Moderators: tdc2000, FreakyFlyBry

Postby stevyy » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:15 pm

7 (10) Shania Twain – Poor Me
Chart Run: 12-11-9-12-17-23-30-Out-RE 10-*7*- / 9w

a fantastic song.
stevyy
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:21 pm

Ah, this is the second chart I've visited in the last 10 minutes with a Top 5 placement for "Perfect". Ed Sheeran moves from strength to strength this new era, it seems.

The new Charlie Puth song is a bit meh, but it took a few plays for me to get into "Attention," so perhaps there's hope for "How Long," though I have my doubts.

Awesome that "Symphony" is still here after such a long while. Year-end countdown season is fast approaching, and I think we'll both have that one fairly high up on our lists.

2 (1) The Dark Element (Anette Olzon & Jani Liimatainen) – My Sweet Mystery
4 (2) Noah Cyrus feat. XXXTENTACION – Again
5 (NEW) Ed Sheeran – Perfect
6 (3) LP – No Witness
7 (10) Shania Twain – Poor Me
9 (4) Hailee Steinfeld & Alesso feat. Florida Georgia Line & watt – Let Me Go
13 (NEW) Charlie Puth – How Long
14 (12) Demi Lovato – Tell Me You Love Me
16 (8) Nick Jonas – Find You
17 (13) Rachel Platten – Broken Glass *G*
18 (15) Sam Smith – Too Good At Goodbyes
21 (19) Miley Cyrus – Malibu *G*
22 (21) Kesha – Praying *P*
23 (30) Miley Cyrus – Younger Now
24 (20) Taylor Swift – Look What You Made Me Do
25 (17) Shania Twain – Life’s About To Get Good
32 (31) Clean Bandit feat. Zara Larsson – Symphony *P*
33 (29) Macklemore feat. Skylar Grey – Glorious
35 (24) Lorde – Homemade Dynamite
40 (23) Hurts – Beautiful Ones
"You think your pain and your heartbreak are unprecedented in the history of the world, but then you read." - James Baldwin
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby phoenix98 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:00 pm

Tansike wrote:Hoppip turned out to be a nice surprise, even with just having Tackle at that early stage. As you say, it's quite fast and once it got one of the Powder moves it's actually really cool to play. Plus you have Tail Whip and Synthesis which makes it even better. I still remember that Ledyba was one of the first new ones that i fell in love with back in 2001/2002 and i had it in my very first team back then, so i thought it would be cute to play with it again. Yes, I totally forgot about Hyper Fang, such a strong move so early :o Oh Mareep uses to be one of my favorite ones as well and i already caught one, maybe i'll add it once Rattata evolves so i can switch them with each other.

Oh, you already did that with another game, did you? And wow, you're already so far, i didn't know you were already playing it that much, that's cool! So i'm still veeery far behind. I only got my third batch :lol: Your team sounds awesome, and wow at already having an Umbreon, that's really cool! Haha yeah that's his german name, and btw huge thanks for taking the time for writing the german names down as well, very helpful, because i'm still not used to english names at all and always have to google them <3 :lol: :oops:

No need to say sorry there, i love to read about all that. As i said above, i'm not much further, but i'm leaving for vacation tomorrow morning, so there's a chance i'll play a lot more during the next week (because it will be beach vacation, so doing nothing at all and having the time to play games etc.) :)
Ah, so there's lots of nostalgia around Ledyba/Ledian for you? All the more reason to include it in this playthrough! Are you planning to re-create the entire team from your original Gen II experience, or Ledya just happens to overlap? I've always liked Ledian's design, and I've hoped to come across it in some of my previous Nuzlockes, but never had the luck. I guess it doesn't help that it isn't available in many of the main series games (or only in the post-game.) Its stats also make it a bit trickier to use (especially back when both Bug and Flying were strictly physical.) Mareep >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Rattata, so hopefully you make that switch soon :lol: It's especially useful in Gen II, since it can make good use of the "Thunderpunch" and "Fire Punch" TMs available in Goldenrod/Dukatia City (once it evolves, which is pretty early anyway.)

Ha, yeah, I've been moving along faster than I usually progress through Pokémon games. It helps that the levels stay pretty low throughout Johto (even the Champion maxes out at Lv. 50) - almost TOO low at times - so there isn't much need to grind to stay on-par with the Gym Leaders. Speaking of: I just beat Clair/Sandra, so I'm off to the Pokémon League now! My team = Dundee the Feraligatr/Impergator, Vampirella the Crobat/Iksbat, Shorn the Ampharos, Charade the Sudowoodo/Mogelbaum, Tenebrous the Umbreon/Nachtara, and Maelstrom the Seadra/Seemon. I started keeping Pucker the Jynx/Rossana in rotation, but I don't think I'll use her against the Elite Four (partially because she doesn't learn any Psychic-type moves by level-up) :x No worries about the German names! It's actually pretty fun to look them up and see how they compare!

Hope you're having/had an awesome time on that beach vacation! I'd love to hear all about it once you're back :D (I took a quick peek at your Facebook, and despite this being a "beach vacation", there didn't seem to be a single shirtless pic in sight...)

Tansike wrote:No :( And to be honest i don't remember them anymore, not even one of them :oops:
:oops: Ouch.

It's a good thing you still gave Storyteller a chance, despite most of Blown Away being totally forgettable! :lol:

Tansike wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol: Sorry but i'm definitely only in the other team :wink:
And we're lucky to have you! #mvp #starcatcher

Tansike wrote:No, it wasn't... overall her singles did worse than they should have, as i liked them much more... and since i'm so into these discography screenshots, here's Rachel Platten's Discography (already with a little teaser as it's already up-to-date, so the charts i'll post in a few minutes is already included as well...)
:o OH! So "Stand By You" lasted exactly as long as "Fight Song", despite peaking MUCH higher! Very interesting indeed...

Also, I'm glad you're into making/taking those screenshots, because they're definitely helpful for your followers! Win-win.

Tansike wrote:1 (NEW) Tarja – O Come, O Come, Emmanuel
2 (1) The Dark Element (Anette Olzon & Jani Liimatainen) – My Sweet Mystery
3 (NEW) Rachel Platten – Perfect For You
5 (NEW) Ed Sheeran – Perfect
9 (4) Hailee Steinfeld & Alesso feat. Florida Georgia Line & watt – Let Me Go
13 (NEW) Charlie Puth – How Long
14 (12) Demi Lovato – Tell Me You Love Me
16 (8) Nick Jonas – Find You
17 (13) Rachel Platten – Broken Glass *G*
18 (15) Sam Smith – Too Good At Goodbyes
21 (19) Miley Cyrus – Malibu *G*
22 (21) Kesha – Praying *P*
23 (30) Miley Cyrus – Younger Now
24 (20) Taylor Swift – Look What You Made Me Do
26 (25) Zara Larsson – Only You *G*
31 (35) Astrid S – Think Before I Talk
32 (31) Clean Bandit feat. Zara Larsson – Symphony *P*
• At first, I thought your thread title was referring to Sia :lol: Tarja's powerful operatic voice is really well-suited to classic/traditional Christmas songs like this one!
• YES! MEGA-thrilled to see you're loving "Perfect For You" too :D I honestly hadn't made the connection to Charlie's "Attention" until Jake mentioned it in my thread, and if it were a case of full-on plagiarism, that would certainly affect my impression of the song (and Rachel)...but these two tracks are still so different in many ways (and I definitely prefer "Perfect For You" overall. :oops:) PFY has so much to offer beyond the similar-sounding production at times (including a ton of super-catchy bits, like the "but I don't wanna wait, (you do...)", but I think my absolute favorite is the way she sings the "making me feel I'm not enough when I aAaAam..." part) <3 I mean, PFY instantly out-peaked "Attention" on both of our charts (by quite a significant margin on yours!), and it's not like either of us has anything against Charlie (as far as I know), so these songs clearly aren't exactly interchangeable. :lol:
• Strong start for "Perfect"! Is that thanks to the lyric video? I'm sure we've talked about this before, but it's a bit of a bummer that he's gone with SUCH a safe/predictable single selection (though I guess that's basically been the theme of this whole era.) I do like the song, and I'm sure it'll be another smash for him (though "Shape Of You" is STILL Top 10 on Radio Songs, which is BEYOND absurd. Now I kind of understand better why they didn't bother with "Galway Girl" here in the US, since SoY was bound to overshadow whatever came right after it...)
• This is nitpicky, and I feel pretty silly that it bothers me at all, but I'm a little distracted by how Charlie plays the role of the unfaithful asshole in "How Long" :oops: He doesn't even seem terribly apologetic about it :lol: More like "it only happened once, and you're the one I really love...so just get over it already." The song's totally catchy, though (I love that unexpected pullback at the end of the chorus), so I'd still love to see it replicate (or even surpass) the success of "Attention" around the globe.

Yet another divine chart, Tansike! :D
phoenix98
Legend

Postby Tansike » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:04 pm

Mainshow wrote:Well-deserved #1 for Tarja. That's her first single since "I Feel Immortal" which totally convinced me. It's pure perfection and when I saw the title of your thread, I was really glad that we agree on her latest single! - Since we both placed the track as your personal #1 this week, I can't wait to see her debut on the UKMIX Parade ;) - Brilliant #2 as well and I like the new entry by Ed.

I have never liked Linkin' Park but "How Long" by Charlie Puth is clearly another great track. I can't wait to hear his album. #13 as a debut is fine. I hope it will enter your Top 10, though. - Great to see your Swiss entrant of FSC re-enter your chart and oh well, the incredibly huge drop for "Beautiful Ones" is kinda shocking; especially since you said that you don't dislike their latest album.

Brilliant Top 3 when it comes to your album chart. (Still need to listen to "Now" more closely) and cute certification of Loreen's EP.
Not surprised to see you liking my current #1 :D I'm very glad she kinda got you back with "O Come, O Come, Emmanuel" and i hope you will love the album as well this time. Maybe this is the start of you being a fan of her again 8-)

Not sure about Top10 for Charlie's "How Long". It's a good tune for sure, however it's nothing that i would play all the time. He'll be fine in his second week but not sure how well he will hold on after that. Maybe once the album comes out next year or if the song really blows up (= more airplay) he could get a new peak on my charts. Also nice you like Eluveitie's re-entry, and as for Hurts, it's a solid album, but still nothing that makes a huge impression on me. But that was always the case with their stuff for me, their faaar from being an artist i'm looking forward to new releases...

Glad you like all these... Shania's album is so much better than expected :o

Magnus wrote:
Tansike wrote:"Think Before I Talk" is really cute, but as for "Breathe", i don't remember the song at all... i checked out a few songs by her already but not sure if that was one of them as well... :oops:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=122119" target="_blank

This is her big hit for me (and it was a decent actual hit in Norway), might even make the top 10 on my YEC.

(Comments about the current chart will come later.)
Oh :o I think your charts was even the reason why i checked it out some time ago...

