Good one, actually
Waffles are checked cookies
heppolo
Legend

Postby JakeP » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:48 pm

heppolo wrote:14 (NE) Robbie Williams - Run it wild
Good one, actually
Thanks heppolo :D

What was your opinion on Go mental? It grabbed my attention the first time i checked out the music video. Run it wild is also good too, not quite as effective as Go mental for me though. I'm quite intrigued by Robbie's new project (well, i suppose it is an album :lol: ).
JakeP
Manager

Postby heppolo » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:10 am

Go mental is a nice reminder of UK Garage era, I am just not a fan of Big Narstie
heppolo
Legend

Postby phoenix98 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:30 pm

JakeP wrote:That's fair enough, to be honest i'm all about melodies too. I think HUMBLE. was almost novelty-esque and also had the really interesting music video to boost the track too. I also liked that simple piano melody you hear throughout HUMBLE. too. I agree, his lyricism is so strong and i think the only other rapper who ever had that same level of lyricism was Eminem, and again most of his songs were backed up with interesting backing music.

Ohh my knowledge of all things Justin Bieber pre-puberty are virtually non existent. :lol: I knew Baby because that song was inescapable on the music channels. I think it was from Boyfriend onwards when i took more notice of Justin but even then many of his songs didn't really appeal to me.
Kendrick definitely had hype on his side too, coming off the widely-acclaimed To Pimp A Butterfly (granted, I think most of his albums have achieved critical acclaim, but TPAB had all that Grammy buzz/controversy of losing to Taylor too.) Even though "HUMBLE." started so strong right out the gate, it's had surprising longevity too, still sitting inside the Hot 100 Top 50. I suspect streaming is largely to thank for that.

Ha, yeah, Bieber was VERY hit-or-miss/just-don't-care for me too before Purpose delivered four solid singles in a row (and then some enjoyable features over the past year or so.)

JakeP wrote:LOL you could say that, or at least it's styled on the way the UK charts used to be compiled. :P Like i posted last week, growing up throughout the early 00s it always seemed like a big deal to enter at #1. Then it was equally impressive whenever songs climbed to #1, and this also happens in my chart from time to time.

But i also like that everyone on UK Mix has their own methodology when it comes to compiling their own charts. I think its very reflective of the music each person loves, and how varied our tastes are. :wink:
Totally makes sense. My love of chart-following certainly fueled my enthusiasm for creating my own chart (even though mine moves at a VERY different pace than the Hot 100.) :lol:

Yes! I really enjoy learning about/comparing exactly how people compile their charts, and there's certainly an interesting variety of approaches to discover. Although my play-count-centric formula can make for some pretty erratic chart runs, I like how each chart is like a musical snapshot of that week in my life, since my mood/whatever's on my mind definitely impacts what I want to play.

JakeP wrote:There is definitely a level of favouritism towards Harry. For example BBC1 had a Harry Styles special last week simply called Harry Styles at the BBC where was interviewed and performed tracks off his album. I want to watch Niall Horan at the BBC thank you very much! :D But i have a feeling this won't happen because the emphasis is always on Harry as being the star. :x

I've not really thought about it that way. Even if that was the case, Harry's album tracks that i've heard didn't appeal to me at all. Zayn had a couple of his album tracks make my chart after Mind of mine was released, so he's already done better than Harry. I know we've yet to hear albums from Liam and Louis but i just don't think they're gonna cut it. Niall is the only one who has stayed true to his roots if One Direction's music is anything to go off. Well, i guess Harry has to a small extent keeping the pop/rock sound but just forgetting the "songs". :lol: :oops:
Hmmm...interesting. I've always been a bit shocked by that, since he's far from the most attractive of the group (I'd be tempted to rank him last) :oops: Maybe he's just really charming on camera? Despite Zayn's stunning looks, he does struggle with anxiety (like you mentioned), so maybe Harry just has the most suitable personality/loves being center stage the most? I'd sooner watch a Niall documentary, that's for sure.

Yeah, kudos to Harry on his album's critical success, but I'm in NO rush to check out it out :lol: I'd surely pick Mind Of Mine first, but even that's nowhere near the top of my list right now...

JakeP wrote:I'm still enjoying Flicker but its now got to that stage where i'm going back and listening to my personal favourites and i'm hardly listening to small handful of songs that just haven't clicked despite really wanting to like them. :( Oh totally, i do love seeing my favourite songs doing well in the charts but i accept that especially streaming has made that increasingly more difficult to happen. :evil: lol
**Nod** Nothing wrong with that! I feel like that's a good sign, that you've had time to digest the whole album and sift out your favorites. I might still revisit the whole album at some point down the road, but when there's so much other stuff to check out for the first time, it makes sense to identify the keepers on albums and then move along (especially when there's some tracks you're sure won't really click with you no matter how many chances you give them.)

JakeP wrote:Aww, i would be on cloud 9 if that happened. Niall really is one of the few male singers around who i adore wholeheartedly. I've always had a soft spot for Olly Alexander too which we've discussed in the post. But Niall has the irish charm about him as well as everything else. <3 You got me wondering with the use of the word "power" i wonder if Niall would be a power bottom? :lol: :wink:
I was just thinking over in Akini's thread how it's been a hot minute since we've gotten anything from Years & Years, so hopefully they serve up something soon...

:o Well, I guess he had to pass the time on that 1D tour bus somehow... :lol:

JakeP wrote:Aww, that's not betrayal. :lol: That's an opportunity to tell me about all the advantages of streaming. Although it's Apple Music rather than Spotify so i don't really know what makes them different from each other. :oops: Seeing blind has remained a strong favourite but this week Niall uploaded another performance of the track Flicker on his YouTube channel and this is seriously growing on me and i can see this re-peaking in my next chart. Both songs are so gorgeous in own way.

I get the impression many people want to hear from tracks like Slow hands perhaps as you point out to break up the monotony of ballads. Since we're alone narrowly missed out on making my top 20 when the album made its impact. I much prefer Mirrors as its got a killer chorus which totally sells the song more to me. I'd like to think that Niall is a true romantic hence the array of ballads on his album. :wink:
I'm still no streaming savant, but Apple Music does synchronize pretty nicely with my iTunes Library (with a few quirks/growing pains.) I can just add tracks from Apple Music and access them in the same place as everything I'd previously bought/downloaded.

I'm totally in that boat of wanting to add a couple more uptempos to Flicker :lol: You're absolutely right about the ballads showcasing his romantic side, though! Although I'm not terribly tempted to put the likes of "Flicker" or "Paper Houses" into high rotation, there is something really sweet and sentimental about them.

JakeP wrote:Oh right, i actually loved It ain't me and would've had a shot at #1 had it not been up against the powerful force of Lana's Love and Katy's Chained to the rhythm as i remember that particular week all three songs racked up quite a lot of plays.

