JakeP Top 20

Moderators: JSparksFan, tdc2000, FreakyFlyBry

Postby JSparksFan » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:28 am

"Dancing" continues its reign here! Good to see!

And whilst "The Champion" has fallen off, "My My My!" endures. The new P!nk song is good. I thought her performance of it at the Grammy Awards was terrific.

01 (01) Kylie Minogue - Dancing [3 wks] [#1] (3 wks @ #1)
02 (NE) Lady Gaga - Joanne (where do you think you’re goin’?) [piano version] [1 wk] [#2]
04 (04) Justin Timberlake featuring Chris Stapleton - Say something [2 wks] [#4]
05 (03) Troye Sivan - My my my! [4 wks] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
06 (07) Camila Cabello - She loves control [2 wks] [#6]
10 (05) Bruno Mars featuring Cardi B - Finesse [5 wks] [#5]
12 (NE) P!nk - Wild hearts can’t be broken [1 wk] [#12]
13 (10) Liam Payne & Rita Ora - For you [5 wks] [#3]
16 (13) Kesha - This is me [6 wks] [#2]
17 (NE) Shakira featuring Maluma - Trap [1 wk] [#17]

JakeP wrote:The Kendrick Lamar/SZA song isn't bad. I think I like it, than most of their solo songs. Great to see "Finesse" on its way to the Top 5. Hope it keeps progressing to that point.
Have you heard Kendrick Lamar/Weeknd collab "Pray for Me"? It's even better than "All the Stars" for me.
Aretha Franklin was an angel. Her voice helped lift our spirits and at times gave us the soundtrack to cope with our pain.
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby JakeP » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:00 pm

SummerPeur wrote:
Kylie 3 weeks @ #1 :cry: :cry: . YES MAMA :lol: Did you enjoy the music video?
Spoiler:

02 (NE) Lady Gaga - Joanne (where do you think you’re goin’?) [piano version] [1 wk] [#2]
11 (NE) Sofi Tukker featuring NERVO, The Knocks & Alisa Ueno - Best friend [1 wk] [#11]
Great to see Lady G pop up as well! She really is showing some sides to her that I wouldn't of known existed back when she was popping out Poker Face and Bad Romance :lol:.

+ I didn't know this song (Best Friend), but I went and checked it out because it was featuring Nervo! (Who I enjoy); and I gotta say I really enjoyed it, so thanks for introducing me! :D. Are you a fan of Nervo as well?
Thanks SummerPeur :D

Kylie is smashing it out of the park right now. Dancing is such a delight and i personally adore the music video. It's just makes me smile when i'm watching the video and Kylie looks so happy. If this could scrape at least one week inside the UK top 40 i'd be over the moon.

Lady Gaga has showcased her vulnerable side in the past but it really shines on this new version of Joanne which is why its entered so high in my chart. I've never been struck on the original purely because i find Lady Gaga's vocals really lame. :lol: Bad romance and Poker face are easily Lady Gaga's best two singles. :wink:

The Sofi Tukker track is an interesting one. I'd seen it listed in Benjamin's chart but never did get round to checking the song out. What caught me attention the most was seeing Best friend #1 on iTunes in Belgium which is what led me to check out the song on YouTube. I love the fact it sounds so fresh and different to what else is in the charts and each act has a role to play in the song. The whole thing works so well, it's already grown on me more so expect to see Sofi Tukker in my top 10 next week. :wink: Aww, i'm so happy you made the discovery through my chart. It's apparently been out since last October but i'd never heard it until last week. As for NERVO, they have had three tracks enter my chart:

#2 NERVO featuring Kylie Minogue, Jake Shears & Nile Rodgers - The other boys
#11 Sofi Tukker featuring NERVO, The Knocks & Alisa Ueno - Best friend
#19 R3hab & NERVO featuring Ummet Ozcan - Revolution
JakeP
Manager

Postby JakeP » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:02 pm

heppolo wrote:11 (NE) Sofi Tukker featuring NERVO, The Knocks & Alisa Ueno - Best friend [1 wk] [#11]

Okay song, Sofi Tukker & NERVO both had better tracks
Thanks heppolo :D

I'm not that familiar with Sofi Tukker so this is their first ever appearance in my chart, but i'm loving Best friend that little bit more, the more i listen to the track. As for NERVO, their biggest hit in my chart is The other boys which got to #2 in my chart.
JakeP
Manager

Postby JakeP » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:11 pm

JSparksFan wrote:"Dancing" continues its reign here! Good to see!

And whilst "The Champion" has fallen off, "My My My!" endures. The new P!nk song is good. I thought her performance of it at the Grammy Awards was terrific.

04 (04) Justin Timberlake featuring Chris Stapleton - Say something [2 wks] [#4]
17 (NE) Shakira featuring Maluma - Trap [1 wk] [#17]

JakeP wrote:The Kendrick Lamar/SZA song isn't bad. I think I like it, than most of their solo songs. Great to see "Finesse" on its way to the Top 5. Hope it keeps progressing to that point.
Have you heard Kendrick Lamar/Weeknd collab "Pray for Me"? It's even better than "All the Stars" for me.
Thanks Akini :D

Kylie is on a roll so far. How much longer can it continue? :P Yes, Carrie Underwood didn't get many plays last week, more emphasis on the newest releases whilst songs from Mabel and Troye Sivan continue to keep me going back for more. :P

P!nk stripped everything back and gave a simple but honest performance. But like i posted in your chart thread, i just don't regard this particular song as a hit single. :(

I have listened to Pray for me and it is great. It reminds me of Starboy (to a certain extent) which isn't a bad thing at all. One to look out for in my next chart. :wink:
JakeP
Manager

Postby phoenix98 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:30 pm

JakeP wrote:Hey Mr Paul :D
Salutations Mr. Jake :D

JakeP wrote:LOL indeed the power of Taylor Swift and it just happened to be one of the first words i could think of. :lol: I thought Jake was quite a common name so find it interesting that you thought the pronunciation was different. :P
Oh, that was just my lame attempt at a joke :lol: We were talking about Keeping Up Appearances, and just like Mrs. Bucket always corrected people claiming it's pronounced "Bouquet", I was kidding that you might pronounce Jake "Ja-KAY!"

