JakeP Top 20

Moderators: tdc2000, FreakyFlyBry

Postby phoenix98 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:50 pm

JakeP wrote:I'm very slowly coming round to rockstar but it's never gonna be a #1 in my chart. :P Ohh you didn't like HUMBLE.? Kendrick Lamar is one of the few rappers who i'm totally on board with. It probably helps that he's featured on some of my favourite pop and r'n'b songs over the last two years so carving a special place in my chart. I never got the appeal of Bad and boujee and Bodak yellow stills leaves no impression on me. But these are so similar to a lot of the US r'n'b chart toppers of the 00s, so really things haven't changed at all. :lol: Well, who would want to be on their wavelength? :lol:

LOL i find it funny because Baby has the vocals on a kid who should be studying at school, whilst Sorry has the vocals of a sexual nature, i do think that's the sexiest Justin has sounded on one of his tracks. :wink: I still regard As long as you love me as one of the first times i was impressed with his songs. That said, i had a soft spot for One time i think that was even before Baby but i kinda enjoyed that one. :lol:
I never got hooked on "HUMBLE.", but like you mentioned, I've enjoyed some of his guest appearances. I haven't really delved any deeper into his material, but his high regard among critics makes me think there must be something special/noteworthy there. He's definitely a big step outside my usually poppy (with occasional rock/R&B/country/EDM) bubble, but if I ever succumb to streaming, I might give more of his stuff a listen.

Bieber's gone from boy II man, for sure ;) Ah, yeah, I think "One Time" was his first single ever, but he didn't catch my ear until "Baby" (and this random promo single "Never Let You Go.")

JakeP wrote:Oh yes, i totally agree. That's how the music industry used to be long before i was born. Artists were nurtured within the music industry, so they could develop and gain more of an audience. Then around the mid 90s it all changed and it became more about instant success and suddenly it was important for an artists debut single to be #1 or they were seen as a flop. Quite ridiculous now looking back, but there some tragic acts getting signed in the early 00s who were destined to fail from the start. :lol:
I definitely love the idea of labels being more willing to gradually nurture new acts again, instead of a "you get one shot, then we're moving onto someone else" approach. Brings to mind acts like The Supremes, or even Madonna, who didn't score their first smash until several singles in.

JakeP wrote:I try my best to. :lol: :P It doesn't always pay off though, Niall Horan the poor guy getting to #3 with Flicker yet it apparently sold more copies than Zayn's album did when it went to #1. I'm calling that a moral victory. :wink:
Aw, bummer about Niall having to settle for No. 3 in the UK...but at least he's behind P!nk and a departed icon (and he has that US No. 1 for consolation too!) Although I've genuinely liked some of Zayn's solo offerings, I think he definitely benefitted from the hype of being the first one to go solo. As I'm looking at the Official Charts site now, Mind Of Mine only managed 10 weeks inside the UK Top 100! :o

JakeP wrote:Funnily enough the more i've listened to Bedroom floor, the more i'm hearing different singers. If the song was Jason Derulo feat. Adam Levine & Ryan Tedder i would so get that, because Liam's vocals sound like theirs at different parts of the song. Quite shameful that a british singer sounds like three american singers though. :lol: I still think Niall is releasing the best music, and yes i have taken my rose tinted glasses off. :P I genuinely think Niall's music is gonna stand the test of time much more than the music both Liam and Louis have brought out so far.
I hadn't made the Adam connection until I read your remarks, and now he's all I hear every time I get to the chorus :lol: I haven't checked out any of the former-1D-member albums in full yet, but of the three, Niall's has me the most tempted.

JakeP wrote:Paloma is really owning it with this music video trilogy (well, i think it's a trilogy). It's like when Troye Sivan did his music video trilogy in 2015. Its just that i'm not entirely sure what the storyline is supposed to be in Paloma's case, but it sure is interesting to watch. I've heard her new song Guilty and whilst i do like the song, i prefer Crybaby more as a song.
Yeah, I've considered downloading "Guilty", but it's definitely a step down from "Crybaby" for me too.

JakeP wrote:LOL :lol: You know times have changed when i'm talking about crediting my iTunes account and calling it old fashioned. What is the world coming to? :P I will probably eventually sign up for Spotify and try the free service first but only install it on my computer. For now i'm sticking to my trusty iTunes. :D
No rush/pressure, but I'd love to hear your thoughts if/when you do! I very briefly tested out Spotify on my phone a few weeks ago (since that's nearly always what I use to play music), but apparently you can't actually select which songs you want on their free mobile service - you can only access a shuffle-like option (where it plays songs similar to the one you want and eventually gets to the song you wanted.) I guess I shouldn't be TOO surprised, since it's their 100%-free option, but I thought that just meant I'd have to sit through ads between songs more often. :lol:

phoenix98 wrote:Damn, you're right. :x Oh well, i'll have to make sure none of the Flicker album tracks go to #1 tomorrow. A bit of irish leverage and Niall will get that second JakeP #1 hit. :lol: :wink: LOL ohh you can count on that. There will probably be news reports the following day of a crazed fan stalking Niall and trying to get into his dressing room. :lol: :oops:
Psh, more like "Niall Horan proposes to adorable fan on stage!"

JakeP wrote:01 (NE) Rita Ora - Anywhere [1 wk] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
02 (NE) Niall Horan & Maren Morris - Seeing blind [1 wk] [#2]
03 (01) Mabel featuring Kojo Funds - Finders keepers [3 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
04 (07) Camila Cabello featuring Young Thug - Havana [7 wks] [#4]
05 (02) P!nk - Where we go [2 wks] [#2]
09 (NE) Selena Gomez & Marshmello - Wolves [1 wk] [#9]
11 (05) Charlie Puth - How long [4 wks] [#4]
13 (12) Marshmello featuring Khalid - Silence [6 wks] [#4]
16 (NE) Taylor Swift - Gorgeous [1 wk] [#16]
17 (15) P!nk - What about us [12 wks] [#1] (3 wks @ #1)
18 (03) Paloma Faith - Crybaby [6 wks] [#2]
19 (NE) Mariah Carey - The star [1 wk] [#19]
20 (NE) Liam Payne - Bedroom floor [1 wk] [#20]
• SUPER-stoked to see another shared No. 1 for us :D :D :D I'd read some comparisons to "It Ain't Me", and while I can hear the connection, "Anywhere" does MUCH more for me. That desire to escape from it all sometimes (with a special someone) is just so relatable, and Rita's voice really brings that sentiment right to the surface. Even the (mostly)-instrumental breakdown bit is pretty catchy and fun.
• "Seeing Blind" sounds like a solid standout selection from Flicker!
• I was pretty hyped for "Wolves" after loving "Silence" (and many of Selena's offerings over the years), but the chorus really doesn't do it for me. It's actually an incredibly-rare case where I prefer the instrumental parts to the parts with vocals. :lol:
• I realize that it probably seems a tad ridiculous to complain about a Christmas song being too heavy with Christian themes/imagery...but Mariah's served up such irresistible, iconic Christmas bops before, and she just went ALL-in with the "God is always with you, The Lord is your guide" angle on "The Star" (which totally works for the movie, but not so much for me) :oops: I could probably overlook the lyrics if the melody/hook did more for me, but that piece just isn't there either this time. Despite its name, this track doesn't have a bright future on my chart.
• YES @ "Bedroom Floor" managing to sneak in there! Granted, even if his voice lacks any distinctiveness, it's hard not to enjoy Liam talking about clothes winding up on the floor...

Yet another chart that's the perfect place for me, Jake! :D
phoenix98
Legend

Postby JakeP » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:41 pm

phoenix98 wrote:I never got hooked on "HUMBLE.", but like you mentioned, I've enjoyed some of his guest appearances. I haven't really delved any deeper into his material, but his high regard among critics makes me think there must be something special/noteworthy there. He's definitely a big step outside my usually poppy (with occasional rock/R&B/country/EDM) bubble, but if I ever succumb to streaming, I might give more of his stuff a listen.

Bieber's gone from boy II man, for sure ;) Ah, yeah, I think "One Time" was his first single ever, but he didn't catch my ear until "Baby" (and this random promo single "Never Let You Go.")
To be honest, when Kendrick released DAMN i heard some of the album tracks on YouTube but only a small handful of the tracks appealed to me. I still love my commercial radio friendly pop sound too, so some of these underground sounding r'n'b songs fail to resonate with me.

Ah, was this song released before Baby? I don't recognise it at all but the chorus doesn't half remind me of Forever by Chris Brown. :lol:

phoenix98 wrote:I definitely love the idea of labels being more willing to gradually nurture new acts again, instead of a "you get one shot, then we're moving onto someone else" approach. Brings to mind acts like The Supremes, or even Madonna, who didn't score their first smash until several singles in.
I've never understood the reasoning behind that. When i was young i didn't have the same level of knowledge of how the music industry and record labels operated. Because i grew up at a time when songs mainly entered at #1, i used to think that was common practice in the charts and then it was more surprising whenever a song climbed to #1. I suppose that's reflected in the way i compile my charts. :lol: :oops: They're excellent examples, and there must be so many more going back through the decades. When i think back to the early 00s there were some groups that got a record deal and i think to myself "why?". :lol:

phoenix98 wrote:Aw, bummer about Niall having to settle for No. 3 in the UK...but at least he's behind P!nk and a departed icon (and he has that US No. 1 for consolation too!) Although I've genuinely liked some of Zayn's solo offerings, I think he definitely benefitted from the hype of being the first one to go solo. As I'm looking at the Official Charts site now, Mind Of Mine only managed 10 weeks inside the UK Top 100! :o
To be honest, i had a guy instinct all along that Niall wouldn't be #1 and when i found out that George Michael album was getting released, that just confirmed my initial doubts. It does feel like the media are desperate to portray Harry Styles as the biggest member of One Direction which is perfectly fine, but i don't feel like his album delivered to the extent i could understand the hype. Sign of the times is the only great song Harry has released. His material overall just isn't to my liking, but i still respect Harry for daring to be different unlike Liam and Louis who are just appealing purely to Spotify streamers but i don't see people remembering their music fondly in years to come.