The music video for Wolves is indeed an interesting one. I don't know why but i was sort of expecting something a bit more dramatic for some reason. :oops:
Ah, that was a busy/competitive week indeed. I've actually been revisiting "Chained To The Rhythm" quite a bit, since a friend and I bought last-minute tickets to Katy's show on Tuesday. She'll be enjoying one of Tansike's "concert effects" on my next chart!

Ha, yeah, Selena bouncing around her house on FaceTime certainly doesn't fit the lyrics or tone of the song at all, but it does highlight just how gorgeous (and fun/playful) she can be.

JakeP wrote:LOL i even made that comment before the video came out, and Liam delivered the anticlimax. :lol: Do you suspect he's trolling his fans as his song titles and music videos are sending out mixed messages. :lol: :P
:evil: I am NOT here to be toyed with like that, Liam...

It just doesn't make sense, because he's clearly comfortable being shamelessly shirtless on other occasions/for other promo, so I don't know why he suddenly gets all modest when it comes to his videos. Maybe his mum always visits him on set or something...? :lol:

JakeP wrote:My love for Anywhere is still strong so i'm inclined to say its unlikely to happen, but i'd say Havana outperformed all the Fifth Harmony singles last week when Camila climbed to #4, so by continuing its rise to #2 this is comfortably more successful. By comparison, the most successful Fifth Harmony single in my chart is That's my girl which peaked at #8.
:o I'd totally forgotten that 5H had never managed any higher than No. 8 here! Ha, in that case, Camila has really blown them out of the water...

JakeP wrote:I'd say it's likely to be between Seeing blind and Flicker for fourth single, and i'd be delighted regardless as i'm loving both songs. A part of me thinks Too much to ask was an excellent choice for third single because we get to hear Niall at his most honest, his vocals are so pure on the song and the chorus has such a lovely warmth about it. As long as its not Fire away because that song is a bit too chilled out for my liking, i hate to think this but i find the song incredibly boring to listen to. :oops:
Hmmm...maybe "Seeing Blind" for the US, "Flicker" for the UK? Or, even better, "Seeing Blind" 4th, and "Flicker" 5th. :wink:

Ha, yeah, "Fire Away" is probably the slowest of the slow on that album. :lol:

JakeP wrote:01 (01) Rita Ora - Anywhere [3 wks] [#1] (3 wks @ #1)
02 (04) Niall Horan & Maren Morris - Seeing blind [3 wks] [#2]
03 (11) Niall Horan - Flicker [3 wks] [#3]
05 (NE) Eminem featuring Beyoncé - Walk on water [1 wk] [#5]
06 (02) Camila Cabello featuring Young Thug - Havana [9 wks] [#2]
07 (03) Mabel featuring Kojo Funds - Finders keepers [5 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
08 (05) Selena Gomez & Marshmello - Wolves [3 wks] [#5]
09 (16) Marina Kaye - Something [2 wks] [#9]
10 (10) Clean Bandit featuring Julia Michaels - I miss you [2 wks] [#10]
11 (NE) Taylor Swift - Call it what you want [1 wk] [#11]
12 (NE) Natasha Bedingfield - Hey boy [1 wk] [#12]
13 (09) Niall Horan - Mirrors [3 wks] [#6]
15 (14) Niall Horan - Too much to ask [9 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
18 (08) Charlie Puth - How long [6 wks] [#4]
19 (07) P!nk - Where we go [4 wks] [#2]
20 (12) Niall Horan - On the loose [3 wks] [#10]
• Nice rebound for "Seeing Blind" :D This 2 - 4 - 2 run should be just the tease you need to get Niall to cough up some n00dz to secure himself another Jakeboard No. 1...
• The sound of "Snowman" certainly caught me off-guard! I guess I was expecting something more uptempo, jolly, in the vein of "Frosty The Snowman" or "Lil Snowman", but I guess this is more suitably Sia?
• Tomorrow's chart of mine will definitely be packed with reputation entries, and while "Call It What You Want" won't be one of the highest, it does have a certain chill charm to it. A much mellower side of Tay (that isn't a ballad either.)
• On first listen, I'm not loving the sound of "Hey Boy", but I do appreciate the return of a more cheeky/playful Natasha (especially in the video!) :lol:

Yet another chart that takes me exactly where I want to go, Jake! :D
phoenix98
Legend

Postby JakeP » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:38 pm

heppolo wrote:Go mental is a nice reminder of UK Garage era, I am just not a fan of Big Narstie
I don't know much about Big Narstie apart from that Craig David they did. I still enjoy Go mental regardless.
JakeP
Manager

Postby JakeP » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:36 pm

phoenix98 wrote:Kendrick definitely had hype on his side too, coming off the widely-acclaimed To Pimp A Butterfly (granted, I think most of his albums have achieved critical acclaim, but TPAB had all that Grammy buzz/controversy of losing to Taylor too.) Even though "HUMBLE." started so strong right out the gate, it's had surprising longevity too, still sitting inside the Hot 100 Top 50. I suspect streaming is largely to thank for that.

Ha, yeah, Bieber was VERY hit-or-miss/just-don't-care for me too before Purpose delivered four solid singles in a row (and then some enjoyable features over the past year or so.)
I had never heard any of Kendrick's previous material. it was purely down to his features on some of my favourite pop songs that made me pay more attention to him. For me, his involvement on Bad blood was what got me more into Kendrick Lamar, so he should be thanking Taylor Swift for making him famous. :lol: Oh there's no doubt about it that Spotify has helped to prop up the single all these months later. I mean, Shape of you is still inside the global top 50 and that was released in January. Some people who use streaming seem incapable of letting go of older songs. I find it a shame because i do question whether these songs really are as popular as Spotify make them out to be. I would've rather seen the back of Shape of you months ago in favour of some new music. :lol:

Oh totally, as i've mentioned previously As long as you love me was his first single that i really liked and then i guess it was his Purpose era. Anything else during that time was either a flash in the pan success or didn't appeal to me. :oops:

phoenix98 wrote:Totally makes sense. My love of chart-following certainly fueled my enthusiasm for creating my own chart (even though mine moves at a VERY different pace than the Hot 100.) :lol:

Yes! I really enjoy learning about/comparing exactly how people compile their charts, and there's certainly an interesting variety of approaches to discover. Although my play-count-centric formula can make for some pretty erratic chart runs, I like how each chart is like a musical snapshot of that week in my life, since my mood/whatever's on my mind definitely impacts what I want to play.
LOL i'm not a big fan of official charts being slow. I can understand personal charts being slow paced especially if someone does love a small handful of songs over a prolonged period of time. But when its an official charts thats supposed to reflect the entire country, i really do question how accurate the charts are. But like my above comment, Spotify has definitely not helped in making the charts slower and therefore less exciting to follow.