But "Think Before I Talk" is definitely my favorite song from her so far :)

bluecherry wrote:Great to see Shania climb! 'Poor Me' really is an outstanding return to form whilst sounding much more modern!
Yes, completely agree, and i'm very happy you like her climb! :D
Tansike
Legend

Postby Tansike » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:05 pm

heppolo wrote:
1 (NEW) Tarja – O Come, O Come, Emmanuel
Chart Run: *1*- / 1w
So artistic and even a tiny bit eerie.
Definitely! :D

stevyy wrote:7 (10) Shania Twain – Poor Me
Chart Run: 12-11-9-12-17-23-30-Out-RE 10-*7*- / 9w

a fantastic song.
It really is, a shame it's not a commercial success for her :(

JSparksFan wrote:Ah, this is the second chart I've visited in the last 10 minutes with a Top 5 placement for "Perfect". Ed Sheeran moves from strength to strength this new era, it seems.

The new Charlie Puth song is a bit meh, but it took a few plays for me to get into "Attention," so perhaps there's hope for "How Long," though I have my doubts.

Awesome that "Symphony" is still here after such a long while. Year-end countdown season is fast approaching, and I think we'll both have that one fairly high up on our lists.

He really does. I'm actually surprised how well this track has started to do on its own in the past few weeks. Somehow i think it's a too safe choice for the next single, however it's still a great track and i'm happy that it seems to become another big hit for him.

Then i hope it grows on you :) It also took me ages to get more into "Attention", and it's still far from being one of his best ones for me, so i'm actually slightly surprised by how much i like "How Long".

Definitely! I still love the song and i'm seeing Zara very soon so i think it may even climb back up the charts over the next few weeks. One of the rare cases where the whole package seems right (Song, Video, Artist...)
Tansike
Legend

Postby Tansike » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:07 pm

phoenix98 wrote:Ah, so there's lots of nostalgia around Ledyba/Ledian for you? All the more reason to include it in this playthrough! Are you planning to re-create the entire team from your original Gen II experience, or Ledya just happens to overlap? I've always liked Ledian's design, and I've hoped to come across it in some of my previous Nuzlockes, but never had the luck. I guess it doesn't help that it isn't available in many of the main series games (or only in the post-game.) Its stats also make it a bit trickier to use (especially back when both Bug and Flying were strictly physical.) Mareep >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Rattata, so hopefully you make that switch soon :lol: It's especially useful in Gen II, since it can make good use of the "Thunderpunch" and "Fire Punch" TMs available in Goldenrod/Dukatia City (once it evolves, which is pretty early anyway.)

Ha, yeah, I've been moving along faster than I usually progress through Pokémon games. It helps that the levels stay pretty low throughout Johto (even the Champion maxes out at Lv. 50) - almost TOO low at times - so there isn't much need to grind to stay on-par with the Gym Leaders. Speaking of: I just beat Clair/Sandra, so I'm off to the Pokémon League now! My team = Dundee the Feraligatr/Impergator, Vampirella the Crobat/Iksbat, Shorn the Ampharos, Charade the Sudowoodo/Mogelbaum, Tenebrous the Umbreon/Nachtara, and Maelstrom the Seadra/Seemon. I started keeping Pucker the Jynx/Rossana in rotation, but I don't think I'll use her against the Elite Four (partially because she doesn't learn any Psychic-type moves by level-up) :x No worries about the German names! It's actually pretty fun to look them up and see how they compare!

Hope you're having/had an awesome time on that beach vacation! I'd love to hear all about it once you're back :D (I took a quick peek at your Facebook, and despite this being a "beach vacation", there didn't seem to be a single shirtless pic in sight...)
Yes. Well to be fair, there's a lot of nostalgia around everything of Silver to me, but Ledian is definitely a Pokémon i wanted to have in my team for so long and this time it seems like the perfect timing. Let's see how long it will remain in my team, it's still not sure which ones will remain there forever and which ones won't (except Rattata). I don't remember the rest of my original team unfortunately, so i can't re-create that, and i'm just adding the ones i like the most or am the most interested to try out this time. Ah yeah, Ledian's stats aren't that good, and its moves are another problem... :oops: I didn't play as much as expected so Rattata still isn't evolved, and Mareep still isn't in my team, but this should happen very soon.

Wow, congrats! I only got my fourth batch lately, so still a looong way ahead of me. I really love your team! Also LOVE the name Vampirella :lol: Glad you don't mind looking the german names up <3

Thanks, yeah, it was awesome and now i'm back again :cry: There's not much to tell as we didn't do much though :wink: Basically enjoying the time with each other. Haha, i tried to take a good pic but there was none worth a post :lol:

phoenix98 wrote: :oops: Ouch.

It's a good thing you still gave Storyteller a chance, despite most of Blown Away being totally forgettable! :lol:
Well i really enjoyed "Blown Away" back when it got released, and it was still a great success on the album charts, so it's not like i didn't like it back then. It's just that i never ever listened to the album again (except "Blown Away" and "See You Again") for years now, and so it happened that i forgot all other songs... :oops:

phoenix98 wrote:And we're lucky to have you! #mvp #starcatcher
8-)

phoenix98 wrote: :o OH! So "Stand By You" lasted exactly as long as "Fight Song", despite peaking MUCH higher! Very interesting indeed...

Also, I'm glad you're into making/taking those screenshots, because they're definitely helpful for your followers! Win-win.
Yes, "Stand By You" left the charts really fast, actually way faster than deserved. I also think it should have went Gold after all.

:D

phoenix98 wrote:• At first, I thought your thread title was referring to Sia :lol: Tarja's powerful operatic voice is really well-suited to classic/traditional Christmas songs like this one!
• YES! MEGA-thrilled to see you're loving "Perfect For You" too :D I honestly hadn't made the connection to Charlie's "Attention" until Jake mentioned it in my thread, and if it were a case of full-on plagiarism, that would certainly affect my impression of the song (and Rachel)...but these two tracks are still so different in many ways (and I definitely prefer "Perfect For You" overall. :oops:) PFY has so much to offer beyond the similar-sounding production at times (including a ton of super-catchy bits, like the "but I don't wanna wait, (you do...)", but I think my absolute favorite is the way she sings the "making me feel I'm not enough when I aAaAam..." part) <3 I mean, PFY instantly out-peaked "Attention" on both of our charts (by quite a significant margin on yours!), and it's not like either of us has anything against Charlie (as far as I know), so these songs clearly aren't exactly interchangeable. :lol:
• Strong start for "Perfect"! Is that thanks to the lyric video? I'm sure we've talked about this before, but it's a bit of a bummer that he's gone with SUCH a safe/predictable single selection (though I guess that's basically been the theme of this whole era.) I do like the song, and I'm sure it'll be another smash for him (though "Shape Of You" is STILL Top 10 on Radio Songs, which is BEYOND absurd. Now I kind of understand better why they didn't bother with "Galway Girl" here in the US, since SoY was bound to overshadow whatever came right after it...)
• This is nitpicky, and I feel pretty silly that it bothers me at all, but I'm a little distracted by how Charlie plays the role of the unfaithful asshole in "How Long" :oops: He doesn't even seem terribly apologetic about it :lol: More like "it only happened once, and you're the one I really love...so just get over it already." The song's totally catchy, though (I love that unexpected pullback at the end of the chorus), so I'd still love to see it replicate (or even surpass) the success of "Attention" around the globe.

Yet another divine chart, Tansike! :D
Ah no, Sia's release is yet to come... will definitely be interesting to see how her work will sound like since it will be original songs, and not the same covers as with most other christmas releases...
Very glad you enjoy Tarja's track, and yeah, her voice really fits to this music :)

<3 This is another big thing from Rachel, and now i'm really, really looking forward to "Waves". She's like another Carly Rae Jepsen to me at this point, making amazing pop music yet has no success and is way too underrated. For me it also sounded like Charlie Puth's new single "How Long", which was weird as both songs came out on the same day and i even listened to them back to back, and i was surprised to hear the same beat twice :lol:
Anyways, as you say, yes, i also have nothing against Charlie, however i like Rachel's two songs a lot more than Charlie's two songs and for me it's unfair that someone like Charlie has so much success while Rachel hasn't :cry:

No. I had it on my 'possible new entries' list for a very long time and since it started to really blow up on the charts i thought last week it's finally due for an entry. Yes, we already talked about that and i still think that way, however it's also still a great song so there's much worse.

:lol: Well yeah, lyrically it's not Charlie's best effort, however i agree with you that the song is still a good one :)

Thanks a lot :D
Tansike
Legend

Postby Magnus » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:25 pm

I still haven't checked out everything I probably should check out, but at least I've listened to the top 3 now and they're all perfectly listenable! I'll probably save the #1 for when it's closer to Christmas though, and Rachel's song is still far from her best for me. "My Sweet Mystery" is growing on me as I type this though so that one will probably enter my chart next week!

Also good to see Marina Kaye – Merci quand même and of course "Think Before I Talk"!
Magnus
Manager

Postby Tansike » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:27 am

^ thanks for checking out the latest Top3, really appreciate that! And i'm so positively surprised to hear you like them all, because you're probably the only user on here to do so :lol: What i really like about Tarja's song is that while it's a Christmas song, it's also one of the rare ones which can be heard when it's not Christmas time. Really pleased to hear this about "My Sweet Mystery" :o :o :o

Not surprised you like Marina and Astrid S - i already saw Marina debuting on your charts lately. Her album is coming out tomorrow, i'm so excited :D
Tansike
Legend

Postby Tansike » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:39 am

thanks so much for all comments

week 42/2017 – 19 october 2017 a Beautiful Trauma

Singles Top40
Following a few exciting weeks, last week was very quiet when it comes to new entries, and so it happens that there are only two new arrivals in the whole Singles Top40 this week, plus also two re-entries. And despite having only these few new and re-entries, one of them was surprisingly strong, however not strong enough to push Tarja away from the top spot, who now collects a second week for her Christmas single “O Come, O Come, Emmanuel”. Her biggest competitor was Marina Kaye, who arrives at #2 with her newest release “Something”, from her upcoming second album “Explicit”, which will be released tomorrow. The track is already her third release of that album, following “On My Own” (#5 peak, certified with Gold) and “Merci quand meme” (15-11 this week).

While the first new entry is nearly atop the charts, the second new one is nearly at the bottom, as former One Direction member Louis Tomlinson debuts at #39 with “Just Like You”. The two re-entries are also far apart from each other, with one of them making a comeback inside the Top10, while the other one is coming back at the bottom of the charts. The higher one is “What About Us” by P!nk, which benefits a lot from the album release and re-enters the charts at #8. The other one is “Bodak Yellow”, which makes its comeback at #37 for Cardi B.

The rest of the best: “My Sweet Mystery” by The Dark Element (2-3), “Perfect For You” by Rachel Platten (3-4), “Perfect” by Ed Sheeran (5-5) and “Again” by Noah Cyrus (4-6) are all still going on very strong. So does “Poor Me” by Shania Twain, which remains at its #7 peak for another week and even becomes Shania’s first certified release ever by going Gold this week. It’s now by far the highest charting track with a certification in the Top40 this week, which is pretty impressive since the song is still at its peak position. Demi Lovato gets a new peak for her promo single “Tell Me You Love Me” which improves 14-9 while LP’s “No Witness” makes the Top10 complete (6-10).

