My Charts - week 28 - Bebe and Years & Years smashing

Moderators: JSparksFan, tdc2000, FreakyFlyBry

Postby Tansike » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:45 am

Hey Paul – first, let me thank you so much for keep on coming by & taking the time to reply every week. It happens that I always look forward to your comment every week and starting from this week on I will catch up with things again, so I’ll follow your charts closer again (well, I already followed it, but never left a comment, but this will change now) :oops:
Also, I LOVE (!!!) your new avatar so much! :o

phoenix98 wrote:**Hug** No one could blame you for that :lol: It's annoying enough to not be able to use it for free/fun-time, but Internet access is basically essential for so many parts of life today: getting work (or school) stuff done, staying in touch with friends/family, etc. Losing it cuts you off from a LOT, so I'm glad that you're officially back in the 21st century now! ;)

Aw, did all those penguin dolls face the same fate as your Yu-Gi-Oh collection and DigiPoké Team drawings? Ha, I can probably guess what ends up happening instead of Yellow whenever you go to your partner's place ;) ;) ;) I'll try not to nag you by asking every week, but let me know if/when you start playing Yellow again! You were getting pretty close to the end (or at least past the halfway point...)

Yeah, I'm definitely excited to explore a much better-looking Kanto, and see what tweaks they made to the region (and story) for Let's Go. From what's been revealed so far, the new rival's quite different from Blue/Gary back in the day, so I wonder if/how other characters might change too. I re-played that first Let's Go trailer a ton of times, constantly pausing it to catch as much as possible :lol: There was some gameplay footage shown at E3 last week too (mostly Viridian Forest/Vertania Wald and a little of Pewter/Marmoria City).
Thank you! :lol: :oops: True. It’s also important to pay the bills these days (through electronic banking), but I just did that at work! :lol:

No, I still have them… but I don’t know for how long, cause they’re just taking space away to be honest, and my memories to them aren’t as important as the ones to my comics or card collection. So I definitely made a wrong decision in what I kept and what I gave away. Haha, I didn’t even mean that, it’s just that we do some other stuff, watch a movie together or whatever, instead of me playing Pokémon. Sometimes he’s playing a game and I simply watch him play that game instead of playing one by myself. Aw, well, I’m okay with you asking this every week, unfortunately it’s still the same as of now. I already was sooo near to play again yesterday. Hopefully today. Somehow I miss it, but somehow it’s still not as important as some other stuff to me at the moment. Also, I have to admit that I’ve started to get interested in playing one of the newer ones again instead of Yellow… so let’s see how I’ll decide in the end.

Sounds interesting! Since they released Red/Blue on the Virtual Console not too long ago, it makes sense for them do change some stuff from the original series. Have you spotted something else worth a mention by watching that trailer several times?

phoenix98 wrote:**Fingers crossed** for sure! Art Angels was one of my favorite albums/most-pleasant-surprises of the past few years, so it'd be a HUGE bummer if her next album does nothing for me. :x :lol:

Speaking of Expectations, it looks like you're been enjoying "I'm A Mess"?
Same!

Yes, I enjoy it a lot and I’m really looking forward to hear the full thing on Friday <3

phoenix98 wrote:I noticed on its Wikipedia page that Shawn Mendes seemed to go over pretty well with critics (especially for a mainstream pop album from a 19-year-old who got famous on Vine)...but I wasn't really feeling the album after my first listen all the way through :oops: I'll still give it another try or two, and I'm not TOO shocked that it wasn't love-at-first-listen, after the singles/preview tracks didn't really click with me. Since it's such a slow album, I might need to be in a certain mood/state of mind to want to hear it (kind of like Miley's Younger Now, which I think you also loved a lot more than I did overall).
After I read that I just checked it by myself and woah, I didn’t expect this album to be that well received by critics – but I’m loving it! Definitely a case of a ‘teenage’ star delivering something really good and for everyone, not just young girls. Anyways, it’s nice to hear you checked the album out now, but kinda sad that it left you pretty cold, so I really hope some tracks will grow on you. It’s interesting how you say it’s a slow album, as it didn’t make such an impression on me. “Nervous”, “Particular Taste”, “Queen” and “Mutual” are all more uptempo and belong to my faves, but also some slower songs like “Like To Be You” or “Fallin’ All In You” are really good. Will be interesting to see how things turn out after a few more spins :)
Side note: He became famous through Vine? I had no idea! :o

phoenix98 wrote: :lol: NoOoOo, of course not! <3

I'd just love to see a little more synchronicity between us sometimes, but I'd never want our charts to be completely identical. Then there wouldn't be any new discoveries, or interesting debates/disagreements (like your inability to properly appreciate "Alone" :cry: :cry: :cry: though it looks like the GP is with you on that one. RIP).
:lol: I was just kidding, don’t worry! :P

I get what you mean and fully agree on that. It’s nice to have some similarities, but it’s also nice to have some stuff to discover. As for “Alone”, yes, sadly, but…. the “Strangers” video drops tomorrow!! :o :cry:

phoenix98 wrote:Ah, so you've only gotten a chance to see Tarja once? Granted, that's still more than I've seen a lot of my faves in concert :lol: but you seem to go to shows pretty often. Does she not tour Switzerland much?
Yes. You know, I only started attending concerts in 2012 and didn’t visit many back then (two in 2012, one in 2013, three in 2014), and I saw Tarja live in December 2015 on a Christmas tour. Her last proper rock album came out in 2016 and unfortunately I didn’t go to her concert back then. The thing is, until last Autumn, I never attended a concert where you couldn’t get seating tickets, as I used to have a chronic iron deficiency, so I never wanted to try it out as I was afraid I wouldn’t be able to stand there between all the people for so long, and would need to sit down which wouldn’t be possible if you’re in the middle of a crowd, and Tarja isn’t big enough to visit venues with seating places. So I ‘skipped’ her, except the Christmas concert, as that one was only seated and the venue was a theater (for obvious reasons, I think). But now I know that standing for two hours or so is actually possible, and she’ll release a new rock album in 2019, so I will most likely go and see her on her next tour, as she usually always visits Switzerland on her tour (it’s still one of her most successful countries besides Germany, Finland and part of South America).

phoenix98 wrote: :o Woah! I don't think I'll be sharing your enthusiasm anytime soon :oops: I re-visited Pop 2 last week, and "Backseat," "Unlock It," "Track 10," and "Out Of My Head" still sound SO much better to me :oops: Well, pretty much all of Pop 2 does :oops: :oops: But I'm still glad to see anything by her doing well on your chart!
Aw :oops: Okay, now that I finally enjoy a Charli song so much, maybe it’s time for me to re-visit “Pop 2” as well? Maybe I’ll take a listen later today to see what I think about it these days…

phoenix98 wrote:Yeah, it's hard to say exactly why, but it really does feel like Hailee was the perfect pick to feature on that track. Maybe she helped write it?
Strangely I found nothing about writing credits for “Colour”. But yeah, it may be the case that Hailee was a co-writer as well. Even though she hasn’t even released a full-length album and just a handful of singles, she still already found her own style, which is cool.

phoenix98 wrote:Yeah...well, not on the same level as "What Lovers Do," which had me pretty obsessed...but "Girls Like You" has always been among the better half of Red Pill Blues for me. It was one of the highest-debuting songs from that album on my first chart after it came out (only below "Wait" and "Who I Am").
Ah right. So it must be quite cool to get this song as a single now. I think they also promoted “Wait” in the US, but it got overlooked everywhere else, right? So the single choices are actually good for you :)

phoenix98 wrote: " :oops: " is right for that chart run! :evil: :wink:
Well to be honest with you, SMFF turned out to be a lowlight of the album for me. On first listen I enjoyed it, but I realized how basic and generic it actually is after more spins :oops:

phoenix98 wrote:• Looks like Lindsey's really getting her "featuring" on lately! I guess she's doing a co-headlining tour with Evanescence? Are they coming anywhere near you? Not too surprisingly, the Evanescence collabo is my favorite of these two, since it has (gorgeous) vocals, and I really loved some of Evanescence's earlier singles.
• How was Demi's concert? It hurts my heart a little to see that "Give Your Heart A Break" 'only' peaked at No. 9 (and spent a single week inside your Top 10) :( That was definitely her "breakthrough" hit with me, and is still her most-Scrobbled song in my library (by far).
• Although "Bitches" has never been one of my favorites from Blue Lips, and this new version doesn't really change that, it's pretty wild/awesome that it got another single after all this time, since "Disco Tits" came out waaayyy back in September :o I wonder if that's a record for the longest gap between a lead and follow-up single... :lol:

Yet another chart that has way more "highs" than "lows," Tansike! :D
Haha, true! It’s funny how the video for “Hi-Lo” came out in the same week as another song which featured her. Yes, she’s doing a co-headlining tour with Evanescence, but unfortunately it’s just for the US so far. Evanescence already toured Europe earlier this year and announced this co-headlining tour shortly before I saw them. Seeing both of them live together would be brilliant, so fingers crossed they’re expanding the tour with European dates as well.

Demi’s concert was much better than expected! She slayed vocally, and her performances were so much better as well. I didn’t know she’s such a good performer! Also, the staging was cool, the setlist was good as well – I only missed “Stone Cold”, “Skyscraper”, “Really Don’t Care” and “Kingdom Come” but understand why she didn’t perform them. As for GYHAB… its chart performance looks worse than it is. In fact, with the upcoming charts from Thursday already included (it’s already pretty much done as I’ll be busy tomorrow), it’s tied with another song as her fourth most successful song on my charts! :wink: Being in the Top20 for so long with just a #9 peak is actually quite a rare feat.

Wait – there never was another single of “Blue Lips”? :o Okay, that’s really interesting!

Thank you so much :wink: :D
Tansike
Legend

Postby heppolo » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:53 am

14 (7) Elina Nechayeva – La forza *G*
Chart Run: 3-*1*-1-3-6-7-14- / 7w

The only Eurovision-related certification this year. Estonia once again.
Waffles are checked cookies
heppolo
Legend

Postby Tansike » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:37 am

heppolo wrote:14 (7) Elina Nechayeva – La forza *G*

Unfortunately no, Finland got one as well. „Monsters“ even went Platinum :oops: But Estonia could make it as well in the long run :)
Tansike
Legend

Postby heppolo » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:26 pm

Tansike wrote:
heppolo wrote:14 (7) Elina Nechayeva – La forza *G*

Unfortunately no, Finland got one as well. „Monsters“ even went Platinum :oops: But Estonia could make it as well in the long run :)
ooh, Saara Aalto being forgotten (once again) :D
heppolo
Legend

Postby Tansike » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:14 pm

^ Hahaha, this actually made me laugh out loud now! :lol: Poor Saara :oops:

Anyways, i have to admit the ESC effect itself had a quite moderate effect on "Monsters" and it mostly got all the success prior the success, while "La forza" only debuted on my charts during the contest, so going Gold that way is quite impressive and i think she should stay on my charts for some more weeks :)
Tansike
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:52 am

Evanescence + Lindsey Stirling? Why do I have a feeling this song will be #1 for the rest of the year? :lol: I just checked it out, though, and it's not bad. I'm not too impressed by it on the first spin, but it might be a grower.