Yes, that's exactly how i would describe my chart. So if i absolutely love a new single that's released on a Friday and its been a quiet week, those songs can end up getting enough love and attention in 24 hours to skyrocket to #1 in my chart. I still refer to Adele's Hello as the best example, the amount of times i played that song and music video in those first 24 hours, it's no wonder that song broke my longest run at #1 and it'll take something extraordinary to beat 7 weeks at #1 in my chart.

phoenix98 wrote:Hmmm...interesting. I've always been a bit shocked by that, since he's far from the most attractive of the group (I'd be tempted to rank him last) :oops: Maybe he's just really charming on camera? Despite Zayn's stunning looks, he does struggle with anxiety (like you mentioned), so maybe Harry just has the most suitable personality/loves being center stage the most? I'd sooner watch a Niall documentary, that's for sure.

Yeah, kudos to Harry on his album's critical success, but I'm in NO rush to check out it out :lol: I'd surely pick Mind Of Mine first, but even that's nowhere near the top of my list right now...
I think a lot of it comes down to bias from Simon Cowell and how he marketed One Direction. Harry and Liam were the main two singers, whilst Niall and Louis were always on the back burner. Zayn leaving the band and going solo first made him stand out more, and i think that's perhaps the reason why he's been successful. He's had a good hit rate so he's doing something right.

I checked out the iTunes previews of Harry's album and nothing really grabbed my attention. It just seemed very wannabe glam rock which isn't a genre i particular enjoy listening to. That type of pompous rock music belongs in the 70s. :lol:

phoenix98 wrote:**Nod** Nothing wrong with that! I feel like that's a good sign, that you've had time to digest the whole album and sift out your favorites. I might still revisit the whole album at some point down the road, but when there's so much other stuff to check out for the first time, it makes sense to identify the keepers on albums and then move along (especially when there's some tracks you're sure won't really click with you no matter how many chances you give them.)
A part of me was hoping that i would listen to the whole of Flicker and fall in love with every song. It's incredibly rare that i hear an album and actually like every single track, even if my least faves are still kinda enjoyable. So in Niall's case i stick with my personal highlights and i'm more than happy to just listen to them throughout the week. :D

phoenix98 wrote:I was just thinking over in Akini's thread how it's been a hot minute since we've gotten anything from Years & Years, so hopefully they serve up something soon...

:o Well, I guess he had to pass the time on that 1D tour bus somehow... :lol:
Usually i'm #psychic so maybe early 2018 will see the return of Years & Years with another amazing pop gem. :P LOL i can only use my imagination of what that tour bus was like. :lol: :wink:

phoenix98 wrote:I'm still no streaming savant, but Apple Music does synchronize pretty nicely with my iTunes Library (with a few quirks/growing pains.) I can just add tracks from Apple Music and access them in the same place as everything I'd previously bought/downloaded.

I'm totally in that boat of wanting to add a couple more uptempos to Flicker :lol: You're absolutely right about the ballads showcasing his romantic side, though! Although I'm not terribly tempted to put the likes of "Flicker" or "Paper Houses" into high rotation, there is something really sweet and sentimental about them.
Ohh i've found Flicker (the song) to be increasingly more charming each time i listen to it. I'd say i loved the song more last week than the week i got the album. Although Niall also uploaded some performances on the song on his YouTube channel, and i've found that Niall tends to sing the songs better live.

phoenix98 wrote:Ah, that was a busy/competitive week indeed. I've actually been revisiting "Chained To The Rhythm" quite a bit, since a friend and I bought last-minute tickets to Katy's show on Tuesday. She'll be enjoying one of Tansike's "concert effects" on my next chart!

Ha, yeah, Selena bouncing around her house on FaceTime certainly doesn't fit the lyrics or tone of the song at all, but it does highlight just how gorgeous (and fun/playful) she can be.
It really was, and that was also The brit awards week as Something just like this would've easily gone to #1 in a quiet week, but that particularly it was up against Lana, Katy and Kygo/Selena. Ahh i read a comment you posted either in Akini or Tansike's chart about getting Katy tickets. How you have a great time at the concert. A full review and analysis will be expected in due course. :P :lol: That'll be really cool to see, i loved Zara's concert effect in Tansike's chart last week. :D

I was quite baffled as it just doesn't look like an official music video. I wonder what the budget was for making the video? :lol:

phoenix98 wrote: :evil: I am NOT here to be toyed with like that, Liam...

It just doesn't make sense, because he's clearly comfortable being shamelessly shirtless on other occasions/for other promo, so I don't know why he suddenly gets all modest when it comes to his videos. Maybe his mum always visits him on set or something...? :lol:
One thing that has surprised me about Liam is his lack of chart success considering how well Strip that down did, even though i couldn't stand that song. :x Liam is clearly missing a trick, show more flesh and enjoy those extra sales. :lol: He is sexy i just wish he'd released some really good music, and not songs where he sounds like Adam Levine or Jason Derulo. :P

phoenix98 wrote: :o I'd totally forgotten that 5H had never managed any higher than No. 8 here! Ha, in that case, Camila has really blown them out of the water...
Fifth Harmony had two tracks peak at #8; Work from home became their biggest single, but then That's my girl overtook to become their most successful track despite equalling their chart peak. Havana has quite easily been the most successful song out of the lot. It'll be interesting to see what Camila releases next and whether she can keep the momentum going.

phoenix98 wrote:Hmmm...maybe "Seeing Blind" for the US, "Flicker" for the UK? Or, even better, "Seeing Blind" 4th, and "Flicker" 5th. :wink:

Ha, yeah, "Fire Away" is probably the slowest of the slow on that album. :lol:
If the record label were willing to promote two more album tracks to single status i would be more than delighted with these picks. Niall and Maren are going on tour together so maybe at some point they will film a music video for the song.

My issue with Fire away is that the song goes nowhere. It starts, it plods along, and then it ends. There's nothing about the song that excites me. :(

phoenix98 wrote:• Nice rebound for "Seeing Blind" :D This 2 - 4 - 2 run should be just the tease you need to get Niall to cough up some n00dz to secure himself another Jakeboard No. 1...
• The sound of "Snowman" certainly caught me off-guard! I guess I was expecting something more uptempo, jolly, in the vein of "Frosty The Snowman" or "Lil Snowman", but I guess this is more suitably Sia?
• Tomorrow's chart of mine will definitely be packed with reputation entries, and while "Call It What You Want" won't be one of the highest, it does have a certain chill charm to it. A much mellower side of Tay (that isn't a ballad either.)
• On first listen, I'm not loving the sound of "Hey Boy", but I do appreciate the return of a more cheeky/playful Natasha (especially in the video!) :lol:

Yet another chart that takes me exactly where I want to go, Jake! :D
Seeing blind got a nice boost following their performance at the Country music awards. It was blocked initially on YouTube but someone managed to upload the performance and up until last night it was still available to watch. LOL i'm sure i've had other singles having that agonising 2-4-2 run in the past. It's probably more common than i realise. :P

I really wanted to like Santa's coming for us but it got 2 plays and i wasn't feeling it, so that Sia track failed to make my chart. When i first listened to Snowman it was like a sigh of relief that i finally had a Sia song that i was completely on board with. It's like the musical equivalent of sitting by a log fire with a cup of mulled wine. It sure gives me that warm winter evening feeling. :D

Ahh now i checked out the iTunes previews of Reputation but the album tracks were made "album only". :( Plus none of the tracks are on YouTube, and whilst i love New year's day, thats thanks purely to that ABC exclusive performance that was uploaded on YouTube.

