Wow, an all-time Top 500 is certainly an ambitious undertaking! Since I'm terribly far behind, I'll try to keep my catch-up somewhat concise (which means I'll be skipping over quite a few excellent picks, but it's no surprise that your countdown would have too many gems to talk about): 438. THE SATURDAYS KEEP HER
- SO random!
I wonder if it's that association with your first-ever real-life Sats experience that gives it such a special place in your heart. I mean, just looking at their album tracks, "Chasing Lights", "Open Up", "One Shot", "2AM", "Lose Control" >>>>423. KYLIE MINOGUE I SHOULD BE SO LUCKY
- LOVE IT! I didn't know (or simply forgot) that you had a soft spot for cheesy-80's-Kylie...but this is definitely some of cheesy-80's-Kylie at her best.409. THE ALL-AMERICAN REJECTS IT ENDS TONIGHT
- I really loved these guys in high school, but kind of fell off the bandwagon after their second album, so this brings back some nice memories. It's especially cool to see them appear (multiple times, no less!), since I didn't think they had much of an international presence. I guess I owe it to your Tom Welling boner. 407. FERGIE BIG GIRLS DON'T CRY
- This would definitely rank among of my favorite songs of the 00's. I'm not even sure how to put my adoration for it into words, but...it just hits me really hard. Love it.393. LADY GAGA BAD ROMANCE
- "This attention-seeker." Tsk. I must've blocked out your anti-Gaga-attitude, 'cause I don't recall you being such a sassy betch towards her. Any rate, glad to see you were able to put those feelings aside and give this epic tune some proper recognition. 391. DANNII MINOGUE VS FLOWER POWER YOU WON'T FORGET ABOUT ME
- I do enjoy this one...but you prefer Dannii to Kylie?!?! Now I'm starting to remember why I left...386. HILARY DUFF JERICHO
- Now THIS is a lovely surprise! Possibly...probably...definitely my favorite track on that album.370. NATASHA BEDINGFIELD STRIP ME
- Gladly, just name the time and place, Pete
Kidding (or is it?) aside, I might need to re-visit this album, since I'd probably describe it as "dull" (besides "Weightless"...and that song about the brown note...)369. MADONNA LIKE A PRAYER
- I'd have an incredibly hard time ranking Madonna's songs, but this would definitely be very near (or quite possibly at) the top. Epic.353. KYLIE MINOGUE WOW
- If there's a running joke where you're deliberately messing up the lyrics to be funny, then I apologize for being thick + overly literal...but the line is definitely "every inch of you spells out desire..."
Obnoxious nitpicking aside, BOP! 351. LEONA LEWIS BLEEDING LOVE
- Just like "Big Girls Don't Cry", this would definitely rank among my favorite musical moments of the 00's. It's a shame what's become of her career, but this light will burn bright for many years to come.342.HILARY & HAYLIE DUFF OUR LIPS ARE SEALED
- Your Hilary stanning really makes me smile - and I genuinely enjoy this cover too.339. THE KILLERS MR BRIGHTSIDE
- Same as I said about BGDC and BL.324. BEYONCE HALO
- Totally agree about IASF
, and this is definitely one of many highlights from it.290. HILARY DUFF NOW YOU KNOW
- Now let's not be blaming Queen Hilz for your buggery! I've actually never heard this one, so I'll have to give it a spin ASAP.281. GIRLS ALOUD MEMORY OF YOU
- I could comment on all the GA tracks, but this is the first one that I absolutely had to give you props for including. Like you said, quite possibly one of the finest B-sides from any artist that I've ever heard (though Kylie's got quite a few too.)271. TIFFANY I THINK WE'RE ALONE NOW
- Love it, and I love how faithful GA's album version/not-the-single-mix was to this version.257. DEPECHE MODE JUST CAN'T GET ENOUGH
- No mention of The Sats here? What kind of shade...?251. THE SATURDAYS HIGHER
- Love that there's no mention of Flo, and I definitely agree about their....dancier shift in sound over the years. Guess you weren't that into "Disco Love", though?254. KYLIE MINOGUE CAN'T GET YOU OUT OF MY HEAD
- Epic, of course, but I appreciate that it's not her highest-charting song. It's fantastic, but I agree that she's done even better.224. KYLIE MINOGUE SPINNING AROUND
- "...catchy pop song that you would happily wiggle your booty to on the dancefloor."
