single from the 'X' era. This is a track that I hated on the first listens of the album, but then it grew on me a lot and I now think it's one of the best songs on 'X'. The 'Can you hear me?' part is unbelievably catchy!
[LISTEN]

#27: Slow
ALBUM: BODY LANGUAGE | YEAR: 2003
In 2003, 'Slow' was a shocking change after Kylie's previous singles like 'Spinning Around', 'Can't Get You Out Of My Head' or 'Come Into My World'. I remember many fans hated it when it came out, but it looks like it has eventually become a fan favourite, as Kylie performed it on every single tour of hers. A great, sensual pop song.
[LISTEN]

#26: Butterfly
ALBUM: LIGHT YEARS / BUTTERFLY - SINGLE | YEAR: 2000 / 2001
Although it was released as a promo single only, the heavily club-influenced 'Butterfly' still became a minor hit on the US dance scene: it peaked at #14 on the US Club Play Chart. The commercial release of the song was pulled in favour of the more radio-friendly 'Please Stay'. It's a shame really, as 'Butterfly' is one of the greatest tracks on 'Light Years'.
[LISTEN]
--
The next five are coming on Sunday (I won't be online until then)!
ThomyX
Superstar

Postby Tiger » Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:45 am

WHERE THE WILD ROSES GROW

#26: Butterfly
#27: Slow
#30: Put Yourself In My Place

Those are all interesting

My CHART
Tiger

Postby ThomyX » Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:23 pm

Here comes the next group!

OUT OF TOP 40:
YOUR DISCO NEEDS YOU
ALBUM: LIGHT YEARS | YEAR: 2001
'Your Disco Needs You' is clearly a fan favourite - whenever Kylie asked for requests on her live shows, the crowd went mental and demanded this song. Personally, I don't get the love for it, I find parts of the lyrics cringeworthy and the track as a whole is too campy for my taste. One of my least favourite Kylie tunes. [LISTEN]
---
#25-#21:

#25: Rendezvous At Sunset
ALBUM: CAN'T GET YOU OUT OF MY HEAD - SINGLE | YEAR: 2001
The B-side to Kylie's mega-smash, 'Can't Get You Out Of My Head' is a track that could easily replace one of the fillers on the 'Fever' album. I listen to this song every summer - it has a very romantic and summery sound, I love it.
[LISTEN]

#24: Nu-di-ty
Most of the fans hate 'Nu-di-ty', but I think it's one of the most interesting pieces on 'X'. The dirty, J-pop influenced song perfectly brings forward the archness that has always been around Kylie.
[LISTEN]

#23: Confide In Me
'Confide In Me' marks the biggest switch between directions in Kylie's career. It was her first song after ditching PWL and it remains one of her all-time best ones. Flawless vocals in this one.
[LISTEN]

#22: Mighty Rivers
ALBUM: APHRODITE | YEAR: 2010
Not releasing 'Mighty Rivers' is one of the biggest mistakes in Miss Minogue's career. 'Mighty Rivers' is available as an 'Aphrodite' bonus track on iTunes only, which is a shame, really. It had the potential to become a hit single, I could easily imagine this as the follow-up single to 'All the Lovers'.
[LISTEN]

#21: Can't Beat The Feeling
Another album track from 'Aphrodite'. Fans call it as the next 'Love At First Sight', but I think this one is better. It's a great dancey summer track, it always puts me in a good mood. Thank you for recording this, Kylie!
[LISTEN]
--
From now on, I'm going to post the rest of the chart in groups of three. The next bunch is coming tomorrow!
ThomyX
Superstar

Postby ThomyX » Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:36 pm

Onto the next three!

OUT OF TOP 40:
ON A NIGHT LIKE THIS
Another fan favourite from the fan favourite album, 'Light Years'. Though it has started growing on me lately (after watching Kylie's Les Folies live show), I still don't get the admiration for this track. The video is good, by the way. [LISTEN]
---
#20-#18:

#20: What Do I Have To Do?
ALBUM: RHYTHM OF LOVE | YEAR: 1991
The third single from 'Rhythm Of Love'. It pushed forward the change in Kylie's style at that time, as her image was turning from 'girl next door' into 'sex siren'. 'What Do I Have To Do?' is a great dance-pop song written by the S/A/W trio, and reached #6 on the official UK charts.
[LISTEN]

#19: Good Like That
ALBUM: IN YOUR EYES - SINGLE | YEAR: 2002
The B-side to Kylie's 'In Your Eyes' single is a lot better than the A-side in my opinion. 'Good Like That' is irresistibly catchy, though I see why it was dropped from 'Fever'. It would have a better place on 'Body Language'.
[LISTEN]