Arch Enemy’s “The Eagle Flies Alone” (8-15), Hailee Steinfeld’s “Let Me Go” (9-16) and Evanescence’ “Imperfection” (10-19) all leave the Top10 with a quite big drop following some good weeks inside them. Meanwhile, some older hits are slowly climbing back up the charts again, such as Kesha’s “Praying” (22-17) and Miley Cyrus’ “Malibu” (21-18). The latter is also climbing with the single “Younger Now” (23-22). Zara Larsson’s “Only You” was also a big success already, and climbs back up 26-23 this week again following the release of the new version featuring German music legend Nena. One place below is yet another pop girl from Scandinavia, as Norwegian singer Astrid S reaches a new peak with “Think Before I Talk” (31-24).

Sunrise Avenue’s “I Help You Hate Me” rises 20-12 as the biggest climber while Linkin Park’s “One More Light” drops 11-28 as the biggest loser this week.
    ImageImage
    ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

1 (1) Tarja – O Come, O Come, Emmanuel
Chart Run: *1*-1- / 2w

2 (NEW) Marina Kaye – Something
Chart Run: *2*- / 1w

3 (2) The Dark Element (Anette Olzon & Jani Liimatainen) – My Sweet Mystery
Chart Run: *1*-1-2-3- / 4w

4 (3) Rachel Platten – Perfect For You
Chart Run: *3*-4- / 2w

5 (5) Ed Sheeran – Perfect
Chart Run: *5*-5- / 2w

6 (4) Noah Cyrus feat. XXXTENTACION – Again
Chart Run: 3-*2*-4-6- / 4w

7 (7) Shania Twain – Poor Me *G*
Chart Run: 12-11-9-12-17-23-30-Out-RE 10-*7*-7- / 10w

8 (RE) P!nk – What About Us
Chart Run: *5*-10-16-21-24-25-28-Out-RE 8- / 8w

9 (14) Demi Lovato – Tell Me You Love Me
Chart Run: 10-19-35-Out-RE 12-14-*9*- / 6w

10 (6) LP – No Witness
Chart Run: *3*-6-10- / 3w

11 (15) Marina Kaye – Merci quand même
Chart Run: *6*-9-15-11- / 4w

12 (20) Sunrise Avenue – I Help You Hate Me
Chart Run: *11*-13-20-30-Out-RE 20-12- / 6w

13 (19) The Dark Element (Anette Olzon & Jani Liimatainen) – The Dark Element
Chart Run: *1*-4-10-12-14-19-13- / 7w

14 (13) Charlie Puth – How Long
Chart Run: *13*-14- / 2w

15 (8) Arch Enemy – The Eagle Flies Alone
Chart Run: 38-Out-RE 31-*1*-2-5-8-15- / 7w

16 (9) Hailee Steinfeld & Alesso feat. Florida Georgia Line & watt – Let Me Go
Chart Run: 14-6-*4*-4-9-16- / 6w

17 (22) Kesha – Praying *P*
Chart Run: *1*-4-2-3-3-1-6-8-13-15-20-23-21-22-17- / 15w

18 (21) Miley Cyrus – Malibu *G*
Chart Run: *2*-4-4-7-9-14-25-31-Out-RE 19-21-18- / 11w

19 (10) Evanescence – Imperfection
Chart Run: 7-*5*-6-10-19- / 5w

20 (12) Loreen – ’71 Charger
Chart Run: *7*-12-20- / 3w

21 (18) Sam Smith – Too Good At Goodbyes
Chart Run: *9*-18-40-15-18-21- / 6w

22 (23) Miley Cyrus – Younger Now
Chart Run: *3*-9-16-21-30-Out-RE 30-23-22- / 8w

23 (26) Zara Larsson – Only You *G*
Chart Run: *2*-5-4-3-7-13-18-25-26-23- / 10w

24 (31) Astrid S – Think Before I Talk
Chart Run: 35-31-*24*- / 3w

25 (17) Rachel Platten – Broken Glass *G*
Chart Run: 8-*3*-7-5-9-8-13-17-25- / 9w

26 (16) Nick Jonas – Find You
Chart Run: 21-*7*-8-16-26- / 5w

27 (24) Taylor Swift – Look What You Made Me Do
Chart Run: *1*-2-6-11-13-20-24-27- / 8w

28 (11) Linkin Park – One More Light
Chart Run: *11*-28- / 2w

29 (32) Clean Bandit feat. Zara Larsson – Symphony *P*
Chart Run: *1*-1-1-1-5-10-22-37-Out-RE 18-16-11-12-11-12-16-23-26-31-32-29- / 20w

30 (27) Loreen – Ocean Away
Chart Run: 6-4-*2*-5-11-16-27-30- / 8w

31 (29) Macklemore feat. Kesha – Good Old Days
Chart Run: *14*-22-29-31- / 4w

32 (37) Eluveitie – Epona
Chart Run: *2*-6-4-5-10-17-24-31-Out-RE 37-32- / 10w

33 (36) Eluveitie – Lvgvs *G*
Chart Run: *1*-4-8-1-2-5-10-16-25-33-36-33- / 12w

34 (25) Shania Twain – Life’s About To Get Good
Chart Run: *13*-14-17-23-26-31-28-21-23-30-36-Out-RE 17-25-34- / 14w

35 (35) Lorde – Homemade Dynamite
Chart Run: *9*-11-12-15-24-35-35- / 7w

36 (33) Macklemore feat. Skylar Grey – Glorious
Chart Run: 26-38-Out-RE *21*-29-33-36- / 6w

37 (RE) Cardi B – Bodak Yellow
Chart Run: *2*-7-14-19-28-Out-RE 37- / 6w

38 (34) Kygo feat. Justin Jesso – Stargazing
Chart Run: *27*-34-38- / 3w

39 (NEW) Louis Tomlinson – Just Like You
Chart Run: *39*- / 1w

40 (39) Loreen & Elliphant – Jungle
Chart Run: *10*-20-22-11-13-17-24-32-39-40- / 10w

Out of Top40
Out (28) Jessie J – Not My Ex (1w)
Out (30) Banks – Underdog (2w)
Out (38) Jessie J – Think About That (4w)
Out (40) Hurts – Beautiful Ones (4w)

Album Top20
Miley Cyrus spends a third week at number one with her latest release “Younger Now”, making her the seventh artist to do so this year. Her biggest competition came from one of two new arrivals, and that’s “Beautiful Trauma”, the first album in over four years by P!nk. The singer may be a huge force when it comes to album sales worldwide, however she has yet to score a big album on my charts, as her only entry so far was “The Truth About Love”, which debuted and peaked at a moderate #8 in the first week of 2013. Her new set arrives at a much better #2. She’s followed by Shania Twain’s “Now” (2-3), Demi Lovato’s “Tell Me You Love Me” (3-4) and Sunrise Avenue’s “Heartbreak Century” (4-5), which all dip one spot each.

The second new entry belongs to Australian singer Lenka, who gets her very first notation on the album charts with her fifth album “Attune” at #7. Eluveitie’s “Evocation II: Pantheon” rises 7-6. Arch Enemy’s “Will To Power” goes down 5-8 but gets certified with Gold, the bands first certification ever. Kygo’s “Stargazing” EP drops 6-9 while Lana Del Rey returns to the Top10 with “Lust For Life” (15-10).

The Rasmus’ “Dark Matters” (8-11) and Tori Amos’ “Native Invader” (10-12) both leave the Top10. Meanwhile, it’s probably shocking to see Gwen Stefani’s “You Make It Feel Like Christmas” already leaving the charts after just one week. Last but not least, following the success of her new single “O Come, O Come, Emmanuel”, Tarja’s last studio album “The Shadow Self” re-enters the charts at #13. The album was the most successful album of 2016.
    ImageImage

1 (1) Miley Cyrus – Younger Now
Chart Run: *1*-1-1- / 3w

2 (NEW) P!nk – Beautiful Trauma

3 (2) Shania Twain – Now
Chart Run: 3-*2*-3- / 3w

4 (3) Demi Lovato – Tell Me You Love Me
Chart Run: *2*-3-4- / 3w

5 (4) Sunrise Avenue – Heartbreak Century
Chart Run: *4*-5- / 2w

6 (7) Eluveitie – Evocation II: Pantheon *G*
Chart Run: *1*-1-1-3-5-8-10-7-6- / 9w

7 (NEW) Lenka – Attune
Chart Run: *7*- / 1w

8 (5) Arch Enemy – Will To Power *G*
Chart Run: 2-*1*-1-4-5-8- / 6w

9 (6) Kygo – Stargazing EP
Chart Run: *5*-6-9- / 3w

10 (15) Lana Del Rey – Lust For Life *G*
Chart Run: *1*-1-2-3-4-7-9-10-13-16-20-15-10- / 13w

11 (8) The Rasmus – Dark Matters
Chart Run: *8*-11- / 2w

12 (10) Tori Amos – Native Invader
Chart Run: *1*-2-4-9-10-12- / 6w

13 (RE) Tarja – The Shadow Self *P*
Chart Run: *1*-1-1-2-3-3-4-1-1-4-3-2-4-7-8-4-7-7-11-9-13-16-17-15-14-20-18-17-Out-RE 16-18-Out-RE 13- / 31w

14 (14) Loreen – Nude EP *G*
Chart Run: *2*-2-4-6-7-11-14-14- / 8w

15 (17) Kesha – Rainbow *G*
Chart Run: *1*-2-4-6-9-11-14-18-17-15- / 10w

16 (18) Halsey – hopeless fountain kingdom *P*
Chart Run: *1*-1-2-1-1-1-1-2-2-3-4-3-5-7-8-9-11-16-18-16- / 20w

17 (20) Zara Larsson – So Good *P*
Chart Run: 2-*1*-1-1-1-4-6-6-9-13-13-12-13-14-11-12-12-12-13-11-8-5-6-8-8-6-7-10-17-20-17- / 31w

18 (9) Robin Schulz – Uncovered
Chart Run: *7*-9-18- / 3w

19 (12) Macklemore – Gemini
Chart Run: *2*-8-12-19- / 4w

20 (11) Hurts – Desire
Chart Run: *6*-11-20- / 3w

Out of Top20
Out (13) Gwen Stefani – You Make It Feel Like Christmas (1w)
Out (16) Vanessa Mai – Regenbogen (9w)
Out (19) Anastacia – Evolution (4w)

(sorry for eventual mistakes!)
Tansike
Legend

Postby Tansike » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:40 am

New certifications

GOLD
Shania Twain – Poor Me [single]

Arch Enemy – Will To Power [album]

(these certifications were already added to the charts above)

Click here for the Certification Database
Tansike
Legend

Postby Mainshow » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:57 pm

I am so happy we made Tarja go Top 10 last week and it's amazing that her track is still #1 on your chart! I can't wait to get to know her new single "O Tannenbaum" (I am still afraid of getting a cheesy version of it, though).

I have never heard of Marina Kaye, so I checked it out (thanks for providing links) and I loved it. What a voice! Where did she come from all of a sudden? - Any chance she will represent a country in Eurovision? She clearly has everything to win the whole competition.

