My Tribute To Mariah Carey. [#135-#1] COMPLETED!!!

Moderators: trebor, tdc2000, JSparksFan, FreakyFlyBry

Which Mariah song will be crowned my favourite?

Vision of Love
11%
If It's Over
11%
Hero
7%
All I Want For Christmas Is You
No votes
Always Be My Baby
15%
Butterfly
11%
Against All Odds (Take A Look At Me Now)
4%
We Belong Together
41%

Total votes : 27

Postby JSparksFan » Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:58 am

With a career spanning more than two decades and with record sales above 200 million, Mariah Carey has been one of the premiere female artists of the past twenty-plus years. Since her debut, Mariah has experienced countless career highs, including being crowned "Artist of the Decade" for the 90's as well as having the honour of "Song of the Decade" in the US both in the 90's with "One Sweet Day" and in the 00's with "We Belong Together". There have been numerous MiMi countdowns so I felt it only fitting to pay tribute to this incredible talent and share my faves with all of you. Coming soon...

Last edited by JSparksFan on Mon May 07, 2012 6:00 am, edited 36 times in total.
Akini's Top 25 Artists of 2018: [#1 Revealed!]

The broken world waits in darkness for the light that is you.
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby swiftie13 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:17 am

Cannot wait! One of my all time favourite female artists! 8-) She's got the voice and face of an angel!
    -=-=-=-=Image-=-=-=-=
God Bless You... Akipaul> My Week Chart Potterhead.
swiftie13
Legend

Postby Tripolis » Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:09 am

Looking forward to this. 8-)

I don't really know how your MiMi taste is like, but my favourite of the poll options is "Butterfly" - it's in my top 3 Mariah songs. Voted for "Butterfly".
Tripolis
Manager

Postby BeeFan » Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:41 am

Yay :D to a countdown of yours I finally can comment on... just because I don't know any of Carrie Underwood's work :wink:
BeeFan
Manager

Postby Tiger » Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:57 am

We Belong Together
These foolish games are tearing me apart

My CHART
Tiger
Lover Of (Mostly) Everything Pop

Postby BeeFan » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:34 am

oh, don't know why but I choose Against All Odds
BeeFan
Manager

Postby PosziMC2 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:42 am

<3 <3 The Queen of Queens 8-) 8-)
P=MC2's Top 20
Merci wrote:Poszilicious, pussy served delicious!
PosziMC2
Legend

Postby stevyy » Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:13 pm

yay, another Mariah countdown. I cannot wait to see which songs you prefer.
stevyy
Legend

Postby ANH » Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:18 pm

stevyy wrote:yay, another Mariah countdown. I cannot wait to see which songs you prefer.
+1 :D
|do you want more?
can you commit to be my everything?
ANH
Superstar

Postby GoodBoyGoneBad » Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:15 pm

My guess: Always Be My Baby.
GoodBoyGoneBad
Louise Oriole

Postby phoenix98 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:35 pm

"it's a special occasion,
Akini's revelation,
a cause for celebration..."

it hasn't even started, but I already know this is going be your greatest, most epic countdown ever :D I'm pretty sure our Mariah tastes won't be perfectly in-sync, but I'm still VERY much looking forward to learning what you consider to be her finest moments.

speaking of, I know you love "If It's Over", "Against All Odds", and "We Belong Togehter"...so the poll was a bit tricky...but I finally went with WBT. <3
phoenix98
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:30 am

Glad to see so many supporters already! I'm still putting the final touches on the countdown so this won't start 'til Monday or Tuesday. The main countdown will feature my 100 fave MiMi songs but I'll also reveal the songs that failed to crack the Top 100.

swiftie13 wrote:Cannot wait! One of my all time favourite female artists! 8-) She's got the voice and face of an angel!
Yes. I imagine angels must sound like MiMi when she sings in her whistle register.

