JakeP Top 20

Moderators: JSparksFan, tdc2000, FreakyFlyBry

Postby JakeP » Sat May 12, 2018 6:03 pm

Time to repay the compliment Paul. xx :wink:

phoenix98 wrote: :lol: Ha, I was thinking about that after I made that post! I guess the idea is that Niall + his special someone tore off their sweaty clothes and left them on the floor, so now they've become dirty laundry? Props to him for coming up with a much more clever, nuanced way of saying "so we got all sweaty and naked..."
LOL i just happy that Niall came up with Slow hands as it definitely helped to boost his solo career. All the other guys from One Direction seemed to peak with their first solo single, whilst Niall went up a notch following up This town. Still waiting for that music video for Seeing blind. Or just a video that shows Niall in all his glory. :wink: :P

phoenix98 wrote: :o What now? If THAT was a part of their hang-outs, I'm MORE than fine with them spending (and filming) as much time together as possible...

Same! Maybe there's some artistic significance to the new cover that's gone completely over my head, but it just looks like a totally random, unflattering headshot :-? I really don't see why it was reshoot-worthy.
I'm surprised you haven't seen it. :lol: Let's sort this out right away. :P

Shame you can see Charlie's shorts though. Kinda ruins the illusion. :lol:

Hmm i really don't see any artistic significance at all in the new album cover. Not entire sure what they're trying to achieve but i'm sure there have been worse album covers over the years. :lol:

phoenix98 wrote: :D YES! I did a double-take when I saw it at No. 28. It's pretty sad/ridiculous that No. 28 is considered an exciting achievement for such a talented act now, but at least it's given her her biggest hit as the lead artist since..."Only Love Can Hurt Like This." :o
Urgh i knew Paloma was unlikely to climb but i didn't expect the song just drop back out again so fast. :o At least Paloma made the top 40 so regardless of how long it lasted, i'm just happy she finally made it. :D

phoenix98 wrote:Kylie is definitely one of America's most shameful musical snubs (when it comes to acts who are embraced basically everywhere else in the world) :cry: Neighbours was only broadcast here for a brief time in the 90's (and then on cable for a while in the 00's), so she didn't have that recognizability factor when she started releasing music like she did in Australia and the UK, but I wonder if there were local label/promotion/distribution issues too. Even after CGYOOMH finally gave her another hit here, her momentum faltered really quickly. Instead, we entered the era of Ja Rule, Nelly, and 50 Cent domination :x **Sigh**

Yup! August 11th for me. Nothing special planned yet (though I've got mixed feelings about recognizing this particular milestone at all) :lol: Whose wedding?
I never knew that Neighbours had been going for long when i was young. I must've started watching it around the time when Holly Valance and then Delta Goodrem were part of the cast as i remember when they made the transition into the music industry with successful pop careers in the beginning at least. :lol: :P

Ahh that could easily explain the lack of promotional campaigns for Kylie during those years in America. The way Can't get you out of my head just dominated in countries like America will always be remembered. I love how the USA really embraced the song, but like you say it wasn't long before urban radio took control of the charts. :( I think whenever pop dominates again, we should fully embrace it while it lasts because it seems to go in cycles. Pure pop in the early 00s, then urban until the late 00s, then pop again until around 2012, then urban again. There seems to be distinct peaks between the two genres and it just happens that urban is currently the dominant genre. Pop will be back on top eventually. :P

LOL aww tbh i don't even feel like i'm turning 30. I've always felt young, and never think things like "oh i'm getting old". :lol: I still have no plans for my birthday so i might end up going for a meal or something with the family, or going into Manchester for a night out with friends/colleagues. It's my cousin's son who is getting married. To be honest i don't see them that often. Still it will be nice to catch up with the rest of the family. :D

phoenix98 wrote:Sounds like we're pretty equally unenthusiastic about "Happier" :lol: It certainly wasn't the single I wanted (or expected) from him next.
Yes it would appear so. :lol: I'm not even sure which track i would choose as the next single. :oops: Possibly New man but other than that, there isn't anything else i find that interesting. :oops:

phoenix98 wrote: :lol: Love it! So her first No. 1 where she's the only one credited was "One Last Time." ;)
LOL yes, it sure was. Even though the circumstances surrounding the songs new lease of life was dreadful, i'm happy that i rediscovered a new found love for One last time. Otherwise the song may have forever remained as a #9 hit in my chart.

phoenix98 wrote: • I really thought Troye had another No. 1 in the bag with "Bloom," so I was pretty shocked to see it "only" enter at No. 3 :o "Ashes" is fantastic, though, so these could end up as my next Top 2.
• "I Like That" instantly out-peaks "Pynk" :o Which has already left the chart entirely :o The plot twists just keep coming! I knew "Pynk" wasn't connecting with you as much as "Make Me Feel," but I wasn't ready for it to depart quite so soon. I also expected a more modest debut for "I Like That," but that one definitely keeps growing on me too.
• Glad that "High Horse" managed to trot a bit higher!

Yet another chart with all kinds of beauty, Jake! :D
The latter end of last week was choc-a-block for amazing new singles. I was so surprised at the quality of the songs coming out all at once. 8-) Bloom entering at #3 might look like an underperformance but it did incredibly well in 24 hours. It just so happens that Céline Dion and Florence + The Machine both released new tracks that impacted on me just as hard. I'm so happy that Ashes ended up going to #1 in your chart. After such an impressive start, can Céline take full advantage of a full week and remain #1 for a second week? :wink:

As much as i enjoy Pynk, i actually do prefer I like that more. I checked out a couple of the album tracks off Dirty computer on YouTube but perhaps they need more listens but they weren't as striking as Make me feel. :(

I knew you would be delighted with that climb for High horse. Sadly it could be the songs peak as its looking set to drop out of my new chart.
JakeP
Manager

Postby JakeP » Sat May 12, 2018 8:22 pm

JakeP Top 20 (12th May 2018)

ImageImageImageImageImage

01 (01) Céline Dion - Ashes [2 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
02 (NE) Christina Aguilera - Twice [1 wk] [#2]
03 (02) Florence + The Machine - Hunger [2 wks] [#2]
04 (04) Ariana Grande - No tears left to cry [4 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
05 (03) Troye Sivan - Bloom [2 wks] [#3]
06 (NE) Jess Glynne - I’ll be there [1 wk] [#6]
07 (09) Shawn Mendes featuring Khalid - Youth [2 wks] [#9]
08 (NE) Years & Years - If you’re over me [1 wk] [#8]
09 (NE) Childish Gambino - This is America [1 wk] [#9]
10 (08) Kylie Minogue - Raining glitter [6 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
11 (05) Janelle Monáe - I like that [2 wks] [#5]
12 (NE) Charlie Puth - The way i am [1 wk] [#12]
13 (06) Calvin Harris & Dua Lipa - One kiss [6 wks] [#3]
14 (07) Kylie Minogue featuring Gente De Zona - Stop me from falling [10 wks] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
15 (18) Dennis Lloyd - Nevermind [2 wks] [#15]
16 (11) Christina Aguilera featuring Ty Dollar $ign & 2Chainz - Accelerate [2 wks] [#11]
17 (10) Paloma Faith - Make your own kind of music [6 wks] [#7]
18 (14) George Ezra - Paradise [11 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
19 (17) Janelle Monáe - Make me feel [12 wks] [#1] (3 wks @ #1)
20 (19) Kylie Minogue - Dancing [17 wks] [#1] (3 wks @ #1)

