JakeP Top 20

Moderators: tdc2000, FreakyFlyBry

 

Postby Mainshow » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:04 pm

Too much P!nk for my taste but I haven't listened to her new release yet. I think I have to buy that album next week anyway (since I will be in Poland and CDs are not that expensive there and my mother loves P!nk and begged me to give her that album as a present (thank you, TV and newspaper ads).
Anyway, I love the cover, though! I think it's her best album cover to date!

I still like your #1 and it's great to see "how Long" being stable. "Havana"'s new peak is well-deserved, it needs to be part of your Top 5 soon, though!
Nice and cute debut for "Whatever It Takes". It will surely rise, though ;)
#TeamTargaryen
User avatar
Mainshow
Legend
 
Posts: 12739
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2012
Location: Germany

Postby JakeP » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:37 pm

Mainshow wrote:Too much P!nk for my taste but I haven't listened to her new release yet. I think I have to buy that album next week anyway (since I will be in Poland and CDs are not that expensive there and my mother loves P!nk and begged me to give her that album as a present (thank you, TV and newspaper ads).
Anyway, I love the cover, though! I think it's her best album cover to date!

I still like your #1 and it's great to see "how Long" being stable. "Havana"'s new peak is well-deserved, it needs to be part of your Top 5 soon, though!
Nice and cute debut for "Whatever It Takes". It will surely rise, though ;)
Aww, i love P!nk and to be honest i haven't actually bought Beautiful trauma yet. :oops: I managed to find the songs on YouTube and was listening to the songs there. :wink: I'd say its a good album but the tracks that made my top 20 are the best of the album tracks as well as the title track, even though i hardly played song all last week. :oops: So the rest of the album will need to grow on me if those songs have any chance of entering my chart, especially if any of them get released as an official single.

I will be surprised if Where we go isn't a single at some point.

LOL tv doing its job in using the power of advertising to entice people to buy a copy whilst doing their weekly shopping. :lol: The album cover is very striking, i think Funhouse is my favourite artwork though. It looks more fun with the carousel horse. :lol:

Mabel still had a comfortable second week at #1. It's impressive just how much airplay this song seems to have had on the music channels compared to the previous. Now that Finders keepers is top 10 in the UK i think this will continue climbing.

Charlie Puth was looking likely to slip out of the top 5 but then the music video was uploaded to YouTube yesterday, and thats helped to keep How long in the top 5. :wink: Havana is slowly building up nicely, not sure whether this is destined for the top 5 as it looks like this week could be a big week for new singles and one particular album from a certain young irish guy i'm interested in checking out. :wink:

Imagine Dragons finally cracked my top 20 again thanks to the music video for Whatever it takes getting released. LOL right now i couldn't even begin to think what my next chart is gonna look like. :lol: Their previous two singles entered lower down and climbed to their peak, so this could well follow in the footsteps. :wink:
User avatar
JakeP
Manager
 
Posts: 3177
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013

Postby Mainshow » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:47 pm

Tbh, I've always been afraid of P!nk. In my head, she was always that hardcore lesbian being able to beat me up at night without mercy when I was young and a twinkful teen. And there's also something about her voice which doesn't appealing to me. I know she's a great vocalist and a true artist and a hell of a performer but I am just not a huge fan of her voice (I prefer clear, more angelic or bitchy voices). BUT.. she clearly has some amazing tunes which I can't deny. So we will see if I will get into her music with this new era. - Oh, and you should be ashamed of not having bought her new album yet. I mean, I knew you were a huge fan of hers.. that's why I am so surprised you haven't bought it yet.

"Funhouse"'s cover is indeed very amazing, too. Wasn't it that time when Take That, P!nk and Britney - they all - went for Circus-themed longplayers? - You know that I love Britney and I argue that her music was the best from all three but seriously, the album cover of "Circus" is such a mess, the epitome of a photoshop-fail and the colours are horrible as well. I have always been jealous at P!nk for having a flawless album cover (while Britney's cover was a huge flop).

Oh!!! I had no clue Charlie's music video is out! Thanks for mentioning it! I will have a look!

HAHA! Niall's album is flawless! I will also buy it in Poland (as long as I can find the Deluxe version of it). So you better expect a Top 10 debut for him in that amazing country which is - btw - a freaking underrated tourist destination!
#TeamTargaryen
User avatar
Mainshow
Legend
 
Posts: 12739
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2012
Location: Germany

Postby JakeP » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:46 pm

Mainshow wrote:Tbh, I've always been afraid of P!nk. In my head, she was always that hardcore lesbian being able to beat me up at night without mercy when I was young and a twinkful teen. And there's also something about her voice which doesn't appealing to me. I know she's a great vocalist and a true artist and a hell of a performer but I am just not a huge fan of her voice (I prefer clear, more angelic or bitchy voices). BUT.. she clearly has some amazing tunes which I can't deny. So we will see if I will get into her music with this new era. - Oh, and you should be ashamed of not having bought her new album yet. I mean, I knew you were a huge fan of hers.. that's why I am so surprised you haven't bought it yet.
Whoa! :o That's a bit harsh. :lol: My iTunes account was low on credit so thats why i never bought it, i haven't bought Niall's yet. I still feel weird using my credit card online and have always purchased those gift cards and then redeemed them to credit my account. It just feels safer to do that. :wink: I was hoping to pick one up today whilst out shopping but i've ended up being preoccupied with other things this afternoon so will pick one up when i go shopping tomorrow. :P

That said, i don't buy lots of albums anyways. I tend to download the tracks i truly love, and then if other songs grow on me then i opt for the complete my album and then i have all the songs. :D

Mainshow wrote:"Funhouse"'s cover is indeed very amazing, too. Wasn't it that time when Take That, P!nk and Britney - they all - went for Circus-themed longplayers? - You know that I love Britney and I argue that her music was the best from all three but seriously, the album cover of "Circus" is such a mess, the epitome of a photoshop-fail and the colours are horrible as well. I have always been jealous at P!nk for having a flawless album cover (while Britney's cover was a huge flop).

Oh!!! I had no clue Charlie's music video is out! Thanks for mentioning it! I will have a look!

