JakeP Top 20

Moderators: JSparksFan, tdc2000, FreakyFlyBry

Postby JakeP » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:33 pm

RayRay wrote:We bought the deluxe edition. Looks really good with beautiful pictures and all the lyrics. :D
Thanks RayRay :D
Actually i bought the album on iTunes so all i have is the album cover. But its all about the music for me so even though i might not have the cd booklet i can still enjoy this album very much.
JakeP
Manager

Postby Tansike » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:09 pm

JakeP wrote:Raining glitter had the advantage of a full week to capitalise on getting my #1 even though The Weeknd was a big challenger for #1 too. I've been loving the country flavoured disco bop that is Raining glitter so much this past week. :P Like i just posted, i bought Golden and have been listening to the album a number of times already and i personally think its such a good album. I expected there to be at least one that didn't do anything for me (as is usually the case :lol: ) but so far each track has appealed to me to some extent which can only be a good thing.

The Weeknd really surprised me when My dear melancholy was released as it seemed to appear out of nowhere. Call out my name got most of my attention instantly hence the instant entry in my chart. The other tracks got more time to shine throughout last week but I was never there isn't a favourite of mine. :( I just find the squeaky synths really irritating. :oops: LOL i'm pretty sure i also thought the same about Gesaffelstein. :P

One kiss achieved what Call out my name managed to achieve a week earlier - 24 hour insta-hit. 8-) Although i notice you mentioned the climb for Pray and that was also an insta-hit...just on a much smaller scale. :wink:

FRIENDS is still amazing, love the song and the music video. Easily one of the biggest most successful hits of the year so far. 8-) Flames got a nice little boost following the release of the music video. YES has done really well but it dropped off quite sharp last week due to me not listening to the song/watching the music video as much.

17/20 is amazing. :D
Wow, this sounds amazing for Kylie’s latest album! I already took a look at your latest chart on saturday so I’m already familiar with her slayage, which probably didn’t come as a surprise since you’ve enjoyed all songs so far :)

True. Finally a surprise release i/we were happy with, I guess! :lol: A shame it’s just an EP though, as I was hoping for a whole album. “Call Out My Name” is also easily my favorite of all songs, and definitely also the most commercial one so I’m not surprised that it got picked as a proper single now.

Ah okay. There are quite a few insta-hits! :P But it shouldn’t be surprising considering you’re doing your charts on a Saturday and most of the tracks are getting released on Thursday/Friday.

YASSS. Glad I’m not the only one who still is in love with “Friends”. I nearly went to see Anne-Marie live a week ago, though my time plan didn’t allow me to in the end. I’m so excited for her upcoming debut album.

JakeP wrote:01 (01) Kylie Minogue - Raining glitter [2 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
03 (16) Kylie Minogue - Dancing [13 wks] [#1] (3 wks @ #1)
04 (NE) Kylie Minogue - Golden [1 wk] [#4]
05 (08) Kylie Minogue - Stop me from falling [6 wks] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
08 (02) The Weeknd - Call out my name [3 wks] [#2]
13 (NE) Kylie Minogue - Rollin’ [1 wk] [#13]
18 (03) Calvin Harris & Dua Lipa - One kiss [2 wks] [#3]
19 (04) George Ezra - Paradise [7 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
20 (06) Janelle Monáe - Make me feel [8 wks] [#1] (3 wks @ #1)
OMG that slayage!! :o :o :o

I can’t really say a lot about most of them. I’ve heard the album around five times so far and I have yet to find some obvious standouts. If I must pick one, it would be the title track “Golden”. The singles (including “Raining Glitter”) and “Rollin’” probably come next. The whole record is really good and definitely makes a better impression than “Kiss Me Once”, but I’m actually one of the few ones here who didn’t get ‘wowed’… it’s an above-average pop record, easy to listen to, but nothing outstanding :oops:

Maybe it just needs some more plays for me to really dive into it & love it as well…

Glad to see The Weeknd being pretty ‘stable’ considering the circumstances. Also nice to see “One Kiss”, “Paradise” and “Make Me Feel” still in the Top20.

I’m already excited to see how Ariana will battle against that Kylie slayage next week :)
Tansike
Legend

Postby phoenix98 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:15 pm

JakeP wrote:Straight? That's the last word i would use to describe my priorities! :lol:
:lol: Fair point (especially since I was talking about ogling Jason). Let me revise that to "keeping priorities in order..." instead. ;)

JakeP wrote:#1 Secret love song
#2 1,2,3
#17 Try me
#19 Want to want me
# Swalla
Ah, so he's never cracked the Top 10 on his own? I guess we don't share the same appreciation of "Want To Want Me"...at all :lol: Which of his earlier/pre-personal-chart singles worked for you?

JakeP wrote: :lol: We don't need a wardrobe department for our video shoot. Just several heaters and a towel to keep Niall warm when we're setting up the next scene. :P
Heaters and a towel, eh? Hmmm...to help us stay on budget, how about you stand-in as his heater, and I'll be his towel? ;)

JakeP wrote:There is a video on YouTube where Charlie Puth talks about the details behind the lyrics of Attention and talks about how he purposely introduced himself as this cute clean cut wholesome american guy to win over the parents, and now he's revealing his true identity. Or something like that. Which is fine by me as long as he can back it all up with amazing songs. It just so happens that i thought Attention was amazing and i also loved How long. Since then, i've been less keen on his most recent releases.
Interesting! Well, I'm glad that he feels more free to express himself creatively now...but it's a bit of a bummer to learn that his softer, more romantic side was mostly an act :x :lol:

JakeP wrote:Sometimes i can get to the middle of the week and still have no clue how my next chart is gonna look, but last week it was quite obvious early on how things were likely to look.
**Nod** I'm right with you there. There's some weeks when I've clearly played a song to death and there's no surprise that it ends up with enough spins to be No. 1, but sometimes I'm genuinely not sure how my chart will look until I check last.fm on Friday morning. That moment of "unveiling" the results to myself is really fun! I like that there can be some suspense/uncertainty even for us as the chart creators.

JakeP wrote:So Paloma didn't make it which doesn't surprise me unfortunately. :( But at least we've got Lullaby which has been holding up impressively for the last few weeks. It does seem strange though. Why is it Lullaby can become a chart hit so effortlessly whilst a really strong cover of Make your own kind of music just completely does nothing on Spotify? :evil:
Yeah :( Though after poor "Guilty" and "Til I'm Done," even No. 59 looks pretty decent for "Make Your Own..." :oops: It's being used in some advert, right? You'd think that would help it manage much better...

JakeP wrote:Golden is such a triumphant return for Kylie. I'm so happy its been so successful in its first week on release and i'd like to think the record company will try and keep the album selling over the coming months with more tv promo for the next single. I've found myself enjoying all the tracks on the album, which at 16 tracks is quite remarkable. All shall be revealed this evening just how much the album has taken over my chart. :P
YES! Having it enter at No. 1 in both the UK AND Australia was really lovely to see (especially when the singles have struggled so hard, though at least "Dancing" is finally a UK Top 40 hit!) <3 <3 <3

02 (NE) Kylie Minogue - Sincerely yours [1 wk] [#2]
06 (NE) Kylie Minogue - Shelby ’68 [1 wk] [#6]
07 (NE) Kylie Minogue - Live a little [1 wk] [#7]
09 (NE) Kylie Minogue & Jack Savoretti - Music’s too sad without you [1 wk] [#9]
10 (NE) Kylie Minogue - Every little part of me [1 wk] [#10]
11 (NE) Kylie Minogue - Radio on [1 wk] [#11]
12 (NE) Kylie Minogue - One last kiss [1 wk] [#12]
14 (NE) Kylie Minogue - A lifetime to repair [1 wk] [#14]
15 (NE) Kylie Minogue - Low blow [1 wk] [#15]
16 (NE) Kylie Minogue - Love [1 wk] [#16]
17 (NE) Kylie Minogue - Lost without you [1 wk] [#17]

The Hit Seeker

Janelle Monáe featuring Grimes - Pynk
:o :cry: :D SHE DID IT!!! So making sure I have this right: Golden becomes the first album since 25 to chart in its entirety? Does it also beat Lust For Life for the largest number of tracks from one album on one chart?
• Based on some comments I've seen (and that poll over in the Golden thread), "Sincerely Yours" seems to be one of the most agreeable album tracks. I can't really hear any traces of country in it, but it's certainly a delicious slice of pop! Definitely one of my favorite choruses across the entire album, especially the "you'll still see me, you'll still hear me, love you dearly, yours sincerely..." part. It's really a treat from start to finish, though. <3
• I'm relieved to see that "Every Little Part Of Me" made your Top 10! You'd mentioned over in my thread how you were sure your favorites were ordered differently, so I worried it might fare much worse here! :lol:
• ...like poor "Love" :oops: but based on that Golden poll, I'm in a (very small) minority for being drawn to this one. It's another chorus that really stuck in my head all week, and there's something about that "love is a day in bed, lyin' in your lover's t-shirt" bit toward the end that really makes me smile.
• The whole album is so charming that pretty much every track falls somewhere on a spectrum from "Like" to "LOVE!" "Music's Too Sad Without You" has been the closest thing to a dud/miss for me, but even that one's biggest "crime" is just being more dull/snooze-inducing than romantic/moving.

Yet another dazzling chart, Jake! :D
phoenix98
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:05 am

YES at the Kylie slayage! Great to see my favourite is your favourite is everyone's favourite. :lol:

"Live a Little" has a truly fantastic chorus. I think it has the potential to usurp "Raining Glitter" as my Golden favourite.

Everyone not named Kylie was clearly irrelevant last week, but good that Janelle hung on by the skin of her teeth.

01 (01) Kylie Minogue - Raining glitter [2 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
09 (NE) Kylie Minogue & Jack Savoretti - Music’s too sad without you [1 wk] [#9]
Franklin’s music profoundly touched and changed the world, because over and over it offered that bridge to salvation, to freedom.
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby JakeP » Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:09 am

Tansike wrote:Wow, this sounds amazing for Kylie’s latest album! I already took a look at your latest chart on saturday so I’m already familiar with her slayage, which probably didn’t come as a surprise since you’ve enjoyed all songs so far :)

True. Finally a surprise release i/we were happy with, I guess! :lol: A shame it’s just an EP though, as I was hoping for a whole album. “Call Out My Name” is also easily my favorite of all songs, and definitely also the most commercial one so I’m not surprised that it got picked as a proper single now.