The Hit Seeker

JakeP
Manager

Postby phoenix98 » Thu May 17, 2018 6:00 pm

JakeP wrote:Time to repay the compliment Paul. xx :wink:
xoxoxoxo :wink:

JakeP wrote:LOL i just happy that Niall came up with Slow hands as it definitely helped to boost his solo career. All the other guys from One Direction seemed to peak with their first solo single, whilst Niall went up a notch following up This town. Still waiting for that music video for Seeing blind. Or just a video that shows Niall in all his glory. :wink: :P
HmMm...I've enjoyed some of Zayn's follow-up releases as much as (or even more than) "Pillowtalk" ("Like I Would," "Still Got Time," "Let Me"), and I've still got a soft spot for Liam's "Bedroom Floor" ;) but I totally agree that Niall kicked it up by a notch by following "This Town" with "Slow Hands" (and then continued to deliver even more gems on the rest of the album). Huge "YES!" for that "Seeing Blind" video too! Letting the era fizzle out with "On The Loose" and leaving "Seeing Blind" unreleased would be heartbreaking. :cry:

JakeP wrote:I'm surprised you haven't seen it. :lol: Let's sort this out right away. :P

Shame you can see Charlie's shorts though. Kinda ruins the illusion. :lol:
:o :oops:

They probably just had the sense to stop recording before Adam yanked Charlie's shorts down... ;)

JakeP wrote:LOL aww tbh i don't even feel like i'm turning 30. I've always felt young, and never think things like "oh i'm getting old". :lol: I still have no plans for my birthday so i might end up going for a meal or something with the family, or going into Manchester for a night out with friends/colleagues. It's my cousin's son who is getting married. To be honest i don't see them that often. Still it will be nice to catch up with the rest of the family. :D
I'm all for staying young at heart <3 Sounds like you can't go wrong with either of those bday celebration options! Where are some of your favorite places to dine out? How close is Manchester?

JakeP wrote:Yes it would appear so. :lol: I'm not even sure which track i would choose as the next single. :oops: Possibly New man but other than that, there isn't anything else i find that interesting. :oops:
That would've been my top pick too! It looked like a lot of fans were rooting for "Eraser," which isn't one of my personal favorites, but it still would've made for a more interesting choice than "Happier."

JakeP wrote:01 (01) Céline Dion - Ashes [2 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
02 (NE) Christina Aguilera - Twice [1 wk] [#2]
03 (02) Florence + The Machine - Hunger [2 wks] [#2]
04 (04) Ariana Grande - No tears left to cry [4 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
05 (03) Troye Sivan - Bloom [2 wks] [#3]
06 (NE) Jess Glynne - I’ll be there [1 wk] [#6]
07 (09) Shawn Mendes featuring Khalid - Youth [2 wks] [#9]
08 (NE) Years & Years - If you’re over me [1 wk] [#8]
10 (08) Kylie Minogue - Raining glitter [6 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
11 (05) Janelle Monáe - I like that [2 wks] [#5]
12 (NE) Charlie Puth - The way i am [1 wk] [#12]
13 (06) Calvin Harris & Dua Lipa - One kiss [6 wks] [#3]
14 (07) Kylie Minogue featuring Gente De Zona - Stop me from falling [10 wks] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
16 (11) Christina Aguilera featuring Ty Dollar $ign & 2Chainz - Accelerate [2 wks] [#11]
17 (10) Paloma Faith - Make your own kind of music [6 wks] [#7]
18 (14) George Ezra - Paradise [11 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
19 (17) Janelle Monáe - Make me feel [12 wks] [#1] (3 wks @ #1)
20 (19) Kylie Minogue - Dancing [17 wks] [#1] (3 wks @ #1)
• People seem pretty underwhelmed by "I'll Be There," but I'm pretty charmed by it, so I'm glad it managed a Top 10 (nearly Top 5) debut here! I haven't been following Jess too closely, so I didn't have any expectations going into it, but it feels basically on-par with "Hold My Hand" to me (both upbeat, poppy, perfectly pleasant feel-good tunes).
• Aw, I was hoping you'd be more into "If You're Over Me." Not that a Top 10 debut is so terrible :lol: I guess I was just hoping it'd click with you as much as "Bloom." It's so. damn. CATCHY! That little teaser video with three different shots of Olly werkin' it was too cute to handle (though the actual final video doesn't capture quite the same feeling, unfortunately).
• It was really encouraging to see "This Is America" debut at No. 1 on the latest Hot 100 :D It (well, the video in particular) sends messages that REALLY need to be seen by as many people as possible right now (especially here in the States), so hopefully this achievement will help it get even more exposure. Admittedly, I haven't been playing the song itself very much, so it probably won't enter my chart...but if I had a special "Breakthrough Video" or "Cultural Significance" honor, it'd definitely be receiving that!
• "The Way I Am" has been doing more for me than "Done For Me," at least, and his album turned out to be totally worth a try! There's at least a couple moments on there that seem as single-worthy as (or even more than) some of the stuff that he's given a proper push lately.

Yet another chart that's still burning bright, Jake! :D
phoenix98
Legend

Postby heppolo » Fri May 18, 2018 11:01 am

Memes, memes and more memes with this.
Waffles are checked cookies
heppolo
Legend

Postby Top10 » Fri May 18, 2018 2:28 pm

heppolo wrote:09 (NE) Childish Gambino - This is America [1 wk] [#9]

Man, I really can't figure out why I like this mess, but this is a killa track and has a message to think on. Kinda Pink Floyd style in the social sense. However, there are a way too much symbols here, both in the video and in the record.
Dame tu Top 10 - 14.09.2018.
Top10
Groupie

Postby heppolo » Fri May 18, 2018 5:41 pm

Top10 wrote:

Man, I really can't figure out why I like this mess, but this is a killa track and has a message to think on. Kinda Pink Floyd style in the social sense. However, there are a way too much symbols here, both in the video and in the record.
There's too much bad and over the top acting in the music video, which makes it too funny
heppolo
Legend

Postby Top10 » Sat May 19, 2018 6:39 am

... And nobody said you're not right. :D
Dame tu Top 10 - 14.09.2018.
Top10
Groupie

