My Tribute To Carrie Underwood. [#50-#1] COMPLETED!!!

Moderators: JSparksFan, tdc2000, FreakyFlyBry

Which Carrie song will be crowned as my favourite?

Jesus, Take The Wheel
8%
Before He Cheats
50%
Just A Dream
8%
I Know You Won't
25%
Cowboy Casanova
8%

Total votes : 12

Postby JSparksFan » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:29 pm

Second only to Jordin when it comes to my fave Idol graduates, Carrie has been a force to reckon with in Country music since she won the American Idol crown back in May, 2005. Her debut record, Some Hearts, became, and remains the biggest selling solo female Country album to date and multi-platinum follow-ups, Carnival Ride and Play On merely added to Carrie's impressive sales total that stands above 12 million albums in the US alone! With her fourth LP about to be released in May and a hot new single, "Good Girl", soaring up iTunes, I figure it's only fitting to pay tribute to my #5 all-time fave artist.

Last edited by JSparksFan on Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:25 am, edited 18 times in total.
Aretha Franklin was an angel. Her voice helped lift our spirits and at times gave us the soundtrack to cope with our pain.
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby PosziMC2 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:29 pm

Nice pic!
But i dont know which song to pick :lol: :lol:
P=MC2's Top 20
Merci wrote:Poszilicious, pussy served delicious!
PosziMC2
Legend

Postby Star » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:33 pm

I love Before He Cheats but I Know You Won't is epic :(
Star
Sensational

Postby PosziMC2 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:42 pm

Star wrote:I love Before He Cheats but I Know You Won't is epic :(
!!!
P=MC2's Top 20
PosziMC2
Legend

Postby swiftie13 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:11 pm

I am so ready for this. All your countdowns are great and might give me a better look at her discography 8-)
God Bless You... Akipaul> My Week Chart Potterhead.
swiftie13
Legend

Postby Alicepotter » Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:28 am

Cowboy Casanova is epic! 8-)
Alicepotter
The Mockingjay

Postby phoenix98 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:16 am

I'm not super familiar with Carrie's stuff...but I guess I'll check this out...'cause it's yours. <3

I went with "Before He Cheats", but my personal favorite of the voting options is definitely "Just A Dream". (I almost cry every time I listen to it). in fact, my 5 most-played Carrie songs are as follows:

1.) Just A Dream
2.) I Told You So
3.) Independence Day
4.) Some Hearts
5.) Before He Cheats
phoenix98
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:39 pm

PosziMC2 wrote:Nice pic!
But i dont know which song to pick :lol: :lol:
Guess you'll have to take a shot in the dark, then! :lol:

Star wrote:I love Before He Cheats but I Know You Won't is epic :(
Both are unbelievably epic, though I believe one is distinctly stronger. :wink:

swiftie13 wrote:I am so ready for this. All your countdowns are great and might give me a better look at her discography 8-)
Aww, thanks. I hope I can give you a better perspective as to why she stands alongside Taylor in my ranking of fave Country artists. :)

Alicepotter wrote:Cowboy Casanova is epic! 8-)
True tea! 8-)

phoenix98 wrote:I'm not super familiar with Carrie's stuff...but I guess I'll check this out...'cause it's yours. <3

I went with "Before He Cheats", but my personal favorite of the voting options is definitely "Just A Dream". (I almost cry every time I listen to it). in fact, my 5 most-played Carrie songs are as follows:

1.) Just A Dream
2.) I Told You So
3.) Independence Day
4.) Some Hearts
5.) Before He Cheats
Aww, thank you, Paul! And yes, "Just A Dream" even brings a tear or two to my eyes. Oh, and I didn't want to include any covers Carrie did but to make it an even fifty, I let one or two slide by. "Independence Day" was not of those, unfortunately.
Aretha Franklin was an angel. Her voice helped lift our spirits and at times gave us the soundtrack to cope with our pain.
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:48 pm

#50.

Wheel of the World.

#49.

Do You Hear What I Hear?

#48.

Someday When I Stop Loving You.

JSparksFan
Legend

Postby PosziMC2 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:16 pm

Wheel of the World is nice.

Someday When I Stop Loving You is beautiful!
P=MC2's Top 20
PosziMC2
Legend

Postby Spartan » Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:27 pm

I don't know that many Carrie songs but 'Last Name' is my favourite (and not just because it was used in Glee). :P
Spartan
Legend

Postby PosziMC2 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:29 pm

Spartan wrote:I don't know that many Carrie songs but 'Last Name' is my favourite (and not just because it was used in Glee). :P
Last Name is epic! 8-) Love that one!
P=MC2's Top 20
PosziMC2
Legend

Postby edwncastle » Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:06 pm

Just a dream is a very sad song for me and that is why I love it! :lol:

I Told You So is a masterpiece. :o Her voice is amazing in that song OMG! :o

Last name is amazing! I first heard it in glee but when I heard the original version I stopped listening to Glee's version. :wink:

Temporary home is an awesome song! 8-)

I love wasted also! :D
Sara Bareilles & Kacey Musgraves <3
edwncastle
Manager

Postby phoenix98 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:27 am

:o "Independence Day" wasn't deemed Top 50-worthy? :cry: why would you want to make covers ineligible anyway? I couldn't imagine a Whitney countdown without "I Will Always Love You", a Céline countdown without "The Power Of Love", or a Mariah countdown without "Without You" (or "Against All Odds", since I know you love that one).

