JakeP Top 20

Moderators: JSparksFan, tdc2000, FreakyFlyBry

Postby SummerPeur » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:54 am

03 (NE) Sigrid - Strangers [1 wk] [#3]

Checked this song out as I had no idea / never heard of it. Really enjoyed it! Contender for #1? ;P

12 (09) Sia - Snowman [5 wks] [#4]

TBH I wouldn't mind if this left a bit quicker :lol:

13 (06) Clean Bandit featuring Julia Michaels - I miss you [6 wks] [#6]

Heard this song on the radio for the first time today! Great tune as well, sad to see it have such a huge drop :(
Yeah, I Bloom
I, Bloom Just For You
I Bloom, Just For Youuuuu
SummerPeur
Superstar

Postby Fan » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:40 pm

I wasn't that impressed with Strangers when I heard it, but will listen to it again since you have charted it so high. Maybe it's a grower?
Homesick, however, is simpy terrific. I'm the only person on the planet who didn't like New Rules, but this is most definitely a step in the right direction again.
i wanna see you on your knees, wanna see you begging
Fan
Legend

Postby JakeP » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:42 pm

Mainshow wrote:I see you have a new number-one for the last two weeks! That's awesome! I like the track!
Even though Niall's track loses a few positions, they seem to hold on quite well!
I also love to see the Dua Lipa tracks on yoir chart!
Thanks Mainshow :D

Aww, i adore Marina's song all kudos to Tansike as otherwise i may have never discovered this song. If only there were some subtle christmas bells in the song, it'd complete the track for me. :P

Yes, it was a busy week for new releases that really made an impact on me. Very true though about Niall but all thanks to the superb quality of those two particular album tracks, i've basically adopted them as if they were already hit singles. :lol:

I came across the Homesick thread in the pop forum which caught me attention. For some reason i wasn't expecting a Chris Martin penned ballad, i thought it was going to be another pop pop similar to New rules so this was a pleasant surprise. Homesick is gorgeous, and one to watch in the coming weeks. :wink:
JakeP
Manager

Postby JakeP » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:46 pm

heppolo wrote:03 (NE) Sigrid - Strangers [1 wk] [#3]

The song is fine.
Thanks heppolo :D

It sure is. Quite an achievement as i checked out Don't kill me vibe earlier in the year and it didn't really make any connection with me. I should be thankful to Sounds like Friday night as this was where i discovered the song and i was loving it so much.
JakeP
Manager

Postby JakeP » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:53 pm

SummerPeur wrote:03 (NE) Sigrid - Strangers [1 wk] [#3]

Checked this song out as I had no idea / never heard of it. Really enjoyed it! Contender for #1? ;P

12 (09) Sia - Snowman [5 wks] [#4]

TBH I wouldn't mind if this left a bit quicker :lol:

Heard this song on the radio for the first time today! Great tune as well, sad to see it have such a huge drop :(
Thanks SummerPeur :D

Yay, glad to be helping to spread that Sigrid love. <3 Delighted that you enjoyed the song too. A contender for #1? :P Well, its certainly possible but Sigrid is having to battle a couple of other songs for that honour. Watch this space... :wink:

LOL well i can safely say that this is one snowman that is starting to melt. :lol:

To be honest, I miss you has been a slow burner and continued to grow on me. Then last week i just felt like the song had reached its potential and was never likely to push for the top 5. That combined with a number of top 10 new entries meant it took a steeper drop than it probably would've done.
JakeP
Manager

Postby JakeP » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:58 pm

Fan wrote:I wasn't that impressed with Strangers when I heard it, but will listen to it again since you have charted it so high. Maybe it's a grower?
Homesick, however, is simpy terrific. I'm the only person on the planet who didn't like New Rules, but this is most definitely a step in the right direction again.
Thanks Fan :D

Aww, i love Strangers so much. It was actually very instant for me, pretty much loved it on first listen. That said, its the first Sigrid song i've really liked.