Tripolis wrote:Looking forward to this. 8-)

I don't really know how your MiMi taste is like, but my favourite of the poll options is "Butterfly" - it's in my top 3 Mariah songs. Voted for "Butterfly".
"Butterfly" is indeed an amazing choice. It's one of my newer MiMi discoveries, actually. I heard the song for the first time back in October/November of last year.

BeeFan wrote:Yay :D to a countdown of yours I finally can comment on... just because I don't know any of Carrie Underwood's work :wink:
I'm glad to have you following this! :)

Tiger wrote:We Belong Together
We do? But I hardly know you... Just kidding, Maaian! Great pick! :wink:

BeeFan wrote:oh, don't know why but I choose Against All Odds
Wonderful cover that's a million times better than the original. 8-)

PosziMC2 wrote:<3 <3 The Queen of Queens 8-) 8-)
Yes. She's a legend amongst legends. 8-)

ANH wrote:
stevyy wrote:yay, another Mariah countdown. I cannot wait to see which songs you prefer.
+1 :D
Glad to have you two on board for the ride! :D

GoodBoyGoneBad wrote:My guess: Always Be My Baby.
Wise pick! :wink:

phoenix98 wrote:"it's a special occasion,
Akini's revelation,
a cause for celebration..."

it hasn't even started, but I already know this is going be your greatest, most epic countdown ever :D I'm pretty sure our Mariah tastes won't be perfectly in-sync, but I'm still VERY much looking forward to learning what you consider to be her finest moments.

speaking of, I know you love "If It's Over", "Against All Odds", and "We Belong Togehter"...so the poll was a bit tricky...but I finally went with WBT. <3
I'm anxious to hear your thoughts on some of my sure-to-be controversial rankings! Ooh, smart choice in "We Belong Together". :wink:

JSparksFan
Legend

Postby PosziMC2 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:33 am

JSparksFan wrote:Glad to see so many supporters already!
What did yo uexpect from a Mimi countdown! :lol: :lol: This thread will reach like 2000 pages :lol: :lol:
P=MC2's Top 20
PosziMC2
Legend

Postby swiftie13 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:33 pm

I suspect, and am probably the only one, that If IT's Over will take the crown.
swiftie13
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:27 pm

I can honestly say that I am super excited to do this! I've been through all of MiMi's albums except for Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel, which I'm going to go through thoroughly tonight and start the countdown tomorrow. It amazes me how many absolute gems were unknown to me prior to this countdown. In fact, I'd even go as far as to say that Mariah has become my second-fave artist in this short space of time! :o

PosziMC2 wrote:What did you expect from a Mimi countdown! :lol: :lol: This thread will reach like 2000 pages :lol: :lol:
The power of the lambs. 8-)

swiftie13 wrote:I suspect, and am probably the only one, that If IT's Over will take the crown.
You usually know the winner beforehand so this will be a true testament of your guessing capabilities. :wink:

JSparksFan
Legend

Postby swiftie13 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:44 pm

JSparksFan wrote:I can honestly say that I am super excited to do this! I've been through all of MiMi's albums except for Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel, which I'm going to go through thoroughly tonight and start the countdown tomorrow. It amazes me how many absolute gems were unknown to me prior to this countdown. In fact, I'd even go as far as to say that Mariah has become my second-fave artist in this short space of time! :o

swiftie13 wrote:I suspect, and am probably the only one, that If IT's Over will take the crown.
You usually know the winner beforehand so this will be a true testament of your guessing capabilities. :wink:
:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o WHAT?!?1 SO quick! WOW! Like only behind Britney?!?! CRAZY, well I'm rather happy, better her, than, You-Know-Who :lol: :P 8-) Well I guess she now makes it a fierce five instead of a fab 4? 8-) :D I really am loving her more and more too!

and I hope I am right, I am good at reading you like a book 8-)
swiftie13
Legend

Postby ForeverYoung » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:08 pm

Ohh another MC countdown to follow! Hope you have some nice surprises here, JSparksFan.

