Meet Me Halfway
40%
The Time (Dirty Bit)
No votes
Boom Boom Pow
No votes

Total votes : 5

Postby larces » Fri May 25, 2012 9:20 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

50. Simple Little Melody
1 + 1 + 1 = 3
1 + 1 = 2
1 + 3 = 4
1, 4, 1, 4, 1
1 + 1 + 1 = 3
3 + 1 = 4 = B.E.P b*tch
Such a great intro to this countdown, isn't it? :lol:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

49. My Style (feat. Justin Timberlake)
Another collobration between the Peas and Justin is yet to come on this countdown ;)

48. Rockin' To The Beat
The perfomance of it on the The E.N.D. World Tour was really cool, although the song itself is eww

47. Ba Bump
I'll give you what you want, c'mon!

46. Phenomenon
Cannot understand how this was just a bonus track on the super deluxe edition of 'The Beginning' :-? It is way better than half of the original album!
Last edited by larces on Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:49 pm, edited 11 times in total.
larces
Legend

Postby GoodBoyGoneBad » Sat May 26, 2012 6:33 am

Simple Little Melody sounds kinda crazy... I like it!
GoodBoyGoneBad
Louise Oriole

Postby larces » Sat May 26, 2012 8:46 pm

45. Fly Away
Don't know what to say about this one to be honest.

44. Take It Off
It leaked under the name 'Grapes' before getting officially released. After the first listen, I though WTF is this? :lol: But it grew on me and now I really appreciate it. Lyrically and musically-wise this is as crazy as some of their old stuff. Their recent songs definaitely miss this special something :(

43. Don't Bring Me Down
One of those feel-good songs. Always gets me in a happy mood :D

42. Showdown
Could be the theme song to this countdown 8-)

41. If You Want Love
Think not many people know this song >>>Listen to If You Want Love
larces
Legend

Postby GoodBoyGoneBad » Sun May 27, 2012 8:45 am

Don't Bring Me Down is my favorite from the last bunch of songs.
GoodBoyGoneBad
Louise Oriole

Postby larces » Sun May 27, 2012 8:51 am

GoodBoyGoneBad wrote:Simple Little Melody sounds kinda crazy... I like it!
GoodBoyGoneBad wrote:Don't Bring Me Down is my favorite from the last bunch of songs.
Seems like you really enjoy the bonus track of The E.N.D. 8-)
larces
Legend

Postby larces » Wed May 30, 2012 5:00 pm

38. Ring-A-Ling
I used to really like this but with time it got a bit monotone :-?

39. Do What You Want
Whenever this comes on, I have to turn up the volume til maximum :D

40. Union (feat. Sting)
To say in other words: Where Is The Love? 2.0 :) Sting and the sample fit perfectly to the song.
larces
Legend

Postby GoodBoyGoneBad » Wed May 30, 2012 5:31 pm

larces wrote:
GoodBoyGoneBad wrote:Simple Little Melody sounds kinda crazy... I like it!
GoodBoyGoneBad wrote:Don't Bring Me Down is my favorite from the last bunch of songs.
Seems like you really enjoy the bonus track of The E.N.D. 8-)
I really do. :P
GoodBoyGoneBad
Louise Oriole

Postby larces » Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:11 am

37. Be That Way (Complicated)
A left-over from the The E.N.D. sessions that anyway would not have fit in the album in my opinion. However, I really like it although I still cannot figure out most of the lyrics :lol:
>>> Listen to Be That Way (Complicated)

36. Play It Loud
I know, actually this is a will.i.am song, but it's sooo good :D Love the ooh-ooh parts. Could be even better if he wouldn't have used too much autotune.

35. Do It Like This
The switch-up/breakdown is insane :o
Last edited by larces on Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
larces
Legend

Postby ThomyX » Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:19 am

Ooh, I'll follow this countdown! The latest few are great, 'Play It Loud' is one of my faves on 'The Beginning' and I like 'Do It Like This' as well but only until the change, the second part is a bit of a mess for me. :lol: I haven't heard 'Simple Little Melody' and 'Be That Way' before, thanks for introducing them to me, they're quite nice! I'm looking forward to the rest. 8-)
ThomyX
Superstar

Postby larces » Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:01 pm

ThomyX wrote:I haven't heard 'Simple Little Melody' and 'Be That Way' before, thanks for introducing them to me, they're quite nice! I'm looking forward to the rest. 8-)
One mostly unknown song is yet to come, so stay tuned ;)
larces
Legend

Postby larces » Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:04 pm

34. Someday (Knight & Day)
It was featured in the film Knight & Day but somehow it was not on the official soundtrack. So the anticipation for The Beginning was increased when the tracklist, including Someday, was reveled. "Unfortunately" it turned out to be a completly different song.
Such a shame that it never got released since it's so damn good :cry: Could have been the summer hit of 2010 8-)
>>> Listen to Someday (Knight & Day) This is a live recording, I cannot find a link to the studio version (yes, they performed it live at some clubs)