I'mma need a visual for this.219. RIHANNA UNFAITHFUL
- "This was also the first time where I appreciated how monotonously cold and dead Rihanna's voice sounds."
King of back-handed-compliments. DAMN! 208. BRITNEY SPEARS TOXIC
- Same as BGDC, BL, etc. Totally forgot that you harbor such hatred for Brit, though.202. HILARY DUFF WHAT DREAMS ARE MADE OF
- Are you deliberately picking obscure soundtrack cuts to demonstrate your true fan status?
Aw, I can't just copy-paste the song titles anymore since you switched up the formatting. It does look ace, though - quite nicely done!189. ON A NIGHT LIKE THIS
- This is a surprising, but satisfying, pick! I think I ranked it Top 5 on a Kylie countdown I did here ages ago.188. UMBRELLA
- "Totes overrated...but also one of the 200 best songs ever."
Pick a lane, mate!182. MAN! I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN
- Oh how this song brings out my most flamboyant side. I've got very fond memories of karaoking to this on a Japan trip back in high school. 178. STOP! IN THE NAME OF LOVE
- Definitely one of the most recognizable gems from one of the best girl-groups ever. Classic.161. I FEEL PRETTY/UNPRETTY
- Even though I fell off the Glee bangwadgon 5ever ago, I still go back to this one from time-to-time. They had a lot of really, really strong moments across the first couple seasons, and this is one of the finest among that bunch. Diana really shows her stuff, and as you said, these two very-different singers manage to blend together gorgeously. The whole mash-up itself is quite clever, and impactful.131. ROCK DJ
- Ha. This video (which actually got played here, surprisingly) definitely stirred up some feelings in young, budding homosexual me as well.130. EGO
- BOP. Totally agree with this being one of their absolute best.116. SEE YOU AGAIN
- Ah, I can still recall the first time I heard this on the radio - instantly loved it, and had no idea it was her. I think she's done even better since, but still great to see you showing it such love.113. ABOUT YOU NOW
- Surprising, but I'm glad to know you have such fondness for Change
. I was revisiting "Denial" not too long ago - such a solid song (and video.)96. OVER THE RAINBOW
- Love LoVe LOVE that you included this! The movie was definitely a defining part of my childhood, and this song still brings up all kinds of feels.65. UP
- Aw, totally the song that made me a Sats fan too! I can't remember exactly why I decided to give it a try, since I'd initially just dismissed them as lame GA/Sugababes wannabes, but after watching the video just once, I was hooked. LMAO @ the bar charts! 46. CALL THE SHOTS
- Definitely one of their best - and you're always a cool cat, Pete.31. I HAVE NOTHING
- Props for putting this well above IWALY. I'm not entirely sure if I agree, but it's a really strong moment in her catalog that often gets over-shadowed, so it's nice to see it get the spotlight here.14. TORN
- Definitely one of the songs that define the 90's. 12. UNWRITTEN
- I haven't agreed with all your Nat picks, but this definitely belongs with BGDC, BL, etc. as one of the finest moments of the 00's.07. TOTAL ECLIPSE OF THE HEART
- Obviously epic, but no mention of the Glee version?
Phew. I kinda pooped out toward the end (probably shouldn't have tried to tackle it all in one sitting...granted, you're prolly used to boyz not being able to handle the size of what you're offering), but I'm definitely excited for the big Top 6 reveal. Again - huge props for putting all of this together!