There are three Demi Lovato songs that stand apart from the rest for me, and I'm glad to see them all here: "Heart Attack", "Give Your Heart a Break", and "Cool for the Summer". All deserved to be chart-toppers.

1 (NEW) Evanescence feat. Lindsey Stirling – Hi-Lo
3 (2) Clean Bandit feat. Demi Lovato – Solo
6 (RE) Demi Lovato – Tell Me You Love Me
7 (3) Shawn Mendes feat. Khalid – Youth
9 (4) Ariana Grande – No Tears Left To Cry *G*
11 (RE) Demi Lovato – Heart Attack *P*
12 (RE) Demi Lovato – Cool For The Summer
13 (9) Cardi B, Bad Bunny & J Balvin – I Like It
15 (8) Eleni Foureira – Fuego
18 (RE) Demi Lovato – Give Your Heart A Break
21 (RE) Demi Lovato – Confident
23 (18) Kylie Minogue – Golden
24 (15) Mikolas Josef – Lie To Me
26 (17) Maroon 5 feat. Cardi B – Girls Like You
27 (16) Shawn Mendes – Lost In Japan
28 (RE) Luis Fonsi feat. Demi Lovato – Échame La Culpa
32 (28) Benjamin Ingrosso – Dance You Off
33 (RE) Demi Lovato – Sorry Not Sorry
34 (23) Céline Dion – Ashes
36 (RE) Christina Aguilera feat. Demi Lovato – Fall In Line
38 (29) Charlie Puth feat. Khelani – Done For Me
39 (22) Passenger – Hell Or High Water
40 (33) Waylon – Outlaw In ‘Em

Tansike wrote:I didn't mind "Lost In Japan" before the album came out, so that one was a big grower for me during the album release week. Glad to hear "Youth" is a keeper for you as it's definitely the highlight of "Shawn Mendes", though i have to say i'm absolutely positively surprised by the whole album. Did you already check out his previous releases? I think this new one is his best by far :oops:
I listened to Illuminate, and this new album is definitely better, but that doesn't say much because Illuminate was extremely meh.
And the category is: LIVE. WORK. POSE!
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby Tansike » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:45 am

^ You know, the Evanescence + Lindsey collaboration is actually already out for over a half year, as it's a song from Evanescence' latest album "Synthesis". Lindsey just wasn't credited on the album, but with the video release they also released a single edit with credits for her (finally). Due to the song being already so 'old' i'm already quite over it, so it won't be #1 for that long i'm afraid :oops:

Glad your favorite Demi songs are on the charts right now - and i'm loving the ones you mentioned as well! :D

Also nice to hear your thoughts about "Illuminate", as i felt the same :oops:
Tansike
Legend

Postby Tansike » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:52 am

I need to do a double post now as i'd like to put out a huge THANK YOU to everyone who ever commented on my charts or visited this topic! This week, 'My Charts' crossed 200,000 views and 4,000 replies - a huge milestone! Never did i expect this topic to be that popular, because when i started doing my own charts around twelve years ago i never thought someone would be interested in it, but i'm so thankful there are so many people who keep on checking out this topic - so thanks a lot <3 <3 <3
Tansike
Legend

Postby Tansike » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:10 am

thanks so much for all comments

My Charts - week 25/2018 – 21 june 2018 - another busy week
    Singles Top40
    Image Image Image
Spoiler:
2018 keeps on being a really busy year, as there were many new releases last week, with ten of them being able to make an entry on the Singles Top40 this week. There was also a re-entry, plus Demi’s ongoing concert effect and some album releases really made this week another busy one.

Shortly before the first half of the year is already over, there’s another song which is able to spend its third week atop the charts, as Clean Bandit and Demi Lovato’s “Solo” returns 3-1. It follows up “Across The Sea” by Leaves’ Eyes and “The Space Between” by Auri as the third song to do so. Last year only had three songs to do three or more weeks during the whole year, so it may be a good sign for 2018 to have more songs with a better staying power atop the charts. Their biggest competition was “Stampede” by Alexander Jean and Lindsey Stirling, which stays at its position (2-2), with the other Lindsey Stirling featured track “Hi-Lo” by Evanescence falling 1-4.

The highest of all new arrivals comes in at number three. “Barbie Tingz” and “Chun-Li” both made the Top10 for Nicki Minaj just a few weeks ago, but they both didn’t show much staying power and already left the Top40 after three and four weeks. The rapper has released the follow-up called “Bed” now, and it features Ariana Grande, so it’s likely to see that song hanging on for longer than the previous two. With its arrival at #3 it becomes Nicki’s highest charting single as a lead artist since she arrived at #3 as well with “Anaconda” back in 2014, and “Anaconda” was also the last time she scored three Top10 peaking entries in a row, as the previous two tracks “Pills N Potions” and “Bang Bang” made the Top10 as well. It’s overall a fantastic week for Ariana Grande – well, in fact, it looks like 2018 may be her year. “No Tears Left To Cry” may leave the Top10 for its first time (9-12), but she’s also featured on a second new entry: “Dance To This”, the latest output of Troye Sivan’s upcoming second album “Bloom”. It enters the charts at #6, which is Troye’s very first Top10 entry. And with another Ariana & Nicki collaboration being released this week, it’s likely to see them having a very good debut next week as well.

Other new and re-entries this week: Bebe Rexha will finally drop her full-length debut album “Expectations” tomorrow, and last Friday saw the release of the third official single called “I’m A Mess”, which immediately becomes a hit by debuting at #5. Norwegian DJ and producer Kygo scored another hit lately with “Remind Me To Forget” (20-31), and even though the song isn’t even that old yet, he’s already back with a new song. This time he’s collaborated with Imagine Dragons on a song called “Born To Be Yours”, which is new at #7 as Kygo’s third and the band’s eighth Top10 hit. Australian boy band 5 Seconds Of Summer has released two albums in 2014 and 2015 and also collected a nice hit around the world in 2014 with “She Looks So Perfect”, but disappeared shortly after. A few weeks ago, they announced their third album “Youngblood” and what looked like a big flop at first turned out to be more successful than probably everyone ever expected, as the title track “Youngblood” has started to take off in a few countries and finally becomes their very first notation on my charts as well as it’s new at #13 this week. A sixth debut made the upper half as “Nervous” by Shawn Mendes is new at #19. It’s Shawn’s eighth chart entry, with half of them being from his current self-titled album.

Pitbull used to be a big hitmaker not so long ago, but out of a sudden it got quiet around him and his new releases never really took off. The Cuban rapper is back with new music now though, and the song is called “Amore”, becoming his first entry as a lead artist since three and a half years as it’s new at #25. The song features British singer Leona Lewis, who also didn’t score an entry in nearly three years. From one latin artist to another… Luis Fonsi may have had the biggest hit of 2017 with “Despacito”, though it was “Échame La Culpa” with Demi Lovato which became his first notation on my charts. He’s getting a second one now, as his new single “Calypso” with Stefflon Don enters the charts at #27. Rudimental, Major Lazer, Anne-Marie and Mr Eazi all teamed up on “Let Me Live” which debuts at #35 while Little Big Town’s “Summer Fever” arrives at #36 as the final new entry of the week. The mentioned re-entry belongs to Auri, as their “The Space Between” is back at #29.

Other talking points this week: Equinox’ “Bones” becomes the third ESC song to get certified as the Bulgarian entry goes Gold (16-17). The years 2013, 2014 and 2017 also got three certified entries each, only 2016 got more with four, and there’s still a chance to see 2018 reaching that as well, as Eleni Foureira’s “Fuego” (15-24) and Mikolas Josef’s “Lie To Me” (24-30) are still charting high enough to reach that feat sooner or later. With Elina Nechayeva’s “La forza” (14-21), Madame Monsieur’s “Mercy” (31-34) and Benjamin Ingrosso’s “Dance You Off” (32-37) there are another three songs from the contest which are still in the Top40. Demi Lovato did benefit from a full week concert effect the last time, and it doesn’t happen that often that some of the re-entries even increase the week after, but that’s the case with Demi. “Solo” with Clean Bandit was one example, the others being “Échame La Culpa” with Luis Fonsi (28-23) and “Fall In Line” by Christina Aguilera (36-18). The latter obviously also benefits from the album release of Christina’s new set “Liberation”. Overall it’s still a very good week for Demi, as “Tell Me You Love Me” (6-9) and “Give Your Heart A Break” (18-22) both go Gold, and she’s still charting with “Cool For The Summer” (12-20), “Heart Attack” (11-26) and “Confident” (21-33) too.

Christina Aguilera & Demi Lovato’s “Fall In Line” is the biggest climber while Lily Allen’s “Lost My Mind” drops 19-40 as the biggest loser this week.

