My Charts - week 47 - a Dark Christmas

Moderators: tdc2000, FreakyFlyBry

Postby phoenix98 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:00 pm

Tansike wrote:Yes, even then, which was also one of the reason why I felt kinda alone despite being together with him. I missed it to be ‘loved’ which is actually really horrible to feel that way when you’re in a relationship. Haha I don’t think he was, his parents are similar and maybe that’s the way he grew up, so it’s him. That’s okay and maybe he just needs someone who is the same, or someone who is able to ‘change’ him there.

Funny thing is my current partner is completely different and sometimes it’s even too much for me, because I’m not used to it :oops:
:( Yeah, that's a kind of pain/loneliness that quite a few songs have touched on over the years: being in the same room/physically nearby each other, but feeling a massive cold void between you. "it feels like you're a million miles away, as you're lying here with me tonight..."

Getting that balance just right is tricky, though :-? I definitely wouldn't want to be with someone who never touched me and had me feeling totally undesirable...but I also wouldn't want someone who's constantly grabbing at me (especially if I'm enjoying some alone time/immersed in a video game, or just trying to get a task done) :lol: Speaking of trying to get immersed in a video game, how's your Silberne playthrough going?

Tansike wrote:Still a thing I don’t understand, as “Bon Appétit” would be my favorite single of “Witness” so far, and its video was a hit as well, so it’s really strange how this is the biggest flop of the album. I agree, who would have expected that Katy would flop with a new era like a year ago?
YES! It's always sounded plenty catchy to me (and without the same high burnrate as "Swish Swish.") For years, "Thinking Of You" stood out as this black-sheep in her singles catalog for being such a flop (though I've always loved that one too)...but now BA has really set a new low for her. :cry:

Tansike wrote:Oh that’s kinda sad as it’s definitely my favorite album by Carrie and I still love to listen to it every now and then. Have you heard “Church Bells”? It’s easily the best track of the album and was released as the third single. And did you like her in the past?

Yes, that was most likely the main reason. Plus the singles also didn’t sell as much as most of her previous singles used to do, so while they did well on country radio, it seemed like they didn’t click with the non-country audience, at least not as much as her previous stuff did.
I've enjoyed several of her singles over the years, but Blown Away is the only full album I've bought. Her biggest Paulboard hits have been "Something In The Water" and "Blown Away." Have you posted one of those nifty spreadsheet screenshots for her Marcelboard history recently?

Ah, that's a really great point! Most of her other albums had at least one single that enjoyed some crossover success/mainstream exposure, but I don't think any of the Storyteller singles made any waves outside her country core.

Tansike wrote:Yes and no. Yes to “Starving” never cracking my Top10, but no to her first Top10, as that was “Love Myself”, which peaked at #10 (already two years ago – time flies! :o )
Of course! Silly me for forgetting just how much you love when ladies sing about touching themselves ("Love Myself", "Only You", etc.)

Tansike wrote:1 (NEW) The Dark Element (Anette Olzon & Jani Liimatainen) – My Sweet Mystery
4 (6) Hailee Steinfeld & Alesso feat. Florida Georgia Line & watt – Let Me Go
7 (21) Nick Jonas – Find You
8 (9) Rachel Platten – Broken Glass
10 (3) Kelly Clarkson – Love So Soft
13 (11) Taylor Swift – Look What You Made Me Do
16 (4) Taylor Swift – …Ready For It?
18 (13) Zara Larsson – Only You
19 (NEW) Fergie feat. Nicki Minaj – You Already Know
23 (20) Kesha – Praying *G*
26 (23) Clean Bandit feat. Zara Larsson – Symphony *P*
27 (14) Niall Horan – Too Much To Ask
28 (25) P!nk – What About Us
34 (RE) Kerli & Illenium – Sound Of Walking Away
40 (18) Sam Smith – Too Good At Goodbyes
• This might have a lot to with the fact that you're coming off a No. 1 with a very...particular style of vocals, but this new No. 1 sounds pretty good on first listen! Heavy guitars aside, dare I say the chorus/melody is even a tad...poppy?
• Thrilled to see Hailee nab her first Top 5 with "Let Me Go." :D
• Ah, I didn't realize that "Find You" had actually clicked with you so much until I saw your response to my comments! I've revisited it a couple more times, but it's still an "in-one-ear-and-out-the-other" experience for me, unfortunately.
• Loving that longevity for "Broken Glass." It was already the longest-lasting song in your Top 10, and now it's even moving back up!
• Did any of the ineligible non-singles on Double Dutchess make any impact on you? It's really random, but "Enchanté (Carine)" has actually been the standout for me so far :lol: It's just so light, bubbly, and a little quirky - it makes for a nice contrast to all the tracks where she just raps about how she's rich and sexy (which is kind of her trademark, I know.) "Kleopatra" actually falls into that group lyrically, but the production sets it apart in a good way. "Love Is Blind" grew on me more than I initially expected (partially thanks to its video.) I also just love the way she pronounces "biyytchyes" on that track.
• Have you checked out the title track from P!nk's upcoming album? It's definitely made a stronger impression on me than "What About Us."
• Sam's chart run :lol: So this could become his first song since "La La La" (and his first ever as the lead artist) to last only 3 weeks here?

Yet another super-sweet chart, Tansike! :D
phoenix98
Legend

Postby Tansike » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:40 am

phoenix98 wrote: :( Yeah, that's a kind of pain/loneliness that quite a few songs have touched on over the years: being in the same room/physically nearby each other, but feeling a massive cold void between you. "it feels like you're a million miles away, as you're lying here with me tonight..."

Getting that balance just right is tricky, though :-? I definitely wouldn't want to be with someone who never touched me and had me feeling totally undesirable...but I also wouldn't want someone who's constantly grabbing at me (especially if I'm enjoying some alone time/immersed in a video game, or just trying to get a task done) :lol: Speaking of trying to get immersed in a video game, how's your Silberne playthrough going?
True, and it’s a kinda weird feeling. I mean, you are in a relationship with someone you love, so basically you should be the luckiest person on earth, but there’s still ‘love’ missing.

I don’t think it’s tricky. I’m okay with how it is right now, I just need to get more used to it as it was different for seven years. But it’s what I always wanted after all, so it’s weird to need to get used to it first… it’s not like I get touched all the time, it’s just above average, at least for someone who never experienced this.

Oh now that’s a good forwarding from one topic to another! I already missed our Pokémon talks to be honest :oops: So glad you’re asking!
I’m not playing it as often as I expected, however it’s going on very good so far. Only left the Ilex Forest. I’m trying to catch as many Pokémon as possible, and also trying to level them as even as possible. My current team is Bayleef (lv. 16), Hoppip (lv. 14), Ledyba (lv. 14), Hoothoot (lv. 14), Sentret (lv. 13) and Rattata (lv. 13). I also already had a Weedle in my team and leveled it up to a Beedrill. Not sure how many of them will stay in my team as I have no plan how my team should look like in the end, so I just try some things out I guess.
Did you already started to game Silver/Gold as well or won’t you do that?

phoenix98 wrote:YES! It's always sounded plenty catchy to me (and without the same high burnrate as "Swish Swish.") For years, "Thinking Of You" stood out as this black-sheep in her singles catalog for being such a flop (though I've always loved that one too)...but now BA has really set a new low for her. :cry:
True, and that’s really sad. Oh well, it is how it is. Here’s hope she may get another successful era with her next album, or maybe a wonder will happen and the fourth single will turn things around.

phoenix98 wrote:I've enjoyed several of her singles over the years, but Blown Away is the only full album I've bought. Her biggest Paulboard hits have been "Something In The Water" and "Blown Away." Have you posted one of those nifty spreadsheet screenshots for her Marcelboard history recently?

Ah, that's a really great point! Most of her other albums had at least one single that enjoyed some crossover success/mainstream exposure, but I don't think any of the Storyteller singles made any waves outside her country core.
Oh, “Blown Away” is a good pick, as it’s been the first album I got by her and really liked it. The title track remains my most favorite song by hers. So we share that favorite :D
No, I didn’t, but here you go :)

Yeah, it’s sad she didn’t have that hit with “Storyteller”. But to be fair three of the singles weren’t picked that well, as the album had some other great songs which would have been better choices, like “Relapse” or “Chaser”.

phoenix98 wrote:Of course! Silly me for forgetting just how much you love when ladies sing about touching themselves ("Love Myself", "Only You", etc.)
:lol: Maybe just a coincidence!

phoenix98 wrote:• This might have a lot to with the fact that you're coming off a No. 1 with a very...particular style of vocals, but this new No. 1 sounds pretty good on first listen! Heavy guitars aside, dare I say the chorus/melody is even a tad...poppy?
• Thrilled to see Hailee nab her first Top 5 with "Let Me Go." :D
• Ah, I didn't realize that "Find You" had actually clicked with you so much until I saw your response to my comments! I've revisited it a couple more times, but it's still an "in-one-ear-and-out-the-other" experience for me, unfortunately.
• Loving that longevity for "Broken Glass." It was already the longest-lasting song in your Top 10, and now it's even moving back up!
• Did any of the ineligible non-singles on Double Dutchess make any impact on you? It's really random, but "Enchanté (Carine)" has actually been the standout for me so far :lol: It's just so light, bubbly, and a little quirky - it makes for a nice contrast to all the tracks where she just raps about how she's rich and sexy (which is kind of her trademark, I know.) "Kleopatra" actually falls into that group lyrically, but the production sets it apart in a good way. "Love Is Blind" grew on me more than I initially expected (partially thanks to its video.) I also just love the way she pronounces "biyytchyes" on that track.
• Have you checked out the title track from P!nk's upcoming album? It's definitely made a stronger impression on me than "What About Us."
• Sam's chart run :lol: So this could become his first song since "La La La" (and his first ever as the lead artist) to last only 3 weeks here?