I am glad that Ed Sheeran and Shania Twain are stable this week and that "The Dark Element" (which I consider to be their best song to date) rises!

I am already very tired of "'71 Charger". I am so glad Loreen is about to release a new single next week (hopefully it will be a huge improvement this time!) - Du hast meinen Segen das Lied rauszuwerfen :D
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Postby Tansike » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:30 am

^ I really didn't expect someone like Tarja to make the UKMixParade Top10, but i'm so happy she did it, and she did it again this week <3
I'm also excited for "O Tannenbaum" and judging from "O Come, O Come, Emmanuel", i don't think it will be cheesy.

Never?! :o I'm sure you already heard "Homeless", which was a huge hit in Belgium & France and a moderate one in Switzerland, plus it was part of a FSC in middle 2015. She's from France and she would be a perfect choice for the ESC, that's true. Very happy you enjoy "Something", she just released her second album on friday which is really good :wink:

Glad you like these... as for "The Dark Element", it's still my least favorite song of the four we got so far, but still a very good one obviously.

Haha... this may happen sooner than expected... :lol: I think it's actually one of her weakest songs ever... :oops:
Tansike
Legend

Postby stevyy » Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:47 pm

2 (NEW) P!nk – Beautiful Trauma

3 (2) Shania Twain – Now

Excellent top 3 entries. BT also entered my chart at #2. It's an unlucky debut, but the album offers so much that I expect to see it rising in the future.
stevyy
Legend

Postby phoenix98 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:30 pm

Tansike wrote:Yes. Well to be fair, there's a lot of nostalgia around everything of Silver to me, but Ledian is definitely a Pokémon i wanted to have in my team for so long and this time it seems like the perfect timing. Let's see how long it will remain in my team, it's still not sure which ones will remain there forever and which ones won't (except Rattata). I don't remember the rest of my original team unfortunately, so i can't re-create that, and i'm just adding the ones i like the most or am the most interested to try out this time. Ah yeah, Ledian's stats aren't that good, and its moves are another problem... :oops: I didn't play as much as expected so Rattata still isn't evolved, and Mareep still isn't in my team, but this should happen very soon.

Wow, congrats! I only got my fourth batch lately, so still a looong way ahead of me. I really love your team! Also LOVE the name Vampirella :lol: Glad you don't mind looking the german names up <3

Thanks, yeah, it was awesome and now i'm back again :cry: There's not much to tell as we didn't do much though :wink: Basically enjoying the time with each other. Haha, i tried to take a good pic but there was none worth a post :lol:
I can't remember my original Silver team either :oops: I just recall re-starting it at least a couple times to try out the different starters. I do remember my Crystal team, though, since I made a point of using all three starters at once (to make it like Yellow had been): Meganium/Meganie, Typhlosion/Tornupto, Feraligatr/Impergator, Espeon/Psiana, Scizor/Scherox, and Donphan (I never used nicknames back then, probably because Ash never did :lol: I didn't start nicknaming anything until I started trying out Nuzlockes a couple years ago.) Ha, yeah, regarding Ledian's moves: I forgot just how sparse a lot of Pokémon's learnsets were in Gen II (still nearly as bad as Gen I, which isn't helped by the fact that Gen II removed some of the best Gen I TMs...)

Thanks :D I just beat Lance/Siegfried yesterday in my current Gold Nuzlocke, and thankfully no one on my team died against him or the Elite Four, so now I'm in Vermilion/Orania City with the same roster. They're a bit over-levelled for most of the Kanto Gym Leaders now, but I know there's a pretty big level jump for Blue/Blau and then a MUCH bigger one for Red/Rot...

Ah, so the trip was basically just nonstop...? ;) A perfect getaway indeed! I did have my hopes set on a shirtless cig-smoking-selfie or two, though. **sigh**

Tansike wrote:Well i really enjoyed "Blown Away" back when it got released, and it was still a great success on the album charts, so it's not like i didn't like it back then. It's just that i never ever listened to the album again (except "Blown Away" and "See You Again") for years now, and so it happened that i forgot all other songs... :oops:
Yeah, that's totally fair - especially considering how many new albums you check out each week! Stuff is bound to fade over time, but that doesn't mean you didn't love it (and wouldn't still enjoy it if you revisited it now.)

Tansike wrote:Yes, "Stand By You" left the charts really fast, actually way faster than deserved. I also think it should have went Gold after all.
Maybe Waves hype could help it re-enter...?

Tansike wrote:Ah no, Sia's release is yet to come... will definitely be interesting to see how her work will sound like since it will be original songs, and not the same covers as with most other christmas releases...
Ooh...I had no idea! I don't follow Sia too closely ("Cheap Thrills" is her only Paulboard smash as the lead act, and then "Move Your Body" had a decent-ish run) but that's QUITE interesting - and ambitious! That makes me a bit more inclined to give some of it a try, too...

Tansike wrote:<3 This is another big thing from Rachel, and now i'm really, really looking forward to "Waves". She's like another Carly Rae Jepsen to me at this point, making amazing pop music yet has no success and is way too underrated. For me it also sounded like Charlie Puth's new single "How Long", which was weird as both songs came out on the same day and i even listened to them back to back, and i was surprised to hear the same beat twice :lol:
Anyways, as you say, yes, i also have nothing against Charlie, however i like Rachel's two songs a lot more than Charlie's two songs and for me it's unfair that someone like Charlie has so much success while Rachel hasn't :cry:
So true (and so tragic!) :cry:

Tansike wrote:1 (1) Tarja – O Come, O Come, Emmanuel
2 (NEW) Marina Kaye – Something
3 (2) The Dark Element (Anette Olzon & Jani Liimatainen) – My Sweet Mystery
4 (3) Rachel Platten – Perfect For You
5 (5) Ed Sheeran – Perfect
8 (RE) P!nk – What About Us
9 (14) Demi Lovato – Tell Me You Love Me
10 (6) LP – No Witness
14 (13) Charlie Puth – How Long
16 (9) Hailee Steinfeld & Alesso feat. Florida Georgia Line & watt – Let Me Go
17 (22) Kesha – Praying *P*
18 (21) Miley Cyrus – Malibu *G*
21 (18) Sam Smith – Too Good At Goodbyes
22 (23) Miley Cyrus – Younger Now
23 (26) Zara Larsson – Only You *G*
24 (31) Astrid S – Think Before I Talk
25 (17) Rachel Platten – Broken Glass *G*
26 (16) Nick Jonas – Find You
27 (24) Taylor Swift – Look What You Made Me Do
29 (32) Clean Bandit feat. Zara Larsson – Symphony *P*
37 (RE) Cardi B – Bodak Yellow
39 (NEW) Louis Tomlinson – Just Like You
• At first, I wasn't having much of a reaction as I listened through "Something" for the first time...but that chorus really grabs you, especially the way she sings "I just wanna feel sooommmeethiiiiiiiiiing." It's really beautiful, but also so sad, haunting. Aren't you basically in love right now? :lol: Should I be concerned that this somber song about desperately wanting to feel something/anything is resonating with you so much...?
• Excellent re-entry for "What About Us." I'm sure we've talked about your chart rules before, but would the promo singles only have appeared if they REALLY impressed you - otherwise they'll have to wait for official single status? "Revenge" REALLY isn't faring well around here, so I'm especially curious to hear your thoughts on that one...
• Speaking of P!nk and Beautiful Trauma, I'm really surprised and impressed that Miley managed to hold her off on your albums chart! You'd mentioned that you've been enjoying Younger Now quite a bit, and this victory really reaffirms that! :o

Yet another blessed chart, Tansike! :D
phoenix98
Legend

Postby Tansike » Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:51 am

stevyy wrote:2 (NEW) P!nk – Beautiful Trauma

3 (2) Shania Twain – Now

Excellent top 3 entries. BT also entered my chart at #2. It's an unlucky debut, but the album offers so much that I expect to see it rising in the future.
With all the upcoming releases i'm really looking forward to, i think 2017 will be too busy for P!nk to reach a new peak on my charts, but i agree, it's a really strong album and already my favorite one from her :o So very happy to hear you like it that much as well :D

phoenix98 wrote:I can't remember my original Silver team either :oops: I just recall re-starting it at least a couple times to try out the different starters. I do remember my Crystal team, though, since I made a point of using all three starters at once (to make it like Yellow had been): Meganium/Meganie, Typhlosion/Tornupto, Feraligatr/Impergator, Espeon/Psiana, Scizor/Scherox, and Donphan (I never used nicknames back then, probably because Ash never did :lol: I didn't start nicknaming anything until I started trying out Nuzlockes a couple years ago.) Ha, yeah, regarding Ledian's moves: I forgot just how sparse a lot of Pokémon's learnsets were in Gen II (still nearly as bad as Gen I, which isn't helped by the fact that Gen II removed some of the best Gen I TMs...)

Thanks :D I just beat Lance/Siegfried yesterday in my current Gold Nuzlocke, and thankfully no one on my team died against him or the Elite Four, so now I'm in Vermilion/Orania City with the same roster. They're a bit over-levelled for most of the Kanto Gym Leaders now, but I know there's a pretty big level jump for Blue/Blau and then a MUCH bigger one for Red/Rot...

Ah, so the trip was basically just nonstop...? ;) A perfect getaway indeed! I did have my hopes set on a shirtless cig-smoking-selfie or two, though. **sigh**
I still remember that I took Chikorita, and in 90% cases of doing Silver (or even SoulSilver) I always took it so… though what I didn’t mention so far, it took me like over 30 minutes until I got the starter this time around as I wanted a female Chikorita and started over and over again until I got one :oops: It’s just one of those Pokémon which doesn’t make sense at all as male, at least to me.
Wow, this team sounds incredible! I always liked Donphan back then but somehow it never ended up in my Team. Also always wanted to try out Scizor though I never had someone to let it evolve :cry:
True to the moves. But just like Mareep, Ledian can at least learn one of the Punch TMs from Goldenrod City which is helping a lot.

Speaking about Mareep, since Rattata evolved in the meantime, I switched it up with Mareep, which already evolved as well. I just arrived in Olivine City and am battling in the Glitter Lighthouse right now.