1 (3) Clean Bandit feat. Demi Lovato – Solo
Chart Run: *1*-1-2-3-1- / 5w

2 (2) Alexander Jean feat. Lindsey Stirling – Stampede
Chart Run: *2*-2- / 2w

3 (NEW) Nicki Minaj feat. Ariana Grande – Bed
Chart Run: *3*- / 1w

4 (1) Evanescence feat. Lindsey Stirling – Hi-Lo
Chart Run: *1*-4- / 2w

5 (NEW) Bebe Rexha – I’m A Mess
Chart Run: *5*- / 1w

6 (NEW) Troye Sivan feat. Ariana Grande – Dance To This
Chart Run: *6*- / 1w

7 (NEW) Kygo & Imagine Dragons – Born To Be Yours
Chart Run: *7*- / 1w

8 (4) Tarja – Love To Hate
Chart Run: *1*-4-8- / 3w

9 (6) Demi Lovato – Tell Me You Love Me *G*
Chart Run: 10-19-35-Out-RE 12-14-9-16-25-Out-RE *6*-9- / 10w

10 (5) Namika – Je ne parle pas français
Chart Run: 21-*5*-10- / 3w

11 (10) Selena Gomez – Back To You
Chart Run: 4-*2*-4-6-10-11- / 6w

12 (9) Ariana Grande – No Tears Left To Cry *G*
Chart Run: *1*-1-4-9-5-3-4-9-12- / 9w

13 (NEW) 5 Seconds Of Summer – Youngblood
Chart Run: *13*- / 1w

14 (13) Cardi B, Bad Bunny & J Balvin – I Like It
Chart Run: *9*-13-14- / 3w

15 (8) Charli XCX – 5 In The Morning
Chart Run: *5*-8-15- / 3w

16 (7) Shawn Mendes feat. Khalid – Youth
Chart Run: 11-19-8-*2*-3-7-16- / 7w

17 (16) Equinox – Bones *G*
Chart Run: 6-6-*5*-6-8-10-16-17- / 8w

18 (36) Christina Aguilera feat. Demi Lovato – Fall In Line
Chart Run: *11*-28-Out-RE 36-18- / 4w

19 (NEW) Shawn Mendes – Nervous
Chart Run: *19*- / 1w

20 (12) Demi Lovato – Cool For The Summer
Chart Run: *1*-4-8-10-19-30-33-38-Out-RE 31-40-40-Out-RE 12-20- / 13w

21 (14) Elina Nechayeva – La forza *G*
Chart Run: 3-*1*-1-3-6-7-14-21- / 8w

22 (18) Demi Lovato – Give Your Heart A Break *G*
Chart Run: 15-14-*9*-14-14-15-14-18-Out-RE 18-22- / 10w

23 (28) Luis Fonsi feat. Demi Lovato – Échame La Culpa
Chart Run: *19*-38-Out-RE 28-23- / 4w

24 (15) Eleni Foureira – Fuego
Chart Run: 3-*2*-4-5-8-15-24- / 7w

25 (NEW) Pitbull feat. Leona Lewis – Amore
Chart Run: *25*- / 1w

26 (11) Demi Lovato – Heart Attack *P*
Chart Run: 18-21-21-8-7-9-6-8-9-*3*-5-10-13-17-21-24-25-25-28-35-38-33-35-40-Out-RE 11-26- / 26w

27 (NEW) Luis Fonsi & Stefflon Don – Calypso
Chart Run: *27*- / 1w

28 (17) Meghan Trainor – Let You Be Right
Chart Run: 21-18-*13*-17-28- / 5w

29 (RE) Auri – The Space Between *G*
Chart Run: *1*-9-1-2-1-6-11-17-30-Out-RE 29- / 10w

30 (24) Mikolas Josef – Lie To Me
Chart Run: 11-8-*7*-12-10-15-24-30- / 8w

31 (20) Kygo & Miguel – Remind Me To Forget
Chart Run: 35-Out-RE *16*-16-14-20-31- / 6w

32 (23) Kylie Minogue – Golden
Chart Run: *18*-23-32- / 3w

33 (21) Demi Lovato – Confident
Chart Run: *16*-25-39-Out-RE 38-32-25-39-Out-RE 21-33- / 9w

34 (31) Madame Monsieur – Mercy
Chart Run: *10*-18-29-25-31-34- / 6w

35 (NEW) Rudimental & Major Lazer feat. Anne-Marie & Mr Eazi – Let Me Live
Chart Run: *35*- / 1w

36 (NEW) Little Big Town – Summer Fever
Chart Run: *36*- / 1w

37 (32) Benjamin Ingrosso – Dance You Off
Chart Run: *8*-15-23-28-32-37- / 6w

38 (26) Maroon 5 feat. Cardi B – Girls Like You
Chart Run: *17*-26-38- / 3w

39 (25) Tove Lo feat. Charli XCX, Icona Pop & Alma – Bitches
Chart Run: *25*-39- / 2w

40 (19) Lily Allen – Lost My Mind
Chart Run: *19*-40- / 2w

Out of Top40
Out (22) MNEK feat. Hailee Steinfeld – Colour (2w)
Out (27) Shawn Mendes – Lost In Japan (4w)
Out (29) Fifth Harmony – Don’t Say You Love Me (4w)
Out (30) Meghan Trainor – Can’t Dance (4w)
Out (33) Demi Lovato – Sorry Not Sorry (6w)
Out (34) Céline Dion – Ashes (6w)
Out (35) Jessie J – Queen (3w)
Out (37) Blanche – Wrong Turn (3w)
Out (38) Charlie Puth feat. Khelani – Done For Me (12w)
Out (39) Passenger – Hell Or High Water (4w)
Out (40) Waylon – Outlaw In ‘Em (5w)

New certifications
"Bones” by Equinox and Demi Lovato’s “Tell Me You Love Me” & “Give Your Heart A Break” all go GOLD (250+ points)

Click here for the Certification Database
Tansike
Legend

Postby Tansike » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:11 am

My Charts - week 25/2018 – 21 june 2018 - another busy week
    Album Top20
    Image Image Image
Spoiler:
Similar to the Singles Top40, Demi Lovato’s concert effect not only had an effect for a single week, but the singer continues to have a strong charts performance and even remains atop the Album Top20 for a second week with “Tell Me You Love Me”. Unlike last week, the competition was actually even stronger this time, as there are three new arrivals and one of them was expected to have a very good debut, though it’s not the highest in the end. The highest one belongs to Mike Shinoda, a part of the American rock band Linkin Park. Following the very sad passing of their lead singer Chester Bennington last year, Mike Shinoda has decided to record a full-length solo album which is called “Post Traumatic”, came out last Friday and makes its debut at #2 this week. It’s not only his very first notation as a soloist on the album charts, but on my charts overall, as he has yet to get an entry on the Singles Top40.

The expected high arrival is “Liberation”, the long awaited eighth studio album by Christina Aguilera. The set has spawned two singles entries so far with the #10 peaking “Accelerate” and “Fall In Line”, which features this weeks number one Demi Lovato. “Liberation” starts at #3 as Christina’s third chart entry since my album charts started back in 2010, with “Bionic” (#6) and “Lotus” (#2) being her other two entries. The third and final debut goes to Australian boy band 5 Seconds Of Summer. The band has released their third album “Youngblood”, which makes its debut at #5.

Other talking points this week: Demi’s ongoing success is also impressive when it comes to albums, as “Confident” stays incredibly stable (3-4) while “Unbroken” comes back to #16 and basically switches a spot in the Top20 with “Demi”, which falls out. Loreena McKennitt gets her very first certification ever as “Lost Souls” goes Gold in its sixth week (6-9), with all of them being in the upper half. Speaking of, Anne-Marie’s “Speak Your Mind” leaves that part for the first time (9-11), with Auri’s self-titled album coming close to that region again (17-12). Cardi B’s “Invasion Of Privacy” (#18) and The Dark Element’s “The Dark Element” (#20) are both able to make a little comeback, while Owl City’s “Cinematic” and Jessie J’s “R.O.S.E.” both disappoint and already leave the Top20 completely, after a meager two and three weeks.

1 (1) Demi Lovato – Tell Me You Love Me *G*
Chart Run: 2-3-4-7-13-18-16-18-Out-RE 14-*1*-1- / 11w

2 (NEW) Mike Shinoda – Post Traumatic
Chart Run: *2*- / 1w

3 (NEW) Christina Aguilera – Liberation

4 (3) Demi Lovato – Confident *G*
Chart Run: 2-*1*-4-8-12-19-Out-RE 15-12-16-Out-RE 13-18-Out-RE 3-4- / 13w

5 (NEW) 5 Seconds Of Summer – Youngblood

6 (2) Lily Allen – No Shame
Chart Run: *2*-6- / 2w

7 (4) Shawn Mendes – Shawn Mendes
Chart Run: 2-*1*-4-7- / 4w

8 (8) My Indigo – My Indigo *G*
Chart Run: *1*-1-2-4-4-5-7-8-8- / 9w

9 (6) Loreena McKennitt – Lost Souls *G*
Chart Run: 3-*1*-3-2-6-9- / 6w

10 (7) Charlie Puth – Voicenotes
Chart Run: *2*-2-4-3-7-10- / 6w

11 (9) Anne-Marie – Speak Your Mind *G*
Chart Run: *2*-4-6-6-8-9-9-11- / 8w

12 (17) Auri – Auri *G*
Chart Run: *1*-2-1-3-7-10-10-14-16-16-15-17-12- / 13w

13 (11) Ashley Monroe – Sparrow
Chart Run: 8-11-12-15-*7*-7-8-11-13- / 9w

14 (13) Eurovision Song Contest 2018 *G*
Chart Run: 5-7-5-3-*1*-1-3-6-10-13-14- / 11w

15 (5) Lykke Li – so sad so sexy
Chart Run: *5*-15- / 2w

16 (RE) Demi Lovato – Unbroken
Chart Run: 5-8-Out-RE 10-*4*-7-9-10-Out-RE 16- / 8w

17 (10) Namika – Que Walou
Chart Run: *5*-10-17- / 3w

18 (RE) Cardi B – Invasion Of Privacy *G*
Chart Run: 3-*2*-3-8-8-11-14-18-Out-RE 18- / 9w

19 (16) Evanescence – Synthesis *G*
Chart Run: 2-3-6-9-9-13-15-14-18-Out-RE 11-*1*-2-6-10-14-19-Out-RE 16-19- / 18w

20 (RE) The Dark Element (Anette Olzon & Jani Liimatainen) – The Dark Element *P*
Chart Run: *1*-1-1-2-3-5-9-5-6-9-7-3-4-1-3-5-2-4-10-14-15-Out-RE 16-19-Out-RE 20- / 24w

Out of Top20
Out (12) Owl City – Cinematic (2w)
Out (14) Jessie J – R.O.S.E. (3w)
Out (15) CHVRCHES – Love Is Dead (3w)
Out (18) Lindsey Stirling – Brave Enough *3xP* (62w)
Out (19) Demi Lovato – Demi *P* (26w)
Out (20) Faun – XV - Best Of *G* (17w)

New certifications
”Lost Souls” by Loreena McKennitt goes GOLD (100+ points)

Tansike
Legend

Postby JakeP » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:36 pm

Tansike wrote:I need to do a double post now as i'd like to put out a huge THANK YOU to everyone who ever commented on my charts or visited this topic! This week, 'My Charts' crossed 200,000 views and 4,000 replies - a huge milestone! Never did i expect this topic to be that popular, because when i started doing my own charts around twelve years ago i never thought someone would be interested in it, but i'm so thankful there are so many people who keep on checking out this topic - so thanks a lot <3 <3 <3
Hey Tansike :D

First of all :o :o :D :D :P :P 8-) 8-) :wink: :wink: etc.. at those stats. That's an amazing achievement, and as you know i love to follow your chart each week.

