Spartan's Girls Aloud Party #finished

Moderators: JSparksFan, tdc2000, FreakyFlyBry

Postby Spartan » Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:20 pm

Image Image Image Image Image

COMING SOON............
Last edited by Spartan on Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:35 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Spartan
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:43 pm

I am here for this! 8-)
And the category is: LIVE. WORK. POSE!
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby SholasBoy » Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:46 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: You picked a nice pic of Kim-bore-ly and the rest are pretty much how I picture them :lol: Interested to see what this is all about, I quite liked them when they first came out.
SholasBoy
Chief Wig Snatcher

Postby toni_pest » Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:51 pm

Only know their singles but I'll be following this.
:)
toni_pest
Coming Soon

Postby Tiger » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:26 am

These foolish games are tearing me apart

My CHART
Tiger
Lover Of (Mostly) Everything Pop

Postby Spartan » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:21 pm

Thanks for all the interest. :)

#bitchesbeready

ITINERARY
- Countdown of the the 50 most gaymazing Girls Aloud songs
- Top 5 moments from Chezza
- Top 5 moments from Kimba
- Top 5 moments from Nuhdeen
- Top 5 moments from Ginge
- Top 5 moments from Sarah
- Best Girls Aloud live performances
- Best Girls Aloud gifs
- Girls Aloud Awards
Spartan
Legend

Postby Spartan » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:41 pm

Here's your first bunch of songs, feel free to check any out that you don't know!

50. JE PARLE PAS FRANCAIS
["Can't Speak French" b-side]

Starting off the countdown, we have Je Parle Pas Français at #50 which, for those of you who aren't adept in French, means "I Can't Speak French". This was the b-side to that single but somehow manages to exceed the quality of the single. Though I like the original I find it a bit repetitive which is why the French-speaking version is a nice little twist on it. Though the girls clearly can't speak French, it's funny hearing them attempt to try it - especially Nadine.

49. ALL I NEED (ALL I DON'T)
["Sound Of The Underground" album track]

At #49, we find the first album track from Sound Of The Underground. Frankly this is one of the very few highlights of a fairly generic pop album. It's a nice, electro-pop number but nothing overly-amazing. I love the lyrics to this song, and the bridge builds up into a decent chorus. But the verses are the best thing about the song, even if it's mainly Cheryl and Sarah singing.

48. DEADLINES AND DIETS
["What Will The Neighbours Say" album track]

Nadine's smokey vocals rise this song above being a generic ballad, especially in the first verse: "it's 3am and you still look gorgeous". Her vocals on this verse makes Cheryl's verse sound a lot worse in comparison (even though it's actually quite good). My only issue with this song is that I find the chorus quite bland, plus it would have been nice to hear a more substantial middle eight. Other than that, Deadlines and Diets is one of standouts from the girls' sophomore effort.

47. I'M FALLING
["Tangled Up" album track]

From Tangeled Up comes one of my favourite album tracks, one that doesn't seem too popular with other Girls Aloud fans. I'm Falling is an electro-infused track from one of the girls' best albums. The chorus manages to be one of the girls' catchiest to date and certainly drummed itself into my head after one listen, rhyming "running" with "throbbing" is Xenomania genius, plus the "I need some va va voom to get me out of this room, it's gotten too small for me" line is simply stunning. It's a shame the verses don't match the quality of the chorus. If they did, then I'm Falling would certainly be a lot higher on this countdown.

46. LOVE MACHINE
["What Will The Neighbours Say" single. UK peak: #2]

Probably quite an unpopular opinion but I always found this song to be overrated. It's probably one of the girls' most well-known singles but it's not outstanding in my opinion. Love Machine doesn't shy away from being a fun little number with some catchy lyrics and a good dance routine. The video is joyous to watch and it'll be stuck in your head for damn eternity but it's rather superficial with not much substance in my opinion.
Spartan
Legend

Postby PosziMC2 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:43 pm

YAS QUEEN KIMBA <3
P=MC2's Top 20
Merci wrote:Poszilicious, pussy served delicious!
PosziMC2
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:00 am

Love the itinerary! :lol:

Je Ne Parle Pas Français: 3/10 - Wow, that title is no misnomer. :lol: I didn't like this one partly because I didn't understand a word but mostly because it sounded so dry.