Wow, congrats on becoming the new Champ! :D Wow at none of your Pokémon having died in the whole Elite Four :o That’s very impressive! Good luck for the Kanto Gym Leaders :wink:

:lol: I just leave it open in the room… :) (i hope one says that in english too, haha)
Well I made a few pics but as I said there was nothing post-worthy. Plus my body is nothing special, so there would have been nothing really outstanding to look at :wink:

phoenix98 wrote:Yeah, that's totally fair - especially considering how many new albums you check out each week! Stuff is bound to fade over time, but that doesn't mean you didn't love it (and wouldn't still enjoy it if you revisited it now.)
Maybe I should re-listen to it one day. I usually have some time around Christmas to listen to ‘forgotten’ albums or albums I always wanted to check out, so this may be a good thing to do then. But yeah, sometimes it just happen that one forgets some songs or even albums, but that doesn’t mean their weak or not good. Though one doesn’t forget really good one, no?

phoenix98 wrote:Maybe Waves hype could help it re-enter...?
Very unlikely. The boost through “Waves” must be huge, and if something old gets a boost, then it would be “Wildfire” on the album charts. Old(er) singles usually don’t get a boost through new albums, only through concerts. Also, next week will be a busy one on the singles charts with new releases by Eluveitie, Lindsey Stirling, Selena Gomez and Tarja (all have scored #1s in 2017), plus other album releases could bring some songs to the singles charts as well, such as Kelly Clarkson and two artists from Switzerland…

phoenix98 wrote:Ooh...I had no idea! I don't follow Sia too closely ("Cheap Thrills" is her only Paulboard smash as the lead act, and then "Move Your Body" had a decent-ish run) but that's QUITE interesting - and ambitious! That makes me a bit more inclined to give some of it a try, too...
Yep, I’m quite excited about that one, though two of my favorite artists are releasing Christmas stuff as well and they most likely will perform better than how Sia will do on my charts (and one of these two will debut tomorrow…)

phoenix98 wrote:• At first, I wasn't having much of a reaction as I listened through "Something" for the first time...but that chorus really grabs you, especially the way she sings "I just wanna feel sooommmeethiiiiiiiiiing." It's really beautiful, but also so sad, haunting. Aren't you basically in love right now? :lol: Should I be concerned that this somber song about desperately wanting to feel something/anything is resonating with you so much...?
• Excellent re-entry for "What About Us." I'm sure we've talked about your chart rules before, but would the promo singles only have appeared if they REALLY impressed you - otherwise they'll have to wait for official single status? "Revenge" REALLY isn't faring well around here, so I'm especially curious to hear your thoughts on that one...
• Speaking of P!nk and Beautiful Trauma, I'm really surprised and impressed that Miley managed to hold her off on your albums chart! You'd mentioned that you've been enjoying Younger Now quite a bit, and this victory really reaffirms that! :o

Yet another blessed chart, Tansike! :D
I’m very happy to hear you enjoy “Something”. It’s such a beautiful track, and Marina has a fantastic run on my charts so far, having scored seven entries and all of them made the Top10, with four of them being certified. Were you already familiar with her, or is “Something” the first song you heard?
Anyways, yes, I am in love right now, however there are still parts of the song I can relate too. It’s actually shocking how one line perfectly fits to me lately, but that’s all I can say now… :oops: :wink:

I think I once mentioned on your charts that I didn’t check out the other songs prior the album release, which is why none of the promo singles entered my charts. Now I also feel like it’s too late to let them onto my charts… sometimes it’s really weird when it comes to promo singles. Sometimes they are clear entries, sometimes they never make it… this time it’s the latter. So yes, it’s often that they really need to impress me to enter the Singles Top40. As for “Revenge”, it’s one of the weaker songs on “Beautiful Trauma” for me. I hope they pick a different second single – “Where We Go” would be my most favorite pick, as it’s already in my personal P!nk Top3.

Miley’s album is such a nice surprise! The singles (especially “Malibu”) grew on me so much again, plus I love “I Would Die For You”, “Thinkin’”, “Bad Mood” and “Love Someone”, while I also think “Week Without You”, “Miss You So Much” and “She’s Not Him” are also very strong. So it’s definitely one of the better mainstream releases of 2017 for me :o

Tansike
Legend

Postby heppolo » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:18 am

No other song in your chart can top this Tarja track (which is fair)
Waffles are checked cookies
heppolo
Legend

Postby Tansike » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:03 am

heppolo wrote:
Which is why it was #1 8-) very glad you like it that much (or you dislike all others that much :oops: )
Tansike
Legend

Postby Tansike » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:06 am

thanks so much for all comments

week 43/2017 – 26 october 2017 it’s getting Warmer In The Winter

Singles Top40
Following a very quiet week when it comes to new and re-entries, it’s back at having lots of them, as there are a six new arrivals and also four little comebacks on the charts this week. As for the highest new entry, it’s a similar picture to last week, when the highest one was strong, but not strong enough to debut right at the top. However, last weeks highest new entry is now the lucky one, as it rises to the top, and that’s Marina Kaye’s “Something”. The song is up 2-1, becoming her second chart topper following “Sounds Like Heaven” back in 2015, and it’s probably worth a mention that both of her number one songs were ballads, while all other songs she has released so far were uptempo ones. “Something” benefits from the album release, as Marina has released her sophomore album “Explicit” last week, which is also the reason behind the re-entry for “On My Own” (#22), while “Merci quand meme” remains in the upper half (11-14).

The highest new arrival is yet another song by The Dark Element. The project by Anette Olzon and Jani Liimatainen has already spawned two hit singles with “The Dark Element” (13-20) and “My Sweet Mystery” (3-4), and now they are getting a third with “Dead To Me” (#2). The album will be released in two weeks and is expected to be a major competition for Taylor Swift’s “Reputation”, which will be out on the same day. There’s a second new entry in the Top10, belonging to Rita Ora. The singer gets her highest notation ever as a lead artist as her new single “Anywhere” debuts straight at #5, being also her second highest charting track overall, only behind “Black Widow” by Iggy Azalea, where she was featured on.

Four more new arrivals to go, and three of them made a really good impression as well, all debuting inside the Top20. Australian singer Guy Sebastian is back with a new song and a new album. The album is called “Conscious” and comes out next week, with the single “Bloodstone” being a new entry at #11 for him, as his eighth chart entry overall. One spot below is “Gorgeous”, the third output of Taylor Swift’s upcoming album “Reputation”. So far, it’s only a promo track, as a video for the previous song “…Ready For It?” just came out. Yet another Top20 entry goes to former One Directioner Liam Payne, who arrives at #15 with his new single “Bedroom Floor”. Despite getting negative reviews from all fronts, “Bedroom Floor” is already his third entry this year following “Strip That Down” (#20, 7 weeks on the charts) and “Get Low” (#11, 9 weeks), the latter is even currently the most successful song by a former One Direction member. The last new entry on the charts this week belongs to Swiss Schlager singer Beatrice, who just made it onto the charts with her new single “Herz an” (#40). It’s the first release of her upcoming album “Wohlfühlgarantie”, which is set to be released in February 2018. While most of her entries didn’t make a big impact on the Singles Top40 so far, her last single “Federleicht” is clearly an exception so far, having got a Gold certification this year.

Marina Kaye is not the only one who gets a re-entry through an album release, as it’s also the case with Niall Horan. The One Directioner has released his debut album “Flicker”, which brings back “Slow Hands” (#30) and “Too Much To Ask” (#32). A fourth and final re-entry goes to Tarja, as her “An Empty Dream” is back at #34 following the physical CD release of the accompanying EP.

The rest of the best: Tarja’s “O Come, O Come, Emmanuel” dips 1-3, but there’s nothing to worry about for the singer as the follow-up will already come out tomorrow. “Perfect” by Ed Sheeran slips 5-6, followed by Rachel Platten’s “Perfect For You” (4-7), Noah Cyrus’ “Again” (5-8), P!nk’s “What About Us” (8-9) and Shania Twain’s “Poor Me” (7-10).

Norwegian pop singer Astrid S is still running on a high, as her “Think Before I Talk” keeps on climbing, up into the Top20 this week (24-13). There’s another quite big climb just outside the upper half with Clean Bandit & Zara Larsson’s “Symphony” going back up 29-21. Meanwhile, there are a few more big drops, especially “Let Me Go” by Hailee Steinfeld (16-27), “The Eagle Flies Alone” by Arch Enemy (15-28), “I Help You Hate Me” by Sunrise Avenue (12-29), “Imperfection” by Evanescence (19-37), “Find You” by Nick Jonas (26-38) and “’71 Charger” by Loreen (20-39) are all doing huge steps down, despite most of them having had a promising start at first.

Next week will be yet another busy one, especially at the top of the charts, as hitmakers such as Eluveitie, Lindsey Stirling, Loreen, Selena Gomez and Tarja will all debut on the charts with their new releases, while album releases by Kelly Clarkson, Rachel Platten and the two Swiss artists Eliane & Jaël will most likely bring some action to the singles charts as well.

Astrid S’ “Think Before I Talk” is the biggest climber, while Loreen’s “’71 Charger” is the biggest loser this week.
    ImageImage

1 (2) Marina Kaye – Something
Chart Run: 2-*1*- / 2w

2 (NEW) The Dark Element (Anette Olzon & Jani Liimatainen) – Dead To Me

3 (1) Tarja – O Come, O Come, Emmanuel
Chart Run: *1*-1-3- / 3w

4 (3) The Dark Element (Anette Olzon & Jani Liimatainen) – My Sweet Mystery
Chart Run: *1*-1-2-3-4- / 5w

5 (NEW) Rita Ora – Anywhere
Chart Run: *5*- / 1w

6 (5) Ed Sheeran – Perfect
Chart Run: *5*-5-6- / 3w

7 (4) Rachel Platten – Perfect For You
Chart Run: *3*-4-7- / 3w

8 (6) Noah Cyrus feat. XXXTENTACION – Again
Chart Run: 3-*2*-4-6-8- / 5w

9 (8) P!nk – What About Us
Chart Run: *5*-10-16-21-24-25-28-Out-RE 8-9- / 9w

10 (7) Shania Twain – Poor Me *G*
Chart Run: 12-11-9-12-17-23-30-Out-RE 10-*7*-7-10- / 11w

11 (NEW) Guy Sebastian – Bloodstone
Chart Run: *11*- / 1w

12 (NEW) Taylor Swift – Gorgeous
Chart Run: *12*- / 1w

13 (24) Astrid S – Think Before I Talk
Chart Run: 35-31-24-*13*- / 4w

14 (11) Marina Kaye – Merci quand même
Chart Run: *6*-9-15-11-14- / 5w

15 (NEW) Liam Payne – Bedroom Floor
Chart Run: *15*- / 1w

16 (9) Demi Lovato – Tell Me You Love Me
Chart Run: 10-19-35-Out-RE 12-14-*9*-16- / 7w

17 (17) Kesha – Praying *P*
Chart Run: *1*-4-2-3-3-1-6-8-13-15-20-23-21-22-17-17- / 16w

18 (14) Charlie Puth – How Long
Chart Run: *13*-14-18- / 3w

19 (10) LP – No Witness
Chart Run: *3*-6-10-19- / 4w

20 (13) The Dark Element (Anette Olzon & Jani Liimatainen) – The Dark Element
Chart Run: *1*-4-10-12-14-19-13-20- / 8w

21 (29) Clean Bandit feat. Zara Larsson – Symphony *P*
Chart Run: *1*-1-1-1-5-10-22-37-Out-RE 18-16-11-12-11-12-16-23-26-31-32-29-21- / 21w

22 (RE) Marina Kaye – On My Own *G*
Chart Run: 8-*5*-6-5-8-10-8-11-15-23-27-32-Out-RE 22- / 13w

23 (18) Miley Cyrus – Malibu *G*
Chart Run: *2*-4-4-7-9-14-25-31-Out-RE 19-21-18-23- / 12w

24 (23) Zara Larsson – Only You *G*
Chart Run: *2*-5-4-3-7-13-18-25-26-23-24- / 11w