Postby JakeP » Sat May 19, 2018 9:54 am

phoenix98 wrote:xoxoxoxo :wink:
LOL i looked at that and the first thing i thought of was Xo by Beyoncé, probably because i randomly listened to the song the other night. :lol:

phoenix98 wrote:HmMm...I've enjoyed some of Zayn's follow-up releases as much as (or even more than) "Pillowtalk" ("Like I Would," "Still Got Time," "Let Me"), and I've still got a soft spot for Liam's "Bedroom Floor" ;) but I totally agree that Niall kicked it up by a notch by following "This Town" with "Slow Hands" (and then continued to deliver even more gems on the rest of the album). Huge "YES!" for that "Seeing Blind" video too! Letting the era fizzle out with "On The Loose" and leaving "Seeing Blind" unreleased would be heartbreaking. :cry:
PILLOWTALK remains Zayn's most successful single in my chart even though he's had a fairly successful hit record, his collabs with both Taylor Swift and Sia didn't really have a huge impact on me. Hmm Liam Payne is still underwhelming although Familiar is growing on me slowly, not enough to dent my next chart but it might appear next week if it keeps growing on me. Flicker is such a solid gold album and i've been checking So long this week after it was uploaded on YouTube. It never made the album but would love to this become a new single.

phoenix98 wrote: :o :oops:

They probably just had the sense to stop recording before Adam yanked Charlie's shorts down... ;)
...but that's the perfect time to start recording, not stop. :evil: :lol:

phoenix98 wrote:I'm all for staying young at heart <3 Sounds like you can't go wrong with either of those bday celebration options! Where are some of your favorite places to dine out? How close is Manchester?
I love Frankie & Benny's :lol: :oops: I just love italian food so pizza or pasta is my ultimate love. <3 Manchester is almost on my doorstep. :lol: I live about half a mile outside the city centre so its not too bad whenever i'm on a night out as its close to home. That said i'm such a lightweight drinker i tend to avoid alcohol as i just don't like the taste of it. :oops: :lol:

phoenix98 wrote:That would've been my top pick too! It looked like a lot of fans were rooting for "Eraser," which isn't one of my personal favorites, but it still would've made for a more interesting choice than "Happier."
Ahh wies minds think alike. :wink: I really haven't got into Happier at all since the music video was released. Sometimes a music video can give the song a boost but in this instance there's just nothing. I think Ed has suffered from being too much of an omnipresence so its like i want something different now. :P

phoenix98 wrote:• People seem pretty underwhelmed by "I'll Be There," but I'm pretty charmed by it, so I'm glad it managed a Top 10 (nearly Top 5) debut here! I haven't been following Jess too closely, so I didn't have any expectations going into it, but it feels basically on-par with "Hold My Hand" to me (both upbeat, poppy, perfectly pleasant feel-good tunes).
• Aw, I was hoping you'd be more into "If You're Over Me." Not that a Top 10 debut is so terrible :lol: I guess I was just hoping it'd click with you as much as "Bloom." It's so. damn. CATCHY! That little teaser video with three different shots of Olly werkin' it was too cute to handle (though the actual final video doesn't capture quite the same feeling, unfortunately).
• It was really encouraging to see "This Is America" debut at No. 1 on the latest Hot 100 :D It (well, the video in particular) sends messages that REALLY need to be seen by as many people as possible right now (especially here in the States), so hopefully this achievement will help it get even more exposure. Admittedly, I haven't been playing the song itself very much, so it probably won't enter my chart...but if I had a special "Breakthrough Video" or "Cultural Significance" honor, it'd definitely be receiving that!
• "The Way I Am" has been doing more for me than "Done For Me," at least, and his album turned out to be totally worth a try! There's at least a couple moments on there that seem as single-worthy as (or even more than) some of the stuff that he's given a proper push lately.

Yet another chart that's still burning bright, Jake! :D
I think I'll be there is more of a slow burner. It's not the most instance track but it does have an endearing quality that slowly draws people in. I can see Jess climbing into the UK top 10 in the next week or two as she's doing well on iTunes and is rising on Spotify. Jess secured her place in the top 10 quite comfortably as she had the added benefit of a full week to get those plays. :lol: I've seen a number of UK Mixers slating Hold my hand but its still by far my favourite of all her solo singles.

Ahh Years & Years fell unlucky in that the powerhouse top 3 of Céline, Florence & Troye was so strong coming into last week that they were still getting a lot of love from me hence why they all managed to hold up incredibly well in their second week. If you're over me is definitely looking set for a second week in the chart but with eurovision entries set to enter plus a couple of new releases i've been enjoying over the 24 hours i'm really unsure right now how the next chart is going to look.

I didn't even realise This is America has gone in at #1 until i read a comment, must've been in its single thread in the r'n'b forum. I was like :o as it just seemed like Drake was destined to remain #1 until his next new single or album release. That is one incredible achievement for Childish Gambino, the music video has had such an impact.

Ohh i've not not checked out Charlie's album. Which album tracks are your personal highlights? :D Charlie has ended up quite unlucky as his last three appearances in my chart have all ended up entering at #12. :lol:
JakeP
Manager

Postby JakeP » Sat May 19, 2018 9:58 am

LOL :lol:

But all these memes that are circulating on social media keep bringing more awareness to the song, and is helping This is America to become an ever bigger phenomenon. It's most likely played a crucial role in getting the song to debut at #1 in America.
JakeP
Manager

Postby JakeP » Sat May 19, 2018 10:03 am

heppolo wrote:
Top10 wrote:Man, I really can't figure out why I like this mess, but this is a killa track and has a message to think on. Kinda Pink Floyd style in the social sense. However, there are a way too much symbols here, both in the video and in the record.
There's too much bad and over the top acting in the music video, which makes it too funny
Well i wouldn't say it's a "killa track" personally but i certainly prefer this to Redbone which i really struggled to get into.

This is America is quirky and its become more than just a song, it's become a statement to many people. I also think the overacting in the music video with all those weird faces is purposely intended to be funny. Very few music videos manage to be entertaining and shocking simultaneously but Donald Glover has achieved just that.
JakeP
Manager

Postby JakeP » Sat May 19, 2018 10:06 am

Top10 wrote:... And nobody said you're not right. :D
OMG! :o :lol:
JakeP
Manager

Postby JakeP » Sat May 19, 2018 8:08 pm

JakeP Top 20 (19th May 2018)

01 (NE) Eleni Foureira - Fuego [1 wk] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
02 (NE) Elina Nechayeva - La forza [1 wk] [#2]
03 (NE) Christina Aguilera featuring Demi Lovato - Fall in line [1 wk] [#3]
04 (02) Christina Aguilera - Twice [2 wks] [#2]
05 (01) Céline Dion - Ashes [3 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
06 (08) Years & Years - If you’re over me [2 wks] [#6]
07 (04) Ariana Grande - No tears left to cry [5 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
08 (03) Florence + The Machine - Hunger [3 wks] [#2]
09 (09) Childish Gambino - This is America [2 wks] [#9]
10 (RE) Saara Aalto - Monsters [4 wks] [#5]
11 (05) Troye Sivan - Bloom [3 wks] [#3]
12 (07) Shawn Mendes featuring Khalid - Youth [3 wks] [#7]
13 (NE) Madame Monsieur - Mercy [1 wk] [#13]
14 (NE) Ryan O’Shaughnessy - Together [1 wk] [#14]
15 (NE) Netta - Toy [1 wk] [#15]
16 (06) Jess Glynne - I’ll be there [2 wks] [#6]
17 (NE) Backstreet Boys - Don’t go breaking my heart [1 wk] [#17]
18 (NE) Mélovin - Under the ladder [1 wk] [#18]
19 (NE) Rasmussen - Higher ground [1 wk] [#19]
20 (NE) Jessica Mauboy - We got love [1 wk] [#20]

The Hit Seeker

Clean Bandit featuring Demi Lovato - Solo
JakeP
Manager

Postby phoenix98 » Wed May 23, 2018 5:30 pm

JakeP wrote:LOL i looked at that and the first thing i thought of was Xo by Beyoncé, probably because i randomly listened to the song the other night. :lol:
Aw, "XO" is so gorgeous <3 It's been too long since I've re-visited that one (or that whole album, actually). I like "Drunk In Love," but it was kind of a shame how it totally eclipsed "XO" on the charts/in terms of general buzz at the time.