Oh yes, i totally agree about Homesick. Like i posted in the pop forum, it sounds like the sequel to Everglow, and i love Coldplay so anything Chris Martin related is usually guaranteed to make me pay attention. Wow, i thought New rules was one of those universally loved pop tracks of the year. :P :lol:
JakeP
Manager

Postby phoenix98 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:00 pm

JakeP wrote:It's always nice when people get the chance to spend quality time with friends and family. Looking forward to enjoying my well earned christmas break from work. :lol:
For sure! Are there any particularly fun festive family traditions you're looking forward to the most?

JakeP wrote:When i checked the iTunes previews of reputation, End game didn't really stand out that much. I was drawn more to both Delicate and Getaway car but i've still not heard either in full. Future just doesn't strike me as an exceptional rapper who is bringing something new to the table. Many of these rappers all blur into one. :oops:

Ed Sheeran has seen a loophole and has taken full of advantage of it. :lol: He's now releasing another version of Perfect with Andrea Bocelli which is just milking the song for more sales, but if he can make the single even more successful then i've got to give him credit for making it happen. I'm not really that keen on the Beyoncé version either. It took me a while for me to start getting into Perfect in the first place, purely because of how much it sounds like R Kelly's track.

Shape of you overshadowed Castle on the hill pretty much everywhere. The latter must be one of the most unluckiest singles in recent years because i'm sure it peaked at #2 in so many countries. LOL i would be absolutely gobsmacked if Ed Sheeran's 4th album ends up being more successful than ÷.
I definitely can't argue with either of those reputation picks! (Well, even though I might slightly prefer "End Game" to "Getaway Car"...but don't tell Akini that!)

I was pretty surprised to see that Ed had recorded ANOTHER high-profile-duet-version of "Perfect." Did his team really think that a version with Beyoncé wouldn't be enough? :lol: I mean, props for picking someone quite unexpected with Mr. Bocelli...but couldn't they have saved him for a different single? It really feels like overkill with "Perfect" now (especially since it was already doing quite well before the Beyoncé version dropped...)

For the sake of avoiding TOTAL over-exposure, I kind of hope his next era isn't any bigger than this one has been :lol: I mean, if his next lead single gets even MORE over-played than "Shape Of You"... :x :x :x

JakeP wrote:I agree with your point and streaming is how many people choose to consume music, but its the incredibly slow nature that irks me. :x :lol: I don't think there will ever be a happy medium between streaming and digital paid for sales. If you look at the UK charts in recent months, songs can have a good chart run then suddenly plummet as they get hit with acr. It just makes the chart look even more artificial than it already is. :lol:

Ahh that makes sense. my airplay can differ each week. My average is usually 15-20 plays per week but some weeks if i'm busy the lesser amount of plays can benefit new releases on a Friday. So if i fall in love with a new release at the end of the week, it might receive enough airplay and love for me to skyrocket to #1 in 24 hours.
**Nod** For sure. I want the chart data to be as comprehensive as possible, reflecting the habits of as many consumers as possible...I just don't like what that data's been revealing about people's listening/streaming habits :x :lol: (In terms of both the song choices, and how long it takes them to move onto something new...)

Ah, nice! So we're pretty similar there.

JakeP wrote:Oh definitely. I'm so happy that even more people on UK Mix have come round to Too much to ask. I agree you can tell that Niall really focused on delivering a solid album, so kudos to Niall for achieving that and getting those US chart records. :D Poor Louis? Yes, it's poor i'll give you that. :lol: :P His vocals on his latest track are hideous. I mean, i don't rate his singing but i could tolerate his voice on Just hold on but not that latest track. :-?
I'm sure you deserve at least some (probably most) of the credit for helping people to see the light when it comes to that track! It's a shame that it looks like it might never take off like "This Town" or "Slow Hands" on official charts (though at least it went Top 20 in Australia!), but the influx of Christmas tunes is probably at least partially to blame for its premature demise. **Fingers crossed** for "Seeing Blind" getting the era back on track next... ;)

Ha, yeah, it seemed like Louis's vocals always got the most criticism back in the 1D days (well, when he was given his own lines at all...)