25 (22) Miley Cyrus – Younger Now
Chart Run: *3*-9-16-21-30-Out-RE 30-23-22-25- / 9w

26 (21) Sam Smith – Too Good At Goodbyes
Chart Run: *9*-18-40-15-18-21-26- / 7w

27 (16) Hailee Steinfeld & Alesso feat. Florida Georgia Line & watt – Let Me Go
Chart Run: 14-6-*4*-4-9-16-27- / 7w

28 (15) Arch Enemy – The Eagle Flies Alone
Chart Run: 38-Out-RE 31-*1*-2-5-8-15-28- / 8w

29 (12) Sunrise Avenue – I Help You Hate Me
Chart Run: *11*-13-20-30-Out-RE 20-12-29- / 7w

30 (RE) Niall Horan – Slow Hands
Chart Run: *15*-26-27-34-32-34-Out-RE 30- / 7w

31 (30) Loreen – Ocean Away
Chart Run: 6-4-*2*-5-11-16-27-30-31- / 9w

32 (RE) Niall Horan – Too Much To Ask
Chart Run: *14*-27-Out-RE 32- / 3w

33 (25) Rachel Platten – Broken Glass *G*
Chart Run: 8-*3*-7-5-9-8-13-17-25-33- / 10w

34 (RE) Tarja – An Empty Dream *G*
Chart Run: *1*-2-6-9-18-25-22-29-32-28-31-37-Out-RE 34- / 13w

35 (32) Eluveitie – Epona
Chart Run: *2*-6-4-5-10-17-24-31-Out-RE 37-32-35- / 11w

36 (27) Taylor Swift – Look What You Made Me Do
Chart Run: *1*-2-6-11-13-20-24-27-36- / 9w

37 (19) Evanescence – Imperfection
Chart Run: 7-*5*-6-10-19-37- / 6w

38 (26) Nick Jonas – Find You
Chart Run: 21-*7*-8-16-26-38- / 6w

39 (20) Loreen – ’71 Charger
Chart Run: *7*-12-20-39- / 4w

40 (NEW) Beatrice Egli – Herz an
Chart Run: *40*- / 1w

Out of Top40
Out (28) Linkin Park – One More Light (2w)
Out (31) Macklemore feat. Kesha – Good Old Days (4w)
Out (33) Eluveitie – Lvgvs *G* (12w)
Out (34) Shania Twain – Life’s About To Get Good (14w)
Out (35) Lorde – Homemade Dynamite (7w)
Out (36) Macklemore feat. Skylar Grey – Glorious (6w)
Out (37) Cardi B – Bodak Yellow (6w)
Out (38) Kygo feat. Justin Jesso – Stargazing (3w)
Out (39) Louis Tomlinson – Just Like You (1w)
Out (40) Loreen & Elliphant – Jungle (10w)

Album Top20
While Tarja already made a huge impression with her Christmas single on the Singles Top40, this week it finally happens that a Christmas album also makes a huge impression on the Album Top20. Violinist and YouTube sensation Lindsey Stirling has released her first Christmas album “Warmer In The Winter”, and despite having got a huge competition with another new release, she’s getting her fifth consecutive number one album, following the studio albums “Lindsey Stirling” (five weeks in 2013), “Shatter Me” (three weeks in 2014) & “Brave Enough” (six weeks in 2016/2017) and her live compilation “Live From London” (two weeks in 2015). It will definitely be a very interesting battle for this years Christmas number one spot, as Tarja will release her winter album next month as well.

With her debut album “Fearless” having spawned four Top10 hits, it was expected to see new music by French singer Marina Kaye being successful, and so she already scored three more Top10 hits this year, all being from her newly released second album “Explicit”. The album enters the charts at #2, one spot higher than the peak of “Fearless”, which showed some good legs and went Platinum. There’s a third and final new entry on the Album Top20 this week, and that’s “Flicker”, the solo debut album by former One Directioner Niall Horan. The set arrives at #5 as the highest peaking album by a One Directioner so far, as the solo debuts by Zayn and Harry Styles both debuted and peaked at #6. Only Liam Payne and Louis Tomlinson have yet to release their solo albums.

P!nk dips 2-3 with “Beautiful Trauma”, followed by Miley Cyrus and “Younger Now” (1-4). “Now” by Shania Twain (3-6), “Tell Me You Love Me” by Demi Lovato (4-7), “Heartbreak Century” by Sunrise Avenue (5-8) and “Evocation II: Pantheon” by Eluveitie (6-9) all fall down three spots, being back to back for another week. Meanwhile, due to early excitement for her upcoming show in Switzerland which will be held in a week, Zara Larsson’s “So Good” already rises back into the Top10 by increasing 17-10.

Lana Del Rey’s “Lust For Life” (10-12), Arch Enemy’s “Will To Power” (8-13), Lenka’s “Attune” (7-14) and Kygo’s “Stargazing” EP (9-17) are all leaving the upper half, while Halsey’s “hopeless fountain kingdom” is about to re-enter them (16-11). Due to the success of the new album, Lindsey Stirling’s “Brave Enough” is able to re-enter the charts at #15.
    ImageImage

1 (NEW) Lindsey Stirling – Warmer In The Winter
Chart Run: *1*- / 1w

2 (NEW) Marina Kaye – Explicit

3 (2) P!nk – Beautiful Trauma
Chart Run: *2*-3- / 2w

4 (1) Miley Cyrus – Younger Now
Chart Run: *1*-1-1-4- / 4w

5 (NEW) Niall Horan – Flicker
Chart Run: *5*- / 1w

6 (3) Shania Twain – Now
Chart Run: 3-*2*-3-6- / 4w

7 (4) Demi Lovato – Tell Me You Love Me
Chart Run: *2*-3-4-7- / 4w

8 (5) Sunrise Avenue – Heartbreak Century
Chart Run: *4*-5-8- / 3w

9 (6) Eluveitie – Evocation II: Pantheon *G*
Chart Run: *1*-1-1-3-5-8-10-7-6-9- / 10w

10 (17) Zara Larsson – So Good *P*
Chart Run: 2-*1*-1-1-1-4-6-6-9-13-13-12-13-14-11-12-12-12-13-11-8-5-6-8-8-6-7-10-17-20-17-10- / 32w

11 (16) Halsey – hopeless fountain kingdom *P*
Chart Run: *1*-1-2-1-1-1-1-2-2-3-4-3-5-7-8-9-11-16-18-16-11- / 21w

12 (10) Lana Del Rey – Lust For Life *G*
Chart Run: *1*-1-2-3-4-7-9-10-13-16-20-15-10-12- / 14w

13 (8) Arch Enemy – Will To Power *G*
Chart Run: 2-*1*-1-4-5-8-13- / 7w

14 (7) Lenka – Attune
Chart Run: *7*-14- / 2w

15 (RE) Lindsey Stirling – Brave Enough *3xP*
Chart Run: *1*-1-1-3-3-2-6-7-6-9-11-10-8-11-14-9-7-8-14-10-2-2-1-1-4-8-10-7-2-1-4-5-8-13-16-14-12-11-3-8-11-7-11-8-7-8-11-14-18-12-13-16-18-20-Out-RE 11-12-12-19-Out-RE 15- / 59w

16 (12) Tori Amos – Native Invader
Chart Run: *1*-2-4-9-10-12-16- / 7w

17 (9) Kygo – Stargazing EP
Chart Run: *5*-6-9-17- / 4w

18 (11) The Rasmus – Dark Matters
Chart Run: *8*-11-18- / 3w

19 (15) Kesha – Rainbow *G*
Chart Run: *1*-2-4-6-9-11-14-18-17-15-19- / 11w

20 (14) Loreen – Nude EP *G*
Chart Run: *2*-2-4-6-7-11-14-14-20- / 9w

Out of Top20
Out (13) Tarja – The Shadow Self *P* (31w)
Out (18) Robin Schulz – Uncovered (3w)
Out (12) Macklemore – Gemini (4w)
Out (20) Hurts – Desire (3w)

(sorry for eventual mistakes!)
Tansike
Legend

Postby Tansike » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:07 am

New certifications

no new certifications this week

(these certifications were already added to the charts above)

Click here for the Certification Database
Tansike
Legend

Postby heppolo » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:33 am

Tansike wrote:
heppolo wrote:
Which is why it was #1 8-) very glad you like it that much (or you dislike all others that much :oops: )
Tarja's song is great. I suppose it gets the platinum certification here.
Waffles are checked cookies
heppolo
Legend

Postby JakeP » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:52 pm

Hi Tansike :D

Ohh this is quite lovely. Gonna add this to my list of potential future hits for my chart. I can see this ensuring Marina is no longer a one hit wonder in my chart. :wink:

I gave this a listen last week and i found this particular version really eerie which i'm guessing was the intention. It's such a lovely hymn, i adore the melody so much. I did find the pace of the song dragged a little but that's due to me being more familiar with the song being played faster. It's nonetheless a very intriguing and interesting rendition.

Amazing. :D It's safe to say Rita is heading for her highest peak yet in my own chart this weekend as Anywhere is such a joy to listen to. I'd say this is the best single Rita has done yet which makes it all the more extraordinary as i've liked many of her previous songs but never loved them in the way i've fallen in love with this song since its release. <3

12 (NEW) Taylor Swift – Gorgeous

Am i the only who is starting to think the whole Reputation era has fallen to pieces after such a promising start? They released this, and now they're releasing the music video for ...ready for it? which makes no sense to me. :lol: I think they would've been better releasing ...ready for it? tomorrow along with the music video. Being a brand new single with another visually striking music video, it could've helped Taylor get that second worldwide #1. :o I think Gorgeous has sort of ruined the flow as its definitely the weakest of the three songs so far but i'm somewhat baffled at why they've wasted the opportunity to help ...ready for it? be a bonafide chart hit and left this as an album track. :-?

Ohh nice. :D I'm really impressed that Astrid S has been able to fight her way through all the competition and continue climbing each week.

Poor Liam. :lol: Each time i've listened to this, i've either heard Jason Derulo, Adam Levine or Ryan Tedder. I'm gobsmacked at the lack of identity in Liam's vocals. I mean even Louis Tomlinson's vocals are more distinctive when i hear him sing, and it's not like he's the greatest singer either. When you consider how Liam was pushed so much as the main vocalist in One Direction, i've been shocked by the substandard quality of his solo material. That said, i shamelessly enjoy this, but it will never be more than just a flash in the pan top 20 at best in my chart. :P

Aww, my 'ickle cutie pie! :P <3 I bought Flicker and i have to say on the whole its a really good album. Yes, i don't love every single song and i've struggled to enjoy Fire away because it's just so damn boring :oops: but i adore the Maran Morris track, the title track Flicker and Mirrors the most. I'd be so happy if one of these are chosen as the next single, and after reading Niall and Maran are gonna be performing at the Country music awards i'd be absolutely thrilled if Seeing blind is the fourth single.
JakeP
Manager

Postby Mainshow » Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:30 pm

Nice debut for The Dark Elements' latest track. I still haven't heard it yet but I trust your fabulous taste in music.
Tarja should have stayed on top, though. Her track is epic and so freaking beautiful. It's a true masterpiece of her career and I am so glad to have finally found my love for her back! - "Oh Tannenbaum" is amazing as well. I didn't expect it to sounds that magical and eerie (and not over-the-top cheesy).