Yet another super-sweet chart, Tansike! :D
Woah, very happy to hear you enjoyed my current number one. And yes, the chorus is very poppy, but also cheesy somehow, don’t you think? But I really dig it at the moment :oops:

I knew you would be happy with Hailee’s climb this week. Though this will most likely end up as her peak now.

That’s sad :( He really did a great job on it, IMO. But it’s obviously not a big smash or THE hit for him, it’s just a nice-to-listen-to pop song with a catchy hook.

Yes, Rachel has a great run with “Broken Glass” so far. She’s likely to leave the Top10 this week, but it gets certified soon (unless she falls off completely out of a sudden, but I don’t see that happening), so that would be her first certified song :o

Ha, interesting that you mentioned “Enchanté” as I would pick that one as my favorite one as well :wink: The album is solid, but also disappointing, coming after an eleven years hiatus. Gwen definitely won that ‘battle’ for me with her album from last year.

No I didn’t, but I read lots of negative reviews, so it’s nice to read a positive one for a change. I think I will wait to listen to it until we get the full album, which is already in nine days, so not a long time to wait anymore. “What About Us” was already a nice surprise for me and I feel like the whole album could be a good one, especially for someone like me who never was a big fan of her.

:lol: Well well if you already highlight his chartrun now, wait until you see this weeks position :wink: :P :lol: I heard the song about 50 times on the weekend as someone else fell in love with it…..

Thanks a lot :D
Tansike
Legend

Postby whoawhoa » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:22 am

Oh my! I forgot how elaborate your chart is!

4. Hailee Steinfeld & Alesso feat. Florida Georgia Line & watt – Let Me Go
7. Nick Jonas – Find You
10. Kelly Clarkson – Love So Soft
13. Taylor Swift – Look What You Made Me Do
14. Macklemore Feat. Kesha – Good Old Days
15. Lorde – Homemade Dynamite
16. Taylor Swift - …Ready For It?
21. Macklemore feat. Skylar Grey – Glorious
23. Kesha – Praying
26. Clean Bandit feat. Zara Larsson – Symphony
27. Niall Horan – Too Much to Ask
28. Pink – What About Us
36. Fergie – M.I.L.F. $
40. Sam Smith – Too Good At Goodbyes

“Love So Soft” is just better with every listen. I liked “Heartbeat Song”, but this is really a return to form with her killer lead singles. :D

Macklemore’s 2 songs on this chart are both brilliant. What’s his album like? I’ve been meaning to check it out.

Shame to “New Rules”, “Dusk Till Dawn” and “Fetish” leave the Top 40, because they’re some of my favourites at the moment.

The only albums I’ve listened to in full on your chart are “Rainbow”, “Divide” and “Melodrama”, the latter being my favourite.
whoawhoa
Personal Assistant

Postby Tansike » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:23 pm

^ Thanks for coming by! :D

That's a lot of songs you like, i like that :)

Unfortunately, it's the opposite for me when it Comes to Kelly's song, and she'll have a horrible drop this upcoming week...

As for Macklemore's album, so far i have to say the two singles are clearly the best songs. Other than that, i like all songs, however i can't name a standout. Did you like his other albums? I think it's better than his last one, "The Heist" remains the best so far though.

Two of them are still good to me ("Fetish" and "New Rules"), however it was time to move on for me as there's currently lots of other stuff that's getting released and that i prefer now.

These are good ones though! :D (And actually answers a question i was asking you in your topic xD)
Tansike
Legend

Postby Tansike » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:13 am

thanks so much for all comments

week 40/2017 – 5 october 2017 a wave of new albums

Singles Top40
It’s an exciting week as last friday was the release day of new albums by Demi Lovato, Miley Cyrus, Shania Twain and more, and all these new albums obviously have a big influence on the singles charts as well. 13 songs from last week leave the Top40, which is quite a big number, however there are only six debuts on the charts, as all these new albums result in seven re-entries.

Despite that busy week, album release effects are usually not huge enough to be a competition for the top spot, and from all new arrivals this week the competition wasn’t too strong either, which means The Dark Element easily spend a second week at number one with “My Sweet Mystery”. The song got another 50 plays this week, following its massive debut a week ago. Its closest rival is Noah Cyrus’ and XXXTENTACION’s “Again”, which is up 3-2, followed by the first new entry of the week. It’s been a while, but LP finally chose her next single of her hit album “Lost On You”, and that’s “No Witness”, which has been a favorite of mine since the album came out, and it becomes her fourth Top10 hit at #3.

Before looking at all re-entries, it’s time to check the new ones. Swedish ESC queen Loreen gets yet another Top10 with her new single “’71 Charger” (#7). It’s the first song of her upcoming second studio album, as she’s already moving on from her “Nude” EP, which still has two charting entries as well with “Ocean Away” (11-16) and “Jungle” (24-32). Banks enters the charts at #11 with the surprise release “Underdog”, from an upcoming album which is likely to come out later this year. The Swedish Söderberg sisters, or better known as First Aid Kit, wrote history in mid 2015, when their album “Stay Gold” became the first of many albums which hit #1 on the Album Top20 solely based on streams. The set included her first and only hit on the singles charts, “My Silver Lining”, which hit the top spot as well. Now they’re finally back with a new song called “It’s A Shame”, which enters the charts at #26. It’s followed by “Stargazing”, the new single by fellow Scandinavian musician Kygo (#27). And to keep it to Scandinavian artists, Norwegian pop girl Astrid S gets her very first notation ever with “Think Before I Talk” at #35.

Demi, Miley and Shania all have the biggest impact on the album charts with their new releases, and so it’s no surprise to see them having the best re-entries of the week. The highest goes to Shania Twain, who returns straight to the Top10 with “Poor Me” (#10). The country legend has another re-entry as “Life’s About To Get Good” is back at #17. Demi Lovato owns the second highest re-entry with the promo single “Tell Me You Love Me”, which makes a stellar return to #12, nearly matching its peak. Her single “Sorry Not Sorry” makes a more moderate comeback at #34. Last but not least, Miley has two re-entries on her own as well, as “Malibu” is back at #19 and “Younger Now” at #30, with the first one going Gold this week. As shortly mentioned, there’s a seventh re-entry, and that’s “Beautiful Ones” by Hurts, which gets pushed back to #23 following their album release.

The rest of the best: Hailee Steinfeld’s “Let Me Go” stays at #4, followed by Arch Enemy’s “The Eagle Flies Alone” (2-5) and Evanescence’s “Imperfection” (5-6). Nick Jonas’ “Find You” dips 7-8 and Marina Kaye’s “Merci quand même” is down 6-9.

After an amazing run, Rachel Platten leaves the Top10 for the first time with “Broken Glass” (8-13). She just announced her new album “Waves”, which will already be released in three weeks. “Think About That” by Jessie J (9-18) and “Love So Soft” by Kelly Clarkson (10-28) also leave the Top10. There are overall many big drops this week, especially at the bottom of the charts with “Up The Creek” by Tori Amos (17-36), “…Ready For It?” by Taylor Swift (16-37), “You Already Know” by Fergie (19-38), “Remember U” by Melanie Fiona (22-39) and “The Gate” by Björk (20-40). There are also some good news for three songs, the first of them being “Too Good At Goodbyes” by Sam Smith. Following a tragic drop a week ago, the song jumps 40-15 this time. The other two songs are “Praying” by Kesha (23-21) and “Only You” by Zara Larsson (18-25), as Kesha’s track goes Platinum, while Zara collects another Gold certification with hers.