JakeP wrote:PILLOWTALK remains Zayn's most successful single in my chart even though he's had a fairly successful hit record, his collabs with both Taylor Swift and Sia didn't really have a huge impact on me. Hmm Liam Payne is still underwhelming although Familiar is growing on me slowly, not enough to dent my next chart but it might appear next week if it keeps growing on me. Flicker is such a solid gold album and i've been checking So long this week after it was uploaded on YouTube. It never made the album but would love to this become a new single.
:o "So Long" is lovely! Thanks for sharing that. Maybe it'll make it onto album #2? A Flicker re-release would probably make more sense than rushing out his next album already, but I couldn't handle if they re-released Flicker with new singles without making "Seeing Blind" one first! :lol:

JakeP wrote:...but that's the perfect time to start recording, not stop. :evil: :lol:
:lol: Maybe that footage will "leak" if Charlie's success really starts slipping... ;)

JakeP wrote:I love Frankie & Benny's :lol: :oops: I just love italian food so pizza or pasta is my ultimate love. <3 Manchester is almost on my doorstep. :lol: I live about half a mile outside the city centre so its not too bad whenever i'm on a night out as its close to home. That said i'm such a lightweight drinker i tend to avoid alcohol as i just don't like the taste of it. :oops: :lol:
Ooh...that restaurant's a new one on me! Sadly, it looks like there's none in the States :( Their website tells me that "your nearest restaurant is 4960.40 miles away" :x :lol: I'm basically always in the mood for Italian, so that sounds like a brilliant choice! I didn't realize you were THAT close to downtown Manchester - which is awesome! It sounds like you've got super-easy access to all that city life offers, but with the comfort of actually living in a more peaceful area, not constantly surrounded by all the hustle-n-bustle. Aw, someone just needs to find the right drink for you ;) You're certainly allowed to get a little (or very) drunk on your birthday (especially the big 3-0).

JakeP wrote:Ahh wies minds think alike. :wink: I really haven't got into Happier at all since the music video was released. Sometimes a music video can give the song a boost but in this instance there's just nothing. I think Ed has suffered from being too much of an omnipresence so its like i want something different now. :P
Yeah, can't argue with that. Although a part of me still wishes that "New Man" could get a chance, it's probably...definitely...best for Ed to lie low for a while after "Happier" has run its course.

JakeP wrote:I think I'll be there is more of a slow burner. It's not the most instance track but it does have an endearing quality that slowly draws people in. I can see Jess climbing into the UK top 10 in the next week or two as she's doing well on iTunes and is rising on Spotify. Jess secured her place in the top 10 quite comfortably as she had the added benefit of a full week to get those plays. :lol: I've seen a number of UK Mixers slating Hold my hand but its still by far my favourite of all her solo singles.
Aw, does poor "Hold My Hand" have a bad rap around here? It's so sweet and inoffensive! Sometimes I can't wrap my head around the things people chastise (or voraciously defend) :lol: Admittedly, I'm not very familiar with most of the other singles off her debut, so maybe people just think HMH pales in comparison to those...?

JakeP wrote:Ohh i've not not checked out Charlie's album. Which album tracks are your personal highlights? :D Charlie has ended up quite unlucky as his last three appearances in my chart have all ended up entering at #12. :lol:
The standouts for me have been "Slow It Down" and "Somebody Told Me"...but a handful of the tracks that I hadn't heard before proved to be surprisingly satisfying!

JakeP wrote:01 (NE) Eleni Foureira - Fuego [1 wk] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
02 (NE) Elina Nechayeva - La forza [1 wk] [#2]
03 (NE) Christina Aguilera featuring Demi Lovato - Fall in line [1 wk] [#3]
04 (02) Christina Aguilera - Twice [2 wks] [#2]
05 (01) Céline Dion - Ashes [3 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
06 (08) Years & Years - If you’re over me [2 wks] [#6]
07 (04) Ariana Grande - No tears left to cry [5 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
08 (03) Florence + The Machine - Hunger [3 wks] [#2]
09 (09) Childish Gambino - This is America [2 wks] [#9]
10 (RE) Saara Aalto - Monsters [4 wks] [#5]
11 (05) Troye Sivan - Bloom [3 wks] [#3]
12 (07) Shawn Mendes featuring Khalid - Youth [3 wks] [#7]
15 (NE) Netta - Toy [1 wk] [#15]
16 (06) Jess Glynne - I’ll be there [2 wks] [#6]
17 (NE) Backstreet Boys - Don’t go breaking my heart [1 wk] [#17]
20 (NE) Jessica Mauboy - We got love [1 wk] [#20]
• I've never watched/followed Eurovision before (I'm honestly not sure how :oops: I don't think it's broadcast on TV in the US at all, but maybe it's streamed online somewhere? It seems like Akini watched it all, and he's outside Europe, so it must be accessible somehow.) I've just checked out a few of the songs that I've seen dominating my favorite personal charts, and "Fuego" is probably my favorite of that bunch :o I'll be adding it ASAP!
• Really glad to see "If You're Over Me" manage to climb amidst all the Eurovision excitement!
• Looks like you're not too crazy about the actual winner, though? :lol:
• I was pretty excited when I saw a new BSB song at No. 1 on US iTunes (granted, only for a very brief while)...but the track itself turned out to be a letdown. :(
• "We Got Love" is making a pretty positive first impression! I've seen Jessica's name around before (well, mostly on the ARIA charts), but I've yet to give her stuff a chance. If this track is any indication of her usual output, I may have been missing out...

Yet another sizzlin' chart, Jake! :D
phoenix98
Legend

Postby JakeP » Sat May 26, 2018 5:06 pm

phoenix98 wrote:Aw, "XO" is so gorgeous <3 It's been too long since I've re-visited that one (or that whole album, actually). I like "Drunk In Love," but it was kind of a shame how it totally eclipsed "XO" on the charts/in terms of general buzz at the time.
I preferred Xo over Drunk in love but it wasn't until Lemonade when Beyoncé really made her impact on my charts.