Nice to see you guys are becoming bigger fans by the way! *belts "We are Lambily / I got all my lambies with me" like MC* :cool:
ForeverYoung
Manager

Postby JSparksFan » Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:14 am

swiftie13 wrote: :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o WHAT?!?1 SO quick! WOW! Like only behind Britney?!?! CRAZY, well I'm rather happy, better her, than, You-Know-Who :lol: :P 8-) Well I guess she now makes it a fierce five instead of a fab 4? 8-) :D I really am loving her more and more too!

and I hope I am right, I am good at reading you like a book 8-)
Yeah, I know it's sorta quick but that's just how much she's impressed me. I mean, I always knew she was amazing, but exploring her discography made me finally grasp what MiMi's lambs see in her. A true phenom. :cry:

ForeverYoung wrote:Ohh another MC countdown to follow! Hope you have some nice surprises here, JSparksFan.

Nice to see you guys are becoming bigger fans by the way! *belts "We are Lambily / I got all my lambies with me" like MC* :cool:
Trust me, I have lots of surprises, not all I think will be considered nice, though. :lol:

*Dead* :lol: :lol: :lol:

JSparksFan
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:26 am

#135.

Bliss.

#134.

The Wind.

#133.

Loverboy.

Sorry, Matt. :cry:

#132.

Twister.

#131.

How Much.

JSparksFan
Legend

Postby ANH » Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:34 am

No write-ups or are you saving the write-ups for one hundred and beyond?

"Bliss" is cute. As is "Loverboy".
"The Wind" is so jazzy. And so sad. But it's, nonetheless, a beautiful song.
|do you want more?
can you commit to be my everything?
ANH
Superstar

Postby PosziMC2 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:33 am

P=MC2's Top 20
PosziMC2
Legend

Postby Tripolis » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:41 am

Bliss : One of the decent songs from "Rainbow". It's ranked quite appropriately though as I don't really regard this as a gem in Mariah's discography at all. 5/10.

The Wind : One of my favourites from "Emotions" and one of the few tracks I don't skip. It's ranked about 64 places too low. 6.5/10.

Loverboy : Mariah's weakest lead single. BY FAR. This track is cringeworthy and despite it being a fun track, I find it a shame that Mariah even recorded it in the first place. 3/10.

Twister : Filler track from "Glitter", which is a decent album. The duration of this song is also too short. Don't really like this at all. I skipped it on first listen - and that just says how I feel about this song. 2/10.

How Much : Decent track from "Rainbow". Not my favourite but it still gets plays from time to time. Ranked appropriately. 5/10.
Tripolis
Manager

Postby Tiger » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:49 am

#133.

Loverboy.

I like that :oops:
These foolish games are tearing me apart

My CHART
Tiger
Lover Of (Mostly) Everything Pop

Postby swiftie13 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:48 am

Bliss - It's kinda bland, not one of my favourites from Rainbow, which is also not one of my favourites :lol: (Hotmesbow)

The Wind - Can get a bit boring but I really like her vocals in it and the intro!

Loverboy - -_- This song is such a jam! Should be way higher! :lol: :lol: Even though I think the remix is horrible, the original is great!

Twister - I like the melody but after a while, the fact that there's no percussion can get overwhelming for me :lol: One of the few I sometimes skip in Glitter.

How Much - Once again, not one of my favourites (featuring Usher right?)

So far good, I guess, more bad than good ones are out.

Emotions - 1
Glitter - 2
Rainbow - 2

I hope to see more Rainbow out.. :lol: :lol:
swiftie13
Legend

Postby stevyy » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:50 am

I looove Twister.. It so reminds me of 2001. I think it's my trademark 2001 song. When I listen to it, it reminds me of everything 2001, how I felt and what not.

The Wind is epic too. It's real classy.

Bliss and How Much to me are unfinished mixtapes of songs that could have been way better.

Loverboy is a song I still listen to. It makes me feel happy. It's great for summer.
stevyy
Legend

Return to Personal Charts