Guy Sebastian's latest singles are really great and I am a bit annoyed that I missed all of their releases. It's great to see him getting a good debut on your chart.

"Gorgeous", on the other hand, is a half-baked idea of something which could have been truly amazing but oh well, I hope that the rest of her album will sound entirely different. - Liam's "Beedroom Floor" is way too high :D But I love the re-entries by Niall <3
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Postby phoenix98 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:00 pm

Tansike wrote:I still remember that I took Chikorita, and in 90% cases of doing Silver (or even SoulSilver) I always took it so… though what I didn’t mention so far, it took me like over 30 minutes until I got the starter this time around as I wanted a female Chikorita and started over and over again until I got one :oops: It’s just one of those Pokémon which doesn’t make sense at all as male, at least to me.
Wow, this team sounds incredible! I always liked Donphan back then but somehow it never ended up in my Team. Also always wanted to try out Scizor though I never had someone to let it evolve :cry:
True to the moves. But just like Mareep, Ledian can at least learn one of the Punch TMs from Goldenrod City which is helping a lot.

Speaking about Mareep, since Rattata evolved in the meantime, I switched it up with Mareep, which already evolved as well. I just arrived in Olivine City and am battling in the Glitter Lighthouse right now.

Wow, congrats on becoming the new Champ! :D Wow at none of your Pokémon having died in the whole Elite Four :o That’s very impressive! Good luck for the Kanto Gym Leaders :wink:

:lol: I just leave it open in the room… :) (i hope one says that in english too, haha)
Well I made a few pics but as I said there was nothing post-worthy. Plus my body is nothing special, so there would have been nothing really outstanding to look at :wink:
Chikorita's such a cutie <3 The Johto starter trio is probably one of my all-time favorites. I'd say Cyndaquil/Feurigel is my top pick of that bunch, but I really do love all three nearly equally (especially in their first stages. Croconaw/Tyracroc and Feraligatr/Impergator get a TAD ugly, though) :lol: Not sure if you were ever into the anime, but I wonder if your preference has anything to do with the fact that Ash's Bayleef/Lorblatt is female. I get that they really wanted to encourage players to connect with each other, but it was definitely a pain that so many of the new Gen II evolutions for older Pokémon required you to trade (especially back when that meant you had to do all the in-person link-cable shenanigans) :x I didn't realize Ledian could learn "Ice Punch" AND "Thunderpunch" :o I guess it does have four "arms." That's certainly helpful!

RIP Rattata, but I'm glad you've fully embraced Mareep now :D It sounds like you've picked up the pace lately! Hopefully that means you're enjoying this playthrough even more now.

Thanks :D I just beat Erika, and I think I'm going to change up my team for the first time in a while and replace Charade the Sudowoodo/Mogelbaum with a Slugma/Schneckmag I caught on Route 16 (I still need to pick a name for him. I spend WAY too long over-thinking nicknames) :lol: I've never used a Schneckmag in any playthrough before, and I haven't had a Fire-type on my team during this whole journey.

Nothing special? Nothing really outsanding? SURELY you should let UKMIX/the Internet be the judge of that... ;)

Tansike wrote:Maybe I should re-listen to it one day. I usually have some time around Christmas to listen to ‘forgotten’ albums or albums I always wanted to check out, so this may be a good thing to do then. But yeah, sometimes it just happen that one forgets some songs or even albums, but that doesn’t mean their weak or not good. Though one doesn’t forget really good one, no?
Hmmm...it's an interesting question...but I think if it's been long enough, and given the sheer quantity of albums that you check out, it's possible. No pressure, but it does make me curious if your opinion of Blown Away would be different now after such a long gap. Actually, now that I think about it, I can't believe it's already been over 5 years since that album dropped! :o

Tansike wrote:Very unlikely. The boost through “Waves” must be huge, and if something old gets a boost, then it would be “Wildfire” on the album charts. Old(er) singles usually don’t get a boost through new albums, only through concerts. Also, next week will be a busy one on the singles charts with new releases by Eluveitie, Lindsey Stirling, Selena Gomez and Tarja (all have scored #1s in 2017), plus other album releases could bring some songs to the singles charts as well, such as Kelly Clarkson and two artists from Switzerland…
Damn :( I guess I should know that by now...

**Fingers crossed for Rachel touring Switzerland in 2018**

Tansike wrote:I’m very happy to hear you enjoy “Something”. It’s such a beautiful track, and Marina has a fantastic run on my charts so far, having scored seven entries and all of them made the Top10, with four of them being certified. Were you already familiar with her, or is “Something” the first song you heard?
Anyways, yes, I am in love right now, however there are still parts of the song I can relate too. It’s actually shocking how one line perfectly fits to me lately, but that’s all I can say now… :oops: :wink:
Her name doesn't ring a bell, and after checking her Wikipedia page it looks like she hasn't scored any hits on the official charts that I follow, so I'm pretty sure this is the first thing I've ever heard from her. It's the first song of hers I've ever downloaded, anyway :lol: Do you mean the "I'm drinking until I'm drunk" line...? ;)

Tansike wrote:I think I once mentioned on your charts that I didn’t check out the other songs prior the album release, which is why none of the promo singles entered my charts. Now I also feel like it’s too late to let them onto my charts… sometimes it’s really weird when it comes to promo singles. Sometimes they are clear entries, sometimes they never make it… this time it’s the latter. So yes, it’s often that they really need to impress me to enter the Singles Top40. As for “Revenge”, it’s one of the weaker songs on “Beautiful Trauma” for me. I hope they pick a different second single – “Where We Go” would be my most favorite pick, as it’s already in my personal P!nk Top3.
Top 3 from Beautiful Trauma...or Top 3 from her entire career? :o

Tansike wrote:Miley’s album is such a nice surprise! The singles (especially “Malibu”) grew on me so much again, plus I love “I Would Die For You”, “Thinkin’”, “Bad Mood” and “Love Someone”, while I also think “Week Without You”, “Miss You So Much” and “She’s Not Him” are also very strong. So it’s definitely one of the better mainstream releases of 2017 for me :o
I'm glad that Younger Now turned out to be such a pleasant surprsie for you, since you weren't feeling so optimistic about it based on the first two singles, right? I wish I felt the same way :cry: Now with Kelly's album on my mind (and Maroon 5's and Taylor's arriving in the very near future), it's pretty much already forgotten...

Tansike wrote:1 (2) Marina Kaye – Something
4 (3) The Dark Element (Anette Olzon & Jani Liimatainen) – My Sweet Mystery
6 (5) Ed Sheeran – Perfect
7 (4) Rachel Platten – Perfect For You
9 (8) P!nk – What About Us
16 (9) Demi Lovato – Tell Me You Love Me
17 (17) Kesha – Praying *P*
18 (14) Charlie Puth – How Long
19 (10) LP – No Witness
21 (29) Clean Bandit feat. Zara Larsson – Symphony *P*
23 (18) Miley Cyrus – Malibu *G*
24 (23) Zara Larsson – Only You *G*
25 (22) Miley Cyrus – Younger Now
26 (21) Sam Smith – Too Good At Goodbyes
27 (16) Hailee Steinfeld & Alesso feat. Florida Georgia Line & watt – Let Me Go
33 (25) Rachel Platten – Broken Glass *G*
36 (27) Taylor Swift – Look What You Made Me Do
38 (26) Nick Jonas – Find You
• Like I was saying above, I've added "Something" to my iTunes, so you can expect to see it on my next chart :D Thanks again for introducing me to it!
• Lovin' that Top 5 debut for "Anywhere." I'd seen some comparisons to "It Ain't Me", and while I can hear the connection, this track does MUCH more for me. That desire to just escape from it all sometimes (with a special someone) is so relatable, and Rita's vocal performance really brings that sentiment right to the surface.
• "Bedroom Floor" has totally hooked me too. People seem pretty quick/eager to tear this one to shreds, but idk...sometimes popstars just want to make catchy, radio-ready pop, and I think this is a really enjoyable example of that. Time will tell if BF will ultimately out-shine "Get Low" for me, but it's definitely off to a strong start.
• Nice to see some Flicker effect. Have you checked out all of the 1D members' albums so far? How do they compare for you? I haven't heard any of them in full, but based on the singles, Niall's is the most tempting.
• Poor "Look What You Made Me Do" falling as fast as it is on most official charts... :cry:

Yet another chart that's really something, Tansike! :D
phoenix98
Legend

Postby Tansike » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:24 am

heppolo wrote:Tarja's song is great. I suppose it gets the platinum certification here.
Not sure about that. Gold should be safe, but since it's a Christmas single, it will most likely fall out very fast once the Christmas season is over.

JakeP wrote:Hi Tansike :D

Ohh this is quite lovely. Gonna add this to my list of potential future hits for my chart. I can see this ensuring Marina is no longer a one hit wonder in my chart. :wink:
Hey Jake :D

Amazing news! I think “Something” is really beautiful. It’s interesting how her two ballads got me the most, as “Sounds Like Heaven” from her debut album also topped my charts. “Homeless” is amazing too but it didn’t age as well as I was hoping for to be honest.

JakeP wrote:3 (1) Tarja – O Come, O Come, Emmanuel

I gave this a listen last week and i found this particular version really eerie which i'm guessing was the intention. It's such a lovely hymn, i adore the melody so much. I did find the pace of the song dragged a little but that's due to me being more familiar with the song being played faster. It's nonetheless a very intriguing and interesting rendition.
Thanks for checking out, and very happy to hear you also liked it. It’s a fantastic version IMO and I’m really looking forward to Tarja’s upcoming Christmas album :)

JakeP wrote:5 (NEW) Rita Ora – Anywhere

Amazing. :D It's safe to say Rita is heading for her highest peak yet in my own chart this weekend as Anywhere is such a joy to listen to. I'd say this is the best single Rita has done yet which makes it all the more extraordinary as i've liked many of her previous songs but never loved them in the way i've fallen in love with this song since its release. <3
I love that song and it’s so nice to see like everyone loving it too! “Anywhere” is already her highest peaking hit on my charts when it comes to her own songs (only “Black Widow” peaked higher but that’s a feature). I’m not yet sure if this beats “I Will Never Let You Down” in the long run as her best song for me but the chances are big, I always enjoy listening to this song so much. A shame the competition on my charts is quite big right now, otherwise this could have been a #1 hit…

JakeP wrote:12 (NEW) Taylor Swift – Gorgeous

Am i the only who is starting to think the whole Reputation era has fallen to pieces after such a promising start? They released this, and now they're releasing the music video for ...ready for it? which makes no sense to me. :lol: I think they would've been better releasing ...ready for it? tomorrow along with the music video. Being a brand new single with another visually striking music video, it could've helped Taylor get that second worldwide #1. :o I think Gorgeous has sort of ruined the flow as its definitely the weakest of the three songs so far but i'm somewhat baffled at why they've wasted the opportunity to help ...ready for it? be a bonafide chart hit and left this as an album track. :-?
No, you’re not, as I think similar. It was weird to get “…Ready For It?” so early anyway, a week after LWYMMD was just WAY too early, and then wait so long to release a video, and they are releasing it shortly after releasing another song? Doesn’t make sense at all, and it’s weird, as Taylor’s team always knew how to handle their eras. Maybe there’s a big plan behind everything and we will find out soon why this era seems so messy?

