It Won't Be Soon Before Long
7%
Hands All Over
7%
Overexposed
20%

Total votes : 15

Postby BeeFan » Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:26 am

I thought about a new countdown, because the last ones I did have been really fun for me.
Only problem was, I didn't know which act :o since I realized there's barely an act I followed through all its career.
On the other hand, the acts I listen to the most have all been honored with a countdown lately.
But there slowly grew a feeling inside and now I think I'm sure I wanna do this one :lol:

Not sure if anybody will be interested in this, but nevertheless I'm putting things together and will start this any time soon ...dont know how big it will be yet :D
Last edited by BeeFan on Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:25 pm, edited 23 times in total.
BeeFan
Manager

Postby Tripolis » Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:33 am

Excited for this.

I'm rooting for "Payphone", "Misery", "Wipe Your Eyes" and "She Will Be Loved". 8-)
Tripolis
Manager

Postby Haribo » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:32 pm

I didn't know you were a Maroon 5 fan. Well, I am going to follow your countdown. I need to know more about their music. :)
Haribo
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:21 pm

I'm not the biggest Maroon 5 fan so I'll definitely be using this countdown to discover more of their music. :)

"She Will Be Loved" or "This Love" for the win! :D
Akini's Top 25 Artists of 2018: [#1 Revealed!]

The broken world waits in darkness for the light that is you.
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby Tiger » Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:23 am

Lets see it
These foolish games are tearing me apart

My CHART
Tiger
Lover Of (Mostly) Everything Pop

Postby Spartan » Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:46 pm

Love Maroon 5 so this should be good!
Spartan
Legend

Postby BeeFan » Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:50 pm

^^ Thanks for the positive responses so far :D

this is harder than I thought, but I finally made up my mind and got rid of a couple of songs, so that this countdown will be a TOP 40 !!! ...and we're starting right now :lol:

BeeFan
Manager

Postby Hermes » Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:59 pm

That's cool ! I love Maroon 5 ! Can't wait to see your ranking ! 8-)
Hermes
Manager

Postby BeeFan » Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:03 pm

40. NOT COMING HOME

Starting off this countdown with an live-album track taken from their debut-album Songs About Jane.
It's not a bad song, and I kinda like the live feeling, but I always felt it didn't really fit into the album, oddly because of the live aspect.

|

39. OUT OF GOODBYES

Another song which didn't really fit into an album flow. The duet with Lady Antebellum, taken from the album Hands All Over, is a nice ballad, but the country-style wasn't my kind of thing on that album.

|

38. GIVE A LITTLE MORE

Closing this first batch, the second single released from Hands All Over, marks the first single that falls. Pretty weak as single material, I feel this might be one reason the album didn't really have longevity in the first place.... there are so many better tracks on that album.
BeeFan
Manager

Postby Hermes » Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:24 pm

I kind of agree with what you said for Not Coming Home and Out Of Goodbyes. I'd give 6/10 to both songs because they're not bad at all.

However, I can't go along with you for Give A Little More. I don't think it's weak as a single material, it's worth it to me. But I do agree there are better songs on the record. Very good song for me so... 7.5/10. 8-)

Can't wait for the next batch ! :P
Hermes
Manager

Postby BeeFan » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:34 pm

Maybe a better video would have made me like the song more :wink: ...though Adam is freakin' hot as usual, the clip didn't really improve the song

Glad you follow this countdown, thanks :D
BeeFan
Manager

Postby stevyy » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:58 pm

give a little more was a nice song.. i agree that i would have not released it as a single..

out of goodbyes combines country and pop and gets served in a balladry suit. lol.. the female voice of lady antebellum blends perfectly with adam's.

not coming home: this song starts soo rough with basically no harmonies at all. I don't like that. But it developes and actually becomes a nice tune during the first chorus.
stevyy
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:19 pm

Not Coming Home: 5.5/10 - This one was pretty average. Not bad.

Out of Goodbyes: 4.5/10 - Maroon 5 and Lady Antebellum are certainly an odd mix which unfortunately doesn't work...at all.

Give A Little More: 6/10 - This is the best of the batch, but considering how weak this set was, that's not saying much. :lol: I do lie the video though. Adam Levine is so hot. :oops:
Akini's Top 25 Artists of 2018: [#1 Revealed!]