Ah okay. There are quite a few insta-hits! :P But it shouldn’t be surprising considering you’re doing your charts on a Saturday and most of the tracks are getting released on Thursday/Friday.

YASSS. Glad I’m not the only one who still is in love with “Friends”. I nearly went to see Anne-Marie live a week ago, though my time plan didn’t allow me to in the end. I’m so excited for her upcoming debut album.
I've been so delighted with Golden as the first three songs that got released were all 10/10 moments which i will admit, made me question whether the album would live up expectation. Clearly my expectations are somewhat different to many others on UK Mix but that's the music of music and how it impacts people in different ways. I was worried that Kylie might've ended up doing a Joanne and leave me disappointed but it's just such a wonderful, carefree and uplifting album. <3

The Weeknd definitely surprised many people with his e.p just coming out of nowhere. :lol: I'm happy that Call out my name has been given official single status as it was hands down the highlight off the e.p and the song i was immediately drawn towards from the first listen. Plus the release of the music video helped to boost the track in my chart last week. So even thought Call out my name dropped sharply to #8, it could've been outside the top 10 and given Kylie a truly spectacular achievement of scoring every position inside the top 10.

Aww that's a shame you were unable to see Anne-Marie in concert as i think its safe to say you're a bigger fan of hers than i am. :lol: I love FRIENDS anyways but the music video really boosted the song for me.

Tansike wrote:
OMG that slayage!! :o :o :o

I can’t really say a lot about most of them. I’ve heard the album around five times so far and I have yet to find some obvious standouts. If I must pick one, it would be the title track “Golden”. The singles (including “Raining Glitter”) and “Rollin’” probably come next. The whole record is really good and definitely makes a better impression than “Kiss Me Once”, but I’m actually one of the few ones here who didn’t get ‘wowed’… it’s an above-average pop record, easy to listen to, but nothing outstanding :oops:

Maybe it just needs some more plays for me to really dive into it & love it as well…

Glad to see The Weeknd being pretty ‘stable’ considering the circumstances. Also nice to see “One Kiss”, “Paradise” and “Make Me Feel” still in the Top20.

I’m already excited to see how Ariana will battle against that Kylie slayage next week :)
LOL Kylie stole everyones thunder for pretty much the whole of last week. Kylie single handedly doing an "Ed Sheeran" in my chart although several other artists (Lana Del Rey, Ariana Grande, Britney Spears, Madonna) have had multiple chart entries from a new album in the same chart, but Kylie's achievement is more impressive than even Adele's purely because all 16 tracks made the top 20. Bow down and worship Kylie! :lol:

Everyone is bound to have differing opinions on the album which is fair enough but for me Golden is such a triumphant album. As i posted above, The Weeknd benefitted from the music video getting released. The Kylie domination has eased this week so i'm already sure that Kylie won't occupy 16 spaces inside my top 20 tonight, but i think a good half of the album will remain. Whilst it looks like Stop me from falling will get another boost tonight following the release of the Gente De Zona remix.

Despite their heavy drops last week, One kiss, Paradise and Make me feel are all set to climb back up again tonight. :wink: It will make their chart runs look messy but i suppose its more reflective of how i've listened to the songs each week. :P

Ariana Grande blew me away with her new music video. The song required 3 plays last night before i really got into the song but No more tears to cry is looking set for a 24 hour insta-hit in my new chart...but can Ariana go all the way?
JakeP
Manager

Postby JakeP » Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:58 am

phoenix98 wrote: :lol: Fair point (especially since I was talking about ogling Jason). Let me revise that to "keeping priorities in order..." instead. ;)
I'd just put "keep my priorities gay". :lol:

phoenix98 wrote:Ah, so he's never cracked the Top 10 on his own? I guess we don't share the same appreciation of "Want To Want Me"...at all :lol: Which of his earlier/pre-personal-chart singles worked for you?
No, not since 2013 anyways although i only really like Jason Derulo's early hits the most. I liked Want to want me but i just preferred many other songs that were around at the time. One of my fave songs was Breathing even though it wasn't much of a hit at the time. I just liked the production and that oriental vocal in the background. :lol: I also loved Ridin' solo too. I was never much of a fan of Talk dirty either despite it being one of his biggest hits, it just didn't appeal to me. :oops:

How has Jason Derulo fared on your chart by comparison? Am i right in thinking he holds the record for most #1s based on music video views? :P :lol:

phoenix98 wrote:Heaters and a towel, eh? Hmmm...to help us stay on budget, how about you stand-in as his heater, and I'll be his towel? ;)
LOL i would rather be his towel (and heater) but i shouldn't be too greedy (well, i could) :lol:

phoenix98 wrote:Interesting! Well, I'm glad that he feels more free to express himself creatively now...but it's a bit of a bummer to learn that his softer, more romantic side was mostly an act :x :lol:
He could be joking of course but here's the video.

phoenix98 wrote:**Nod** I'm right with you there. There's some weeks when I've clearly played a song to death and there's no surprise that it ends up with enough spins to be No. 1, but sometimes I'm genuinely not sure how my chart will look until I check last.fm on Friday morning. That moment of "unveiling" the results to myself is really fun! I like that there can be some suspense/uncertainty even for us as the chart creators.
Last week it became apparent from Monday that Kylie was gonna be the dominant force for the entire week. Kylie was pretty much set to have the entire top 10 to herself, but The Weeknd released the music video for Call out my name which gave the song a major boost up my chart and settled at #8 in the end which is actually a very good result considering how much i'd listened to Golden throughout the week, figuring out which tracks i truly loved the most and ordering the songs accordingly. My new chart has been less clear cut since last weekend. Kylie's dominance will still be evident but some of the lower placed album tracks are pretty much set to drop out tonight.

phoenix98 wrote:Yeah :( Though after poor "Guilty" and "Til I'm Done," even No. 59 looks pretty decent for "Make Your Own..." :oops: It's being used in some advert, right? You'd think that would help it manage much better...
Gosh, how unlucky is Paloma? She hit her peak on iTunes last week and still couldn't crack the top 40 yesterday. :evil: As it stands, Make your own kind of music looks likely to reenter the chart after a rather abrupt 10-07 chart run to compensate for the Kylie onslaught. 1, 2, 3 is also heading back into the top 10 after dropping 02-05 then disappearing. :lol: Yes, Paloma's cover is featured in the latest Škoda tv commercial. Sadly Spotify and tv don't compute unlike iTunes and tv. It's as if Spotify is an alien world where people are so antisocial, they haven't a clue what's going on in the real world. Unless Spotify advertises it. :roll: :lol:

phoenix98 wrote:YES! Having it enter at No. 1 in both the UK AND Australia was really lovely to see (especially when the singles have struggled so hard, though at least "Dancing" is finally a UK Top 40 hit!) <3 <3 <3
I kept my faith in the UK music buying public that Kylie would get that #1 album, and Golden really did flourish. BMG have done such an incredible job with all the marketing and promoting of the album. It proves that if the label have confidence in their artists, the music will do the talking and the sales will come in their droves. :D I also love how they're spreading out the campaign in order to help the album to become a steady seller, rather than big first week sales then collapse out of the chart a fortnight later. I really do think Golden could hold up impressively for a few weeks inside the top 10 at least. Kylie has more tv promo coming up this week too.

phoenix98 wrote::o :cry: :D SHE DID IT!!! So making sure I have this right: Golden becomes the first album since 25 to chart in its entirety? Does it also beat Lust For Life for the largest number of tracks from one album on one chart?
• Based on some comments I've seen (and that poll over in the Golden thread), "Sincerely Yours" seems to be one of the most agreeable album tracks. I can't really hear any traces of country in it, but it's certainly a delicious slice of pop! Definitely one of my favorite choruses across the entire album, especially the "you'll still see me, you'll still hear me, love you dearly, yours sincerely..." part. It's really a treat from start to finish, though. <3
• I'm relieved to see that "Every Little Part Of Me" made your Top 10! You'd mentioned over in my thread how you were sure your favorites were ordered differently, so I worried it might fare much worse here! :lol:
• ...like poor "Love" :oops: but based on that Golden poll, I'm in a (very small) minority for being drawn to this one. It's another chorus that really stuck in my head all week, and there's something about that "love is a day in bed, lyin' in your lover's t-shirt" bit toward the end that really makes me smile.
• The whole album is so charming that pretty much every track falls somewhere on a spectrum from "Like" to "LOVE!" "Music's Too Sad Without You" has been the closest thing to a dud/miss for me, but even that one's biggest "crime" is just being more dull/snooze-inducing than romantic/moving.

Yet another dazzling chart, Jake! :D
SHE REALLY DID!!! :cry: Incredible but this is what happens when i genuinely believe any artist (not just Kylie) delivers an amazing album packed with solid gold pop songs. That's correct, Golden joins 25 in becoming the second album to chart in its entirely inside my weekly chart.

Lana Del Rey was quite unlucky in that i bought Lust for life towards the end of the week rather than at the weekend, so the album tracks domination was split over two weeks. In the first week when the album had been release, Lana had 7 entries, then the following week also 7 but that included some track entering whilst others dropped out. Plus, the singles Love and Lust for life has long exited my chart so by time the album rolled around i didn't have the same desire to listen to those songs all week long. The beauty with Kylie is that everything has been delivered within a 3 month period so whilst it might've looked like Dancing was on its way out of my chart, the album gave the song a boost hence returning to the top 3. Because Dancing was such an instant hit for me, it managed to enjoy longevity in my chart. The same applied with Niall Horan's album as it included This town but i had no real desire to listen to that track as much as the rest of the album.

Gosh what a long yet informative comment that turned out to be. :lol:

Sincerely yours is magical and one of the tracks that has little in the way of a country influence. Maybe this is why the track resonated with me, because it stands out so much but is also such a gorgeous track. The chorus does indeed light up the track. <3

Every little part of me sounds more like old skool Kylie circa 2000 even though its clearly based around the same song structure as Dancing. Don't let its #10 peak fool you though. I love the song but it had to compete with 8 other tracks that i was also loving all week.

I noticed Love as being one of the better performing songs in your chart. It's such a cute song but by comparison, it didn't have that same enduring quality that some of the other tracks have had on me. It's still a great track, but not quite up there with my absolute highlights.