#18: Shocked (DNA Mix)
ALBUM: SHOCKED - SINGLE | YEAR: 1991
I find the single version of 'Shocked' a lot better than the one on the album - the new beats and the rap part performed by Jazzi P turned the original song to an amazing piece of the '90s' dance-pop. The cover image is one of the best shots among Kylie's singles.
[LISTEN]
ThomyX
Superstar

Postby Tiger » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:03 pm

YOUR DISCO NEEDS YOU
ON A NIGHT LIKE THIS

#18: Shocked (DNA Mix)
#20: What Do I Have To Do?
#23: Confide In Me

Your Disco Needs You?! On a Night Like This?! They're great

My CHART
Tiger

Postby ThomyX » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:59 pm

Tiger wrote:Your Disco Needs You?! On a Night Like This?! They're great
Well, they couldn't win me in 10 years so I guess it will never change for me! :oops: I admit 'On A Night Like This' is pretty good and would probably be in my Top 60. Can't say the same about YDNY, though!
ThomyX
Superstar

Postby ThomyX » Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:57 am

Update!

OUT OF TOP 40:
IN YOUR EYES
ALBUM: FEVER | YEAR: 2002
Though it still became a big hit, 'In Your Eyes' did not live up to the success of its predecessor, 'Can't Get You Out Of My Head' and I guess 'it's no surprise'! There are a lot better tracks on 'Fever', they should have picked something else as the second single. The video is great, though! [LISTEN]
---
#17-#15:

#17: Too Much
Produced by Calvin Harris, 'Too Much' is one of the standout tracks on Kylie's latest album, 'Aphrodite'. It has a mature dance-pop sound that suits Kylie very well.
[LISTEN]

#16: Surrender
My favourite song on Kylie's self-titled album. Only few people know that 'Surrender' is actually a cover of Tia Carrere's song of the same title. 'Surrender' is a sensual track with diverse vocals and great lyrics. One of the best vocal performances from Miss Minogue!
[LISTEN]

#15: Sensitized
My second favourite track on 'X'. The only thing that may put some people off is that it's basically a powered-up version of 'Bonnie and Clyde' by Serge Gainsbourg and Brigitte Bardot. We know that Brigitte is a huge inspiration for Kylie, so it certainly isn't coincidence.
'Sensitized' turned out as a great, sexy track with clever lyrics.
[LISTEN]
ThomyX
Superstar

Postby ThomyX » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:21 pm

Getting 'closer and closer' to the Top 10!

OUT OF TOP 40:
PUT YOUR HANDS UP (IF YOU FEEL LOVE)
ALBUM: APHRODITE | YEAR: 2011
Kylie's latest output just doesn't do it for me - I find the song quite bland. I'm sure it works great in a live set, but sounds quite boring on the album. The remixes included on the single power it up a bit, I definitely recommend listening to the Nervo and Basto mixes and also to the B-side, 'Silence'. [LISTEN]
---
#14-#12:

#14: Please Stay
My second favourite on 'Light Years'. 'Please Stay' is a fantastic, bittersweet song, though the lyrics are quite simple. I love the video too. This single marks Kylie's 20th Top 10 hit in the UK.
[LISTEN]

#13: Light Years
'Light Years' is my absolute favourite track from the album of the same title. It has a very futuristic sound, quite reminiscent of Donna Summer's 'I Feel Love'. It's one of the most iconic pieces in Minogue's back catalogue - lyrics like 'Please, fasten your seatbelts / My name is Kylie / I'll be your purser' make me go crazy!
[LISTEN]

#12: Fragile
ALBUM: FEVER | YEAR: 2001
A great mid-tempo track from 'Fever' with one of the greatest Kylie lyrics ever. I found it quite dull at first, but quickly grew on me after some spins. A hidden gem!
[LISTEN]
ThomyX
Superstar

Postby ThomyX » Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:06 pm

Where are you people? :lol: We're about to enter the Top 10! Say Hey if you're here!

OUT OF TOP 40:
BETTER THE DEVIL YOU KNOW
One of the biggest fan favourites and the opener on both the Showgirl and Showgirl Homecoming tours. It is a good track indeed, but way too overrated actually. It was a good opportunity to highlight the transition of Kylie from 'girl next door' to 'sexy siren', but there are better songs on 'Rhythm Of Love'. [LISTEN]
---
#11-#10:

#11: All the Lovers
One of Kylie's most successful singles after 'Can't Get You Out Of My Head' just missed out on the Top 10. 'All the Lovers' is an instant classic that will sound as fresh after five years from now as it does today. It has a great euphoric sound, the song and the video are both highlights of Kylie's career.
[LISTEN]

