Yeah, that's a kind of pain/loneliness that quite a few songs have touched on over the years: being in the same room/physically nearby each other, but feeling a massive cold void between you. "it feels like you're a million miles away, as you're lying here with me tonight..."Tansike wrote:Yes, even then, which was also one of the reason why I felt kinda alone despite being together with him. I missed it to be ‘loved’ which is actually really horrible to feel that way when you’re in a relationship. Haha I don’t think he was, his parents are similar and maybe that’s the way he grew up, so it’s him. That’s okay and maybe he just needs someone who is the same, or someone who is able to ‘change’ him there.
Funny thing is my current partner is completely different and sometimes it’s even too much for me, because I’m not used to it
Getting that balance just right is tricky, though I definitely wouldn't want to be with someone who never touched me and had me feeling totally undesirable...but I also wouldn't want someone who's constantly grabbing at me (especially if I'm enjoying some alone time/immersed in a video game, or just trying to get a task done) Speaking of trying to get immersed in a video game, how's your Silberne playthrough going?
YES! It's always sounded plenty catchy to me (and without the same high burnrate as "Swish Swish.") For years, "Thinking Of You" stood out as this black-sheep in her singles catalog for being such a flop (though I've always loved that one too)...but now BA has really set a new low for her.Tansike wrote:Still a thing I don’t understand, as “Bon Appétit” would be my favorite single of “Witness” so far, and its video was a hit as well, so it’s really strange how this is the biggest flop of the album. I agree, who would have expected that Katy would flop with a new era like a year ago?
I've enjoyed several of her singles over the years, but Blown Away is the only full album I've bought. Her biggest Paulboard hits have been "Something In The Water" and "Blown Away." Have you posted one of those nifty spreadsheet screenshots for her Marcelboard history recently?Tansike wrote:Oh that’s kinda sad as it’s definitely my favorite album by Carrie and I still love to listen to it every now and then. Have you heard “Church Bells”? It’s easily the best track of the album and was released as the third single. And did you like her in the past?
Yes, that was most likely the main reason. Plus the singles also didn’t sell as much as most of her previous singles used to do, so while they did well on country radio, it seemed like they didn’t click with the non-country audience, at least not as much as her previous stuff did.
Ah, that's a really great point! Most of her other albums had at least one single that enjoyed some crossover success/mainstream exposure, but I don't think any of the Storyteller singles made any waves outside her country core.
Of course! Silly me for forgetting just how much you love when ladies sing about touching themselves ("Love Myself", "Only You", etc.)Tansike wrote:Yes and no. Yes to “Starving” never cracking my Top10, but no to her first Top10, as that was “Love Myself”, which peaked at #10 (already two years ago – time flies! )
• This might have a lot to with the fact that you're coming off a No. 1 with a very...particular style of vocals, but this new No. 1 sounds pretty good on first listen! Heavy guitars aside, dare I say the chorus/melody is even a tad...poppy?Tansike wrote:1 (NEW) The Dark Element (Anette Olzon & Jani Liimatainen) – My Sweet Mystery
4 (6) Hailee Steinfeld & Alesso feat. Florida Georgia Line & watt – Let Me Go
7 (21) Nick Jonas – Find You
8 (9) Rachel Platten – Broken Glass
10 (3) Kelly Clarkson – Love So Soft
13 (11) Taylor Swift – Look What You Made Me Do
16 (4) Taylor Swift – …Ready For It?
18 (13) Zara Larsson – Only You
19 (NEW) Fergie feat. Nicki Minaj – You Already Know
23 (20) Kesha – Praying *G*
26 (23) Clean Bandit feat. Zara Larsson – Symphony *P*
27 (14) Niall Horan – Too Much To Ask
28 (25) P!nk – What About Us
34 (RE) Kerli & Illenium – Sound Of Walking Away
40 (18) Sam Smith – Too Good At Goodbyes
• Thrilled to see Hailee nab her first Top 5 with "Let Me Go."
• Ah, I didn't realize that "Find You" had actually clicked with you so much until I saw your response to my comments! I've revisited it a couple more times, but it's still an "in-one-ear-and-out-the-other" experience for me, unfortunately.
• Loving that longevity for "Broken Glass." It was already the longest-lasting song in your Top 10, and now it's even moving back up!
• Did any of the ineligible non-singles on Double Dutchess make any impact on you? It's really random, but "Enchanté (Carine)" has actually been the standout for me so far It's just so light, bubbly, and a little quirky - it makes for a nice contrast to all the tracks where she just raps about how she's rich and sexy (which is kind of her trademark, I know.) "Kleopatra" actually falls into that group lyrically, but the production sets it apart in a good way. "Love Is Blind" grew on me more than I initially expected (partially thanks to its video.) I also just love the way she pronounces "biyytchyes" on that track.
• Have you checked out the title track from P!nk's upcoming album? It's definitely made a stronger impression on me than "What About Us."
• Sam's chart run So this could become his first song since "La La La" (and his first ever as the lead artist) to last only 3 weeks here?
Yet another super-sweet chart, Tansike!