JakeP wrote:I'm sure i've posted this in the past but i really should work for a record company. If i chose the singles, all artists would probably have a better chance at success. I tend to have an ear for a killer hook or catchy chorus. This is what makes a song stand out to me anyways. :D
I'd gladly be one of your references! I can totally vouch for your hit-seeking (well, hit-MAKING, really) track record here on UKMIX. "Lost On You", "Call On Me", "Feel It Still", "No Roots", "Finders Keepers"...and that's barely scratching the surface!

JakeP wrote:Thinking about it, it's quite baffling. Migos went to #1 in America but it wasn't exactly a hit anywhere else. So the success of Migos and its members since the start of 2017 has been quite confusing. Maybe they've gained a big social media following or something? :lol:
Ah, that's a great point! Quavo has been attached to quite a few international hits in places where "Bad And Boujee" was never very big at all (AKA everywhere but the US, basically...)

JakeP wrote:Hurricane Perfect. :lol: That should've been the name of the song, so apt. :P Ohh i've not been checking the american charts for a few weeks so just assumed Havana was #1 there too. :o LOL well, if that ain't karma i don't know what is. :lol:
Yeah, it really looked like "Havana" had a shot for a while, but the "Rockstar" video dropped just in time to keep it blocked. "Havana" actually fell to No. 3 (and "Rockstar" to No. 2, behind "Perfect") on the latest Hot 100, so it seems "Havana" would've still been denied even without "Perfect" leapfrogging them both...

JakeP wrote:In all honesty i've gone off all three songs throughout this week. Is your love enough? should get a second week in my top 20 but the other two are pretty much guaranteed to drop out of my new chart. :( It's a far cry from when Touch, Oops and Your love were hogging my top 5 this time last year. :lol:
RIP Platinum Edition :cry: I hear you, though. I think these new offerings have at least some appeal, but there's definitely several tracks on the original that still do more for me.

JakeP wrote:To be honest, Perfect may even exit my chart tomorrow. It's just not a song i really adore, even though its got that cuddly sentiment i've struggled to really take to this song. It's done remarkably well to make my top 20 in the first place. A cute music video can only take an ok song so far for me. :oops:
If only he'd done a version with Niall instead of Andrea...

JakeP wrote:01 (01) Marina Kaye - Something [6 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
02 (03) Rita Ora - Anywhere [7 wks] [#1] (5 wks @ #1)
04 (NE) Dua Lipa - Homesick [1 wk] [#4]
06 (08) P!nk - Beautiful trauma [5 wks] [#6]
07 (NE) Bebe Rexha featuring Florida Georgia Line - Meant to be [1 wk] [#7]
10 (05) Niall Horan - Flicker [7 wks] [#2]
11 (07) Niall Horan & Maren Morris - Seeing blind [7 wks] [#2]
14 (04) Little Mix - Is your love enough? [2 wks] [#4]
18 (11) Taylor Swift - New year’s day [4 wks] [#3]
20 (13) Lindsey Stirling featuring Becky G - Christmas c’mon [3 wks] [#13]
• Does "Something" have the right something to help it hang on until it's your Xmas No. 1 of 2017? It looks like Rita's on the rebound, though...
• Since most of Dua Lipa was brand-new to me when I checked out the album last week, "Homesick" did get drowned out a bit by some of the album's more instant, infectious offerings. It's a lovely song, though, and definitely has that wintry feel to it too. It sounds like those songs that got big December boosts due to usage in some UK adverts (Charlene Soraia's "Wherever You Will Go", Lily Allen's "Somewhere Only We Know", Ellie's "Your Song"...granted, those were all covers, but still. Similar seasonal vibes.)
• Lovin' that Top 10 debut for "Meant To Be"! Bebe's genre-hopping diversity is really impressive, from the likes of "No Broken Hearts" to "In The Name Of Love" to this (and everything else in between...)