We share a similar taste in music and i have discovered some wonderful songs here so its really deserved. <3 Here's to the next 4k replies and 200k views.
JakeP
Manager

Postby JakeP » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:02 pm

Whilst i'm here i might as well start adding to that tally. :lol:

Gosh! :P I didn't expect Solo to return to your #1 after seeing Lindsey Stirling dominating your top 2 last week. This is pretty much set to be #1 in the UK tomorrow and i'm so happy about this, it will be the best UK #1 of the year so far. :D

2 (2) Alexander Jean feat. Lindsey Stirling – Stampede

So i'm gonna comment on these together. I did actually give them both a listen (just didn't find the time to comment :( ). But of the two i liked the Evanescence track more so i was delighted that this ended up as your #1. As for the Alexander Jean track, i do like this and its actually quite an endearing track. I even added both songs to my list of potential future entries in my chart. Of course there's been an abundance of new music throughout the week so right now, i really haven't a clue how my next chart is gonna look.

This is amazing, i love the exotic summer vibes in the production. It's Nicki's most radio friendly and assessable song for some time so naturally i was gonna enjoy this. Ariana's vocals on the chorus are so lush. I even prefer this more than The light is coming. :wink:

It seems like this is proving popular with others on UK Mix but i'm not feeling it as much. I gave it listen a couple of nights back and whilst i did like it, it didn't leave much of a lasting impression. Probably unlikely to enter my chart this Saturday but who knows, it could continue growing on me and become a future hit.

Ahh i thought this was gonna be your new #1 as you seemed to be a lot more positive about this track than i am. As much as i do enjoy Dance to this, it still pales in comparison to both My, my, my and Bloom.

This is so much more instant than the Miguel track Remind me to forget which took about two months before it finally entered my chart. This is definitely entering my chart this coming weekend and potentially higher than in your chart, but i've still got one more day yet which could change how my final chart looks. It's an unpredictable week for sure. :lol:

10 (5) Namika – Je ne parle pas français

I also want to thank you for this track which i checked out last week. It appears to be doing well in Germany so i'm guessing it's also a hit in Switzerland? I also listened to the remix version with Black M too. I'm not familiar with either artist but this could become a hit in my chart in the coming weeks if it keeps my interest levels high.

Wow, so this become their first ever chart hit here? :o :P Youngblood is officially the guys' highest charting single in my chart now having hit a peak of #12. I think it's incredibly impressive that they have matured and developed beyond their teenybopper fanbase and have got a song that is appealing to a wider demographic audience. Something i would never have expected to see when they started out. :D

25 (NEW) Pitbull feat. Leona Lewis – Amore

Well this ended up being an anti climax. :lol: :oops: When i read about this i was hoping that Pitbull & Leona would deliver a really upbeat fun party track...but instead they gave us this forgettable non event of a track instead. :-? :( Needless to say, this won't be entering my chart.

Best of the rest:

JakeP
Manager

Postby Tansike » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:29 am

JakeP wrote:
Tansike wrote:I need to do a double post now as i'd like to put out a huge THANK YOU to everyone who ever commented on my charts or visited this topic! This week, 'My Charts' crossed 200,000 views and 4,000 replies - a huge milestone! Never did i expect this topic to be that popular, because when i started doing my own charts around twelve years ago i never thought someone would be interested in it, but i'm so thankful there are so many people who keep on checking out this topic - so thanks a lot <3 <3 <3
Hey Tansike :D

First of all :o :o :D :D :P :P 8-) 8-) :wink: :wink: etc.. at those stats. That's an amazing achievement, and as you know i love to follow your chart each week.

We share a similar taste in music and i have discovered some wonderful songs here so its really deserved. <3 Here's to the next 4k replies and 200k views.
Awww... thank you so much <3 I really appreciate it that you're following my charts and keep on discovering some stuff every now and then <3
Tansike
Legend

Postby Tansike » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:43 am

JakeP wrote:Whilst i'm here i might as well start adding to that tally. :lol:

Gosh! :P I didn't expect Solo to return to your #1 after seeing Lindsey Stirling dominating your top 2 last week. This is pretty much set to be #1 in the UK tomorrow and i'm so happy about this, it will be the best UK #1 of the year so far. :D
Hey Jake :D

Well, “Solo” has been stuck in my head again lately and I kept on playing it over and over again, while the two Lindsey featured track didn’t have such a replay value for me last week. I’m also glad that this also gets the chance to top the UK charts, definitely well deserved! :D

JakeP wrote:2 (2) Alexander Jean feat. Lindsey Stirling – Stampede
So i'm gonna comment on these together. I did actually give them both a listen (just didn't find the time to comment :( ). But of the two i liked the Evanescence track more so i was delighted that this ended up as your #1. As for the Alexander Jean track, i do like this and its actually quite an endearing track. I even added both songs to my list of potential future entries in my chart. Of course there's been an abundance of new music throughout the week so right now, i really haven't a clue how my next chart is gonna look.
First of all, YAY that you checked them out <3 Second… not surprised you prefer “Hi-Lo”, as it’s Evanescence after all. Unfortunately, the track itself was already released last year so I’m already a little bit ‘over it’ by now which is why it already fell 1-4.
That’s amazing news for both of the songs. Sooooo I really cross my fingers that one may appear on your charts sooner or later :wink:

JakeP wrote:3 (NEW) Nicki Minaj feat. Ariana Grande – Bed
This is amazing, i love the exotic summer vibes in the production. It's Nicki's most radio friendly and assessable song for some time so naturally i was gonna enjoy this. Ariana's vocals on the chorus are so lush. I even prefer this more than The light is coming. :wink:
Yes! I agree with you that it’s Nicki’s best in years and I hope this turns into a nice hit for them both. It’s still too early for me to tell if I enjoy this more than “The Light Is Coming” but that one will definitely make a great debut on my charts next week as well :)

JakeP wrote:5 (NEW) Bebe Rexha – I’m A Mess
It seems like this is proving popular with others on UK Mix but i'm not feeling it as much. I gave it listen a couple of nights back and whilst i did like it, it didn't leave much of a lasting impression. Probably unlikely to enter my chart this Saturday but who knows, it could continue growing on me and become a future hit.
Aww… I think this is a strong pop record and I’ve been quite a fan for everything Bebe has released lately, so I’m not surprised at how much I’m liking this. It’s just a fun song with a nice sing-a-long chorus.

JakeP wrote:6 (NEW) Troye Sivan feat. Ariana Grande – Dance To This
Ahh i thought this was gonna be your new #1 as you seemed to be a lot more positive about this track than i am. As much as i do enjoy Dance to this, it still pales in comparison to both My, my, my and Bloom.
#1?! :o Well, yeah, I was positive about this, but it’s still far from being an amazing song or so. It’s very good, of course, and especially compared to Troye’s previous tracks it made a much better impression on me, also because I never got much into “Bloom”, “The Other Side” or “My My My”. It’s also the very first time Troye hits my Top10 :oops:

JakeP wrote:7 (NEW) Kygo & Imagine Dragons – Born To Be Yours
This is so much more instant than the Miguel track Remind me to forget which took about two months before it finally entered my chart. This is definitely entering my chart this coming weekend and potentially higher than in your chart, but i've still got one more day yet which could change how my final chart looks. It's an unpredictable week for sure. :lol:
:lol: We felt the same there! “Remind Me To Forget” also took ages to finally grow on me but now I think it’s quite good. I’m already excited to see how this will do on your charts – there’s currently a lot of competition out, and I’m loving that! :D

JakeP wrote:10 (5) Namika – Je ne parle pas français
I also want to thank you for this track which i checked out last week. It appears to be doing well in Germany so i'm guessing it's also a hit in Switzerland? I also listened to the remix version with Black M too. I'm not familiar with either artist but this could become a hit in my chart in the coming weeks if it keeps my interest levels high.
Yay! Glad you checked this out & enjoyed it! As you say, it’s quite big in Germany (#2 last week, has a chance to reach #1 this or next week), but only just started in Switzerland, as it’s charting for only two weeks so far (but it rose 83-69 this week). It’s likely to get much bigger than it is right now over here, as it’s rising a lot on iTunes and Spotify, which is well deserved. I don’t know if you checked out “Lieblingsmensch” in 2015, which was her breakthrough hit (#1 in Germany with 43 weeks on the chart, #2 peak in Austria and #14 in Switzerland). It’s quite good as well and I’m so happy that she got another hit with “Je ne parle pas français” :D

JakeP wrote:13 (NEW) 5 Seconds Of Summer – Youngblood
Wow, so this become their first ever chart hit here? :o :P Youngblood is officially the guys' highest charting single in my chart now having hit a peak of #12. I think it's incredibly impressive that they have matured and developed beyond their teenybopper fanbase and have got a song that is appealing to a wider demographic audience. Something i would never have expected to see when they started out. :D
Yes! :D Actually, I have to admit I never checked out “She Looks So Perfect”, at least from what I remember, maybe I simply forgot it! :oops: I completely agree, and while it’s a surprise they got a hit these days, it’s absolutely deserved as “Youngblood” is really good.

JakeP wrote:25 (NEW) Pitbull feat. Leona Lewis – Amore
Well this ended up being an anti climax. :lol: :oops: When i read about this i was hoping that Pitbull & Leona would deliver a really upbeat fun party track...but instead they gave us this forgettable non event of a track instead. :-? :( Needless to say, this won't be entering my chart.
:lol: :lol: Poor them! I think it’s not even that bad but it will most likely be a one-week-run on my charts…

JakeP wrote:Best of the rest:
That’s a lot! :o
Tansike
Legend

Postby phoenix98 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:30 pm

Tansike wrote:Hey Paul – first, let me thank you so much for keep on coming by & taking the time to reply every week. It happens that I always look forward to your comment every week and starting from this week on I will catch up with things again, so I’ll follow your charts closer again (well, I already followed it, but never left a comment, but this will change now) :oops:

Also, I LOVE (!!!) your new avatar so much! :o
Aw - you're totally welcome, Tansike :D You've got such a great personality/attitude that always makes it fun to interact with you on here. It helps that we share some non-music interests (like Pokémon), and your chart is a really perfect mix of songs that I already know/like, combined with songs I'd probably never come across otherwise that make me step outside my usual musical comfort zone/bubble. ;)

Ha, glad you approve of Eevee <3 It's funny, because I'll probably end up buying the Pikachu version of Let's Go (since you can't evolve your starter, like in Yellow, and I'd rather work with an un-evolvable Pikachu than an un-evolvable Eevee) - but so much of Eevee's art is so damn cute, I'd rather use that for an avatar. :lol:

Tansike wrote:Thank you! :lol: :oops: True. It’s also important to pay the bills these days (through electronic banking), but I just did that at work! :lol:

No, I still have them… but I don’t know for how long, cause they’re just taking space away to be honest, and my memories to them aren’t as important as the ones to my comics or card collection. So I definitely made a wrong decision in what I kept and what I gave away. Haha, I didn’t even mean that, it’s just that we do some other stuff, watch a movie together or whatever, instead of me playing Pokémon. Sometimes he’s playing a game and I simply watch him play that game instead of playing one by myself. Aw, well, I’m okay with you asking this every week, unfortunately it’s still the same as of now. I already was sooo near to play again yesterday. Hopefully today. Somehow I miss it, but somehow it’s still not as important as some other stuff to me at the moment. Also, I have to admit that I’ve started to get interested in playing one of the newer ones again instead of Yellow… so let’s see how I’ll decide in the end.