Sam Smith’s “Too Good At Goodbyes” is the obvious biggest climber, while among all these big drops this week, it’s Taylor Swift’s “…Ready For It?” which is the biggest loser this week.
    ImageImage
    ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

1 (1) The Dark Element (Anette Olzon & Jani Liimatainen) – My Sweet Mystery
Chart Run: *1*-1- / 2w

2 (3) Noah Cyrus feat. XXXTENTACION – Again
Chart Run: 3-*2*- / 2w

3 (NEW) LP – No Witness
Chart Run: *3*- / 1w

4 (4) Hailee Steinfeld & Alesso feat. Florida Georgia Line & watt – Let Me Go
Chart Run: 14-6-*4*-4- / 4w

5 (2) Arch Enemy – The Eagle Flies Alone
Chart Run: 38-Out-RE 31-*1*-2-5- / 5w

6 (5) Evanescence – Imperfection
Chart Run: 7-*5*-6- / 3w

7 (NEW) Loreen – ’71 Charger
Chart Run: *7*- / 1w

8 (7) Nick Jonas – Find You
Chart Run: 21-*7*-8- / 3w

9 (6) Marina Kaye – Merci quand même
Chart Run: *6*-9- / 2w

10 (RE) Shania Twain – Poor Me
Chart Run: 12-11-*9*-12-17-23-30-Out-RE 10- / 8w

11 (NEW) Banks – Underdog
Chart Run: *11*- / 1w

12 (RE) Demi Lovato – Tell Me You Love Me
Chart Run: *10*-19-35-Out-RE 12- / 4w

13 (8) Rachel Platten – Broken Glass
Chart Run: 8-*3*-7-5-9-8-13- / 7w

14 (12) The Dark Element (Anette Olzon & Jani Liimatainen) – The Dark Element
Chart Run: *1*-4-10-12-14- / 5w

15 (40) Sam Smith – Too Good At Goodbyes
Chart Run: *9*-18-40-15- / 4w

16 (11) Loreen – Ocean Away
Chart Run: 6-4-*2*-5-11-16- / 6w

17 (RE) Shania Twain – Life’s About To Get Good
Chart Run: *13*-14-17-23-26-31-28-21-23-30-36-Out-RE 17- / 12w

18 (9) Jessie J – Think About That
Chart Run: 15-*9*-18- / 3w

19 (RE) Miley Cyrus – Malibu *G*
Chart Run: *2*-4-4-7-9-14-25-31-Out-RE 19- / 9w

20 (13) Taylor Swift – Look What You Made Me Do
Chart Run: *1*-2-6-11-13-20- / 6w

21 (23) Kesha – Praying *P*
Chart Run: *1*-4-2-3-3-1-6-8-13-15-20-23-21- / 13w

22 (14) Macklemore feat. Kesha – Good Old Days
Chart Run: *14*-22- / 2w

23 (RE) Hurts – Beautiful Ones
Chart Run: 35-36-Out-RE *23*- / 3w

24 (15) Lorde – Homemade Dynamite
Chart Run: *9*-11-12-15-24- / 5w

25 (18) Zara Larsson – Only You *G*
Chart Run: *2*-5-4-3-7-13-18-25- / 8w

26 (NEW) First Aid Kit – It’s A Shame
Chart Run: *26*- / 1w

27 (NEW) Kygo feat. Justin Jesso – Stargazing
Chart Run: *27*- / 1w

28 (10) Kelly Clarkson – Love So Soft
Chart Run: *3*-3-10-28- / 4w

29 (21) Macklemore feat. Skylar Grey – Glorious
Chart Run: 26-38-Out-RE *21*-29- / 4w

30 (RE) Miley Cyrus – Younger Now
Chart Run: *3*-9-16-21-30-Out-RE 30- / 6w

31 (26) Clean Bandit feat. Zara Larsson – Symphony *P*
Chart Run: *1*-1-1-1-5-10-22-37-Out-RE 18-16-11-12-11-12-16-23-26-31- / 18w

32 (24) Loreen & Elliphant – Jungle
Chart Run: *10*-20-22-11-13-17-24-32- / 8w

33 (25) Eluveitie – Lvgvs *G*
Chart Run: *1*-4-8-1-2-5-10-16-25-33- / 10w

34 (RE) Demi Lovato – Sorry Not Sorry
Chart Run: *3*-8-17-36-Out-RE 34- / 5w

35 (NEW) Astrid S – Think Before I Talk
Chart Run: *35*- / 1w

36 (17) Tori Amos – Up The Creek
Chart Run: *8*-8-17-36- / 4w

37 (16) Taylor Swift – …Ready For It?
Chart Run: 6-*1*-4-16-37- / 5w

38 (19) Fergie feat. Nicki Minaj – You Already Know
Chart Run: *19*-38- / 2w

39 (22) Melanie Fiona – Remember U
Chart Run: *22*-39- / 2w

40 (20) Björk – The Gate
Chart Run: *2*-20-40- / 3w

Out of Top40
Out (27) Niall Horan – Too Much To Ask (2w)
Out (28) P!nk – What About Us (7w)
Out (29) Anne-Marie – Heavy (1w)
Out (30) Will Sparks feat. Priyanka Chopra – Young And Free (7w)
Out (31) Eluveitie – Epona (8w)
Out (32) Anastacia – Caught In The Middle (4w)
Out (33) Eliane – Flawless (4w)
Out (34) Kerli & Illenium – Sound Of Walking Away (6w)
Out (35) Evanescence – Bring Me To Life (Synthesis) (5w)
Out (36) Fergie – M.I.L.F. $ (4w)
Out (37) Halsey – Bad At Love (4w)
Out (38) Emeli Sandé – Starlight (1w)
Out (39) Gwen Stefani feat. Blake Shelton – You Make It Feel Like Christmas (1w)

Album Top20
Six new albums, and all of them are inside the Top10 this week, which brings some life to the Album Top20. That’s also a new record, as it never happened before that there are so many debuts on the charts.

Against all odds, it’s still Miley Cyrus who owns this weeks crown, as her sixth studio album “Younger Now” makes its entry atop the charts. It’s her fourth consecutive number one album, with all of them also debuting there, and her sixth charts entry overall. She still owns one of the strongest discographies when it comes to my charts, however all outputs of “Younger Now” performed way weaker than her previous releases, so it wasn’t a given to see her debuting right at the top in such a busy week. Her closest rival, who was expected to land atop at first, was Demi Lovato. Having released her sixth album as well, “Tell Me You Love Me” marks her fourth chart entry, and third in a row to debut at #2, with the previous release “Confident” being her only chart topper so far. Making the Top3 complete, it’s Shania Twain who gets her first album notation with her return to the music business after a 15 years hiatus with “Now” (#3).

Norwegian DJ and producer Kygo has released a new EP called “Stargazing”, which enters the charts at #5. It contains the hits “It Ain’t Me” with Selena Gomez and “First Time” with Ellie Goulding. That’s much better than what his debut album “Cloud Nine” reached last year: #12. Hurts return to the charts as well with their newest album “Desire” at #6, which is slightly better than the peak of its predecessor “Surrender” (#7), but still lower than what “Exile” did in 2013 (#2). Last but not least, german DJ and producer Robin Schulz owns the sixth and final debut with his third album “Uncovered” (#7), also slightly surpassing the peak of his previous album “Sugar” (#8).

The rest of the Top10: Arch Enemy’s “Will To Power” decreases 1-4, Macklemore’s “Gemini” falls 2-8, Tori Amos’ “Native Invader” is down 4-9 while Eluveitie’s “Evocation II: Pantheon” drops 8-10.

Similar to the Singles Top40, there are also some bigger drops due to the new entries on the Album Top20. The worst ones go to Fergie and Illenium, who both drop nine places each with their releases “Double Dutchess” (3-12) and “Awake” (5-14). “Evolution” by Anastacia (6-13), “Regenbogen” by Vanessa Mai (9-15) and “So Good” by Zara Larsson (10-17) all have some bigger drops out of the upper half as well. Meanwhile, Loreen’s “Nude” EP also leaves that part, however it’s still doing quite well compared to the other ones (7-11). Last thing worth a mention: Ed Sheeran’s “÷” leaves the Top20 for its very first time after 30 consecutive weeks.
    ImageImage

1 (NEW) Miley Cyrus – Younger Now
Chart Run: *1*- / 1w

2 (NEW) Demi Lovato – Tell Me You Love Me
Chart Run: *2*- / 1w

3 (NEW) Shania Twain – Now

4 (1) Arch Enemy – Will To Power
Chart Run: 2-*1*-1-4- / 4w

5 (NEW) Kygo – Stargazing EP
Chart Run: *5*- / 1w

6 (NEW) Hurts – Desire
Chart Run: *6*- / 1w

7 (NEW) Robin Schulz – Uncovered

8 (2) Macklemore – Gemini
Chart Run: *2*-8- / 2w

9 (4) Tori Amos – Native Invader
Chart Run: *1*-2-4-9- / 4w

10 (8) Eluveitie – Evocation II: Pantheon *G*
Chart Run: *1*-1-1-3-5-8-10- / 7w

11 (7) Loreen – Nude EP
Chart Run: *2*-2-4-6-7-11- / 6w

12 (3) Fergie – Double Dutchess
Chart Run: *3*-12- / 2w

13 (6) Anastacia – Evolution
Chart Run: *3*-6-13- / 3w

14 (5) Illenium – Awake
Chart Run: *5*-14- / 2w

15 (9) Vanessa Mai – Regenbogen
Chart Run: 7-7-11-15-13-*4*-9-15- / 8w

16 (11) Halsey – hopeless fountain kingdom *P*
Chart Run: *1*-1-2-1-1-1-1-2-2-3-4-3-5-7-8-9-11-16- / 18w