JakeP wrote:LOL its just Liam Payne trying to appear edgy. Are those tattoos even real, or just those arm sleeves that you put on to make it look like you've got a tattoo on your arm? :lol: For you has recovered slightly but its still hovering near the bottom of the daily top 50 so at this rate it's never going to make the top 10. :roll:
Sadly, they seem to be the real deal, since they're still visible in his recent random selfies :cry: Must be Zayn's bad influence ;) Granted, Cheryl has a tad too many tats for my tastes too, so maybe she's to blame?

JakeP wrote:Sigrid make the top 10. :D :D :D 8-) 8-) 8-) :P :P :P I'm just so happy that Strangers has finally cracked the difficult UK top 10. Spotify continues to defy belief as i'm sure for the last week Sigrid has either been at #51 or #52 each day. Making the top 50 would give her such a boost but typically its not happening. :roll:
Awesome! That makes it her first-ever UK Top 10, yeah? I didn't realize it was THAT low on Spotify :o It's crazy how the same song can be Top 5 on iTunes (for some time now), but still not even Top 50 on Spotify. Is Spotify blacklisting her from their playlists or something...? :lol:

JakeP wrote:I don't have any pets at the moment. We had a german shepherd called Penny when i was young but i was devastated when she died. Pets always feel like part of the family so its difficult to come to terms with losing a pet that you've loved for so long. My parents didn't get anymore pets after Penny, i think they were also equally saddened. I don't think they were prepared to go through all that again. :cry:

Do you have any adorable pets? :P
Aw, sorry to hear that about Penny :( Losing a beloved pet really is heartbreaking, so I can understand not wanting to endure that again.

I do! Two cats: Sierra and Sweet Pea (they both came from shelters. so I just kept the names they already had.) :lol:

JakeP wrote:Rhodes & Birdy - Let it all go
Sia - Alive
Adele - Hello
Katy Perry featuring Skip Marley - Chained to the rhythm
Clean Bandit featuring Zara Larsson - Symphony
P!nk - What about us
Troye Sivan - My my my!
Kylie Minogue - Dancing
Wow, that's a pretty elite group then, with only eight entries! So either 2018 has been especially strong so far, having already produced two...or especially slow, and competition just hasn't been as tough. Bit of both, maybe? Kylie did fend off Mabel, so she didn't exactly have an easy ride right to the top.

JakeP wrote:She loves control is such a great pop song. So much better than Never be the same which i'm still struggling to get into. I've also not even checked out the rest of Camila's album yet. Which tracks on the album are your personal favourites?
Bummer about NBTS, but hopefully she'll make the right call and push "She Loves Control" next to get back in your good graces ;) "In The Dark" has been her album's biggest standout for me, but I get how it's not as radio-ready as SLC. I like pretty much every track on it (just some a bit more than others), so hopefully we're in for a longer era!

JakeP wrote:01 (01) Kylie Minogue - Dancing [3 wks] [#1] (3 wks @ #1)
03 (02) Mabel & Not3s - Fine line [3 wks] [#2]
09 (06) Sigrid - Strangers [9 wks] [#2]
14 (16) Zedd, Maren Morris & Grey - The middle [2 wks] [#14]
15 (12) Dua Lipa - Homesick [9 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
18 (NE) Paloma Faith - Til i’m done [1 wk] [#18]
19 (14) Dua Lipa - IDGAF [3 wks] [#14]
20 (RE) Hailee Steinfeld & BloodPop® - Capital letters [2 wks] [#16]
• No complaints about Kylie still clutching that crown. 8-)
• ...but might Gaga finally knock her off the throne? I can't decide if I prefer the album version or this new rendition of "Joanne." It's definitely a closer call than I expected (since I already liked the original well enough.)
• I wasn't totally sure what to make of P!nk's Grammy performance. On one hand, it makes sense that she wouldn't try to constantly top that iconic "Glitter In The Air" performance, but I wonder if she might've gone a tad too far in the opposite direction with such a simple, stripped-down performance? She certainly sounded fantastic, though, and I wasn't expecting to get an official video right after too! The Beautiful Trauma era seems to have gotten a little messy after "What About Us", with the cancellation of "Revenge", and then the title track getting a video instead (but not much/any other promo, as far as I know.) Granted, we were just saying something similar about the Reputation era too, so maybe messier eras are more the norm in the streaming era? Gone are the days of putting all the focus (radio push, video, televised performances) on just one specific single at a time...? JT's been giving everything videos lately (and sending the songs to different radio formats), Camila kept putting out two singles at a time ("Crying In The Club"/"I Have Questions", "Havana"/"OMG", "Never Be The Same"/"Real Friends") and then narrowed the focus to whichever took off more. Even Dua's done some double-duty with "Homesick" and "IDGAF" lately (she performed "Homesick" on SNL, when I thought "IDGAF" was her next US single?)
• Lovin' the debut for "Til I'm Done" :D It was a relief to see it dent the latest UK chart, since I recently learned that poor "Guilty" missed out entirely! :cry:
• Really glad to see "Capital Letters" back! Video effect?