Sounds interesting! Since they released Red/Blue on the Virtual Console not too long ago, it makes sense for them do change some stuff from the original series. Have you spotted something else worth a mention by watching that trailer several times?
Ah, yeah, I definitely wouldn't want to have to deal with sending an actual check through the mail in order to pay those! :lol:

It's a similar situation for me, where I still had a bunch of old stuffed animals/Beanie Babies lying around my old house for years, but most of the stuff that I wish I'd kept now was given away/lost over the years. Which games has your man been hooked on lately? Any chance he'll want to play Let's Go with you once it's out...?

HmMmMm, I don't think I spotted anything TOO noteworthy in that first trailer (mostly just trying to recognize the setting/cities in each shot), but someone noticed in the E3 gameplay footage that there's wild Bulbasaur in Viridian Forest/Vertania Wald, which is a pretty cool addition!

Tansike wrote:After I read that I just checked it by myself and woah, I didn’t expect this album to be that well received by critics – but I’m loving it! Definitely a case of a ‘teenage’ star delivering something really good and for everyone, not just young girls. Anyways, it’s nice to hear you checked the album out now, but kinda sad that it left you pretty cold, so I really hope some tracks will grow on you. It’s interesting how you say it’s a slow album, as it didn’t make such an impression on me. “Nervous”, “Particular Taste”, “Queen” and “Mutual” are all more uptempo and belong to my faves, but also some slower songs like “Like To Be You” or “Fallin’ All In You” are really good. Will be interesting to see how things turn out after a few more spins :)
Well...I guess most of the album seems slow compared to something like "There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back," which had been my favorite of his (and still is, I guess). A few songs on Shawn Mendes did manage to stand out as I kept re-visiting the album last week, though, and "Nervous" was definitely one of them (along with "Fallin' All In You" and "Why").

Overall, Shawn Mendes still doesn't do as much for me as some of the other albums that I've checked out this year, but there's enough worthwhile (non-single) tracks to discover that I'm glad I gave it a chance in full.

Tansike wrote:I get what you mean and fully agree on that. It’s nice to have some similarities, but it’s also nice to have some stuff to discover. As for “Alone”, yes, sadly, but…. the “Strangers” video drops tomorrow!! :o :cry:
At long last! I think I saw somewhere that you weren't too impressed with it, though?

Tansike wrote:Yes. You know, I only started attending concerts in 2012 and didn’t visit many back then (two in 2012, one in 2013, three in 2014), and I saw Tarja live in December 2015 on a Christmas tour. Her last proper rock album came out in 2016 and unfortunately I didn’t go to her concert back then. The thing is, until last Autumn, I never attended a concert where you couldn’t get seating tickets, as I used to have a chronic iron deficiency, so I never wanted to try it out as I was afraid I wouldn’t be able to stand there between all the people for so long, and would need to sit down which wouldn’t be possible if you’re in the middle of a crowd, and Tarja isn’t big enough to visit venues with seating places. So I ‘skipped’ her, except the Christmas concert, as that one was only seated and the venue was a theater (for obvious reasons, I think). But now I know that standing for two hours or so is actually possible, and she’ll release a new rock album in 2019, so I will most likely go and see her on her next tour, as she usually always visits Switzerland on her tour (it’s still one of her most successful countries besides Germany, Finland and part of South America).
Ah, I never knew that you had to deal with that deficiency (and still do?), so thanks for sharing that **Hug** What kind of treatment was needed for that? I’m glad that you've managed to make it through standing-room-only concerts more recently! #survivor

Tansike wrote:Aw :oops: Okay, now that I finally enjoy a Charli song so much, maybe it’s time for me to re-visit “Pop 2” as well? Maybe I’ll take a listen later today to see what I think about it these days…
Maybe we'll be more in agreement on "Focus" or "No Angel" ;) **Fingers crossed**

Tansike wrote:Ah right. So it must be quite cool to get this song as a single now. I think they also promoted “Wait” in the US, but it got overlooked everywhere else, right? So the single choices are actually good for you :)
Yeah, I thought "Wait" had been a proper single everywhere, but it flopped HARD overseas (No. 79 in the UK, No. 91 in Australia, etc.), so maybe it was only really pushed/promoted n the US? :-? Either way, "Girls Like You" has definitely gotten them back on track, charts-wise! Seems to be their biggest hit since..."Sugar," I guess?

Tansike wrote:Well to be honest with you, SMFF turned out to be a lowlight of the album for me. On first listen I enjoyed it, but I realized how basic and generic it actually is after more spins :oops:
:cry: :cry: :cry: It's one of Golden's highlights for me (possibly my absolute favorite track across the whole album)...but you're not the first person I've seen who thinks the first two singles are actually some of the weakest moments on the album. :x

Tansike wrote:Haha, true! It’s funny how the video for “Hi-Lo” came out in the same week as another song which featured her. Yes, she’s doing a co-headlining tour with Evanescence, but unfortunately it’s just for the US so far. Evanescence already toured Europe earlier this year and announced this co-headlining tour shortly before I saw them. Seeing both of them live together would be brilliant, so fingers crossed they’re expanding the tour with European dates as well.
**Fingers and toes crossed** for ya!

Tansike wrote:Demi’s concert was much better than expected! She slayed vocally, and her performances were so much better as well. I didn’t know she’s such a good performer! Also, the staging was cool, the setlist was good as well – I only missed “Stone Cold”, “Skyscraper”, “Really Don’t Care” and “Kingdom Come” but understand why she didn’t perform them. As for GYHAB… its chart performance looks worse than it is. In fact, with the upcoming charts from Thursday already included (it’s already pretty much done as I’ll be busy tomorrow), it’s tied with another song as her fourth most successful song on my charts! :wink: Being in the Top20 for so long with just a #9 peak is actually quite a rare feat.
Ooh...props to Demi for defying your expectations! I don't think I've ever watched a live performance of hers, but it's good to know that she's capable of truly entertaining. Is she a surprisingly good dancer? Bummer about "Really Don't Care," since I'm a big fan of that one, but I get what you mean about it not being too shocking that she chose to skip those (granted, "Skyscraper" was basically her "comeback" hit...)

Tansike wrote:Wait – there never was another single of “Blue Lips”? :o Okay, that’s really interesting!
I'd forgotten about "Cycles" when I was writing that comment last week :oops: but I'm not sure if that was ever actually promoted anywhere, or was just rumored to be a single at one point? It never got a video, and it's not listed as a single on Wikipedia...

Tansike wrote:1 (3) Clean Bandit feat. Demi Lovato – Solo
9 (6) Demi Lovato – Tell Me You Love Me *G*
15 (8) Charli XCX – 5 In The Morning
19 (NEW) Shawn Mendes – Nervous
22 (18) Demi Lovato – Give Your Heart A Break *G*
28 (17) Meghan Trainor – Let You Be Right
29 (RE) Auri – The Space Between *G*
39 (25) Tove Lo feat. Charli XCX, Icona Pop & Alma – Bitches
• I'm lovin' this surprise rebound for "Solo" :o "Hi-Lo" is likable enough, but I'm definitely partial toward "Solo."
• I know you love Ari, but I still wasn't expecting such a strong start for "Dance To This" (maybe because I'm pretty underwhelmed by it myself) :oops: I much preferred "My My My!" and "Bloom," but I guess this one has some...subtle/mellow/chill charms to it.
• Exciting to see 5SOS earn their first-ever entry with "Youngblood."
• Solid Top 20 start for "Nervous." Since it got a video, hopefully he'll properly push it as his next single. It'd easily be my favorite single from this era so far.
• Impressive for Demi to earn two Gold certs in the same week (especially since "Give Your Heart A Break" "only" peaked at No. 9).

Yet another chart that's one-of-a-kind, Tansike! :D
phoenix98
Legend

Postby SummerPeur » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:04 am

Ariana seems to be slaying everyone's charts at the moment!!! I mentioned in another thread that her recent releases are still needing to grow on me. They just aren't capturing me like nearly every other release of hers has had. Even Everyday got me more excited.

Loved the Demi comeback a bit!!! Cool For The Summer is yet to sound dated at all for me.

Hold on Kylie :cry: . I'm glad to see that Golden has managed to make a small impact with you Tansike. Your charts usually don't get rocked too much by a Kylie release, so this warms my heart! <3
Yeah, I Bloom
I, Bloom Just For You
I Bloom, Just For Youuuuu
SummerPeur
Superstar

Postby Tansike » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:32 am

phoenix98 wrote:Aw - you're totally welcome, Tansike :D You've got such a great personality/attitude that always makes it fun to interact with you on here. It helps that we share some non-music interests (like Pokémon), and your chart is a really perfect mix of songs that I already know/like, combined with songs I'd probably never come across otherwise that make me step outside my usual musical comfort zone/bubble. ;)

Ha, glad you approve of Eevee <3 It's funny, because I'll probably end up buying the Pikachu version of Let's Go (since you can't evolve your starter, like in Yellow, and I'd rather work with an un-evolvable Pikachu than an un-evolvable Eevee) - but so much of Eevee's art is so damn cute, I'd rather use that for an avatar. :lol:
Thanks, same to you <3 <3 <3 True, sometimes it’s also very cool to share some non-music stuff with each other on this site :)

Is it really confirmed you can’t evolve them? Don’t see the point of picking Eevee then :oops: So I’m definitely going with the Pikachu version as well. But yeah, the artwork is cute and overall it’s still one of the most iconic Pokémon to me.

phoenix98 wrote:It's a similar situation for me, where I still had a bunch of old stuffed animals/Beanie Babies lying around my old house for years, but most of the stuff that I wish I'd kept now was given away/lost over the years. Which games has your man been hooked on lately? Any chance he'll want to play Let's Go with you once it's out...?

HmMmMm, I don't think I spotted anything TOO noteworthy in that first trailer (mostly just trying to recognize the setting/cities in each shot), but someone noticed in the E3 gameplay footage that there's wild Bulbasaur in Viridian Forest/Vertania Wald, which is a pretty cool addition!
I have absolutely no idea! :lol: He’s playing some games on his iPhone lately, and these are quite boring to me. There are two games he’s playing all the time, something like a shooter game and something with bubbles. As for Let’s Go, I’m not sure about that. Maybe he’ll try it out as he also tried Pokémon Tekken out due to me and he really enjoyed it.

