My Top 20 Favourite Artists! -- #1 revealed!

Moderators: JSparksFan, tdc2000, FreakyFlyBry

Who will be my #1?

Poll ended at Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:40 pm

Amy Studt
21%
Yoko Ono
63%
Paul Simon
No votes
Alanis Morissette
11%
Kate Bush
5%

Total votes : 19

Postby CrazyCrazy » Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:40 pm

I feel like fleshing out my Top 20 as of now, it's mainly an overall top 20, things will undoubtedly change over time, this is just how I feel right now.

I'll post the artists that are climbing my ranks but did not make my current Top 20!

oooooo--MISSED--oooooo

o The Blue Nile
[Quite new to them but am really impressed with what I've heard and feel like they will be a future favourite, hope they make more music though]

o Clare Maguire
[A favourite from the past year, I knew from the moment I heard 'Ain't Nobody' she'd be on my radar. Her album 'Light After Dark' was kinda underwhelming but I was still happy with it, another stronger album and she'll be doing great things in my chart!]

o Loretta Lynn
[People might think I'm strange but I love Loretta, she has a gorgeous voice and has many real good tracks, I enjoy her religious songs the most. I think the reason I got into her is because my late dad enjoyed many of her songs so there's that connection too. She'll always be an artist I like alot but just not quite Top 20 for now.]

o Kirsty MacColl
[I love Kirsty and she was a strong contender for my Top 20, just missed out--although I'm having 2nd thoughts about not including her! I love her albums 'Tropical Brainstorm' & 'Titanic Days' the most from what I've heard! She is described as being the previous generations Lily Allen, I can see that but still think she's much better!]

o Tori Amos
[People know I like her so may be surprised she's not higher, I love much of her but alot I also don't like so much, she's been off my radar for a while now! I think she is fab still though!]

o Gorillaz
[I am really starting to like them alot, always semi liked them but they have some grewat music, will have potential for Top 20 in the future especially if they keep releasing strong albums like 'Plastic Beach'!]

o Jack Johnson
[I used to really like him! I still enjoy many of his tracks but his just been off my radar of late but his music is perfect for lazing about on summer days, real simple and breezy music! :D ]

o Jamiroquai
[I love many of their tunes and have only in the recent year started to listen to them properly but they just miss out! I have not heard their recent album yet either! They have some great funky numbers!]

o Tom Waits
[A real contender for a high placing in the future - Unique vocal style, real diverse and interesting material, just watch this space!]

o Kid Harpoon
[His album 'Once' features some great tunes, he is an artist I am watching out for in the future, he has a few EPS that I've only heard bits of but he is real good!]

My Top 20:

#20 - KT Tunstall
#19 - David Bowie
#18 - Poe
#17 - Joan Osborne
#16 - Will Young
#15 - Nina Hagen
#14 - Sheryl Crow
#13 - Nerina Pallot
#12 - Klaus Nomi
#11 - Björk
#10 - M.I.A.
#9 - PJ Harvey
#8 - Anastacia
#7 - Glen Campbell
#6 - Goldfrapp
#5 - Kate Bush
#4 - Alanis Morissette
#3 - Amy Studt
#2 - Paul Simon
#1 - Yoko Ono
Last edited by CrazyCrazy on Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:20 pm, edited 28 times in total.
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:45 pm

I'm not sure, but I think Alanis. :-?
Aretha Franklin was an angel. Her voice helped lift our spirits and at times gave us the soundtrack to cope with our pain.
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby CrazyCrazy » Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:51 pm

JSparksFan wrote:I'm not sure, but I think Alanis. :-?
:lol:

That's the thing because I don't stan for anyone in particular! Anastacia was on the short list too but I thought I'd confuse people! :lol: I'm a pain to figure out!! :lol: :oops:
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Postby CrazyCrazy » Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:37 pm

||20||
KT Tunstall

Now, KT was never a favourite, I always enjoyed her but that was it! It wasn't until her 3rd album I started to genuinely really like her and realise I did quite like almost everything else I'd heard from her! Her style is great and I enjoy her gritty pop sound, she has a great voice aswell!

My Top 10 (in no order):

o Hold On
o Funnyman
o (Still A) Weirdo
o Fade Like A Shadow
o Heal Over
o Suddenly I See
o Silent Sea
o Universe & U
o Push That Knot Away
o Uummannaq Song

:D
Last edited by CrazyCrazy on Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Postby AlexZ » Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:43 pm

Voted for Amy Studt, because she is the best in list.
Sad, than Anastacia don't made Top 5 here.