Music's too sad without you is beautiful imo, and one of the tracks i found more endearing to listen to.
JakeP
Manager

Postby JakeP » Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:04 am

JSparksFan wrote:YES at the Kylie slayage! Great to see my favourite is your favourite is everyone's favourite. :lol:

"Live a Little" has a truly fantastic chorus. I think it has the potential to usurp "Raining Glitter" as my Golden favourite.

Everyone not named Kylie was clearly irrelevant last week, but good that Janelle hung on by the skin of her teeth.

01 (01) Kylie Minogue - Raining glitter [2 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
Raining glitter is fabulous. I was so delighted the first time i listened to this as it made me think back to the Fever era. Who doesn't love a feel good disco bop? :lol: :P

Live a little is another excellent track, easily amongst my big highlights. That chorus has such a classic Kylie sound to it.

LOL well The Weeknd certainly ended up being a bit more relevant by the end of the week after checking out his music video for Call out my name, but as i just posted in reply to Tansike the songs taking a heavy drop are all likely to climb up again, possibly even The Weeknd.

Thanks for all your comments guys. <3 :D
JakeP
Manager

Postby JakeP » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:42 pm

JakeP Top 20 (21st April 2018)

ImageImageImageImageImage

01 (NE) Ariana Grande - No tears left to cry [1 wk] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
02 (05) Kylie Minogue featuring Gente De Zona - Stop me from falling [7 wks] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
03 (01) Kylie Minogue - Raining glitter [3 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
04 (02) Kylie Minogue - Sincerely yours [2 wks] [#2]
05 (18) Calvin Harris & Dua Lipa - One kiss [3 wks] [#3]
06 (08) The Weeknd - Call out my name [4 wks] [#2]
07 (NE) Janelle Monáe featuring Grimes - Pynk [1 wk] [#7]
08 (19) George Ezra - Paradise [8 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
09 (RE) Paloma Faith - Make your own kind of music [3 wks] [#7]
10 (NE) Florence + The Machine - Sky full of song [1 wk] [#10]
11 (RE) Sofia Reyes featuring Jason Derulo & De La Ghetto - 1,2,3 [3 wks] [#2]
12 (20) Janelle Monáe - Make me feel [9 wks] [#1] (3 wks @ #1)
13 (07) Kylie Minogue - Live a little [2 wks] [#7]
14 (NE) Carrie Underwood - Cry pretty [1 wk] [#14]
15 (03) Kylie Minogue - Dancing [14 wks] [#1] (3 wks @ #1)
16 (04) Kylie Minogue - Golden [2 wks] [#4]
17 (NE) Drake - Nice for what [1 wk] [#17]
18 (06) Kylie Minogue - Shelby ’68 [2 wks] [#6]
19 (NE) Zayn - Let me [1 wk] [#19]
20 (09) Kylie Minogue & Jack Savoretti - Music’s too sad without you [2 wks] [#9]

The Hit Seeker

Sofi Tukker - Baby i’m a queen
JakeP
Manager

Postby heppolo » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:03 pm

Nice one, maybe not as instant as some of the radio earworms but still it has a certain charm and chic.
Waffles are checked cookies
heppolo
Legend

Postby SummerPeur » Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:30 am

I'm unsure how I feel about this one TBH yet. I've listened to it only twice now, and both times I felt a bit iffy about it. Something just isn't clicking with me, and the music video was just 'eh'. That part where she is picking her faces, I mean girl cmon, thats been done a thousand times already.

02 (05) Kylie Minogue featuring Gente De Zona - Stop me from falling [7 wks] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
Fantastic to see the triple threat still standing strong at the top end of your chart Jake! :D. Sincerely yours is becoming a close favorite of mine from the album as well.

Ah Florence and the Machine - an artist that is VERY hit and miss with me. I think she has a very beautiful voice, however much like Ariana's new song, this song has yet to make me feel like I want to add it to one of my common playlists.

Another Kylie triple threat 8-). It's so amazing to see 'Dancing; hit 14 weeks on your chart! I expect big things for it on the year end countdown!!! (Even if that is miles away :lol: )
SummerPeur wrote:Time stops for the Kween everytime WBT is performed.
Goldmoney wrote:So does her microphone
SummerPeur
Legend

Postby JakeP » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:46 pm

heppolo wrote:07 (NE) Janelle Monáe featuring Grimes - Pynk [1 wk] [#7]
Nice one, maybe not as instant as some of the radio earworms but still it has a certain charm and chic.
Thanks heppolo :D

Pynk is a great track, another song with blissful production that enhances the song. It's still not up to the same level as Make me feel but considering how strong i regard that track, i'd be very impressed if Janelle has another song on the album that's better.
JakeP
Manager

Postby JakeP » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:52 pm

SummerPeur wrote:
I'm unsure how I feel about this one TBH yet. I've listened to it only twice now, and both times I felt a bit iffy about it. Something just isn't clicking with me, and the music video was just 'eh'. That part where she is picking her faces, I mean girl cmon, thats been done a thousand times already.
Thanks SummerPeur :D

Well i just read your comment in the pop forum so it appears you have succumbed to the songs charm. :P It required 3 plays for the song to click, but the first play left me captivated and wanting to listen again. Ariana has easily delivered such a solid track and it's got me interested in seeing how this era pans out. :D

SummerPeur wrote:
Fantastic to see the triple threat still standing strong at the top end of your chart Jake! :D. Sincerely yours is becoming a close favorite of mine from the album as well.
Triple threat? :P It isn't as effective as a Kylie top 5. Now that's a threat. :P 8-) I'm still loving Golden though, such an amazing album. <3

SummerPeur wrote:
Ah Florence and the Machine - an artist that is VERY hit and miss with me. I think she has a very beautiful voice, however much like Ariana's new song, this song has yet to make me feel like I want to add it to one of my common playlists.
Aww i love Florence Welch, but whilst i do find Sky full of song endearing, it's not quite up there with some of their previous tracks that have peaked higher in my chart. I'm still interested in hearing what else Florence has to offer this time. :wink:

SummerPeur wrote:
Another Kylie triple threat 8-). It's so amazing to see 'Dancing; hit 14 weeks on your chart! I expect big things for it on the year end countdown!!! (Even if that is miles away :lol: )
Dancing is incredible unashamed pure pop, it's the type of music i crave for. :D It's too early to say what my #1 of 2018 will be but its at this stage it's clear that Kylie has had the most successful single of the year to date in my chart.
JakeP
Manager

Postby Tansike » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:47 am

Love your new avatar! :lol: :cool:

JakeP wrote:I've been so delighted with Golden as the first three songs that got released were all 10/10 moments which i will admit, made me question whether the album would live up expectation. Clearly my expectations are somewhat different to many others on UK Mix but that's the music of music and how it impacts people in different ways. I was worried that Kylie might've ended up doing a Joanne and leave me disappointed but it's just such a wonderful, carefree and uplifting album. <3

Aww that's a shame you were unable to see Anne-Marie in concert as i think its safe to say you're a bigger fan of hers than i am. :lol: I love FRIENDS anyways but the music video really boosted the song for me.
Glad to hear “Golden” made such a big and good impression on you and that it’s still going on strong. Interesting that you’re mentioning “Joanne”, they both really went a similar direction (at least they wanted to do so – in the end both works are quite different) and personally I would obviously prefer Gaga’s record – but as you say, it’s good how music makes different impacts on everyone.

Well, my main problem was that I only found out about the concert like three days before it happened, and I found no one to join me sadly, so I preferred hanging out with my partner instead of going solo on the concert. And yes, I’m loving her at the moment and am so excited for “Speak Your Mind” :D

JakeP wrote:01 (NE) Ariana Grande - No tears left to cry [1 wk] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)

The Hit Seeker
Sofi Tukker - Baby i’m a queen
Fantastic, brilliant, amazing number one!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:
The release of “No Tears Left To Cry” was such a huge event for me last Friday. There wasn’t such a ‘release hype’ in a very long time and I’m so glad Ariana didn’t disappoint with the song. The intro is stunning… had to get used to the verses at first but I’m really loving them now as well, and the chorus is just amazing. Definitely the best single of the year so far and I really, really hope this will be a big hit for her, and not just a one-week-thing like “Focus” was. Also kudos to her for not doing what everyone is doing at the moment and for creating such a strong video too.
Maybe it's still early but i think she just created a "Symphony"-moment (falling in love with a song right from the start and the song ends up as a huge personal hit).

Haven’t heard Janelle’s song yet but I’ll check out “Dirty Computer” this Friday, so I’m low-key excited due to the Grimes feature and I loved their work together on “Venus Fly”.

Florence’ new song is quite good. As you probably still remember, I’m not the biggest fan of hers (or better said I never really took the time to get really into her so far), but “Sky Full Of Song” makes me interested in the album. If I remember correctly, she used to be quite big on your charts, right? So the #10 debut seems like a little underperformance, no?

Love that debut for “Cry Pretty”. I guess Carrie didn’t have many hits on your charts so far – or am I wrong? “Cry Pretty” is far from being her best single but this kinda only shows how good her discography is. It’s still pretty solid and I’m looking forward to her album.

Drake is… Drake! Nothing new there but one can listen to it. To be honest I’m afraid of the release of “Scorpion”, his upcoming album. The charts will look worse than when Ed released “Divide” :roll:
Zayn is… Drake, too! :lol: No, seriously, I think “Let Me” goes into the same category as it’s okay to listen to but nothing new and also pretty boring musically, at least to me :oops:

Last but not least, LOVE that Hit Seeker! Sofi Tukker just released their debut album “Treehouse” around a week ago and I’m really enjoying it :cool:

(btw I’m not quoting Kylie because I already ‘commented’ on her and not because I don’t like her anymore! :oops: )
Tansike
Legend

Postby phoenix98 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:00 pm

JakeP wrote:I'd just put "keep my priorities gay". :lol:
:lol: "Keeping my priorities straight as a rainbow."