Yet another chart that makes me feel more than just something, Jake! :D
phoenix98
Legend

Postby MusicRecords » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:05 am

Glad to see Niall in your chart!
Follow me on Instagram

trebor wrote:16. MusicRecords: #Mess #BV #Bish #YSL #STFU #Sis #LOL #$$$ #FrequentFlyerSpammer #I&I&I
MusicRecords
HRH King Nick III

Postby JakeP » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:57 pm

phoenix98 wrote:For sure! Are there any particularly fun festive family traditions you're looking forward to the most?
Oh yes! :P We all get together at my parents house on christmas day. Then on boxing day we are going to my brother's house for dinner and will no doubt end up playing some games or something silly. :lol: Then on new years eve we're going to my sisters for a big party to bring in 2018. Not sure exactly what's happening on new years day, plans are currently very sketchy but i suspect we'll end up at my brother's house again. My sister in law is an amazing cook, and any opportunity she gets to show off her cookery skills, she's in her element. :lol:

phoenix98 wrote:I definitely can't argue with either of those reputation picks! (Well, even though I might slightly prefer "End Game" to "Getaway Car"...but don't tell Akini that!)

I was pretty surprised to see that Ed had recorded ANOTHER high-profile-duet-version of "Perfect." Did his team really think that a version with Beyoncé wouldn't be enough? :lol: I mean, props for picking someone quite unexpected with Mr. Bocelli...but couldn't they have saved him for a different single? It really feels like overkill with "Perfect" now (especially since it was already doing quite well before the Beyoncé version dropped...)

For the sake of avoiding TOTAL over-exposure, I kind of hope his next era isn't any bigger than this one has been :lol: I mean, if his next lead single gets even MORE over-played than "Shape Of You"... :x :x :x
I feel like the longer it lasts, the less interested i am in listening to Taylor's album tracks.

LOL i do feel like Ed Sheeran has cheated his way to #1 in the charts. Perfect was already doing well in the charts but it wasn't able to compete with Camila or Rita on its own. I still suspect Ed realised he could manipulate the chart rules to give his song that extra push to be #1, but he's really milking the whole thing by releasing yet another new version. Perfect could even be #1 in the UK until February. :x

phoenix98 wrote:**Nod** For sure. I want the chart data to be as comprehensive as possible, reflecting the habits of as many consumers as possible...I just don't like what that data's been revealing about people's listening/streaming habits :x :lol: (In terms of both the song choices, and how long it takes them to move onto something new...)

Ah, nice! So we're pretty similar there.
I've been thinking for a good 2 years that the majority of people who use Spotify are what i only describe as passive music consumers. The type of people who will put on one of Spotify's curated playlists and basically listen to music that Spotify wants people to listen to. :evil: I don't like the idea of being told or dictated what i should be listening to. It's just a bit sad that people seem too lazy to use the search function and search for the music they want to hear.

I'm amazed that Post Malone's rockstar is still the #1 global streaming track. :o

phoenix98 wrote:I'm sure you deserve at least some (probably most) of the credit for helping people to see the light when it comes to that track! It's a shame that it looks like it might never take off like "This Town" or "Slow Hands" on official charts (though at least it went Top 20 in Australia!), but the influx of Christmas tunes is probably at least partially to blame for its premature demise. **Fingers crossed** for "Seeing Blind" getting the era back on track next... ;)

Ha, yeah, it seemed like Louis's vocals always got the most criticism back in the 1D days (well, when he was given his own lines at all...)
LOL if only. :P But nonetheless it's been so pleasing to see Too much to ask becoming popular in other charts on UK Mix. <3 I would be delighted if Seeing blind can become some form of a hit single in 2018.

Louis undoubtably is the weakest singer from One Direction. On the one hand, his voice is quite distinctive but one the other hand, his music so far has been very sub par.

phoenix98 wrote:I'd gladly be one of your references! I can totally vouch for your hit-seeking (well, hit-MAKING, really) track record here on UKMIX. "Lost On You", "Call On Me", "Feel It Still", "No Roots", "Finders Keepers"...and that's barely scratching the surface!
LOL i know an amazing song when i hear it. :P :lol: Thinking about it, i have had quite a number of singles going to #1 in my chart before they officially became successful. :wink:

phoenix98 wrote:Ah, that's a great point! Quavo has been attached to quite a few international hits in places where "Bad And Boujee" was never very big at all (AKA everywhere but the US, basically...)
Even then, the success attached to Quavo has been astonishing. At least i liked I'm the one initially even though that song got quite boring quickly, so its not like Quavo hasn't had any success in my chart.