#10: Get Outta My Way
Though 'Get Outta My Way' performed below the expectations (it missed out on the UK Top 10 and became one of Kylie's least successful singles in Australia with peaking at #69 on the Singles Chart), it's undoubtedly one of the best songs she has ever recorded. All parts of the song are killer, it's definitely what pop music should sound like. Take notes, bitchez!
[LISTEN]
ThomyX
Superstar

Postby phoenix98 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:49 pm

you've got a pretty surprising list here! :o

so many fan favorites (and personal favorites of mine) didn't even make your list! "Your Disco Needs You", "On A Night Like This", and "Spinning Around" would all make my Kylie Top 10! "Better The Devil You Know" would certainly make my Top 40.

and you've got some very random (but not necessarily bad) album tracks/B-sides that DID make it, like "The World Still Turns", "I Don't Know What It Is", "Through The Years", "I'll Still Be Loving You", "Rendezvous At Sunset", and "Mighty Rivers"! I don't think I've ever seen any of those mentioned as fan-favorites before!

I agree about "Where The Wild Roses Grow" being hugely over-rated, it's one of my least favorite Kylie singles. really glad to see "What Do I Have To Do", "Shocked" (and the DNA Mix at that), "Please Stay", and "All The Lovers" make your Top 20! those would all be in my Top 20 too, and "All The Lovers" was my absolute favorite tune of 2010. :D
phoenix98
Legend

Postby Tiger » Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:18 am

PUT YOUR HANDS UP (IF YOU FEEL LOVE)
#14: Please Stay
#10: Get Outta My Way

Get Outta MY Way is really high.

My CHART
Tiger

Postby ThomyX » Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:21 am

phoenix98 wrote:you've got a pretty surprising list here! :o

so many fan favorites (and personal favorites of mine) didn't even make your list! "Your Disco Needs You", "On A Night Like This", and "Spinning Around" would all make my Kylie Top 10! "Better The Devil You Know" would certainly make my Top 40.

and you've got some very random (but not necessarily bad) album tracks/B-sides that DID make it, like "The World Still Turns", "I Don't Know What It Is", "Through The Years", "I'll Still Be Loving You", "Rendezvous At Sunset", and "Mighty Rivers"! I don't think I've ever seen any of those mentioned as fan-favorites before!

I agree about "Where The Wild Roses Grow" being hugely over-rated, it's one of my least favorite Kylie singles. really glad to see "What Do I Have To Do", "Shocked" (and the DNA Mix at that), "Please Stay", and "All The Lovers" make your Top 20! those would all be in my Top 20 too, and "All The Lovers" was my absolute favorite tune of 2010. :D
Thanks for your response! :D
Well, I guess you now get the introduction where I said my list is quite different from the others! :lol: But don't worry, there are some real treasures in the Top 10 (or at least I hope you'll like them, because I certainly do! :lol: )

Okay, here's a HINT about the rest of the list:
7 of the 9 remaining songs are singles!
ThomyX
Superstar

Postby phoenix98 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:45 pm

ThomyX wrote:Thanks for your response! :D
no problem! I really adore Kylie, and she's got such an amazing discography, it's definitely fun to see what other fans consider her best work. :D

I noticed in another thread that "2 Hearts" is the song that turned you into a mega-fan, but that's another of my least favorite Kylie singles, so hopefully it's not TOO too high! ;)
phoenix98
Legend

Postby ThomyX » Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:10 pm

phoenix98 wrote:
ThomyX wrote:Thanks for your response! :D
no problem! I really adore Kylie, and she's got such an amazing discography, it's definitely fun to see what other fans consider her best work. :D

I noticed in another thread that "2 Hearts" is the song that turned you into a mega-fan, but that's another of my least favorite Kylie singles, so hopefully it's not TOO too high! ;)
I don't want to give anything away, but one thing is for sure: we're gonna meet it VERY soon! :wink:
ThomyX
Superstar

Postby ThomyX » Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:57 pm

Getting closer and closer to #1!

OUT OF TOP 40:
WOW
'Wow', in my opinion, was a very poor choice of a single. The 'X' album had so many potential hits ('Speakerphone' or 'Like A Drug' to mention only two) and they still wasted a single slot for this track. 'Wow' shows nothing new from Kylie, and sounds kiddy. I'm sure it's going to sound dated in a short time. Anyway, 'Wow' went top 10 in the UK and managed to sell more than 180,000 copies. [LISTEN]
---
#9-#8:

#9: Closer
Probably Kylie's most strange sounding song ever. 'Closer' may seem a bit out of place on 'Aphrodite', but it's undoubtedly one of the best songs on it. It's a wistful track with edgy lyrics and a sinister tune. I'm not sure if it would've made a good single or not, but I wished it could get green light and get released just out of curiosity. Unfortunately, that didn't happen. The live performance of 'Closer' on Kylie's latest Les Folies Tour is definitely a highlight of the show, it's worth checking out.
[LISTEN]