HAHA! Niall's album is flawless! I will also buy it in Poland (as long as I can find the Deluxe version of it). So you better expect a Top 10 debut for him in that amazing country which is - btw - a freaking underrated tourist destination!
LOL you're right, i hadn't even thought of that. Funny how they all had the same theme at the same time. Wow, you really dislike the Circus cover. I wouldn't say it was that bad, and Britney still looks lovely on the cover. :P

Charlie's new music video is interesting. It does get a bit repetitive and i felt like it could've done with some additional scenes just to break it all up a bit better as its quite samey throughout. Still, if it can help sell the single then that's a good thing.

I would love to visit Poland. I've only ever seen parts of Poland on tv when they televise the annual men's cycling event Tour of Poland. I tend to look at all the scenery in the background because it all looks so breathtaking. :D Are there any particular websites you use when booking holidays? For eg, which hotels do you stay in?
User avatar
JakeP
Manager
 
Posts: 3177
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013

Postby Fan » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:10 am

Slay Mabel <3

And good to see so many Pink entries, even though my two favourite album tracks (Beautiful Trauma & Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken) are missing. Overall a good album and I Am Here is quite the tune.

Had no idea Kodaline had a new one out, need to check it out.

And woo for the Rita mention, hoping for a high entry next week.
i wanna see you on your knees, wanna see you begging
User avatar
Fan
Legend
 
Posts: 12821
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2006
Location: Spice World

Postby JakeP » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:52 pm

Fan wrote:Slay Mabel <3

And good to see so many Pink entries, even though my two favourite album tracks (Beautiful Trauma & Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken) are missing. Overall a good album and I Am Here is quite the tune.

Had no idea Kodaline had a new one out, need to check it out.

And woo for the Rita mention, hoping for a high entry next week.
I'm loving the fact that Mabel has now gone top 10 in the UK. Now i'm hoping the song can keep climbing in the coming weeks. :P

I think P!nk has done a great job with her album. Granted, i'm not sold on every single track but there are more highlights than lowlights. Ahh Wild hearts can't be broken just missed the cut so would be just outside the top 20. :( Still, the song could easily enter next week or in the coming weeks. :wink: I am here is such a great track, i've really taken to this song considering after the first couple of plays i was a bit unsure. :oops:

Yes, Kodaline showed up on my YouTube list. I love their music videos so much, they really put effort into creating something visually striking whilst having that emotional connection. When i saw the video to Brother for the time i actually got teary eyed. :cry:

Rita Ora has possibly just released her best song yet. I'm loving Anywhere so much it's definitely gonna be big in my chart. I'd love to see this become a big successful hit for Rita.
User avatar
JakeP
Manager
 
Posts: 3177
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013

Postby bluecherry » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:28 am

01 (01) Mabel featuring Kojo Funds - Finders keepers [2 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
03 (04) Paloma Faith - Crybaby [5 wks] [#2]
05 (05) Charlie Puth - How long [3 wks] [#4]
07 (09) Camila Cabello featuring Young Thug - Havana [5 wks] [#7]
08 (02) Zara Larsson featuring Nena - Only you [2 wks] [#2]
15 (13) P!nk - What about us [11 wks] [#1] (3 wks @ #1)
17 (20) Stefflon Don & French Montana - Hurtin’ me [3 wks] [#16]

- Great to see Mabel at number one again! The song re-entered my chart this week after its original release. I think its a great (albeit unexpected) top ten hit.
- 'Crybaby' however deserved a lot more chartwise in the UK, and I'm glad its been so successful on here. Have you enjoyed much of her stuff on your chart previously?
- Charlie Puth's track didn't hit me as on 'Attention's level to begin with but its suddenly clicked with me and looks set to debut on my chart in the coming weeks - the same for 'Havana' which is currently sitting at #35.
- I love this version of 'Only You' and really believe that its a greater version than the original.
- 'What About Us' striked me as watered down P!nk initially but recently I can see the charm. I'm not a fan of her latest album (especially 'Revenge') but I really hope it can grow on me (not 'Revenge' though, pigs would fly :lol: )
- 'Hurtin' Me' is one of my favourite recent songs and I really hope she can continue to break through.
User avatar
bluecherry
Manager
 
Posts: 3284
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2016

Postby luckyONE » Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:33 am

Well, I do love the amount of P!NK songs here. :lol: She'll always have a special place in my heart, she was one of the first artists I was a fan of.
Hope she can be #1 in the next week(s), too, though. :P
User avatar
luckyONE
Superstar
 
Posts: 7207
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012
Location: Germany

Postby JakeP » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:50 pm

bluecherry wrote:01 (01) Mabel featuring Kojo Funds - Finders keepers [2 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
03 (04) Paloma Faith - Crybaby [5 wks] [#2]
05 (05) Charlie Puth - How long [3 wks] [#4]
07 (09) Camila Cabello featuring Young Thug - Havana [5 wks] [#7]
08 (02) Zara Larsson featuring Nena - Only you [2 wks] [#2]
15 (13) P!nk - What about us [11 wks] [#1] (3 wks @ #1)
17 (20) Stefflon Don & French Montana - Hurtin’ me [3 wks] [#16]

- Great to see Mabel at number one again! The song re-entered my chart this week after its original release. I think its a great (albeit unexpected) top ten hit.
- 'Crybaby' however deserved a lot more chartwise in the UK, and I'm glad its been so successful on here. Have you enjoyed much of her stuff on your chart previously?
- Charlie Puth's track didn't hit me as on 'Attention's level to begin with but its suddenly clicked with me and looks set to debut on my chart in the coming weeks - the same for 'Havana' which is currently sitting at #35.
- I love this version of 'Only You' and really believe that its a greater version than the original.
- 'What About Us' striked me as watered down P!nk initially but recently I can see the charm. I'm not a fan of her latest album (especially 'Revenge') but I really hope it can grow on me (not 'Revenge' though, pigs would fly :lol: )
- 'Hurtin' Me' is one of my favourite recent songs and I really hope she can continue to break through.
Thanks bluecherry :D

Mabel is definitely gonna be one to watch in 2018. I'm loving that snippet of her new song that you hear right at the end of the Finders keepers video. I'm more surprised that i'd never heard this before earlier, it was thanks to MTV that i finally heard this gem.

Yes i agree it's such a shame that Spotify is so dominant now as its really giving more urban and r'n'b songs a boost. I would love to see more variety in the charts but whilst Spotify is in control this is never gonna happen.

I'm interested in seeing the music video to Havana, its been fascinating seeing this track come into its own over these past two months. But i'm glad it worked out this way as OMG did nothing me when the two songs were released together.