Yet another boogielicious chart, Jake! :D
phoenix98
Legend

Postby cheapthrills » Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:49 pm

IDGAF didn't make it very far into my top 20 either, while Homesick has entered the top 10.

Yay for Joanne - future #1. Agree that Pray For Me is better than All the Stars though I like both.

Yay for Troye hanging in the top 5 :)

Why did Shakira debut so low? :evil:
cheapthrills
Superstar

Postby JakeP » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:35 am

phoenix98 wrote:Salutations Mr. Jake :D
Bonjour monsieur Paul. :P

phoenix98 wrote:Oh, that was just my lame attempt at a joke :lol: We were talking about Keeping Up Appearances, and just like Mrs. Bucket always corrected people claiming it's pronounced "Bouquet", I was kidding that you might pronounce Jake "Ja-KAY!"
LOL oh dear i totally missed that one. :lol: :oops: Sadly i'm not quite as fabulous as Mrs. Bucket. :P

phoenix98 wrote:Sadly, they seem to be the real deal, since they're still visible in his recent random selfies :cry: Must be Zayn's bad influence ;) Granted, Cheryl has a tad too many tats for my tastes too, so maybe she's to blame?
A mirror over the bed? How vain. :lol: Although i'm sure that's Cheryl's idea so she can make sure she looks immaculate when she wakes up in the morning. She probably has her make up team ready at her bedside when she awakes. :P Have to admit i'm not much a tattoo guy and i would never have my skin inked. What might look cool aged 20 isn't going look great aged 60.

phoenix98 wrote:Awesome! That makes it her first-ever UK Top 10, yeah? I didn't realize it was THAT low on Spotify :o It's crazy how the same song can be Top 5 on iTunes (for some time now), but still not even Top 50 on Spotify. Is Spotify blacklisting her from their playlists or something...? :lol:
Well, Strangers became her first genuine hit when it cracked the top 40. I don't think Don't kill my vibe made the charts last year. Since you posted your comment Sigrid has actually started to improve on Spotify and was inside the top 40 albeit climbing slowly each day but that's better than stalling at #51 all week. :x On an unrelated note, Feel it still has now gone top 10 in the UK. :o :D I can't believe its taken this long for the song to impact here. It was so much more instant and i'm quite proud to say it topped my chart back in August 2017. Another Hozier situation. :lol:

phoenix98 wrote:Aw, sorry to hear that about Penny :( Losing a beloved pet really is heartbreaking, so I can understand not wanting to endure that again.

I do! Two cats: Sierra and Sweet Pea (they both came from shelters. so I just kept the names they already had.) :lol:
Aww, that's so cute. I've never had cats myself. If i were to get another pet i'm more inclined to get another dog. <3

phoenix98 wrote:Wow, that's a pretty elite group then, with only eight entries! So either 2018 has been especially strong so far, having already produced two...or especially slow, and competition just hasn't been as tough. Bit of both, maybe? Kylie did fend off Mabel, so she didn't exactly have an easy ride right to the top.
There have been weeks when i've not had chance to check out new music on a Friday for the 24 hour impact to take shape. I remember when Ed Sheeran dropped both Shape of you and Castle on the hill i had one of those weeks where i just had such little time to devote to listening to music that even though i checked out both songs on the Friday, i only played them once each. I knew that i preferred Castle on the hill the most but one play on that Friday evening simply wasn't enough to warrant entering my chart the following day.

Prior to July 2015, songs were released on Sundays but even then i never waited for a song to be released to enter it into my chart. So going back to 2013 there were a large number of songs that topped my chart weeks before their official release.

As for 2018 getting off to a strong start, i just put that down to the quality of both Troye and Kylie's singles. Had both songs not really had much impact on me, they probably would've required a full week to determine how much i liked the song. A bit like Taylor Swift's Look what you made me do which benefitted from a delayed entry thanks pretty much solely to the amazing music video. Otherwise without that video, i doubt Taylor would've gone to #1 in my chart tbh. :o

Mabel was definitely unlucky as i loved the snippet of Fine line that you hear at the end of the Finders keepers video so i was hyped for its release, but Kylie gave me 100% solid gold pop so Mabel got overshadowed.

phoenix98 wrote:Bummer about NBTS, but hopefully she'll make the right call and push "She Loves Control" next to get back in your good graces ;) "In The Dark" has been her album's biggest standout for me, but I get how it's not as radio-ready as SLC. I like pretty much every track on it (just some a bit more than others), so hopefully we're in for a longer era!
It does look like Never be the same is proving to be a successful follow up to Havana which even i didn't expect to happen. I'd prefer the song more if it didn't have Camila's high helium-esque pinchy vocals in the pre-chorus. Without that section, i would enjoy the song more. I still wouldn't say it's an amazing song even without that dreadful pre-chorus bit. :oops: Whereas She loves control is such a bop and is more along the lines of the type of pure pop i love.