17 (10) Zara Larsson – So Good *P*
Chart Run: 2-*1*-1-1-1-4-6-6-9-13-13-12-13-14-11-12-12-12-13-11-8-5-6-8-8-6-7-10-17- / 29w

18 (14) Kesha – Rainbow *G*
Chart Run: *1*-2-4-6-9-11-14-18- / 8w

19 (12) Lindsey Stirling – Brave Enough *3xP*
Chart Run: *1*-1-1-3-3-2-6-7-6-9-11-10-8-11-14-9-7-8-14-10-2-2-1-1-4-8-10-7-2-1-4-5-8-13-16-14-12-11-3-8-11-7-11-8-7-8-11-14-18-12-13-16-18-20-Out-RE 11-12-12-19- / 58w

20 (16) Lana Del Rey – Lust For Life *G*
Chart Run: *1*-1-2-3-4-7-9-10-13-16-20- / 11w

Out of Top20
Out (13) Epica – The Solace System EP (4w)
Out (15) Fifth Harmony – Fifth Harmony (6w)
Out (17) Ed Sheeran – ÷ *P* (30w)
Out (18) Lorde – Melodrama *G* (15w)
Out (19) Carrie Underwood – Storyteller *2xP* (50w)
Out (20) Anette Olzon – Shine *6xP* (110w)

(sorry for eventual mistakes!)
Tansike
Legend

Postby Tansike » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:14 am

New certifications

PLATINUM
Kesha – Praying [single]

GOLD
Miley Cyrus – Malibu [single]
Zara Larsson – Only You [single]

(these certifications were already added to the charts above)

Click here for the Certification Database
Tansike
Legend

Postby heppolo » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:40 am

Has she made a documentary as well?
'71 Charger is alright, an interesting and challenging song.
Waffles are checked cookies
heppolo
Legend

Postby Mainshow » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:22 pm

Wow! Last week was indeed very busy; so many new albums chart and of course, other records had to make room for them but I am a bit sad that Epica's epic EP had to be one of them. Anyway, I am glad you seem to appreciate Miley's effort as much as I do. The second half of the album + "Younger Now" and "Malibu" obviously are really strong! - I haven't had the chance to listen much to Demi's new record but what I've heard so far was very promising (despite the previously tracks not having convinced me). - Hurts :( - So disappointed :(

- Nice new entry for Loreen. It wouldn't have made my #7 but it's alright ;)
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:11 pm

I genuinely enjoy checking out some of your #1s. You always have me venturing into genres I would not have otherwise been exposed to. "My Sweet Mystery" was pleasant; I think I'll revisit it later today. I also checked out your #2, and it was decent.

For some odd reason, "Sorry Not Sorry" clicked with me today. Interesting that you've ranked Demi's new album #2 on your charts. I think hers will be the second record I check out. Shania's was stronger than I was expecting, so I'm curious to see if I'll agree with you that Demi's is superior.

1 (1) The Dark Element (Anette Olzon & Jani Liimatainen) – My Sweet Mystery
2 (3) Noah Cyrus feat. XXXTENTACION – Again
3 (NEW) LP – No Witness
"You think your pain and your heartbreak are unprecedented in the history of the world, but then you read." - James Baldwin
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby JakeP » Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:16 pm

Hi Tansike :D

Wow at the new albums slayage! :o Did you buy all those new albums this week? :P Interesting seeing how much impact these new albums had on your singles chart.

3 (NEW) LP – No Witness

I went on YouTube the other day and No witness appeared in my recommends list and realising it was for a music video i had a "OMG, OMG" moment. :lol: :oops: I've loved this track ever since you entered it into the FSC at the start of the year, and then downloaded the track when it was available to buy on iTunes. So LP has actually benefitted from a relatively quiet week for new releases and is set to return to my chart for a third time this weekend. :wink:

I suppose i'll have to accept that Loreen is never gonna release another amazing song like Euphoria. I do admire Loreen for being experimental but the songs themselves keep missing the mark for me. It's like she's trying too hard to be alternative. Also is it just me or should this song be called Keep it to yourself as its the main vocal that always sticks out to me. :lol:

Whoa! :o I see a lot of re-enties but Poor me must've really reconnected with you to re-enter this high. It's still the best track i've heard off the album so far, and haven't really been inspired to buy Now. Which album track is your personal favourite?

Gosh! :P Just when it looked like Sam Smith was destined to drop out, here comes that second wind of success. What's the reason for such a rapid turnaround? For me, its managed to continue growing ever since its release and has steadily climbed each week in my chart.

27 (NEW) Kygo feat. Justin Jesso – Stargazing

Nice to see Kygo entering but whilst i do like Stargazing it's safe to say his Selena Gomez collab has been the best track he's released this year.

^ MrRager right now! :lol:

Ohh this is a pleasant surprise. Did Such a boy make your chart? I knew you said you prefer this song, and i still think Astrid S has the potential to break outside Norway eventually and follow in the footsteps of Zara Zarsson having success around the world.

Best of the rest:

22 (14) Macklemore feat. Kesha – Good Old Days
JakeP
Manager

Postby Tansike » Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:57 pm

heppolo wrote:
Has she made a documentary as well?
'71 Charger is alright, an interesting and challenging song.
Not that i would know... :oops:
Yep, definitely. However i prefer the two previously released songs "Ocean Away" and "Jungle" so far.

Mainshow wrote:Wow! Last week was indeed very busy; so many new albums chart and of course, other records had to make room for them but I am a bit sad that Epica's epic EP had to be one of them. Anyway, I am glad you seem to appreciate Miley's effort as much as I do. The second half of the album + "Younger Now" and "Malibu" obviously are really strong! - I haven't had the chance to listen much to Demi's new record but what I've heard so far was very promising (despite the previously tracks not having convinced me). - Hurts :( - So disappointed :(

- Nice new entry for Loreen. It wouldn't have made my #7 but it's alright ;)
Yes, i was so looking forward to last week with all these new releases <3 Ha, it was a really tough decision, as i still enjoy some of the albums that had to leave the Album Top20, and sometimes once an album left the charts, it's even harder for it to come back... but hey, Epica's EP did pretty well for their standards, so there's that :) Glad you enjoy "Younger Now" that much, i'm also glad that i enjoy it that much to be honest, because my expectations were as low as never before for a Miley album. I hope you'll like Demi's album, and as for Hurts, it's actually quite solid IMO. But i never saw me as a big fan of them, so...

Not surprised you like Loreen's name appearing. Wait, even lower than #7 then? :(

JSparksFan wrote:I genuinely enjoy checking out some of your #1s. You always have me venturing into genres I would not have otherwise been exposed to. "My Sweet Mystery" was pleasant; I think I'll revisit it later today. I also checked out your #2, and it was decent.

For some odd reason, "Sorry Not Sorry" clicked with me today. Interesting that you've ranked Demi's new album #2 on your charts. I think hers will be the second record I check out. Shania's was stronger than I was expecting, so I'm curious to see if I'll agree with you that Demi's is superior.

That's amazing - very, very happy about that!

Oh, that's interesting indeed. While i really enjoy the album, i still think "Sorry Not Sorry" is (very) far from being one of her better releases to be honest. As for the ranks, i nearly enjoyed Demi's album as much as i enjoyed Shania's album last week, so it was actually a tough thing to rank these two. It will be interesting to see how will do better in the long run as both albums are really good.
Tansike
Legend

Postby Tansike » Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:58 pm

JakeP wrote:Hi Tansike :D

Wow at the new albums slayage! :o Did you buy all those new albums this week? :P Interesting seeing how much impact these new albums had on your singles chart.
Hey Jake :)

Wow, that question just left a bigger impression on me than expected, because i never really realized how much of an impact streaming has on me or my charts, however from the whole Album Top20 right now, i only own four albums physically: "Younger Now" by Miley, "hopeless fountain kingdom" by Halsey, "So Good" by Zara and "Brave Enough" by Lindsey. That's quite shocking for someone who HAD to buy all albums that entered my charts just two years ago :-?