Yes, the Zara & Nena version is amazing. I thought the original version was ok but it didn't give me much replay value hence why it failed to make my chart. The new arrangement makes the song sound so much more special, almost magical in a sense.

Aww, i've been loving What about us ever since i first heard it. It was just one of those songs that clicked instantly with me. I'm inclined to agree that overall the album isn't strong throughout and as i result i've just decided to cherry pick my absolute favourites on iTunes instead. But the highlights are all amazing songs, Where we go and I am here are the two exceptional album tracks and would be my choice for the next official singles. Still not feeling Revenge, as much as i want to enjoy the song it's just not happening. :(

Hurtin' me is certainly a more quirky track. I found the lyrics funny at first, i wasn't expecting the "bacon" line but i do like this song. I think Mabel has done the far superior track though as both are quite similar in style.
User avatar
JakeP
Manager
 
Posts: 3177
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013

Postby JakeP » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:51 pm

luckyONE wrote:Well, I do love the amount of P!NK songs here. :lol: She'll always have a special place in my heart, she was one of the first artists I was a fan of.
Hope she can be #1 in the next week(s), too, though. :P
Thanks luckyONE :D

I need to check out your latest chart. Have you bought Beautiful trauma? If so, which tracks off the album are you loving?
User avatar
JakeP
Manager
 
Posts: 3177
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013

Postby phoenix98 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:15 pm

JakeP wrote:I think it was inevitable that Post Malone would be #1 in America sooner or later. Maybe the lack of an official audio or music video was what prevented rockstar from going all the way to #1 in its first week. Interesting comparison! :P I wouldn't have thought that myself but thinking about it, you're right. The overall theme of the song is similar. It might even be a slow burner and i'll eventually think the song is good enough to make my top 20 but for the time being, its not even close to consideration.

LOL not really. I really wasn't into early Justin Bieber. I think listening to Baby followed by Sorry is the most impressive. You can literally hear how much Justin has matured in both voice and sound, and i think this is why he's appealed to more people with his Purpose era. It's like Cruz Beckham when he released that christmas song last year. Bless! :lol: But when he's 18, Cruz might be in a similar position where his music appeals to more people.

The Journals era was quite forgettable, i can't even recall any of the songs he released, they certainly didn't leave much to the imagination. As long as you love me was one of my early favourite Justin songs though.
I won't shed too many tears if "Rockstar" never appears here :lol: Since the start of my personal chart, 2017 has been the year with the most Hot 100 No. 1's that never dented it ("Bad And Boujee", "HUMBLE.", "Bodak Yellow", and "Rockstar.") Before now, there had never been a year with more than two Hot 100 No. 1's that completely missed out. I guess I'm just not on the same wavelength as the Spotify crowd. (Not that that's too surprising...)

YES! SO true about Bieber. His voice on his earlier work nearly sounds like a completely different person :o The power of puberty!

"As Long As You Love Me" seems to be one of his most-praised pre-Purpose singles!

JakeP wrote:Sometimes it's fun to think which current artists might go onto become even more popular in another 18 months or 2 years time. The music industry seems to have shifted. At one time, artists would have big hits with their debut single whereas now artists are gaining popularity whilst in the charts and that leads to rappers like Post Malone having such a massive track.

Yes, 25 was outstanding. One of the few albums where i genuinely liked every track on the album. Obviously there were some songs i liked more than others. Tracks like Hello, When we were young and Water under the bridge were all outstanding songs. Then on the flip side there were songs like River lea, I miss you and Remedy that i liked but i didn't really go back and listen to them multiple times compared to other album tracks.
I do like the idea of there not being quite so much riding on the success of an act's debut single as a make-it-or-break-it moment, and instead allowing them to gain traction/exposure more gradually. Somewhat like Dua's journey over the past couple years, with ups and downs/some minor hits and major flops before smashing up a storm with "New Rules."

Ouch @ "Send My Love" not making the "outstanding" list. :cry:

JakeP wrote:I think this week's chart is gonna be a bit uneventful although Reggaetón lento could achieve a new peak of #4, i think #3 might be too much of an ask but you never know. That said, i'm delighted the JakeP effect has given Mabel a big boost into the top 10. My chart was clearly what made all the difference! :lol: :P
:lol: Just make sure to use your power responsibly.

#trendsetter

JakeP wrote:Ahh see the things about Strip that down that amuse you are the exact things that made me cringe. I just thought the whole thing was very contrived and try hard, that type of desperation to have a successful hit single. I mean it worked because it was successful, even going top 10 in America but sadly i've not been a fan ever since its release and its never come close to growing on me. For me, it's a very empty song. :(

What's worse is that i gave Bedroom floor i listen before on YouTube and i'm just amazed at how lazy Liam's music is. Get low was a good song, not anything amazing but it had a great beat to it. I really thought Liam would deliver songs that i would love, but so far he's disappointed me. :cry:
Aw, shame that he couldn't win you over with "Bedroom Floor", because it's DEFINITELY hooked me :lol: I can understand the Jason Derulo comparisons I've seen...but Jason's had his share of Paulboard hits over the years, so that's a similar sound I can certainly get behind!

It's interesting how we've gotten solo material from all five 1D members now, and they're all (at least somewhat) distinct - and none of them sound just like unreleased/rehashed 1D material either!

JakeP wrote:Crybaby might've missed out on #1 thanks to that pesky Niall Horan getting in the way with his sheer amazingness. :P :wink: But Paloma is looking set to hold up really well in my next chart. Paloma should be thankful. Other artists have had massive bitch fights just to get to #2 in my chart and fallen short. That Paloma is so ungrateful... :lol:
Ah, well said. A No. 2-peaking Jakeboard hit (with respectable longevity) is more than most performers could ever even DREAM of! Paloma could basically retire now knowing her career had value...

JakeP wrote:I managed to listen to P!nk's album on YouTube and i can't explain it but i find Revenge really corny and lacklustre. :oops: :( Yet i've heard some really solid pop songs on the album, some i've played multiple times and they're looking set to enter my new chart. I need to get some more credit for my iTunes account so i can start buying loads of tracks again. I'll just buy myself an iTunes gift card and credit my account that way. I'm so old fashioned!!!!! :lol:
:lol: Well, if it ain't broke...

I'm clearly in NO position to judge, given my own ongoing reluctance to get on board with streaming.