All I Need (All I Don't): 5/10 - I'd say this one was a bit below average for me. It didn't go anywhere. I sincerely felt like they were stuck in the same key for three and a half minutes.

Deadlines & Diets: 6/10 - Girls Aloud are always better when Nadine plays a prominent role but this one sounded sort of flat for me. The vocals were just so lazy-sounding on the chorus.

I'm Falling: 8/10 - :lol: at the girls repeating verses. That was such lazy writing. The production is wonderful and makes up for it though.

Love Machine: 9/10 - Catchy and fun! I can see why it's such a fan favourite. Easily the best of the batch.
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby Spartan » Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:57 pm

^ YES @ you checking out all the songs. <3
I forgot to mention to repeating of verses in I'm Falling. So lazy!

New batch coming tonight.
Spartan
Legend

Postby SholasBoy » Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:08 pm

Deadlines and Diets was a song I quite liked and Love Machine is one of their better singles
SholasBoy
Chief Wig Snatcher

Postby Spartan » Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:26 pm

SholasBoy wrote:Deadlines and Diets was a song I quite liked and Love Machine is one of their better singles
I didn't actually have you down as a fan of theirs, but thanks for commenting. :D
Spartan
Legend

Postby Spartan » Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:27 pm

45. WAKE ME UP
["What Will The Neighbours Say" single. Peak: #4]

We kick off this bunch by saying auf wiedersehen to another one of Girls Aloud's singles. This fist-thumping, pop-rock track is one of Girls Aloud's most underrated single. We see the girls rock the motorcycle look in the video, aptly suiting the rock stylings within the song. The chorus is infectious as hell and will stay in your head for a while.

44. IT'S YOUR DYNAMITE
["Untouchable" b-side]

Girls Aloud's last ever b-side from their 'flop' single [i}Untouchable[/i]. Obviously not as amazing as the single that spawned it but it's still a great track in my eyes. Though I can see how it can be quite generic, I love the lyrics and the tune, especially the chorus. "it's your dynamite, keep sinking you'll float a lie, it's kicking your borderline".

43. BEAUTIFUL 'CAUSE YOU LOVE ME
["Ten" album track]

Was it their last ever single? Or will it reamin an album track? Who knows? Who cares? I just like the fact that it's a beautiful ballad. Nicola really gets her chance to shine here and manages to capture some great emotions to lift this ballad out of 'boring territory'. My only gripe with the song is, as much as I love Nadine, her "my baby, my baby" lines seem really out of place and actually have quite a jarring effect on the song. It's still a solid effort.

42. YOU FREAK ME OUT
["Sound Of The Underground" album track]

Another album track here in the form of You Freak Me Out. It's a jolly little fun pop number. Taken from the Lindsay Lohan movie 'Freaky Friday' the song can appear quite novelty at times but I still fully enjoy it. The amazing bridge leads into an uplifting chorus and I love the shouted "woo". Overall, one of the girls' best album tracks from their debut.

41. SEE THE DAY
["Chemistry" single. UK peak: #9]

Their first cover version in the countdown See The Day is a cover of the Dee C Lee 1985 song. Though most Girls Aloud fans don't like this cover version, I'm quite the opposite. It's a gloriously, glossy ballad with a massive chorus. The video's a bit dull though, even though I love QueenKimba's cloriously dark hair.
Spartan
Legend

Postby SholasBoy » Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:00 pm

Spartan wrote:
SholasBoy wrote:Deadlines and Diets was a song I quite liked and Love Machine is one of their better singles
I didn't actually have you down as a fan of theirs, but thanks for commenting. :D
I'm really not (mostly due to my disdain for Cheryl as a human and Nicola as a solo artist), but I used to quite like them in the early days.