Aww i was quite impressed with Hey boy and the video helped give the song a bit of reply value.
JakeP
Manager

Postby Mainshow » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:35 pm

I am so happy to see Niall being back being so successful on your chart! "Seeing Blind" is excellent (like I have already said). My mum and my grandmother love it, too! I think he has a huge hit on his hands. He and his team would be entirely stupid to not give this track a proper single treatment.

I am not keen on Sia going the Christmas album route. She's usually a hit or miss for me anyway but I can't imagine her singing Christmas songs. The first single was a horrible if you ask me and her (strong and distinctive) voice didn't fit the song at all.

"Call It What You Want" is probably my favourite on the album. I am sure it will rise a bit next week! Great tune!
#JUSTICE4ALEKSEEV
Mainshow
Legend

Postby JakeP » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:51 pm

Mainshow wrote:I am so happy to see Niall being back being so successful on your chart! "Seeing Blind" is excellent (like I have already said). My mum and my grandmother love it, too! I think he has a huge hit on his hands. He and his team would be entirely stupid to not give this track a proper single treatment.

I am not keen on Sia going the Christmas album route. She's usually a hit or miss for me anyway but I can't imagine her singing Christmas songs. The first single was a horrible if you ask me and her (strong and distinctive) voice didn't fit the song at all.

"Call It What You Want" is probably my favourite on the album. I am sure it will rise a bit next week! Great tune!
Niall certainly enjoyed a resurgence last week although i'd it was Flicker got received the biggest boost, but Seeing blind got enough of a boost too to remain ahead. I do hope its pushed a single maybe in early 2018 to capitalise of the post-christmas slump when all the christmas songs suddenly drop out of the Spotify charts. :P

Like i posted above i was kinda excited by the prospect but Santa's coming for us failed to ignite any excitement from me so i had almost resigned myself to thinking this christmas album would be a bit of a damp squib. Then Snowman came along and i truly love the song so it's kinda sparked a bit more interest again in the album.

I do like Call it what you want, certainly more than Gorgeous, but because its not been fully released on iTunes and there are no audio videos on YouTube its making it increasingly more difficult to check out the album. Even if i had Spotify i believe its not even on there to listen. I suppose its a good tactic as it encourages people to buy the album but usually i need to like enough songs on an album before i consider buying it.
JakeP
Manager

Postby JakeP » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:48 pm

JakeP Top 20 (18th November 2017)

ImageImageImageImageImage

01 (01) Rita Ora - Anywhere [4 wks] [#1] (4 wks @ #1)
02 (05) Eminem featuring Beyoncé - Walk on water [2 wks] [#2]
03 (NE) Taylor Swift - New year’s day [1 wk] [#3]
04 (03) Niall Horan - Flicker [4 wks] [#3]
05 (02) Niall Horan & Maren Morris - Seeing blind [4 wks] [#2]
06 (04) Sia - Snowman [2 wks] [#4]
07 (09) Marina Kaye - Something [3 wks] [#7]
08 (06) Camila Cabello featuring Young Thug - Havana [10 wks] [#2]
09 (10) Clean Bandit featuring Julia Michaels - I miss you [3 wks] [#9]
10 (08) Selena Gomez & Marshmello - Wolves [4 wks] [#5]
11 (07) Mabel featuring Kojo Funds - Finders keepers [6 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
12 (13) Niall Horan - Mirrors [4 wks] [#6]
13 (NE) Ofenbach vs. Nick Waterhouse - Katchi [1 wk] [#13]
14 (NE) Jennifer Lopez featuring Wisin - Amor amor amor [1 wk] [#14]
15 (NE) Ed Sheeran - Perfect [1 wk] [#15]
16 (NE) MK - 17 [1 wk] [#16]
17 (NE) Calvin Harris featuring Kehlani & Lil Yachty - Faking it [1 wk] [#17]
18 (20) Niall Horan - On the loose [4 wks] [#10]
19 (NE) Big Shaq - Man’s not hot [1 wk] [#19]
20 (15) Niall Horan - Too much to ask [10 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)

The Hit Seeker

Lindsey Stirling featuring Becky G - Christmas c’mon
JakeP
Manager

Postby luckyONE » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:55 pm

Yay, a Top 3 debut for Taylor! Amazing. :D

Good to see "Perfect" debuting, too. Probably my favorite song by Ed Sheeran.

Unfortunately I think the new Eminem track is horrible :cry: but that's because Beyoncé is totally not needed and ruins the song for me. Not only the song but also the excitement for Em's new album. :oops: I would have prefered a(nother) collaboration with Rihanna or P!nk to be quite honest. :lol:
luckyONE
Superstar

Postby JakeP » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:11 pm

luckyONE wrote:Yay, a Top 3 debut for Taylor! Amazing. :D

Good to see "Perfect" debuting, too. Probably my favorite song by Ed Sheeran.

Unfortunately I think the new Eminem track is horrible :cry: but that's because Beyoncé is totally not needed and ruins the song for me. Not only the song but also the excitement for Em's new album. :oops: I would have prefered a(nother) collaboration with Rihanna or P!nk to be quite honest. :lol:
Thanks luckyONE :D

Aww, i was hoping the Reputation album would've been uploaded onto Taylor's YouTube channel. I get that she's very protective of her music but i sometimes can't judge a song on just a 90 second iTunes preview. Hopefully i'll be able to hear the album or at least some of the tracks soon. :D

As for New year's day, the reason this song successfully made my chart is purely thanks to the performance Taylor recorded for ABC which is available to watch on YouTube.

Perfect has been slowly growing on me in recent weeks and then the cute music video was released and that made me appreciate the song more. I still think Ed copied R Kelly's If i could turn back the hands of time for this song, the similarities are glaringly obvious to me. :lol:

I've been reading comments in the Walk on water thread in the rn'b forum. Don't quite understand why they keep discussing Iggy Azalea as she's got nothing to do with this song. :-? :lol: It seems to have split opinion so i'll be in the minority who loves the song. I think its a very honest Eminem track, and listening to his lyrics the whole song makes perfect sense to me. Beyoncé's vocals on the track are so lush and gorgeous, its like the sound of pouring syrup over a sponge cake. I'm hungry and will be grabbing something to eat shortly :lol: Ahh now i listened to Revenge from P!nk's album and i found that song kinda corny and i didn't enjoy it anywhere near as much as a few of the other tracks that did make my chart a few weeks back. :wink: Still, this is only one single and knowing Eminem he's bound to have some fierce powerful tracks on the album. My gut feeling is that there won't be many tracks like Walk on water on the new album.
JakeP
Manager

Postby JSparksFan » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:52 pm

YES at the "Anywhere" slayage here! 8-)

"Walk on Water" is so bad. :lol: I have to laugh when I consider the fact that Eminem - a candidate for the all-time greatest rapper - and Beyoncé - a candidate for all-time greatest musician - came together to make something so awful.