I have noticed that Camila's album tracks are all on YouTube. I listened to Real friends randomly and it sounded ok, but again it wasn't an instant "ohh i like this". I shall check out In the dark and see how it gets the JakeP seal of approval. :wink:

phoenix98 wrote:• No complaints about Kylie still clutching that crown. 8-)
• ...but might Gaga finally knock her off the throne? I can't decide if I prefer the album version or this new rendition of "Joanne." It's definitely a closer call than I expected (since I already liked the original well enough.)
• I wasn't totally sure what to make of P!nk's Grammy performance. On one hand, it makes sense that she wouldn't try to constantly top that iconic "Glitter In The Air" performance, but I wonder if she might've gone a tad too far in the opposite direction with such a simple, stripped-down performance? She certainly sounded fantastic, though, and I wasn't expecting to get an official video right after too! The Beautiful Trauma era seems to have gotten a little messy after "What About Us", with the cancellation of "Revenge", and then the title track getting a video instead (but not much/any other promo, as far as I know.) Granted, we were just saying something similar about the Reputation era too, so maybe messier eras are more the norm in the streaming era? Gone are the days of putting all the focus (radio push, video, televised performances) on just one specific single at a time...? JT's been giving everything videos lately (and sending the songs to different radio formats), Camila kept putting out two singles at a time ("Crying In The Club"/"I Have Questions", "Havana"/"OMG", "Never Be The Same"/"Real Friends") and then narrowed the focus to whichever took off more. Even Dua's done some double-duty with "Homesick" and "IDGAF" lately (she performed "Homesick" on SNL, when I thought "IDGAF" was her next US single?)
• Lovin' the debut for "Til I'm Done" :D It was a relief to see it dent the latest UK chart, since I recently learned that poor "Guilty" missed out entirely! :cry:
• Really glad to see "Capital Letters" back! Video effect?

Yet another boogielicious chart, Jake! :D
Kylie has been owning it since Dancing got released and the music video definitely helped to keep Kylie remaining on top for a third week.

As for Lady Gaga, if she was going to be #1 i suspect it would've happened last week. I think its safe to say that Joanne is looking likely to drop down a couple of places in my new chart. For me, the new piano version is so superior to the original. I can't help but cringe at Lady Gaga's vocals on the album version. To me, she sounds like she isn't even trying to sing in tune and i find that really off putting. :(

I think P!nk an amazing job with a less is more approach. Plus, it's a heartfelt ballad so seeing P!nk sing a song like this whilst whizzing around the stage wouldn't really fit the mood of the song. You hit the nail on the head. With Spotify dominating so much, it's now become even more difficult to make a post-album single successful. Unless of course you're someone like Post Malone or Migos, then you can have all your album tracks charting inside the Spotify top 200. :evil: Thus proves exactly where the problems lie with Spotify. It's overrun with teenagers with free accounts. At least that's what i suspect, and all these plays count towards the chart. *sigh*

Speaking of Justin Timberlake, his new album hasn't exactly taken off but imo he's released four different tracks and only two of them made an impact on me, and of those two only one (Say something) sounds like a legitimate hit single. I'm not really sure what Justin was trying to achieve with Man of the woods but in simple terms, he's not delivered "songs", just quirky productions that don't leave much to the imagination. I love music, not experimental productions masking a lack of a melody. That's the reason why i'm not fully on board this era, and i suspect that'll be the reason why many others aren't digging the latest album from JT either. Songs = success. :wink: (and even though i was curiously interested in the track, Filthy isn't really a "song" when you think about it). :lol: I dare say this is likely to be his Witness era. Overall, i think record companies just don't know how the play the streaming game to their advantage and this i suspect is the reason why they're just throwing out different songs. It's more a case of hoping that something takes off, rather than seeing which songs take off thus why album eras now appear really messy once the lead single has dropped.

Ohh i didn't realise Guilty failed to chart. :o I still think its criminal that Crybaby underperformed purely because of Spotify as it was clearly a hit on iTunes but c''est la vie. :roll: I also wasn't aware that Til i'm gone was the next single but a live performance was uploaded to YouTube so that's the reason for the song entering my chart.

You are indeed right about Capital letters, the music video gave the song enough of a boost to return to my top 20. Quite shocking her 5 month old track Let me go (and former Paulboard #1 hit :D ) has finally scraped into the UK top 40. :lol: It still amazes me how some songs take what seems like forever to enter the top 40.
JakeP
Manager

Postby JakeP » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:56 am

cheapthrills wrote:IDGAF didn't make it very far into my top 20 either, while Homesick has entered the top 10.

Yay for Joanne - future #1. Agree that Pray For Me is better than All the Stars though I like both.

Yay for Troye hanging in the top 5 :)

Why did Shakira debut so low? :evil:
Hi cheapthrills :D

IDGAF is ok but its not a patch on some of Dua's other songs. I can understand why the record label has pushed this as a single; its got explicit lyrics so gets all the teenagers excited, and it does sound like a typical streaming hit. The type of inoffensive but ultimate unremarkable pop song that makes great background music. :oops: The music video is the main reason for the songs success in my chart, and even that could only get the song to #14. Not one of Dua's classic songs imo. On the other hand, i adore Homesick. Such a wonderful ballad where Dua's vocals really shine and of course it's inspired by Coldplay and Chris Martin provides backing vocals. I'd be over the moon right now if this was the song in the UK top 5 but this is the type of song that sadly doesn't take off on Spotify. :cry:

Joanne isn't heading for #1 i'm afraid. Like i posted above, Lady Gaga's best shot at #1 was last week and Kylie held strong at the top instead. Pray for me has been growing on me more and more throughout the week and its now looking set at having an impressive chart entry in my new chart. :wink:

My babes Troye was never going to plummet with his ode to being fabulous. :wink: Although that said, My my my! looks set to slip out of my top 5 today.

