PosziMC2's Favorite Mariah Songs: Wooooooooooo!

Moderators: trebor, tdc2000, JSparksFan, FreakyFlyBry

Postby PosziMC2 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:55 pm

Welcome guys! I'm gonna share my fav Mariah tracks with you! I will try to keep this updated as much as I can! You know I usually dont write long post...well dont except long write ups to every song this time either.(And my English is not the best one)

Also I stole some ideas from other lists. I hope you dont mind it guys! :lol:
Last edited by PosziMC2 on Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:57 pm, edited 26 times in total.
P=MC2's Top 20
Merci wrote:Poszilicious, pussy served delicious!
PosziMC2
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:56 pm

Love the MiMi pic and I can't wait for the countdown! :D
Akini's Top 25 Artists of 2018: [#1 Revealed!]

The broken world waits in darkness for the light that is you.
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby PosziMC2 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:11 pm

So let's start it then! 8-)

50. The Wind / Without you

When I was making this countdown I felt I have to include both songs. I didn't want them to miss the list so decided to do this "double position". This is the only one like that on my list. :)

The Wind
Amazing ! The track gives me chills. When I listen to it I feel the sadness all the time. The best song to close Emotions! The whispery vocals work perfectly on the song.

Without You
Classic! Still her biggest hit in Europe and it deserves it. So catchy and it doesn't dated to me at all. Love the gospel influence and her deeper register

49. When You Believe

Amazing duet. Despite both being on a vocal decline they still could sound wonderful ( Of course the duet would've been way better if they recorded it earlier). I've known this track since its release I think. It was a huge hit in my country.

48. I Wish You Knew

First I didn't like it so much.Now it's one of my favorites from "The Emancipation of Mimi". I don't know what fans think about the crowd sound but I love it so much. It makes the track something more special. The speaking parts are hot aswell. the whistle in the song is amazing!
Last edited by PosziMC2 on Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
P=MC2's Top 20
PosziMC2
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:16 pm

"Without You" and "When You Believe" are two classic MiMi songs. They're way too low, in my opinion. :-?
Akini's Top 25 Artists of 2018: [#1 Revealed!]

The broken world waits in darkness for the light that is you.
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby Wayne » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:22 pm

Without You is very overrated, and far from her best single.

When You Believe is under whelming but has strangely aged much better than a lot of her big 90's hits.

I Wish You Knew is much more to my liking, a gospel smash.
Wayne
Administrator

Postby PosziMC2 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:25 pm

Oh the first 2 comments! Thank you! :)

JSparksFan wrote:"Without You" and "When You Believe" are two classic MiMi songs. They're way too low, in my opinion. :-?
Well each to their own! :)

04wayne wrote:Without You is very overrated, and far from her best single.

When You Believe is under whelming but has strangely aged much better than a lot of her big 90's hits.

I Wish You Knew is much more to my liking, a gospel smash.
Yeah it's quite interesting! I was thinking about too.
P=MC2's Top 20
PosziMC2
Legend

Postby stevyy » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:56 pm

when you believe probably was my most played song of 1999 and 2000. i remember that i was more than obsessed with it. the instrumental slayed my life.

without you was the first song ever I heard by her. It was my #1 song of 1994.

the wind is very beautiful. Sometimes I can't stand hard beats and seek for something soft where I can rest my soul on.. and the wind is one of those songs that can do that.

i wish you knew is one of the best songs on MIMI. I liked it instantly.
stevyy
Legend

Postby Dior » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:31 pm

"The Wind" is a special song for me. A couple years ago I lost a very dear friend and that was one of the songs that allowed me to grieve and work through it. Beautiful yet haunting song.

Not the biggest "Without You" fan to be honest. Love the vocal though.

"When You Believe". Diva smash. End of.

"I Wish You Knew", this song is incredible TBH. Love it. That whistle >>>>>>>> Your favs career.
Bsquared wrote:I hate to disagree with you @Dior because you are so handsome.
Dior
Manager

Postby leoapp » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:42 pm

Wow, Without You and When You Believe are too low :cry:
I Wish You Knew is my fave non single on TEOM, a vrey great gospel track, love her whistle there
The Wins, i think it's probably my least fave on Emotions, a bit boring, but i'll try to appreciate it more
leoapp
Legend

Postby phoenix98 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:09 am

04wayne wrote:Without You is very overrated, and far from her best single.
+ 1

No. 50 seems a bit harsh, but it's definitely refreshing to see "Without You" NOT make a fan's Top 10 for once. I'd rank it somewhere between No. 30 - No. 40.

"The Wind" isn't quite my cup of tea, but I appreciate Mariah trying something a bit different, experimenting with a hint of jazz.

"When You Believe" is good, but like a lot of mega-star collaborations, it's a bit underwhelming. I'd rank it right around where you did.
phoenix98
Legend

Postby ANH » Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:04 am

ENGLISH ISN'T YOUR FIRST LANGUAGE??!? Mindblown.
Apart from grammatical errors, I was a hundred percent sure you were a native English speaker!