Hope to see "Perfect" climb here in the weeks to come!

And the category is: LIVE. WORK. POSE!
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby JakeP » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:26 pm

JSparksFan wrote:YES at the "Anywhere" slayage here! 8-)

"Walk on Water" is so bad. :lol: I have to laugh when I consider the fact that Eminem - a candidate for the all-time greatest rapper - and Beyoncé - a candidate for all-time greatest musician - came together to make something so awful.

Hope to see "Perfect" climb here in the weeks to come!

Anywhere is in a strong position to be contender for song of the year. Four weeks at the top and i'm still loving the song. Next stop UK #1. :D

Aww gosh, i must be one of very few people who really likes Walk on water. :( There's something i find myself getting drawn towards each time i listen to the song. I wonder if people would've liked it more had a cool beat been added to the backing music. :P

Perfect is in a good position to make some progress now. I doubt it'll be reaching the dizzying heights of my chart but i wouldn't rule out making the top 10 at least. :wink:
JakeP
Manager

Postby Mainshow » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:01 pm

I am glad Niall doesn't have to suffer this week either! - Good chart! - Rita will be your #1 until Christmas, it seems :D - I like the track but don't get all the fuss about it, tbh :D
#JUSTICE4ALEKSEEV
Mainshow
Legend

Postby JakeP » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:28 pm

Mainshow wrote:I am glad Niall doesn't have to suffer this week either! - Good chart! - Rita will be your #1 until Christmas, it seems :D - I like the track but don't get all the fuss about it, tbh :D
Thanks Mainshow :D

Not at all, i'm still very much enjoying my favourite tracks on Flicker. LOL well, that's left to be seen. A new song might get released next Friday that completely destroys the competition and goes to #1 next weekend. But yes, right now i would say Rita has an easy 5th week at #1. :wink:
JakeP
Manager

Postby Mainshow » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:32 pm

JakeP wrote:
Mainshow wrote:I am glad Niall doesn't have to suffer this week either! - Good chart! - Rita will be your #1 until Christmas, it seems :D - I like the track but don't get all the fuss about it, tbh :D
Thanks Mainshow :D

Not at all, i'm still very much enjoying my favourite tracks on Flicker. LOL well, that's left to be seen. A new song might get released next Friday that completely destroys the competition and goes to #1 next weekend. But yes, right now i would say Rita has an easy 5th week at #1. :wink:
Which song is going to be released next week which may be a contender for your #1 spot?
I am glad you are still loving "Flicker" as much as I do.
#JUSTICE4ALEKSEEV
Mainshow
Legend

Postby heppolo » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:33 pm

19 (NE) Big Shaq - Man’s not hot

Hold tight, my man.
He's got a frisbee
heppolo
Legend

Postby JakeP » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:36 pm

Mainshow wrote:Which song is going to be released next week which may be a contender for your #1 spot?
I am glad you are still loving "Flicker" as much as I do.
Little Mix are releasing their deluxe edition of Glory days next Friday with three new tracks. Any one of them could steal the #1 spot from Rita Ora if the songs are strong enough. Other than that, i don't think there is going to be any other competition. Unless someone else drops a surprise new single like Ellie Goulding or Jess Glynne. :D
Last edited by JakeP on Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JakeP
Manager

Postby JakeP » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:41 pm

heppolo wrote:19 (NE) Big Shaq - Man’s not hot

Hold tight, my man.
He's got a frisbee
LOL Big Shaq just makes me laugh in the music video. :lol: Especially the opening scene where he's lay in bed on his phone. The way he pronounces the word "statistics". :lol:

I would never have thought the song was called Man's not hot after seeing those memes a few weeks back.
JakeP
Manager

Postby cheapthrills » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:26 pm

It's more than a month to Christmas and Snowman is already falling :(
cheapthrills
Superstar

Postby JakeP » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:02 pm

cheapthrills wrote:It's more than a month to Christmas and Snowman is already falling :(
It's only a small drop though. :wink: My chart run for Never give up was quite a peculiar one; 09-11-06-07-04-07-09-18 so it peaked in its fifth week on the chart.

I've still not got round to checking out Sia's christmas album so its left to be seen if any other tracks off the album make my chart.
JakeP
Manager

Postby Fan » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:52 pm

I am very glad to see Amor Amor Amor charting here <3 One of my jams at the moment, it's so catchy. I mean, I love Spanish songs in general and I love Jenny so I was always going to like this :lol:

I am not Ed's biggest fan anymore. Loved him back in the day, and I still think The A Team and Photograph are brilliant, but I feel like he has been soo overrated these days. Perfect is pretty damn perfect though.
i wanna see you on your knees, wanna see you begging
Fan
Legend

Postby JakeP » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:52 pm

Fan wrote:I am very glad to see Amor Amor Amor charting here <3 One of my jams at the moment, it's so catchy. I mean, I love Spanish songs in general and I love Jenny so I was always going to like this :lol:

I am not Ed's biggest fan anymore. Loved him back in the day, and I still think The A Team and Photograph are brilliant, but I feel like he has been soo overrated these days. Perfect is pretty damn perfect though.
You can always rely on J-Lo to bring the pop bops. I still prefer her last single Ni tú ni yo more though, but this new track is great. :D Ahh i don't really listen to spanish music in general but i like Jennifer Lopez and Shakira thanks to their english language songs so i pay more attention to them than i would artists who only release music in spanish. Also because a lot of popular hits in Spain tend to all sound the same with that reggaeton beat. :oops:

I've been saying since its release that i have found ÷ quite an underwhelming album. I have started to like Perfect more since i watched the music video, and i did love how heartwarming it was. But i personally wouldn't describe Perfect as "perfect". It's still too similar to other love songs for my liking.
JakeP
Manager

Postby Tansike » Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:03 pm

JakeP wrote:I just knew that Niall wouldn't be #1 in the UK. Our british media always set everything up, so like i've posted in the past they are using Harry as the benchmark of solo success and the other four can only compete to be second best. I'm glad Niall made chart history in America by becoming the third member of a group to score a solo #1 album, following The Beatles. That said, i thought Niall would still outsell P!nk in Australia considering how successful his singles were down under. I'm just happy that he's still had success and of course he's been doing that recent tour, and is going on a bigger arena tour in 2018. It's not just about album sales and i think Niall realises this. LOL yes, Niall is comfortably 1st but Zayn also did well as a few of his album tracks also made my chart. Harry still only has Sign of the times as his only successful single, whilst pretty much else sounds incredibly british but as if its been forced rather than sounding natural. :oops:
Oh really? I had no idea it’s that way. Zayn also debuted at #1 after all but didn’t have the same longevity as Harry does, so Harry definitely is the most successful so far. However, it’s kinda unfair if the media already thinks so way before they release their stuff, they basically control how the boys have success or not that way. At least a little bit… Anyways, Niall deserved the #1 more than Harry and Zayn IMO and here’s hope he will have amazing longevity and sell very well through the rest of the year and in 2018. I agree when it comes to Harry’s music… he’s just “Sign Of The Times” for me as well. I keep on being excited to hear the first albums by Louis and Liam, though Louis’ album will most likely end up as the weakest one.