JakeP wrote:3 (NEW) LP – No Witness

I went on YouTube the other day and No witness appeared in my recommends list and realising it was for a music video i had a "OMG, OMG" moment. :lol: :oops: I've loved this track ever since you entered it into the FSC at the start of the year, and then downloaded the track when it was available to buy on iTunes. So LP has actually benefitted from a relatively quiet week for new releases and is set to return to my chart for a third time this weekend. :wink:
Ha, i was so happy to see the news about a video to be honest, because i was waiting for "No Witness" to become a single! It's been a fave of mine since day one and that never changed. Okay, it's been some months since i listened to LP's stuff, and the track will most likely not be as successful as it could have been a half year ago or so, however it's still cool to finally let it onto my charts. Already saw its position on your charts, gonna make a comment as soon as possible :wink:

JakeP wrote:7 (NEW) Loreen – ’71 Charger

I suppose i'll have to accept that Loreen is never gonna release another amazing song like Euphoria. I do admire Loreen for being experimental but the songs themselves keep missing the mark for me. It's like she's trying too hard to be alternative. Also is it just me or should this song be called Keep it to yourself as its the main vocal that always sticks out to me. :lol:
Well, to be fair, "Euphoria" is also really, really hard to match. It's the best ESC song ever IMO. Hmm... the 'trying too hard to be alternative' has something, i already felt the same every now and then, however i still enjoy her stuff pretty much. As for the title, yeah, that would have made sense as well :lol:

JakeP wrote:10 (RE) Shania Twain – Poor Me

Whoa! :o I see a lot of re-enties but Poor me must've really reconnected with you to re-enter this high. It's still the best track i've heard off the album so far, and haven't really been inspired to buy Now. Which album track is your personal favourite?
Yep, i fell in love with this again. Should be an official single, not just a promo single. Definitely my highlight on "Now". As for album tracks, i'd pick "I'm Alright", "Because Of You", "Let's Kiss And Make Up" and "Where Do You Think You're Going" as early faves.

JakeP wrote:15 (40) Sam Smith – Too Good At Goodbyes

Gosh! :P Just when it looked like Sam Smith was destined to drop out, here comes that second wind of success. What's the reason for such a rapid turnaround? For me, its managed to continue growing ever since its release and has steadily climbed each week in my chart.
:lol: My partner made an own rendition of this song and he played it over the weekend (well, not the current one, the last one) like 50 times :lol:

JakeP wrote:27 (NEW) Kygo feat. Justin Jesso – Stargazing

Nice to see Kygo entering but whilst i do like Stargazing it's safe to say his Selena Gomez collab has been the best track he's released this year.
Agree 100%. And "First Time" was/is better than this as well.

JakeP wrote:34 (RE) Demi Lovato – Sorry Not Sorry

^ MrRager right now! :lol:
:lol:

JakeP wrote:35 (NEW) Astrid S – Think Before I Talk

Ohh this is a pleasant surprise. Did Such a boy make your chart? I knew you said you prefer this song, and i still think Astrid S has the potential to break outside Norway eventually and follow in the footsteps of Zara Zarsson having success around the world.
No, "Think Before I Talk" is Astrid S' very first notation ever on my charts - thanks to your charts! :D
Funny to see her getting yet another entry on the FSC this month...

JakeP wrote:Best of the rest:

Glad you like so many songs this week! :D
Tansike
Legend

Postby Tansike » Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:02 pm

Important message: Next weeks chart will already be revealed a few days earlier, most likely on tuesday, or even already on monday.
Tansike
Legend

Postby stevyy » Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:37 pm

shaniaHH yessssssssssssssss. slay. The album is a+mazing.

13 (6) Anastacia – Evolution
Chart Run: *3*-6-13- / 3w

save it, asap. don't do it so wrong.
stevyy
Legend

Postby Tansike » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:43 am

^ Yes, Shania's album is really good! I got positively surprised as it's actually my first full album by her :oops:

I'm sorry, but Anastacia's album leaves me pretty cold apart from a very few songs. It's many miles behind "Resurrection" :oops:
Tansike
Legend

Postby Magnus » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:36 am

Tansike wrote:Loved it for that one week, however, I think you’ll be disappointed this week as I got over it very quickly out of a sudden, and now I prefer “Look” again. Kinda sad that one makes absolutely no impression on your right now, but there’s still hope… I mean, maybe it will grow on you once the album comes out?
Well, maybe it will. I will listen to the full album at least once in track order so that will probably be the first time since August that I hear it. Unless it's played on the radio in the supermarket, I actually heard "Think Before I Talk" there a few days ago! Great to see that song on your chart. Did "Breathe" reach the top 40? If not, why not? :P

Ouch, that's a quick drop for "...Ready for It" :o

I can't say I'm excited for any of those new albums, although I will most likely listen to the Shania one. I checked a few tracks on Demi's album but they had the opposite effect of making me want to hear the whole thing.
Magnus
Manager

Postby phoenix98 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:15 am

Tansike wrote:I don’t think it’s tricky. I’m okay with how it is right now, I just need to get more used to it as it was different for seven years. But it’s what I always wanted after all, so it’s weird to need to get used to it first… it’s not like I get touched all the time, it’s just above average, at least for someone who never experienced this.

Oh now that’s a good forwarding from one topic to another! I already missed our Pokémon talks to be honest :oops: So glad you’re asking! I’m not playing it as often as I expected, however it’s going on very good so far. Only left the Ilex Forest. I’m trying to catch as many Pokémon as possible, and also trying to level them as even as possible. My current team is Bayleef (lv. 16), Hoppip (lv. 14), Ledyba (lv. 14), Hoothoot (lv. 14), Sentret (lv. 13) and Rattata (lv. 13). I also already had a Weedle in my team and leveled it up to a Beedrill. Not sure how many of them will stay in my team as I have no plan how my team should look like in the end, so I just try some things out I guess. Did you already started to game Silver/Gold as well or won’t you do that?
Ah, so the amount/frequency is actually perfect now, it's just the newness of it that's taking some getting used to? Congrats on finding someone who really makes you feel loved/wanted/sexy! :D

Ooh...you've got quite the nice mix going already! Hoppip is adorable - tricky to train with its only damaging attack being "Tackle" for quite a while, but the fact that it's fast and can learn all the Powder moves makes it really useful for spreading status effects. Ledyba's another cutie, but I haven't tried one on a team yet. Rattata is a great asset early-game, especially since it learns "Hyper Fang" at Lv. 13 :o Not interested in Mareep, though? That line is definitely one of my Gen II favorites! I'm attempting a Nuzlocke in Gold, which I'd never played before (I only had Silver and Crystal growing up.) I just got to Mahogany Town/Mahagonia City today (I'm planning to challenge Pryce/Norbert before Jasmine, since the levels make more sense that way, and I can just "Fly" back to Olivine City anytime.) Thankfully, I've "only" had two deaths so far (a Geodude and a Noctowl.) My current team = Dundee the Croconaw/Tyracroc, Vampirella the Golbat, Shorn the Flaaffy/Waaty, Charade the Sudowoodo/Mogelbaum, Tenebrous the Umbreon/Nachtara, and Noxious the Koffing/Smogon. (Side note: I've known Smogon the website for years, but just now realized that's Koffing's German name!) :lol:

I'm definitely enjoying the journey, but there are some annoying things about these games that I'd totally forgotten :x Like how there's a lot of Pokémon available in Johto that need stones to evolve, but you can't even get most of the stones until you're in Kanto! This generation removed a lot of good TMs, like "Ice Beam", "Thunderbolt", and "Rock Slide." Crystal fixed some of these issues, but it doesn't look like that's getting released anytime soon (if ever.) Sorry, that Pokémon tangent got really long really fast :lol: I'd love to hear an update if you've played more lately!

Tansike wrote:Oh, “Blown Away” is a good pick, as it’s been the first album I got by her and really liked it. The title track remains my most favorite song by hers. So we share that favorite :D
No, I didn’t, but here you go :)
Many thanks for posting that! Some interesting stuff there, like how she her first No. 1 didn't come until The Storyteller era (when she earned two!), but her longest-lasting song missed the Top 10 completely! :o

Do any of the non-singles on Blown Away stand out for you? My favorites would definitely be "Do You Think About Me" and "Who Are You." After checking last.fm, it looks like I've actually played "Do You Think About Me" more than most of the singles (besides "Blown Away.") :lol:

Tansike wrote::lol: Maybe just a coincidence!
No judgment here! I'm just wondering how/when you plan to tell your man that your ultimate fantasy is inviting a woman to "love" herself in the same room (in the same bed even?) while you and him...well... ;)

Tansike wrote:Woah, very happy to hear you enjoyed my current number one. And yes, the chorus is very poppy, but also cheesy somehow, don’t you think? But I really dig it at the moment :oops:
Perhaps :lol: but I certainly don't mind some cheese! The "I would give it all, I would give it all, for you, all I ever was, everything I am, for you..." really fits that description! Wait...is this No. 1 because those are the exact words you feel for/want to say to your man? :o :wink:

Tansike wrote:Yes, Rachel has a great run with “Broken Glass” so far. She’s likely to leave the Top10 this week, but it gets certified soon (unless she falls off completely out of a sudden, but I don’t see that happening), so that would be her first certified song :o
Exciting! "Stand By You" was never certified, though? I had it in my head that it was a big hit here, but maybe that's just because it out-performed my beloved "Fight Song"...

Tansike wrote:Ha, interesting that you mentioned “Enchanté” as I would pick that one as my favorite one as well :wink: The album is solid, but also disappointing, coming after an eleven years hiatus. Gwen definitely won that ‘battle’ for me with her album from last year.
Hmmm...I'd probably say the same about Gwen's album, but Fergie's still exceeded my expectations at least a bit (partially because of all the negativity I remember seeing in its Urban/R&B thread when it leaked) :lol: Like others have said, I think it would’ve helped if she’d released it sooner after “LA Love” (or after “MILF $” at the latest), and it might’ve been better to give it a different title and not associate it with the original Dutchess, since that comparison basically sets it up to disappoint people.