33. Disco Club
This is hot, especially Fergie who is on fire :D Nothing more to say!

32. Light Up The Night
It was the 2nd promotional single in the countdown to The Beginning. It's not one of the highlights of the album but also not a letdown like a few others.
Last edited by larces on Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
larces
Legend

Postby ThomyX » Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:28 pm

I totally agree with what you wrote about 'Light Up The Night', it's a decent track on 'The Beginning', but I'd probably rank it higher than 'Disco Club', which I find a bit repetitive. 'Someday' is a nice surprise, it's another BEP track that I haven't heard before, but it sounds good, I'd like to listen to its studio version. :D
ThomyX
Superstar

Postby larces » Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:29 pm

ThomyX wrote:I totally agree with what you wrote about 'Light Up The Night', it's a decent track on 'The Beginning', but I'd probably rank it higher than 'Disco Club'
I have ranked it higher than Disco Club ;) I've just messed up the order while the # were right :lol:
larces
Legend

Postby ThomyX » Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:40 pm

larces wrote:
ThomyX wrote:I totally agree with what you wrote about 'Light Up The Night', it's a decent track on 'The Beginning', but I'd probably rank it higher than 'Disco Club'
I have ranked it higher than Disco Club ;) I've just messed up the order while the # were right :lol:
Oh really, sorry, my bad :lol: I was looking at the order and not the numbers lol
ThomyX
Superstar

Postby JimJim » Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:16 am

I didn't know 'Grapes' became a bonus track on 'The Beginning' under another name :o

Good to see some appreciation for 'Play It Loud', an understated and underrated album track.
JimJim
Elusive Chanteuse

Postby larces » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:37 pm

31. Someday
Love the intro :D I'm still surprised that they put out a song with no Fergie on it but all the other Peas.

30. Electric Ciry
The beat is dope, the 'kill it with the sound' part is so addictice, and last but not least Fergie's legendary line makes this song what it is :lol:

29. Now Generation
Song of my generation. *And I just can't way, I want it immediately* :roll:
larces
Legend

Postby larces » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:44 pm

JimJim wrote:I didn't know 'Grapes' became a bonus track on 'The Beginning' under another name :o

Good to see some appreciation for 'Play It Loud', an understated and underrated album track.
Now you know ;) Glad you like Play It Loud, too :P
larces
Legend

Postby larces » Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:51 pm

28. Where Ya Wanna Go
The last bonus track to fall in this countdown. I have always thought that this song perfectly shows their development from classic instruments to heavy electro beats. And I am still wondering where they wanna go for the next album :)

27. Party All The Time
It's very similar to 'I Gotta Feeling' but not as good. I love the part where will's voice gets pitched :D

26. Love You Long Time
Love You Long Time is one of my favourites from The Beginning. Its lyrics are quite good but once again I have to admit that I dislike the autotune :-?
larces
Legend

Postby ThomyX » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:16 pm

Someday, Electric City and Now Generation are all amazing, I would've liked to see them a bit higher! Where Ya Wanna Go and Love You Long Time are both great, but I'm not too keen on Party All The Time, that one is a skipper for me! :) Can't wait for the rest!
ThomyX
Superstar

Postby larces » Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:27 am

ThomyX wrote:Someday, Electric City and Now Generation are all amazing, I would've liked to see them a bit higher!
They were higher on my list made up of favour. But I decided to also include my play counts from iTunes and then combined them. Thought this would represent it all in a better way. Though there were only a few changes :wink:
larces
Legend

Postby GoodBoyGoneBad » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:26 am

Love You Long Time should have been a single!
GoodBoyGoneBad
Louise Oriole

Postby larces » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:55 pm

GoodBoyGoneBad wrote:Love You Long Time should have been a single!
I think there were three better songs that should have been singles :)
larces
Legend

Postby larces » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:57 pm

25. Gone Going
Breaking into the Top25, we have 'Gone Going'. Its lyrics are often quoted when someone speaks about the Peas being sellouts now. But who isn't a sellout nowadays?!

24. Labor Day (It's A Holiday)
Always been a favourite of mine and I would have loved to see this one getting the single treatment as the fifth single off Elephunk :D

23. Mas Que Nada (Sergio Mendes feat. The Black Eyed Peas)
The first single to fall in this countdown: They took an old samba song and remixed. It was my summer jam 2006 8-)
P.S. Nobody does Lalalalala like Fergie :P
larces
Legend

Postby Tiger » Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:48 am

23. Mas Que Nada (Sergio Mendes feat. The Black Eyed Peas)

Black Eyed Peas good song shocker
These foolish games are tearing me apart

My CHART
Tiger
Lover Of (Mostly) Everything Pop

Postby toni_pest » Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:49 am

Mas Que Nada was huge here in Croatia, I kinda like it. :D
:)
toni_pest
Coming Soon

Return to Personal Charts