JakeP wrote:No, not since 2013 anyways although i only really like Jason Derulo's early hits the most. I liked Want to want me but i just preferred many other songs that were around at the time. One of my fave songs was Breathing even though it wasn't much of a hit at the time. I just liked the production and that oriental vocal in the background. :lol: I also loved Ridin' solo too. I was never much of a fan of Talk dirty either despite it being one of his biggest hits, it just didn't appeal to me. :oops:

How has Jason Derulo fared on your chart by comparison? Am i right in thinking he holds the record for most #1s based on music video views? :P :lol:
"Breathing" is a pretty fantastic pick! That video is a perfect example of what I was talking about earlier too... :oops: :D

Ha, it'd be nice if last.fm could count my YouTube views! Granted, it's rare that I'll watch a video more than once or twice, but there's probably been at least a few cases over the years where counting views as plays would've made a difference. Usually liking a video means I'll start playing the song itself more, so the video effect gets reflected in my chart that way. Some of Jason's biggest Paulboard hits (as the lead) have been:

"Want To Want Me" = No. 1 peak | 10 weeks total
"It Girl" = No. 1 | 6 wks
"Marry Me" = No. 1 | 6 wks
"Whatcha Say" = No. 3 | 3 wks
"Trumpets" = No. 4 | 13 wks
"Talk Dirty" = No. 6 | 9 wks
"The Sky's The Limit" = No. 6 | 5 wks
"Wiggle" = No. 6 | 5 wks

Thanks for asking! :D

JakeP wrote:LOL i would rather be his towel (and heater) but i shouldn't be too greedy (well, i could) :lol:
Aw, I just got hired, and I've already been replaced :cry: Maybe there's enough of him that it'll take all four of our (slow) hands to keep every inch of him warm...? ;)

JakeP wrote:He could be joking of course but here's the video.
Many thanks for posting that! There's some interesting stuff there. I can't say I totally love how he comes across (like the "girls are just crazy" stuff), but it's wild when he just casually transitions from talking into singing and it sounds EXACTLY like it does on the studio version :o That voice. <3

JakeP wrote:Gosh, how unlucky is Paloma? She hit her peak on iTunes last week and still couldn't crack the top 40 yesterday. :evil: As it stands, Make your own kind of music looks likely to reenter the chart after a rather abrupt 10-07 chart run to compensate for the Kylie onslaught. 1, 2, 3 is also heading back into the top 10 after dropping 02-05 then disappearing. :lol: Yes, Paloma's cover is featured in the latest Škoda tv commercial. Sadly Spotify and tv don't compute unlike iTunes and tv. It's as if Spotify is an alien world where people are so antisocial, they haven't a clue what's going on in the real world. Unless Spotify advertises it. :roll: :lol:
I didn't realize just how well "Make Your Own..." is doing on UK iTunes (currently No. 11) :o It and "Lullaby" are so close on iTunes, yet worlds apart on the official chart **Sigh** It's crazy how two catchy, upbeat tracks with the same vocalist can perform SO drastically differently on streaming! Any rate - I'm excited to see its second wind here on Jakeboard! :D

JakeP wrote:I kept my faith in the UK music buying public that Kylie would get that #1 album, and Golden really did flourish. BMG have done such an incredible job with all the marketing and promoting of the album. It proves that if the label have confidence in their artists, the music will do the talking and the sales will come in their droves. :D I also love how they're spreading out the campaign in order to help the album to become a steady seller, rather than big first week sales then collapse out of the chart a fortnight later. I really do think Golden could hold up impressively for a few weeks inside the top 10 at least. Kylie has more tv promo coming up this week too.
It also seems like they've done a really great job offering a wide variety of editions/formats to buy the album, between different deluxe versions (bundled with t-shirts and such), vinyl, and even cassette :lol: Not gonna lie, the idea of bothering with issuing a cassette edition in 2018 seems daft, but it clearly paid off! Some fans really love scooping up every possible version of every album, and it makes for a win-win situation, since those fans get to increase their cherished collections and she gets to enjoy the extra sales.

JakeP wrote:Lana Del Rey was quite unlucky in that i bought Lust for life towards the end of the week rather than at the weekend, so the album tracks domination was split over two weeks. In the first week when the album had been release, Lana had 7 entries, then the following week also 7 but that included some track entering whilst others dropped out. Plus, the singles Love and Lust for life has long exited my chart so by time the album rolled around i didn't have the same desire to listen to those songs all week long. The beauty with Kylie is that everything has been delivered within a 3 month period so whilst it might've looked like Dancing was on its way out of my chart, the album gave the song a boost hence returning to the top 3. Because Dancing was such an instant hit for me, it managed to enjoy longevity in my chart. The same applied with Niall Horan's album as it included This town but i had no real desire to listen to that track as much as the rest of the album.
Ah, so did all 16 Lust For Life tracks chart eventually (just not in the exact same week)? Since Kylie placed all 16 Golden tracks in one chart, did that make her the artist to dominate the largest chunk of one chart ever?

JakeP wrote:Every little part of me sounds more like old skool Kylie circa 2000 even though its clearly based around the same song structure as Dancing. Don't let its #10 peak fool you though. I love the song but it had to compete with 8 other tracks that i was also loving all week.
**Nod** For sure - in such a competitive week (with so much high-quality stuff entering all at once), a normally so-so peak is actually quite the achievement!

JakeP wrote:Music's too sad without you is beautiful imo, and one of the tracks i found more endearing to listen to.
To its credit, I can definitely appreciate the story that it's telling (the very relatable pain of hearing songs strongly associated with a past relationship, especially one that left you heartbroken). :cry:

JakeP wrote:01 (NE) Ariana Grande - No tears left to cry [1 wk] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
05 (18) Calvin Harris & Dua Lipa - One kiss [3 wks] [#3]
06 (08) The Weeknd - Call out my name [4 wks] [#2]
08 (19) George Ezra - Paradise [8 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
09 (RE) Paloma Faith - Make your own kind of music [3 wks] [#7]
11 (RE) Sofia Reyes featuring Jason Derulo & De La Ghetto - 1,2,3 [3 wks] [#2]
12 (20) Janelle Monáe - Make me feel [9 wks] [#1] (3 wks @ #1)
18 (06) Kylie Minogue - Shelby ’68 [2 wks] [#6]
20 (09) Kylie Minogue & Jack Savoretti - Music’s too sad without you [2 wks] [#9]
• If anybody had to end Kylie's reign, I'm really glad to see that it's Ari <3 I wasn't too sure about "No Tears..." after just one listen, but that "I'm pickin' it up" part sticks in your head pretty quickly, and I love the video! Reminds me of those CGI-heavy, futuristic-looking videos from the late-90's/early-00's (like "Spice Up Your Life," "Larger Than Life," "Can't Get You Out Of My Head," etc.)
• Since Gente De Zona have been added to "Stop Me From Falling," are you liking the new version as much as (or even more than) the original? Or are they mentioned because the release of that version (and that awesome video) are the main reasons for the song's sweet rebound?
• "One Kiss" has turned out to be quite the beast on the official UK chart :o I'm still not completely hooked on the track, but it's definitely my favorite UK No. 1 in months! :lol:
• Lovin' that "Pynk" lined up lucky No. 7's on both of our latest charts!
• Impressive Top 10 re-entry for Paloma! Could this second wind carry her all the way to a new peak...?

Yet another chart that brings me to (happy) tears, Jake! :D
phoenix98
Legend

Postby JakeP » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:58 am

Tansike wrote:Love your new avatar! :lol: :cool:
Thanks Tansike :D

Well, we clearly have the most fabulous taste. We can be the new Guru & Loveguru :lol:

Tansike wrote:Glad to hear “Golden” made such a big and good impression on you and that it’s still going on strong. Interesting that you’re mentioning “Joanne”, they both really went a similar direction (at least they wanted to do so – in the end both works are quite different) and personally I would obviously prefer Gaga’s record – but as you say, it’s good how music makes different impacts on everyone.

Well, my main problem was that I only found out about the concert like three days before it happened, and I found no one to join me sadly, so I preferred hanging out with my partner instead of going solo on the concert. And yes, I’m loving her at the moment and am so excited for “Speak Your Mind” :D
Still love Golden, got it playing right now whilst i'm writing this. :P Ahh i mentioned Joanne because that was the first pop album i could think of that had country influences. Then there was Miley Cyrus last year but i didn't have the same desire to check out Younger now despite liking the singles. :oops:

However, with Kylie i truly am loving every song on the album and there's always the possibility that one of my lesser faves initially could go on to become one of my favourites over time. It's still an incredible achievement to have all 16 tracks making my chart at once. I suppose it helps that the singles were also in my chart at the same time too.

Aww, i understand what you mean about short notice for the Anne-Marie concert. LOL i love that you chose your boyfriend over going to a concert with a random friend. Loyalty <3 :wink: I'm actually gobsmacked that 2002 has taken off so fast in the UK. When i first listened to the song i found it a bit corny especially the "hit me baby one more time" which is an iconic lyric that will forever be associated with Britney Spesrs, not Anne-Marie. I think i was more disappointed because there's just no thought process behind the lyrics. Name checking all song titles seems quite lazy to me. :oops: But that said, the song might grow on me but right now i'm still unconvinced. :(

Tansike wrote:Fantastic, brilliant, amazing number one!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:
The release of “No Tears Left To Cry” was such a huge event for me last Friday. There wasn’t such a ‘release hype’ in a very long time and I’m so glad Ariana didn’t disappoint with the song. The intro is stunning… had to get used to the verses at first but I’m really loving them now as well, and the chorus is just amazing. Definitely the best single of the year so far and I really, really hope this will be a big hit for her, and not just a one-week-thing like “Focus” was. Also kudos to her for not doing what everyone is doing at the moment and for creating such a strong video too.
Maybe it's still early but i think she just created a "Symphony"-moment (falling in love with a song right from the start and the song ends up as a huge personal hit).
Ariana Grande has delivered an absolute anthem with No more tears to cry. When i know an artist i love is releasing new music i hope more than anything that i won't be left disappointed. Thankfully Ariana brought a gem and i especially love that it sounds different to what else is out right now, it makes it stand out in a good way. Then there's the music video which is incredible. To think a lot of pop acts weren't bothering to make music videos until the song had become a hit, it's amazing that we got the video for No more tears to cry from the start.

I never did regard Focus highly because to me it was a blatant attempt at recreating Problem which suggested that Ariana's team didn't have any fresh new ideas to propel her career further. It doesn't surprise me that it got sidelined as a buzz single and never made the cut for Dangerous album, but i'm happy that they finally got some amazing songs to included on the album.