"Wheel Of The World" = pretty, but a bit dull.

"Do You Hear What I Hear?" = lovely, but it's hard to compete with JLS's epic "cover". ;)

"Someday When I Stop Loving You" = my favorite of this first bunch, though I couldn't say exactly why. the verses are definitely better than the chorus.
phoenix98
Legend

Postby Tiger » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:41 am

#49.

Do You Hear What I Hear?

That is amazing
These foolish games are tearing me apart

My CHART
Tiger
Lover Of (Mostly) Everything Pop

Postby swiftie13 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:23 am

I shall here this later on today after school and see what I think.

EDIT: I got time

Wheel of the World: Really sweet, definitely would listen again! At first the melody seemed to go somewhere and went another way and I felt incomplete but I kinda got used to it, still kind of a weak melody but I really, really like this song. :) They lyrics are nice too but chorus is underwhelming. 7/10

Do You Hear What I Hear?: Starts off blandly. Oh.. not in the mood for Christmas songs right now LOL... I guess I'll here this during the Holiday season...

Someday When I Stop Loving You: Nice guitar in the beginning but again I am not too keen on the melody..a bit too generic in my opinion. (I guess I'll stop using generic when the desert floods an the grass turns blue). The chorus though is amazing... The chorus itself is like 9/10 but overall the rest is a bit underwhelming... 7/10
God Bless You... Akipaul> My Week Chart Potterhead.
swiftie13
Legend

Postby evenborn » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:54 am

Wat a beautiful pic. i love it.
evenborn
Groupie

Postby JSparksFan » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:24 pm

PosziMC2 wrote:Wheel of the World is nice.

Someday When I Stop Loving You is beautiful!
They're both good enough but far below Carrie's true potential.

Spartan wrote:I don't know that many Carrie songs but 'Last Name' is my favourite (and not just because it was used in Glee). :P
Sure, I believe you...not! :lol: I'm actually surprised that you like "Last Name" as many of Carrie's Care Bears consider it a shameless rehash of "Before He Cheats".

edwncastle wrote:Just a dream is a very sad song for me and that is why I love it! :lol:

I Told You So is a masterpiece. :o Her voice is amazing in that song OMG! :o

Last name is amazing! I first heard it in glee but when I heard the original version I stopped listening to Glee's version. :wink:

Temporary home is an awesome song! 8-)

I love wasted also! :D
I think you'll be pleased to know that all of those songs made it. In fact, three ranked quite high. :wink:

phoenix98 wrote::o "Independence Day" wasn't deemed Top 50-worthy? :cry: why would you want to make covers ineligible anyway? I couldn't imagine a Whitney countdown without "I Will Always Love You", a Céline countdown without "The Power Of Love", or a Mariah countdown without "Without You" (or "Against All Odds", since I know you love that one).

"Wheel Of The World" = pretty, but a bit dull.

"Do You Hear What I Hear?" = lovely, but it's hard to compete with JLS's epic "cover". ;)

"Someday When I Stop Loving You" = my favorite of this first bunch, though I couldn't say exactly why. the verses are definitely better than the chorus.
I think the difference is that with the examples you gave, the Vocal Trinity took those songs and made it their own. Even Dolly admits that Whitney took "I Will Always Love You" to a whole new level. And as for Mariah and Céline, I grew up hearing their versions instead of the originals so I'd be compelled to include them.That's me throwing a little hint as to what I've got planned. :wink: With "Independence Day", I consider it Martina's and not Carrie's as I heard Martina's version first and well, I prefer hers. I will say, though, that the two covers I chose to include are two that I consider to be far better than the originals. In fact, one of them was even covered by Céline and I still consider Carrie's cover superior. 8-)

I find all three of the songs that fell so far to be sub-par for Carrie but I'm glad that we agree "Someday When I Stop Loving You" is the best of the batch. As for JLS's "Do You Hear What I Hear?", their version is slightly better but I'm not a huge fan of the song to begin with.

Tiger wrote:#49.

Do You Hear What I Hear?

That is amazing
Amazing, not quite, nice enough, yes. :)

swiftie13 wrote:I shall here this later on today after school and see what I think.