JakeP wrote:Ohh no. :lol: I meant Good old days is my favourite track from Macklemore's latest album. :wink: I loved Macklemore & Ryan Lewis in 2013, Thrift shop was amazing, even Can't hold us was a strong follow up - possibly might've secured a week at #1 although it was out around the same time as Get lucky and Blurred lines which i was loving so much that summer. Same love was one of my first new #1 singles not long after i started compiling my own chart.

LOL i'm shocked at how messy the Reputation era has turned out especially after such an incredible launch with Look what you made me do. I've never bought any Taylor albums but she released quite a few instant grats from 1989 before the whole album was released, and those songs made my chart. I'm sure the album will be successful next week but i still think ...ready for it? could've been bigger than it has been had they released the track and music video together.
Oh okay, makes sense now! :lol: :oops: I was surprised when I read it and had to ask, even though I was quite sure you didn’t mean overall, that would have been too shocking… and now, I can’t believe all these songs came out over four years ago, wow, how time flies!!

Agree. Now that the album is out I must say I’m slightly disappointed, as it’s definitely much weaker than “1989”, and also weaker than some of her other albums to me. A few tracks are currently growing on me, but overall it’s just simple pop music, while Taylor used to have so much personality in her albums. Like, you knew it was her while listening to them, which isn’t the case with “Reputation”. Since it’s not on the streaming services so far I guess you won’t listen to it?

JakeP wrote:Yes, Niall got to the #1 fair and square that week even though i wasn't really keen on the fact it went Logic - Niall - Logic - Niall but that's how it panned out. :lol: Logic for two weeks followed by Niall for two weeks would've looked more orderly but that's the beauty of personal charts. Sometimes they can look really random. :lol: :P
But I love these random changes, that’s way more interesting than having the same #1 for several weeks, then the next and then another new one again IMO :)

JakeP wrote:Ahh yes, i firstly saw the Zara & Nena video show up in my YouTube recommends so that's how i first discovered the song. Then i saw that you started a thread for the song in the pop forum, but i wasn't so keen on the original Zara version. This new arrangement completely made the song come to life for me, such an excellent transformation of the song making it sound more haunting and beautiful.
Very happy this new version made you like the song! It’s definitely a well done new mix, much better than those usual remixes… I mean, artists usually add a rapper with one line onto their songs and release this as a new version, while Zara got a german legend on her song and made it even slower and more stripped down. It’s funny how the music basically doesn’t work with the lyrics, and the music makes you forget about the fact that “Only You” is a very sexual song…

JakeP wrote:I had considered buying Beautiful trauma but my iTunes account was low on credit, and i had said all along i was gonna buy Flicker so i bought myself an iTunes gift card to credit my account (because i'm old fashioned :lol: ) but then i only decided to download a couple of the songs instead from P!nk's album but i've always got the option to complete my album if ever i decide to do that. :wink: Where we go is amazing, it stood out instantly when i first played it on YouTube. Someone had managed to upload the whole album on YouTube and it wasn't removed so i took advantage and listened to album that way, then bought the individual tracks i enjoyed the most. I agree, it really deserves to be a single. :D Hmm still not sold on Revenge, i still find the song a bit corny and sadly not particularly great, its one of the weaker songs on the album for me too. :(

Imagine Dragons benefitted mainly from the music video. You're right, their success has been amazing to see considering the lack of success from Smoke & mirrors. That said, they still haven't quite impacted in quite the same way they did with a couple of the singles taken from Night visions.
Interesting… and yep, definitely the oldschool way of buying stuff these days, but I like that :wink: As I already said, “Where We Go” is my favorite track on her album and still is, so it’s nice you like it that much as well and here’s hope it may be a single next year.

Same for me when it comes to Imagine Dragons. They singles may have been huge on the charts out there, however they didn’t do that well on mine, they have yet to release something like “Radioactive”, “On Top Of The World” or “Demons” for me.

JakeP wrote:LOL the Niall domination was inevitable but it wasn't quite Adele levels of conquering my chart. A couple of album tracks still miss the mark for me so i prefer to focus on the tracks i truly enjoy listening to. Seeing blind is amazing, and i think it would be such a good choice as 4th single although a part of me thinks Flicker would also be a very popular song were Niall to promote the song on different tv shows as its such a lovely song. <3

Rita Ora really took me by surprise as i wasn't expecting such a flawless pop bop quite like Anywhere, but this is exactly the type of melodic, catchy unashamed pop music that i've come to enjoy so much over the years so this was a pleasant surprise.
The title track would be a nice choice for sure too, but going with something like “Seeing Blind” now after “Too Much To Ask” would be a nice pick IMO. Anyways, speaking about it, while I think “Too Much To Ask” is the weakest of the three singles, I’m still surprised it didn’t do better on the charts out there, especially since “This Town” did quite well as a ballad for him :(

Rita <3 She’s having a great 2017 now and I’m really looking forward to her new album as it’s 2/2 for me.

JakeP wrote:Ahh i knew that Wolves was gonna climb. Indeed it was the Thursday evening (i think) when i first heard Wolves so it only had 1 and a ½ days to make an impact, and it was clearly an incredibly busy week with Niall having multiple chart entries, so #9 was the best Selena could manage. With a full week of airplay and then the music video coming out last Friday helped boost the single into my top 5. :D

That's because Clean Bandit have always entered high in my chart, in most cases either at #1 or in the case of Rockabye at #2 behind Shout out to my ex before climbing to #1. In this instance, I miss you entering at #10 is the lowest a Clean Bandit single has debuted since Come over got to #19 in 2014. So that's why it looks like an underperformance, they usually deliver incredible instant hits. In fact, I miss you did grow on me gradually more which is what helped the single crack the top 10.