Indeed its only week one for the single, but i think it could easily be amongst my absolute favourites at the end of the year. It all depends on what else is released for the rest of 2018 but so far i really do think 2018 has got off to a strong start for solid gold pop hits. :D

Tansike wrote:Haven’t heard Janelle’s song yet but I’ll check out “Dirty Computer” this Friday, so I’m low-key excited due to the Grimes feature and I loved their work together on “Venus Fly”.
I'm intrigued by Janelle's album and will hopefully find some time over the weekend to have a listen as i noticed the tracks are on YouTube. That said, i doubt Dirty computer will do a Golden.

Tansike wrote:Florence’ new song is quite good. As you probably still remember, I’m not the biggest fan of hers (or better said I never really took the time to get really into her so far), but “Sky Full Of Song” makes me interested in the album. If I remember correctly, she used to be quite big on your charts, right? So the #10 debut seems like a little underperformance, no?
Yes i know you've mentioned in the past that you're not as big a fan of Florence as i am. I do like Sky full of song but its been overshadowed somewhat by other songs. I suppose in that respect it is a slight underperformance compared to previous buzz singles that have peaked higher.

Tansike wrote:Love that debut for “Cry Pretty”. I guess Carrie didn’t have many hits on your charts so far – or am I wrong? “Cry Pretty” is far from being her best single but this kinda only shows how good her discography is. It’s still pretty solid and I’m looking forward to her album.
Carrie has only had a handful of entries in my chart over the last few years. Her biggest hit so far in my chart came earlier in the year when she released The champion. I think it impacted more purely because it was so different to what i expected but it was such an anthem. :D

Tansike wrote:Drake is… Drake! Nothing new there but one can listen to it. To be honest I’m afraid of the release of “Scorpion”, his upcoming album. The charts will look worse than when Ed released “Divide” :roll:
Zayn is… Drake, too! :lol: No, seriously, I think “Let Me” goes into the same category as it’s okay to listen to but nothing new and also pretty boring musically, at least to me :oops:
LOL well yes, Drake is one of a kind. :lol: It still baffles me just how popular he's become on Spotify but it mystifies me how a song as unremarkable as God's plan (despite the amazing music video) can dominate charts all over the world. :o Nice for what is the better song imo but even then Drake was never going to get anywhere #1 in my chart.

Tansike wrote:Last but not least, LOVE that Hit Seeker! Sofi Tukker just released their debut album “Treehouse” around a week ago and I’m really enjoying it :cool:
I have MTV dance to thank for this. I was flicking through the music channels and this video came on. It was the first time i'd seen it but i really enjoyed the video. I've since been watching the video a few times on YouTube so its set to enter my chart tonight, but i doubt it'll be high up the chart.

Tansike wrote:(btw I’m not quoting Kylie because I already ‘commented’ on her and not because I don’t like her anymore! :oops: )
LOL :lol: I know what you mean, i also try to avoid repeating myself when i post comments. :P
JakeP
Manager

Postby JakeP » Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:15 am

phoenix98 wrote: :lol: "Keeping my priorities straight as a rainbow."
Loves it. :lol: :wink:

phoenix98 wrote:"Breathing" is a pretty fantastic pick! That video is a perfect example of what I was talking about earlier too... :oops: :D

Ha, it'd be nice if last.fm could count my YouTube views! Granted, it's rare that I'll watch a video more than once or twice, but there's probably been at least a few cases over the years where counting views as plays would've made a difference. Usually liking a video means I'll start playing the song itself more, so the video effect gets reflected in my chart that way. Some of Jason's biggest Paulboard hits (as the lead) have been:

"Want To Want Me" = No. 1 peak | 10 weeks total
"It Girl" = No. 1 | 6 wks
"Marry Me" = No. 1 | 6 wks
"Whatcha Say" = No. 3 | 3 wks
"Trumpets" = No. 4 | 13 wks
"Talk Dirty" = No. 6 | 9 wks
"The Sky's The Limit" = No. 6 | 5 wks
"Wiggle" = No. 6 | 5 wks

Thanks for asking! :D
LOL i always say if you got it, flaunt it, :P :wink: Jason Derulo sure knows how to flaunt it. 8-) I forgot to mention Whatcha say. I never realised the chorus was sampled from another song at the time, but then i discovered Hide and seek by Imogrn Heap a few months after and i was like "ohhh i know this bit". :lol: :oops:

Wow so you really loved Want to want me. :o :P Music videos have always had an impact on my chart, but i have to love the song if the boost is going to be significant otherwise a music video effect just pushes a song into the lower top 20 area. Or if the music video is rather dull then it has no impact (Whatever you want[/i by P!nk for example].

phoenix98 wrote:Aw, I just got hired, and I've already been replaced :cry: Maybe there's enough of him that it'll take all four of our (slow) hands to keep every inch of him warm...? ;)
Ok, we can swap roles so we can both be his heater and towel. Gotta share the love. :P Ohh absolutely! :lol: How "slow" can you go? :wink:

phoenix98 wrote:Many thanks for posting that! There's some interesting stuff there. I can't say I totally love how he comes across (like the [i]"girls are just crazy" stuff), but it's wild when he just casually transitions from talking into singing and it sounds EXACTLY like it does on the studio version :o That voice. <3
Charlie is undoubtably one gifted musician and singer and he's often said how he has perfect hearing. It fascinates me how someone can have perfect pitch in their ears when they sing. I do wonder if he's just trying to be edgy for the sake of it because i always see Charlie as this unassuming slightly nerdy pop singer and that's what i adore about him.

phoenix98 wrote:I didn't realize just how well "Make Your Own..." is doing on UK iTunes (currently No. 11) :o It and "Lullaby" are so close on iTunes, yet worlds apart on the official chart **Sigh** It's crazy how two catchy, upbeat tracks with the same vocalist can perform SO drastically differently on streaming! Any rate - I'm excited to see its second wind here on Jakeboard! :D
It really is baffling. :lol: Make your own kind of music was at #6 at one point last week and i thought that might've been enough to sneak into the top 40 but alas it wasn't. :roll: Lullaby however is doing incredibly well. Each week when i think the song has peaked, it defies the odds and manages to climb to a new peak. I think the name Sigala is selling the song on Spotify which says everything about the type of people who use Spotify daily to listen to music.

phoenix98 wrote:It also seems like they've done a really great job offering a wide variety of editions/formats to buy the album, between different deluxe versions (bundled with t-shirts and such), vinyl, and even cassette :lol: Not gonna lie, the idea of bothering with issuing a cassette edition in 2018 seems daft, but it clearly paid off! Some fans really love scooping up every possible version of every album, and it makes for a win-win situation, since those fans get to increase their cherished collections and she gets to enjoy the extra sales.
They really have, i'm so happy with how everything has played out so far. Well, cassettes is like an alien concept to me because i've only ever had cd's then it became downloads on iTunes. That said, these are bound to become collector's items so people might buy the cassette even though they can't actually play it. :lol: Kylie fans are so devoted, it must be incredible to have a fanbase as loyal as Kylie's. It's funny to think i discovered who Kylie was when Spinning around was #1 and i had no knowledge of who Kylie was before then, unbeknown to me that Kylie had been going for 20+ years by that point.

phoenix98 wrote:Ah, so did all 16 Lust For Life tracks chart eventually (just not in the exact same week)? Since Kylie placed all 16 Golden tracks in one chart, did that make her the artist to dominate the largest chunk of one chart ever?
No, a couple of tracks from Lust for life were unlucky to miss the cut. I had my early highlights off the album and they became my go to songs hence why 13 beaches did incredibly well from the start.

Kylie easily holds the record now for most number of appearances inside the top 20. I'm sure Adele held the previous record with all 11 tracks off 25. Having done a search through my chart history, Britney Spears got 10 entries from Glory. Little Mix and Ariana Grande both got 9 entries from Glory days and Dangerous woman. Niall Horan and Coldplay got 7 entries from Flicker and A head full of dreams so they equal Lana Del Rey's 7 entries from Lust for life album. I think that covers the albums that have had the biggest impact on my chart.

phoenix98 wrote:**Nod** For sure - in such a competitive week (with so much high-quality stuff entering all at once), a normally so-so peak is actually quite the achievement!
Sadly this is usually when i feel like i'm struggling with my own chart. I see a song further down the top 10 and think "aww it deserves a higher peak" but then i look at what's above said track and i think "but i really love these songs too". This is why i set my own rules and don't allow anything and everything into my chart otherwise i'd never get a chart finished. :lol:

phoenix98 wrote:To its credit, I can definitely appreciate the story that it's telling (the very relatable pain of hearing songs strongly associated with a past relationship, especially one that left you heartbroken). :cry:
I posted in the pop forum about how i love the whole of Golden because underneath all the "country" at the heart of each track there is a really well written song. That's what has drawn me so much into this album. There are subject matters that we can all relate to. Whilst its not the first, not will be the last album to have songs about love, heartbreak etc i will always hold Kylie's latest album in high regard.

phoenix98 wrote:• If anybody had to end Kylie's reign, I'm really glad to see that it's Ari <3 I wasn't too sure about "No Tears..." after just one listen, but that "I'm pickin' it up" part sticks in your head pretty quickly, and I love the video! Reminds me of those CGI-heavy, futuristic-looking videos from the late-90's/early-00's (like "Spice Up Your Life," "Larger Than Life," "Can't Get You Out Of My Head," etc.)
• Since Gente De Zona have been added to "Stop Me From Falling," are you liking the new version as much as (or even more than) the original? Or are they mentioned because the release of that version (and that awesome video) are the main reasons for the song's sweet rebound?
• "One Kiss" has turned out to be quite the beast on the official UK chart :o I'm still not completely hooked on the track, but it's definitely my favorite UK No. 1 in months! :lol:
• Lovin' that "Pynk" lined up lucky No. 7's on both of our latest charts!
• Impressive Top 10 re-entry for Paloma! Could this second wind carry her all the way to a new peak...?