JakeP wrote:I saw the video to Finders keepers on MTV hits, thats how i heard the song for the first time. It clicked with me instantly and it was 59p on iTunes so it was a no brainer really and i bought the track. Funny you say that, have you heard of Neneh Cherry? She was very successful in the late 80s and 90s which suggests that Mabel could easily become the next big thing. Also if you watch the music video to Finders keepers on YouTube, right at the end theres a small preview of the next single and that sounds like its gonna be big. :o :D It's become more difficult to predict future hits because of the shift in the charts with Spotify but i do think the new Mabel single could be #1 whenever its released (likely to be early 2018). :wink: I'm just happy to see Finders keepers becoming successful for now, such a bop.
I haven't, but I can imagine it must help to have an industry vet in the family (and some exceptional vocal cords to inherit...)

JakeP wrote:Silence should definitely get another week in my top 20. LOL i never got n00dz from Adam Levine either. This is getting me all jealous. How often are you getting sent n00dz, how big is your collection and can you send me some? :lol: :wink: (Adam's pics would certainly put him back into the top 10 for sure! Now, imagine if Niall sent me his n00dz today to celebrate the release of Flicker...) :wink: :lol:
:lol: My PM-box remains completely (tragically) n00d-free, so there's definitely nothing to be jealous of there!

Ha, maybe you should've held off on sending "Too Much To Ask" to No. 1 after all, in order to gain a little more leverage with Niall ;) Granted, I guess you'll be seeing it all in person after his concert anyway...

JakeP wrote:01 (01) Mabel featuring Kojo Funds - Finders keepers [2 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
02 (NE) P!nk - Where we go [1 wk] [#2]
03 (04) Paloma Faith - Crybaby [5 wks] [#2]
04 (NE) P!nk - I am here [1 wk] [#4]
05 (05) Charlie Puth - How long [3 wks] [#4]
06 (03) Niall Horan - Too much to ask [6 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
07 (09) Camila Cabello featuring Young Thug - Havana [5 wks] [#7]
08 (02) Zara Larsson featuring Nena - Only you [2 wks] [#2]
09 (NE) P!nk - But we lost it [1 wk] [#9]
10 (06) P!nk - Whatever you want [2 wks] [#6]
11 (07) Khalid - Young dumb & broke [5 wks] [#3]
12 (12) Marshmello featuring Khalid - Silence [5 wks] [#4]
13 (08) Logic featuring Alessia Cara & Khalid - 1-800-273-8255 [8 wks] [#1] (3 wks @ #1)
15 (13) P!nk - What about us [11 wks] [#1] (3 wks @ #1)
16 (NE) Pink - Secrets [1 wk] [#16]
18 (NE) Imagine Dragons - Whatever it takes [1 wk] [#18]
19 (14) Portugal. The Man - Feel it still [15 wks] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
• "Finders Keepers" will be making its Paulboard debut in the VERY near future, so thanks again for bringing this gem to my attention! Jakeboard making careers and changing lives. :cry:
• "Where We Go" definitely grabs you with that catchy country/rock-ish chorus!
• "I Am Here" was giving me similar vibes to WWG at first, but then the chorus takes a VERY different turn :o I love that part where the pace picks back up again: "where does everybody go when they go..." I'm starting to understand why people are so upset about "Revenge", since this album clearly packs plenty of other (less divisive) single-worthy options!
• "But We Lost It" strikes me as more of a grower, but P!nk certainly slays ballads just as well as she slays stompers.
• "Secrets" is more up my alley again. It might actually be my favorite of this week's BT debuts!

Yet another chart that's full of keepers, Jake! :D
User avatar
phoenix98
Legend
 
Posts: 12724
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007

Postby Benjamin » Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:05 am

5 (05) Charlie Puth - How long [3 wks] [#4]
06 (03) Niall Horan - Too much to ask [6 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
07 (09) Camila Cabello featuring Young Thug - Havana [5 wks] [#7]
08 (02) Zara Larsson featuring Nena - Only you [2 wks] [#2]
11 (07) Khalid - Young dumb & broke [5 wks] [#3]
15 (13) P!nk - What about us [11 wks] [#1] (3 wks @ #1)
16 (NE) Pink - Secrets [1 wk] [#16]
17 (20) Stefflon Don & French Montana - Hurtin’ me [3 wks] [#16]
18 (NE) Imagine Dragons - Whatever it takes [1 wk] [#18]
19 (14) Portugal. The Man - Feel it still [15 wks] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)

Good chart! I'm rooting for Camila here. :D
Also, yay for Rita's Hit Seeker this week. What a tune.
User avatar
Benjamin
Kid At Heart
 
Posts: 54956
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005
Location: The Netherlands

Postby JakeP » Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:41 pm

phoenix98 wrote:I won't shed too many tears if "Rockstar" never appears here :lol: Since the start of my personal chart, 2017 has been the year with the most Hot 100 No. 1's that never dented it ("Bad And Boujee", "HUMBLE.", "Bodak Yellow", and "Rockstar.") Before now, there had never been a year with more than two Hot 100 No. 1's that completely missed out. I guess I'm just not on the same wavelength as the Spotify crowd. (Not that that's too surprising...)
YES! SO true about Bieber. His voice on his earlier work nearly sounds like a completely different person :o The power of puberty!

"As Long As You Love Me" seems to be one of his most-praised pre-Purpose singles!
I'm very slowly coming round to rockstar but it's never gonna be a #1 in my chart. :P Ohh you didn't like HUMBLE.? Kendrick Lamar is one of the few rappers who i'm totally on board with. It probably helps that he's featured on some of my favourite pop and r'n'b songs over the last two years so carving a special place in my chart. I never got the appeal of Bad and boujee and Bodak yellow stills leaves no impression on me. But these are so similar to a lot of the US r'n'b chart toppers of the 00s, so really things haven't changed at all. :lol: Well, who would want to be on their wavelength? :lol:

LOL i find it funny because Baby has the vocals on a kid who should be studying at school, whilst Sorry has the vocals of a sexual nature, i do think that's the sexiest Justin has sounded on one of his tracks. :wink: I still regard As long as you love me as one of the first times i was impressed with his songs. That said, i had a soft spot for One time i think that was even before Baby but i kinda enjoyed that one. :lol:

phoenix98 wrote:I do like the idea of there not being quite so much riding on the success of an act's debut single as a make-it-or-break-it moment, and instead allowing them to gain traction/exposure more gradually. Somewhat like Dua's journey over the past couple years, with ups and downs/some minor hits and major flops before smashing up a storm with "New Rules."