phoenix98 wrote:Yeah, it really looked like "Havana" had a shot for a while, but the "Rockstar" video dropped just in time to keep it blocked. "Havana" actually fell to No. 3 (and "Rockstar" to No. 2, behind "Perfect") on the latest Hot 100, so it seems "Havana" would've still been denied even without "Perfect" leapfrogging them both...
Ahh i remember being surprised that a music video for rockstar had finally been released. I should've guessed that this would help boost the song in the american charts as they include data from YouTube. I have a gut feeling that Havana will turn out to be a fluke success and Camila will struggle to have another successful single from this album campaign, but i could easily be proved wrong. :P

phoenix98 wrote: RIP Platinum Edition :cry: I hear you, though. I think these new offerings have at least some appeal, but there's definitely several tracks on the original that still do more for me.
Ohh they do have some appeal as all three made my top 20. Had none of them made my chart, that would've been disastrous coming from such a Little Mixer. :lol: However, none of them have had plenty of replay value, and that's what i find the biggest shame because i know the girls are capable of delivering solid gold pop.

phoenix98 wrote:If only he'd done a version with Niall instead of Andrea...
LOL Ed has clearly missed a trick right there. :P

phoenix98 wrote:• Does "Something" have the right something to help it hang on until it's your Xmas No. 1 of 2017? It looks like Rita's on the rebound, though...
• Since most of Dua Lipa was brand-new to me when I checked out the album last week, "Homesick" did get drowned out a bit by some of the album's more instant, infectious offerings. It's a lovely song, though, and definitely has that wintry feel to it too. It sounds like those songs that got big December boosts due to usage in some UK adverts (Charlene Soraia's "Wherever You Will Go", Lily Allen's "Somewhere Only We Know", Ellie's "Your Song"...granted, those were all covers, but still. Similar seasonal vibes.)
• Lovin' that Top 10 debut for "Meant To Be"! Bebe's genre-hopping diversity is really impressive, from the likes of "No Broken Hearts" to "In The Name Of Love" to this (and everything else in between...)

Yet another chart that makes me feel more than just something, Jake! :D
My new chart ready to be posted. Won't say anything just yet, all shall be revealed shortly. :wink:

Aww, i already commented on your new chart and was thrilled to see Homesick taking such a big leap up your chart. :D Hmm the problem with some of those other songs you mention is that they're so personality free and incredibly bland. At least Homesick has a gorgeous richness to the song that propels the song far above these watered down female led cover versions purely made for tv commercial purposes.

Aww, i'm really liking Meant to be, its another of those songs i've seen mentioned but hadn't really bothered to properly investigate. All it took was the song going top 10 in Australia and i thought "hmm, let's check this out then" and et voila, Bebe finally gets another hit in my chart. :wink:
JakeP
Manager

Postby JakeP » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:58 pm

MusicRecords wrote:Glad to see Niall in your chart!
Thanks MusicRecords :D

Niall is my blue eyed babe, i love this guy so much. <3 Flicker is a wonderful album.
JakeP
Manager

Postby JakeP » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:11 pm

JakeP Top 20 (16th December 2017)