Of those 5 "You Freak Me Out" is a favourite, I preferred it over Jump massively. See The Day was a decent cover but I found Wake Me Up quite overrated.
SholasBoy
Chief Wig Snatcher

Postby Spartan » Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:12 pm

SholasBoy wrote:I'm really not (mostly due to my disdain for Cheryl as a human and Nicola as a solo artist), but I used to quite like them in the early days.

Of those 5 "You Freak Me Out" is a favourite, I preferred it over Jump massively. See The Day was a decent cover but I found Wake Me Up quite overrated.
:lol: I just wish Cheryl would f-off, can not stand her as an artist or a person.
Spartan
Legend

Postby CrazyCrazy » Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:20 pm

I like "See The Day". :D
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Postby ThaInfo1 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:52 pm

Y'all will not shade Her name is Mariah Chezza like that. She is epic.

I'm here for this countdown though. They have tons of B-sides I need to check out though.
'SCAPE
ThaInfo1
Legend

Postby Spartan » Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:21 pm

Thanks for the comments!

ThaInfo1 wrote:Y'all will not shade Her name is Mariah Chezza like that. She is epic.

I'm here for this countdown though. They have tons of B-sides I need to check out though.
I'll ignore the Her name is Mariah Chezza comment, her crown slipped years ago.
Yeah they do have some good b-sides.
Spartan
Legend

Postby PosziMC2 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:27 pm

It's Your Dynamite bops.
P=MC2's Top 20
Merci wrote:Poszilicious, pussy served delicious!
PosziMC2
Legend

Postby Shorty » Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:38 am

Woo a GA countdown :D Hopefully yours is more successful then my attempt :lol:

Let's rundown the songs so far!

Je NE Parle Pas Francais: You left out the 'Ne' from the title :wink: I love how ironic it is :lol: I adore the original, but this is a nice twist on it!

All I Need (All I Don't): Incredibly underrated! I actually used to hate this, but it's totally grown on me! Really cool and dancey!

Deadlines & Diets: Ahhh love this song! The lyrics are really awesome and I love Cheryl & Nadine on it.

I'm Falling: One of my faves from Tangled Up and I don't understand why people don't like this track. Another one I didn't like at first, but quickly grew on me.

Love Machine: Damn right, it's an unpopular opinion with me :o This is hands down one of my all time fave GA songs and one of their best singles!

Wake Me Up: You think this is underrated? I think it's ridiculously overrated within the GA fanbase, and I can't see why people love it so much :-? I find it sort of annoying.

It's Your Dynamite: Now THIS is underrated! One of GA's more ignored b-sides, it has awesome lyrics.

Beautiful Cause You Love Me: I've soured on this song cos of it's terrible chart position, but it's quite gorgeous really!

You Freak Me Out: WOO! 8-) Haha this song is cool and reminds me of early Busted. Again, fab lyrics.

See The Day: ♥♥♥♥♥ This is one of my all time favourite GA songs! I'm probably the biggest fan of this song, I've always loved it ever since the first moment I heard the Nadine solo demo version :D
I've now met Dean Ambrose FOUR TIMES - 28/03/15, 02/04/16, 20/08/16 & 01/04/17!!
Shorty
Resident WWE Fan

Postby JSparksFan » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:24 pm

Wake Me Up: 7.5/10 - :lol: at you calling this one of Girls Aloud's most underrated tracks and then ranking it at #45. The song starts off a bit average but the chorus makes up for it. Solid track overall.

It's Your Dynamite: 7/10 - Solid album track but it wouldn't have worked well as a single so I'm glad that it stayed as such. Strong chorus though.

Beautiful 'Cause You Love Me: 8/10 - Cheesy with a capital CHEESE but I like it despite, or rather because, of that. :lol: I actually like the My baby, my baby bits.

You Freak Me Out: 5/10 - Quite forgettable, in my opinion. I didn't hate it but I didn't like it either.