Ouch @ "Send My Love" not making the "outstanding" list. :cry:
Oh yes, i totally agree. That's how the music industry used to be long before i was born. Artists were nurtured within the music industry, so they could develop and gain more of an audience. Then around the mid 90s it all changed and it became more about instant success and suddenly it was important for an artists debut single to be #1 or they were seen as a flop. Quite ridiculous now looking back, but there some tragic acts getting signed in the early 00s who were destined to fail from the start. :lol:

Aww, i do love Send my love (to your new lover) but it was more of a middling track, one of the better ones though. I just never adored the song as much as some of the other album tracks.

phoenix98 wrote: :lol: Just make sure to use your power responsibly.

#trendsetter
I try my best to. :lol: :P It doesn't always pay off though, Niall Horan the poor guy getting to #3 with Flicker yet it apparently sold more copies than Zayn's album did when it went to #1. I'm calling that a moral victory. :wink:

phoenix98 wrote:Aw, shame that he couldn't win you over with "Bedroom Floor", because it's DEFINITELY hooked me :lol: I can understand the Jason Derulo comparisons I've seen...but Jason's had his share of Paulboard hits over the years, so that's a similar sound I can certainly get behind!

It's interesting how we've gotten solo material from all five 1D members now, and they're all (at least somewhat) distinct - and none of them sound just like unreleased/rehashed 1D material either!
Funnily enough the more i've listened to Bedroom floor, the more i'm hearing different singers. If the song was Jason Derulo feat. Adam Levine & Ryan Tedder i would so get that, because Liam's vocals sound like theirs at different parts of the song. Quite shameful that a british singer sounds like three american singers though. :lol: I still think Niall is releasing the best music, and yes i have taken my rose tinted glasses off. :P I genuinely think Niall's music is gonna stand the test of time much more than the music both Liam and Louis have brought out so far.

phoenix98 wrote:Ah, well said. A No. 2-peaking Jakeboard hit (with respectable longevity) is more than most performers could ever even DREAM of! Paloma could basically retire now knowing her career had value...
Paloma is really owning it with this music video trilogy (well, i think it's a trilogy). It's like when Troye Sivan did his music video trilogy in 2015. Its just that i'm not entirely sure what the storyline is supposed to be in Paloma's case, but it sure is interesting to watch. I've heard her new song Guilty and whilst i do like the song, i prefer Crybaby more as a song.

phoenix98 wrote: :lol: Well, if it ain't broke...

I'm clearly in NO position to judge, given my own ongoing reluctance to get on board with streaming.
LOL :lol: You know times have changed when i'm talking about crediting my iTunes account and calling it old fashioned. What is the world coming to? :P I will probably eventually sign up for Spotify and try the free service first but only install it on my computer. For now i'm sticking to my trusty iTunes. :D

phoenix98 wrote:I haven't, but I can imagine it must help to have an industry vet in the family (and some exceptional vocal cords to inherit...)
Oh definitely, and Neneh Cherry had some great songs of her own so she clearly knows a good tune when she hears it. Finders keepers is still amongst my favourite tracks around right now although its unlikely to be #1 tomorrow. :wink:

phoenix98 wrote: :lol: My PM-box remains completely (tragically) n00d-free, so there's definitely nothing to be jealous of there!

Ha, maybe you should've held off on sending "Too Much To Ask" to No. 1 after all, in order to gain a little more leverage with Niall ;) Granted, I guess you'll be seeing it all in person after his concert anyway...
On the topic of Silence i'm gobsmacked that its shot all the way to #3 in the UK.

Damn, you're right. :x Oh well, i'll have to make sure none of the Flicker album tracks go to #1 tomorrow. A bit of irish leverage and Niall will get that second JakeP #1 hit. :lol: :wink: LOL ohh you can count on that. There will probably be news reports the following day of a crazed fan stalking Niall and trying to get into his dressing room. :lol: :oops:

phoenix98 wrote:• "Finders Keepers" will be making its Paulboard debut in the VERY near future, so thanks again for bringing this gem to my attention! Jakeboard making careers and changing lives. :cry:
• "Where We Go" definitely grabs you with that catchy country/rock-ish chorus!
• "I Am Here" was giving me similar vibes to WWG at first, but then the chorus takes a VERY different turn :o I love that part where the pace picks back up again: "where does everybody go when they go..." I'm starting to understand why people are so upset about "Revenge", since this album clearly packs plenty of other (less divisive) single-worthy options!
• "But We Lost It" strikes me as more of a grower, but P!nk certainly slays ballads just as well as she slays stompers.
• "Secrets" is more up my alley again. It might actually be my favorite of this week's BT debuts!

Yet another chart that's full of keepers, Jake! :D
Ohh that's amazing to know. I'm so happy you've found another discovery through my chart. JakeP always here to serve the people. :D

I really love Where we go and it should hold up really well despite an influx of new entries heading for my new chart. Although I am here may suffer due to said influx, it should remain inside the top 20 although i can't even be sure of that. :o Even so, its bound to return to my chart especially if its confirmed as a future single. :wink: But we lost it is definitely the ballad that impacted me the most, whereas You get my love does nothing for me. :( I read a lot of comments in the pop forum praising Secrets and it is a great track but i don't think its as amazing as others have made it out to be.

Thanks Paul :D
User avatar
JakeP
Manager
 
Posts: 3177
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013

Postby JakeP » Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:44 pm

Benjamin wrote:5 (05) Charlie Puth - How long [3 wks] [#4]
06 (03) Niall Horan - Too much to ask [6 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
07 (09) Camila Cabello featuring Young Thug - Havana [5 wks] [#7]
08 (02) Zara Larsson featuring Nena - Only you [2 wks] [#2]
11 (07) Khalid - Young dumb & broke [5 wks] [#3]
15 (13) P!nk - What about us [11 wks] [#1] (3 wks @ #1)
16 (NE) Pink - Secrets [1 wk] [#16]
17 (20) Stefflon Don & French Montana - Hurtin’ me [3 wks] [#16]
18 (NE) Imagine Dragons - Whatever it takes [1 wk] [#18]
19 (14) Portugal. The Man - Feel it still [15 wks] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)