Zayn suffers from mental anxiety so that's had a knock on effect to his solo success. Shame though because there were a few of his album tracks i liked enough to make my top 20 upon release, but again i heard these on YouTube. I wasn't fully compelled enough to want to buy his album.

phoenix98 wrote:I hadn't made the Adam connection until I read your remarks, and now he's all I hear every time I get to the chorus :lol: I haven't checked out any of the former-1D-member albums in full yet, but of the three, Niall's has me the most tempted.
It's all in Liam's falsetto, its pure Adam Levine. :lol: Niall has definitely delivered a solid album, and regardless of how it sells in the long run its an album i really enjoy for the most part. :D

phoenix98 wrote:Yeah, I've considered downloading "Guilty", but it's definitely a step down from "Crybaby" for me too.
Guilty is set to enter my chart but i agree its not up to the same standard as Crybaby.

phoenix98 wrote:No rush/pressure, but I'd love to hear your thoughts if/when you do! I very briefly tested out Spotify on my phone a few weeks ago (since that's nearly always what I use to play music), but apparently you can't actually select which songs you want on their free mobile service - you can only access a shuffle-like option (where it plays songs similar to the one you want and eventually gets to the song you wanted.) I guess I shouldn't be TOO surprised, since it's their 100%-free option, but I thought that just meant I'd have to sit through ads between songs more often. :lol:
LOL i suspect you will probably be waiting for a while. There have been times when i've contemplated getting Spotify but then a part of me just thinks "is it really worth it?". Right now i'm firmly happy using iTunes and YouTube as my means for music consumption. :P See, that's another reason why i don't really like having to skip a number of songs just to eventually listen to the one song i wanted all along. :x It's a bit like pot luck in a weird way. :lol:

phoenix98 wrote:Psh, more like "Niall Horan proposes to adorable fan on stage!"
Wouldn't that be amazing? Although the press would make a bigger deal over the fact the adorable fan was male. :lol: Or should that be :evil: ? :P lol

phoenix98 wrote:• SUPER-stoked to see another shared No. 1 for us :D :D :D I'd read some comparisons to "It Ain't Me", and while I can hear the connection, "Anywhere" does MUCH more for me. That desire to escape from it all sometimes (with a special someone) is just so relatable, and Rita's voice really brings that sentiment right to the surface. Even the (mostly)-instrumental breakdown bit is pretty catchy and fun.
• "Seeing Blind" sounds like a solid standout selection from Flicker!
• I was pretty hyped for "Wolves" after loving "Silence" (and many of Selena's offerings over the years), but the chorus really doesn't do it for me. It's actually an incredibly-rare case where I prefer the instrumental parts to the parts with vocals. :lol:
• I realize that it probably seems a tad ridiculous to complain about a Christmas song being too heavy with Christian themes/imagery...but Mariah's served up such irresistible, iconic Christmas bops before, and she just went ALL-in with the "God is always with you, The Lord is your guide" angle on "The Star" (which totally works for the movie, but not so much for me) :oops: I could probably overlook the lyrics if the melody/hook did more for me, but that piece just isn't there either this time. Despite its name, this track doesn't have a bright future on my chart.
• YES @ "Bedroom Floor" managing to sneak in there! Granted, even if his voice lacks any distinctiveness, it's hard not to enjoy Liam talking about clothes winding up on the floor...

Yet another chart that's the perfect place for me, Jake! :D
I really wasn't expecting to see Rita #1 in your chart so when i read the subtitle "looking for connection" i had one of those mixed :o :D moments, where your eyes lit up. :lol: But its such an incredible pop song, i was so impressed when i first heard Anywhere.

Seeing blind is such an excellent song, i really do think this should be the next single. I would also love it if Niall does some more tv promo in the coming weeks. Its sad that Simon won't have Niall on The x factor because he refused to sign a contract with his label, but on the flip side if Niall were to perform on Strictly come dancing, that show gets like 10 or 11 million viewers - more than double what The x factor gets these days, so Niall would benefit from reaching to a much bigger tv audience. :D

Wolves seems to have split opinion but i like the song a lot. The chorus has that singalong ability about it, very similar to the chorus of It ain't me and i personally think it works a treat. :wink: It "only" got to #9 last week because it was released halfway into the week and the competition inside the top 5 was too strong for a last minute addition to ruffle the feathers. :P As it stands, Selena Gomez is set to climb to a new peak benefitting from a full week of plays. Have you seen the music video? It's basically Selena and Marshmello on FaceTime. :lol:

I quite like The star but it will never be All i want for christmas is you which will forever be a classic christmas song.

LOL let's see if Liam's music video lives up to its song title. Will he finally "strip that down" and leave his clothes on the "bedroom floor" or is he just attention seeking and he'll remain fully clothed in the video? The definition of anticlimax right there! :lol:
JakeP
Manager

Postby JakeP » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:45 pm

JakeP Top 20 (4th November 2017)

ImageImageImageImageImage

01 (01) Rita Ora - Anywhere [2 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
02 (04) Camila Cabello featuring Young Thug - Havana [8 wks] [#2]
03 (03) Mabel featuring Kojo Funds - Finders keepers [4 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
04 (02) Niall Horan & Maren Morris - Seeing blind [2 wks] [#2]
05 (09) Selena Gomez & Marshmello - Wolves [2 wks] [#5]
06 (NE) Robbie Williams featuring Big Narstie & Atlantic Horns - Go mental [1 wk] [#6]
07 (05) P!nk - Where we go [3 wks] [#2]
08 (11) Charlie Puth - How long [5 wks] [#4]
09 (06) Niall Horan - Mirrors [2 wks] [#6]
10 (NE) Clean Bandit featuring Julia Michaels - I miss you [1 wk] [#10]
11 (07) Niall Horan - Flicker [2 wks] [#7]
12 (10) Niall Horan - On the loose [2 wks] [#10]
13 (RE) Taylor Swift - …ready for it? [3 wks] [#6]
14 (12) Niall Horan - Too much to ask [8 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
15 (NE) Mariah Carey - Lil snowman [1 wk] [#15]
16 (NE) Marina Kaye - Something [1 wk] [#16]
17 (NE) Paloma Faith - Guilty [1 wk] [#17]
18 (NE) Pitbull & Fifth Harmony - Por favor [1 wk] [#18]
19 (NE) Melanie C - Room for love [1 wk] [#19]
20 (NE) MØ - When i was young [1 wk] [#20]

The Hit Seeker

Taylor Swift - Call it what you want
JakeP
Manager

Postby Fan » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:07 am

JakeP wrote:Thanks Fan :D

I still have a gut feeling Mabel is gonna really breakthrough in 2018. I'm excited to see just how much Mabel slays with her new single and i'm guessing impending debut album release?

For me, releasing Revenge as a single may have been what put a dampener on the album, although it's still been a strong selling album so the fans are happy. :D Where we go really deserves to be a single though. :wink:

Ahh Kodaline did really well getting into my chart but i knew there would be quite a few big exits with me getting Niall's album and checking out a few other new releases.

LOL to be honest, i had an inkling even last weekend that Rita Ora would be a big contender for my #1 spot last weekend. The song, the music video, and especially her performance on The Jonathan Ross show have all helped to propel Anywhere to the top.

Aww, i can't expect everyone to love Niall but he's always been my favourite member of One Direction. I just adore his personality and attitude plus he's so gorgeous in such an unassuming way. Love him! <3 :oops:

I always accept that not everyone likes the same songs so its fair enough that you don't like Havana. Her chart run for me so far is 11-(x5)-15-12-09-09-07-04 which just proves that this wasn't even close to an instant hit for me but a definite slow burner. :wink:
I think we will definitely get an album in 2018, although she has just released a mixtape with 9 songs, so that almost feels like an album. And ofcourse the Bedroom EP as well, so there is already quite a lot of Mabel stuff out there! And it's all so good :D

Revenge is indeed an unfortunate single choice, not liking it so far.

The Jonathan Ross performance was very good, wasn't it? I actually got tickets to see Rita live next year, which I am pretty excited about. She seems like quite a fun performer and her latest releases have been top notch.

He did was my favourite 1D member when he was on the show, so that's something :lol: And I would be willing to listen to some of his stuff. You kinda do know my taste now, which songs would you recommend?