Tansike wrote:1 (1) The Dark Element (Anette Olzon & Jani Liimatainen) – My Sweet Mystery
3 (NEW) LP – No Witness
12 (RE) Demi Lovato – Tell Me You Love Me
38 (19) Fergie feat. Nicki Minaj – You Already Know
:o Noah out-shining all of her sister's recent releases! (Well, we'll see if this lasts as long as "Malibu", but it's off to a very strong start!) I haven't been paying much attention to her, since "Make Me (Cry)" didn't do a WHOLE lot for me...and on first listen, I don't think "Again" is going to change that. :oops:
• Aw, no cert for "Broken Glass" quite yet, but hopefully it's right around the corner!
• Looks like Sam owes your man BIG time... :lol:
• I'd forgotten just how fast "Sorry Not Sorry" tumbled off your chart the first time! It's hard to believe that it's her highest-peaking Hot 100 hit EVER now. :-?
• I was going to ask about your favorite Younger Now non-singles, and then I noticed your reply over in my thread :lol: As you saw, "Miss You So Much" has been the clear standout for me, largely thanks to those "when you look up at a rainbow, do you ever wonder..." pre-chorus parts. Sadly, "I Would Die For You" is a strong contender for my least-favorite so far (along with "She's Not Him.") Well...let's say "most skipped." Although they're kind of cute, Dolly's intro and outro on "Rainbowland" drag on for a bit too long, and I think I'd come back to that track more often if they weren't included :oops: I don't have high hopes for any other singles from the album, but "Thinkin'" is probably her best bet...

Yet another chart where the appeal is no mystery, Tansike! :D
phoenix98
Legend

Postby Tansike » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:33 pm

Magnus wrote:Well, maybe it will. I will listen to the full album at least once in track order so that will probably be the first time since August that I hear it. Unless it's played on the radio in the supermarket, I actually heard "Think Before I Talk" there a few days ago! Great to see that song on your chart. Did "Breathe" reach the top 40? If not, why not? :P

Ouch, that's a quick drop for "...Ready for It" :o

I can't say I'm excited for any of those new albums, although I will most likely listen to the Shania one. I checked a few tracks on Demi's album but they had the opposite effect of making me want to hear the whole thing.
Ah that's good to know, so there's some hope left that it may grow on you (even if the chances are probably really small...). "Think Before I Talk" is really cute, but as for "Breathe", i don't remember the song at all... i checked out a few songs by her already but not sure if that was one of them as well... :oops:

I'm completely over it now... maybe the album release effect will help there for me...

Aww that's kinda sad. You liked some of her earlier albums so i thought you may like this new one as well, as it's also quite good IMO. So i hope you will enjoy Shania's album :)
Tansike
Legend

Postby Tansike » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:37 pm

phoenix98 wrote:Ah, so the amount/frequency is actually perfect now, it's just the newness of it that's taking some getting used to? Congrats on finding someone who really makes you feel loved/wanted/sexy! :D

Ooh...you've got quite the nice mix going already! Hoppip is adorable - tricky to train with its only damaging attack being "Tackle" for quite a while, but the fact that it's fast and can learn all the Powder moves makes it really useful for spreading status effects. Ledyba's another cutie, but I haven't tried one on a team yet. Rattata is a great asset early-game, especially since it learns "Hyper Fang" at Lv. 13 :o Not interested in Mareep, though? That line is definitely one of my Gen II favorites! I'm attempting a Nuzlocke in Gold, which I'd never played before (I only had Silver and Crystal growing up.) I just got to Mahogany Town/Mahagonia City today (I'm planning to challenge Pryce/Norbert before Jasmine, since the levels make more sense that way, and I can just "Fly" back to Olivine City anytime.) Thankfully, I've "only" had two deaths so far (a Geodude and a Noctowl.) My current team = Dundee the Croconaw/Tyracroc, Vampirella the Golbat, Shorn the Flaaffy/Waaty, Charade the Sudowoodo/Mogelbaum, Tenebrous the Umbreon/Nachtara, and Noxious the Koffing/Smogon. (Side note: I've known Smogon the website for years, but just now realized that's Koffing's German name!) :lol:

I'm definitely enjoying the journey, but there are some annoying things about these games that I'd totally forgotten :x Like how there's a lot of Pokémon available in Johto that need stones to evolve, but you can't even get most of the stones until you're in Kanto! This generation removed a lot of good TMs, like "Ice Beam", "Thunderbolt", and "Rock Slide." Crystal fixed some of these issues, but it doesn't look like that's getting released anytime soon (if ever.) Sorry, that Pokémon tangent got really long really fast :lol: I'd love to hear an update if you've played more lately!
Yes! :) And thanks <3

Hoppip turned out to be a nice surprise, even with just having Tackle at that early stage. As you say, it's quite fast and once it got one of the Powder moves it's actually really cool to play. Plus you have Tail Whip and Synthesis which makes it even better. I still remember that Ledyba was one of the first new ones that i fell in love with back in 2001/2002 and i had it in my very first team back then, so i thought it would be cute to play with it again. Yes, I totally forgot about Hyper Fang, such a strong move so early :o
Oh Mareep uses to be one of my favorite ones as well and i already caught one, maybe i'll add it once Rattata evolves so i can switch them with each other.

Oh, you already did that with another game, did you?
And wow, you're already so far, i didn't know you were already playing it that much, that's cool! So i'm still veeery far behind. I only got my third batch :lol: Your team sounds awesome, and wow at already having an Umbreon, that's really cool! Haha yeah that's his german name, and btw huge thanks for taking the time for writing the german names down as well, very helpful, because i'm still not used to english names at all and always have to google them <3 :lol: :oops:

No need to say sorry there, i love to read about all that. As i said above, i'm not much further, but i'm leaving for vacation tomorrow morning, so there's a chance i'll play a lot more during the next week (because it will be beach vacation, so doing nothing at all and having the time to play games etc.) :)

phoenix98 wrote:Many thanks for posting that! Some interesting stuff there, like how she her first No. 1 didn't come until The Storyteller era (when she earned two!), but her longest-lasting song missed the Top 10 completely! :o

Do any of the non-singles on Blown Away stand out for you? My favorites would definitely be "Do You Think About Me" and "Who Are You." After checking last.fm, it looks like I've actually played "Do You Think About Me" more than most of the singles (besides "Blown Away.") :lol:
Yeah, her discography is quite interesting, and she only started to really blow up on my charts with her last album, so it will be exciting to see how her next era will do.

No :( And to be honest i don't remember them anymore, not even one of them :oops:

phoenix98 wrote:No judgment here! I'm just wondering how/when you plan to tell your man that your ultimate fantasy is inviting a woman to "love" herself in the same room (in the same bed even?) while you and him...well... ;)
:lol: :lol: :lol: Sorry but i'm definitely only in the other team :wink:

phoenix98 wrote:Perhaps :lol: but I certainly don't mind some cheese! The "I would give it all, I would give it all, for you, all I ever was, everything I am, for you..." really fits that description! Wait...is this No. 1 because those are the exact words you feel for/want to say to your man? :o :wink:
Me neither! :) I really love that line, but no, that's not the reason behind the song being #1.

phoenix98 wrote:Exciting! "Stand By You" was never certified, though? I had it in my head that it was a big hit here, but maybe that's just because it out-performed my beloved "Fight Song"...
No, it wasn't... overall her singles did worse than they should have, as i liked them much more... and since i'm so into these discography screenshots, here's Rachel Platten's Discography (already with a little teaser as it's already up-to-date, so the charts i'll post in a few minutes is already included as well...)

phoenix98 wrote:Hmmm...I'd probably say the same about Gwen's album, but Fergie's still exceeded my expectations at least a bit (partially because of all the negativity I remember seeing in its Urban/R&B thread when it leaked) :lol: Like others have said, I think it would’ve helped if she’d released it sooner after “LA Love” (or after “MILF $” at the latest), and it might’ve been better to give it a different title and not associate it with the original Dutchess, since that comparison basically sets it up to disappoint people.
Yes to the time of the release & its name. I'm actually surprised it doesn't do better, at least in the US, as her first solo album was so incredible huge. Even Gwen got an amazing start and sold 250k iirc which is very good for every female artist these days, so the long break can't be the reason behind Fergie's flop.

phoenix98 wrote::o Noah out-shining all of her sister's recent releases! (Well, we'll see if this lasts as long as "Malibu", but it's off to a very strong start!) I haven't been paying much attention to her, since "Make Me (Cry)" didn't do a WHOLE lot for me...and on first listen, I don't think "Again" is going to change that. :oops:
• Aw, no cert for "Broken Glass" quite yet, but hopefully it's right around the corner!
• Looks like Sam owes your man BIG time... :lol:
• I'd forgotten just how fast "Sorry Not Sorry" tumbled off your chart the first time! It's hard to believe that it's her highest-peaking Hot 100 hit EVER now. :-?
• I was going to ask about your favorite Younger Now non-singles, and then I noticed your reply over in my thread :lol: As you saw, "Miss You So Much" has been the clear standout for me, largely thanks to those "when you look up at a rainbow, do you ever wonder..." pre-chorus parts. Sadly, "I Would Die For You" is a strong contender for my least-favorite so far (along with "She's Not Him.") Well...let's say "most skipped." Although they're kind of cute, Dolly's intro and outro on "Rainbowland" drag on for a bit too long, and I think I'd come back to that track more often if they weren't included :oops: I don't have high hopes for any other singles from the album, but "Thinkin'" is probably her best bet...