Good chart! I'm rooting for Camila here. :D
Also, yay for Rita's Hit Seeker this week. What a tune.
Thanks Benjamin :D

My next chart is gonna be so weird, at the start of week Camila was destined to drop down. Then the music video came out and i've been loving so Havana is gonna get a boost from the video, but its still competing with a load of new entries. I've not even started to compile my next chart so right now i can't call where Camila is gonna end up. :lol:

Ohh you can be sure that Rita Ora is gonna be one of the highest new entries tomorrow. I'm loving Anywhere so much, as you know from your own chart thread. :P
User avatar
JakeP
Manager
 
Posts: 3177
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013

Postby JakeP » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:48 pm

JakeP Top 20 (28th October 2017)

ImageImageImageImageImage

01 (NE) Rita Ora - Anywhere [1 wk] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
02 (NE) Niall Horan & Maren Morris - Seeing blind [1 wk] [#2]
03 (01) Mabel featuring Kojo Funds - Finders keepers [3 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
04 (07) Camila Cabello featuring Young Thug - Havana [7 wks] [#4]
05 (02) P!nk - Where we go [2 wks] [#2]
06 (NE) Niall Horan - Mirrors [1 wk] [#6]
07 (NE) Niall Horan - Flicker [1 wk] [#7]
08 (NE) Kygo featuring The Night Game & Maja Francis - Kids in love [1 wk] [#8]
09 (NE) Selena Gomez & Marshmello - Wolves [1 wk] [#9]
10 (NE) Niall Horan - On the loose [1 wk] [#10]
11 (05) Charlie Puth - How long [4 wks] [#4]
12 (06) Niall Horan - Too much to ask [7 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
13 (12) Marshmello featuring Khalid - Silence [6 wks] [#4]
14 (NE) Niall Horan - You and me [1 wk] [#14]
15 (NE) Niall Horan - On my own [1 wk] [#15]
16 (NE) Taylor Swift - Gorgeous [1 wk] [#16]
17 (15) P!nk - What about us [12 wks] [#1] (3 wks @ #1)
18 (03) Paloma Faith - Crybaby [6 wks] [#2]
19 (NE) Mariah Carey - The star [1 wk] [#19]
20 (NE) Liam Payne - Bedroom floor [1 wk] [#20]

The Hit Seeker

Marina Kaye - Something
User avatar
JakeP
Manager
 
Posts: 3177
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013

Postby heppolo » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:02 pm

18 (03) Paloma Faith - Crybaby [6 wks] [#2]
The drop is real.
I am kinda satisfied Niall failed to reach the #1 in the album chart in the UK, he needs to punch above his weight to really get things going.
Waffles are checked cookies
User avatar
heppolo
Legend
 
Posts: 13540
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009
Location: interchangeable

Postby JakeP » Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:45 pm

heppolo wrote:
18 (03) Paloma Faith - Crybaby [6 wks] [#2]
The drop is real.
I am kinda satisfied Niall failed to reach the #1 in the album chart in the UK, he needs to punch above his weight to really get things going.
The Niall Horan album tracks domination plus other new tracks pushed Paloma down. It wasn't that Crybaby got significantly less plays but a case of more songs getting more of my attention. If you think that's bad then P!nk's I am here went from #4 last week to around #24 for this week.

I can't say that Niall's album is a masterpiece as there are some songs that have either not clicked with me (Fire away particularly) or just not as strong as other album tracks.
User avatar
JakeP
Manager
 
Posts: 3177
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013

Postby Mainshow » Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:20 am

01 (NE) Rita Ora - Anywhere [1 wk] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
I have never been a huge fan of Rita but it's quite funny that she debuted on top of your chart today since I just watched the "90210" episode in which she had a short cameo :D

02 (NE) Niall Horan & Maren Morris - Seeing blind [1 wk] [#2]
Absolutely beautiful! Is this going to be released as a single?

03 (01) Mabel featuring Kojo Funds - Finders keepers [3 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
Holding on well!

04 (07) Camila Cabello featuring Young Thug - Havana [7 wks] [#4]
Yes! A new peak! So well-deserved!

06 (NE) Niall Horan - Mirrors [1 wk] [#6]
07 (NE) Niall Horan - Flicker [1 wk] [#7]
10 (NE) Niall Horan - On the loose [1 wk] [#10]
14 (NE) Niall Horan - You and me [1 wk] [#14]
15 (NE) Niall Horan - On my own [1 wk] [#15]
Haven't heard the rest of the album yet :D
But I am glad he's smashing!

09 (NE) Selena Gomez & Marshmello - Wolves [1 wk] [#9]
A huge disappointment. Selena can do better. This is another random and lifeless DJ collab. I didn't even bother to buy those Zedd and Kygo tracks.

11 (05) Charlie Puth - How long [4 wks] [#4]
Huge drop! - Caused by Niall? So after the album effect, it may rise again?

12 (06) Niall Horan - Too much to ask [7 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
<3 I love it

16 (NE) Taylor Swift - Gorgeous [1 wk] [#16]
My least favourite track of her current project. Hopefully, it will never be treated as a single.

20 (NE) Liam Payne - Bedroom floor [1 wk] [#20]
meh.
#TeamTargaryen
User avatar
Mainshow
Legend
 
Posts: 12739
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2012
Location: Germany

Postby cheapthrills » Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:44 am

Goodness, you are really over Paloma over, aren't you?

I'll have to check Nialls collab with Maren! Nice to see her so high. Niall looks hot af in that album cover.

It's weird to see a song ascend your chart as Havana has done. I hope she tops your chart!
Vote for your favorite Christmas songs here!
My Personal Chart - Cheapthrills' Cheap 20 :)
User avatar
cheapthrills
Manager
 
Posts: 2283
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2016
Location: Rocky Mountain High

Postby JSparksFan » Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:25 am

What a Top 5! "Anywhere" has quickly become one of my favourite (and most played) songs of the year. Just light, frothy excellence reminiscent of 2014's "I Will Never Let You Down".

"Seeing Blind" is definitely in my Top 3 Flicker songs, and "Havana" is, of course, one of the big highlights of 2017 for me. Just like the song took a few plays to really connect with me, I had to watch the video a few times to really appreciate its charm. I've even been watching all her live performances of "Havana," and I'm really amazed at how much Camila is winning me over, given how little I care(d) about Fifth Harmony.