JakeP wrote:13 (24) Astrid S – Think Before I Talk

Ohh nice. :D I'm really impressed that Astrid S has been able to fight her way through all the competition and continue climbing each week.
The song got stuck in my head last week, though I think #13 may be its peak now. But that’s definitely a promising start (and already a better peak than what Zara Larsson got with her very first notation, so there’s that) :)

JakeP wrote:15 (NEW) Liam Payne – Bedroom Floor

Poor Liam. :lol: Each time i've listened to this, i've either heard Jason Derulo, Adam Levine or Ryan Tedder. I'm gobsmacked at the lack of identity in Liam's vocals. I mean even Louis Tomlinson's vocals are more distinctive when i hear him sing, and it's not like he's the greatest singer either. When you consider how Liam was pushed so much as the main vocalist in One Direction, i've been shocked by the substandard quality of his solo material. That said, i shamelessly enjoy this, but it will never be more than just a flash in the pan top 20 at best in my chart. :P
:lol: His songs really have no identity, but his stuff is still quite enjoyable, so we have the same thoughts about him/his songs. I do think that his album may sell much less than what the albums by Zayn, Harry and Niall did though, as he comes across as a single artist for now…

JakeP wrote:30 (RE) Niall Horan – Slow Hands

Aww, my 'ickle cutie pie! :P <3 I bought Flicker and i have to say on the whole its a really good album. Yes, i don't love every single song and i've struggled to enjoy Fire away because it's just so damn boring :oops: but i adore the Maran Morris track, the title track Flicker and Mirrors the most. I'd be so happy if one of these are chosen as the next single, and after reading Niall and Maran are gonna be performing at the Country music awards i'd be absolutely thrilled if Seeing blind is the fourth single.
:D VERY happy to hear this about Maren Morris, as it’s my favorite song on “Flicker” so far. Overall the album is quite good, could end up as my favorite former 1D album, but to be fair I never was a huge fan of Harry’s and Zayn’s album. Glad you enjoy his work overall, so he didn’t disappoint you and he keeps on being your favorite 1D member :)
Tansike
Legend

Postby Tansike » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:27 am

Mainshow wrote:Nice debut for The Dark Elements' latest track. I still haven't heard it yet but I trust your fabulous taste in music.
Tarja should have stayed on top, though. Her track is epic and so freaking beautiful. It's a true masterpiece of her career and I am so glad to have finally found my love for her back! - "Oh Tannenbaum" is amazing as well. I didn't expect it to sounds that magical and eerie (and not over-the-top cheesy).

Guy Sebastian's latest singles are really great and I am a bit annoyed that I missed all of their releases. It's great to see him getting a good debut on your chart.

"Gorgeous", on the other hand, is a half-baked idea of something which could have been truly amazing but oh well, I hope that the rest of her album will sound entirely different. - Liam's "Beedroom Floor" is way too high :D But I love the re-entries by Niall <3
I'm pretty sure you will like "Dead To Me" a lot. It's rockier than "My Sweet Mystery" and "Here's To You", even more than "The Dark Element" IMO. Definitely four great songs in a row now and i'm so freaking excited for the album! :D
Glad you found your love for her back <3 "O Tannenbaum" didn't get me that much yet but will have a good debut this week anyway. But it's definitely another great release, and i'm looking forward to her album too.

I don't even remember how i discovered it but it was more like a coincidence. I had no idea Guy would release a new album, and even so soon, so i'm glad i found it out so i can check it out... this new song is really cool. He seems so underrated and i'm glad you like him/his stuff :)

I agree... and it will fall a lot on my charts this week :oops: I think Liam's song is nice but the competition right now is so strong so he'll also drop a lot... glad you love Niall's re-entries :)

phoenix98 wrote:Chikorita's such a cutie <3 The Johto starter trio is probably one of my all-time favorites. I'd say Cyndaquil/Feurigel is my top pick of that bunch, but I really do love all three nearly equally (especially in their first stages. Croconaw/Tyracroc and Feraligatr/Impergator get a TAD ugly, though) :lol: Not sure if you were ever into the anime, but I wonder if your preference has anything to do with the fact that Ash's Bayleef/Lorblatt is female. I get that they really wanted to encourage players to connect with each other, but it was definitely a pain that so many of the new Gen II evolutions for older Pokémon required you to trade (especially back when that meant you had to do all the in-person link-cable shenanigans) :x I didn't realize Ledian could learn "Ice Punch" AND "Thunderpunch" :o I guess it does have four "arms." That's certainly helpful!

RIP Rattata, but I'm glad you've fully embraced Mareep now :D It sounds like you've picked up the pace lately! Hopefully that means you're enjoying this playthrough even more now.

Thanks :D I just beat Erika, and I think I'm going to change up my team for the first time in a while and replace Charade the Sudowoodo/Mogelbaum with a Slugma/Schneckmag I caught on Route 16 (I still need to pick a name for him. I spend WAY too long over-thinking nicknames) :lol: I've never used a Schneckmag in any playthrough before, and I haven't had a Fire-type on my team during this whole journey.

Nothing special? Nothing really outsanding? SURELY you should let UKMIX/the Internet be the judge of that... ;)
It definitely is <3 Oh, they ARE my favorite starters to be honest. It’s just like a perfect trio and it’s always hard to choose one of them, while in other generations it’s often quite easy to pick one for me. I loved watching the Pokémon Anime years ago, though picking a female Chikorita had nothing to do with Ash’s one. It just doesn’t make sense as a male to me as it looks 100% female, doesn’t it? Ah yeah that was always annoying, which is also why I never used the ones which had to be traded to evolve as part of my Teams… Yes, Ledian has many arms, and Comet Punch is a punch-move as well and I always saw this as his typical move… plus it’s able to get Mach Punch as well in later generations.

Mareep is SO much better than Rattata :lol: Anyways, I didn’t play since last week, so I’m not much further… :oops:

Congrats! Oh, Slugma sounds interesting. I had it in my Team for one playthrough many years ago, don’t even remember in which game exactly, I think it was in Ruby, and it was really cool. Magcargo has some really cool moves!

:lol:

phoenix98 wrote:Hmmm...it's an interesting question...but I think if it's been long enough, and given the sheer quantity of albums that you check out, it's possible. No pressure, but it does make me curious if your opinion of Blown Away would be different now after such a long gap. Actually, now that I think about it, I can't believe it's already been over 5 years since that album dropped! :o
Oh wow, five years already? :o I still remember that so well… 2012/2013 were great years in music IMO. I’m very interested in my thoughts about the album now by myself. I’ll take a listen soon. I still remember that I really enjoyed it back then so it’s kinda weird I forgot most of it.

phoenix98 wrote:Damn :( I guess I should know that by now...

**Fingers crossed for Rachel touring Switzerland in 2018**
Ohhhh I would LOVE that but I think it will never happen :cry:

phoenix98 wrote:Her name doesn't ring a bell, and after checking her Wikipedia page it looks like she hasn't scored any hits on the official charts that I follow, so I'm pretty sure this is the first thing I've ever heard from her. It's the first song of hers I've ever downloaded, anyway :lol: Do you mean the "I'm drinking until I'm drunk" line...? ;)
Ah makes sense. She only got hits in the French speaking countries so far, as she’s from France. “Homeless” is her most popular song to date and also got some recognition outside of France etc.
As I said, the thing I wrote a week ago was already all I could say to it, as it’s actually more a ‘negative’ thing… :wink:

phoenix98 wrote:Top 3 from Beautiful Trauma...or Top 3 from her entire career? :o
Entire career :wink:

phoenix98 wrote:I'm glad that Younger Now turned out to be such a pleasant surprsie for you, since you weren't feeling so optimistic about it based on the first two singles, right? I wish I felt the same way :cry: Now with Kelly's album on my mind (and Maroon 5's and Taylor's arriving in the very near future), it's pretty much already forgotten...
Yes… I was worried about the album but she really got me with it. It’s really sad that she already gave up on the project on her own and she said there will be no more singles, which is very sad. It’s also sad to see the album flopping so much, it already left the Top100 of the Billboard Top200 in its fourth week, what a disaster!
Aww :( That’s sad. Oh, I already forgot Maroon 5 will release something new as well… the next two months will be so busy when it comes to new releases :o

phoenix98 wrote:• Like I was saying above, I've added "Something" to my iTunes, so you can expect to see it on my next chart :D Thanks again for introducing me to it!
• Lovin' that Top 5 debut for "Anywhere." I'd seen some comparisons to "It Ain't Me", and while I can hear the connection, this track does MUCH more for me. That desire to just escape from it all sometimes (with a special someone) is so relatable, and Rita's vocal performance really brings that sentiment right to the surface.
• "Bedroom Floor" has totally hooked me too. People seem pretty quick/eager to tear this one to shreds, but idk...sometimes popstars just want to make catchy, radio-ready pop, and I think this is a really enjoyable example of that. Time will tell if BF will ultimately out-shine "Get Low" for me, but it's definitely off to a strong start.
• Nice to see some Flicker effect. Have you checked out all of the 1D members' albums so far? How do they compare for you? I haven't heard any of them in full, but based on the singles, Niall's is the most tempting.
• Poor "Look What You Made Me Do" falling as fast as it is on most official charts... :cry:

Yet another chart that's really something, Tansike! :D
Fantastic news, and I’m happy you like it that much! :D

I agree. “It Ain’t Me” was cute at first but I got over it rather quickly, while I can see “Anywhere” sticking around for much longer. It’s definitely already my second favorite song by her, behind “I Will Never Let You Down”, and there’s a chance it may become THE favorite song. She’s having a great 2017, who would have thought? :o

It’s surprising how many negative reviews Liam is getting for his solo stuff so far as I enjoyed everything he released so far. Okay, there’s nothing groundbreaking or impressive or so, but everything was nice to listen to and far away from being weak or bad IMO. “Get Low” remains by far my favorite release by him so far though, as it’s also the most successful song by one of the One Directioners so far :)

Yes I did, but none of them really impressed me so far. Zayn’s chartrun for “Mind Of Mine” was 6-8-13-Out while Harry’s self-titled album did 6-9-15-20-Out, so both are far away from being hits. Niall is definitely the most promising one and his singles are my favorite ones while the album also has some nice songs, especially the collaboration with Maren Morris. Unfortunately, he released during a very busy time, and I can already reveal that he will leave the Top10 this week, but hopefully he will stay on the charts for some more weeks… as it would be undeserved to see him doing worse than Harry and Zayn when I like “Flicker” the most of these three…

Oh true, I didn’t even think about that yet, but its drop on the US Hot 100 this week is really shocking (10-25). The album release effect should revive it though.

Tansike
Legend

Return to Personal Charts