Yet another chart that brings me to (happy) tears, Jake! :D
I was anticipating hearing the new single from Ariana but really didn't want another Perfect illusion or Ain't my fault moment leaving utterly disappointed and lukewarm reception at best. No tears left to cry is truly amazing and the music video is epic. <3 It admittedly took 3 plays but i knew on first listen that i was liking the sound of the song. By the third play it all clicked into place and now i can't stop listening at the moment, :lol: I love those music videos that are really captivating. That's what music videos should do imo, if they're boring to watch then they haven't achieved what they set out to (like the video for In my blood by Shawn Mendes which on first viewing, i had to jump half way into the video to find the *good bit* which ultimately never came - talk about an anti climax there :lol: :oops: )

I've tagged Gente De Zona onto Stop me from falling as that's partly the reason for the boost, but also i don't like the idea of charting the same song twice. I've always combined two versions or more into one entry. The best example being Little Mix Secret love song as whilst the Jason Derulo version was used in the music video, i tended to listen to their solo version from the album more. So it was kinda like an early example of "Ed Sheeran"ing a song to #1 by having multiple versions combined. Conclusive proof that my chart has influenced Ed Sheeran's chart career since January 2017. :lol:

One kiss is one of those songs that don't necessarily sound like a huge dance anthem on first listen. For me, the second verse is where the song really starts to get into its stride and i like how the song builds up to that point. However, i'm a bit gutted that its kept Ariana off the #1 spot in the UK, but fair play to Calvin & Dua doing so incredibly well and not relying on multiple versions to have so much success. I can't deny that One kiss is a bonafide hit.

Pynk is a quirky little number. I still much prefer Make me feel but i'm intrigued in checking out the tracks off Dirty computer and see if there are any other highlights.

As for Paloma, its difficult to say exactly where she is likely to end up. I was more gutted about hearing about Avicii's death last Friday and i've been listening to some of his tracks throughout the week in memory of hid legacy. It's still so sad to think Avicii felt his only option to be happy was by killing himself. Nobody should ever have to live like that, and i think this is why mental health issues are so important to be treated seriously. :cry: Not only did Avicii have a lot of success in my chart, he also has the honour of being my first ever #1 when i joined UK Mix in 2013 so Wake me up will always be a landmark chart topper for me.

On an additional note, poor Florence. :( The only track from my chart that was removed from your list. Still, 19/20 is a wonderful hit rate. :D
JakeP
Manager

Postby JakeP » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:05 pm

JakeP Top 20 (28th April 2018)

01 (01) Ariana Grande - No tears left to cry [2 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
02 (RE) Avicii - Wake me up [12 wks] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
03 (03) Kylie Minogue - Raining glitter [4 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
04 (02) Kylie Minogue featuring Gente De Zona - Stop me from falling [8 wks] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
05 (05) Calvin Harris & Dua Lipa - One kiss [4 wks] [#3]
06 (04) Kylie Minogue - Sincerely yours [3 wks] [#2]
07 (11) Sofia Reyes featuring Jason Derulo & De La Ghetto - 1,2,3 [4 wks] [#2]
08 (06) The Weeknd - Call out my name [5 wks] [#2]
09 (09) Paloma Faith - Make your own kind of music [4 wks] [#7]
10 (08) George Ezra - Paradise [9 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
11 (07) Janelle Monáe featuring Grimes - Pynk [2 wks] [#7]
12 (15) Kylie Minogue - Dancing [15 wks] [#1] (3 wks @ #1)
13 (13) Kylie Minogue - Live a little [3 wks] [#7]
14 (12) Janelle Monáe - Make me feel [10 wks] [#1] (3 wks @ #1)
15 (16) Kylie Minogue - Golden [3 wks] [#4]
16 (18) Kylie Minogue - Shelby ’68 [3 wks] [#6]
17 (20) Kylie Minogue & Jack Savoretti - Music’s too sad without you [3 wks] [#9]
18 (NE) Banx & Ranx & Ella Eyre featuring Yxng Bane - Answerphone [1 wk] [#18]
19 (NE) Sofi Tukker - Baby i’m a queen [1 wk] [#19]
20 (NE) Kacey Musgraves - High horse [1 wk] [#20]

The Hit Seeker

Janelle Monáe - I like that

R.I.P. AVICII :cry:
JakeP
Manager

Postby JSparksFan » Tue May 01, 2018 3:22 am

Hey, Jake! :D

I checked out the "Baby I'm a Queen" track, and it's just okay...but are my eyes deceiving me, or is that "High Horse" just debuting? Anyway, tardy arrival and all, I hope it soars next week. I didn't think it was anything special initially, and wondered why everyone was fawning over it, but it's ridiculously catchy. Sleek, infectious, and doesn't compromise an inch on Kacey's unique and powerful brand of storytelling. She's really the best act in country music these days.

Great to see "Raining Glitter" still uber high. I hope to see the infiltration of Dirty Computer next week. :wink:

17 (20) Kylie Minogue & Jack Savoretti - Music’s too sad without you [3 wks] [#9]
Franklin’s music profoundly touched and changed the world, because over and over it offered that bridge to salvation, to freedom.
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby JakeP » Tue May 01, 2018 6:56 pm

JSparksFan wrote:Hey, Jake! :D

I checked out the "Baby I'm a Queen" track, and it's just okay...but are my eyes deceiving me, or is that "High Horse" just debuting? Anyway, tardy arrival and all, I hope it soars next week. I didn't think it was anything special initially, and wondered why everyone was fawning over it, but it's ridiculously catchy. Sleek, infectious, and doesn't compromise an inch on Kacey's unique and powerful brand of storytelling. She's really the best act in country music these days.

Great to see "Raining Glitter" still uber high. I hope to see the infiltration of Dirty Computer next week. :wink:

Thanks Akini :D

Whilst i do enjoy Baby i'm a queen, its not as catchy and strong as their #1 track Best friend so its safe to say they won't be going to #1 with this track, or indeed any higher based on the lack of plays so far this week. :oops:

Just debuting? :lol: You make it sound like it was a worldwide smash hit in 2014 and i'm only entering the song now for the first time. I really wouldn't know how long the song has been around but my first introduction to the song was in Paul's chart when it debuted at #1. I checked out the lyric video and was a bit underwhelmed at first. However it seems the song has had the same type of curious earworm effect on me as it had on you. :wink: I think "soaring" up the chart is out of the question for this week but its got a better chance of remaining inside the top 20 for a second week. :wink: Its more disco funk than country to me but then again Carrie Underwood scored her highest peaking single with The champion and that's such a country anthem isn't it? :lol: :P

As for Janelle, i've only really previewed the album tracks on iTunes so far - and i wouldn't chart the two short interlude tracks because they're not really songs. :lol: I am hoping to check out the album as i'm aware that the tracks are on YouTube. Besdies, i'm a much bigger Kylie so i was always going to be more interested in hearing Golden. At least I like that is looking set to enter my next chart.
JakeP
Manager

Postby phoenix98 » Thu May 03, 2018 10:00 pm

JakeP wrote:Ok, we can swap roles so we can both be his heater and towel. Gotta share the love. :P Ohh absolutely! :lol: How "slow" can you go? :wink:
Sounds like a perfect compromise! 8-)

Well...as slow as sweat dripping down dirty laundry ;) No need to rush...

JakeP wrote:Charlie is undoubtably one gifted musician and singer and he's often said how he has perfect hearing. It fascinates me how someone can have perfect pitch in their ears when they sing. I do wonder if he's just trying to be edgy for the sake of it because i always see Charlie as this unassuming slightly nerdy pop singer and that's what i adore about him.
For sure! Perfect pitch is such an incredible gift to have, so it's great that he's been putting it to such good use with all his singing and songwriting. Ha, yeah, I'd seen something about him hanging out/bonding with Adam Levine a while back, so maybe Adam's influence is to blame for some of Charlie's new attitude :x :lol: What do you think of the new album cover?

JakeP wrote:It really is baffling. :lol: Make your own kind of music was at #6 at one point last week and i thought that might've been enough to sneak into the top 40 but alas it wasn't. :roll: Lullaby however is doing incredibly well. Each week when i think the song has peaked, it defies the odds and manages to climb to a new peak. I think the name Sigala is selling the song on Spotify which says everything about the type of people who use Spotify daily to listen to music.
It made it all the way to No. 6 on UK iTunes? :o **Sigh** Yet barely dented the official Top 50. Digital song sales might not be completely irrelevant yet, but DAMN are they dying out quickly! Too true about "Lullaby" - it was looking like No. 9 would be its peak for a while, but it's still had enough steam lately to keep chugging along up to No. 6! I'm glad that Paloma's enjoying some singles chart success somehow, and I do like "Lullaby," but it's a shame that all of these people who are streaming "Lullaby" so often can't show the same love to ANY of her other recent material. :(

JakeP wrote:They really have, i'm so happy with how everything has played out so far. Well, cassettes is like an alien concept to me because i've only ever had cd's then it became downloads on iTunes. That said, these are bound to become collector's items so people might buy the cassette even though they can't actually play it. :lol: Kylie fans are so devoted, it must be incredible to have a fanbase as loyal as Kylie's. It's funny to think i discovered who Kylie was when Spinning around was #1 and i had no knowledge of who Kylie was before then, unbeknown to me that Kylie had been going for 20+ years by that point.
Ha, exactly! It's especially funny (and impressive) that the cassettes sold as well as they did STRICTLY as collector's items (whereas at least the special vinyl versions can still be played by a decent chunk of fans. I can't imagine many/any have working tape players, and I'm not sure if anything is built with them included anymore.) :lol:

I feel you there! She definitely felt like a brand-new artist when "Can't Get You Out Of My Head" took off in the States, since none of her 90's albums (or Light Years) had even been released here :( That was well before I started actively following any international charts (or even the Hot 100 on a regular basis). Her last (and only) big US hit before CGYOOMH had been "The Loco-Motion" the year I was born. :lol:

JakeP wrote:Kylie easily holds the record now for most number of appearances inside the top 20. I'm sure Adele held the previous record with all 11 tracks off 25. Having done a search through my chart history, Britney Spears got 10 entries from Glory. Little Mix and Ariana Grande both got 9 entries from Glory days and Dangerous woman. Niall Horan and Coldplay got 7 entries from Flicker and A head full of dreams so they equal Lana Del Rey's 7 entries from Lust for life album. I think that covers the albums that have had the biggest impact on my chart.
Oooh...so Kylie holds that record by quite a large margin too, if Adele's the runner-up with "only" 11 tracks on your chart at once :o That's some solid gold success right there! 8-)

JakeP wrote:I've tagged Gente De Zona onto Stop me from falling as that's partly the reason for the boost, but also i don't like the idea of charting the same song twice. I've always combined two versions or more into one entry. The best example being Little Mix Secret love song as whilst the Jason Derulo version was used in the music video, i tended to listen to their solo version from the album more. So it was kinda like an early example of "Ed Sheeran"ing a song to #1 by having multiple versions combined. Conclusive proof that my chart has influenced Ed Sheeran's chart career since January 2017. :lol:
:lol: Good to know that we have you to blame for all of his "Perfect" shenanigans ;) Though I wouldn't mind if he gave us a new (more interesting) version of "Happier" now...