Why did Shakira debut so low? :lol: Because she tripped up whilst entering my chart. :lol: (sorry couldn't resist bad joke humour :oops: ) As much as i do like Trap, it's just another of those tracks where i don't really think it's an incredible song. :oops: I much preferred Chantaje by comparison.
JakeP
Manager

Postby JakeP » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:47 pm

JakeP Top 20 (10th February 2018)

ImageImageImageImageImage

01 (NE) The Weeknd & Kendrick Lamar - Pray for me [1 wk] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
02 (01) Kylie Minogue - Dancing [4 wks] [#1] (3 wks @ #1)
03 (03) Mabel & Not3s - Fine line [4 wks] [#2]
04 (02) Lady Gaga - Joanne (where do you think you’re goin’?) [piano version] [2 wks] [#2]
05 (11) Sofi Tukker featuring NERVO, The Knocks & Alisa Ueno - Best friend [2 wks] [#5]
06 (05) Troye Sivan - My my my! [5 wks] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
07 (06) Camila Cabello - She loves control [3 wks] [#6]
08 (08) Rudimental featuring Jess Glynne, Macklemore & Dan Caplen - These days [3 wks] [#8]
09 (04) Justin Timberlake featuring Chris Stapleton - Say something [3 wks] [#4]
10 (NE) Platon featuring Joolay - Taking me higher [1 wk] [#10]
11 (14) Zedd, Maren Morris & Grey - The middle [3 wks] [#11]
12 (RE) Kendrick Lamar & SZA - All the stars [3 wks] [#12]
13 (09) Sigrid - Strangers [10 wks] [#2]
14 (07) Big Boi - All night [5 wks] [#7]
15 (10) Bruno Mars featuring Cardi B - Finesse [6 wks] [#5]
16 (NE) Iggy Azalea featuring Quavo - Savior [1 wk] [#16]
17 (15) Dua Lipa - Homesick [10 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
18 (13) Liam Payne & Rita Ora - For you [6 wks] [#3]
19 (12) P!nk - Wild hearts can’t be broken [2 wks] [#12]
20 (NE) Jennifer Lopez - Us [1 wk] [#20]

The Hit Seeker

Pnau - Go bang
JakeP
Manager

Postby Benjamin » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:50 pm

Oh wow! I love your chart. There’s so many songs I like!
Good to see Kylie, Gaga and Sofi Tukker so high. Also woooo for Iggy’s debut.
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby JakeP » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:21 pm

Benjamin wrote:Oh wow! I love your chart. There’s so many songs I like!
Good to see Kylie, Gaga and Sofi Tukker so high. Also woooo for Iggy’s debut.
Thanks Benjamin :D

Aww, so good seeing how much you love this weeks chart. <3 I actually noticed the Sofi Tukker track in your personal chart, and then i saw it was #1 on Belgium iTunes so i gave the song a listen out of curiosity and i really enjoyed the song. Since then its continued growing on me hence Best friend making my top 5. :D

Kylie has brought the pop dynamite with Dancing, i adore how carefree and happy the song is...but i've been addicted to Pray for me this week so The Weeknd & Kendrick Lamar go in at #1 with a bullet.

I like Savior but i think Iggy has released some better songs in the past.
JakeP
Manager

Postby JSparksFan » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:01 am

Yay at "Pray for Me" not only debuting at #1, but pulling "All the Stars" to a new peak! Are you, by any chance, going to see Black Panther on Friday?

04 (02) Lady Gaga - Joanne (where do you think you’re goin’?) [piano version] [2 wks] [#2]
09 (04) Justin Timberlake featuring Chris Stapleton - Say something [3 wks] [#4]
Aretha Franklin was an angel. Her voice helped lift our spirits and at times gave us the soundtrack to cope with our pain.
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby JakeP » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:48 pm

JSparksFan wrote:Yay at "Pray for Me" not only debuting at #1, but pulling "All the Stars" to a new peak! Are you, by any chance, going to see Black Panther on Friday?

Thanks Akini :D

I've been loving Pray for me so much this past week although it already has competition for #1 this coming Saturday. :o :P All the stars got a boost thanks to the music video which i didn't even realise had been released so i was a bit late to that party. :lol:

Well, i've still not seen The greatest showman so i right now i think its safe to say its unlikely to happen. That said, i'm interested in this film even if the overall soundtrack isn't quite as appealing to me.
JakeP
Manager

Postby SummerPeur » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:44 pm

3 weeks @ # for Kylie. Nothing to be ashamed about at all 8-)

Listened to your #10 NE. Not sure it's my cup of tea....yet. But I feel like it may be a grower.

Shame to see Sigrid leave the Top10, but I guess it was pretty much time too.

JakeP wrote:02 (01) Kylie Minogue - Dancing [4 wks] [#1] (3 wks @ #1)
Yeah, I Bloom
I, Bloom Just For You
I Bloom, Just For Youuuuu
SummerPeur
Superstar

Postby JakeP » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:55 pm

SummerPeur wrote:3 weeks @ # for Kylie. Nothing to be ashamed about at all 8-)

Listened to your #10 NE. Not sure it's my cup of tea....yet. But I feel like it may be a grower.

Shame to see Sigrid leave the Top10, but I guess it was pretty much time too.

JakeP wrote:02 (01) Kylie Minogue - Dancing [4 wks] [#1] (3 wks @ #1)
Thanks SummerPeur :D

Not at all, three weeks at #1 is very good indeed. <3 Plus i reckon Dancing will stick around for some time yet. :wink:

Sigrid has had a tremendous run in my chart. I never really expected Strangers to take off quite in the way it has done when the song first entered my chart in December. I'm so happy that Sigrid has had a taste of success, and hopefully the next single will be even better (preferably a brand new track rather than re-releasing Don't kill my vibe although i suspect this is what's going to happen).