LOL this seems really random to be talking about Beyoncé. Is she going to release a new single or album soon to make this discussion seem relevant? :lol: :P

phoenix98 wrote: :o "So Long" is lovely! Thanks for sharing that. Maybe it'll make it onto album #2? A Flicker re-release would probably make more sense than rushing out his next album already, but I couldn't handle if they re-released Flicker with new singles without making "Seeing Blind" one first! :lol:
I need So long to be released as a single. Someone uploaded the whole show on YouTube so i watched that the other night. I can't help but adore Niall and how despite all his success he remains as unassuming and charming as ever before. <3 Plus, he really has blossomed into the sexiest guy from One Direction imo (Liam is second :wink: ). Niall talked about So long saying it didn't make the album because he wasn't happy with the initial version, and that the song only developed after the album release. Considering i bought Flicker, a reissue would be a shame as i wouldn't buy the album again just to get some extra songs. If they're amazing i would buy them on iTunes. :D LOL we both want Seeing blind as a single but i suspect it's not going to happen. I even think the title track off the album would make a wonderful single as its such a gorgeous heartwarming ballad.

phoenix98 wrote: :lol: Maybe that footage will "leak" if Charlie's success really starts slipping... ;)
It better leak. Charlie and Adam both look incredibly hot (steamy sexilicious) in that video so a part 2 is a must. :lol: If Charlie's success was to start slipping, then that leak should be turned into an official music video. Instant #1 JakeP Top 20 material. :P :lol:

phoenix98 wrote:Ooh...that restaurant's a new one on me! Sadly, it looks like there's none in the States :( Their website tells me that "your nearest restaurant is 4960.40 miles away" :x :lol: I'm basically always in the mood for Italian, so that sounds like a brilliant choice! I didn't realize you were THAT close to downtown Manchester - which is awesome! It sounds like you've got super-easy access to all that city life offers, but with the comfort of actually living in a more peaceful area, not constantly surrounded by all the hustle-n-bustle. Aw, someone just needs to find the right drink for you ;) You're certainly allowed to get a little (or very) drunk on your birthday (especially the big 3-0).
Gosh! :o I find that really surprising that you don't have Frankie & Benny's in America. I just did a Google search and indeed they're only based in the UK. I honestly thought they has restaurants all over the world. :oops: :( It is useful especially working in the city centre too so not having to rely on public transport as its abysmal at times. :roll: Ohh there is a perfect drink; cheeky vimto! :lol: Although its not something i would drink all night long, i just opt for cola or Pepsi. :wink:

phoenix98 wrote:Yeah, can't argue with that. Although a part of me still wishes that "New Man" could get a chance, it's probably...definitely...best for Ed to lie low for a while after "Happier" has run its course.
I have to admit i expected Happier to have been more successful as a single than it appears to have. Then again, considering how much the album sold last year i'd say anyone who wanted this song would've already had it on the album. Although even on Spotify its doesn't seem to have appealed to regular streamers.

phoenix98 wrote:Aw, does poor "Hold My Hand" have a bad rap around here? It's so sweet and inoffensive! Sometimes I can't wrap my head around the things people chastise (or voraciously defend) :lol: Admittedly, I'm not very familiar with most of the other singles off her debut, so maybe people just think HMH pales in comparison to those...?
I read comments in the pop forum where Hold my hand was getting a bad rep, but its one of my absolute favourite uplifting anthems. <3 I'll be there cracked the UK top 10 climbing to #6 yesterday, and its still doing well on iTunes and continuing its ascent up Spotify. Maybe Jess Glynne will be the one who topples Calvin & Dua off the UK #1 spot. :wink: As for your second point, i think once a song has gained so much popularity and becomes for e.g. a radio staple people start to get bored of hearing those songs. If you go into the games forum, i like to take part in those survivor game threads but it always seems like some UK Mix members are eager to vote out the more popular songs first which tends to lead to seriously underwhelming winners in some cases. *shrugs* :-? :lol:

phoenix98 wrote:The standouts for me have been "Slow It Down" and "Somebody Told Me"...but a handful of the tracks that I hadn't heard before proved to be surprisingly satisfying!
Ohh nice. I shall give those a listen after i've posted this comment. I think the whole of Charlie's album has been uploaded to YouTube so if i get chance, i will go through the songs and see if any of the album tracks appeal to me. :D

phoenix98 wrote:• I've never watched/followed Eurovision before (I'm honestly not sure how :oops: I don't think it's broadcast on TV in the US at all, but maybe it's streamed online somewhere? It seems like Akini watched it all, and he's outside Europe, so it must be accessible somehow.) I've just checked out a few of the songs that I've seen dominating my favorite personal charts, and "Fuego" is probably my favorite of that bunch :o I'll be adding it ASAP!
• Really glad to see "If You're Over Me" manage to climb amidst all the Eurovision excitement!
• Looks like you're not too crazy about the actual winner, though? :lol:
• I was pretty excited when I saw a new BSB song at No. 1 on US iTunes (granted, only for a very brief while)...but the track itself turned out to be a letdown. :(
• "We Got Love" is making a pretty positive first impression! I've seen Jessica's name around before (well, mostly on the ARIA charts), but I've yet to give her stuff a chance. If this track is any indication of her usual output, I may have been missing out...

Yet another sizzlin' chart, Jake! :D
I'm sure you've had a mild interest in the contest before. I'm sure you praised Dami Im for her incredible vocal performance in 2016 when she represented Australia with Sound of silence. :wink: Fuego has been quite comfortably my favourite song from this years contest and i really wanted Cyprus to win, so admittedly i was disappointed when Eleni finished 2nd. That said, i do think Israel was a deserved winner as Netta definitely stood out and its been a good number of years since a fun upbeat song like Toy won. Personally, i still think its more of a novelty song with its chicken noises even though there is a powerful message in the lyrics.

Years & Years had a whole week to capitalise on their #8 entry the previous week. I was also pleasantly surprised to realise that this has already outpeaked Sanctify in the UK charts, but in this instance there's a good chance If you're over me could keep climbing in the coming weeks. I have to say, that final shot in the video where Olly is curled up on the bed wearing just a pair of black briefs has already got me anticipating where the story progresses in the next music video. I'd be more than happy to see a bit more flesh for the third instalment. :wink: :P

I think the new Backstreet Boys single is pretty decent. It made enough impact in 24 hours to enter my chart last weekend and that effect tends to linger into the new tracking week so its safe to say already that Don't go breaking my heart will secure a second week in my chart but the guys won't have climbed that much.