Oh wow, this would be brilliant :o They should have added something like this in the main series as well, especially in the latter games. How cool would it be if some old starter Pokémon would be able to catch in a normal playthrough!

phoenix98 wrote:Well...I guess most of the album seems slow compared to something like "There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back," which had been my favorite of his (and still is, I guess). A few songs on Shawn Mendes did manage to stand out as I kept re-visiting the album last week, though, and "Nervous" was definitely one of them (along with "Fallin' All In You" and "Why").

Overall, Shawn Mendes still doesn't do as much for me as some of the other albums that I've checked out this year, but there's enough worthwhile (non-single) tracks to discover that I'm glad I gave it a chance in full.
Ah okay, makes sense. Also, these are some nice choices for your favorite songs, especially “Fallin’ All In You”.

Very happy to hear you’re not too ‘mad’ that you checked this out and that it wasn’t for nothing. And who knows, maybe one track will grow on you even more? :)

phoenix98 wrote:At long last! I think I saw somewhere that you weren't too impressed with it, though?
Yes. I mean, it’s a simple boxing video, I expected a lot more for a song which has been a fan favorite since day one and Halsey AND Lauren knew about that. Plus, it would have been a great opportunity to do a LGBT video, as the song is also about that and they’re both bi from what I remember. Would have been cool, especially now that it’s pride month. The video even had a negative effect on me – with a great one it could have been an easy chart topper, but with lots of other new entries it will be a tough battle now. What are your thoughts about the video?

phoenix98 wrote:Ah, I never knew that you had to deal with that deficiency (and still do?), so thanks for sharing that **Hug** What kind of treatment was needed for that? I’m glad that you've managed to make it through standing-room-only concerts more recently! #survivor
Still do, but it’s better these days than it was as a child. It was actually quite simple, eating more meat and stuff with enough protein, plus there were some other possible treatments but we never followed that (with we I mean me and my mother, as it was a thing in my childhood), because of lack of money. Anyways, thank you! <3

phoenix98 wrote:Maybe we'll be more in agreement on "Focus" or "No Angel" ;) **Fingers crossed**
Ah, I’m actually looking forward to hear them as well! :D

phoenix98 wrote:Yeah, I thought "Wait" had been a proper single everywhere, but it flopped HARD overseas (No. 79 in the UK, No. 91 in Australia, etc.), so maybe it was only really pushed/promoted n the US? :-? Either way, "Girls Like You" has definitely gotten them back on track, charts-wise! Seems to be their biggest hit since..."Sugar," I guess?
I think so. Okay, to be fair, they’re pretty much an US radio darling, everything gets a lot of airplay there, so it’s ‘easier’ for them to get a hit in the US while it really has to click with the people in other countries to become a hit. I guess you mean worldwide? I think “Don’t Wanna Know” and “What Lovers Do” were actually quite big hits in many countries as well…
And now that I think about it, it’s kinda crazy how they became such a force on the singles charts, when people thought they’d be over in 2010! “Moves Like Jagger” was an amazing career move for them!

phoenix98 wrote: :cry: :cry: :cry: It's one of Golden's highlights for me (possibly my absolute favorite track across the whole album)...but you're not the first person I've seen who thinks the first two singles are actually some of the weakest moments on the album. :x
Oh! :oops: Well, don’t get me wrong, it’s not bad at all, it’s just… there. But to be fair I’ve never been a huge Kylie fan so it was expected to be not blown away by her stuff.

phoenix98 wrote:**Fingers and toes crossed** for ya!
Thank you <3

phoenix98 wrote:Ooh...props to Demi for defying your expectations! I don't think I've ever watched a live performance of hers, but it's good to know that she's capable of truly entertaining. Is she a surprisingly good dancer? Bummer about "Really Don't Care," since I'm a big fan of that one, but I get what you mean about it not being too shocking that she chose to skip those (granted, "Skyscraper" was basically her "comeback" hit...)
Really? Never? Not even one of the award show performances? But yeah, she’s more entertaining than I thought and danced better than expected (I thought she wouldn’t do dance routines as I’ve never seen that from her and she’s more like a singer-singer than a dancer-singer).
Sometimes I wish a few artist would adjust their setlist to the countries they visit. Demi’s a good example, as she never visited Switzerland before that tour so it would have been nice to hear some older songs as well.

phoenix98 wrote:I'd forgotten about "Cycles" when I was writing that comment last week :oops: but I'm not sure if that was ever actually promoted anywhere, or was just rumored to be a single at one point? It never got a video, and it's not listed as a single on Wikipedia...
Well so it looks like you’re not the only one who forgot about it if it’s not even on Wikipedia :oops:
It also looks like “Bitches” will do nothing, which is quite sad. I hope Tove Lo will come back harder again with her next album.

phoenix98 wrote:• I'm lovin' this surprise rebound for "Solo" :o "Hi-Lo" is likable enough, but I'm definitely partial toward "Solo."
• I know you love Ari, but I still wasn't expecting such a strong start for "Dance To This" (maybe because I'm pretty underwhelmed by it myself) :oops: I much preferred "My My My!" and "Bloom," but I guess this one has some...subtle/mellow/chill charms to it.
• Exciting to see 5SOS earn their first-ever entry with "Youngblood."
• Solid Top 20 start for "Nervous." Since it got a video, hopefully he'll properly push it as his next single. It'd easily be my favorite single from this era so far.
• Impressive for Demi to earn two Gold certs in the same week (especially since "Give Your Heart A Break" "only" peaked at No. 9).

Yet another chart that's one-of-a-kind, Tansike! :D
When compiling my charts for last week I realized “Solo” has been stuck in my head for the whole week and I’ve replayed it over and over again so it was even an obvious #1 for me, despite all the new entries which came out.

It’s interesting how most people who enjoyed the first songs of Troye’s upcoming album aren’t that impressed by “Dance To This”, while it’s the complete opposite for me! :lol: Anyways, “Dance To This” also isn’t a masterpiece and I don’t see this being high up on my charts for too long at the moment, despite the Ari involvement.

Well deserved – “Youngblood” is good!

I’m quite confused with Shawn’s era so far. I thought they’d push “Youth”, but instead of releasing an official video for that one they kinda surprise-released one for “Nervous”. It’s a good track but somehow it gets lost in the crowd of other new entries for me.

True! The concert effect really strengthen up her discography – there are some other good news this week as well :o

Thank you so much :D
Tansike
Legend

Postby Tansike » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:38 am

SummerPeur wrote:
Ariana seems to be slaying everyone's charts at the moment!!! I mentioned in another thread that her recent releases are still needing to grow on me. They just aren't capturing me like nearly every other release of hers has had. Even Everyday got me more excited.
Aww. I think it’s cool how everyone has their own tastes and a few people think she’s as strong as never before while some people can’t get into her new stuff. I think she has an amazing 2018 so far and I’m also loving the new “The Light Is Coming”. Fingers crossed the new stuff will grow on you more, maybe it will with the album release?

SummerPeur wrote:
Loved the Demi comeback a bit!!! Cool For The Summer is yet to sound dated at all for me.
I agree! I don’t get why I got over it so quickly back then when it’s actually one of her strongest singles for me nowadays :o

SummerPeur wrote:
Hold on Kylie :cry: . I'm glad to see that Golden has managed to make a small impact with you Tansike. Your charts usually don't get rocked too much by a Kylie release, so this warms my heart! <3
With all the new releases which are out at the moment this was most likely her last week on my charts :oops: But yeah, she’s usually not a big force on my charts and “Golden” is her first album to have three entries on my charts, so she’s at least getting stronger here with each release :)
Tansike
Legend

Postby Tansike » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:57 am

thanks so much for all comments

My Charts - week 26/2018 – 28 june 2018 - The Light Is Coming to Strangers
    Singles Top40
    Image Image Image
Spoiler:
It is yet another busy week with a massive 12 new entries on the Singles Top40 and unlike the last time, there was a big fight atop the charts as well. In the end, it's Ariana Grande who collects her 12th number one single with "The Light Is Coming". The track is the second song of her upcoming fourth studio album "Sweetener", and got revealed alongside the album pre-order last week. It also features Nicki Minaj, making it their fourth chart entry together, as they already collaborated on "Bang Bang" (#2 in 2014),
"Side To Side" (#1 for two weeks in 2016), and "Bed", which debuted a week ago and falls 3-6 this time. With 12 number ones, Ariana Grande ties Lana Del Rey, Lindsey Stirling and Miley Cyrus as the artists with the fifth most number one entries. Only Selena Gomez (13), Kerli (14), Lady Gaga (15) and Tarja (15) got more so far.

Ariana's biggest competition came from a song which got 185 plays in 2017 as the 15th most played song of the year and even the second most played album track, and that one just got its video last week: "Strangers" by Halsey and former Fifth Harmony member Lauren Jauregui. "The Light Is Coming" denies Halsey a second top debut, though the arrival at the runner-up spot still is Halsey's second best notation ever. Rounding up the Top3 is yet another artist who really fought for the top spot, and that's Tarja. The Finnish singer is used to get number one debuts, though "Undertaker" only arrives at #3 this week due to strong competition. "Undertaker" is the second single of her upcoming live album "Act II" and follows-up "Love To Hate", which debuted atop the charts three weeks ago and falls 8-13 this week.

Other new and re-entries this week: The Top3 may be completely new, but none of the other nine new arrivals made the Top10, but one was near: “Sober” by Demi Lovato. The singer has surprise-released a completely new track last week which enters the charts at #11. Khalid is slowly becoming a common name on my charts, as the singer is not only featured on Shawn Mendes’ “Youth” (16-25), but he’s also part of two new entries. The first is “Lovely”, a collaboration with Billie Eilish (#15), with the second being “Ocean”, a collaboration with Martin Garrix (#18). Also debuting in the upper half is Brandi Carlile’s new single “Hold Out Your Hand” (#19). It’s been a year since their last visit on the charts, but OneRepublic are back now with “Start Again”, a song from the ’13 Reasons Why’ soundtrack. The song features US rapper Logic and arrives at #28. Only two spots lower is the very first notation ever for Blair St. Clair, who was one of the contestants on Season 10 of ‘RuPaul’s Drag Race’. She debuts with her debut single “Now Or Never” (#30), with her first mini album being released tomorrow. Alessia Cara is finally preparing the release of her sophomore studio album, and with “Growing Pains” she gets her first entry from it, as the track starts at #36. Aly & AJ are new at #38 with “Good Love”, followed by “N’oublie pas”, which is the 12th and final entry of the week for Mylene Farmer and LP.