Nice to see Paloma's Guilty, even though it is pretty low. I love it at the moment, prefer it over Cry Baby even if I'm being very honest. It sounds like classic Paloma.
And yes for Room For Love as well. I do have a soft spot for Melanie and I think this is one of the best songs she has released in ages. When I Was Young is decent, but she has done much, much better.
i wanna see you on your knees, wanna see you begging
Fan
Legend

Postby cheapthrills » Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:49 pm

Selena and Camilla both climbing in your top 5. It's so beautiful :cry:
I like Rita more now that she hosted Boy Band haha.
Vote for your favorite Christmas songs here and then send your votes in!
My Personal Chart - Cheapthrills' Cheap 20 :)
cheapthrills
Manager

Postby JakeP » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:01 pm

Fan wrote:I think we will definitely get an album in 2018, although she has just released a mixtape with 9 songs, so that almost feels like an album. And ofcourse the Bedroom EP as well, so there is already quite a lot of Mabel stuff out there! And it's all so good :D

The Jonathan Ross performance was very good, wasn't it? I actually got tickets to see Rita live next year, which I am pretty excited about. She seems like quite a fun performer and her latest releases have been top notch.

He did was my favourite 1D member when he was on the show, so that's something :lol: And I would be willing to listen to some of his stuff. You kinda do know my taste now, which songs would you recommend?

Nice to see Paloma's Guilty, even though it is pretty low. I love it at the moment, prefer it over Cry Baby even if I'm being very honest. It sounds like classic Paloma.
And yes for Room For Love as well. I do have a soft spot for Melanie and I think this is one of the best songs she has released in ages. When I Was Young is decent, but she has done much, much better.
Ah yes, i saw on iTunes that Mabel has released a mixtape. I need to check out some more of her music. :wink:

Everything about Rita's performance was amazing. The staging, the camera edits, the vocals, the song. :P

My favourite of the album tracks is easily Seeing blind but i do like the occasional country ballad which this song pays a nod towards. Mirrors has got such an incredible chorus that's good to sing along to. Flicker is gorgeous, a beautiful ballad. Slow hands is pretty much a one off, there isn't anything else on the album like this song.

I do like Guilty but i still much prefer Crybaby. I agree that its typically Paloma-esque with its rather grand sound. :wink:

I adore the music video for Room for love with the cameos. It was nice to see Natalie Imbruglia appear, i've not heard much from Natalie in ages. :o Plus, it was lovely seeing Emma and Geri also in the video.
JakeP
Manager

Postby JakeP » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:06 pm

cheapthrills wrote:Selena and Camilla both climbing in your top 5. It's so beautiful :cry:
I like Rita more now that she hosted Boy Band haha.
Thanks cheapthrills :D

Camila has done exceptionally well to reach #2, i never thought Havana would peak this high when the song first entered my chart but i've got to give credit where credit's due. Camila and her team have done an incredible job in making Havana such a global smash.

Selena Gomez has been on quite a roll this year. It ain't me was the song that kickstarted the Selena domination, then there was the hypnotic charm of Fetish and now Wolves which is like Kygo's song only more uptempo.

Ohh what's Boy band? Rita is on a roll and i know she's hosting the MTV europe music awards 2017 and i'm sure she will perform Anywhere so this song could become a global hit in the next few weeks. :D
JakeP
Manager

Postby Fan » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:37 pm

JakeP wrote:Ah yes, i saw on iTunes that Mabel has released a mixtape. I need to check out some more of her music. :wink:

Everything about Rita's performance was amazing. The staging, the camera edits, the vocals, the song. :P

My favourite of the album tracks is easily Seeing blind but i do like the occasional country ballad which this song pays a nod towards. Mirrors has got such an incredible chorus that's good to sing along to. Flicker is gorgeous, a beautiful ballad. Slow hands is pretty much a one off, there isn't anything else on the album like this song.

I do like Guilty but i still much prefer Crybaby. I agree that its typically Paloma-esque with its rather grand sound. :wink:

I adore the music video for Room for love with the cameos. It was nice to see Natalie Imbruglia appear, i've not heard much from Natalie in ages. :o Plus, it was lovely seeing Emma and Geri also in the video.
You should!! Thinking Of You was the very first Mabel song I heard and is still one of my favourites. Bedroom is a great one (love the video as well) and from the EP are Begging and Low Key my firm favourites.

It was!! I am trying the find her X Factor performance from last night, but can't find it anywhere :( (no pun intended). I did see some pictures and she looked amazing. Have you seen it?

I have listened to Mirrors and Seeing Blind, both sounded decent but neither made a big impression on first listen, so think need to re-visit them.

The video is lovely indeed! Shame Mel B wasn't part of it. Natalie actually played a gig here a couple of months ago. But I didn't know anyone who wanted to attend it with me.
Fan
Legend

Postby JakeP » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:00 pm

Fan wrote:You should!! Thinking Of You was the very first Mabel song I heard and is still one of my favourites. Bedroom is a great one (love the video as well) and from the EP are Begging and Low Key my firm favourites.

It was!! I am trying the find her X Factor performance from last night, but can't find it anywhere :( (no pun intended). I did see some pictures and she looked amazing. Have you seen it?

I have listened to Mirrors and Seeing Blind, both sounded decent but neither made a big impression on first listen, so think need to re-visit them.

The video is lovely indeed! Shame Mel B wasn't part of it. Natalie actually played a gig here a couple of months ago. But I didn't know anyone who wanted to attend it with me.
I've not had chance to check out Mabel as of yet but i'm hoping to find some time later tonight. :wink: I will especially give those songs you mention a listen.

Not yet, been at work all day. :lol: I think the Stormzy performance also didn't get added until the following day so it might still get uploaded tonight, or tomorrow. I didn't watch The x factor over the weekend and choose to just watch the performances on YouTube as it's so much better to do this.

Aww, i have a gut feeling people want to hear Niall doing more songs like Slow hands but i do adore his loveable ballads.

LOL i think Mel B has become too big for her boots. I don't know why but she always comes across as the most fragile of the girls, and i do think fame went to her head which is quite sad. Ohh did you go to the concert anyways? :D I still love her singles like Torn, Big mistake and Shiver.
JakeP
Manager

Postby Mainshow » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:15 pm

Yes at Camila getting a new peak! I think that her being #1 on the official UK Single Charts made you love it even more now? - Rita has to move next week!
Love to see Niall being able to stay inside your Top 5. "Seeing Blind" is such a brilliant track!
Surprised to see Selena's most boring single to date inside your Top 5. I love the wolf on the single cover, though. So majestic!
Great to see that the other Niall tracks don't fall THAT much!
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Postby cheapthrills » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:22 pm

JakeP wrote:Ohh what's Boy band? Rita is on a roll and i know she's hosting the MTV europe music awards 2017 and i'm sure she will perform Anywhere so this song could become a global hit in the next few weeks. :D
Oh it was a quite cheesy summer reality show where a bunch of twinkish guys competed to get signed as a boy band. Rita Ora was the host and Timbaland, Ginger Spice, and Nick Carter were the judges, but for some ridiculous reason, they referred to them as "architects". There was one guy I liked named Chance Perez though :oops:

I had to look them up and see what they are up to since the show, and discovered they have a Christmas song out:
cheapthrills
Manager

Postby JakeP » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:16 pm

Mainshow wrote:Yes at Camila getting a new peak! I think that her being #1 on the official UK Single Charts made you love it even more now? - Rita has to move next week!
Love to see Niall being able to stay inside your Top 5. "Seeing Blind" is such a brilliant track!
Surprised to see Selena's most boring single to date inside your Top 5. I love the wolf on the single cover, though. So majestic!
Great to see that the other Niall tracks don't fall THAT much!
LOL it would appear so but the song has been continuing to grow on me, and i'm loving the music video so it's all helped to push the song higher up. Going to #1 in the UK was more of a coincidence but i'm happy Havana is now #1 as i much prefer this to rockstar.

Rita has to move where? :lol: :P In the UK chart she has to move up. :wink: In my chart its too difficult to guess how my next chart will look but i'm inclined to say Anywhere will get a third week at #1 because i'm loving the song so much.

I'm looking forward to seeing Niall and Maren's performance at the Country music awards 2017. If their performance is amazing, it could help push the song all the way to #1. I still think it should be a single as its such a great uplifting song.

Aww, Wolves does seem to have split opinion but i'm really enjoying the track, i love the chorus too. For me, Selena's weakest song of the year is Bad liar which i kinda liked but it could only scrape into my top 20. LOL the artwork isn't great though, its looks like something i would design. :lol:

Niall was never gonna plummet drastically and the songs that remained in my chart are the album tracks i've warmed to the most, and they're the songs i keep going back to listen to.
JakeP
Manager

Postby JakeP » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:22 pm

cheapthrills wrote:Oh it was a quite cheesy summer reality show where a bunch of twinkish guys competed to get signed as a boy band. Rita Ora was the host and Timbaland, Ginger Spice, and Nick Carter were the judges, but for some ridiculous reason, they referred to them as "architects". There was one guy I liked named Chance Perez though :oops:

I had to look them up and see what they are up to since the show, and discovered they have a Christmas song out:
Ahh, i just did a Google search and it was broadcast on ABC, i don't think we get that channel on Sky so that'll explain why i'd never heard of the show. :lol: Ohh hello Chance! :P Just done an image search for that name and he is indeed cute. :wink: Just been listening to Feel this christmas but it didn't do much for me, i started switching off about halfway through the song. :oops:
JakeP
Manager

Postby cheapthrills » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:41 am

Hehe, well I suppose I won't be ssing them on one of your future charts - haha! But they may just be on mine. :o
cheapthrills
Manager

Postby JakeP » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:49 pm

cheapthrills wrote:Hehe, well I suppose I won't be ssing them on one of your future charts - haha! But they may just be on mine. :o
LOL it's very unlikely with this single. Maybe in the future if they bring out an incredible track. :wink:
JakeP
Manager

Postby Tansike » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:47 am

let’s see what i missed…

first of all

JakeP wrote:
phoenix98 wrote:• I guess Tansike must've taken a cue from Paloma's payola and PMed you some n00dz to get that debut for "Only You"?
Sadly not, i think Tansike was on holiday last week. Shame as some n00dz would've certainly brightened up my week. :P I adore the new version of Only you though, its so dark and atmospheric.
WTF :o :lol: :lol: Love you guys :lol:

JakeP wrote:I prefer Think before i talk much more. Astrid S seems to be generated more interest in Norway too as this song became her first #1 there. They should consider doing an Astrid/Zara/MØ as it could potentially be amazing. Hmm i've honestly not been impressed with Alma. The songs i've heard by her sound like they could be good songs but ruined by poor production. :( Most of the time i can see the potential but i just get nothing at all from Alma. :-?
Oh, I can share these thoughts with you. Astrid, Zara and MO are all creating a sound which is very international, while Alma still sounds like she’s just a little indie artist who does music just for herself and not to score chart success, if that makes sense. Doesn’t have to be a bad thing obviously.