ImageImageImageImageImage

01 (04) Dua Lipa - Homesick [2 wks] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
02 (03) Sigrid - Strangers [2 wks] [#2]
03 (01) Marina Kaye - Something [7 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
04 (02) Rita Ora - Anywhere [8 wks] [#1] (5 wks @ #1)
05 (NE) Lily Allen featuring Giggs - Trigger bang [1 wk] [#5]
06 (07) Bebe Rexha featuring Florida Georgia Line - Meant to be [2 wks] [#6]
07 (06) P!nk - Beautiful trauma [6 wks] [#6]
08 (05) Ofenbach vs. Nick Waterhouse - Katchi [5 wks] [#2]
09 (08) Jax Jones featuring Ina Wroldsen - Breathe [2 wks] [#8]
10 (09) Martin Garrix & David Guetta featuring Jamie Scott & Romy Dya - So far away [2 wks] [#9]
11 (NE) Charli XCX featuring Tove Lo & Alma - Out of my head [1 wk] [#11]
12 (10) Niall Horan - Flicker [8 wks] [#2]
13 (11) Niall Horan & Maren Morris - Seeing blind [8 wks] [#2]
14 (NE) NF - Let you down [1 wk] [#14]
15 (15) G-Eazy & Halsey - Him & i [2 wks] [#15]
16 (13) Clean Bandit featuring Julia Michaels - I miss you [7 wks] [#6]
17 (16) Nico Santos - Rooftop [2 wks] [#16]
18 (NE) Manic Street Preachers - International blue [1 wk] [#18]
19 (NE) Eminem - Untouchable [1 wk] [#19]
20 (12) Sia - Snowman [6 wks] [#4]

The Hit Seeker

Eminem featuring Ed Sheeran - River
JakeP
Manager

Postby SummerPeur » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:17 pm

Yesssss, Sigrid creeping up 8-).

Gotta say I’m not feeling many of the NE’s at all :(.
Never been a huge fan of Lily. Her temper/attitude is kinda off putting (but I guess that’s her appeal and music type? I dunno haven’t listened to her for a while). I didn’t even enjoy the fear. (Plus she dissed Kylie :lol: ).

Well let you down is not a bad song if I’m being honest....Just doesn’t have much replay value in it at all.

JakeP wrote:JakeP Top 20 (16th December 2017)

Bye gurl, hopefully won’t see you again next Christmas :lol:
Yeah, I Bloom
I, Bloom Just For You
SummerPeur
Superstar

Postby JakeP » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:52 pm

SummerPeur wrote:Yesssss, Sigrid creeping up 8-).

Gotta say I’m not feeling many of the NE’s at all :(.
Never been a huge fan of Lily. Her temper/attitude is kinda off putting (but I guess that’s her appeal and music type? I dunno haven’t listened to her for a while). I didn’t even enjoy the fear. (Plus she dissed Kylie :lol: ).

Well let you down is not a bad song if I’m being honest....Just doesn’t have much replay value in it at all.

JakeP wrote:JakeP Top 20 (16th December 2017)

Bye gurl, hopefully won’t see you again next Christmas :lol:
Thanks SummerPeur :D

I'd love to say it was a close top 2 but in all honesty Dua Lipa was quite comfortably #1 this week. But yes, Sigrid is making steady progress nonetheless. :wink: Strangers would make for a rather quirky christmas #1 next weekend. :P

Aww, i've found Lily to be hit n' miss but i loved the singles from her first two albums. It was Sheezus that somehow lost me and failed to really ignite any excitement from me. I'm not the biggest fan of these UK grime rappers, its just one of those genres that i struggle with because i find the songs lack any musicality and i also don't relate to the nonsense they rap about. :lol: Whereas with Lily, i love her vulnerability that she's expressing on this track. Plus, she brings the chorus which makes the song so much more for me. Aww, i love The fear, even 8 years on it's still a firm favourite of mine.

LOL i think many artists diss others just to generate media attention. They're probably best friends behind closed doors and just play up to the tabloids because those journalists tend to be so dumb they'll believe anything and print garbage because they want it to be true, rather than publishing a story that is genuinely true. :lol:

Let you down could've entered my chart sooner had it not been for that chipmunk vocal effect that slightly ruins my enjoyment of the song. But it finally cracks my chart after bubbling under last week. I suspect this will be its peak though.

You really don't like Sia, do you? :lol: :(
JakeP
Manager

Postby heppolo » Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:26 pm

18 (NE) Manic Street Preachers - International blue [1 wk] [#18]
Interesting to see Manics' in your chart. This is a good song with a clever, catchy hook and JDB's voice is as good as ever
Waffles are checked cookies
heppolo
Legend

Postby JakeP » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:19 pm

heppolo wrote:18 (NE) Manic Street Preachers - International blue [1 wk] [#18]
Interesting to see Manics' in your chart. This is a good song with a clever, catchy hook and JDB's voice is as good as ever
Thanks heppolo :D

We've discussed Manic Street Preachers in my other countdown thread, and they do have a knack for releasing some really great music.

