Where Have You Been
8%
Breakin' Dishes
12%
Unfaithful
8%

Total votes : 25

Postby toni_pest » Thu May 31, 2012 2:10 am

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Seeing all of you doing some tributes, countdowns and stuff I decided to do Rihanna as I have all of her albums on my computer and I love doing any kind of charts and countdowns. She has released some pretty amazing tracks, but it's a shame she has an annoying personality so she'll never have me as her stan.

It'll start in a few days and I hope you'll enjoy it. :D

P.S. Don't hope to see any of the album tracks form the first two albums ;)
Last edited by toni_pest on Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:05 pm, edited 13 times in total.
:)
toni_pest
Coming Soon

Postby JSparksFan » Thu May 31, 2012 2:19 am

I'm totally excited for this. Rihanna's one of my fave artists (probably #4 overall after Britney, Mariah, and Whitney) so I'll definitely be following this.

Having done a Rihanna tribute myself, I'm a tad disappointed that my #1, "Only Girl (In The World), doesn't have a chance at your top spot but "Umbrella" is equally epic so I'll be gunning for that one!

Great presentation, by the way! :wink:
Akini's Top 25 Artists of 2018: [#1 Revealed!]

The broken world waits in darkness for the light that is you.
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby ANH » Thu May 31, 2012 2:41 am

"What's My Name (Feat. Drake)" is Rihanna's best song, IMO.
Hope that does well.
|do you want more?
can you commit to be my everything?
ANH
Superstar

Postby Gagich » Thu May 31, 2012 10:29 am

I think Where Have You Been is your #1! :D

Good luck with ranking all of Riri`s hit songs cause it`s so HARD!
Gagich
Drunk In Love

Postby Hermes » Thu May 31, 2012 12:09 pm

It's hard to rank Rihanna's songs. So many of them are outstanding. But I'll support Hard as I think it is her best song ( such an anthem... 8-) ), hope it does well ! :D

Btw, nice presentation ! 8-)
Hermes
Manager

Postby GoodBoyGoneBad » Thu May 31, 2012 6:29 pm

I'm ready for this. 8-)
GoodBoyGoneBad
Louise Oriole

Postby JSparksFan » Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:54 am

Roll It: 5.5/10 - The Queen of Soca, Alison Hinds does this song best and I always thought the J-Status version was a watered down, cheap remake of the epic original.

If It's Lovin' That You Want: 7/10 - If I had a dollar for every time I heard this on the radio, I'd be richer than Oprah but it's still a decent track. The music video's cute too.

Hate That I Love You: 8.5/10 - Good Girl Gone Bad had tons more single-worthy tracks but this song has actually grown on me over the years. I can definitely relate to it more now.

Winning Women: 3/10 - At first I felt bad because as a devout RiRi fan, I was a bit taken aback when I realized I hadn't heard of this song before but after listening to it, I'm actually grateful. Ignorance is bliss. :lol:

Princess of China: 8.5/10 - It's the best track on Coldplay's most recent album and Rihanna's verse is easily the highlight. Can't wait for this to explode.

JSparksFan
Legend

Postby Tiger » Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:21 am

48 HATE THAT I LOVE YOU [FT. NE-YO]
49 IF IT'S LOVIN' THAT YOU WANT

:D
These foolish games are tearing me apart

My CHART
Tiger
Lover Of (Mostly) Everything Pop

Postby phoenix98 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:21 pm

"If It's Lovin' That You Want" = I really liked this when it first came out, but it's definitely gotten over-shadowed by the far superior material that she's released since!

"Hate That I Love You" = fans usually don't seem too crazy about HTILY, but I actually really like this one too! granted, I really like a LOT of GGGB. I love the light, summery feel this has (makes for a perfect mid-tempo), I love the guitar, and I love how Rihanna and Ne-Yo sound together. they were a perfect match for this song! maybe I can relate to it a bit sometimes too. :oops:

"Winning Women" = just checked this out for the very first time...and...you may have ranked it a bit too high :lol: the chorus is just a mess!

"Princess Of China" = I was really hooked on this when I first heard it, but I grew tired of it really quickly. I've never been a massive Coldplay fan, though.
phoenix98
Legend

Postby toni_pest » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:38 pm

JSparksFan wrote:Winning Women: 3/10 - At first I felt bad because as a devout RiRi fan, I was a bit taken aback when I realized I hadn't heard of this song before but after listening to it, I'm actually grateful. Ignorance is bliss. :lol:
phoenix98 wrote:"Winning Women" = just checked this out for the very first time...and...you may have ranked it a bit too high :lol: the chorus is just a mess!
Nobody likes Winning Women :cry:
toni_pest
Coming Soon

Postby phoenix98 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:48 pm

toni_pest wrote:Nobody likes Winning Women :cry:
it's okay, you're allowed to have a few bad picks ;) at least it's close to the very bottom!
phoenix98
Legend

Postby GoodBoyGoneBad » Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:38 am

If It's Lovin' That You Want sounds so fresh and sweet and Princess Of China is a very cool collaboration.
GoodBoyGoneBad
Louise Oriole

Postby GoodBoyGoneBad » Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:55 am

This buch is filled with great tracks, most of them are too low though...!
GoodBoyGoneBad
Louise Oriole

Postby larces » Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:21 am

Man Down is way too low :(
larces
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:07 pm

Man Down: 9.5/10 - This is way too low, in my opinion. When I first got Loud, this was an instant standout and almost two years later I still love it. The music video is one of RiRi's best and I just love the whole Caribbean-vibe I get especially at the bridge when she sings, Why did I pull de trigger, pull de trigger, pull de trigger, boom! And end a n*gga, end a n*gga life so soon. Epicness.