JakeP wrote:We'll find out in two weeks time when Flicker gets released. :P I think his success has been subtle but consistent. Zayn and surprisingly Louis are the only other members of One Direction to have at least 2 top 10 singles whilst Harry and Liam are both stuck on 1. Yes, that is a good point. October usually kick starts the bigger album sales period and i'm already sure Niall's album will be very successful in America, Australia, Canada and of course Ireland. Its just the UK that often lets the team down! :lol: I love your use of the word "fine" because Niall is so fine! :wink: :lol:
So here we are now and so far I’m slightly disappointed at how the album performs. I really thought he would do better based on the success of his singles so far, because Harry only had one hit and did much better. At least Niall should get better sales than Zayn in the long term. Overall, “Flicker” is definitely my favorite album of the former One Directioners; I guess I don’t even need to ask how you see this, as it’s a clear case :wink: And yes, Niall IS fine.

JakeP wrote:I think Lorde got close to making my top 20 with Homemade dynamite the week of the Vma's but her performance was kinda awkward in that she didn't sing but did some improvised choreography while the song, complete with vocals, played out over the top. I'm sure had she been well enough to sing live, might've helped the song more. I don't even care much for this remix version tbh. :lol: Perfect places got to #11 in my chart a while back. :wink:
Ah would make sense. Yeah, I checked that performance out because everyone was talking about how weird it was. Definitely an interesting way to perform! Oh nice for “Perfect Places”. It’s incredible how underrated she is with her second album, which is clearly better than “Pure Heroine” in my opinion.

JakeP wrote:Both Let me go and Find you held up really well and avoided dropping out of my top 20. This week seems to have had a draught for new releases (i'm not really sold on this Beyonce version of Mi gente :oops: ) so some songs may well benefit and achieve new peaks in my next chart. :wink:

Good old days is definitely my favourite track i've heard so far from Macklemore. Kesha really delivers on the song and i've always had a soft spot for Macklemore. Stargazing is a lovely song but there's just a couple of bits in the song that put me off slightly which prevented it from entering higher. Mainly the vocal loop that goes "ohhh, ohhh, ohhh, ohhh" before the breakdown are a bit jarring for me. :oops: :lol:

I think the novelty and hype surrounding the Look what you made me do music video whipped everyone into a frenzy. Even i was caught up in that initial hype as when the song first got released i wasn't sure if i like it or not. Then i saw the music video and i loved everything about it. Now that the buzz has worn off it seems that people's interest in the song has faded too. I still like the song but i don't have that same desire to listen to the song now compared to 4 weeks ago. As for ...ready for it?, Taylor striked whilst the iron was hot but i do think it was too soon to get another song out. Now would've been a better time as people start to move on from Look what you made me do. I've never bought a Taylor Swift album but i'm still curious as to what the other songs are gonna sound like. I think it's already safe to say Reputation is gonna go #1 all over the world when its released next month.
That’s nice – however, while I enjoyed both songs a lot when they came out, I got over them so quickly… :oops: Still surprised they didn’t do better on the official charts out there, especially “Let Me Go”.

Wait, you mean overall, or since he’s ‘solo’? :o Surely “Can’t Hold Us” or one of his other earlier hits are better for you, too? Yes, “Stargazing” is nice but I feel similar to you. It’s good but nothing that I’d really care for, and his newer releases are even weaker… which is sad, he had such a great start into 2017 with “It Ain’t Me” and “First Time” :(

This era has been a real mess so far, also with the two other new songs, and the video for “Ready For It?” only coming out now… anyways, I’m still excited for the album, which will be out in two days! Do you plan to check it out as well? And did you already check out her previous album(s)?
Tansike
Legend

Postby Tansike » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:49 am

Now time to pick up on the missed charts… doing a separate post otherwise it would have been too much at once… :oops:

JakeP wrote:JakeP Top 20 (7th October 2017)

01 (02) Niall Horan - Too much to ask [4 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
04 (NE) Charlie Puth - How long [1 wk] [#4]
06 (05) P!nk - What about us [9 wks] [#1] (3 wks @ #1)
07 (RE) LP - No witness [8 wks] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
09 (12) Camila Cabello featuring Young Thug - Havana [4 wks] [#9]
10 (NE) P!nk - Beautiful trauma [1 wk] [#10]
11 (06) Sam Smith - Too good at goodbyes [4 wks] [#6]
12 (17) Maroon 5 featuring SZA - What lovers do [4 wks] [#10]
13 (07) Macklemore featuring Kesha - Good old days [2 wks] [#7]
14 (08) Astrid S - Think before i talk [5 wks] [#3]
15 (20) Nick Jonas - Find you [3 wks] [#15]
19 (16) Dua Lipa - New rules [13 wks] [#2]
20 (NE) Loreen - ’71 charger [1 wk] [#20]
So Niall got another week at #1, that’s really impressive! “Too Much To Ask” still didn’t get me as much as his other two songs did, but it’s definitely a good song and should be more successful.

Great debut for Charlie, I prefer “How Long” to “Attention”. Which one is your favorite of these two? I’m really looking forward to “Voicenotes” next year :)

Wow at that high re-entry for “No Witness”, and nice to see so many other great songs still doing so well as well. Oh and not surprised to see “71 Charger” only having a #20 entry… :oops:

JakeP wrote:JakeP Top 20 (14th October 2017)

02 (NE) Zara Larsson featuring Nena - Only you [1 wk] [#2]
06 (NE) P!nk - Whatever you want [1 wk] [#6]
Only quoting re- and new entries now…

WOW WOW WOW at #2 :o :o :o
This is brilliant! Never did I expect this to have such a great debut on your charts! “Only You” has been one of my clear highlights on Zara’s album since it came out, so I was freaking happy when they announced it as a single. And when they announced the Nena ‘remix’, I didn’t know what to expect at first, but it turned out sooo good. Have you seen their live performance? It was sooo good… :cry:

Also great to see “Whatever You Want” entering so high.

JakeP wrote:JakeP Top 20 (21st October 2017)

02 (NE) P!nk - Where we go [1 wk] [#2]
04 (NE) P!nk - I am here [1 wk] [#4]
09 (NE) P!nk - But we lost it [1 wk] [#9]
16 (NE) Pink - Secrets [1 wk] [#16]
18 (NE) Imagine Dragons - Whatever it takes [1 wk] [#18]
YAS, P!nk really delivered with “Beautiful Trauma” IMO. So you like it a lot as well, I guess?! I never was a big fan of her, just a casual listener who liked most of her singles, but I never really bothered about her albums, so I’m so positively surprised how much I like “Beautiful Trauma”… and the best thing is, we even share the same favorite: “Where We Go” :cool: It’s already in my personal P!nk Top3… :oops: Let’s hope she releases it as a single…
What do you think about “Revenge”? I hope they change the plans for it to be the second single… as it’s one of the weaker songs on the album, isn’t it?

Nice to see “Whatever It Takes”, but I thought it may do better on your charts. Should be another worldwide hit for them. They have such a great run at the moment, who would have thought this after “Smoke + Mirrors” flopped?

JakeP wrote:JakeP Top 20 (28th October 2017)

01 (NE) Rita Ora - Anywhere [1 wk] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
02 (NE) Niall Horan & Maren Morris - Seeing blind [1 wk] [#2]
06 (NE) Niall Horan - Mirrors [1 wk] [#6]
07 (NE) Niall Horan - Flicker [1 wk] [#7]
08 (NE) Kygo featuring The Night Game & Maja Francis - Kids in love [1 wk] [#8]
09 (NE) Selena Gomez & Marshmello - Wolves [1 wk] [#9]
10 (NE) Niall Horan - On the loose [1 wk] [#10]
14 (NE) Niall Horan - You and me [1 wk] [#14]
15 (NE) Niall Horan - On my own [1 wk] [#15]
16 (NE) Taylor Swift - Gorgeous [1 wk] [#16]
20 (NE) Liam Payne - Bedroom floor [1 wk] [#20]
Niall :cool:
Obviously not a big surprise to see him slaying your charts, but it is a nice surprise to see “Seeing Blind” having such a great start. Really excited for their upcoming performance, and here’s hope they may also choose it as the fourth single of “Flicker”.