As you know, Your love alone is not enough is such a joyous uplifting rock anthem and had i been doing my own chart in 2007, there's no doubt about it, it would've topped my own chart.

What i like so much about International blue is how much it sounds like their classic 90s hit singles similar to A design for life and Everything must go. Although i was only really getting into the charts at the time, it was a few years later when i backtracked and discovered their earlier music.

I might like pure pop the most but i'm still very open minded to all genres (just as long as there's a melody involved). :wink:
JakeP
Manager

Postby Biebz » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:34 pm

Love Him & I, I hope its a big hit in 2018! Have you heard the album? :D
my reputation's never been worse so you must like me for me
Biebz
Best Damn Member

Postby JakeP » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:06 pm

Biebz wrote:Love Him & I, I hope its a big hit in 2018! Have you heard the album? :D
Thanks Biebz :D

No, i've not heard the whole album yet only the track No limit which wasn't really to my tastes. :oops: Which album tracks do you recommend me checking out the most?
JakeP
Manager

Postby cheapthrills » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:05 am

OMG Lily and Dua in the top five - it's perfection

....until I see you about to drop Snowman at #20 :evil:
It's time for the 2000-2009 Female-Led Singles Countdown!
and my Top 100 Artists countdown!
More? How about a survivor based on a countdown?
cheapthrills
Superstar

Postby SummerPeur » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:13 am

JakeP wrote:You really don't like Sia, do you? :lol: :(
TBH I don't 'mind' her. But anything Sia with Christmas is just awful.... :lol:

She is one of the LEAST festive people ever haha.
Yeah, I Bloom
I, Bloom Just For You
SummerPeur
Superstar

Postby mykka » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:27 pm

Really nice to see someone else support that Bebe Rexha song, I'm really in love with it.

I also like that new Jax Jones song, will chart it soon I guess
mykka
Legend

Postby Thriller » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:50 pm

Sigrid slaying somewhere at least!
Thriller

Postby Mainshow » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:52 pm

After your comment I didn't expect "Homesick" to rule your chart like that! That's awesome! Dua really deserves it!

"River" is so annoying. I hope it won't be big on your chart despite being this week's "The Hit Seeker" :D
#JUSTICE4ALEKSEEV
Mainshow
Legend

Postby JakeP » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:23 pm

cheapthrills wrote:OMG Lily and Dua in the top five - it's perfection

....until I see you about to drop Snowman at #20 :evil:
Thanks cheapthrills :D

LOL was it too good to be true? :lol:

As much as i do love Snowman, i've found myself listening to more other songs in these last few weeks. I'd say Sia has done remarkably well to remain strong inside my top 20, the song could've easily nosedived after two weeks. :P
JakeP
Manager

Postby JakeP » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:26 pm

SummerPeur wrote:TBH I don't 'mind' her. But anything Sia with Christmas is just awful.... :lol:

She is one of the LEAST festive people ever haha.
...but you've got to give Sia credit for trying. :P :wink:

I will admit i checked out a couple of the other album tracks and some of them, for me, were kinda corny. Whereas with Snowman i genuinely think its a lovely song hence why its managed to stay strong in my chart.

Aww. i'm sure Sia isn't a Scrooge. :lol:
JakeP
Manager

Postby JakeP » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:30 pm

mykka wrote:Really nice to see someone else support that Bebe Rexha song, I'm really in love with it.

I also like that new Jax Jones song, will chart it soon I guess
It took me long enough to finally check out Meant to be. :oops: Now i'm making up for lost time, although even then it still couldn't compete with my top 4, and Lily Allen brought out her new single which kept Bebe out of the top 5.

Jax Jones has been on a roll in 2017. I love the fact he's produced real dance music that is upbeat and uplifting. Not following the tropical house craze that's become overexposed this year to the point of boredom. :cry:
JakeP
Manager

Return to Personal Charts