01 (NE) Rita Ora - Anywhere [1 wk] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
02 (NE) Niall Horan & Maren Morris - Seeing blind [1 wk] [#2]
03 (01) Mabel featuring Kojo Funds - Finders keepers [3 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
04 (07) Camila Cabello featuring Young Thug - Havana [7 wks] [#4]
05 (02) P!nk - Where we go [2 wks] [#2]
07 (NE) Niall Horan - Flicker [1 wk] [#7]
10 (NE) Niall Horan - On the loose [1 wk] [#10]
11 (05) Charlie Puth - How long [4 wks] [#4]
12 (06) Niall Horan - Too much to ask [7 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
16 (NE) Taylor Swift - Gorgeous [1 wk] [#16]
17 (15) P!nk - What about us [12 wks] [#1] (3 wks @ #1)
18 (03) Paloma Faith - Crybaby [6 wks] [#2]
19 (NE) Mariah Carey - The star [1 wk] [#19]
20 (NE) Liam Payne - Bedroom floor [1 wk] [#20]
"You think your pain and your heartbreak are unprecedented in the history of the world, but then you read." - James Baldwin
User avatar
JSparksFan
Legend
 
Posts: 44681
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009
Location: Bahamas

Postby Fan » Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:26 am

JakeP wrote:I'm loving the fact that Mabel has now gone top 10 in the UK. Now i'm hoping the song can keep climbing in the coming weeks. :P

I think P!nk has done a great job with her album. Granted, i'm not sold on every single track but there are more highlights than lowlights. Ahh Wild hearts can't be broken just missed the cut so would be just outside the top 20. :( Still, the song could easily enter next week or in the coming weeks. :wink: I am here is such a great track, i've really taken to this song considering after the first couple of plays i was a bit unsure. :oops:

Yes, Kodaline showed up on my YouTube list. I love their music videos so much, they really put effort into creating something visually striking whilst having that emotional connection. When i saw the video to Brother for the time i actually got teary eyed. :cry:

Rita Ora has possibly just released her best song yet. I'm loving Anywhere so much it's definitely gonna be big in my chart. I'd love to see this become a big successful hit for Rita.
Yay! Me too. Honestly never expected her to have some sort of chart success, let alone hit the top 10! Good times. Almost everything she had released so far has been outstanding.

I think she has delivered another great record as well. Have been reading quite a lot of negative comments on her, but in general it's a very solid record!

I haven't seen any of their videos, I don't think :o I did listen to their new song and really liked it. Thanks for introducing it! Shame it's already out of your chart this week though.

And YES @ Rita entering so high. It is fast becoming my favourite Rita song as well, constantly on repeat. Such a cute, little song. The chorus especially is just divine.
Haven't heard any of Niall's stuff tbh. And I can't say I am interested to hear it either :oops: The album cover looks nice though!
And I cannot stand that Havana song. Tried to like it, but just doesn't click.
i wanna see you on your knees, wanna see you begging
User avatar
Fan
Legend
 
Posts: 12821
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2006
Location: Spice World

Postby JakeP » Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:12 pm

Mainshow wrote:01 (NE) Rita Ora - Anywhere [1 wk] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
I have never been a huge fan of Rita but it's quite funny that she debuted on top of your chart today since I just watched the "90210" episode in which she had a short cameo :D
Thanks Mainshow :D

I'm the same, this is the first time i've been so impressed with a new Rita Ora track. It's such a breezy uplifting slice of pop that i adore. LOL that's a cool coincidence. :lol:

Mainshow wrote:02 (NE) Niall Horan & Maren Morris - Seeing blind [1 wk] [#2]
Absolutely beautiful! Is this going to be released as a single?
Agreed, this was easily my favourite album track. They would be mad not to release this as a single. I know Niall and Maren are performing this at the Country music awards 2017 so with the added exposure from that, it might well be the fourth single.

Mainshow wrote:03 (01) Mabel featuring Kojo Funds - Finders keepers [3 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
Holding on well!
Definitely, its still a firm favourite of mine. :D

Mainshow wrote:04 (07) Camila Cabello featuring Young Thug - Havana [7 wks] [#4]
Yes! A new peak! So well-deserved!
The power of the music video did wonders to boost Havana as otherwise it was looking set to drop out of the top 10. The timing really made all the difference in this instance.

Mainshow wrote:06 (NE) Niall Horan - Mirrors [1 wk] [#6]
07 (NE) Niall Horan - Flicker [1 wk] [#7]
10 (NE) Niall Horan - On the loose [1 wk] [#10]
14 (NE) Niall Horan - You and me [1 wk] [#14]
15 (NE) Niall Horan - On my own [1 wk] [#15]
Haven't heard the rest of the album yet :D
But I am glad he's smashing!
I bought Flicker last weekend and have been playing it loads all week. I wasn't so bothered about listening to This town and Slow hands as i've already played these songs so many times when they were singles. I am always more interested in the album tracks. Indeed Niall has done incredibly well.

Mainshow wrote:09 (NE) Selena Gomez & Marshmello - Wolves [1 wk] [#9]
A huge disappointment. Selena can do better. This is another random and lifeless DJ collab. I didn't even bother to buy those Zedd and Kygo tracks.
Aww i actually like Wolves a lot. Had it been released last weekend this could've been challenging for a top 5 spot. Did you check out that Kygo track? I personally think Kids in love is better than Stargazing.

Mainshow wrote:11 (05) Charlie Puth - How long [4 wks] [#4]
Huge drop! - Caused by Niall? So after the album effect, it may rise again?
Oh yes, Charlie just suffered mainly because of the Niall domination. How long could easily climb again next week, it just depends on how much the Niall effect lasts over the next 7 days, plus all new singles i'm checking out too.

Mainshow wrote:12 (06) Niall Horan - Too much to ask [7 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
<3 I love it
Me too, i'm kinda saddened this didn't really take off on Spotify ( :x ) as its the most charming vocal performance i've heard Niall deliver. I loved Slow hands but couldn't work out why his vocals were all chopped up whereas this is like crème caramel to my ears. :wink:

Mainshow wrote:16 (NE) Taylor Swift - Gorgeous [1 wk] [#16]
My least favourite track of her current project. Hopefully, it will never be treated as a single.
Have to agree, i love the melody but lyrically its a bit of a step backwards for Taylor. I still now they should've been releasing ...ready for it? now alongside the video, and left Gorgeous as an album track. I'm hoping this is one of the weaker tracks otherwise i'm not gonna be on board the reputation bandwagon. :oops:

Mainshow wrote:20 (NE) Liam Payne - Bedroom floor [1 wk] [#20]
meh.
Well, yes i'm inclined to agree. I've just been bewildered/astonished at how much i hear Jason Derulo/Adam Levine/Ryan Tedder when i listen to this, and i can hardly detect a hint of Liam's voice in this song. If it was Maroon 5 featuring Jason Derulo & OneRepublic i would so get it. :lol:
User avatar
JakeP
Manager
 
Posts: 3177
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013

Postby JakeP » Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:20 pm

cheapthrills wrote:Goodness, you are really over Paloma over, aren't you?