Te Amo: 8.5/10 - When this first leaked, I didn't think it was so hot but I've grown to really like it over time. The whole Latin-flavour is pretty cute and I guess, for some people (not me though), the video was pretty hot.

All of the Lights: 9/10 - I like this song more for Kanye's rap verses than Rihanna singing the chorus. It's still a great track though and definitely the biggest hit for Kanye that era.

Birthday Cake: 9/10 - For lots of reasons, I didn't want to like this song, but obvious controversies aside, this one's pretty fabulous. Chris sounds so sexy on it and I must admit that the cake, cake, cake, cake, cake, cake, cake, cake bit is totally addictive.

Cheers (Drink To That): 9/10 - Even though I don't drink, this was my Friday night anthem back in 2010/2011. I wished a proper music video had been filmed instead of just using concert footage but it was still a hit for her so no big deal, I guess.

Fantastic batch this time around. 8-)

JSparksFan
Legend

Postby truthless » Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:09 pm

Man Down is wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyy too low... :(
truthless
Once in a lifetime

Postby Shortie » Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:22 pm

I will commment only on the ones I know.

49. If It's Lovin That You Want - what a summer vibe, what a feel good song, what a new great artist at that time. ***spinning it right now*** 8.5/10
48. Hate That I Love You - never been much of a big fan. Reminds me of many other better songs. Guess it's OK. 5/10
45. Man Down - huge at first and so good, but slowly overspinned and lost its magic. Nevertheless, preety good. 7.5/10
44. Te Amo - loved this back then and still do. Such a great and sexy song and my favourite so far. 9.5/10
42. Birthday Cake - not really sure about this. :-? 2/10
41. Cheers (Drink To That) - also a great song. It just makes me want to party. 9/10
Shortie
Personal Assistant

Postby phoenix98 » Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:38 pm

"Man Down" = fans tend to sh*t themselves over this song, but I've never fallen that in love with it...in fact, I'd say it's among my least favorite moments on Loud, so I'm glad to see you didn't over-rate it as most do. its video is pretty powerful, though!

"Te Amo" = now this, on the other hand, is fantastic! so sexy. I was gutted when the US got the dreadful "Rockstar 101" as a single instead.

"Cheers" = another one that fans tend to over-rate, so I'm glad to see it's not TOO high. it was definitely a smart single choice, but I think she's done much better. the use of the Avril sample is pretty creative, though.
phoenix98
Legend

Postby toni_pest » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:42 am

phoenix98 wrote:"Man Down" = fans tend to sh*t themselves over this song, but I've never fallen that in love with it...in fact, I'd say it's among my least favorite moments on Loud. its video is pretty powerful, though!
Agree with all of this, I actually hated it when I first listened to Loud, but it grew on me, still it's one of the worst on the album. Video is pretty much the best thing about the song. :D
toni_pest
Coming Soon

Postby JimJim » Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:13 am

Not too shabby so far, definitely most of these are on the lower end of the Rihanna hit meter.

I would have put 'Hate That I Love You' and 'Cheers' a bit higher though, especially the former.
JimJim
Elusive Chanteuse

Postby Shorty » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:06 am

Love Rihanna countdowns :D

My opinions on the songs I know:

If It's Lovin' That You Want: This is an alright track. I prefer the Part 2 from the AGLM album though.

Hate That I Love You: One of my least faves on GGGB, but it's still cute!

Winning Women: This is a meh song, and I don't like Nicole Scherzinger.

Man Down: Love it! One of my faves on Loud.

Te Amo: Sexy as hell, and I love the lyrics :D

Cheers (Drink To That): Woohoooooo :D One of my fave Ri singles of them all! So catchy and fun and the Avril sample is genius.
I've now met Dean Ambrose FOUR TIMES - 28/03/15, 02/04/16, 20/08/16 & 01/04/17!!
Shorty
Resident WWE Fan

Postby Gagich » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:58 am

GoodBoyGoneBad wrote:This buch is filled with great tracks, most of them are too low though...!
+1

Man Down - epic summer song!

Te Amo - Riri`s biggest hit in Bulgaria... such an underrated tune!

All of the Light - good position

Birthday Cate - cake, cake, cake, cake, cake... :D

Cheers (Drink To That) - too low...

:wink:

P.S.: Great presentation! :)
Gagich
Drunk In Love

Postby Hermes » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:31 pm

Too bad Birthday Cake is too low. The beat is sick, really hot.

Love the other four tracks. :D
Hermes
Manager

Return to Personal Charts