The best part this week must be the debut for “Anywhere”. #1 is more than deserved :cool:
Also love the entry for “Wolves”, while I do enjoy the ones for Kygo, Liam and Taylor, however especially Taylor and Kygo already released better stuff.

JakeP wrote:JakeP Top 20 (4th November 2017)

19 (NE) Melanie C - Room for love [1 wk] [#19]
20 (NE) MØ - When i was young [1 wk] [#20]
Now on to the latest edition… I can’t believe I didn’t comment for so long, I feel so bad… :oops:

Unexpected climb for “Wolves”. So the track grew on you? Or did it debut ‘just’ at #9 because it only came out like two days before you made the chart?

Also kinda unexpected entry for “I Miss You” because I thought it may do worse after reading your comment over in my chart topic. Glad it still made it to the Top10, and here’s hope it may be a grower for you :)

The best part this week is Marina of course! Very happy she released herself from the one hit wonder on your chart, and I’m so happy she made it with “Something”, which is clearly the highlight of her new album. Is there a chance this may be a surprise hit here, or do I have to be afraid that it will leave the Top20 in its second week? :)
Tansike
Legend

Postby Fan » Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:32 pm

JakeP wrote:I've not had chance to check out Mabel as of yet but i'm hoping to find some time later tonight. :wink: I will especially give those songs you mention a listen.

Not yet, been at work all day. :lol: I think the Stormzy performance also didn't get added until the following day so it might still get uploaded tonight, or tomorrow. I didn't watch The x factor over the weekend and choose to just watch the performances on YouTube as it's so much better to do this.

Aww, i have a gut feeling people want to hear Niall doing more songs like Slow hands but i do adore his loveable ballads.

LOL i think Mel B has become too big for her boots. I don't know why but she always comes across as the most fragile of the girls, and i do think fame went to her head which is quite sad. Ohh did you go to the concert anyways? :D I still love her singles like Torn, Big mistake and Shiver.
Yay! Let me know what you think of them.

You were right actually, it's on their Youtube channel now. Was a fun performance, although not as good as the Jonathan Ross one for me!

Niall's album title is still so unfortunate for me as well. In Dutch, that word actually means faggot :-? I'm sure the label weren't aware of that :lol:

Ah, I don't know actually. It seems like she has been through a lot with her ex-husband the last few years which is very sad. She always seemed very strong and outspoken, but you could definitely be right. Although I do think Geri was the most fragile of the girls.
I didn't actually, didn't feel comfortable enough to go by myself. She has so many good singles indeed, her greatest hits album is pure love.
Fan
Legend

Postby JakeP » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:52 pm

Tansike wrote:let’s see what i missed…
Hey Tansike :D Aww, i love a good catch up. :wink:

JakeP wrote:
phoenix98 wrote:• I guess Tansike must've taken a cue from Paloma's payola and PMed you some n00dz to get that debut for "Only You"?
Sadly not, i think Tansike was on holiday last week. Shame as some n00dz would've certainly brightened up my week. :P I adore the new version of Only you though, its so dark and atmospheric.
WTF :o :lol: :lol: Love you guys :lol: [/quote]

LOL :lol: Even when you're on holiday we're thinking of you. :D

Tansike wrote:Oh, I can share these thoughts with you. Astrid, Zara and MO are all creating a sound which is very international, while Alma still sounds like she’s just a little indie artist who does music just for herself and not to score chart success, if that makes sense. Doesn’t have to be a bad thing obviously.
Alma is more indie than pure pop but i still struggle to really understand what exactly makes her so special apart from the yellow hair. :oops:

Tansike wrote:So here we are now and so far I’m slightly disappointed at how the album performs. I really thought he would do better based on the success of his singles so far, because Harry only had one hit and did much better. At least Niall should get better sales than Zayn in the long term. Overall, “Flicker” is definitely my favorite album of the former One Directioners; I guess I don’t even need to ask how you see this, as it’s a clear case :wink: And yes, Niall IS fine.
I just knew that Niall wouldn't be #1 in the UK. Our british media always set everything up, so like i've posted in the past they are using Harry as the benchmark of solo success and the other four can only compete to be second best. I'm glad Niall made chart history in America by becoming the third member of a group to score a solo #1 album, following The Beatles. That said, i thought Niall would still outsell P!nk in Australia considering how successful his singles were down under. I'm just happy that he's still had success and of course he's been doing that recent tour, and is going on a bigger arena tour in 2018. It's not just about album sales and i think Niall realises this. LOL yes, Niall is comfortably 1st but Zayn also did well as a few of his album tracks also made my chart. Harry still only has Sign of the times as his only successful single, whilst pretty much else sounds incredibly british but as if its been forced rather than sounding natural. :oops:

Tansike wrote:Ah would make sense. Yeah, I checked that performance out because everyone was talking about how weird it was. Definitely an interesting way to perform! Oh nice for “Perfect Places”. It’s incredible how underrated she is with her second album, which is clearly better than “Pure Heroine” in my opinion.
Gosh, this was ages ago! :lol: I've not played Homemade dynamite at all recently, and it was probably that week when i last listened to the song.

Tansike wrote:That’s nice – however, while I enjoyed both songs a lot when they came out, I got over them so quickly… :oops: Still surprised they didn’t do better on the official charts out there, especially “Let Me Go”.

Wait, you mean overall, or since he’s ‘solo’? :o Surely “Can’t Hold Us” or one of his other earlier hits are better for you, too? Yes, “Stargazing” is nice but I feel similar to you. It’s good but nothing that I’d really care for, and his newer releases are even weaker… which is sad, he had such a great start into 2017 with “It Ain’t Me” and “First Time” :(

This era has been a real mess so far, also with the two other new songs, and the video for “Ready For It?” only coming out now… anyways, I’m still excited for the album, which will be out in two days! Do you plan to check it out as well? And did you already check out her previous album(s)?
Same here, and i thought Let me go at the time would continue climbing but it ending losing steam and eventually the song had little replay value once the song had stopped growing on me.

Ohh no. :lol: I meant Good old days is my favourite track from Macklemore's latest album. :wink: I loved Macklemore & Ryan Lewis in 2013, Thrift shop was amazing, even Can't hold us was a strong follow up - possibly might've secured a week at #1 although it was out around the same time as Get lucky and Blurred lines which i was loving so much that summer. Same love was one of my first new #1 singles not long after i started compiling my own chart. Kygo struck gold with It ain't me and i agree none of his singles since then have made me want to go back to continue listening more and more.

LOL i'm shocked at how messy the Reputation era has turned out especially after such an incredible launch with Look what you made me do. I've never bought any Taylor albums but she released quite a few instant grats from 1989 before the whole album was released, and those songs made my chart. I'm sure the album will be successful next week but i still think ...ready for it? could've been bigger than it has been had they released the track and music video together.
JakeP
Manager

Postby JakeP » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:45 pm

Tansike wrote:Now time to pick up on the missed charts… doing a separate post otherwise it would have been too much at once… :oops:
I could never have too much Tansike in one post. The more the merrier. :P :wink:

Tansike wrote:So Niall got another week at #1, that’s really impressive! “Too Much To Ask” still didn’t get me as much as his other two songs did, but it’s definitely a good song and should be more successful.

Great debut for Charlie, I prefer “How Long” to “Attention”. Which one is your favorite of these two? I’m really looking forward to “Voicenotes” next year :)

Wow at that high re-entry for “No Witness”, and nice to see so many other great songs still doing so well as well. Oh and not surprised to see “71 Charger” only having a #20 entry… :oops:
Yes, Niall got to the #1 fair and square that week even though i wasn't really keen on the fact it went Logic - Niall - Logic - Niall but that's how it panned out. :lol: Logic for two weeks followed by Niall for two weeks would've looked more orderly but that's the beauty of personal charts. Sometimes they can look really random. :lol: :P

Charlie has done incredibly well and i'm so happy for him. He's not quite achieved the same level of success as 2015 when See you again and Marvin Gaye topped my chart but Attention had three weeks at #2 so was unlucky to stall so close to the top spot. I'd say Attention is marginally better but both really great songs. I'm hoping Voicenotes delivers more gems too.

LP brought out the music video that week which caught my attention and led to No witness getting another spike in its popularity, although it was short lived. But it was still #1 back in January so its still recognised as a successful single in my chart. :P Loreen was never going to chart high with 71 charger and judging from the latest single, she's only going to fare less and less likely to score any more entries in my chart. :(

Tansike wrote:WOW WOW WOW at #2 :o :o :o
This is brilliant! Never did I expect this to have such a great debut on your charts! “Only You” has been one of my clear highlights on Zara’s album since it came out, so I was freaking happy when they announced it as a single. And when they announced the Nena ‘remix’, I didn’t know what to expect at first, but it turned out sooo good. Have you seen their live performance? It was sooo good… :cry:

Also great to see “Whatever You Want” entering so high.
Ahh yes, i firstly saw the Zara & Nena video show up in my YouTube recommends so that's how i first discovered the song. Then i saw that you started a thread for the song in the pop forum, but i wasn't so keen on the original Zara version. This new arrangement completely made the song come to life for me, such an excellent transformation of the song making it sound more haunting and beautiful.

P!nk delivered another really good instant grat single with Whatever you want although as you've found out it's not my absolute favourite album track...