Aww, Something is a lovely song so i must thank you for this discovery. It might not look as impressive entering at #16 but i always say a song has done well if it makes my top 20. :wink: LOL never assume anything. :P Something makes me feel really christmassy and its perfect for this time of year, so its actually got a chance of doing better than Homeless. :wink:
Looking at it now I think #9 was a really strong debut then after a bit more than a day and such a competition going on – wow! :o Unfortunately, the track didn’t hold on for too long with me. It’s nice for sure, but Selena can do so much better :(

True, they’re kinda huge on your charts. So fingers crossed for a better peak for “I Miss You”! It’s too good to ‘flop’! :)

WOW! That’s a huge statement there. Really excited to see how it will do now :cry:

JakeP wrote:JakeP Top 20 (11th November 2017)

01 (01) Rita Ora - Anywhere [3 wks] [#1] (3 wks @ #1)
02 (04) Niall Horan & Maren Morris - Seeing blind [3 wks] [#2]
03 (11) Niall Horan - Flicker [3 wks] [#3]
04 (NE) Sia - Snowman [1 wk] [#4]
06 (02) Camila Cabello featuring Young Thug - Havana [9 wks] [#2]
08 (05) Selena Gomez & Marshmello - Wolves [3 wks] [#5]
09 (16) Marina Kaye - Something [2 wks] [#9]
10 (10) Clean Bandit featuring Julia Michaels - I miss you [2 wks] [#10]
11 (NE) Taylor Swift - Call it what you want [1 wk] [#11]
12 (NE) Natasha Bedingfield - Hey boy [1 wk] [#12]
13 (09) Niall Horan - Mirrors [3 wks] [#6]
15 (14) Niall Horan - Too much to ask [9 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
17 (20) MØ - When i was young [2 wks] [#17]
18 (08) Charlie Puth - How long [6 wks] [#4]
19 (07) P!nk - Where we go [4 wks] [#2]
20 (12) Niall Horan - On the loose [3 wks] [#10]
Probably no surprise to see me liking so many entries on your charts from a week ago. Rita getting a third week at #1 is just so deserved and I really, really hope she’ll be #1 in the UK soon (and maybe Top10 everywhere else <3). Niall climbing with some of his entries is sweet too, though I have to say while I like his album, it gets a bit lost for me due to so many other new releases at the moment…

Nice debut for Sia! “Snowman” is a good song from her, and her whole Christmas album is actually better than expected. It’s cool how she recorded completely new stuff instead of doing the same classics over and over again.

Marina rising into the Top10 <3 <3 <3 :cry: :cry: :cry:

Taylor’s and Natasha’s songs are solid. Didn’t expect Natasha to return with a song like this, it’s a shame there’s zero buzz around her right now.

Very glad “Where We Go” got another week on your charts & “I Miss You” another week in the Top10 :)

JakeP wrote:JakeP Top 20 (18th November 2017)

03 (NE) Taylor Swift - New year’s day [1 wk] [#3]
07 (09) Marina Kaye - Something [3 wks] [#7]
09 (10) Clean Bandit featuring Julia Michaels - I miss you [3 wks] [#9]
17 (NE) Calvin Harris featuring Kehlani & Lil Yachty - Faking it [1 wk] [#17]

The Hit Seeker
Lindsey Stirling featuring Becky G - Christmas c’mon
Only highlighting the new entries I really like and other songs I have to say something about… there’s obviously more I like (like all Niall tracks) though I don’t quote them again :)

Love Rita’s slayage :cool:

Also nice entry for Taylor’s “New Year’s Day”. I’m kinda surprised it even made your Top3, that’s quite big. She is sending this to US country radios so it will be interesting to see how this will do… even though “End Game” seems to be the next single overall.

No surprise to see me absolutely LOVING that climb for “Something” <3
Also good to see “I Miss You” improving a little bit. So even if you’re not the biggest fan of it, it’s doing quite well so far (10-10-9 is a nice chartrun) :)
I’m also impressed at how stable “Wolves” is. Four weeks in the Top10 must be one of Selena’s biggest hits on your charts already, right?

“Perfect” is such an obvious choice for Ed’s new single, and it’s already a top hit over here in Switzerland for four weeks, which is well deserved IMO. I think he’ll perform at the UK X Factor this week so maybe he will top the UK Charts too. It’s no “Thinking Out Loud” but definitely another great track by him.
Also nice arrival for “Faking It”.

Not sure if you already saw it but Lindsey Stirling has release a video for “Christmas C’mon”, so it’s officially the next single… well, she could have picked a better one for my taste, but it’s slowly growing on me now. Can’t wait to see how she will do on your charts :D
Tansike
Legend

Postby JakeP » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:48 pm

Tansike wrote:Oh really? I had no idea it’s that way. Zayn also debuted at #1 after all but didn’t have the same longevity as Harry does, so Harry definitely is the most successful so far. However, it’s kinda unfair if the media already thinks so way before they release their stuff, they basically control how the boys have success or not that way. At least a little bit… Anyways, Niall deserved the #1 more than Harry and Zayn IMO and here’s hope he will have amazing longevity and sell very well through the rest of the year and in 2018. I agree when it comes to Harry’s music… he’s just “Sign Of The Times” for me as well. I keep on being excited to hear the first albums by Louis and Liam, though Louis’ album will most likely end up as the weakest one.
Thanks Tansike :D

I read that Flicker sold slightly more than Mind of mine in their first weeks of release so i consider that a moral victory for Niall. :lol: There's no denying that Harry has been the most successful so far but overall his music is just not for me. At least he's got Sign of the times. :P Oh i hope so, Niall's album is such a delightful album, and the highlights are true gems. <3 Apparently Liam Payne is releasing his debut album in January 2018 so will be interesting to see how he does. I suspect his album will go to #1 all over the world, including the UK as Liam and Harry have always been portrayed as the main two boys in One Direction. I agree, Louis would release an average album at best. His solo success would be shown up so badly when compared to the other boys.

Tansike wrote:Oh okay, makes sense now! :lol: :oops: I was surprised when I read it and had to ask, even though I was quite sure you didn’t mean overall, that would have been too shocking… and now, I can’t believe all these songs came out over four years ago, wow, how time flies!!

Agree. Now that the album is out I must say I’m slightly disappointed, as it’s definitely much weaker than “1989”, and also weaker than some of her other albums to me. A few tracks are currently growing on me, but overall it’s just simple pop music, while Taylor used to have so much personality in her albums. Like, you knew it was her while listening to them, which isn’t the case with “Reputation”. Since it’s not on the streaming services so far I guess you won’t listen to it?
LOL it's always best to clarify. :lol: Urgh, time goes so fast its scary. :o

So far i've only listened to the iTunes previews and its difficult to really judge a song, or get a feel for the song based on 90 seconds. That said, Delicate sounds very promising. If only the album tracks were on YouTube could've made all the difference. I adore New year's day which successfully made my chart thanks to the live performance Taylor filmed for ABC which is available to watch on YouTube.

Tansike wrote:But I love these random changes, that’s way more interesting than having the same #1 for several weeks, then the next and then another new one again IMO :)
Yes, they definitely reflect the songs i've enjoyed the most for that particular week. :P

Tansike wrote:Very happy this new version made you like the song! It’s definitely a well done new mix, much better than those usual remixes… I mean, artists usually add a rapper with one line onto their songs and release this as a new version, while Zara got a german legend on her song and made it even slower and more stripped down. It’s funny how the music basically doesn’t work with the lyrics, and the music makes you forget about the fact that “Only You” is a very sexual song…
I couldn't imagine a song like Only you working had they included a rapper. It would've made the song sound more disjointed and clunky. Whereas this new stripped back version with Nena is gorgeous. LOL i'm sure this has been happening for years where you have very sexual songs but dressed up to sound all cute and cuddly on the outside. :lol:

Tansike wrote:Interesting… and yep, definitely the oldschool way of buying stuff these days, but I like that :wink: As I already said, “Where We Go” is my favorite track on her album and still is, so it’s nice you like it that much as well and here’s hope it may be a single next year.