Ohh i'd never heard of Jessica Mauboy prior to her representing Australia. :oops: I do like We got love particularly the studio version but those live performances didn't really help the song in the end. Sometimes when artists oversing, they end up sounding so screechy its uncomfortable to listen to, and whilst Jessica wasn't that bad she still ended up highlighting her vocal flaws which is a shame. Had she kept her performances vocally understated and sang just like the studio recording it might've worked in her favour.
JakeP
Manager

Postby JakeP » Sat May 26, 2018 8:32 pm

JakeP Top 20 (26th May 2018)

01 (NE) Clean Bandit featuring Demi Lovato - Solo [1 wk] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
02 (NE) George Ezra - Shotgun [1 wk] [#2]
03 (01) Eleni Foureira - Fuego [2 wks] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
04 (03) Christina Aguilera featuring Demi Lovato - Fall in line [2 wks] [#3]
05 (05) Céline Dion - Ashes [4 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
06 (06) Years & Years - If you’re over me [3 wks] [#6]
07 (07) Ariana Grande - No tears left to cry [6 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
08 (12) Shawn Mendes featuring Khalid - Youth [4 wks] [#7]
09 (08) Florence + The Machine - Hunger [4 wks] [#2]
10 (04) Christina Aguilera - Twice [3 wks] [#2]
11 (11) Troye Sivan - Bloom [4 wks] [#3]
12 (NE) Kygo & Miguel - Remind me to forget [1 wk] [#12]
13 (16) Jess Glynne - I’ll be there [3 wks] [#6]
14 (RE) Kylie Minogue - Raining glitter [7 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
15 (17) Backstreet Boys - Don’t go breaking my heart [2 wks] [#15]
16 (02) Elina Nechayeva - La forza [2 wks] [#2]
17 (NE) Disclosure featuring Fatoumata Diawara - Ultimatum [1 wk] [#17]
18 (09) Childish Gambino - This is America [3 wks] [#9]
19 (NE) Liam Payne & J Balvin - Familiar [1 wk] [#19]
20 (RE) Kylie Minogue featuring Gente De Zona - Stop me from falling [11 wks] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)

The Hit Seeker

Loud Luxury featuring brando - Body
JakeP
Manager

Postby phoenix98 » Wed May 30, 2018 6:15 pm

JakeP wrote:LOL this seems really random to be talking about Beyoncé. Is she going to release a new single or album soon to make this discussion seem relevant? :lol: :P
:lol: Not that I know of, but we might be due for one soon-ish, since it's been over 2 years since she served us Lemonade. We just got on that random B tangent after I sent you some x's and o's the other week. ;)

JakeP wrote:I need So long to be released as a single. Someone uploaded the whole show on YouTube so i watched that the other night. I can't help but adore Niall and how despite all his success he remains as unassuming and charming as ever before. <3 Plus, he really has blossomed into the sexiest guy from One Direction imo (Liam is second :wink: ). Niall talked about So long saying it didn't make the album because he wasn't happy with the initial version, and that the song only developed after the album release. Considering i bought Flicker, a reissue would be a shame as i wouldn't buy the album again just to get some extra songs. If they're amazing i would buy them on iTunes. :D LOL we both want Seeing blind as a single but i suspect it's not going to happen. I even think the title track off the album would make a wonderful single as its such a gorgeous heartwarming ballad.
:cry: :cry: :cry: It seems like it'd make even MORE sense to push "Seeing Blind" now, after the success of "The Middle" really put Maren's name out there (on a global level). It would be nice to get a studio version of "So Long", though, so I'm curious/eager to see what his next move will be: Flicker re-release with "So Long"? Brand-new album (with or without "So Long") in 2018? Taking a break until 2019? Suspense!

JakeP wrote:It better leak. Charlie and Adam both look incredibly hot (steamy sexilicious) in that video so a part 2 is a must. :lol: If Charlie's success was to start slipping, then that leak should be turned into an official music video. Instant #1 JakeP Top 20 material. :P :lol:
Based on how "Done For Me" has been under-performing (and "How Long" didn't exactly set the charts on fire), we might get a skin-tastic, attention-grabbing video to salvage the era soon enough... ;)

JakeP wrote:Gosh! :o I find that really surprising that you don't have Frankie & Benny's in America. I just did a Google search and indeed they're only based in the UK. I honestly thought they has restaurants all over the world. :oops: :( It is useful especially working in the city centre too so not having to rely on public transport as its abysmal at times. :roll: Ohh there is a perfect drink; cheeky vimto! :lol: Although its not something i would drink all night long, i just opt for cola or Pepsi. :wink:
After a quick Wiki search, that sounds totally tasty! I'd be down to try a glass (or two...)

JakeP wrote:I have to admit i expected Happier to have been more successful as a single than it appears to have. Then again, considering how much the album sold last year i'd say anyone who wanted this song would've already had it on the album. Although even on Spotify its doesn't seem to have appealed to regular streamers.
Yeah, I don't think "Happier" has re-entered the official UK chart or Hot 100 since becoming an official single/the video dropped :-? Not that I'm too gutted, but it's looking like this massive era might close on a fairly floppy note (though "Happier" did at least secure some decent peaks on various charts back when the album first dropped).

JakeP wrote:I read comments in the pop forum where Hold my hand was getting a bad rep, but its one of my absolute favourite uplifting anthems. <3 I'll be there cracked the UK top 10 climbing to #6 yesterday, and its still doing well on iTunes and continuing its ascent up Spotify. Maybe Jess Glynne will be the one who topples Calvin & Dua off the UK #1 spot. :wink: As for your second point, i think once a song has gained so much popularity and becomes for e.g. a radio staple people start to get bored of hearing those songs. If you go into the games forum, i like to take part in those survivor game threads but it always seems like some UK Mix members are eager to vote out the more popular songs first which tends to lead to seriously underwhelming winners in some cases. *shrugs* :-? :lol:
Ah, so "Hold My Hand" might've suffered from the over-exposure of being a No. 1 UK smash. Ha, yeah, Survivors are interesting experiences. I don't participate too often (since I don't check the Games section too often), but sometimes they start way too soon after an album drops, or contain a ton of random songs that I don't know well/at all, so voting would essentially be a matter of ranking my first impressions :lol: **Shrug** indeed.

JakeP wrote:Ohh nice. I shall give those a listen after i've posted this comment. I think the whole of Charlie's album has been uploaded to YouTube so if i get chance, i will go through the songs and see if any of the album tracks appeal to me. :D
NoOoO rush/pressure, but I'm curious to see how the album fares with you! Granted, I guess I'll know based on how many tracks (if any) show up on your next chart...