Tansike wrote:YAS, P!nk really delivered with “Beautiful Trauma” IMO. So you like it a lot as well, I guess?! I never was a big fan of her, just a casual listener who liked most of her singles, but I never really bothered about her albums, so I’m so positively surprised how much I like “Beautiful Trauma”… and the best thing is, we even share the same favorite: “Where We Go” :cool: It’s already in my personal P!nk Top3… :oops: Let’s hope she releases it as a single…
What do you think about “Revenge”? I hope they change the plans for it to be the second single… as it’s one of the weaker songs on the album, isn’t it?

Nice to see “Whatever It Takes”, but I thought it may do better on your charts. Should be another worldwide hit for them. They have such a great run at the moment, who would have thought this after “Smoke + Mirrors” flopped?
I had considered buying Beautiful trauma but my iTunes account was low on credit, and i had said all along i was gonna buy Flicker so i bought myself an iTunes gift card to credit my account (because i'm old fashioned :lol: ) but then i only decided to download a couple of the songs instead from P!nk's album but i've always got the option to complete my album if ever i decide to do that. :wink: Where we go is amazing, it stood out instantly when i first played it on YouTube. Someone had managed to upload the whole album on YouTube and it wasn't removed so i took advantage and listened to album that way, then bought the individual tracks i enjoyed the most. I agree, it really deserves to be a single. :D Hmm still not sold on Revenge, i still find the song a bit corny and sadly not particularly great, its one of the weaker songs on the album for me too. :(

Imagine Dragons benefitted mainly from the music video. You're right, their success has been amazing to see considering the lack of success from Smoke & mirrors. That said, they still haven't quite impacted in quite the same way they did with a couple of the singles taken from Night visions.

Tansike wrote:Niall :cool:
Obviously not a big surprise to see him slaying your charts, but it is a nice surprise to see “Seeing Blind” having such a great start. Really excited for their upcoming performance, and here’s hope they may also choose it as the fourth single of “Flicker”.

The best part this week must be the debut for “Anywhere”. #1 is more than deserved :cool:
Also love the entry for “Wolves”, while I do enjoy the ones for Kygo, Liam and Taylor, however especially Taylor and Kygo already released better stuff.
LOL the Niall domination was inevitable but it wasn't quite Adele levels of conquering my chart. A couple of album tracks still miss the mark for me so i prefer to focus on the tracks i truly enjoy listening to. Seeing blind is amazing, and i think it would be such a good choice as 4th single although a part of me thinks Flicker would also be a very popular song were Niall to promote the song on different tv shows as its such a lovely song. <3

Rita Ora really took me by surprise as i wasn't expecting such a flawless pop bop quite like Anywhere, but this is exactly the type of melodic, catchy unashamed pop music that i've come to enjoy so much over the years so this was a pleasant surprise.

Oh yes, Kygo and Taylor have definitely brought out better songs whilst Liam's latest single is better than Strip that down but i still prefer Get low more.

Tansike wrote:Now on to the latest edition… I can’t believe I didn’t comment for so long, I feel so bad… :oops:
Aww, don't feel so bad. It makes these moments extra special catching up and reflecting on what my thoughts and predictions were weeks ago, mainly to see how accurate i was. :lol: :P

Tansike wrote:Unexpected climb for “Wolves”. So the track grew on you? Or did it debut ‘just’ at #9 because it only came out like two days before you made the chart?

Also kinda unexpected entry for “I Miss You” because I thought it may do worse after reading your comment over in my chart topic. Glad it still made it to the Top10, and here’s hope it may be a grower for you :)

The best part this week is Marina of course! Very happy she released herself from the one hit wonder on your chart, and I’m so happy she made it with “Something”, which is clearly the highlight of her new album. Is there a chance this may be a surprise hit here, or do I have to be afraid that it will leave the Top20 in its second week? :)
Ahh i knew that Wolves was gonna climb. Indeed it was the Thursday evening (i think) when i first heard Wolves so it only had 1 and a ½ days to make an impact, and it was clearly an incredibly busy week with Niall having multiple chart entries, so #9 was the best Selena could manage. With a full week of airplay and then the music video coming out last Friday helped boost the single into my top 5. :D

That's because Clean Bandit have always entered high in my chart, in most cases either at #1 or in the case of Rockabye at #2 behind Shout out to my ex before climbing to #1. In this instance, I miss you entering at #10 is the lowest a Clean Bandit single has debuted since Come over got to #19 in 2014. So that's why it looks like an underperformance, they usually deliver incredible instant hits. In fact, I miss you did grow on me gradually more which is what helped the single crack the top 10.

Aww, Something is a lovely song so i must thank you for this discovery. It might not look as impressive entering at #16 but i always say a song has done well if it makes my top 20. :wink: LOL never assume anything. :P Something makes me feel really christmassy and its perfect for this time of year, so its actually got a chance of doing better than Homeless. :wink:
JakeP
Manager

Postby phoenix98 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:00 pm

JakeP wrote:To be honest, when Kendrick released DAMN i heard some of the album tracks on YouTube but only a small handful of the tracks appealed to me. I still love my commercial radio friendly pop sound too, so some of these underground sounding r'n'b songs fail to resonate with me.

Ah, was this song released before Baby? I don't recognise it at all but the chorus doesn't half remind me of Forever by Chris Brown. :lol:
Same here, for sure. From the small bits I've read about Kendrick, there's a lot of focus on his writing - which is totally commendable and praise-worthy, but when it comes to choosing the music that I want to hear, the melody is a huge factor too (often even more than the lyrics, like with foreign-language hits), and that's where acts like Kendrick sometimes lose me. The content of what they're saying isn't irrelevant by any means...but since this is music, and not poetry, the way they're saying (well, singing) it is pretty crucial. I definitely don't mean to dismiss his talent, it just seems like what he offers isn't what typically attracts me to music.

"Never Let You Go" came after "Baby", and shortly before My World 2.0 as one of those iTunes countdown singles. I don't think it was ever sent to radio, so I'm not sure why it got a video...but maybe it was planned to be a full single before they decided to focus on "Somebody To Love" instead?

JakeP wrote:I've never understood the reasoning behind that. When i was young i didn't have the same level of knowledge of how the music industry and record labels operated. Because i grew up at a time when songs mainly entered at #1, i used to think that was common practice in the charts and then it was more surprising whenever a song climbed to #1. I suppose that's reflected in the way i compile my charts. :lol: :oops: They're excellent examples, and there must be so many more going back through the decades. When i think back to the early 00s there were some groups that got a record deal and i think to myself "why?". :lol:
Ah, so the Jakeboard methodology is inspired by the official UK charts of the late-90's and early-00's?

JakeP wrote:To be honest, i had a guy instinct all along that Niall wouldn't be #1 and when i found out that George Michael album was getting released, that just confirmed my initial doubts. It does feel like the media are desperate to portray Harry Styles as the biggest member of One Direction which is perfectly fine, but i don't feel like his album delivered to the extent i could understand the hype. Sign of the times is the only great song Harry has released. His material overall just isn't to my liking, but i still respect Harry for daring to be different unlike Liam and Louis who are just appealing purely to Spotify streamers but i don't see people remembering their music fondly in years to come.
That's an interesting discussion, especially since I'm able to hear your perspective living in the UK. I remember reading how Harry was treated as the lead/Justin Timberlake of 1D until they blew up internationally, when focus shifted more toward Zayn (which is the impression I always got living in the States, though I might be a TAD biased by the fact that I found Zayn the fittest) :oops: I'm not the most active individual when it comes to social media, but it does seem like Zayn gets the most buzz/headlines beyond the scope of his music (who he's dating, what's his newest tattoo, what color he dyed his hair, etc.) It sounds like Harry still generates the most media buzz in the UK, though?

Ha, idk...it just seems like Harry chose to pander to critics instead of chasing chart hits - which is perfectly legitimate, but no less calculated/contrived than what the others have done. He might genuinely be a fan of the classic rock groups he chose to emulate on his album, just like Zayn might genuinely be a fan of The Weeknd/Frank Ocean/whoever else inspired his, and maybe Liam just loves his modern mainstream chart stuff ;) Calculated/contrived is probably too harsh, since I don’t think it’s a bad thing to have a plan/vision when creating an album. It’s not like any act just struts into the recording booth and starts singing whatever pops into their head :lol: That said, I can understand why Harry's choice to channel acts like The Rolling Stones and Pink Floyd has won more respect/recognition than Liam's choice to channel the likes of Mr. Levine and Mr. Derülo. :oops:

JakeP wrote:It's all in Liam's falsetto, its pure Adam Levine. :lol: Niall has definitely delivered a solid album, and regardless of how it sells in the long run its an album i really enjoy for the most part. :D
Too true! :lol:

That sincere seal of JakeP approval for Flicker means moutains more than a UK No. 1 anyway 8-) Kidding (but not kidding) aside, I hear you. I do enjoy following the charts, but whether or not I actually enjoy the material means much more than how well (or poorly) it performed with the public. It's great when both align, but by no means necessary (otherwise I would've had to give up on Carly Rae a while ago...)

JakeP wrote:Wouldn't that be amazing? Although the press would make a bigger deal over the fact the adorable fan was male. :lol: Or should that be :evil: ? :P lol
You're probably right :( You and your new husband Niall would make perfect posterboys for our community's continued fight for equality, though! The ultimate gay power couple. 8-)

JakeP wrote:I really wasn't expecting to see Rita #1 in your chart so when i read the subtitle "looking for connection" i had one of those mixed :o :D moments, where your eyes lit up. :lol: But its such an incredible pop song, i was so impressed when i first heard Anywhere.
:D Always glad when my chart can provide some pleasant surprises!