Same for me when it comes to Imagine Dragons. They singles may have been huge on the charts out there, however they didn’t do that well on mine, they have yet to release something like “Radioactive”, “On Top Of The World” or “Demons” for me.
Yes at the shared love for Where we go. That said, i love the new music video for Beautiful trauma which has reignited my interest in the song and is now looking likely to re-enter my top 20 tomorrow. :D

Radioactive was such an amazing single from Imagine Dragons. I still don't think they've come close to bettering that track since. Thunder did very well in my chart earlier this year but i still felt that the pitched vocals were unnecessary. :oops: They were just trend hopping because so many other artists have been using the same effects in their songs too.

Tansike wrote:The title track would be a nice choice for sure too, but going with something like “Seeing Blind” now after “Too Much To Ask” would be a nice pick IMO. Anyways, speaking about it, while I think “Too Much To Ask” is the weakest of the three singles, I’m still surprised it didn’t do better on the charts out there, especially since “This Town” did quite well as a ballad for him :(

Rita <3 She’s having a great 2017 now and I’m really looking forward to her new album as it’s 2/2 for me.
I actually agree as Seeing blind is still kinda upbeat despite being a ballad. It would be an excellent single choice for sure. It could easily happen too in early 2018 as Niall and Maren touring together, so perfect time to film a really nice music video. :wink: I have a feeling Niall won a lot of fans with Slow hands and they probably expected more similar songs from Niall. Shame though because Too much to ask is such a lovely song. <3 This town is similar to Seeing blind, both ballads but they have a upbeat jolly vibe about them.

I can't believe Rita Ora has only released one album. :o I know there was a lot of talk about Rita working with Calvin Harris a few years back but after they split up, all the music seemed disappear too. :-? But maybe it was for the best as Rita is on cloud 9 right now, and Anywhere is still amazing so its the perfect song to launch the album.

Tansike wrote:Looking at it now I think #9 was a really strong debut then after a bit more than a day and such a competition going on – wow! :o Unfortunately, the track didn’t hold on for too long with me. It’s nice for sure, but Selena can do so much better :(

True, they’re kinda huge on your charts. So fingers crossed for a better peak for “I Miss You”! It’s too good to ‘flop’! :)

WOW! That’s a huge statement there. Really excited to see how it will do now :cry:
Oh definitely, and it would've been higher without all the Niall entries. Selena Gomez has had some tremendous success this year. I agree that Selena has done a few better singles over the years.

Well I miss you has been a slow burner and they should remain inside the top 10 for another. Impressive how Clean Bandit have really started to take off in the UK, the track now up to #11 in todays chart.

I think it's safe to say that Something is now Marina Kaye's most successful single in my chart. Homeless peaked at #10 so Something has already better that tracks peak, and it should stabilise a bit more now too. :D

Tansike wrote:Probably no surprise to see me liking so many entries on your charts from a week ago. Rita getting a third week at #1 is just so deserved and I really, really hope she’ll be #1 in the UK soon (and maybe Top10 everywhere else <3). Niall climbing with some of his entries is sweet too, though I have to say while I like his album, it gets a bit lost for me due to so many other new releases at the moment…

Nice debut for Sia! “Snowman” is a good song from her, and her whole Christmas album is actually better than expected. It’s cool how she recorded completely new stuff instead of doing the same classics over and over again.

Marina rising into the Top10 <3 <3 <3 :cry: :cry: :cry:

Taylor’s and Natasha’s songs are solid. Didn’t expect Natasha to return with a song like this, it’s a shame there’s zero buzz around her right now.

Very glad “Where We Go” got another week on your charts & “I Miss You” another week in the Top10 :)
I love Snowman by Sia. It's a very classy sounding ballad and so much better than Santa's coming for us which failed to make my chart initially, although now that there's a music video it could give the song a boost to help it enter my top 20 although it's unlikely to chart tomorrow.

Neither did i, but i really enjoyed Natasha Bedingfield's new single. Taylor's most recent instant grat single was much better than Gorgeous.

Tansike wrote:Only highlighting the new entries I really like and other songs I have to say something about… there’s obviously more I like (like all Niall tracks) though I don’t quote them again :)

Love Rita’s slayage :cool:

Also nice entry for Taylor’s “New Year’s Day”. I’m kinda surprised it even made your Top3, that’s quite big. She is sending this to US country radios so it will be interesting to see how this will do… even though “End Game” seems to be the next single overall.

No surprise to see me absolutely LOVING that climb for “Something” <3
Also good to see “I Miss You” improving a little bit. So even if you’re not the biggest fan of it, it’s doing quite well so far (10-10-9 is a nice chartrun) :)
I’m also impressed at how stable “Wolves” is. Four weeks in the Top10 must be one of Selena’s biggest hits on your charts already, right?

“Perfect” is such an obvious choice for Ed’s new single, and it’s already a top hit over here in Switzerland for four weeks, which is well deserved IMO. I think he’ll perform at the UK X Factor this week so maybe he will top the UK Charts too. It’s no “Thinking Out Loud” but definitely another great track by him.
Also nice arrival for “Faking It”.

Not sure if you already saw it but Lindsey Stirling has release a video for “Christmas C’mon”, so it’s officially the next single… well, she could have picked a better one for my taste, but it’s slowly growing on me now. Can’t wait to see how she will do on your charts :D
As i wrote above, New year's day benefitted all thanks to the ABC performance on YouTube. I'm surprised that it's the only traditional ballad on the whole album based on the iTunes previews. End game seems like the obvious choice for next single purely because of Ed Sheeran more than anything else. :P

Aww, i knew you would be happy to see Marina Kaye continuing her ascent up my charts. :D As for I miss you it is definitely been a grower on me, each week i've started to come round to the song more. The beauty of the song lies within its subtlety, the downside is that songs like that don't seem like obvious hits from the start. Issues was exactly the same though, starting off fairly low-key but eventually got as high as #6 in my chart.

Wolves had done remarkable well even though its looking likely to drop out of the top 10 tomorrow. Selena's best chart performance was on Kygo's It ain't me which spent 5 weeks inside the top 10, and i'd say is quite comfortably Selena's most successful single of the year even though Fetish peaked at #2, but the latter dropped more quickly down the chart.

I agree about Perfect even though i pretty much dismissed the track when i first heard it because of how startlingly similar it is to R Kelly's If i could turn back the hands of time. But, like most music videos, the song got a nice little boost and i have started to come round to the song more in recent weeks. I still don't think its anywhere near Ed's best single which for me is still Thinking out loud. Ed is up to #4 and could well become a UK #1 but if he gets there and blocks Rita Ora... :evil: :lol: :cry:

LOL yes, i already saw the music video and i couldn't help but smile because i knew this wasn't your favourite song on Lindsey's album. Although its nice to see its starting to grow on you. :D I think it's such a fun song and i think the video is cute. :wink:
JakeP
Manager

Return to Personal Charts