Yet another chart where the appeal is no mystery, Tansike! :D
Yes, i really like "Again" at the moment, it's sooo good and by far Noah's best effort to date. That's a good question about the longevity, we'll see how it will do in the upcoming weeks. As for now i don't see it starting to fall fast out of a sudden, so i think a certification may be possible for it in the end. Awww... at least you checked it out :oops:

It is! :wink:

Ha, definitely! :lol: Not sure how long this effect will last though.

I know... i'm still not that much into it. I had a little hope left that the album release may make it growing on me, but it didn't really happen apart from the first week. Now i keep on starting with track number two when i listen to the album :lol:

Aww. I think i wrote down in your topic that "I Would Die For You" is one of my faves, so it's kinda sad to hear this is one of your least favorite songs of the album. My most skipped tracks are "Rainbowland" and "Inspired", so we have a different view of the songs there :oops: Yes for "Thinkin'", an obvious choice IMO. But overall the album is so much stronger than expected, i'm really happy about that!

Thanks a lot :D
Tansike
Legend

Postby Tansike » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:39 pm

thanks so much for all comments

week 41/2017 – 12 october 2017 Christmas is starting early…

Singles Top40
It’s an exciting time for former Nightwish singers, as not only Anette Olzon keeps on smashing with her new project The Dark Element, but also her predecessor Tarja is now having a new hit on her own. The finnish siren brings Christmas early to the charts, as she released the first single of her upcoming Christmas album “From Spirits And Ghosts (Score For A Dark Christmas)”, which will be released in the middle of November. It’s already her third Christmas album, following “Henkäys ikuisuudesta” (2006, not charted) and “Ave Maria – En plein air” (2015, #1, certified with Gold). However, the album won’t be a simple Christmas album, as it will be very dark and could fit to Halloween as well. Back to the single, which is called “O Come, O Come, Emmanuel”, and immediately debuts atop the singles charts following a surprising success and nearly 90 plays since its release on Friday. It’s already her 13th chart topper, out of 13 entries on the singles charts in total, making her the artist with the third most number one songs ever, only behind Lady GaGa with 15 and Kerli with 14, and now above Lana Del Rey and Miley Cyrus, who both got 12 number one hits on their own. From all these artists, Kerli and Tarja have a 100% ratio when it comes to scoring number one entries.

Anette Olzon and her project The Dark Element dips 1-2 with “My Sweet Mystery” after two weeks at number one. They also released a new song called “Here’s To You”, which also got a massive 96 plays since its release on Thursday evening, however the song is not a promo and also not an official single – they only decided to put it out as it got leaked, otherwise it would have been a very interesting battle for the top spot this week. Closing the Top3 is already a second new entry. Following the big success of “Broken Glass”, Rachel Platten just announced the release of her new album “Waves”, and also released the new track “Perfect For You” alongside that announcement, which becomes another Top3 hit for her at #3. And speaking about “Broken Glass”, while the song may be as low as never before so far (13-17), it gets certified with Gold this week, becoming her first certified single ever.

There are another four new entries and two re-entries in the Top40 this week. The third new entry also makes a big impression, as it’s new at #5, and it’s “Perfect” by Ed Sheeran. The track was chosen to be the fourth official single following “Shape Of You”, “Castle Of The Hill” and “Galway Girl”, and is his sixth charts appearance from “÷” overall, as he also got entries with the promo releases “How Would You Feel (Paean)” and “Bibia Be Ye Ye”. Linkin Park just misses out a Top10 debut with “One More Light”, the fourth entry for their album with the same name (#11). And as if all these new entries aren’t already enough, Charlie Puth also gets a pretty successful debut position for his newest release “How Long”, which enters the charts at #13 as the second single of his newly announced second album “Voicenotes”. The sixth and final debut goes to Jessie J, as the singer already released another single called “Not My Ex”, which only makes a moderate debut at #28, while the previous song “Think About That” tumbles down 18-38. The two re-entries are “I Help You Hate Me” by Sunrise Avenue (#20) and “Epona” by Eluveitie (#37).

The rest of the best: Noah Cyrus and XXXTENTACION’s “Again” keeps on being very successful, but falls 2-4. LP’s “No Witness” is down 3-6, followed by Shania Twain’s “Poor Me”, which gets a new peak by climbing 10-7. Arch Enemy’s “The Eagle Flies Alone” (5-8), Hailee Steinfeld & Co.’s “Let Me Go” (4-9) and Evanescence’ “Imperfection” (6-10) make the Top10 complete.

A few new entries in the Top10 obviously also means that there are a few songs which have to leave that part of the charts, and that are “71 Charger” by Loreen (7-12), “Merci quand même” by Marina Kaye (9-15) and “Find You” by Nick Jonas (8-16). Following the release of her new album a week ago, Miley Cyrus got two re-entries with her singles, and this time they still hang on really well, with “Malibu” just leaving the Top20 (19-21) and “Younger Now” even improving some spots (30-23). Other than that, there are a few big drops this week: “Life’s About To Get Good” by Shania Twain (17-25), “Ocean Away” by Loreen (16-27), “Underdog” by Banks (11-30), “Homemade Dynamite” by Lorde (24-35) and “Beautiful Ones” by Hurts (23-40) are all falling lots of places.

Miley Cyrus’ “Younger Now” is the biggest climber while Jessie J’s “Think About That” is the biggest loser this week.
    ImageImage

1 (NEW) Tarja – O Come, O Come, Emmanuel

2 (1) The Dark Element (Anette Olzon & Jani Liimatainen) – My Sweet Mystery
Chart Run: *1*-1-2- / 3w

3 (NEW) Rachel Platten – Perfect For You

4 (2) Noah Cyrus feat. XXXTENTACION – Again
Chart Run: 3-*2*-4- / 3w

5 (NEW) Ed Sheeran – Perfect
Chart Run: *5*- / 1w

6 (3) LP – No Witness
Chart Run: *3*-6- / 2w

7 (10) Shania Twain – Poor Me
Chart Run: 12-11-9-12-17-23-30-Out-RE 10-*7*- / 9w

8 (5) Arch Enemy – The Eagle Flies Alone
Chart Run: 38-Out-RE 31-*1*-2-5-8- / 6w

9 (4) Hailee Steinfeld & Alesso feat. Florida Georgia Line & watt – Let Me Go
Chart Run: 14-6-*4*-4-9- / 5w

10 (6) Evanescence – Imperfection
Chart Run: 7-*5*-6-10- / 4w

11 (NEW) Linkin Park – One More Light
Chart Run: *11*- / 1w

12 (7) Loreen – ’71 Charger
Chart Run: *7*-12- / 2w

13 (NEW) Charlie Puth – How Long
Chart Run: *13*- / 1w

14 (12) Demi Lovato – Tell Me You Love Me
Chart Run: *10*-19-35-Out-RE 12-14- / 5w

15 (9) Marina Kaye – Merci quand même
Chart Run: *6*-9-15- / 3w

16 (8) Nick Jonas – Find You
Chart Run: 21-*7*-8-16- / 4w

17 (13) Rachel Platten – Broken Glass *G*
Chart Run: 8-*3*-7-5-9-8-13-17- / 8w

18 (15) Sam Smith – Too Good At Goodbyes
Chart Run: *9*-18-40-15-18- / 5w

19 (14) The Dark Element (Anette Olzon & Jani Liimatainen) – The Dark Element
Chart Run: *1*-4-10-12-14-19- / 6w

20 (RE) Sunrise Avenue – I Help You Hate Me
Chart Run: *11*-13-20-30-Out-RE 20- / 5w

21 (19) Miley Cyrus – Malibu *G*
Chart Run: *2*-4-4-7-9-14-25-31-Out-RE 19-21- / 10w

22 (21) Kesha – Praying *P*
Chart Run: *1*-4-2-3-3-1-6-8-13-15-20-23-21-22- / 14w

23 (30) Miley Cyrus – Younger Now
Chart Run: *3*-9-16-21-30-Out-RE 30-23- / 7w

24 (20) Taylor Swift – Look What You Made Me Do
Chart Run: *1*-2-6-11-13-20-24- / 7w