JakeP wrote:Seeing blind is such an excellent song, i really do think this should be the next single. I would also love it if Niall does some more tv promo in the coming weeks. Its sad that Simon won't have Niall on The x factor because he refused to sign a contract with his label, but on the flip side if Niall were to perform on Strictly come dancing, that show gets like 10 or 11 million viewers - more than double what The x factor gets these days, so Niall would benefit from reaching to a much bigger tv audience. :D
I feel like I've betrayed you a bit, but...I managed to get added to my bf's Apple Music family plan, so I'm officially a streamer now :oops: On the bright side: that means I have easy instant access to Flicker! Now that I've heard the album in full a few times, I'm even more on-board with "Seeing Blind" being the next single! It sounded good when I checked it out after seeing it on your last chart, and it's really solidified its status as the album's standout (besides the tracks that I'd already heard) as I've played through it over the course of this week.

Overall, it's a really a sweet record (perfect as background music for your cuddle sessions with him!), and pretty cohesive...but, much like Miley's Younger Now, there's some really slow songs that fail to hook me (especially that stretch from "Flicker" ---> "You And Me") :oops: "Since We're Alone" and "Mirrors" have caught my attention too - I just wish there were more moments like “Slow Hands”, but the bulk of the album is closer to “This Town” and “Too Much To Ask” (which are both lovely, they just don’t keep me coming back as often.)

JakeP wrote:Wolves seems to have split opinion but i like the song a lot. The chorus has that singalong ability about it, very similar to the chorus of It ain't me and i personally think it works a treat. :wink: It "only" got to #9 last week because it was released halfway into the week and the competition inside the top 5 was too strong for a last minute addition to ruffle the feathers. :P As it stands, Selena Gomez is set to climb to a new peak benefitting from a full week of plays. Have you seen the music video? It's basically Selena and Marshmello on FaceTime. :lol:
Those similarities to "It Ain't Me" might actually be working against it for me, since I never got massively into that tune either. :oops:

That video is pretty clever, though! Fairly simple/straightforward, but still creative and (kind of) entertaining. Thanks for mentioning it!

JakeP wrote:LOL let's see if Liam's music video lives up to its song title. Will he finally "strip that down" and leave his clothes on the "bedroom floor" or is he just attention seeking and he'll remain fully clothed in the video? The definition of anticlimax right there! :lol:
**Sigh**

**Sigh**

**Sigh**

I mean...I can't be AS mad about this video, since there weren't any misleading teaser clips (as least not that I saw)...but, much like Nick Jonas, Liam picks some surprising times to be modest. Sexy photo shoots galore, but when it comes to making a video where showing off that body would be completely lyrically-relevant? Fully-clothed throughout, of COURSE! :x

JakeP wrote:01 (01) Rita Ora - Anywhere [2 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
02 (04) Camila Cabello featuring Young Thug - Havana [8 wks] [#2]
03 (03) Mabel featuring Kojo Funds - Finders keepers [4 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
04 (02) Niall Horan & Maren Morris - Seeing blind [2 wks] [#2]
07 (05) P!nk - Where we go [3 wks] [#2]
08 (11) Charlie Puth - How long [5 wks] [#4]
09 (06) Niall Horan - Mirrors [2 wks] [#6]
11 (07) Niall Horan - Flicker [2 wks] [#7]
12 (10) Niall Horan - On the loose [2 wks] [#10]
14 (12) Niall Horan - Too much to ask [8 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
15 (NE) Mariah Carey - Lil snowman [1 wk] [#15]
17 (NE) Paloma Faith - Guilty [1 wk] [#17]
• Exciting to see Rita holding strong - but can Camila end her reign, just like she did with Post Malone in the UK (and hopefully in the US too?) Is this set to out-perform everything that 5H have achieved on your chart?
• I'll really be shocked if anything besides "Seeing Blind" is chosen as Niall's next single. A part of me wishes it had been chosen as the third single to lead into the album's release...but I guess it made sense to go back to a ballad after "Slow Hands", and now they still have at least one really strong option waiting in the wings to keep the era's momentum going (or end the era on a high note, though I wouldn't complain about getting a fifth single too...)
• I've only given "Lil Snowman" a quick listen so far, since I'm waiting for the official release (which I think is tomorrow?), but it DEFINITELY sounds much more promising than "The Star." :lol:
• That Tansike impact! "Something" is really beautiful...but also so sad, haunting. :cry:

Yet another chart that's THE place to be, Jake! :D
phoenix98
Legend

Postby JakeP » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:13 pm

phoenix98 wrote:Same here, for sure. From the small bits I've read about Kendrick, there's a lot of focus on his writing - which is totally commendable and praise-worthy, but when it comes to choosing the music that I want to hear, the melody is a huge factor too (often even more than the lyrics, like with foreign-language hits), and that's where acts like Kendrick sometimes lose me. The content of what they're saying isn't irrelevant by any means...but since this is music, and not poetry, the way they're saying (well, singing) it is pretty crucial. I definitely don't mean to dismiss his talent, it just seems like what he offers isn't what typically attracts me to music.

"Never Let You Go" came after "Baby", and shortly before My World 2.0 as one of those iTunes countdown singles. I don't think it was ever sent to radio, so I'm not sure why it got a video...but maybe it was planned to be a full single before they decided to focus on "Somebody To Love" instead?
That's fair enough, to be honest i'm all about melodies too. I think HUMBLE. was almost novelty-esque and also had the really interesting music video to boost the track too. I also liked that simple piano melody you hear throughout HUMBLE. too. I agree, his lyricism is so strong and i think the only other rapper who ever had that same level of lyricism was Eminem, and again most of his songs were backed up with interesting backing music.

Ohh my knowledge of all things Justin Bieber pre-puberty are virtually non existent. :lol: I knew Baby because that song was inescapable on the music channels. I think it was from Boyfriend onwards when i took more notice of Justin but even then many of his songs didn't really appeal to me.

phoenix98 wrote:Ah, so the Jakeboard methodology is inspired by the official UK charts of the late-90's and early-00's?
LOL you could say that, or at least it's styled on the way the UK charts used to be compiled. :P Like i posted last week, growing up throughout the early 00s it always seemed like a big deal to enter at #1. Then it was equally impressive whenever songs climbed to #1, and this also happens in my chart from time to time.

But i also like that everyone on UK Mix has their own methodology when it comes to compiling their own charts. I think its very reflective of the music each person loves, and how varied our tastes are. :wink:

phoenix98 wrote:That's an interesting discussion, especially since I'm able to hear your perspective living in the UK. I remember reading how Harry was treated as the lead/Justin Timberlake of 1D until they blew up internationally, when focus shifted more toward Zayn (which is the impression I always got living in the States, though I might be a TAD biased by the fact that I found Zayn the fittest) :oops: I'm not the most active individual when it comes to social media, but it does seem like Zayn gets the most buzz/headlines beyond the scope of his music (who he's dating, what's his newest tattoo, what color he dyed his hair, etc.) It sounds like Harry still generates the most media buzz in the UK, though?

Ha, idk...it just seems like Harry chose to pander to critics instead of chasing chart hits - which is perfectly legitimate, but no less calculated/contrived than what the others have done. He might genuinely be a fan of the classic rock groups he chose to emulate on his album, just like Zayn might genuinely be a fan of The Weeknd/Frank Ocean/whoever else inspired his, and maybe Liam just loves his modern mainstream chart stuff ;) Calculated/contrived is probably too harsh, since I don’t think it’s a bad thing to have a plan/vision when creating an album. It’s not like any act just struts into the recording booth and starts singing whatever pops into their head :lol: That said, I can understand why Harry's choice to channel acts like The Rolling Stones and Pink Floyd has won more respect/recognition than Liam's choice to channel the likes of Mr. Levine and Mr. Derülo. :oops:
There is definitely a level of favouritism towards Harry. For example BBC1 had a Harry Styles special last week simply called Harry Styles at the BBC where was interviewed and performed tracks off his album. I want to watch Niall Horan at the BBC thank you very much! :D But i have a feeling this won't happen because the emphasis is always on Harry as being the star. :x

I've not really thought about it that way. Even if that was the case, Harry's album tracks that i've heard didn't appeal to me at all. Zayn had a couple of his album tracks make my chart after Mind of mine was released, so he's already done better than Harry. I know we've yet to hear albums from Liam and Louis but i just don't think they're gonna cut it. Niall is the only one who has stayed true to his roots if One Direction's music is anything to go off. Well, i guess Harry has to a small extent keeping the pop/rock sound but just forgetting the "songs". :lol: :oops:

phoenix98 wrote:Too true! :lol:

That sincere seal of JakeP approval for Flicker means moutains more than a UK No. 1 anyway 8-) Kidding (but not kidding) aside, I hear you. I do enjoy following the charts, but whether or not I actually enjoy the material means much more than how well (or poorly) it performed with the public. It's great when both align, but by no means necessary (otherwise I would've had to give up on Carly Rae a while ago...)
I'm still enjoying Flicker but its now got to that stage where i'm going back and listening to my personal favourites and i'm hardly listening to small handful of songs that just haven't clicked despite really wanting to like them. :( Oh totally, i do love seeing my favourite songs doing well in the charts but i accept that especially streaming has made that increasingly more difficult to happen. :evil: lol

phoenix98 wrote:You're probably right :( You and your new husband Niall would make perfect posterboys for our community's continued fight for equality, though! The ultimate gay power couple. 8-)
Aww, i would be on cloud 9 if that happened. Niall really is one of the few male singers around who i adore wholeheartedly. I've always had a soft spot for Olly Alexander too which we've discussed in the post. But Niall has the irish charm about him as well as everything else. <3 You got me wondering with the use of the word "power" i wonder if Niall would be a power bottom? :lol: :wink:

phoenix98 wrote: :D Always glad when my chart can provide some pleasant surprises!
Oh totally, and it's even better when it means a shared #1 in both our charts. Hooray for synchronicity. :D

phoenix98 wrote:I feel like I've betrayed you a bit, but...I managed to get added to my bf's Apple Music family plan, so I'm officially a streamer now :oops: On the bright side: that means I have easy instant access to Flicker! Now that I've heard the album in full a few times, I'm even more on-board with "Seeing Blind" being the next single! It sounded good when I checked it out after seeing it on your last chart, and it's really solidified its status as the album's standout (besides the tracks that I'd already heard) as I've played through it over the course of this week.