JakeP wrote:I'm sure you've had a mild interest in the contest before. I'm sure you praised Dami Im for her incredible vocal performance in 2016 when she represented Australia with Sound of silence. :wink: Fuego has been quite comfortably my favourite song from this years contest and i really wanted Cyprus to win, so admittedly i was disappointed when Eleni finished 2nd. That said, i do think Israel was a deserved winner as Netta definitely stood out and its been a good number of years since a fun upbeat song like Toy won. Personally, i still think its more of a novelty song with its chicken noises even though there is a powerful message in the lyrics.
Ah, I didn't phrase that very well: I've checked out some entries from previous years, but I've never actually watched/actively followed the competition, rooting for particular entries along the way. Maybe I'll see if it's possible to properly follow along somehow from here in the States in 2019. I didn't know Eleni had finished second until I read your comment here, so at least your fave gave Netta a run for her money! ;)

JakeP wrote:Years & Years had a whole week to capitalise on their #8 entry the previous week. I was also pleasantly surprised to realise that this has already outpeaked Sanctify in the UK charts, but in this instance there's a good chance If you're over me could keep climbing in the coming weeks. I have to say, that final shot in the video where Olly is curled up on the bed wearing just a pair of black briefs has already got me anticipating where the story progresses in the next music video. I'd be more than happy to see a bit more flesh for the third instalment. :wink: :P
Olly definitely seems to be fully owning/embracing his sex appeal lately, and I whole-heartedly support that! 8-)

JakeP wrote:01 (NE) Clean Bandit featuring Demi Lovato - Solo [1 wk] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
13 (16) Jess Glynne - I’ll be there [3 wks] [#6]
20 (RE) Kylie Minogue featuring Gente De Zona - Stop me from falling [11 wks] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
• SO happy that "Solo" has united the trio of you, Tansike, and me :cry: I wasn't sure how others would react/respond to it, since I thought all the random sound effects might just seem annoying to some listeners, but I think it all works pretty brilliantly! So their seven Jakeboard No. 1's = "Rather Be," "Tears," "Rockabye," "Symphony," "Solo," and..."Real Love"? "Stronger"? Pretty sure "Disconncet" and "I Miss You" missed out. I've probably asked this before, but now that Clean Bandit have racked up a very impressive seven, who has the most chart-toppers overall?
• Lovin' the Kylie re-entries <3 Looks like "Stop Me From Falling" is among the longest-lasting hits of 2018 :D Not quite on the same level as runaway-smash "Dancing," but up there with "Paradise, "Make Me Feel"...
• Speaking of "Paradise," George is looking pretty adorable in the "Shotgun" lyric video! On first listen, it's not hitting me quite as hard as "Paradise," but he certainly has an ear for catchy melodies!

Yet another chart that's in a class of its own, Jake! :D
phoenix98
Legend

Postby heppolo » Wed May 30, 2018 6:26 pm

That's a huge drop.
heppolo
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:20 pm

"Solo" is growing on me. It feels like since "Rockabye", Clean Bandit have just been unable to do any wrong for me. I just checked out "Shotgun", and that one's nice. "Fuego" is a bop - one of the top five ESC songs this year - and "Fall in Line" is a great feminist anthem. "If You're Over Me" and "Bloom" were so pedestrian for me the first time I heard them, especially in relation to their predecessor singles, but they're both growing on me.

Franklin’s music profoundly touched and changed the world, because over and over it offered that bridge to salvation, to freedom.
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby JakeP » Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:07 am

phoenix98 wrote: :lol: Not that I know of, but we might be due for one soon-ish, since it's been over 2 years since she served us Lemonade. We just got on that random B tangent after I sent you some x's and o's the other week. ;)
We know Beyoncé has a tendency to release new music completely out of the blue to create more hype and attention. You can send me as many xoxo's as you like. :wink:

phoenix98 wrote: :cry: :cry: :cry: It seems like it'd make even MORE sense to push "Seeing Blind" now, after the success of "The Middle" really put Maren's name out there (on a global level). It would be nice to get a studio version of "So Long", though, so I'm curious/eager to see what his next move will be: Flicker re-release with "So Long"? Brand-new album (with or without "So Long") in 2018? Taking a break until 2019? Suspense!
I totally agree with you, and considering they were touring together i really thought it was a no brainer to release Seeing blind as a single. Unless Niall's team were worried that the success of the song would put more of the spotlight on Maren after the success of The middle. Really baffling if that were to be the case. Yes, if they released a studio version of So long that sounded identical that performance, i would the track without hesitation. I hope it doesn't end up just becoming a song performed on tour and never actually available to download/stream. Would seem like another wasted opportunity. :cry:

LOL who knows what's going to happen. The rise of streaming services has led to a major shift in the music industry. As we've discussed previously, nowadays record companies release several tracks just to see if one of them sticks with the public. Then that song gets all the attention once its been approved by the public. :lol:

phoenix98 wrote:Based on how "Done For Me" has been under-performing (and "How Long" didn't exactly set the charts on fire), we might get a skin-tastic, attention-grabbing video to salvage the era soon enough... ;)
Which reminds me i still need to check out those tracks you recommended. :oops: See, had Charlie already released a "skin-tastic" music video for one of those album tracks i would've been checking it out within hours of release. :lol: :P

phoenix98 wrote:After a quick Wiki search, that sounds totally tasty! I'd be down to try a glass (or two...)
I will always have one of my close friends who i've known since college for introducing me to the world of cheeky vimto. They are so delicious but i couldn't drink just them all night long. :oops: :lol:

phoenix98 wrote:Yeah, I don't think "Happier" has re-entered the official UK chart or Hot 100 since becoming an official single/the video dropped :-? Not that I'm too gutted, but it's looking like this massive era might close on a fairly floppy note (though "Happier" did at least secure some decent peaks on various charts back when the album first dropped).
To be honest, i'm surprised Ed Sheeran hasn't gone down the Perfect route by releasing some new versions of the song with different featured artists. It's the only way Happier could become a hit now although i still think its a cop out when songs rely of several versions to get a #1 hit. If one version can't achieve it, then surely that suggests it's not #1 worthy. :P (unless it's a song i love then i'm totally for it :lol: )

phoenix98 wrote:Ah, so "Hold My Hand" might've suffered from the over-exposure of being a No. 1 UK smash. Ha, yeah, Survivors are interesting experiences. I don't participate too often (since I don't check the Games section too often), but sometimes they start way too soon after an album drops, or contain a ton of random songs that I don't know well/at all, so voting would essentially be a matter of ranking my first impressions :lol: **Shrug** indeed.
It would appear so but there's a very eclectic range of tastes across UK Mix which i actually adore even if i personally don't find others favourites quite as appealing. I've always described my musical tastes as "radio friendly" :lol: but its always cool whenever i discover a song in another chart that i end up loving. It just so happens to be Tansike's chart where this happens but then again we both have similar tastes in music so its more understandable. <3

As for the survivor games, i wouldn't say i actively take part them and make sure i get my votes in. I only ever go into the games forum if there's not much going on in other forums.