See The Day: 6/10 - This was a very plain ballad, verging on boring. Nice vocals though.
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby Terence » Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:24 am

I don't know most of the songs but :o 'Love Machine' is among their best - probably top 3 along their debut and 'Something New'
Terence
Euro-trash Freak

Postby Spartan » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:48 pm

40. THE PROMISE
["Out Of Control" single. Peak: #1]

Arguably one of their biggest singles, I always found The Promise a tad overrated and thought it didn't deserve the major success it received. That's not to say it's a bad song, it's actually a very good song - but the band have had much better. This was released at a time where Cheryl was the most overexposed thing in the country so I think that helped to build of the band's popularity at this point in time. The chorus is a killer though, and the delightful keychange is a brilliant surprise and makes the song better. This single also earned the band their first (and only) BRIT award.

39. SHE
["The Promise" b-side]

Coinceidentally, the b-side to the previous entry The Promise lands one place higher than it on my chart. I think She is vastly underrated by Girls Aloud fans. It's one of their best b-sides. The verses are so solid and great with some kooky lyrics. The bridge is a bit subpar and lets the song down but the chorus makes up for it with a thomping beat and some rocking vocals. However, the best part of the song is the ending, I just love the last line so much "you in the middle, get your coat let's go!" - just the perfect way to end the song.

38. LIVE IN THE COUNTRY
["Out Of Control" album track]

Now THIS is more than likely a very unpopular choice made by me. I think Live In The Country is like marmite: you either love it or hate it. More people hate it than love it though. I just think it's a brilliantly quirky little number. The chorus can seem a bit repetitive but it doesn't take away from the song's brilliance. The absolute highlight of the song is the farmyard animal noises heard at the beginning and end of it. I don't know what Xenomania were thinking when they made the song but it paid off. My favourite lyrics are "I want the ducks and a lake and a family portrait, a pipe and a dog at my feet. I want a stall at the fete selling strawberry shortcake and walls that are very discreet".

37. I THINK WE'RE ALONE NOW
["Sound Of Girls Aloud" single. Peak: #4]

In at #37 is another one of Girls Aloud's covers. This time it comes from the 1987 Tiffany song I Think We're Alone Now (though hers wasn't the original version). I think this song works because it sounds good having been modernized in the 21st century. The production just sounds a lot better than the original and the girls' vocals really suit the track. The video is also a hoot, and one of the girls' most fun to date.

36. HEAR ME OUT
["What Will The Neighbours Say" album track]

Another Girls Aloud ballad here, Hear Me Out. Though I can see why some people would think this was quite a generic ballad, I love the vocals on this track, especially the chorus. This is one of those Girls Aloud songs where it's richer for the complete lack of structure, it just seems to work very well in this. Also I gotta praise the ending of the song again, one of Girls Aloud's best "no more dramas smeared masscara on my pillow".
Spartan
Legend

Postby toni_pest » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:59 pm

I Think We're Alone Now is nice, but I hate The Promise, so annyoing.
toni_pest
Coming Soon

Postby Shorty » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:27 am

The Promise - Cheryl, put your other arm in the air :evil: :lol: But I love this song. I agree that it's a tad overrated, but I can't hate on it for it cos it finally won them a Brit Award :D Sarah is also awesome on this!

She: I've never really been a fan of this song :-? Maybe I don't listen to it enough. I think it's underlooked cos of the song it's a b-side to.

Live In The Country: Yep, this song is one of those love it or hate it songs. And I'm firmly on the hate side, I cannot stand this song! I find it incredibly cheesey and cringy and the animal noises are random, especially the lion. There aren't lions in the country? :-? :lol:

I Think We're Alone Now: I think this song is really underrated as a single, especially considering how well it did in the charts. It reached #4 on a hard Christmas week, so I gotta give it props. I much prefer the version from the Sound of GA, I don't like the single version that much.

Hear Me Out: Woohooooooooooooooooooo :D I LOVE THIS SONG! I'm so glad to see some love for it! It's forever been my favourite song from WWTNS. Sarah is absolutely phenomonal on this, Cheryl's whispering is fab and I love the lyrics ♥
I've now met Dean Ambrose FOUR TIMES - 28/03/15, 02/04/16, 20/08/16 & 01/04/17!!
Shorty
Resident WWE Fan

Return to Personal Charts