Overall, it's a really a sweet record (perfect as background music for your cuddle sessions with him!), and pretty cohesive...but, much like Miley's Younger Now, there's some really slow songs that fail to hook me (especially that stretch from "Flicker" ---> "You And Me") :oops: "Since We're Alone" and "Mirrors" have caught my attention too - I just wish there were more moments like “Slow Hands”, but the bulk of the album is closer to “This Town” and “Too Much To Ask” (which are both lovely, they just don’t keep me coming back as often.)
Aww, that's not betrayal. :lol: That's an opportunity to tell me about all the advantages of streaming. Although it's Apple Music rather than Spotify so i don't really know what makes them different from each other. :oops: Seeing blind has remained a strong favourite but this week Niall uploaded another performance of the track Flicker on his YouTube channel and this is seriously growing on me and i can see this re-peaking in my next chart. Both songs are so gorgeous in own way.

I get the impression many people want to hear from tracks like Slow hands perhaps as you point out to break up the monotony of ballads. Since we're alone narrowly missed out on making my top 20 when the album made its impact. I much prefer Mirrors as its got a killer chorus which totally sells the song more to me. I'd like to think that Niall is a true romantic hence the array of ballads on his album. :wink:

phoenix98 wrote:Those similarities to "It Ain't Me" might actually be working against it for me, since I never got massively into that tune either. :oops:

That video is pretty clever, though! Fairly simple/straightforward, but still creative and (kind of) entertaining. Thanks for mentioning it!
Oh right, i actually loved It ain't me and would've had a shot at #1 had it not been up against the powerful force of Lana's Love and Katy's Chained to the rhythm as i remember that particular week all three songs racked up quite a lot of plays.

The music video for Wolves is indeed an interesting one. I don't know why but i was sort of expecting something a bit more dramatic for some reason. :oops:

phoenix98 wrote:**Sigh**

**Sigh**

**Sigh**

I mean...I can't be AS mad about this video, since there weren't any misleading teaser clips (as least not that I saw)...but, much like Nick Jonas, Liam picks some surprising times to be modest. Sexy photo shoots galore, but when it comes to making a video where showing off that body would be completely lyrically-relevant? Fully-clothed throughout, of COURSE! :x
LOL i even made that comment before the video came out, and Liam delivered the anticlimax. :lol: Do you suspect he's trolling his fans as his song titles and music videos are sending out mixed messages. :lol: :P

phoenix98 wrote:• Exciting to see Rita holding strong - but can Camila end her reign, just like she did with Post Malone in the UK (and hopefully in the US too?) Is this set to out-perform everything that 5H have achieved on your chart?
• I'll really be shocked if anything besides "Seeing Blind" is chosen as Niall's next single. A part of me wishes it had been chosen as the third single to lead into the album's release...but I guess it made sense to go back to a ballad after "Slow Hands", and now they still have at least one really strong option waiting in the wings to keep the era's momentum going (or end the era on a high note, though I wouldn't complain about getting a fifth single too...)
• I've only given "Lil Snowman" a quick listen so far, since I'm waiting for the official release (which I think is tomorrow?), but it DEFINITELY sounds much more promising than "The Star." :lol:
• That Tansike impact! "Something" is really beautiful...but also so sad, haunting. :cry:

Yet another chart that's THE place to be, Jake! :D
My love for Anywhere is still strong so i'm inclined to say its unlikely to happen, but i'd say Havana outperformed all the Fifth Harmony singles last week when Camila climbed to #4, so by continuing its rise to #2 this is comfortably more successful. By comparison, the most successful Fifth Harmony single in my chart is That's my girl which peaked at #8.

I'd say it's likely to be between Seeing blind and Flicker for fourth single, and i'd be delighted regardless as i'm loving both songs. A part of me thinks Too much to ask was an excellent choice for third single because we get to hear Niall at his most honest, his vocals are so pure on the song and the chorus has such a lovely warmth about it. As long as its not Fire away because that song is a bit too chilled out for my liking, i hate to think this but i find the song incredibly boring to listen to. :oops:

Lil snowman was a premature chart entry. :lol: I heard it in the pop forum thread leading me to believe the song had been released, i was really impressed and gave the track a fair few plays. Then the audio track was removed from YouTube which hindered the song from entering higher but that just made me question why the record label didn't just release the single properly last week. Holding it back until tomorrow wasn't going to make that much difference, surely? :-?

I posted in Tansike's thread about how Something somehow makes me feel all christmassy because of its beautiful but haunting nature. It's an endearing song and it also has a good chance of climbing next week. :D
JakeP
Manager

Postby JakeP » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:04 pm

JakeP Top 20 (11th November 2017)

ImageImageImageImageImage

01 (01) Rita Ora - Anywhere [3 wks] [#1] (3 wks @ #1)
02 (04) Niall Horan & Maren Morris - Seeing blind [3 wks] [#2]
03 (11) Niall Horan - Flicker [3 wks] [#3]
04 (NE) Sia - Snowman [1 wk] [#4]
05 (NE) Eminem featuring Beyoncé - Walk on water [1 wk] [#5]
06 (02) Camila Cabello featuring Young Thug - Havana [9 wks] [#2]
07 (03) Mabel featuring Kojo Funds - Finders keepers [5 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
08 (05) Selena Gomez & Marshmello - Wolves [3 wks] [#5]
09 (16) Marina Kaye - Something [2 wks] [#9]
10 (10) Clean Bandit featuring Julia Michaels - I miss you [2 wks] [#10]
11 (NE) Taylor Swift - Call it what you want [1 wk] [#11]
12 (NE) Natasha Bedingfield - Hey boy [1 wk] [#12]
13 (09) Niall Horan - Mirrors [3 wks] [#6]
14 (NE) Robbie Williams - Run it wild [1 wk] [#14]
15 (14) Niall Horan - Too much to ask [9 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
16 (06) Robbie Williams featuring Big Narstie & Atlantic Horns - Go mental [2 wks] [#6]
17 (20) MØ - When i was young [2 wks] [#17]
18 (08) Charlie Puth - How long [6 wks] [#4]
19 (07) P!nk - Where we go [4 wks] [#2]
20 (12) Niall Horan - On the loose [3 wks] [#10]

The Hit Seeker

Taylor Swift - New year’s day
JakeP
Manager

Postby Fan » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:01 pm

Rita still slaying it at #1 8-)
It's actually very nice to see how everyone is loving this and are behind her again. It felt like after releasing I Will Never Let You Down, everyone was kinda over her (myself including), but she has come back hard!

I am a bit disappointed by the new Eninem x Beyonce track, based on the names alone I was definitely expecting something more. Especially the chorus sounds rather lame to me.

Nice to see Natasha entering. It's no These Words or Unwritten, but I do like it quite a lot.
Fan
Legend

Postby JakeP » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:35 pm

Fan wrote:Rita still slaying it at #1 8-)
It's actually very nice to see how everyone is loving this and are behind her again. It felt like after releasing I Will Never Let You Down, everyone was kinda over her (myself including), but she has come back hard!

I am a bit disappointed by the new Eninem x Beyonce track, based on the names alone I was definitely expecting something more. Especially the chorus sounds rather lame to me.

Nice to see Natasha entering. It's no These Words or Unwritten, but I do like it quite a lot.
Thanks Fan :D

Yes, i'm actually kinda surprised as its seems unusual for so many people on UK Mix to be in agreement over a pop song but Anywhere really is outstanding. I will be so happy if this goes all the way to #1 in the UK. I liked I will never let you down but i didn't love that song. I'd even say i prefer Your song more.

I've read a lot of comments in the r'n'b forum about Walk on water. It seems many people on UK Mix just don't like the stripped back simplicity of the track. I love it, perhaps i was instantly caught up in the hype and was a bit too quick to judge the song as a masterpiece. :lol: :oops: But for me, i'm loving this track because it's so honest and raw. I've always admired Eminem's ability to showcase different emotions in his music, you never really know what to expect when he brings out new music so i find it exciting.

I was impressed when i first heard Hey boy. Yes, i agree it''s no These words or Unwrtten but i really like that Natasha brought out this song. It was never going to be a hit in the UK because our radio stations just regard her as "old" and "irrelevant". :x Can't wait for the Drake remix, it'll soon shoot up Spotify. :lol: :P
JakeP
Manager

Return to Personal Charts