25 (17) Shania Twain – Life’s About To Get Good
Chart Run: *13*-14-17-23-26-31-28-21-23-30-36-Out-RE 17-25- / 13w

26 (25) Zara Larsson – Only You *G*
Chart Run: *2*-5-4-3-7-13-18-25-26- / 9w

27 (16) Loreen – Ocean Away
Chart Run: 6-4-*2*-5-11-16-27- / 7w

28 (NEW) Jessie J – Not My Ex
Chart Run: *28*- / 1w

29 (22) Macklemore feat. Kesha – Good Old Days
Chart Run: *14*-22-29- / 3w

30 (11) Banks – Underdog
Chart Run: *11*-30- / 2w

31 (35) Astrid S – Think Before I Talk
Chart Run: 35-*31*- / 2w

32 (31) Clean Bandit feat. Zara Larsson – Symphony *P*
Chart Run: *1*-1-1-1-5-10-22-37-Out-RE 18-16-11-12-11-12-16-23-26-31-32- / 19w

33 (29) Macklemore feat. Skylar Grey – Glorious
Chart Run: 26-38-Out-RE *21*-29-33- / 5w

34 (27) Kygo feat. Justin Jesso – Stargazing
Chart Run: *27*-34- / 2w

35 (24) Lorde – Homemade Dynamite
Chart Run: *9*-11-12-15-24-35- / 6w

36 (33) Eluveitie – Lvgvs *G*
Chart Run: *1*-4-8-1-2-5-10-16-25-33-36- / 11w

37 (RE) Eluveitie – Epona
Chart Run: *2*-6-4-5-10-17-24-31-Out-RE 37- / 9w

38 (18) Jessie J – Think About That
Chart Run: 15-*9*-18-38- / 4w

39 (32) Loreen & Elliphant – Jungle
Chart Run: *10*-20-22-11-13-17-24-32-39- / 9w

40 (23) Hurts – Beautiful Ones
Chart Run: 35-36-Out-RE *23*-40- / 4w

Out of Top40
Out (26) First Aid Kit – It’s A Shame (1w)
Out (28) Kelly Clarkson – Love So Soft (4w)
Out (34) Demi Lovato – Sorry Not Sorry (5w)
Out (36) Tori Amos – Up The Creek (4w)
Out (37) Taylor Swift – …Ready For It? (5w)
Out (38) Fergie feat. Nicki Minaj – You Already Know (2w)
Out (39) Melanie Fiona – Remember U (2w)
Out (40) Björk – The Gate (3w)

Album Top20
After the busiest week ever on the album charts, it’s more back to normality this week, with three arrivals and only one of them was really anticipated, which is good for last weeks three highest arrivals, as they all remain the most successful albums for another week, just in a slightly different order. Miley Cyrus spends a second week atop the charts with “Younger Now”, followed by Shania Twain, who rises 3-2 with “Now” and switches positions with Demi Lovato, who dips 2-3 with “Tell Me You Love Me”.

The highest of the three new entries is “Heartbreak Century”, the newest album by finnish rock-pop group Sunrise Avenue. The band already collected a few hits over the past eleven years, and also already scored two entries on the album charts, with their “Fairytales – Best Of 2006 – 2014” being their biggest success with a #2 peak and a Gold certification. The newest work debuts at #4. A second debut makes the upper half, and that’s “Dark Matters”, by The Rasmus, who are – coincidentally – another finnish pop-rock band. Their album enters the charts at #8 as their first entry on the Album Top20. Arch Enemy’s “Will To Power” slips 4-5, followed by Kygo’s “Stargazing” EP (5-6) and Eluveitie’s “Evocation II: Pantheon” (10-7). Robin Schulz’ “Uncovered” (7-9) and Tori Amos’ “Native Invader” (9-10) make the Top10 complete.

As mentioned, there’s a third new entry, and while Christmas is beginning very soon and successful on the singles charts this week, it also begins on the album charts, but not successful at all. Gwen Stefani owns the first Christmas album entry of the year with her newly released “You Make It Feel Like Christmas”, however she disappoints with a weak #13 debut. That’s not only weak overall, but also compared to her last set “This Is What The Truth Feels Like”, which debuted at number one and stayed there for three weeks in early 2016.

“Desire” by Hurts (6-11) and “Gemini” by Macklemore (8-12) leave the Top10. Loreen celebrates her first certification in years as her “Nude” EP goes Gold this week (11-14). She’s followed by Lana Del Rey, who sees a push due to her ongoing survivor for “Lust For Life” (20-15). Last but not least, it has to be mentioned that “Double Dutchess” by Fergie already leaves the Album Top20 after a meager two weeks.
    ImageImage

1 (1) Miley Cyrus – Younger Now
Chart Run: *1*-1- / 2w

2 (3) Shania Twain – Now
Chart Run: 3-*2*- / 2w

3 (2) Demi Lovato – Tell Me You Love Me
Chart Run: *2*-3- / 2w

4 (NEW) Sunrise Avenue – Heartbreak Century
Chart Run: *4*- / 1w

5 (4) Arch Enemy – Will To Power
Chart Run: 2-*1*-1-4-5- / 5w

6 (5) Kygo – Stargazing EP
Chart Run: *5*-6- / 2w

7 (10) Eluveitie – Evocation II: Pantheon *G*
Chart Run: *1*-1-1-3-5-8-10-7- / 8w

8 (NEW) The Rasmus – Dark Matters
Chart Run: *8*- / 1w

9 (7) Robin Schulz – Uncovered
Chart Run: *7*-9- / 2w

10 (9) Tori Amos – Native Invader
Chart Run: *1*-2-4-9-10- / 5w

11 (6) Hurts – Desire
Chart Run: *6*-11- / 2w

12 (8) Macklemore – Gemini
Chart Run: *2*-8-12- / 3w

13 (NEW) Gwen Stefani – You Make It Feel Like Christmas
Chart Run: *13*- / 1w

14 (11) Loreen – Nude EP *G*
Chart Run: *2*-2-4-6-7-11-14- / 7w

15 (20) Lana Del Rey – Lust For Life *G*
Chart Run: *1*-1-2-3-4-7-9-10-13-16-20-15- / 12w

16 (15) Vanessa Mai – Regenbogen
Chart Run: 7-7-11-15-13-*4*-9-15-16- / 9w

17 (18) Kesha – Rainbow *G*
Chart Run: *1*-2-4-6-9-11-14-18-17- / 9w

18 (16) Halsey – hopeless fountain kingdom *P*
Chart Run: *1*-1-2-1-1-1-1-2-2-3-4-3-5-7-8-9-11-16-18- / 19w

19 (13) Anastacia – Evolution
Chart Run: *3*-6-13-19- / 4w

20 (17) Zara Larsson – So Good *P*
Chart Run: 2-*1*-1-1-1-4-6-6-9-13-13-12-13-14-11-12-12-12-13-11-8-5-6-8-8-6-7-10-17-20- / 30w

Out of Top20
Out (12) Fergie – Double Dutchess (2w)
Out (14) Illenium – Awake (2w)
Out (19) Lindsey Stirling – Brave Enough *3xP* (58w)

(sorry for eventual mistakes!)
Tansike
Legend

Postby Tansike » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:40 pm

New certifications

GOLD
Rachel Platten – Broken Glass [single]

Loreen – Nude EP [album]

(these certifications were already added to the charts above)

Click here for the Certification Database
Tansike
Legend

Postby Mainshow » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:56 pm

Well-deserved #1 for Tarja. That's her first single since "I Feel Immortal" which totally convinced me. It's pure perfection and when I saw the title of your thread, I was really glad that we agree on her latest single! - Since we both placed the track as your personal #1 this week, I can't wait to see her debut on the UKMIX Parade ;) - Brilliant #2 as well and I like the new entry by Ed.

I have never liked Linkin' Park but "How Long" by Charlie Puth is clearly another great track. I can't wait to hear his album. #13 as a debut is fine. I hope it will enter your Top 10, though. - Great to see your Swiss entrant of FSC re-enter your chart and oh well, the incredibly huge drop for "Beautiful Ones" is kinda shocking; especially since you said that you don't dislike their latest album.

Brilliant Top 3 when it comes to your album chart. (Still need to listen to "Now" more closely) and cute certification of Loreen's EP.
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Postby Magnus » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:27 pm

Tansike wrote:"Think Before I Talk" is really cute, but as for "Breathe", i don't remember the song at all... i checked out a few songs by her already but not sure if that was one of them as well... :oops:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=122119

This is her big hit for me (and it was a decent actual hit in Norway), might even make the top 10 on my YEC.

(Comments about the current chart will come later.)
Magnus
Manager

Postby bluecherry » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:23 pm

Great to see Shania climb! 'Poor Me' really is an outstanding return to form whilst sounding much more modern!
bluecherry
Manager

Postby heppolo » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:24 pm

1 (NEW) Tarja – O Come, O Come, Emmanuel
So artistic and even a tiny bit eerie.
Waffles are checked cookies
heppolo
Legend

Return to Personal Charts