Other talking points this week: Despite three new entries above it, “I’m A Mess” remains at #5 due to Bebe Rexha’s album release. Selena Gomez’ “Back To You” (11-7) and Ariana Grande’s “No Tears Left To Cry” (12-8) both return to the Top10. While Demi Lovato had a nice second week of her concert effect a week ago, she’s falling with all of her entries now, with “Tell Me You Love Me” going down 9-20, her Christina Aguilera collaboration “Fall In Line” dropping 18-27, “Give Your Heart A Break” decreasing 22-31, “Cool For The Summer” falling 20-32, the Luis Fonsi duet “Échame La Culpa” drowning 23-34 and “Heart Attack” (ex #26) & “Confident” (ex #33) both falling out completely. There’s still something good for Demi happening this week, as “Cool For The Summer” also goes Gold, being already her third certification for a single since the concert boost kicked in.

Luis Fonsi and Stefflon Don’s “Calypso” rises 27-22 as the biggest climber while Shawn Mendes’ “Nervous” falls 19-37 as the biggest loser this week.

1 (NEW) Ariana Grande feat. Nicki Minaj – The Light Is Coming
Chart Run: *1*- / 1w

2 (NEW) Halsey feat. Lauren Jauregui – Strangers

3 (NEW) Tarja – Undertaker

4 (1) Clean Bandit feat. Demi Lovato – Solo
Chart Run: *1*-1-2-3-1-4- / 6w

5 (5) Bebe Rexha – I’m A Mess
Chart Run: *5*-5- / 2w

6 (3) Nicki Minaj feat. Ariana Grande – Bed
Chart Run: *3*-6- / 2w

7 (11) Selena Gomez – Back To You
Chart Run: 4-*2*-4-6-10-11-7- / 7w

8 (12) Ariana Grande – No Tears Left To Cry *G*
Chart Run: *1*-1-4-9-5-3-4-9-12-8- / 10w

9 (2) Alexander Jean feat. Lindsey Stirling – Stampede
Chart Run: *2*-2-9- / 3w

10 (4) Evanescence feat. Lindsey Stirling – Hi-Lo
Chart Run: *1*-4-10- / 3w

11 (NEW) Demi Lovato – Sober
Chart Run: *11*- / 1w

12 (7) Kygo & Imagine Dragons – Born To Be Yours
Chart Run: *7*-12- / 2w

13 (8) Tarja – Love To Hate
Chart Run: *1*-4-8-13- / 4w

14 (13) 5 Seconds Of Summer – Youngblood
Chart Run: *13*-14- / 2w

15 (NEW) Billie Eilish & Khalid – Lovely
Chart Run: *15*- / 1w

16 (6) Troye Sivan feat. Ariana Grande – Dance To This
Chart Run: *6*-16- / 2w

17 (10) Namika – Je ne parle pas français
Chart Run: 21-*5*-10-17- / 4w

18 (NEW) Martin Garrix feat. Khalid – Ocean
Chart Run: *18*- / 1w

19 (NEW) Brandi Carlile – Hold Out Your Hand
Chart Run: *19*- / 1w

20 (9) Demi Lovato – Tell Me You Love Me *G*
Chart Run: 10-19-35-Out-RE 12-14-9-16-25-Out-RE *6*-9-20- / 11w

21 (14) Cardi B, Bad Bunny & J Balvin – I Like It
Chart Run: *9*-13-14-21- / 4w

22 (27) Luis Fonsi & Stefflon Don – Calypso
Chart Run: 27-*22*- / 2w

23 (21) Elina Nechayeva – La forza *G*
Chart Run: 3-*1*-1-3-6-7-14-21-23- / 9w

24 (17) Equinox – Bones *G*
Chart Run: 6-6-*5*-6-8-10-16-17-24- / 9w

25 (16) Shawn Mendes feat. Khalid – Youth
Chart Run: 11-19-8-*2*-3-7-16-25- / 8w

26 (15) Charli XCX – 5 In The Morning
Chart Run: *5*-8-15-26- / 4w

27 (18) Christina Aguilera feat. Demi Lovato – Fall In Line
Chart Run: *11*-28-Out-RE 36-18-27- / 5w

28 (NEW) OneRepublic feat. Logic – Start Again
Chart Run: *28*- / 1w

29 (24) Eleni Foureira – Fuego
Chart Run: 3-*2*-4-5-8-15-24-29- / 8w

30 (NEW) Blair St. Clair – Now Or Never
Chart Run: *30*- / 1w

31 (22) Demi Lovato – Give Your Heart A Break *G*
Chart Run: 15-14-*9*-14-14-15-14-18-Out-RE 18-22-31- / 11w

32 (20) Demi Lovato – Cool For The Summer *G*
Chart Run: *1*-4-8-10-19-30-33-38-Out-RE 31-40-40-Out-RE 12-20-32- / 14w

33 (30) Mikolas Josef – Lie To Me
Chart Run: 11-8-*7*-12-10-15-24-30-33- / 9w

34 (23) Luis Fonsi feat. Demi Lovato – Échame La Culpa
Chart Run: *19*-38-Out-RE 28-23-34- / 5w

35 (34) Madame Monsieur – Mercy
Chart Run: *10*-18-29-25-31-34-35- / 7w

36 (NEW) Alessia Cara – Growing Pains
Chart Run: *36*- / 1w

37 (19) Shawn Mendes – Nervous
Chart Run: *19*-37- / 2w

38 (NEW) Aly & AJ – Good Love
Chart Run: *38*- / 1w

39 (NEW) Mylene Farmer & LP – N’oublie pas
Chart Run: *39*- / 1w

40 (37) Benjamin Ingrosso – Dance You Off
Chart Run: *8*-15-23-28-32-37-40- / 7w

Out of Top40
Out (25) Pitbull feat. Leona Lewis – Amore (1w)
Out (26) Demi Lovato – Heart Attack *P* (26w)
Out (28) Meghan Trainor – Let You Be Right (5w)
Out (29) Auri – The Space Between *G* (10w)
Out (31) Kygo & Miguel – Remind Me To Forget (6w)
Out (32) Kylie Minogue – Golden (3w)
Out (33) Demi Lovato – Confident (9w)
Out (35) Rudimental & Major Lazer feat. Anne-Marie & Mr Eazi – Let Me Live (1w)
Out (36) Little Big Town – Summer Fever (1w)
Out (38) Maroon 5 feat. Cardi B – Girls Like You (3w)
Out (39) Tove Lo feat. Charli XCX, Icona Pop & Alma – Bitches (2w)
Out (40) Lily Allen – Lost My Mind (2w)

New certifications
"Cool For The Summer” by Demi Lovato goes GOLD (250+ points)

Tansike
Legend

Postby Tansike » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:58 am

My Charts - week 26/2018 – 28 june 2018 - The Light Is Coming to Strangers
    Album Top20
    Image Image Image
Spoiler:
Just like a week ago, the Album Top20 has three new arrivals again, with all of them landing inside the Top5. But unlike last week, the top album isn’t the same, as Demi Lovato’s “Tell Me You Love Me” drops 1-6 after two weeks at number one following the concert effect. “Confident” (4-9) and “Unbroken” (16-20) are both loosing some spots as well, even though there’s still a reason to celebrate as the latter goes Gold this week.

The top debut goes to Bebe Rexha. The singer has finally released her full-length debut album called “Expectations”, which makes it to the top as expected. She already scored two chart entries last year with the “All Your Fault, Pt. 1” and “All Your Fault, Pt. 2” EPs, which both peaked inside the Top10 and the first part even made it to a Gold certification. Bebe also scored ten entries on the Singles Top40 over the past two and a half years, with “I Got You” being her biggest hit to date (#1 for one week, certified with Platinum), followed by “Home”, a collaboration with Machine Gun Kelly and X Ambassadors (#1 for one week, certified with Gold), and “In The Name Of Love”, a collaboration with Martin Garrix (#5, also certified with Gold).

The second new entry is a rather surprising one, as it was also a surprise release a week and a half ago: “Everything Is Love” by The Carters, a new project by Beyoncé and Jay-Z. The set arrives at number two, which is Jay-Z’s very first notation on my album charts and only Beyoncé’s second after her self-titled studio album peaked at #3 in the very first week of 2014. Rounding up the new entries is K-Pop star Taeyeon, who arrives at #5 with “Something New”. It’s already her third entry on the Album Top20 within a bit more than a year, as she peaked at #4 last spring with “My Voice” and hit #7 last winter with “This Christmas – Winter Is Coming”, extending her lead as the K-Pop artist with not only the most entries, but also with the most success on the album charts.

There are also two re-entries, both getting a boost through their new singles. Halsey gets a strong start for “Strangers” on the Singles Top40, and her latest album “hopeless fountain kingdom” also makes a strong comeback at #11. Brandi Carlile owns the other re-entry, as her album “By The Way, I Forgive You” is back at #19.

Other talking points this week: Despite only peaking at #7, Ashley Monroe’s “Sparrow” (13-12) proved to be a hit nonetheless and even goes Gold this week, which is the first time in nearly two years an album gets a certification despite peaking that low. “Voicenotes” by Charlie Puth also gets certified with Gold (10-13). Meanwhile, a certification seems nearly impossible to reach now for Lily Allen, as her new album “No Shame” already tumbles down 6-18 in its third week.