In missing list:
Shania Twain : Love her music, she is a singer for my next ultimate countdowns. (with Sugababes, Girls Aloud, Geri Halliwell, ABBA, Steps, maybe Sophie Ellis Bextor)

Blondie: yes, I'm sure, than you know my favourite singles of Blondie.
Heidi Range - Change Your Wicked Ways
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4XpC8BEE1I
Heidi Range, you are my angel and I love you.
AlexZ
Manager

Location: In wonderful place, where Alex and Heidi Range are happy together

Postby CrazyCrazy » Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:47 pm

AlexZ wrote:Voted for Amy Studt, because she is the best in list.
Sad, than Anastacia don't made Top 5 here.

In missing list:
Shania Twain : Love her music, she is a singer for my next ultimate countdowns. (with Sugababes, Girls Aloud, Geri Halliwell, ABBA, Steps, maybe Sophie Ellis Bextor)

Blondie: yes, I'm sure, than you know my favourite singles of Blondie.
Amy has done very well here! :wink:

Regarding Anastacia, about 3 years ago she would have definitely been my #1 but my taste really has changed a little! But no need to worry she has a real healthy position she is a firm favourite! :D

Aww Shania is real good but the only album I really like is Up! I like nearly all of it but her other albums have been patchy for me! :-?

Blondie are great yes I know you enjoy them too! They have potential for big things in my chart after I've listened to more of them! :D
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Postby stevyy » Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:08 pm

i only know suddenly i see by KT.
stevyy
Legend

Postby CrazyCrazy » Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:20 pm

stevyy wrote:i only know suddenly i see by KT.
When you have time, check out some of my top 10 you might enjoy other songs from her! :D
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Postby FreakyFlyBry » Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:27 pm

Good to see KT Tunstall in there, I really liked the stuff from her first album in particular :D

Shame to see Tori Amos, Gorillaz, Jack Johnson, Jamiroquai, Macy Gray, Shania Twain, k.d. lang, Blondie and the Red Hot Chili Peppers miss out though!
FreakyFlyBry
No Title, No Topic

Postby CrazyCrazy » Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:53 pm

FreakyFlyBry wrote:Good to see KT Tunstall in there, I really liked the stuff from her first album in particular :D

Shame to see Tori Amos, Gorillaz, Jack Johnson, Jamiroquai, Macy Gray, Shania Twain, k.d. lang, Blondie and the Red Hot Chili Peppers miss out though!
Aww yes her debut is real good, she is pretty consistent her 2nd album was also good just her weakest in comparison to the other 2 possibly.

The thing is, I like so many artists it's always going to be hard to rank them, there are more even now I should have mentioned! :lol: This list is just how I feel now but it features some long time favourites as well as some new favourites. :wink:
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Postby FreakyFlyBry » Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:05 pm

Oh and I predict Amy will be #1, with Yoko a close second.
FreakyFlyBry
No Title, No Topic

Postby CrazyCrazy » Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:06 pm

FreakyFlyBry wrote:Oh and I predict Amy will be #1, with Yoko a close second.
:D You'll have to wait & see!
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:21 pm

The only song I know from KT Tunstall is "Black Horse and the Cherry Tree". :oops: I'll give your Top 10 a listen. :wink:
Aretha Franklin was an angel. Her voice helped lift our spirits and at times gave us the soundtrack to cope with our pain.
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby CrazyCrazy » Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:23 pm

JSparksFan wrote:The only song I know from KT Tunstall is "Black Horse and the Cherry Tree". :oops: I'll give your Top 10 a listen. :wink:
Ah I was hoping to hear from you, you are always open to new music bud, I hope you like more tracks from her! I really love people who take the time to listen to new music, it really is a great thing!! :D
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:47 pm

crazycrazy wrote:Ah I was hoping to hear from you, you are always open to new music bud, I hope you like more tracks from her! I really love people who take the time to listen to new music, it really is a great thing!! :D
I never said I liked "Black Horse and The Cherry Tree". :oops: I jest, I jest! I love that song. :) So far, I'd rank the first three tracks like this:

Hold On: 7.5/10 - I really liked the "I was tired of January, I was tired of June" part, and the little dance move she did at the end of the video was pretty nifty! :lol: Overall, it's a nice tune.

Funnyman: 6/10 - It was alright, but nothing really grabbed my attention. It was just a good track, nothing more.