JakeP wrote:As for Paloma, its difficult to say exactly where she is likely to end up. I was more gutted about hearing about Avicii's death last Friday and i've been listening to some of his tracks throughout the week in memory of hid legacy. It's still so sad to think Avicii felt his only option to be happy was by killing himself. Nobody should ever have to live like that, and i think this is why mental health issues are so important to be treated seriously. :cry: Not only did Avicii have a lot of success in my chart, he also has the honour of being my first ever #1 when i joined UK Mix in 2013 so Wake me up will always be a landmark chart topper for me.
Absolutely. The stigma around mental health issues and care is still so (aggravatingly) real :x People should feel as safe and supported in seeking treatment as they would for any medical concern. The consequences of untreated issues can be just as tragic. RIP.

JakeP wrote:On an additional note, poor Florence. :( The only track from my chart that was removed from your list. Still, 19/20 is a wonderful hit rate. :D
Ha, whoops :lol: That did wind up looking a lot shadier than I intended! Nothing against poor Flo - I just hadn't heard the track yet, and there was already so much other exiting stuff to talk about on that chart!

JakeP wrote:01 (01) Ariana Grande - No tears left to cry [2 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
04 (02) Kylie Minogue featuring Gente De Zona - Stop me from falling [8 wks] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
• Glad to see that Ari's eyes are still dry! Would you mind giving me a quick refresher course on her previous No. 1's and how long they held onto the top spot? "One Last Time" lasted for three, but I can't remember if that was her first-ever taste of Official Jake Top 20 glory. The circumstances were tragic, of course, but it would be pretty fitting if her first No. 1 had "One" in its title.
• Aw, I might've set my hopes a LITTLE too high for a new peak after Paloma managed to re-enter right at No. 9 - but at least she's enjoying another week inside the Top 10!
• Really pleased that "High Horse" managed to sneak in there! I don't think it has a proper/non-lyric video yet, but maybe this charming interpretation could help it really giddy-up here? ;)

Yet another chart that's definitely no crying shame, Jake! :D
phoenix98
Legend

Postby JakeP » Sat May 05, 2018 4:33 pm

phoenix98 wrote:Sounds like a perfect compromise! 8-)

Well...as slow as sweat dripping down dirty laundry ;) No need to rush...
LOL even now i think that's a really unusual lyric but it just works. :lol:

phoenix98 wrote:For sure! Perfect pitch is such an incredible gift to have, so it's great that he's been putting it to such good use with all his singing and songwriting. Ha, yeah, I'd seen something about him hanging out/bonding with Adam Levine a while back, so maybe Adam's influence is to blame for some of Charlie's new attitude :x :lol: What do you think of the new album cover?
Haha yes i saw the video on YouTube where Charlie and Adam are shirtless and they're going "ohhhh yeah" which leaves a lot to the imagination. :wink: :P

I actually preferred the first cover with Charlie lying on the bed. I'm not really sure what i make of the new cover. :oops:

phoenix98 wrote:It made it all the way to No. 6 on UK iTunes? :o **Sigh** Yet barely dented the official Top 50. Digital song sales might not be completely irrelevant yet, but DAMN are they dying out quickly! Too true about "Lullaby" - it was looking like No. 9 would be its peak for a while, but it's still had enough steam lately to keep chugging along up to No. 6! I'm glad that Paloma's enjoying some singles chart success somehow, and I do like "Lullaby," but it's a shame that all of these people who are streaming "Lullaby" so often can't show the same love to ANY of her other recent material. :(
It got even higher last week, reached #4 at one point but Paloma finally entered the top 40 yesterday! :D Thoroughly deserved after a couple of agonising weeks missing out. I doubt it'll climb much further up but in the Spotify dominant era i regard a #28 as a hit single. :lol: It does seem strange to think that over the last 9 years since Paloma first emerged her biggest hits in the UK have been collaborations with dance acts. Not that i mind, i love Changing and was so happy when it went to #1. :D

phoenix98 wrote:Ha, exactly! It's especially funny (and impressive) that the cassettes sold as well as they did STRICTLY as collector's items (whereas at least the special vinyl versions can still be played by a decent chunk of fans. I can't imagine many/any have working tape players, and I'm not sure if anything is built with them included anymore.) :lol:

I feel you there! She definitely felt like a brand-new artist when "Can't Get You Out Of My Head" took off in the States, since none of her 90's albums (or Light Years) had even been released here :( That was well before I started actively following any international charts (or even the Hot 100 on a regular basis). Her last (and only) big US hit before CGYOOMH had been "The Loco-Motion" the year I was born. :lol:
Oh totally agree. Even though by that point Kylie still seemed relatively new to me after the success Kylie enjoyed in 2000. Can't get you out of my head will always be an iconic hit single (my #2 favourite #1 of the 00s :wink: ). Aww i'd have thought all of Kylie's other albums would've been released in America. :( LOL The locomotion was new to the charts i think when i was born. I know it was released in the summer just as i entered the world in July. :lol:

So we're both turning 30 this year? When is your birthday? I have probably asked you this before. Are you doing anything special for your big day? :D My birthday is 24th July but this year i'm going to a wedding on the 21st July so i'm hoping to have something special the following weekend. :D

phoenix98 wrote:Oooh...so Kylie holds that record by quite a large margin too, if Adele's the runner-up with "only" 11 tracks on your chart at once :o That's some solid gold success right there! 8-)
It really is. Kylie completely deserves that honour after releasing such an amazing album full of pure pop joy.

phoenix98 wrote: :lol: Good to know that we have you to blame for all of his "Perfect" shenanigans ;) Though I wouldn't mind if he gave us a new (more interesting) version of "Happier" now...
Yes it's all my fault. :P :oops: Although i'd rather have a chart full of Kylie rather than a chart full of Ed Sheeran, unless he released an album where i loved every track. I still think ÷ is overrated and Ed's weakest album. :( As for Happier it'd take a mighty impressive new version of the track to boost the song back into my chart. It did sneak into my chart following the album release but it entered at #19 then dropped out again the following week. The music video effect has been rather muted too.

phoenix98 wrote:Absolutely. The stigma around mental health issues and care is still so (aggravatingly) real :x People should feel as safe and supported in seeking treatment as they would for any medical concern. The consequences of untreated issues can be just as tragic. RIP.
100% agree. It's pretty shocking to think that mental illness is brushed aside because you can't physically see it. The death of Avicii hit me hard moreso because he was only a year younger than me. I can't begin to imagine what it would feel like if one of my best friends who i've known since college suddenly died. It's such a horrible feeling and so many people end up being affected.

phoenix98 wrote:Ha, whoops :lol: That did wind up looking a lot shadier than I intended! Nothing against poor Flo - I just hadn't heard the track yet, and there was already so much other exiting stuff to talk about on that chart!
LOL no worries. :lol: :P Speaking of Florence, whilst i liked Sky full of song i'm loving the new track Hunger so much more. It's a real hark back to the more familiar sound from a few years ago and Florence's vocals give me goosebumps on this track.

phoenix98 wrote:• Glad to see that Ari's eyes are still dry! Would you mind giving me a quick refresher course on her previous No. 1's and how long they held onto the top spot? "One Last Time" lasted for three, but I can't remember if that was her first-ever taste of Official Jake Top 20 glory. The circumstances were tragic, of course, but it would be pretty fitting if her first No. 1 had "One" in its title.
• Aw, I might've set my hopes a LITTLE too high for a new peak after Paloma managed to re-enter right at No. 9 - but at least she's enjoying another week inside the Top 10!
• Really pleased that "High Horse" managed to sneak in there! I don't think it has a proper/non-lyric video yet, but maybe this charming interpretation could help it really giddy-up here? ;)

Yet another chart that's definitely no crying shame, Jake! :D
Ariana has had three #1 singles in my chart. Whilst i love your logic of her first chart topper containing the word "one" it was actually Bang bang that gave Ariana her first #1 in my chart. The Jessie, Ariana & Nicki collaboration spent one week at #1. I suppose you could say on a technicality that Ariana's first "solo" #1 included the word "one". :wink:

Paloma did well to maintain her place inside the top 10 despite that particular week being fairly quiet. I had listened to more Avicii songs but for chart purposes i only entered Wake me up as i played that song more than any other Avicii track hence the impressive high re-entry at #2.

Kasey indeed did very well to sneak into the top 20. It is likely to get a second week but it won't have a significantly big climb. :wink:
JakeP
Manager

Postby JakeP » Sat May 05, 2018 8:20 pm

JakeP Top 20 (5th May 2018)

01 (NE) Céline Dion - Ashes [1 wk] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
02 (NE) Florence + The Machine - Hunger [1 wk] [#2]
03 (NE) Troye Sivan - Bloom [1 wk] [#3]
04 (01) Ariana Grande - No tears left to cry [3 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
05 (NE) Janelle Monáe - I like that [1 wk] [#5]
06 (05) Calvin Harris & Dua Lipa - One kiss [5 wks] [#3]
07 (04) Kylie Minogue featuring Gente De Zona - Stop me from falling [9 wks] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
08 (03) Kylie Minogue - Raining glitter [5 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
09 (NE) Shawn Mendes featuring Khalid - Youth [1 wk] [#9]
10 (09) Paloma Faith - Make your own kind of music [5 wks] [#7]
11 (NE) Christina Aguilera featuring Ty Dollar $ign & 2Chainz - Accelerate [1 wk] [#11]
12 (08) The Weeknd - Call out my name [6 wks] [#2]
13 (07) Sofia Reyes featuring Jason Derulo & De La Ghetto - 1,2,3 [5 wks] [#2]
14 (10) George Ezra - Paradise [10 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
15 (06) Kylie Minogue - Sincerely yours [4 wks] [#2]
16 (20) Kacey Musgraves - High horse [2 wks] [#16]
17 (14) Janelle Monáe - Make me feel [11 wks] [#1] (3 wks @ #1)
18 (NE) Dennis Lloyd - Nevermind [1 wk] [#18]
19 (12) Kylie Minogue - Dancing [16 wks] [#1] (3 wks @ #1)
20 (15) Kylie Minogue - Golden [4 wks] [#4]

The Hit Seeker

Jess Glynne - I’ll be there
JakeP
Manager

Postby SummerPeur » Sun May 06, 2018 1:39 am

01 (NE) Céline Dion - Ashes [1 wk] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
Get that smash Celine girl.