"When You Believe" is a lovely song. I enjoy it, and think that it wouldn't have worked if those two were constantly belting. It's prefect. It has so many clever lines ("Hope is like a summer bird/too swiftly flown away") and Whitney does a stellar job as well.

"Without You" is so powerful. :cry:
But, it's not my favorite "belt-heavy" song.

"The Wind" is beautiful and heartfelt. If someone else had sang this, it would have been one of the highlights of that person's career; for Mariah, it's just another great song. Maybe that's why we're so judgmental, lol. Mariah has given us so many PHENOMEMAL songs and when we hear an underwhelming song, we're like "OMG!!! She lost it!".

"I Wish You Knew" is an excellent song on the excellent "Emancipation Of Mimi" album.
|do you want more?
can you commit to be my everything?
ANH
Superstar

Postby Tiger » Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:38 am

49. When You Believe

What?! Low!
These foolish games are tearing me apart

My CHART
Tiger
Lover Of (Mostly) Everything Pop

Postby musiclover2174 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:01 am

Amazing beginning. I'll keep a look out on your countdown. 8-)
musiclover2174
Manager

Postby biscuits » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:34 pm

I Wish You Knew - one of my favourites from the album. Would probably be in my top 20.

Without You - wouldn't even be in my top 50. This and Hero are just far too overrated.
biscuits
The Diva

Postby Eamon » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:37 pm

Love all those songs. Without You is an amazing vocal but its a bit overrated. I Wish You Knew and The Wind are epic.
Eamon
Legend

Postby PosziMC2 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:01 pm

Thank you for the comments! 8-) 8-) Let's continue the countdown!

47. Reflections(Care Enough)

The song is simple but so emotional. The lyrics is so beautiful. She performed it once and it was fantastic! My favorite part of the song is "in my heart of heart of hearts, you care for me " She sings it perfectly! Of course it's not the only entry from Glitter :)

46. Mine Again

A classic from The Emancipation of Mimi. I don't udnerstand why some people call it "scream fest". It's obvious they did this song to show everybody her strong vocals. The instrumental of the song is on fire! The last verse is the best in my opinion. That whistle is unbelievable. Love the old-school of the songs. She and James Poyser did a very good job on this.

45. Against All Odds(Take a Look At Me Now)

The cover of Phil Collins's hit. I think it's one of her best covers. It's not her best one but still a beautiful song. This entry is one of the 2 songs in this coutndown from Rainbow.
P=MC2's Top 20
PosziMC2
Legend

Postby biscuits » Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:37 pm

Mine Again - I really like this song, but it does get a bit boring sometimes. And I can understand why some fans think it's a scream fest, because she definitely overdoes the vocals (I like the vocal though!)
biscuits
The Diva

Postby Wayne » Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:41 pm

Mine Again is very nice - its a refreshing change from what is otherwise an overly produced, low quality mess of an album

I used to adore her take on Against All Odds, but with age comes wisdom! I'm joking :lol: Its a perfectly harmless cover, but one typically demonstrating that sometimes even one of the best voices in the world cannot make a bad song good.

Reflections has beautiful lyrics, and its a song that I treasure from what was a troubled era.
Wayne
Administrator

Postby irishguy28 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:43 pm

I love "The Wind" - far better than any of the other tracks there - shame it's only number 50!
irishguy28

Postby jio » Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:15 pm

"Against All Odds" is atrocious
jio
Legend

Postby irishguy28 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:20 pm

jio wrote:"Against All Odds" is atrocious
And its cover artwork was Against All Advice!!!!!!
irishguy28

Postby PosziMC2 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:42 pm

irishguy28 wrote:
jio wrote:"Against All Odds" is atrocious
And its cover artwork was Against All Advice!!!!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
P=MC2's Top 20
PosziMC2
Legend

Postby phoenix98 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:14 pm

"Reflections" is alright, but I've never understood the fan adoration for it. the "you could have had the decency to give me up before you gave me life" line is pretty intense, though!

"Mine Again" isn't quite my cup of tea either (:lol: @ people calling it a "scream-fest"), but I do appreciate Mariah experimenting with a more old-school R&B sound.

wow, surprised by all the hate for "Against All Odds"! I'm not really familiar with Phil's original, but I think Mariah's version comes across really heartfelt. I do prefer her solo version to the Westlife duet. I'd actually rank it even higher than Poszi did, around No. 30 - No. 40.
phoenix98
Legend

Postby PosziMC2 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:40 pm

I can't stand at the Westlife duet! It's just bad :-?
P=MC2's Top 20
PosziMC2
Legend

Postby leoapp » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:18 pm

i really like Against All Odds. Funny how i liked it back in 2000, because of Westlife, NOT Mariah, cos i really liked Westlife at that time and said no to Mariah! :lol:
Reflections: should've been recognized more, one of the best from Glitter
Mine Again: not bad, but her high belting note is somehow too scratching, don't really like it
leoapp
Legend

Return to Personal Charts