Ahh yes, i'm taking part in this months FSC in the games forum and Platon featuring Joolay is my entry representing Russia. They've even released a teaser for the forthcoming music video.

JakeP making the hits before the rest of the world. :lol:
JakeP
Manager

Postby phoenix98 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:30 pm

JakeP wrote:Bonjour monsieur Paul. :P
¡Hola Señor Jake! 8-)

JakeP wrote:LOL oh dear i totally missed that one. :lol: :oops: Sadly i'm not quite as fabulous as Mrs. Bucket. :P
Ha, no worries about that - it's probably for the best NOT to have too much in common with her! :lol:

JakeP wrote:A mirror over the bed? How vain. :lol: Although i'm sure that's Cheryl's idea so she can make sure she looks immaculate when she wakes up in the morning. She probably has her make up team ready at her bedside when she awakes. :P Have to admit i'm not much a tattoo guy and i would never have my skin inked. What might look cool aged 20 isn't going look great aged 60.
:lol: I figured that was probably a hotel room...but, then again, I can't really blame two people who look like them for enjoying the sight of themselves sometimes ;) No tattoos for me either. I'm not completely opposed to the idea, but I can't envision any design that I could commit to having on my body for the rest of my life.

JakeP wrote:Well, Strangers became her first genuine hit when it cracked the top 40. I don't think Don't kill my vibe made the charts last year. Since you posted your comment Sigrid has actually started to improve on Spotify and was inside the top 40 albeit climbing slowly each day but that's better than stalling at #51 all week. :x On an unrelated note, Feel it still has now gone top 10 in the UK. :o :D I can't believe its taken this long for the song to impact here. It was so much more instant and i'm quite proud to say it topped my chart back in August 2017. Another Hozier situation. :lol:
:o Exciting news for "Feel it Still"! I didn't realize that one was still chugging away in the UK - but better late than never, for sure! It's just like "New Rules" in the US, which FINALLY cracked the Hot 100 Top 10 at the end of January!

JakeP wrote:Aww, that's so cute. I've never had cats myself. If i were to get another pet i'm more inclined to get another dog. <3
Would you have any particular breed(s) in mind? I grew up with a golden retriever, so I'm still a big dog lover too - just don't have proper space for one in our current apartment (and no backyard either.) Granted, I don't think the cats would love the idea of a canine companion invading their domain :lol: Maybe someday, though!

JakeP wrote:There have been weeks when i've not had chance to check out new music on a Friday for the 24 hour impact to take shape. I remember when Ed Sheeran dropped both Shape of you and Castle on the hill i had one of those weeks where i just had such little time to devote to listening to music that even though i checked out both songs on the Friday, i only played them once each. I knew that i preferred Castle on the hill the most but one play on that Friday evening simply wasn't enough to warrant entering my chart the following day.
Yeah, the demands of daily life can definitely impact our charts sometimes. Travel too. It's rare, but there have been times when songs managed to dent the bottom of my Top 30 with just one play during the week (when it usually takes at least three plays.)

JakeP wrote:As for 2018 getting off to a strong start, i just put that down to the quality of both Troye and Kylie's singles. Had both songs not really had much impact on me, they probably would've required a full week to determine how much i liked the song. A bit like Taylor Swift's Look what you made me do which benefitted from a delayed entry thanks pretty much solely to the amazing music video. Otherwise without that video, i doubt Taylor would've gone to #1 in my chart tbh. :o
:lol: Well, at least that video is one thing she did right in your eyes this era!

JakeP wrote:It does look like Never be the same is proving to be a successful follow up to Havana which even i didn't expect to happen. I'd prefer the song more if it didn't have Camila's high helium-esque pinchy vocals in the pre-chorus. Without that section, i would enjoy the song more. I still wouldn't say it's an amazing song even without that dreadful pre-chorus bit. :oops: Whereas She loves control is such a bop and is more along the lines of the type of pure pop i love.
Aw, I think she pulls off that pre-chorus part really well, and it definitely helped the song stick out (in a good way) for me. I can understand how it rubs some people the wrong way, though (just like when Britney goes into "Chipmunkney" mode.) :lol:

JakeP wrote:Speaking of Justin Timberlake, his new album hasn't exactly taken off but imo he's released four different tracks and only two of them made an impact on me, and of those two only one (Say something) sounds like a legitimate hit single. I'm not really sure what Justin was trying to achieve with Man of the woods but in simple terms, he's not delivered "songs", just quirky productions that don't leave much to the imagination. I love music, not experimental productions masking a lack of a melody. That's the reason why i'm not fully on board this era, and i suspect that'll be the reason why many others aren't digging the latest album from JT either. Songs = success. :wink: (and even though i was curiously interested in the track, Filthy isn't really a "song" when you think about it). :lol: I dare say this is likely to be his Witness era. Overall, i think record companies just don't know how the play the streaming game to their advantage and this i suspect is the reason why they're just throwing out different songs. It's more a case of hoping that something takes off, rather than seeing which songs take off thus why album eras now appear really messy once the lead single has dropped.
That's a great point, and I think the lack of/weak melodies in "Filthy" and "Supplies" definitely detracted from my enjoyment too. "Say Something" comes closer in that regard, but then that "the greatest way to say something is to say nothing at all" line really distracts/doesn't sit well with me. If you never speak up, things will never change/improve! Staying silent usually means death for any kind of movement/cause.