The broken world waits in darkness for the light that is you.
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby stevyy » Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:20 pm

JSparksFan wrote: Adam Levine is so hot. :oops:
dahling, he cud do anything with me. :oops:
stevyy
Legend

Postby BeeFan » Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:23 am

stevyy wrote:
JSparksFan wrote: Adam Levine is so hot. :oops:
dahling, he cud do anything with me. :oops:
no need to feel ashamed :lol: he's freakin' hotttt :P

Thanks for following and commenting... next batch coming soon
BeeFan
Manager

Postby BeeFan » Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:09 am

37. FORTUNE TELLER

The first song to fall from the new album Overexposed. The intro reminds of a dance track and I'm not a big fan of the verses, only reason for charting this track at all is the catchy chorus :lol:

|

36. LAST CHANCE

Taken from the Deluxe version of the Hands All Over album. It' a nice track with a good chorus, but it's not missed on the regular version.

|

35. SECRET

There falls another song taken from the debut album.
I know the lenght of a song shouldn't bother, but the half and a minute lasting intro can be quite annoying from time to time. Once you've worked your way through it, there waits a pretty great, laid back, R&B and jazz influenced track.
BeeFan
Manager

Postby Tripolis » Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:23 am

Wasn't impressed at all by "Give A Little More" when it was released. *goes to listen to it again*... still not impressed. Next.

"Fortune Teller" falling already? :o I thought that was a fan favourite and would have been rather high in your countdown. It's not my favourite song from Overexposed, but it's definitely a great track with a very unique melody.

The others are just.. okay. Nothing special about them so I think you probably ranked them appropriately. :)
Tripolis
Manager

Postby GoodBoyGoneBad » Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:39 am

Give A Little More was such a wrong single choice...!
GoodBoyGoneBad
Louise Oriole

Postby BeeFan » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:37 pm

34. BACK AT YOUR DOOR

The first song to fall from the sophomore album It Won't Be Soon Before Long.
Though I like the structure of the song, it's pretty average and not really a highlight from the album.

|

33. WAKE UP CALL

Another song from the second album, and another single that falls.
Just like Give A Little More, I felt this wasn't the best second single choice.
Nevertheless the video made me like the song :wink:

|

32. HARDER TO BREATHE

There falls the debut single and the start to a successfull career :D
Can't believe it's almost ten years. Back then, this song didn't really do anything for me, since rock wasn't my type of music. Nevertheless it had to chart on here, because, as I said, it was the start to a lot... The only thing that caught my attention, ten years ago, was the hot singer :lol: ...anyway the song grew on me.
Luckily the music got better and the singer got even hotter... but we'll come to that point later on :wink:
Last edited by BeeFan on Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BeeFan
Manager

Postby Tiger » Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:07 am

33. WAKE UP CALL

Funky song that
These foolish games are tearing me apart

My CHART
Tiger
Lover Of (Mostly) Everything Pop

Postby BeeFan » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:48 pm

31. LOVE SOMEBODY

There goes a song tken from the new album Overexposed.
It's a nice pop-song but it gets boring from time to time.

|

30. WIPE YOUR EYES

And yet another song from the Overexposed album falls.
Taken from the deluxe edition, it's a good song but the hindi-theme really gets annyoing sometimes, so I couldn't rank it much higher.

|

29. GOODNIGHT GOODNIGHT

Taken from the band's second album and released as the last single off of that album, this marks one of the most interesting videos from Maroon 5. Not a new idea, for sure, but the "before/after" theme totally fits and makes it an interesting watch. The song isn't bad either :wink:
BeeFan
Manager

Postby Timmy94 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:43 pm

Harder To Breathe only at No. 32 :o ?
This song should've easily been inside the top 10, it's one of their best, so I don't get how you don't like it that much...

And it caught your attention because of the singer...
Timmy94
Legend

Postby BeeFan » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:53 pm

Timmy94 wrote:Harder To Breathe only at No. 32 :o ?
This song should've easily been inside the top 10, it's one of their best, so I don't get how you don't like it that much...

And it caught your attention because of the singer...
Thanks for your grammatical advices and sorry for my mistake :)

As I said, rock wasn't my type of music at all back in the day. The fact it still charted shows that the song really grew on me. ...some other songs didn't make the TOP 40, so every entry is a little success :wink: today I feel, it isn't a bad song, but they do have better ones, that's why it's so low
BeeFan
Manager

Postby Spartan » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:35 pm

I think Love Somebody is probably my least favourite on Overexposed, love Wipe You Eyes though!

Harder To Breathe and Goodnight Goodnight are far too low. :wink:
Spartan
Legend

Postby BeeFan » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:59 pm

^^ obviously ya'll aren't too d'acore with my ranking :wink:

28. WASTED YEARS

Did you know that this song was actually planned for their debut album? Almost ten years later it's released as a bonus track for the Overexposed album. I kind like the throwback feeling of it.

|

27. UNTIL YOU'RE OVER ME

Next falls a bonus track from the band's second album, It Won't Be Soon Before Long.
I've always loved the bonus songs and felt they were better than some songs that made it onto the actual album.

|

26. I CAN'T LIE

Another song from the album Hands All Over. It's such an underrated album in my opinion. This catchy tracks makes its way directly to ones ears and won't leave too fast.
BeeFan
Manager

Return to Personal Charts