EDIT: I got time

Wheel of the World: Really sweet, definitely would listen again! At first the melody seemed to go somewhere and went another way and I felt incomplete but I kinda got used to it, still kind of a weak melody but I really, really like this song. :) They lyrics are nice too but chorus is underwhelming. 7/10

Do You Hear What I Hear?: Starts off blandly. Oh.. not in the mood for Christmas songs right now LOL... I guess I'll here this during the Holiday season...

Someday When I Stop Loving You: Nice guitar in the beginning but again I am not too keen on the melody..a bit too generic in my opinion. (I guess I'll stop using generic when the desert floods an the grass turns blue). The chorus though is amazing... The chorus itself is like 9/10 but overall the rest is a bit underwhelming... 7/10
Thanks for giving the songs a listen, Horacio! But I hope that this isn't the start of something troubling, with you enjoying the songs at the lower end of the countdown more than the tracks higher up. :-?

evenborn wrote:Wat a beautiful pic. i love it.
Aww, thank you. I think she looks absolutely stunning in that picture too. :)
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:31 pm

#47.

Look At Me.

#46.

Crazy Dreams.

JSparksFan
Legend

Postby phoenix98 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:59 am

JSparksFan wrote:And as for Mariah and Céline, I grew up hearing their versions instead of the originals so I'd be compelled to include them.That's me throwing a little hint as to what I've got planned. :wink:
:o could that mean...an impending Mariah countdown? don't play with my heart like that, Akini...

any rate, Carrie's "Independence Day" >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Martina's

"Look At Me" = hmmm...I'm starting to notice a pattern with your Carrie picks thus far...the first verse gets me all hopeful, and then the chorus hits...and I'm just...unimpressed.

"Crazy Dreams" = cute. fun. not slayed by the chorus, though. (I checked this out before "Look At Me").
phoenix98
Legend

Postby PosziMC2 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:42 am

Look at Me - Not really feeling it at the moment

Crazy Dreams - Now that's more I like it. Go B!tch. 8-) :lol:
P=MC2's Top 20
PosziMC2
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:47 pm

phoenix98 wrote::o could that mean...an impending Mariah countdown? don't play with my heart like that, Akini...

any rate, Carrie's "Independence Day" >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Martina's

"Look At Me" = hmmm...I'm starting to notice a pattern with your Carrie picks thus far...the first verse gets me all hopeful, and then the chorus hits...and I'm just...unimpressed.

"Crazy Dreams" = cute. fun. not slayed by the chorus, though. (I checked this out before "Look At Me").
*Dead* :lol: :lol: :lol: But yes, I was going to do Kelly next since she's my #6 all-time fave artist but I decided to jump to Mariah instead because I really want to share with you guys my MiMi taste. From what I've gathered, it's a whole lot different from many other UKMixers.

And yes, I actually agree with you so far about the choruses being a let down. In fact, the pattern continues until we reach #37. :wink:

PosziMC2 wrote:Look at Me - Not really feeling it at the moment

Crazy Dreams - Now that's more I like it. Go B!tch. 8-) :lol:
Matt, you slay me! :lol: :lol: :lol:
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:51 pm

#45.

That's Where It Is.

#44.

Whenever You Remember.

#43.

We're Young and Beautiful.

JSparksFan
Legend

Postby phoenix98 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:28 pm

now I just want you to speed through Carrie so we can get to Mariah! :lol:

"That's Where It Is" = pretty good! one of the best ones so far. the chorus actually ISN'T a massive let-down ;) her voice is just so fantastic!

"the biggest things in the smallest places..." :o oh my, Carrie! now who exactly is putting his big thing in your small place...?

"Whenever You Remember" = eh. not terrible, not great.

"We're Young And Beautiful" = no. a mess. it's like she's trying to sound like someone else...less talented.
phoenix98
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:42 pm

phoenix98 wrote:now I just want you to speed through Carrie so we can get to Mariah! :lol:

"That's Where It Is" = pretty good! one of the best ones so far. the chorus actually ISN'T a massive let-down ;) her voice is just so fantastic!

"the biggest things in the smallest places..." :o oh my, Carrie! now who exactly is putting his big thing in your small place...?

"Whenever You Remember" = eh. not terrible, not great.

"We're Young And Beautiful" = no. a mess. it's like she's trying to sound like someone else...less talented.
You of all people should know that my countdowns finish fairly quickly so no need to worry! Blink and this will probably be over. :lol:

Paul, why you so nasty? Twisting that poor, little innocent lyric into something it clearly isn't. :lol:

I'm actually surprised that you found "We're Young and Beautiful" to be a "mess". It's nothing amazing but I think it's decent enough. And who exactly were you throwing shade at with that remark? Jessica Simpson?
JSparksFan
Legend

Return to Personal Charts