JakeP wrote:You are indeed right about Capital letters, the music video gave the song enough of a boost to return to my top 20. Quite shocking her 5 month old track Let me go (and former Paulboard #1 hit :D ) has finally scraped into the UK top 40. :lol: It still amazes me how some songs take what seems like forever to enter the top 40.
:D I'm touched you remembered that! It had a really slow climb on the Hot 100 too, just cracking the Top 40 in mid-January (in its 15th week on the chart!) Maybe "Most Girls" is at least partially to blame for people being especially hesitant to embrace "Let Me Go." :lol:

JakeP wrote:01 (NE) The Weeknd & Kendrick Lamar - Pray for me [1 wk] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
03 (03) Mabel & Not3s - Fine line [4 wks] [#2]
04 (02) Lady Gaga - Joanne (where do you think you're goin'?) [piano version] [2 wks] [#2]
11 (14) Zedd, Maren Morris & Grey - The middle [3 wks] [#11]
17 (15) Dua Lipa - Homesick [10 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
19 (12) P!nk - Wild hearts can't be broken [2 wks] [#12]
• Epic debut for "Pray For Me" :o How many No. 1's does this make for each of those fine sirs? The production on this one really grabs you right away. I've played it a few times this week, so it stands a good chance of cracking my next chart.
• Kylie doesn't fall far, though! Could a rebound be in the cards...?
• Great to see "The Middle" on the verge of climbing past the midway point here!

Yet another divine chart, Jake! :D
phoenix98
Legend

Postby JakeP » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:03 pm

phoenix98 wrote:¡Hola Señor Jake! 8-)
Y'alright chuck. :lol:

phoenix98 wrote: :lol: I figured that was probably a hotel room...but, then again, I can't really blame two people who look like them for enjoying the sight of themselves sometimes ;) No tattoos for me either. I'm not completely opposed to the idea, but I can't envision any design that I could commit to having on my body for the rest of my life.
Oh maybe it is a hotel room. :lol: LOL it's still incredibly vain and seems pretentious more than anything. :P Ahh we are definitely agreed on the tattoo issue. Then again, i'm not a big fan of piercings and have never had any part of my body pierced.

phoenix98 wrote: :o Exciting news for "Feel it Still"! I didn't realize that one was still chugging away in the UK - but better late than never, for sure! It's just like "New Rules" in the US, which FINALLY cracked the Hot 100 Top 10 at the end of January!
Feel it still continues to defy the odds as it climbs to #6 in the UK. :D Ohh wow, i've not checked out the US charts for a while. Last time i had a look New rules was low top 20. Amazing to see another british artist taking America by storm.

phoenix98 wrote:Would you have any particular breed(s) in mind? I grew up with a golden retriever, so I'm still a big dog lover too - just don't have proper space for one in our current apartment (and no backyard either.) Granted, I don't think the cats would love the idea of a canine companion invading their domain :lol: Maybe someday, though!
I've never really thought about different breeds tbh. LOL those cats will be going round your apartment acting like they own the place. A new would certainly ruffle a few feathers. :lol: Although i've seen videos on YouTube over the years that show cats and dogs getting on perfectly fine. <3

phoenix98 wrote:Yeah, the demands of daily life can definitely impact our charts sometimes. Travel too. It's rare, but there have been times when songs managed to dent the bottom of my Top 30 with just one play during the week (when it usually takes at least three plays.)
This has definitely happened to me many times over the years. My chart has adapted since the whole new music Friday release strategy in 2015 even though most songs still require a week to really impact. I just guess the songs that are the most instantaneous will impact hard in 24 hours. Gosh :lol: if a song made my top 20 on just 1 play that'd be one low week for music consumption. :lol:

phoenix98 wrote: :lol: Well, at least that video is one thing she did right in your eyes this era!
Oh totally. :P Otherwise Taylor may have ended up possibly top 5 at least, but i think the evidence was in its chart run; 01-04-07-10-15 when i've had songs that have spent 5+ weeks at #1 in my chart even though this is an elite group. :wink:

phoenix98 wrote:Aw, I think she pulls off that pre-chorus part really well, and it definitely helped the song stick out (in a good way) for me. I can understand how it rubs some people the wrong way, though (just like when Britney goes into "Chipmunkney" mode.) :lol:
Sadly i've never been that keen on that pre-chorus so i've rarely listened to [iNever be the same[/i], but still when Camila's got bops like She loves control then i don't care. :lol: Urgh, yes i do love a bit of Britney but i do cringe at Helium Spears. :P I mean, if you watch performances of Britney when she was young her voice was deeper then. How does that work? :lol:

phoenix98 wrote:That's a great point, and I think the lack of/weak melodies in "Filthy" and "Supplies" definitely detracted from my enjoyment too. "Say Something" comes closer in that regard, but then that "the greatest way to say something is to say nothing at all" line really distracts/doesn't sit well with me. If you never speak up, things will never change/improve! Staying silent usually means death for any kind of movement/cause.
LOL sometimes lyrics don't really matter to me, even if they are daft as a dot ie. Justin Bieber's lyrics on his track Friends. :P Also surely it depends on what the person was going to say. If they were about to put their foot in it and say something that would really embarrass you then saying nothing at all would be the perfect solution. :wink: :P You do make a valid point though. Iirc Example did a song called Say nothing which also didn't really make any sense.

phoenix98 wrote: :D I'm touched you remembered that! It had a really slow climb on the Hot 100 too, just cracking the Top 40 in mid-January (in its 15th week on the chart!) Maybe "Most Girls" is at least partially to blame for people being especially hesitant to embrace "Let Me Go." :lol:
I'm the fountain of useless knowledge. :oops: :lol: Although that's unfair because it shows that i pay attention to these things. :wink: Let me go climbs again in the latest UK chart. I still find it extraordinary how some songs take forever to take off. Granted i don't watch music channels that much throughout the week but i've not seen the video to Let me go once, but maybe its played during the hours when i'm at work. *shrugs* :P

phoenix98 wrote:• Epic debut for "Pray For Me" :o How many No. 1's does this make for each of those fine sirs? The production on this one really grabs you right away. I've played it a few times this week, so it stands a good chance of cracking my next chart.
• Kylie doesn't fall far, though! Could a rebound be in the cards...?
• Great to see "The Middle" on the verge of climbing past the midway point here!