(Still A) Weirdo: 6.5/10 - I love the title, but the track is much like "Funnyman", just alright for me.
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby CrazyCrazy » Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:49 pm

Maybe she isn't for every taste or maybe she needs time to grow on you. Glad you like them though. :D I notice how you seem to like the instantly catching ones best at first, try Fade Like A Shadow & Suddenly I See. :wink:
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:02 pm

crazycrazy wrote:Maybe she isn't for every taste or maybe she needs time to grow on you. Glad you like them though. :D I notice how you seem to like the instantly catching ones best at first, try Fade Like A Shadow & Suddenly I See. :wink:
Yes! I was the same with Amy too, remember? And I listened to a couple more:

Fade Like A Shadow: 7/10 - Nice, but nothing spectacular.

Heal Over: 7.5/10 - I really liked KT's voice in this song.

Suddenly I See: 6.5/10 - I think this is one of her more popular songs, but I don't like it very much. "Fade Like A Shadow", "Heal Over", and "Hold On" are better so far.

Silent Sea: 6/10 - I like the haunting beat this track has, but it's kind of...boring.
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby CrazyCrazy » Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:05 pm

I'm just happy you're listening! It does seem you like her though thus far? :lol: I'm curious to see your reaction will be like to the more lets say 'out there' acts yet to come! :wink:
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:21 pm

crazycrazy wrote:I'm just happy you're listening! It does seem you like her though thus far? :lol: I'm curious to see your reaction will be like to the more lets say 'out there' acts yet to come! :wink:
Yes, I'm liking her so far. :) Ooh, there are going to be some crazy people charting here? Yippee! And I finished listening to the rest:

Universe & U: 6/10 - Much like most of the others, it's good but nothing special.

Push That Knot Away: 7/10 - One of the better ones I've heard. Funny end to the song too! :lol:

Uummannaq Song: 8/10 - Judging from the title alone, I knew this was going to be one of those tracks that I either loved or hated...and I loved it. I love the shouts in the chorus. The catchiest out of all ten.
8-)
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby CrazyCrazy » Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:30 pm

I'm happy you're liking her! Yes some great acts ahead! :D

Universe & U is so beautiful, I love the lyrics of that one too. PTKA & TUS are both real catchy tunes aswell so it's no surprise you like them!

Next act will be coming tomorrow. :D
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:32 pm

crazycrazy wrote:I'm happy you're liking her! Yes some great acts ahead! :D

Universe & U is so beautiful, I love the lyrics of that one too. PTKA & TUS are both real catchy tunes aswell so it's no surprise you like them!

Great! So, I'll be discovering ten more new songs tomorrow. :wink:
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby CrazyCrazy » Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:36 pm

JSparksFan wrote:
crazycrazy wrote:I'm happy you're liking her! Yes some great acts ahead! :D

Great! So, I'll be discovering ten more new songs tomorrow. :wink:
Yup, keep that mind of yours open for new music! :lol: :D I like that you are so open to listen to anything I throw at you :lol: at such a young age, great stuff! :D
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:43 pm

crazycrazy wrote:Yup, keep that mind of yours open for new music! :lol: :D I like that you are so open to listen to anything I throw at you :lol: at such a young age, great stuff! :D
Thanks! But you've gotta have an open mind 'cause you never know what you'll discover. Thanks to you, I now love Amy Studt ("Just A Little Girl", "Queen A", "She Ran", "Under The Thumb", etc. )and thanks to Paul, I love Kylie ("Your Disco Needs You", "All The Lovers", "Turn It Into Love", "Better The Devil You Know", "On A Night Like This", "Got To Be Certain", etc).
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby CrazyCrazy » Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:44 pm

JSparksFan wrote:
crazycrazy wrote:Yup, keep that mind of yours open for new music! :lol: :D I like that you are so open to listen to anything I throw at you :lol: at such a young age, great stuff! :D
Thanks! But you've gotta have an open mind 'cause you never know what you'll discover. Thanks to you, I now love Amy Studt ("Just A Little Girl", "Queen A", "She Ran", "Under The Thumb", etc. )
awww that's great!! :D By the way Amy has done very well, she's a long time fave ya see! :lol: :wink:
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:48 pm

crazycrazy wrote:awww that's great!! :D By the way Amy has done very well, she's a long time fave ya see! :lol: :wink:
Of course! I expect nothing less than Top 5 for her. 8-)
JSparksFan
Legend

Return to Personal Charts