While I'm not into deadpool cause I don't do gore in any shape or form *yes to me it is gore*, it was very entertaining to see this pairing.

I know you mentioned you saw me repenting for first hating this song and now loving it :lol: :lol: . She saved it more with the performance on Fallon - even though I can't for the LIFE of me stand that guy. Defs a great tune now that gives me back life that was sucked away from Fallon.

07 (04) Kylie Minogue featuring Gente De Zona - Stop me from falling [9 wks] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
Good hold for SMFF. I'm excited to see what happens after May with the album and promotion. Kylie has already booked some interview and performance slots in June and I highly doubt it will be to continue promoting SMFF. What song are you hoping gets the third single treatment?

11 (NE) Christina Aguilera featuring Ty Dollar $ign & 2Chainz - Accelerate [1 wk] [#11]
Such a shame that Chrissy girl thought this was good to release........I honestly can't think of a worse comeback song that an artist has done.
I'm so happy to still see Sincerely Yours in the chart! (Even if potentially this is it's last week). It's still one of my favorites from the album.
SummerPeur wrote:Time stops for the Kween everytime WBT is performed.
Goldmoney wrote:So does her microphone
SummerPeur
Legend

Postby JakeP » Sun May 06, 2018 4:58 pm

SummerPeur wrote:Get that smash Celine girl.

While I'm not into deadpool cause I don't do gore in any shape or form *yes to me it is gore*, it was very entertaining to see this pairing.
Thanks SummerPeur :D

To be honest i've never seen the first film so i don't really understand what the film is about, but from i had seen i knew it was some type of anti-superhero. :lol: Hearing new music from Céline is what got me interested. Having a rather flamboyant looking Deadpool dancing in the video and that dialogue at the end only made me love the song even more.

SummerPeur wrote:I know you mentioned you saw me repenting for first hating this song and now loving it :lol: :lol: . She saved it more with the performance on Fallon - even though I can't for the LIFE of me stand that guy. Defs a great tune now that gives me back life that was sucked away from Fallon.
Aww i'm so happy that Ariana won you over eventually. It didn't click on first listen but after a couple of plays i quickly found myself loving this track. I don't mind Jimmy Fallon and Ariana totally stole the show. :P

SummerPeur wrote:Good hold for SMFF. I'm excited to see what happens after May with the album and promotion. Kylie has already booked some interview and performance slots in June and I highly doubt it will be to continue promoting SMFF. What song are you hoping gets the third single treatment?
Stop me from falling got a last minute boost from Kylie's live performance on Sounds like Friday night which was amazing and i loved how the whole audience were getting into the song. This whole campaign has been handled so fantastically. Kudos to BMG for believing in Kylie and this whole campaign. I'm also happy that they didn't just do all the promo in release week and leave it at that. Many artists seem to do this. :lol: I have to choose Raining glitter for the next official single as its the track that impacted on me the most. If i had to choose an album track it'd be Sincerely yours but that's because it was my favourite discovery. Tbh it doesn't matter what the next single is because i know i will enjoy the song.

SummerPeur wrote:Such a shame that Chrissy girl thought this was good to release........I honestly can't think of a worse comeback song that an artist has done.
It's definitely a curious track but it got me hooked but weirdly left me disappointed. It's very disjointed but the parts i love, i really love (Christina's verses and her parts of the chorus). I still can't tell Ty Dollar $ign and 2Chainz apart but whoever does the rap during the breakdown is good but it doesn't feel like a part of Accelerate, as if it belongs to a different song. The other rapper who keeps adding vocals bits throughout Christina's vocals is verging on hilarious. It had the potential to be a really great track but its got lost in the mix. It sure ain't no Dirrty.

SummerPeur wrote:I'm so happy to still see Sincerely Yours in the chart! (Even if potentially this is it's last week). It's still one of my favorites from the album.
I still adore Sincerely yours and its hefty drop wasn't due to a noticeable lack of plays but more so the decent number of new releases that grabbed my attention towards the end of the week.
JakeP
Manager

Postby phoenix98 » Thu May 10, 2018 7:30 pm

JakeP wrote:LOL even now i think that's a really unusual lyric but it just works. :lol:
:lol: Ha, I was thinking about that after I made that post! I guess the idea is that Niall + his special someone tore off their sweaty clothes and left them on the floor, so now they've become dirty laundry? Props to him for coming up with a much more clever, nuanced way of saying "so we got all sweaty and naked..."

JakeP wrote:Haha yes i saw the video on YouTube where Charlie and Adam are shirtless and they're going "ohhhh yeah" which leaves a lot to the imagination. :wink: :P

I actually preferred the first cover with Charlie lying on the bed. I'm not really sure what i make of the new cover. :oops:
:o What now? If THAT was a part of their hang-outs, I'm MORE than fine with them spending (and filming) as much time together as possible...

Same! Maybe there's some artistic significance to the new cover that's gone completely over my head, but it just looks like a totally random, unflattering headshot :-? I really don't see why it was reshoot-worthy.

JakeP wrote:It got even higher last week, reached #4 at one point but Paloma finally entered the top 40 yesterday! :D Thoroughly deserved after a couple of agonising weeks missing out. I doubt it'll climb much further up but in the Spotify dominant era i regard a #28 as a hit single. :lol: It does seem strange to think that over the last 9 years since Paloma first emerged her biggest hits in the UK have been collaborations with dance acts. Not that i mind, i love Changing and was so happy when it went to #1. :D
:D YES! I did a double-take when I saw it at No. 28. It's pretty sad/ridiculous that No. 28 is considered an exciting achievement for such a talented act now, but at least it's given her her biggest hit as the lead artist since..."Only Love Can Hurt Like This." :o

JakeP wrote:Oh totally agree. Even though by that point Kylie still seemed relatively new to me after the success Kylie enjoyed in 2000. Can't get you out of my head will always be an iconic hit single (my #2 favourite #1 of the 00s :wink: ). Aww i'd have thought all of Kylie's other albums would've been released in America. :( LOL The locomotion was new to the charts i think when i was born. I know it was released in the summer just as i entered the world in July. :lol:

So we're both turning 30 this year? When is your birthday? I have probably asked you this before. Are you doing anything special for your big day? :D My birthday is 24th July but this year i'm going to a wedding on the 21st July so i'm hoping to have something special the following weekend. :D
Kylie is definitely one of America's most shameful musical snubs (when it comes to acts who are embraced basically everywhere else in the world) :cry: Neighbours was only broadcast here for a brief time in the 90's (and then on cable for a while in the 00's), so she didn't have that recognizability factor when she started releasing music like she did in Australia and the UK, but I wonder if there were local label/promotion/distribution issues too. Even after CGYOOMH finally gave her another hit here, her momentum faltered really quickly. Instead, we entered the era of Ja Rule, Nelly, and 50 Cent domination :x **Sigh**

Yup! August 11th for me. Nothing special planned yet (though I've got mixed feelings about recognizing this particular milestone at all) :lol: Whose wedding?

JakeP wrote:Yes it's all my fault. :P :oops: Although i'd rather have a chart full of Kylie rather than a chart full of Ed Sheeran, unless he released an album where i loved every track. I still think ÷ is overrated and Ed's weakest album. :( As for Happier it'd take a mighty impressive new version of the track to boost the song back into my chart. It did sneak into my chart following the album release but it entered at #19 then dropped out again the following week. The music video effect has been rather muted too.
Sounds like we're pretty equally unenthusiastic about "Happier" :lol: It certainly wasn't the single I wanted (or expected) from him next.

JakeP wrote:Ariana has had three #1 singles in my chart. Whilst i love your logic of her first chart topper containing the word "one" it was actually Bang bang that gave Ariana her first #1 in my chart. The Jessie, Ariana & Nicki collaboration spent one week at #1. I suppose you could say on a technicality that Ariana's first "solo" #1 included the word "one". :wink:
:lol: Love it! So her first No. 1 where she's the only one credited was "One Last Time." ;)

JakeP wrote:01 (NE) Céline Dion - Ashes [1 wk] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
02 (NE) Florence + The Machine - Hunger [1 wk] [#2]
03 (NE) Troye Sivan - Bloom [1 wk] [#3]
05 (NE) Janelle Monáe - I like that [1 wk] [#5]
06 (05) Calvin Harris & Dua Lipa - One kiss [5 wks] [#3]
08 (03) Kylie Minogue - Raining glitter [5 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
09 (NE) Shawn Mendes featuring Khalid - Youth [1 wk] [#9]
10 (09) Paloma Faith - Make your own kind of music [5 wks] [#7]
12 (08) The Weeknd - Call out my name [6 wks] [#2]
13 (07) Sofia Reyes featuring Jason Derulo & De La Ghetto - 1,2,3 [5 wks] [#2]
14 (10) George Ezra - Paradise [10 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
16 (20) Kacey Musgraves - High horse [2 wks] [#16]
17 (14) Janelle Monáe - Make me feel [11 wks] [#1] (3 wks @ #1)
19 (12) Kylie Minogue - Dancing [16 wks] [#1] (3 wks @ #1)
20 (15) Kylie Minogue - Golden [4 wks] [#4]

Jess Glynne - I’ll be there
• I really thought Troye had another No. 1 in the bag with "Bloom," so I was pretty shocked to see it "only" enter at No. 3 :o "Ashes" is fantastic, though, so these could end up as my next Top 2.
• "I Like That" instantly out-peaks "Pynk" :o Which has already left the chart entirely :o The plot twists just keep coming! I knew "Pynk" wasn't connecting with you as much as "Make Me Feel," but I wasn't ready for it to depart quite so soon. I also expected a more modest debut for "I Like That," but that one definitely keeps growing on me too.
• Glad that "High Horse" managed to trot a bit higher!

Yet another chart with all kinds of beauty, Jake! :D
phoenix98
Legend

Return to Personal Charts