1 (NEW) Bebe Rexha – Expectations
Chart Run: *1*- / 1w

2 (NEW) The Carters – Everything Is Love

3 (3) Christina Aguilera – Liberation
Chart Run: *3*-3- / 2w

4 (2) Mike Shinoda – Post Traumatic
Chart Run: *2*-4- / 2w

5 (NEW) Taeyeon – Something New

6 (1) Demi Lovato – Tell Me You Love Me *G*
Chart Run: 2-3-4-7-13-18-16-18-Out-RE 14-*1*-1-6- / 12w

7 (8) My Indigo – My Indigo *G*
Chart Run: *1*-1-2-4-4-5-7-8-8-7- / 10w

8 (7) Shawn Mendes – Shawn Mendes
Chart Run: 2-*1*-4-7-8- / 5w

9 (4) Demi Lovato – Confident *G*
Chart Run: 2-*1*-4-8-12-19-Out-RE 15-12-16-Out-RE 13-18-Out-RE 3-4-9- / 14w

10 (5) 5 Seconds Of Summer – Youngblood
Chart Run: *5*-10- / 2w

11 (RE) Halsey – hopeless fountain kingdom *2xP*
Chart Run: *1*-1-2-1-1-1-1-2-2-3-4-3-5-7-8-9-11-16-18-16-11-14-16-12-9-8-6-6-9-10-7-3-6-8-11-7-9-12-15-18-Out-RE 19-Out-RE 11- / 42w

12 (13) Ashley Monroe – Sparrow *G*Chart Run: 8-11-12-15-*7*-7-8-11-13-12- / 10w

13 (10) Charlie Puth – Voicenotes *G*
Chart Run: *2*-2-4-3-7-10-13- / 7w

14 (9) Loreena McKennitt – Lost Souls *G*
Chart Run: 3-*1*-3-2-6-9-14- / 7w

15 (12) Auri – Auri *G*
Chart Run: *1*-2-1-3-7-10-10-14-16-16-15-17-12-15- / 14w

16 (11) Anne-Marie – Speak Your Mind *G*
Chart Run: *2*-4-6-6-8-9-9-11-16- / 9w

17 (14) Eurovision Song Contest 2018 *G*
Chart Run: 5-7-5-3-*1*-1-3-6-10-13-14-17- / 12w

18 (6) Lily Allen – No Shame
Chart Run: *2*-6-18- / 3w

19 (RE) Brandi Carlile – By The Way, I Forgive You *G*
Chart Run: *1*-1-1-2-4-4-7-9-15-18-12-13-12-17-Out-RE 19- / 15w

20 (16) Demi Lovato – Unbroken *G*
Chart Run: 5-8-Out-RE 10-*4*-7-9-10-Out-RE 16-20- / 9w

Out of Top20
Out (15) Lykke Li – so sad so sexy (2w)
Out (17) Namika – Que Walou (3w)
Out (18) Cardi B – Invasion Of Privacy *G* (9w)
Out (19) Evanescence – Synthesis *G* (18w)
Out (20) The Dark Element (Anette Olzon & Jani Liimatainen) – The Dark Element *P* (24w)

New certifications
”Sparrow” by Ashley Monroe, “Voicenotes” by Charlie Puth and “Unbroken” by Demi Lovato all go GOLD (100+ points)

Tansike
Legend

Postby heppolo » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:01 am

I am surprised it's not number one.
heppolo
Legend

Postby Tansike » Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:14 pm

^ Yeah... she was one of the artists who only had #1s in her discography and now this is already her second song within less than a year which most likely won't top my charts... but to be fair, it was a very competitive week, it's 'just' a live release and it's a song i never fully appreciated.

I think she's slowly releasing a bit too much. There are so many random releases from her and sometimes the less would be more instead of more is more...
Tansike
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:24 am

I listened to your top three songs, and "The Light Is Coming" definitely sounds better now than it did when I first played it. Its chorus is very electronic, almost video-game-esque. "Strangers" I always thought was decent, and "Undertaker" is okay, too.

I actually listened to 5 Seconds of Summer's new album last week, and it wasn't bad. They're not One Direction, but their music is pretty palatable still. "Youngblood" is certainly a highlight from the new LP.

Expected debuts for "Ocean" and "Growing Pains". I think you mentioned that you enjoyed the former considerably more than the latter, but, hopefully, both will grow on you. I think "Growing Pains" is indeed a bit...basic, but I like how she references her past era, and I think the lyrics are fairly relatable for most young adults.

1 (NEW) Ariana Grande feat. Nicki Minaj – The Light Is Coming
2 (NEW) Halsey feat. Lauren Jauregui – Strangers
4 (1) Clean Bandit feat. Demi Lovato – Solo
6 (3) Nicki Minaj feat. Ariana Grande – Bed
8 (12) Ariana Grande – No Tears Left To Cry *G*
10 (4) Evanescence feat. Lindsey Stirling – Hi-Lo
11 (NEW) Demi Lovato – Sober
14 (13) 5 Seconds Of Summer – Youngblood
16 (6) Troye Sivan feat. Ariana Grande – Dance To This
18 (NEW) Martin Garrix feat. Khalid – Ocean
20 (9) Demi Lovato – Tell Me You Love Me *G*
21 (14) Cardi B, Bad Bunny & J Balvin – I Like It
25 (16) Shawn Mendes feat. Khalid – Youth
27 (18) Christina Aguilera feat. Demi Lovato – Fall In Line
29 (24) Eleni Foureira – Fuego
31 (22) Demi Lovato – Give Your Heart A Break *G*
32 (20) Demi Lovato – Cool For The Summer *G*
33 (30) Mikolas Josef – Lie To Me
34 (23) Luis Fonsi feat. Demi Lovato – Échame La Culpa
36 (NEW) Alessia Cara – Growing Pains
37 (19) Shawn Mendes – Nervous
40 (37) Benjamin Ingrosso – Dance You Off

Congrats, Tansike! It's quite funny that your chart has reached this milestone around this time because just this week "Crystallize" tied "Diamonds" as my joint most-played track since 2012, and were it not for your charts that would never have happened. I look forward to six more years of quality charts, with detailed synopses and thorough chart-runs. Bring on six more years of symphonic metal interspersed with soothing electronic instrumentals, the best of dance and pop, and sprinklings of country and folk music. :D

Tansike wrote:^ You know, the Evanescence + Lindsey collaboration is actually already out for over a half year, as it's a song from Evanescence' latest album "Synthesis". Lindsey just wasn't credited on the album, but with the video release they also released a single edit with credits for her (finally). Due to the song being already so 'old' i'm already quite over it, so it won't be #1 for that long i'm afraid :oops:
Ah, noted! :)

Tansike wrote:Also nice to hear your thoughts about "Illuminate", as i felt the same :oops:
Well, when your music is at that level, there's lots of room for improvement, and he does seem to be slowly improving, which is good.
And the category is: LIVE. WORK. POSE!
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby Tansike » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:49 am

JSparksFan wrote:I listened to your top three songs, and "The Light Is Coming" definitely sounds better now than it did when I first played it. Its chorus is very electronic, almost video-game-esque. "Strangers" I always thought was decent, and "Undertaker" is okay, too.

I actually listened to 5 Seconds of Summer's new album last week, and it wasn't bad. They're not One Direction, but their music is pretty palatable still. "Youngblood" is certainly a highlight from the new LP.

Expected debuts for "Ocean" and "Growing Pains". I think you mentioned that you enjoyed the former considerably more than the latter, but, hopefully, both will grow on you. I think "Growing Pains" is indeed a bit...basic, but I like how she references her past era, and I think the lyrics are fairly relatable for most young adults.
Very glad to hear "The Light Is Coming" sounds better now! For me it was once again love at first listen, even though I think this may change soon and it most definitely won't have the same longevity with me like "No Tears Left To Cry" had. Very happy to hear you checked the other two out and enjoyed them a bit.

I feel the same! "Youngblood" is the obvious highlight, but the full album is better than I expected.

Yes, I mentioned that over in your topic. I'm not sure if both will grow on me more and for now it's likely to see them not getting new peaks on my charts. Alessia still has a chance to do so once the album drops though.

JSparksFan wrote:Congrats, Tansike! It's quite funny that your chart has reached this milestone around this time because just this week "Crystallize" tied "Diamonds" as my joint most-played track since 2012, and were it not for your charts that would never have happened. I look forward to six more years of quality charts, with detailed synopses and thorough chart-runs. Bring on six more years of symphonic metal interspersed with soothing electronic instrumentals, the best of dance and pop, and sprinklings of country and folk music. :D
Thank you! Woah, this is really huge! I've seen Lindsey having to re-entries a few days ago (I think on Friday?) with "Crystallize" and "The Arena", and it's obviously always so nice to see her re-appearing on your list. But I never imagined her to be tied with Rihanna's "Diamonds" as your most played track since 2012 - this is really huge! :o That's what I love about this section here, sometimes one discovers a track which ends up as a big hit even though one probably would've never heard it by themselves. Thanks for the nice words <3

JSparksFan wrote:Well, when your music is at that level, there's lots of room for improvement, and he does seem to be slowly improving, which is good.
True! :)
Tansike
Legend

Postby Tansike » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:53 am

It's 1st of July which means half of the year 2018 is already over. So it's time to take a look at some of the most successful & most played songs and albums so far!

I won't give away too many details though, but still wanted to do a short Update with what was hot this year so far.

Mid-Year Report 2018: Singles

With 254 plays, "Across The Sea" by Leaves' Eyes is the most played song of the year so far. But is it also the most successful one? Going by plays, it's followed by "No Tears Left To Cry" by Ariana Grande (237 plays), "Monsters" by Saara Aalto (232 plays) and "Night 13" (218 plays) & "The Space Between" (164 plays), both by Auri. All these songs are currently in the Top15 of the Year-To-Date Charts. Auri aren't the only artist with more than one song so high up on that list, as My Indigo owns two entries as well with "Out Of The Darkness" and "Crash And Burn". Anne-Marie & Marshmello ("Friends"), Elina Nechayeva ("La forza"), Imagine Dragons ("Whatever It Takes"), Nina Kraljic ("Lay You Down") and Noah Cyrus ("Again") all own an entry in the Top10.

Also worth a mention: With 148 plays, "Solo" by Clean Bandit feat. Demi Lovato is already the sixth most played song of the year and is likely to enter the Top10 of the Year-To-Date Charts very soon as well, despite being out for only a few weeks.
Mid-Year Report 2018: Albums

The symphonic metal band Leaves' Eyes also owns the most played album of the year so far, as their "Sign Of The Dragonhead" has 1,001 plays to date, being the first and only to cross the magical 1,000 plays this year. Unsurprisingly, it is followed by My Indigo's "My Indigo" (974 plays) and Auri's "Auri" (797 plays), with The Dark Element's "The Dark Element" coming fourth with 601 plays and Anne-Marie's "Speak Your Mind" coming fifth with 532 plays. These five albums can all be found in the Top10 of the Year-To-Date Charts as well. Other artists in the current Top10: Brandi Carlile ("By The Way, I Forgive You"), Faun ("XV - Best Of"), Halsey ("hopeless fountain kingdom"), Rachel Platten ("Waves") and some various artists (Eurovision Song Contest 2018).
Mid-Year Report 2018: Album Tracks

"Sign Of The Dragonhead" may have the most plays for an album, but the album track with most plays doesn't belong to Leaves' Eyes but My Indigo with "Black Velvet Sun" (117 plays), closely followed by "Indian Summer" (109 plays) from the same album, with "Jomsborg" (94 plays) coming third - the first album track by the aforementioned most played album. Yet another My Indigo track comes fourth with "Star Crossed Lovers" (87 plays) while Rachel Platten's "Collide" is the fifth most played album track of the year so far with 82 plays.
Tansike
Legend

Return to Personal Charts