Yet another divine chart, Jake! :D
Pray for me had an immense week and i became more addicted to the song as the week progressed. I agree 100% that the beat in the track in fire. This is The Weeknd's second chart topper after I feel it coming, whilst it's Kendrick's third #1 following Freedom and The greatest in 2016.

Kylie managed to hold up incredibly well and is looking set for another week comfortably inside my top 5. As for a rebound to #1, i'm afraid that's unlikely to happen.

The middle has been a steady grower of a song. To say i was quick to dismiss the song as a clone of Stay, its clearly got some charm about the song that's kept my interest levels high and then the music video gave the song a nice little boost too. Difficult to say where this will be in my new chart. It'll easily be top 20 but its been a busy week for new music so top 10 may prove to be a difficult task.
JakeP
Manager

Postby JakeP » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:11 pm

akeP Top 20 (17th February 2018)

ImageImageImageImageImage

01 (05) Sofi Tukker featuring NERVO, The Knocks & Alisa Ueno - Best friend [3 wks] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
02 (NE) Pnau - Go bang [1 wk] [#2]
03 (01) The Weeknd & Kendrick Lamar - Pray for me [2 wks] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
04 (02) Kylie Minogue - Dancing [5 wks] [#1] (3 wks @ #1)
05 (NE) Saara Aalto - Monsters [1 wk] [#5]
06 (10) Platon featuring Joolay - Taking me higher [2 wks] [#6]
07 (NE) Marshmello & Anne-Marie - FRIENDS [1 wk] [#7]
08 (03) Mabel & Not3s - Fine line [5 wks] [#2]
09 (06) Troye Sivan - My my my! [6 wks] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
10 (08) Rudimental featuring Jess Glynne, Macklemore & Dan Caplen - These days [4 wks] [#8]
11 (NE) Ellie Goulding - Vincent [1 wk] [#11]
12 (09) Justin Timberlake featuring Chris Stapleton - Say something [4 wks] [#4]
13 (11) Zedd, Maren Morris & Grey - The middle [4 wks] [#11]
14 (13) Sigrid - Strangers [11 wks] [#2]
15 (07) Camila Cabello - She loves control [4 wks] [#6]
16 (RE) Niall Horan - On the loose [5 wks] [#10]
17 (NE) Not3s & Mabel - My lover [1 wk] [#17]
18 (NE) Calum Scott & Leona Lewis - You are the reason [1 wk] [#18]
19 (04) Lady Gaga - Joanne (where do you think you’re goin’?) [piano version] [3 wks] [#2]
20 (RE) Eminem featuring Ed Sheeran - River [4 wks] [#5]

The Hit Seeker

Lost Frequencies & Zonderling - Crazy
JakeP
Manager

Postby heppolo » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:10 pm

02 (NE) Pnau - Go bang [1 wk] [#2]
Pnau delivered this time.

Good #1.
Waffles are checked cookies
heppolo
Legend

Postby luckyONE » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:26 am

good to see "These Days" made it to your Top 10. I absolutely love this track. I cannot wait for solo material from Jess! :D
luckyONE
Superstar

Postby JakeP » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:55 pm

heppolo wrote:02 (NE) Pnau - Go bang [1 wk] [#2]
Pnau delivered this time.

Good #1.
Thanks heppolo :D

Go bang is amazing. When i first checked out the video on YouTube, it made me think of Galantis. It's so much better than Chameleon which was ok but it didn't impact me anywhere near as much as their latest single.

However, Best friend has become an unstoppable force and successfully fought off Pnau to make it all the way to #1. :D
JakeP
Manager

Postby JakeP » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:00 pm

luckyONE wrote:good to see "These Days" made it to your Top 10. I absolutely love this track. I cannot wait for solo material from Jess! :D
Thanks luckyONE :D

I'm still enjoying These days despite its slight drop down the chart. I've also been watching the live version of the track that was posted on YouTube. There's still a good chance that Rudimental and co will achieve a new peak. Such a shame its destined to stall at #2 in the UK. :roll: :(

Ohh me either. We both love a bit of Jess Glynne and the success of These days will hopefully bode well for when Jess releases her brand new single/album. :D
JakeP
Manager

Postby cheapthrills » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:40 pm

Nice to see Sofi Tukker #1. I submitted that song for biscuit's Album Cup game. It did pretty well. :)
cheapthrills
Superstar

Postby JakeP » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:24 pm

cheapthrills wrote:Nice to see Sofi Tukker #1. I submitted that song for biscuit's Album Cup game. It did pretty well. :)
Ahh i had been discussing this with Tansike as Sofi Tukker are also in his chart too. I thought it was Benjamin who entered the track as it's been climbing up his chart for a few weeks. :D

Has Best friend been a hit in your chart?
JakeP
Manager

Postby cheapthrills » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:50 am

No, even though it's been getting play for a few weeks now. It could still chart. Sofi Tukker did hit #2 on my chart last year with Awoo.
cheapthrills
Superstar

Return to Personal Charts