#8: 2 Hearts
This special piece of glam-rock Kylie is a huge personal favourite of mine. Before '2 Hearts', I knew only one, the dancey/poppy side of her. I loved her since 'Spinning Around', but wasn't a devoted fan, I was simply a casual listener. Her row of dance hits ('Spinning Around', 'On A Night Like This', 'Can't Get You Out Of My Head', 'Slow', 'I Believe In You', 'Giving You Up') made me think it was the only side of her, even though I loved that too. When her comeback single, '2 Hearts' arrived, I was hooked and couldn't believe it was Kylie. It made me look after her material in detail, and then I discovered she has so many sounds. I got 'X' soon after the release of the first single and it converted me crazy for Kylie. I collected all of her albums and most of the DVDs since then. I guess '2 Hearts' will remain one of my biggest favourites from Miss Minogue for ever.
[LISTEN]
ThomyX
Superstar

Postby phoenix98 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:10 pm

aw, the only one I like in that last bunch is the one that didn't even make your list: "Wow"! :lol:

apart from "All The Lovers", "Get Outta My Way", and "Too Much", I was pretty disappointed with Aphrodite. I get that it's meant to be an album with a more cohesive dance sound, but I feel like most of the tracks blend together to the point that they're just forgettable. none of them are TERRIBLE (though "Better Than Today" is pretty bad), but very few are outstanding (really just ATL and GOMW).

"2 Hearts" is my least favorite X song (tied with "Heart Beat Rock") and I still have NO idea why it was chosen as the lead single! I can respect Kylie for wanting to experiment with her sound (though I think she's definitely at her best when she's doing pop/dance), but leave a song like "2 Hearts" as an album track, not the LEAD SINGLE! oh well, I'm glad to hear at least you had a really positive experience thanks to it! ;)
phoenix98
Legend

Postby ThomyX » Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:17 pm

phoenix98 wrote:aw, the only one I like in that last bunch is the one that didn't even make your list: "Wow"! :lol:

apart from "All The Lovers", "Get Outta My Way", and "Too Much", I was pretty disappointed with Aphrodite. I get that it's meant to be an album with a more cohesive dance sound, but I feel like most of the tracks blend together to the point that they're just forgettable. none of them are TERRIBLE (though "Better Than Today" is pretty bad), but very few are outstanding (really just ATL and GOMW).
Haha, I'm starting to realise you might not like the Top 10! And there I mean not at all! :lol:
On Aphrodite, there are two songs that I find very forgettable, PYHU and Illusion. The album at first listen sounded too coherent for me too, but after playing it a lot, the individuality of each track started standing out slowly. Now I consider it one of Kylie's best albums (though it's certainly not my favourite).
ThomyX
Superstar

Postby phoenix98 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:33 pm

ThomyX wrote:Haha, I'm starting to realise you might not like the Top 10! And there I mean not at all! :lol:
:lol: even if our favorites don't match at all, your countdown is still fun to follow! I guess I'd group the Aphrodite tracks like this:

GREAT === "All The Lovers", "Get Outta My Way"
GOOD === "Too Much", "Cupid Boy", "Heartstrings"
OK === "Put Your Hands Up", "Everything Is Beautiful", "Looking For An Angel"
FORGETTABLE === "Closer", "Illusion", "Can't Beat The Feeling"
SUB-PAR (I don't wanna say "BAD") === "Aphrodite", "Better Than Today"

I know a lot of fans seem to love the title track, but I really just can't get into it. I don't find the chorus catchy or enjoyable.
phoenix98
Legend

Postby ThomyX » Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:02 pm

phoenix98 wrote::lol: even if our favorites don't match at all, your countdown is still fun to follow! I guess I'd group the Aphrodite tracks like this:

GREAT === "All The Lovers", "Get Outta My Way"
GOOD === "Too Much", "Cupid Boy", "Heartstrings"
OK === "Put Your Hands Up", "Everything Is Beautiful", "Looking For An Angel"
FORGETTABLE === "Closer", "Illusion", "Can't Beat The Feeling"
SUB-PAR (I don't wanna say "BAD") === "Aphrodite", "Better Than Today"

I know a lot of fans seem to love the title track, but I really just can't get into it. I don't find the chorus catchy or enjoyable.
You forgot 'Mighty Rivers'! Where would you put that one? :P I totally agree about the title track, btw!

New HINT:
Two more Aphrodite songs are still yet to chart!
ThomyX
Superstar

Return to Personal Charts