phoenix98 wrote:Ah, I didn't phrase that very well: I've checked out some entries from previous years, but I've never actually watched/actively followed the competition, rooting for particular entries along the way. Maybe I'll see if it's possible to properly follow along somehow from here in the States in 2019. I didn't know Eleni had finished second until I read your comment here, so at least your fave gave Netta a run for her money! ;)
Oh! :oops: I understand what you mean now. My bad. :lol: I'm sure there are ways to live stream tv shows, usually they stream events on YouTube. Yes, Eleni finished in 2nd place which is still incredible and its certainly helped raise her public profile. She's going to be busy this month as she's performing at several pride events in Spain and she's also coming to perform at London pride, although i won't be going purely because of work commitments. :( Actually, Netta won by a fair considerable amount of points so it wasn't even close in the end, about 100 points between them which is quite a gap between the top 2. :o

phoenix98 wrote:Olly definitely seems to be fully owning/embracing his sex appeal lately, and I whole-heartedly support that! 8-)
Ohh yes, it's providing me with some amazing shots from the music videos that i find incredibly sexy to watch. These music videos are certainly a lot more homoerotic compared to the likes of King and Shine and i love it. :P

phoenix98 wrote:• SO happy that "Solo" has united the trio of you, Tansike, and me :cry: I wasn't sure how others would react/respond to it, since I thought all the random sound effects might just seem annoying to some listeners, but I think it all works pretty brilliantly! So their seven Jakeboard No. 1's = "Rather Be," "Tears," "Rockabye," "Symphony," "Solo," and..."Real Love"? "Stronger"? Pretty sure "Disconncet" and "I Miss You" missed out. I've probably asked this before, but now that Clean Bandit have racked up a very impressive seven, who has the most chart-toppers overall?
• Lovin' the Kylie re-entries <3 Looks like "Stop Me From Falling" is among the longest-lasting hits of 2018 :D Not quite on the same level as runaway-smash "Dancing," but up there with "Paradise, "Make Me Feel"...
• Speaking of "Paradise," George is looking pretty adorable in the "Shotgun" lyric video! On first listen, it's not hitting me quite as hard as "Paradise," but he certainly has an ear for catchy melodies!

Yet another chart that's in a class of its own, Jake! :D
Solo was #1 with ease although it also had the benefit of a full week of airplay to help its way to the top. Today we can also include Akini to Club Solo. So happy as well that Clean Bandit have gone top 10 and i can see this continuing to climb up over the coming weeks. :D Yes indeed, they are the seven #1s for Clean Bandit which is extraordinary...although oddly ironic seeing as their single Extraordinary only peaked at #20. :lol: Disconnect got to #8 whilst I miss you fared better peaking at #6.

Gosh, i've had to work out which artists have had the most #1 singles since i started my chart in 2013, and here's the top 5. :D

1. Clean Bandit (7)
2. Coldplay (6)
3. Little Mix (5)
4. Calvin Harris (4)
5. Sia (4)

Katy Perry technically also has 4 #1s but was a featured artist on Feels whilst Calvin Harris and Sia were the lead artist with their 4 chart toppers. So yes, Clean Bandit now hold the record for most chart toppers with Coldplay just below them. It's also pretty remarkable that its mainly british acts making up the top 5.

Kylie's absence wasn't going to last long once the eurovision effect wore off. Plus this week marked Kylie's 50th birthday with the music video release for Golden which is likely to re-enter high up in my new chart tonight. :wink:

I'm just so happy that George Ezra is enjoying so much success as it always felt like he had to take a back step whilst Ed Sheeran and Sam Smith got all the attention in 2014. With gems like Paradise and now Shotgun, the success is richly deserved imo. :D
JakeP
Manager

Postby JakeP » Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:11 am

heppolo wrote:16 (02) Elina Nechayeva - La forza [2 wks] [#2]

That's a huge drop.
The post-eurovison effect tends to happen like this. The week after the grand final is when all my favourites all compete for a place in my top 20 so La forza did incredibly well to enter at #2.

Fuego has remained as the one song i still keep going back to for repeated plays hence why it's holding up so strongly. :wink:
JakeP
Manager

Postby JakeP » Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:21 am

JSparksFan wrote:"Solo" is growing on me. It feels like since "Rockabye", Clean Bandit have just been unable to do any wrong for me. I just checked out "Shotgun", and that one's nice. "Fuego" is a bop - one of the top five ESC songs this year - and "Fall in Line" is a great feminist anthem. "If You're Over Me" and "Bloom" were so pedestrian for me the first time I heard them, especially in relation to their predecessor singles, but they're both growing on me.

Hey Akini :D

I posted in your chart thread earlier and was loving seeing Solo as your #1 song of the day. <3 Funny you pinpoint Rockabye as their turning point. The guys have had an incredible run of seven #1 singles dating back to Real love in 2014. Only two singles in that time didn't quite have what it needed to go all the way to #1 in my chart.

Shotgun really is a cute track. George has got so much personality alongside his great writing abilities so it's great to see his music getting success.

Fuego will remain one of my defining eurovison moments. It's a shame that songs tagged with "eurovision" don't get the support they deserve to become a bonafide chart hit. :(

Fall in line was actually fortunate that its music video was released towards the end of last week as it looked like it was going drop out of my top 5, but then after watching the music video it helped to revitalise my interest in the song so managed to get another week top 5. It probably will drop out though tonight.

I'm so happy you've come round to Bloom and If you're over me. Years & Years are looking set to hold up nicely once again in my new chart whilst Troye should also get another week in the top 20. :D
JakeP
Manager

Postby Colbie » Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:50 am

Lots of ones that i like!

Colbie
Superstar

Postby JakeP » Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:46 pm

Colbie wrote:Lots of ones that i like!

Thanks Colbie :D

My latest top 2 are easily my favourite two songs around at the moment. <3
JakeP
Manager

Postby JakeP » Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:46 pm

JakeP Top 20 (2nd June 2018)

01 (01) Clean Bandit featuring Demi Lovato - Solo [2 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
02 (02) George Ezra - Shotgun [2 wks] [#2]
03 (RE) Kylie Minogue - Golden [5 wks] [#3]
04 (05) Céline Dion - Ashes [5 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
05 (03) Eleni Foureira - Fuego [3 wks] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
06 (06) Years & Years - If you’re over me [4 wks] [#6]
07 (07) Ariana Grande - No tears left to cry [7 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
08 (08) Shawn Mendes featuring Khalid - Youth [5 wks] [#7]
09 (NE) Christine And The Queens featuring Dâm-Funk - Damn, dis-moi [1 wk] [#9]
10 (09) Florence + The Machine - Hunger [5 wks] [#2]
11 (11) Troye Sivan - Bloom [5 wks] [#3]
12 (14) Kylie Minogue - Raining glitter [8 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
13 (04) Christina Aguilera featuring Demi Lovato - Fall in line [3 wks] [#3]
14 (12) Kygo & Miguel - Remind me to forget [2 wks] [#12]
15 (10) Christina Aguilera - Twice [4 wks] [#2]
16 (RE) Calvin Harris & Dua Lipa - One kiss [7 wks] [#3]
17 (13) Jess Glynne - I’ll be there [4 wks] [#6]
18 (NE) 5 Seconds Of Summer - Youngblood [1 wk] [#18]
19 (19) Liam Payne & J Balvin - Familiar [2 wks] [#19]
20 (NE) Selena Gomez - Back to you [1 wk] [#20]

The Hit Seeker

K-391 featuring Alan Walker, Julie Bergan & Seungri - Ignite
JakeP
Manager

Postby cheapthrills » Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:08 am

If You're Over Me was a big miss for me - I don't know why - it's a little too bouncy I guess. I really loved Sanctify and I'm hoping the next thing I hear is more a long those lines. Solo is a nice #1 - Demi is not a favorite of mine, but I've really liked Clean Bandit's recent releases. It has an Ace of Base sound to it to me - at least the verse does.
Vote for songs in the Summertime Madness Tournamentr!
cheapthrills
Superstar

Return to Personal Charts