I'll have to check Nialls collab with Maren! Nice to see her so high. Niall looks hot af in that album cover.

It's weird to see a song ascend your chart as Havana has done. I hope she tops your chart!
Thanks cheapthrills :D

Actually whilst written down it looks like i've suddenly stopped caring for Paloma, its just more a case of me listening to the higher ranked songs more last week. Tracks like Silence and What about us have been getting a lot of airplay in the UK so i've was hearing these songs quite a bit throughout the week hence they held up better.

It's usually a case when i buy an album and suddenly lots of songs take big drops down my chart. They're probably still getting similar number of plays but overshadowed by said new album.

Seeing blind is amazing, by far my favourite of the Flicker album tracks. I'm hoping this will be the next single.

LOL those rare moments where songs climb really do stand out. I think the most extraordinary examples are the songs that climb to their peak, i think those chart runs really do reflect just how much i've grown to love a song over a period of time. Hmm i'm not really sure if Havana has what it takes to topple Rita Ora as i'd say right now, she's still ahead of everyone else but of course that could change by next weekend.
User avatar
JakeP
Manager
 
Posts: 3177
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013

Postby JakeP » Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:30 pm

JSparksFan wrote:What a Top 5! "Anywhere" has quickly become one of my favourite (and most played) songs of the year. Just light, frothy excellence reminiscent of 2014's "I Will Never Let You Down".

"Seeing Blind" is definitely in my Top 3 Flicker songs, and "Havana" is, of course, one of the big highlights of 2017 for me. Just like the song took a few plays to really connect with me, I had to watch the video a few times to really appreciate its charm. I've even been watching all her live performances of "Havana," and I'm really amazed at how much Camila is winning me over, given how little I care(d) about Fifth Harmony.

01 (NE) Rita Ora - Anywhere [1 wk] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
02 (NE) Niall Horan & Maren Morris - Seeing blind [1 wk] [#2]
03 (01) Mabel featuring Kojo Funds - Finders keepers [3 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
04 (07) Camila Cabello featuring Young Thug - Havana [7 wks] [#4]
05 (02) P!nk - Where we go [2 wks] [#2]
07 (NE) Niall Horan - Flicker [1 wk] [#7]
10 (NE) Niall Horan - On the loose [1 wk] [#10]
11 (05) Charlie Puth - How long [4 wks] [#4]
12 (06) Niall Horan - Too much to ask [7 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
16 (NE) Taylor Swift - Gorgeous [1 wk] [#16]
17 (15) P!nk - What about us [12 wks] [#1] (3 wks @ #1)
18 (03) Paloma Faith - Crybaby [6 wks] [#2]
19 (NE) Mariah Carey - The star [1 wk] [#19]
20 (NE) Liam Payne - Bedroom floor [1 wk] [#20]
Thanks Akini :D

If only the UK charts could have a flawless top 5 like that? :lol: As soon as i played Anywhere for the first, it was an instant hit for me. With some Rita Ora songs i've not been fully sold, and they grow on me. This was as instant as it could possibly get. I wasn't that big on I will never let you down either, it spent a fortnight stalling outside my top 20 but then tailed off after that.

I hope to see more from Seeing blind. Niall and Maren's vocals work incredibly well together. The record label would be crazy to leave this as an album track imo. :P

Ahh yes i know you've been loving Havana for a while. Here it's been like a rare slow burner thats got better each week, and obviously we then had the music video which gave the song a big boost into my top 5. Camila now equals her previous best peak as Bad things was a #4 hit for me back in January, but i can see this being the bigger single in the long run. I also agree that whilst i do like some of Fifth Harmony's singles, i never adored them in the way i do with Little Mix.
User avatar
JakeP
Manager
 
Posts: 3177
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013

Postby JakeP » Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:41 pm

Fan wrote:Yay! Me too. Honestly never expected her to have some sort of chart success, let alone hit the top 10! Good times. Almost everything she had released so far has been outstanding.

I think she has delivered another great record as well. Have been reading quite a lot of negative comments on her, but in general it's a very solid record!

I haven't seen any of their videos, I don't think :o I did listen to their new song and really liked it. Thanks for introducing it! Shame it's already out of your chart this week though.

And YES @ Rita entering so high. It is fast becoming my favourite Rita song as well, constantly on repeat. Such a cute, little song. The chorus especially is just divine.
Haven't heard any of Niall's stuff tbh. And I can't say I am interested to hear it either :oops: The album cover looks nice though!
And I cannot stand that Havana song. Tried to like it, but just doesn't click.
Thanks Fan :D

I still have a gut feeling Mabel is gonna really breakthrough in 2018. I'm excited to see just how much Mabel slays with her new single and i'm guessing impending debut album release?

For me, releasing Revenge as a single may have been what put a dampener on the album, although it's still been a strong selling album so the fans are happy. :D Where we go really deserves to be a single though. :wink:

Ahh Kodaline did really well getting into my chart but i knew there would be quite a few big exits with me getting Niall's album and checking out a few other new releases.

LOL to be honest, i had an inkling even last weekend that Rita Ora would be a big contender for my #1 spot last weekend. The song, the music video, and especially her performance on The Jonathan Ross show have all helped to propel Anywhere to the top.

Aww, i can't expect everyone to love Niall but he's always been my favourite member of One Direction. I just adore his personality and attitude plus he's so gorgeous in such an unassuming way. Love him! <3 :oops:

I always accept that not everyone likes the same songs so its fair enough that you don't like Havana. Her chart run for me so far is 11-(x5)-15-12-09-09-07-04 which just proves that this wasn't even close to an instant hit for me but a definite slow burner. :wink:
User avatar
JakeP
Manager
 
Posts: 3177
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013

Return to Personal Charts